Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• flufjetflufjet Member Posts: 5
    My 2006 XC90 V8 AWD is coming off lease this month. Volvo Finance has lowered the buyout (residual) from $31,600 to $23,000.

The local dealer says my out-the-door cost will be $23,000 plus tax and a dealer fee of $499.

I know that I have to pay tax... but what about this dealer fee? I could not find it anywhere on my original lease contract with Volvo Finance.

Is this fee legit or a negotiable item?

Thank you!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Well, who are you buying from? If you are using the dealer to negotiate the lease, then I guess they can charge you. If you deal with volvo Finance direct, however, you owe what the contract states.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Well I assume the lease buyout is from Volvo Finance...

FWIW, I called other Volvo dealers here in Georgia and apparently they all charge a dealer fee on a lease buyout. This fee is supposedly for doing all of the "paperwork" involved in the ownership transfer (yeah right).
  • mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    If the dealer fee was not disclosed before hand, I don't see why you are obligated to pay them. How about paying Volvo Finance directly? When I was inquiring about lease-end with another car, I had the impression I could just pay the financing company directly, although I opted to return the car eventually.
  • zombiemanzombieman Member Posts: 14
    Car_man,

Can you please post the Volvo XC90 lease numbers for Feb 2009 and any known incentives?

I'm looking at a 2009 3.2 AWD with Climate, Convenience, Versatility, & Premium pkgs.

And want to know money factors and residuals on 36 month, & 48 month, 15K/yr mileage leases.

Thanks!!!
  • volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    In most states Volvo Finance isn't set up to deal directly with the public, so the dealer has to do it.
    There is nothing in this for the dealer, so you do have to pay for the dealers time.
    Nobody wants to work for free. Especially these days.
    If $500 is going to break you buying out your lease, don't buy the car. Return it and buy something else.
    If $500 is going to break you buying out your lease, don't buy the car. Return it and buy something else

Whether or not I can afford to pay $500 for the dealer fee is irrelevant. My only question was if this was a legitimate fee since it was not shown on ANY of my lease agreement contracts. Since it appears to be legitimate, I'll pay it.

Don't get me wrong, I want the dealers to make enough money to stay in business, but I'll be damned if it's going to be from "paint protection", pinstripe, and nonsense "market adjustment" schemes (or made-up dealer "fees").

Lastly, I don't appreciate the sneering tone of your reply.
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    I hope I get a buyout deal that lowers my residual $8,600 this December.

While everything is negotiable, I suspect the dealership will be firm, make some profit (not a bad word), and if you buy it, you'll get an unexpected great deal.

Enjoy!
    Lastly, I don't appreciate the sneering tone of your reply.

chill, dude. internet posts can't really have a "tone." I read vmax's reply as being very matter-of-factly. I don't believe any offense was intended.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• swagner5swagner5 Member Posts: 2
    Any thoughts on the following lease deal?

$475 ,monthly lease on a VC90 with $3800 down (includes bank fee), 36 month lease, 15k miles. Features: navigation, premium seating, climate.

Just came to me and was hoping for a quick reaction. Thanks for the help.
  • fluid15fluid15 Member Posts: 60
    A few questions about your deal:

1) Is the $475 the complete monthly payment ("out the door") or do you still need to add tax?
    2) Does the $3800 include First/Last month payment, Security Deposit, Registration, etc?

If $475 is the total payment and there is no "Cap Cost Reduction" in your downpayment then i would say it's ok.
    v6 or v8? fwd or awd? 3rd row? msrp? cap cost? money factor?

• swagner5swagner5 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks all.

Car model facts: v6, awd, 3rd row, MSRP = $48k
    Terms: Tax not included -- it's on the top unfortunately. No security deposit.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Tim. Volvo enhanced its lease program on the XC90 for the month of February. This move is not really all that surprising given the fact that Volvo sales were down something like sixty something last month and are tracking even worse than that thus far in February. I'm afraid that the Volvo brand, despite its good products, is a dead man walking. I would be shocked if Ford didn't eventually sell it.

Volvo Finance's lease program for the XC90 varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what any of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of an '09 XC90 3.2 AWD 7 Passenger with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the aforementioned vehicle and terms are .00188 and 39%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that Volvo is currently providing on it.

If you opt to lease your XC90 through a bank other than Volvo Finance, you can take advantage of an additional $6,000 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new XC90, speck37. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com as well to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zombieman. You're in luck, Volvo enhanced its lease program on the 2009 XC90 for February. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 XC90 3.2 AWD 7 Passenger with 15,000 miles per year are .00188 and 39%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00245 and 31%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 cash incentive that it currently available on it.

