Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    but it also gives a number to call.

And if that's the case the only other option would be the dealer.
  • seabyrdseabyrd Member Posts: 32
    Yes..
    I have the same damned annoying wiper click on the drivers side ... sounds like its hitting the frame on the top.. I haven't taken it to the shop yet.. keep forgetting when its not raining... It does need to be solved.. I know they can be bent slightly and maybe it wouldn't go so far over.. I don't know .. Glad you get good gas mileage I only get 12-13 on the highway running about 80mpg.. not too pleased with that.. get better (19-22) in our S600 Mercedes at 100mph.. seems strange to me??? Let me hear if you get a fix.. thanks.. Diane
  • normynormy Member Posts: 17
    I do not know if other Tahoe owners experience this. But when I tried to block out certain XM channels (ie, Latin) it does not seem to block it out. There is a feature to block out XM bands but when I go "back" it seems that they are still in the XM line up. Anybody experience this?

Also, I bought my '07 Tahoe in March 06 and LOVE IT. I am getting better gas mileage than my '99 6 Cyl explorer. No major issues yet. But some of the software quirks is starting to bug me. Such as in the Owners Manual, it show a completely different screen interface.

Does the Chevy/GM dealer download software to the NAVunit to address such issues? Or, do they replace the unit competely?
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I spent about 30 minutes looking at it today - it is not hitting the frame - I can run the wipers and stick my fingers on the windshield at the edge of the glass - the wiper does not touch my finger - so it has at least an inch of clearance.

I am 99% sure it is the plastic clip right where the wiper arm attaches to the blade making the click -

Its hard to understand why someone has not started selling a replacement by now - how many GM trucks & SUVs get sold in a year - maybe a million? Must be some due for a wiper change by now.

I almost took a dremel to it - but am afraid it will weaken it so it breaks - during a heavy rain while going 75 MPH.
  • davemecdavemec Member Posts: 6
    I tried to remove XM categories too, but they never go away. Asked the dealer to look at it and they couldn't find anything to fix it or even to be able to say that it's a problem. In my opinion these nav units are a piece of crap for the money they charge for them. I've also read on another forum that they started to put a different model of nav units in the newer built Tahoes that fix some of the many software issues that they can't seem to fix on the old ones. GM should find a way to fix the older units or replace them all.
    seabyrd

I found a wiper blade that works on the 2007 Tahoe -

Its the Michelin Optimum available at Target - they cost $15.99 each plus tax but there is a $10 rebate available here.

http://www.michelinwiperblade.com/MichTargetRbt.pdf

BUT YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL -

1. I looked at these blades a few weeks ago - the application book said they would work with a 2007 Tahoe - but I could not figure out how they would attach - went back today and SOME of the 22 inch blades have an additional part that is needed to attach the blade to a Tahoe - but some do not - I think Michelin must have added the part in the last month - so if you buy these make sure it has the extra little plastic thingy you need. The store I went to had four 22 inch blades in stock - 2 had the part two did not.

2. It is a little tricky getting them on - more difficult than the OEM blade - the plastic thingy seems sort of flimsy - if you force it - I am sure it would break & you need to make sure the little clips on each side POP out.

I tested it with the garden hose - and the CLICK is gone. Well worth the $ to me.

As far as your poor MPG - if you are going 70 MPH on a flat road with the cruise control on - what is your instant MPG reading - mine floats between 16 and 21 but is mostly in the 18-20 range.
  • gfraigungfraigun Member Posts: 70
    Will you tell us, or post a link to that other forum discussing the different NAV unit?

"I tried to remove XM categories too, but they never go away. Asked the dealer to look at it and they couldn't find anything to fix it or even to be able to say that it's a problem. In my opinion these nav units are a piece of crap for the money they charge for them. I've also read on another forum that they started to put a different model of nav units in the newer built Tahoes that fix some of the many software issues that they can't seem to fix on the old ones. GM should find a way to fix the older units or replace them all. "
  • jjmjgnxjjmjgnx Member Posts: 34
    I found this post #1722 and had the same thing happen to me yesterday. 20,000 miles it. I had 1st and 2nd gear left after that metal parts fell to the bottom of the transfer case. That's what it sounded like.

