Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• pawnbrokerpawnbroker Member Posts: 4
    2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD
    Premium Package
    Climate Package
    Versatily Package

Monthly payment $599

Due at signing $810 (that's first month's payment of $599 and motor vehicle fee of $211).

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
  • love2driveinctlove2driveinct Member Posts: 80
    You didn't mention the terms... how many months & how many miles per year?
  • dackermandackerman Member Posts: 1
    Using Volvo Financing was told lease mandated $395 disposition fee if I chose not to purchase and $150 fee with purchase option. Is this standard with Volvo Financing?

Was also told Volvo Financing charges $0.25 per mile (not the $0.20 I've seen on all Volvo adverts) for excess mileage for vehicles with a sticker greater than $50,000. Anyone else run into this?
  • used2lovehondaused2lovehonda Member Posts: 2
    My husband and I just leased an 08 that was 42,000 and got a 5,000 discount and we put down 3500 and out payments are for 4 yrs. $550. Is that OK? I am seeing that a lot of you put less $$$ down and your payments are less. This is a 2.5 7 passenger and it is not an all wheel drive. Please let me know?
  • awedioawedio Member Posts: 57
    I assume, this is for a 3.2 FWD. (XC90 is available 3.2 or 4.4)
    To me, It doesn't sound like a good deal.

Leasing 101 (I learnt that from these boards), NEVER put any money down, always lease with minimum drive off.

I'm getting ready to lease a V8 7 pass. AWD
    msrp = 57100
    24 mo lease, 10,500 miles, 60% residual
    drive off = 1200
    mo. pmt + tax = 635

btw, what is Volvo Finance acquisition/bank fee?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Both numbers are correct.
  • swifty5swifty5 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted on XC90 3.2 AWD with premium package, climate package, versatility package and Rear seat DVD. $47,000 MSRP
    $1,500 out of pocket
    24 month lease
    10,500 per year
    $549 including taxes
    This is a Pennsylvania lease
    Do you think this is a good deal?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    but who read it?

ME!
    I read every darned thing on whatever I sign.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    I have an '07 XC90 3.2 AWD Lease with nearly the same options. No DVD but MSRP was ~ $47k and mypayments are $535/mo. including AZ tax.

This is a 24 mo. lease with 15k miles/year.
  • wzhao68wzhao68 Member Posts: 15
    Just a heads-up, I'm turning in my 06 X90, and it's over 24,000 miles, I thought the charge was 10 or 15 cents per mile, but it turned out to be 25 cents! I know it's written somewhere in the contract, but who read it? This is through credit union car leasing of america, I think all credit union car leasing go through them, so just be aware, and check the numbers before signing the contract!

David
  • swifty5swifty5 Member Posts: 2
    What was your out of pocket money? Do you know the tax rate in AZ?
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Mileage penalties are clearly written on the contract.

ALWAYS read what you sign!!!!
  • aclongoaclongo Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan,

What is current money factor and RV% on a 24month lease? I have sterling credit.

Thanks
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    I would need to know all your options to give you a better response. But for comparison, here's my '07 Lease details:

$535/mo. including taxes - 24 months
    3.2 AWD
    15k miles/yr
    Premium
    Versatility
    Climate
    Bi-Xenon
    Convenience
    Wood Inlays
    Front window Tint
  • michelle1181michelle1181 Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone tell me if this is a good deal

08 Volvo xc90
    36month/15k miles/0down
    w/dvd
    $565/month
  • steveinvtsteveinvt Member Posts: 17
    We are picking up our XC90 with a pretty similar set up at $528/month. Not sure if your price includes tax, which may account for the difference.
  • vtgolfervtgolfer Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 36 mo lease on a 3.2 with everything except navigation. The cost looked good, but the residual was the offset. It was quite the adjustment from car to truck for the residuals. Here is what I got:

MSRP: 45,200
    Cap cost reduction: 400
    Acquisition: excluded from lease, paid cash
    Cost:36,300

Residual was 48% and the MF was 0.002. Cash out of pocket was $2000, and $400 of that was at the cap cost reduction. Bank was not Volvo, but Chase - which probably accounts for the deep discount off MSRP.

PMT = 519 before tax, 545 after tax

I wasn't thrilled with the deal, but there it is. They tried to get me into a 48 month lease, but I wasn't going for that. If anyone has any data points to share, it would be great - knowing my msrp to pmt ratio was low 80s leads me to believe I didn't get a good deal, but this may be the going metric for Volvos...
  • vtgolfervtgolfer Member Posts: 2
    One more thing - I got 10,000 miles per year.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Singed the paperwork and picked it up on Friday Feb 29.