If you choose to lease it through a bank other than Volvo Finance, you are eligible for an additional $6,000 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • sluurrpeesluurrpee Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car-Man...Is the $1500 cash incentive you mention the $1,553 stimulus incentive they have going or is that an additional $1500?

I have deal on the table for an 09 Volvo XC90 3.2AWD at $500 below invoice before the $6k lease incentive and $1,533 stimulus incentive. How low below invoice should I expect the dealer to go before rebates/incentives?

Thanks!
  • tonyg41tonyg41 Member Posts: 17
    I just signed on a lease for a XC90 in jersey
    3.2 AWD Climate, Premium, bluetooth its 5 seats not 7
    12000 miles a year
    36 months
    2550 down
    529 a month taxes and all included
    MSRP was 41390 took just over 10k off the MSRP

I thought it was a fair deal was I right or should I have looked to get it less?
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    I am looking for the best deal on a lease in Southern California on a XC90 V6 or V8.

I current own 2 Volvo's; V70 2.5T and V50 T5. The V70 is coming up on the end of it's lease in May 09.

I want a 3 year deal with 12,000 miles a year.

Feedback would be appreciated.
  • jacmyoung2jacmyoung2 Member Posts: 20
    Read that Volvo Finance was willing to reduce the buyout from $31,600 down to $23,000 from an earier post, and Car_Man's comment on the current Volvo sales conditions, I went to check out our 05' XC90 2.5 AWD 3rd seat resale value.

Whole sale is about $14K high, and that was for an SUV at about $38K (final cap cost) just 3.5 years ago with 55K miles.

Our end of lease purchase option is around $20k 6 months from now, seriously considering dumping Volvo for something else.
    There is NOTHING that is bringing its resudual value now. Esp not in the SUV market.
    Lease co's are taking it on the chin. Many have stopped leasing all together because of the losses they are taking.
    But, that is why as a consumer you lease.
    You don't have to worry about resale value.
  • jacmyoung2jacmyoung2 Member Posts: 20
    Good point!

Interesting enough Volvo is the only one of the few that still offers attractive leasing. I guess they figured they have nothing to lose.

I hope the special leases will still be there in 6 to 8 months.
    Hey sluurrpee. I actually just found out about the Volvo's enhanced stimulate your stimulus (is that a bad tag line or what) cash right after I posted my reply to you. Volvo increased the $1,500 that I mentioned in my previous post slightly to $1,553. Unfortunately, it is not running two cash promotions on this model.

$500 below dealer invoice minus all of the available cash incentives sounds like an excellent deal to me. I personally doubt that you are going to bee able to do much better than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • chefseanchefsean Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, So, invoice minus the $7553 is a good deal on 09 xc90 3.2? Do Volvo dealers have holdback money? What are the incentives for march on this car? Heard the residuals on 7 seater is much better than 5 seater so its only a few dollars more per mth on lease is this true?
  • jennycreamjennycream Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    we just looked at our 4th volvo and are about to sign a new lease. Can you let me know if you think this deal is good? I'm also wondering if the incentives or givebacks negotiate the price of the vehicle and how this effects the residual.

thx

09 xc90
    4 year lease
    12,000 miles
    premium, climate, versatility packages, dvd and bluetooth
    577 per month
    2k down
    $46,370 price of vehicle
    $34, 664 after incentives/give backs
    29% residual
    they will pay the final 3 months of current lease (1700 and excess miles $600)
  • raffiemraffiem Member Posts: 11
    Carman,

Is it better for me to buy a 2007 Pre-owned or lease a nicely equipped 09?
    Im looking at one with, Convenience, Versatility, and Climate packages with Rear Seat DVD's? Would like to lease and buy out at the end.

42,234 is the Invoice Price on carsdirect.

What do you think a fair price is?
  • nikjreecenikjreece Member Posts: 11
    I just got a quote from a NJ dealer for a 3.2 XC90 AWD with Climate, Convienance, Premium, Versatlity and RSE. It's black metallic.

It's a 36 month 15K mi/yr.

They told me $661 month with $1175 due at signing.
  • mroctobermroctober Member Posts: 21
    That lease numbers sounds like a $50k car and XC90 3.2 is definitely no 50k. I think you can get X5 3.0 well equiped at that range. see this page about leasing XC90:

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2009/03/09-volvo-xc90-lease-rates-march-2009
    This is a fully loaded 3.2 AWD. I got every package except for Technology. When I built this car on the Volvo website the MSRP is $48,579. Given that, does that sound about right?