Dealer said it was a total transmission failure and that the forward crankcase, I believe, was not installed correctly at the factory. They are putting in a brand new transmission.

Really sucks. Got a small '08 Impala as a rental. I miss my large Tahoe. :cry:
    I agree on the replacement. I read an outline of the newer ones and the interface is a little more sexier (software GUI lingo). I am wondering if we fight hard enough that it could be replaced. I have 28K miles on it........... better do it before it turns 36K and hit the warrenty experation date.
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    Cohiba said: Got a small '08 Impala as a rental
  • davemecdavemec Member Posts: 6
    I've tried to have mine fixed/replaced, but they say there is nothing wrong with it. Does anyone with a newer Tahoe have these same issues?
  • tom213tom213 Member Posts: 49
    I purchased my 2007 Z71 in March 2007 (Vehicle manufactured in Feb 2007) and like I said in previous posts, the nav system display is really sucks, compared to a TomTom or Garmin Nav systems displays. Is this what you are all talking about?? Do the new versions on the GM Nav systems have a better display?? Will the yearly map software updates update the display maybe??? Since I will be eligible for my first update in March 2008, I'm hoping that will change things. I hope they just maybe gave me an old (old) software disc because it is really out of date (many newer roads missing, old POI's, etc.).
    Thanks for letting us know what website. I don't think anyone would complain if you put a post link, but if you don't want to I understand. At least would you give us the post subject so we easily search for the post.
    Oh no, the '08 Impala was my loaner. Got my Tahoe back today already. Only 2 days for the new tranny. Runs great so far. Time will tell. Love my dealership though. Great customer service.
  • 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Just curious. If you disliked the Nav display so much, why did you get it? Why not just get a Garmin?

BTW, GM is discontinuing the two free nav disk updates with the 2008s.
    I already had a TomTom 910 when I bought the Tahoe. I use the it when we use my wife's car and when we get a rental car when we fly to L.A. to visit our son and family and/or travel on business. I didn't by the Tahoe for just for the Nav system, but I thought having a built-in would be really nice. If they had the same vehicle without it, that would have been just fine. There are benefits to the built-in too. The "stick roads" display/resolution is all I really have heartburn with and maybe the outdated maps and POIs too. Those, I hope, will be resolved with the next update.

That's pretty poor that GM is not offering the 2 year updates on the 2008s, if that is true. I just had mine in for it's first oil change several weeks ago and I thought for sure that the 2008 model on the showroom floor said it came with the 2 updates. Are you sure about that??
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    We've got the same annoying click on our 07 Suburban, funny thing is that it wasn't on our 07 Tahoe. Bought the Tahoe in Mar of 2006, needed the bigger 'Burb and traded the Tahoe in for an 07 'Burb in Sept 2007. I plan on having the dealer look at it when I bring it in for service. I purchased replacement wiper blades at AutoZone about 2 months ago. They had the same OEM style for about $20 and the old wiper style for about $10. The old style came with an adaptor clip for the wiper arms. Installed easy and worked great. Check your local auto parts store.

Tom
  • sportfish1sportfish1 Member Posts: 14
    Hey Tom, Could you tell me what part of the country your in? I'm in the Minneapolis area and today we got our first taste of snow. I bought an 07 Tahoe LT in July and had been very happy with it until I drove today. The wiper blades on this thing SUCK to say the least. I went and called several places and got the same answer from all of them. They don't have a winter blade for this vehicle yet. How could GM drop the ball like this? I can't believe that they wouldn't be on top of this issue immediately. I agree with another member who posted a statement of something like GM could be setting them selves up for a huge lawsuit. You pay in the upper 40's Large for a truck that won't even remove snow. Anyway, I was just wondering if it would be worth my while to check an AutoZone here for some? Or is this just an isolated feat of luck on your part in that they just happened to have them in your area. Thanks for any feedback you or anyone else can give.