08 XC90 Black/Sandstone Beige
    Premium
    Versatility
    Convenience
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Active Bi-Xenons

MSRP: $44,620

Due at signing: First payment + tax + tag PLUS 500 down
    $500 coming back from my previous lease security deposit, so in theory Just First Payment, Tax and Tag.

Payment: $519 (includes FL use tax).
    Terms: 24 months, 10,500 miles per year
    Additional Conditions: Dealer paid off 4 remaining payment of old lease - $1,944
    picked up my new XC90 a week ago, 48 month, $2200 d/o, 12000 miles/year, $18 cent/mile overage (I read contract this time), black, premium and 3rd row package, $399/month (tax not included). Pretty much the same terms as my previous 06 XC90, except for d/o is cheaper this time.
    Ended up spending $500 for the maintenance package they are selling at the dealer, which includes 15000, 22500, and 30000 mile maintenance (first 7500 mile service is free), and 30000 one by itself is about $500, I think it's a good deal.

David
  • itaddictitaddict Member Posts: 15
    Hi - sounds like a good deal. looking for 12000/year - who is your dealer? What may i reference to get this deal? I live in NJ.

Regards
  • itaddictitaddict Member Posts: 15
    Hi - can you tell me which dealer you got this from? I'm in NJ. What may i use as a reference for this deal - sounds awsome. I would require a larger mileage htough.
    I'm in southern california. but i'd expect they are all the same. I'd use the current advertised deal as an reference, and try to get the lower deal. every dealer has an internet department, you can just email them to get quotes, and use the lowest one ask other dealer to match or better it.
    good luck
  • bomb27bomb27 Member Posts: 8
    Hey, how about a 2 for one deal? We are looking for a lease in NJ as well. It seems like the current promo of $399 is okay, but have you guys had any success in working the price down?
  • lhandelsmanlhandelsman Member Posts: 3
    What do people think of this?

2008 xc90 fwd leather no navigation
    42k msrp
    ~36 sales price
    2 years 10.5k miles
    $2295 down
    $424.50 incl tax.

This was before the Spring Sales event, i wonder if I can get them down even more. Not stoked on the down payment but don't want to pay much more per mth.

anyone know residual and mf for this car?
  • joecicakjoecicak Member Posts: 5
    FWD Base Model
    479/month inc 9% sales tax
    0 Down

Add AWD for $519/mo with 0 down

24 month lease
    12,000 per year
  • jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 61
    I have leased from Red Bank Volvo in the past & found they can offer very fair internet pricing. I will shop around first & go there to make a deal. Large inventory & no games. Good Luck.
  • jpixjpix Member Posts: 4
    Here's my deal. Comments anybody???.

509.00 month including 9% PA tax
    24 month lease/12,000 per year
    metallic paint
    AWD
    Premium Package
    Climate Package
    0 down

Is this a reasonable deal???
  • ferkyferky Member Posts: 20
    In suburban Philadelphia:

24 mo./12,000 per year
    XC90 3.2
    AWD
    DVD
    Climate package
    Versatility package
    Premium package
    $46,500 MSRP
    $39,900 sale price
    $1,550 at signing
    ...............$569/month including 9% PA tax

Thoughts?
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    In Florida. Got offered:

2008 XC90 with the following:
    Convenience Pkg
    BLIS Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Versatility Pkg
    Wood Steering Wheel
    Rear DVD Player (not sure if in one of above packages)
    Garmin NAV Touchscreen system for Free w/ Bluetooth for Phone (current promotion through the end of March)
    Note: this is not the garbage NAV system that's made by Volvo but one that is portable that they install for free mounted on top of dash wired directly into the speaker system...I believe it's voice activated too on Bluetooth commands

24 month lease, give the dealer a total of $935 at start, 15,000 miles/year and 23 remaining payments of $496 month including Florida state sales tax. The sticker price on vehicle was about $46K and lease cap cost was about $37K

Is this a good deal or not???

Note: This is NOT the AWD version vehicle.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi David. Dealers often try to create a false sense of urgency in consumers to convince them to finalize their deal ASAP. If dealers don't get you to commit to a deal while you are physically at their dealership, there is a good chance that they will lost you. That's why they always pull the "this deal ends soon." Volvo's lease program for the XC90 is basically the same in March as it was in February. I believe that the current lease program is only scheduled to run through the 31st, but I would be shocked if its April program was any worse than its current one. Of course, it's difficult to tell exactly what automakers will do with their incentives with 100% accuracy.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi David. Yes, Volvo Finance's 24 month lease program is more attractive than its 36 month program right now. Volvo is even featuring the 24 month term in its advertised payments. This vehicle's exact lease program varies by trim level, but just to give you an idea of the difference Volvo Finance's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor for a 2008 XC90 3.2T AWD 5-Passenger is 00093. This compares with .00223 for a 36 month lease of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey awedio. The last time that I checked, Volvo Finance's base lease acquisition fee was $595.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

Do you know what the MF and residual is for a X90 3.2 7 passenger for a 24 mo. 10,500 and 12,000 mile lease?

