Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo V50 Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• ukgirlukgirl Posts: 6
    Do any of you know what a good deal is on a 2009 V50, with a sticker price of around $30,000? We looked at the base model today and the dealer offered us a lease of $1,000 down (including 1st month payment, tax, license etc) and $390 per month including tax for 3 years, 12,000 miles a year. Does anyone know if this is a good deal or if I can negotiate less?? The residual at the end of the lease is $12,000.
    Thank you.
    ps. we live in Southern CA.
  • I am sure this has been explained but I don't know where to find it. Volvo is offering dealers a large incentive $4,500 to $6,000 to send the lease to other finance companies, e.g. US Bank. Why doesn't the dealer just reduce the price for a cash buyer by a like amount?

I have been offered a 2009 V50 2.4 with a cap cost in the $22K; .0025 MF and a 40% residual (36mo/12K). This seems like market to me but it uses the incentive to get the cap cost down.

I have enough room on my HELOC to borrow and pay cash, but the dealer won't let me buy it for the cap cost.

Does anyone know if I leased it and purchased the car through early termination the next day if I would have to pay a stiff penalty?
  • murphy4murphy4 Posts: 92
    I currently lease a V50 and it is due March 2010. Because a change in my job last year, I will run out miles and warranty in August 2009.

Do I take advantage of cheap financing and get out early? I will be charge .18/mile, I will be looking at a $1,800 charge at the end for excess and no warranty starting next month
  • aga3aga3 Posts: 2
    Could you help me to find out what should be my lease payment on volvo v50
    I am in Chicago and i would like to lease as soon as is possible.
    and how i get a lease from other financial institution than volvo (if that gives me still better price ?)
  • I'm looking at a '10 V50 T5 R Design AWD, and am wondering:

1. Are there incentives out there for the dealer right now? I know there are for the XC70, but I hear different things. Dealer says "no" but Edmunds says $1250 goes to dealer on the V50. Looking for a confirmation

2. My deal so far with little negotiation is:
    2010 V50 R, Booster, Climate, Metallic, Preferred, Multimedia, Xenon, Off black leather, Manual, 48 months, 10K/year
    $38,900 MSRP (Not sure what the actual cap price is, believe it's 36,471)
    36% Value
    14,004 Residual
    $795 cap reduction
    MF: .0030
    $1300 due at signing (cap red and first pmt)

Would love some insight. Also looking at an A4 Avant, which is a bit larger.
  • Hi tenmiler. The $1,250 dealer cash that you read about definitely exists. The dealer denied that it does in an effort to pocket the cash. This sort of thing happens all the time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    Is there still any dealer money out there now? I'm comparing the V50 to the Subaru Outback, so far like the V50 the best. Any deals I should be aware of?

Does anyone know if the V50 is due for a redesign any time soon, or will this model still be "current" for the next couple years, at least?
  • volvobuffvolvobuff Posts: 35
    There is a minimal $1250 lease subvention if you lease through US Bank, which is now Volvo's "preferred" lessor. However, this is available only through the end of this month. Volvo has announced that they are discontinuing subventions on the S40 and V50 effective April 1st.
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    What about if you buy instead of lease, is there any money for that?
  • volvobuffvolvobuff Posts: 35
    $1000 if you currently own or lease a Volvo or Saab. There is also a 2.9 APR six-year loan available through US Bank. These are both good only through the end of March.
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Posts: 90
    volvobuff,

Where did you get the information that they will be discontinuing subventions on the S40 and V50? Will the 2.9% financing disappear as well? Does this apply to the sub vented money factor and residual as well, meaning they will likely go to standard rates? Will they be adding the money towards other vehicles, such as the S80, XC-60, and XC-90? It seems they already added an extra $1,000 cash towards the S80 in conjunction with the 0% financing.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi biancar. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volvo is currently offering $1,250 dealer cash on the 2010 V50.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
13»
This discussion has been closed.