Mark
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    Mark,

Unfortunately I'm in Florida so they don't stock winter blades at our auto parts stores. I just went into AutoZone, used their little computer in the wiper aisle and it told me which wipers would fit. There were 2 as I think I noted earlier. I used to live in Cleveland and rarely actually bought winter baldes for my cars. I agree they should be available, but if there isn't a market for them you can't force a manufacturer to produce them. I think the earlier lawsuit posts were when there weren't any aftermarket blades available, you had to purchase from the dealer for something like $20-$30 each. Good luck and I hope you find some suitable replacements.

Tom
    Has anyone noticed that when they are stopped and the switch to 4WD, do any of you feel a slight bump when things are engaging? I had a new tranny put in and of course and thing I feel or hear I wonder about it. It's ever so slight when I switch to both 4WD and 2WD. I think it's normal and flet it before. Obvisiously, something has to engage and disengage when you make the switch, I just can't remember if it was noticable. :confuse:
    I can tell you with the 2007's being nearly 2 years on the road there is a lawsuit here in California for defects and other problems with the 2007's that haven't been fixed in the almost 2 years since they've been released. I'm sure people in other states will follow this path if the problems don't get fixed. GM is ignoring most of the problems with these tructs.... Here's the information page for this lawsuit..... http://www.wcclaw.com/CM/ClassActions/ChevyTruck.asp

You Message ... "Hey Tom, Could you tell me what part of the country your in? I'm in the Minneapolis area and today we got our first taste of snow. I bought an 07 Tahoe LT in July and had been very happy with it until I drove today. The wiper blades on this thing SUCK to say the least. I went and called several places and got the same answer from all of them. They don't have a winter blade for this vehicle yet. How could GM drop the ball like this? I can't believe that they wouldn't be on top of this issue immediately. I agree with another member who posted a statement of something like GM could be setting them selves up for a huge lawsuit. You pay in the upper 40's Large for a truck that won't even remove snow. Anyway, I was just wondering if it would be worth my while to check an AutoZone here for some? Or is this just an isolated feat of luck on your part in that they just happened to have them in your area. Thanks for any feedback you or anyone else can give. "
    While I agree that the stock blades are almost useless in snow/ice, I found that they are very good in rain. Mine are 19 mo old (I did just replace the rear) and still going strong which is a record. I do clean them religiously each time I wash the truck tho. When I do replace them, I believe I can transfer the attachment to an Anco/Trico winterblade.
    This is normal. Funny, we had a storm this weekend and went into 4 wheel drive. When turning the knob from 2WD to 4WD, the thump you hear is the hubs locking place in the front wheels. Up into the early '80s, you had to get out of your car and turn the hubs by a turn switch. Today, turning the hubs are now electric.

NRC
  • saratogalakesaratogalake Member Posts: 19
    Greetings, I complained about the wipers when I took delivery of my '07 Tahoe in June 2006. I now have 45,000 miles on the car and they still SUCK...I managed to get the name of the sub-contractor who makes them for GM and complained.. I told them they must have not tested them in winter weather and I couldn't understand why they won't make a winter version.. They asked me which model Tahoe I had and said I should use the heated windshield washer option to clear the ice from the wipers!! What a BOZO... My other complaint is the lack of a working read window spoiler to keep the glass clean in snowy weather..We had our first snow of the season yesterday (4" of wet, frozen mess) and my rear window is so caked with road salt and sand, I can't see a thing.. Even after washing the rear and using the wiper.. In less than a minute, i's totally covered again..Looks like another interesing winter ahead.. I parked my other ride for the season.. a 2007 Porsche Targe 4.. Wish I lived in Florida...