I was quoted .00087 and 63% (62% on the 12k lease) and I wanted to know if there was any room to negotiate there.

Thanks
    Hi aclongo. Volvo Finance's lease program for the 2008 XC90 varies by trim level and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2T AWD 5-Passenger with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a lease with the aforementioned parameters are .00093 and 60%, respectively. The residual value would be 1% higher if you lease with only 12,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new XC90, zamo. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real world examples like this are very helpful for consumers who are in the market for similar vehicles. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lhandelsman. I see that you are considering making a down payment on the XC90 that you are interested in. Is the $2,295 all of the money that you will have to pay at lease signing or it is all a capitalized cost reduction? I always advise consumers against making cap cost reductions on leases. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were offered. The XC90 that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,900 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, Volvo is currently providing a $2,750 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle through Volvo Finance. This gives you a total of around $5,650 to play with during your negotiations. If the dealer is running your lease through Volvo Finance, the $6,000 discount that you were quoted looks outstanding to me. Just make sure that the dealer uses Volvo Finance's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and you're all set. Volvo Finance's current buy rate for a 24 month lease of an '08 XC90 3.2 FWD 5-Passenger is .00041. The residual value for a 24 month, 10.5k lease of this vehicle is 62%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jpix. It is difficult for us to give you an opinion of the deal that you were offered without knowing exactly what XC90 this is, i.e. is it an '08 XC90 3.2 AWD 7-Passenger AWD, 3.2 FWD 5-Passenger FWD, etc... Even better would be if you were able to provide is with this vehicle's MSRP and selling price. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know anyhow because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. It is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given on this vehicle without knowing what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ferky. The dealer invoice price of the XC90 that you described is probably around $43,000. Plus, Volvo is currently providing a $2,750 cash incentive on leases of it through Volvo Finance. That lowers the invoice to around $40,250. The $39,900 selling price that you were quoted looks outstanding to me. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Volvo Finance's current 24 month buy rate lease money factor of .00093 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bondguy1. The dealer invoice price for the XC90 that you are interested in is probably around $42,800 or so. Plus, Volvo is currently providing a $2,750 cash incentive on leases of this model through Volvo Finance. Add to this $750 for the free Garmin promotion and it drops the invoice down to around $39,300. If this lease is being run through Volvo Finance, a selling price of $37,000 is an outstanding deal. If your lease is being run through an independent bank there are additional cash incentives that this truck would be eligible for. It would still be a good deal, just not as mind blowing as it would be if this is a Volvo Finance lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ferky. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 XC90 3.2 7 passenger AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00087 and 62%, respectively. The 10,500 mile per year residual value for this lease would be 63%. As you can see,, these numbers are in line with what you were quoted by the dealer. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take the $2,750 cash incentive that Volvo is currently providing on Volvo Finance leases of this model into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpixjpix Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Guy. Thanks for your help.

Here's the deal I'm leaning toward. I like this dealer better then the one who gave me the other offer.

2008 XC90 AWD, black, 5 passenger, premium package, climate package,
    List: 42,475.00
    Selling price: $35,400.00
    24 mo / 12K per year lease
    0 down, $468+ sales tax otd (first month lease)
    $468 + sales tax per month
  • stim141stim141 Member Posts: 1
    Currently lease a 2006 XC90 V8, pretty much loaded except for nav and rear DVD system. When I leased mine in August of 2006 it was an end of year clearance deal. My 24 mon, 10.5K a year including all taxes and personal property tax (Missouri - West County Volvo) came to a grand total of $428.00 per month. Basically the dealer reduced the price from about 53K to 44K and jacked up the residual. Had to drop 3500 at signing. Seems like the APR for the lease was about .01% - super high credit score. I did have to a hard negociate at the time of the deal but they eventually bent - no trade, etc.

