Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    Curious how a 2007 w/ less than 36K mi could be out of warranty.
  • sportfish1sportfish1 Member Posts: 14
    I'd like to know the answer to that also????? :confuse:
  • seabyrdseabyrd Member Posts: 32
    The service man said the wipers are only covered for 15,000 miles (certain components)? I didn't question him because I was going to make him find a recall.. (that turned out to be a bulletin)
    I would have raised hell if hadn't come up with something !!! But this so called fix will be free.. we'll see if the CLICK is gone !! Can't wait..
    I could understand that the rubber refill wouldn't be covered under warranty but that's not the problem.
  • 4burb4burb Member Posts: 55
    Can't confirm the Av but can tell you my experience with the 07 Sub. I paid $100 to have both front and rear removed, painted and reapplied. Not sure about the gold vs chrome on the rear because I removed and painted both. There are two holes when gold and chrome are removed so the bowtie can be lined up when applied, I would assume the same with the Av. On the front there are also holes when removed as well as stems that go through the grill and attach with nuts on the inside. Not sure if it was worth the money but every time I see it I am pleased with the look of the vehicle. Have been approached several times with questions from others regarding the process.
  • rgrahamergrahame Member Posts: 4
    What part of the stock bowtie emblem needs to be painted or is the painting for customizing purposes. I didn't think that a replacement emblem would require any painting. My rear emblem is pretty bad (gold part is blistered) and needs to be replaced. 07 Avy.
  • 4burb4burb Member Posts: 55
    Painted mine because I wanted to for the look, didn't need it. If yours is blistering I would ask about it possibly being under warranty.
  • seabyrdseabyrd Member Posts: 32
    Well... went into the shop on Tuesday...30 minutes later I have complete new wipers both sides.. you wouldn't believe the difference... NO more clicking and they are steak free and super quiet.. now after the fact I can't imagine why I waited so long.. Go for it guys.. It's wonderful !!!! FREE too.......
    And if you clean the rubber element each time you wash the truck, they'll last well over a year. My are 19 months and still going strong, no streaks.

Just make sure you latch them good when you reinstall after cleaning.
  • geena1geena1 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone experienced this problem? I have had several Denalis. This is the 4th actually. I had a 2005, 2 2006's and I just bought this 2007 3 months ago. I was closing my front driver door and my daughter was getting in the back seat and she was opening her door and the door molding hit. Now there is a dent on the front door under the molding. I took it to the dealer and the service manager said that they had heard of this problem before and that GM doesn't warranty it??? That I would need to contact GM Cust Service. I called them and they called the dealer and the dealer told them to have me bring the truck up there for them to look at??? So now I will be going back to the dealer again and hopefully they will fix it...

HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE???
  • hardin_thickehardin_thicke Member Posts: 35
    I just crossed the 27,000 mile mark with my my 07, and its Wranglers still have lots and lots of tread on them.
  • tom213tom213 Member Posts: 49
    If I'm picturing correctly what you are saying, it sounds like there might be a design flaw. Tahoes have an indented area in the rear door molding to prevent them from touching. It could also have something to do with the hinge alignment; maybe the wind could have caused the door to open one time, hard and mess up alignment. That happened to a Pontiac Grand Am we once owned and we had to take it to a body shop for them to work their magic.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Do you mean the thing that holds the rubber part of wiper blade?

I never mess around replacing just the rubber part anymore - still have the old GM blades - but -

Putting Michelin blades on solved my problem - not worth messing with a trip to the dealer if its just a wiper replacement - but if its the complete arm (part that is bolted on to the vehicle) it may be worth the trouble.
  • gfraigungfraigun Member Posts: 70
    Hey Everyone,

Just got my first chance to use Ethanol. I only had half a tank of ethanol (didn't notice the station had it at first). Anyways, I liked the way it worked. It was a little higher in price than I exprected, but I also didn't notice a big drop in MPG as I expected. Basically from LA to Las Vegas I got about 17.5MPG on regular unleaded and on the return trip from Vegas to LA I got about 17MPG with half a tank of E85. I would normally attribute the .5MPG drop to the way I am driving home vs. to Vegas (kinda crazy on the way home with getting around slower traffic).