Steve in Saratoga Lake, NY :
  • speleonectes2speleonectes2 Member Posts: 1
    I bought some new headlight bulbs for my 07 Suburban and cannot get the headlight assembly out of the vehicle. The owners manual refers me to the dealer. Does anyone know how to change the bulbs?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Put some snow tires on the Targa 4. All wheel drive, man, that's what I'd be driving! ;)
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    1. Remove the 2 forward wheelhouse liner screws in order to access the hidden lower headlamp bolt.
    2. Open the hood
    3. Remove the upper fascia bolts
    4. Remove the lower rear fascia bolt from the support bracket.
    5. Loosen the 2 fascia to fender bolts from behind the wheelhouse liner.
    6. Pull the outboard end of the front fascia straight outboard until it disengages from the fender attachment bracket.
    7. Pull the fascia forward and downward to allow enough clearance to remove the headlamp assembly.
    8. Remove the 2 upper headlamp bolts
    9. Grasp the headlamp at the upper inboard and lower outboard side and pull the headlamp forward to disengage the locating pins from the fender panel.
    10. Pull the outboard side of the headlamp forward until the locating pin is disengaged from the radiator support.
    11. Disconnect the electrical harness connector.

(and you wondered why you couldn't figure it out!!!!)

Factory service manuals are worth their weight in gold, on stuff like this.
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    All that just to change a lightbulb? What a PITA!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks consumers who drive large SUVs. Please send your daytime contact information to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 14, 2007.
  • sportfish1sportfish1 Member Posts: 14
    Hey All, I did some more searching and found out that Trico now has replacement wiper blades for the 07 Tahoe's that fit the new attachment. It's a NeoForm 16-2213. They are ridiculous in price though. Like $23.99 each but I had to do something. So I got a set and so far they have proven to be a hell of a lot better than the original's. This past Wednesday night my cell phone rang and it was a gal by the name of Kim from Valeo Electrical Systems Inc. the mfg. of the original blades. I had tried to reach her a few days back but was only able to leave a VM. She was surprised to hear about my findings and offered to send me a new set for me to try again. The price was right (FREE) so I agreed. I've not seen them yet but will give them another try to see if they have improved or not. Guess she wants me to test them out as she said she would stay in touch with me to get further feed back. It's very nice to see that there are still some company's out there that still take pride in the quality of their products. We'll see how they compare to the Trico's once they arrive.

Mark
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    "The site says they don't carry one for 2007 Chevys. "

I double checked and it appears that they do and free shipping till December 31st.

2007 Tahoe Silblade

BTW, the SS2000 works great on extending the life of your weather stripping.
  • nflguynflguy Member Posts: 90
    We bought a 2007 Tahoe LT3 with black leather interior.

I have noticed lots of sqeeky noises and rattles coming from inside the cabin. You can also hear air turbulance pretty loudly on the drivers side when traveling 50+.

The dealer has worked on our Tahoe twice already with no success. Anyone else go through this??
    I had a nasty rattle in the vicinity of the 3rd row seat. It was the HVAC duct work or wiring bundles (don't know which) in the headliner. Dealer jammed foam packing material through dome light opening and the rattle stopped.

Tom S.
  • jocatchjocatch Member Posts: 4
    My Tahoe has 30,000 miles on it and the tires are woren and need to be replaced. I don't drive like a hot rodder yet they are down to the warning bars already. They are the Bridgestone factory tires.

I am looking at Michelin XT or Cross Terrain or Goodyear Fortera TripleTred. The Goodyears according to the reviews are great in the rain which is what I am looking for but are over $850. The XT and Cross Terrain are cheaper I think but don't know how well they are in the rain.

Anyone replaced their 2007 Tahoe tires and if so did you find a good brand model tire?

Joe C.

P.S. Forgot to tell you, they are P265 70R17
  • drschwamdrschwam Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    yesterday I turned the wipers on to remove snow/ice and only the driver side moved
    the other side seems to be free floating, it moves an inch or so but I can move it with my hand when wipers are off, can't do that on the driver side. what broke and is it easy to fix. leaving tommorow morning thru the rain and snow
    help , is there just a nut/bolt/screw etc to tighten
    thanks
    Drschwam
    You don't say what year you have, but normally there is a rod going across. It would connect with a clamplike bracket, over a ball. As the motor makes a revolution around, that rod moves back and forth, making the windshield wiper move back and forth.