Would LOVE to do the same deal again as the car has been pretty flawless. The only problem I see is that there doesn't appear to be that many XC90 V8's on the lot this year but there are a ton still out there with the V6 model.
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    A dealer I spoke to offered me a "special edition" 2008 XC90 with a sticker price of about $52,000. It's the AWD version with V8...pretty well loaded. Has the nicer leather, markings on outside stating special edition, a lot of extra chrome and metal markings (like metal plate on rear bumper top, etc...).
    With same $1,000 total due at start on a 24 month lease, 23 remaining payments of $600/month including tax (includes 16,500 miles a year, not 15K). I almost think this is a better deal than the V6 version deal I posted available to me on 3/18's post. There are a few things I didn't like about the V6 version:

The cheap looking leather seats with the pebbles "vinly" looking seat bolsters on sides of seat cushion.
    The radio, while some may like this style, I didn't like the BIG telephone style buttons....I'm coming from an Audi with MMI and not used to having radio buttons especially ones that big and bulky.
    No avilable better stereo (Dynaudio).
    I do realize there is a big price difference between the two and my V6 deal is smoking hot....but I am seriously considering the V8 version...also, wouldn't mind a little extra pep in the acceleration department.
    In all 3 quotes that I've gotten from dealers, using Volvo Finance, I am required to pay at signing: first month's lease, $795 bank fee, $72 tax on bank fee and $1something for tax, tags, etc.

I don't understand the people that have $0 at signing. Are those fees waived? Rolled into the monthly payments? What am I missing?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Rolled into the monthly payments...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• g4gibbg4gibb Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good lease deal in CT?
    Xc90 3.2 AWD 7 passenger
    nav
    premium package
    climate pkg
    versatility pkg
    bi-xenon lights
    silver
    sticker: 47, 942
    sale price 37,450
    36 months/15k
    $574 per month with tax
    $1850 due at signing (includes 1st month pmt)
  • g4gibbg4gibb Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good lease deal in CT?
    Xc90 3.2 AWD 7 passenger
    nav
    premium package
    climate pkg
    versatility pkg
    bi-xenon lights
    silver
    sticker: 47, 942
    sale price 37,450
    36 months/15k
    $574 per month includes tax
    $1850 due at signing (includes 1st month pmt)
  • bomb27bomb27 Member Posts: 8
    This is the car I'm looking at:
    2008 XC90 3.2L AWD
    7 Passenger
    Climate Pkg (bum warmers)
    Premium Pkg(oooo leather)
    Versatility Pkg (3rd row for short people)
    metallic paint
    NO DVD, NO NAV, NO BIXENON

$249 a month, $4989 due at signing
    4 Yr Warrantee, or 50,000 miles (standard)

The residual is 63%, which equals $18500.
    So that means after 2 year lease, I will have paid $10965 (not including tax), and if I add the residual to buy the car outright, it's $29465...

Here are other calcs on this SUV:
    The Cap Cost is $29408
    The MSRP is $44725
    The Invoice is $41908

The math:
    What I pay after 2 years - CAP Cost = 29465 - 29408 =... $57???

Does this mean I am not paying any interest? I believe the bank underwriting this is JP Morgan, or at least that is what I think I saw on the screen.

So my first question is, is the 24 month deal that is going on a crazy deal?
    Some things that factored into my deal, as some of you may say that my numbers are not what match the advertisements.

There are currently two offers in the NY Tri state area:
    1) Garmin GPS for $750
    2) $500 Trade in incentive
    I was able to get credit for both as I did not want the Garmin. This may be in the tri state only.

So... if you factor that I got the extra $1250 to make my monthly payments $249 instead of $299, am I basically leasing a car at no interest?

Also, am I doing something horrible by putting so much down?
    Since I'm doing a trade in, I just figured I would use that money to reduce my monthly.. not that I have a problem holding onto money, but still, I like the idea of just paying $250 a month...

Anyway, this was a LONG post, but I would love some feedback, as I will decide on this by Monday. Is there something wrong with this deal that I don't get? I am willing to pay down so much because I'm doing a trade in.

thanks, and this forum is awesome.

(One comment I've learned from the forum, that there are risks in paying so much in down payment if you get into an accident that totals the car. Is this true?)
    Hopefully someone with a lot more insight than me will weigh in, but your numbers don't make a lot of sense:

You're saying that you were quoted a lease sale price of $29,400 on a car with an MSRP of $46,700???? $12,500 UNDER invoice? Even adding back in the $5,000 due at signing, your price is still more than $7,000 under invoice. I just don't see how that's possible. Plus, residual is based on MSRP, so a 63% residual (10.5k miles a year?) would put you at just over $28,000, only $1,400 under the sale price?? Consider me confused and extremely doubtful. I think you are missing something here. I'm about to post the lease deal that I just made. Not saying that it's the best, but it's waaaay off from yours. One of us is going to be wrong; if it's me, then I guess I made a crappy deal. See my post in prices paid and buying experience.

Also, I understand how easy it can be to put lots of money down when you are getting the cash anyway from the trade-in, but you would actually be better off putting that cash in the bank, having it earn interest, and pay a higher monthly. If the car is stolen or in a bad accident, that money is gone -- even if it's 3 days after leaving the dealer. . . .
This discussion has been closed.