I went through the Costo program and when I sent that number to 3 other dealerships in NJ one said they couldn't match it or beat it because it was almot $2000 below invoice, 2 said they would only match it because things are slow.
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    The 661/mo includes taxes? It still seems high to me for a Volvo. My wife is deciding right now on whether to go for the XC90, a GLK or an Acura MDX. I think the Acura may give the best bang for the buck of all three, but of course the Volvo also includes scheduled maintenance. Tough call. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Yes, this includes taxes rolled into the payment. The das is first month, registration and a bank fee.
    MSRP $46420
    Invoice $44184
    Selling $35659 includes all rebates and discounts
    Residual $$16864
    money factor .0024

This is based on a lease with US bank top tier credit.
  • raffiemraffiem Member Posts: 11
    Which Dealer in NJ quoted you this?
    Garden State and I've got 1 that is willing to match it exactly and 1 that will match it with a 39 month. Although originally they said they would match it exactly but when I went in today to fill out my forms they did a bit of a bait and switch on me!!!! NOT real happy about that so I walked out.

Also, I see that my money factor i s .0024, but while I was sitting at the desk of the salesperson I saw a sheet on the desk that said the March money factor for 7 passenger, AWD, 3.2 was .00190.

Am I being cheated here or is this a good deal????

PLEASE HELP! I need to make a decision by March 31st!
    The difference between the money factors is a full percentage point in annual percentage rate - 4.76 vs 5.76. I would certainly ask the question. Dealers try to make money any way they can, including marking up the loan/lease rates.

I think we'll go take a look tomorrow or Wednesday. If we do, I'll let you know what the local dealer here on LI quotes me.
    Hi chefsean. Invoice minus $1,553 is an excellent deal on a lease of an '09 XC90 through Volvo Finance. For leases through other banks there is an additional $6,197 cash incentive. Man it's amazing how many thousands of dollars in incentives Volvo is throwing around on its vehicles. Clearly they aren't priced properly.

The residual values for the 5- and 7-Passenger models appear to be the same right now to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jennycream. I'd be happy to take a look at this deal, but it would be much easier for me to evaluate if I knew what this vehicle's full MSRP is. The MSRP will enable me to calculate a lease payment on it and to see how much of a discount you are being given. You can look it up over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

A 29% residual value? Ouch.

Car_man
    Host
    Which vehicle is a better deal depends upon what the payment would be like on an '07 CPO XC90. I don't personally follow used vehicle lease programs very closely so I don't know what it would be. I can give you an idea of how much it would cost to lease the new XC90 that you are interested in right now. Just let me know what its MSRP and dealer invoice prices are and I'll crunch some numbers for you. Both numbers are needed to calculate a lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    MSRP $46420
    Invoice $44184
    Selling $35659 includes all rebates and discounts
    Residual $$16864
    money factor .0024

2009, AWD, Volvo XC 90, 3.2, Black Metallic, Premium, Climate, Convienence, Versatility.

36 months, 15K mi/yr, $1776 das
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    What's the payment?

$650/mo.?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

$661.86 X 39 with rear seat, $31 a month less without the RSE

$675.98 X 36 with the rear seat, $33 less a month without RSE
  • macsrulmacsrul Member Posts: 7
    Car Man

Can you tell me the residual on a 2 and 3 year lease through volvo finance? It is a 8 cyl 7 passenger version.

Thanks!

Bob
    Hello Car Man, Are you there? Awaiting a reply. I'm new to this, so I'm not sure how it works.
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Hi, the dealer is offer $12000 off a MSRP $59792 for a 2008 XC90 Sport (with DVD, Nav and bliss, etc). Is this a good deal? My 2007 XC 90 sport lease is ending in June. Any suggestions what I should do? Should I push for a better deal or should I just extend my current lease for another 6 months( this is a 2 yr lease from Volvo). Thanks.
    Just for kicks I went on the KBB website and I checked the resale value of this car (what they say you should expect to pay if you bought it used from a dealer) with one mile on it, in excellent condition, and the value came back as $43k. Tells you something about the impact of depreciation, huh?
    A very good point. Thanks.
    Volvo has apparently just announced a price cut on the XC90, of 8% or up to $3250.

http://www.motorauthority.com/volvo-cuts-xc90-pricing-by-8-for-2009.html
    Just curious if the Invoice price will drop accordingly and how will this affect the Costco or A-plan price?
    Good question. Wish I knew. Guess I'll find out.
    Volvo is sending the dealer new invoices for the cars.
    The A-plan price will be adjusted accordingly.
This discussion has been closed.