It either came loose, or something broke on one of the ends. Could be the end that connects at the base of the passenger side wiper, or could be the end that connects to the motor/drivers wiper.

Open the hood, and take off the cover at the base of the windshield to see where it is disconnected.
    thanks 2006 is the year
    I will see if I am talented enough to do this:-)
    does the cover cover both wiper rod/motors ?
    steve
    2006....I'd get it to the dealer as a warranty fix.

For my 97, the wiper motor was on the inside of the firewall, with the motor bracket connections to the wipers underneath that mesh cover under the windshield. In my 2007, the motor moved to underneath the windshield mesh cover.

Either way, all the connectors are underneath that mesh cover area directly underneath the front windshield. If you look for where the windshield wipers are attached (and pivot back and forth), you'll see where you need to get to.
    It might just be where the wiper arm connects to the shaft. Not sure about the 2007 but there's usually a nut that holds the wiper arm on a splined shaft.
  • nflguynflguy Member Posts: 90
    So nobody else has had a problem with rattle noises coming from the doors or wind noise on drivers side?
    Nope, I have a 2007 LTZ with none of the problems you reference.
    I've seen posts in other forums discussing wind noise and rattles. Most were resolved by dealer service depts. Might even be a TSB on it.
    Thannks
    That is exactly what it was, took two min to fix
    I had called a chevy dealer this am and they said they could look at it at around 11 to 12 and maybe get it fixed today. we were leaving one home to go home to another over the mountains/snow/rain and needed to be gone by twelve
    decidd to try another dealer, he said , try tightening the nut under the black cap , this happens all the time in this climate. viola , fixed
    thanks for the advice though .
    steve
    Your welcome. Glad you got it fixed. ;)
    Michelin now has wiper blades that fit the 2007 Tahoe -

The Optima (at Target) and the Radius (at Wal-Mart)

Both places charge around $15 each.

They are the exact same blade - its just the name is different.

I bought a set for the Tahoe (22 inch) and liked them so much that I also bought a pair for my daughters car.

Just look in the package before you buy - make sure it has the new style connector inside -

A few weeks ago the Michelin Radius blades at Wal-Mart did not have the connector - but now they do.
    Do you have it in AWD - All Wheel Drive Setting? . I would suggest 2WD at all times unless the weather deems it necessary such as heavy rains or snow (4WD). All cars that are AWD, are known to have faster tread wear. So, 30K is about accurate if you leave in AWD gear at all times.

If not in AWD, I have close to 30K myself and they are fine. But I do rotate them every other oil change. I ahbe it in 2WD at all times - plus, this will give better gas mileage.

Hope this helps...
  • abe86abe86 Member Posts: 1
    can you confirm if this is also true for the 07 avalanche? i was quoted $110 for the removal, painting and re instalation of the chevy bowties. seems a bit steep seeing that its just plastic being painted black. is the gold part of the rear bowtie only held on by tape? and any idea about the front as well?
  • seabyrdseabyrd Member Posts: 32
    I finally took my 2007 Z71 4X4 Suburban into the dealer to complain about the crappy wipers and annoying click of the wiper on the drivers side.. I have 15,000 + miles on it and he said its out of warranty.. I bitched that its been that way from day one and many many people have the same problem.. I told him the clicking was driving me nuts.. and surely there was a recall and if there wasn't there should be !!
    He got online and sure enough there is a "bulletin" on it... "if the customer complains ..replace the entire wiper arm blade and all". He had to order it because supposedly its different from the original one (thank goodness) I don't have it yet.. should get it Monday or Tuesday..
    I'll let you know how they are..
    Now.. wouldn't you think that would be a recall rather than a bulletin.. I can't imagine the money GM saves every year with bulletins versus recalls..
    kinda sickening.. makes you wonder what you need to check out yourself..
    Can't confirm but they probably are.
This discussion has been closed.