So, now I'm just waiting for some ethanol to come up locally to me in Los Angeles.

G
  • brian502brian502 Member Posts: 1
    I spoke to GM customer service today 12/27 and they said that the whistle was normal and the service bullitian # pip 3086A says do not fix .any others with this problem or do have the only whistleing chevrolet subn made if so im going to be on tv .
    brian
    Did you get E10 or E85? E85 will knock mpg down about 20-25%. Ethanol has about 25-30% less energy than gasoline.
    It was E85, and I expected about a 20% drop, but I didn't get it, it didn't seem to drop at all.
  • rhame13rhame13 Member Posts: 23
    i have an 07 Denali and this happened to me several months ago. Front drivers door caught the front quarter panel and scraped the paint off. Dealer told me that the door had become misaligned and that it happens from time to time. They repainted it and realigned the door and I have had no other problems. :shades:
  • tripwiretripwire Member Posts: 10
    Brian,

YES!! I have an 07 Tahoe and the GM doc# is 1974648. It was labeled as "Power steering high pitched whistle noise heard in any gear with vehicle warm" #06-02-32-010A Dated 5/22/07.

No fix available at this time.

The cause is internal to the steering gear. Engineering is currently investigating the cause of this noise and working to develop a correction.

I called GM and was real pissed about this. Call them up and complain, I got a year of free maint. out of them. The sound is driving me nuts, all the dealer could tell me is to turn the radio up.

Dave
  • shawnhackettshawnhackett Member Posts: 16
    Dave & Brian,

Keep trying with your dealer. My dealer in Nashville, TN, Jim Reed Chevrolet, did the right thing and replaced the steering gear mechanism, and that DID FIX THE PROBLEM!

GM must not want to admit it will fix it. Otherwise it will cost them millions to recall all the vehicles with the same mechanism and replace it.

I know what the bulletin says. My dealer showed it to me too. But I convinced them to replace it anyway, and they did, and it worked!

So tell your service managers to call the service manager at Jim Reed Chevrolet in Nashville, TN.

But what has been getting me since about 6k miles is that my brakes squeal at slow rolling and barely applying the brakes (like you would in slow traffic). It drives me absolutely nuts, but the dealer won't fix that. They say it's a maintenance issue. So I have a service station replace the pads for me every 5k miles and that solves the problem temporarily.

Now with 37k miles (and out of warranty), the brakes are the only problem I have with the vehicle. I'll be checking out the new Sequoias in a year or so.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We've tweaked the title to make sure new 2008 owners feel welcome to join it. Let us know if you prefer 2007-2008 or something else.
  • yukon7yukon7 Member Posts: 7
    What did GMC come back with regardint the Recycle issue? I took mine in to GMC here in Houston, and they told me that it is suppose to let some outside air. I think its BS, becuase I never smell the persons exhaust in front of me in any other car that I drive, including my wifes Honda Accord. Anyone out there have this problem??
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    By industry code, the HVAC unit needs to allow a minimum of 15% fresh air even under recycle mode. That's just to ensure you don't run out of oxygen with a car full of "heavy" breathers.
    That weird, because I turn my Recycle on when I start smelling exhaust from the outside and the smell goes away. Maybe you compressor isn't going on when you hit the recycle button, because I've always had the impression that having the air going through the compressor removes some of the inpurities from the outside. I may be wrong though...
    Hey, does anyone know if it is bad to keep a Tahoe in towing mode all the time? I read something on a message board about it helping the car get into and staying in V4 mode, and I've been testing it and I seem to be getting .5mpg to 1mpg better performance with towing mode always on.. Any input from anyone?
    About the only way the A/C is going to remove impurities is if the evaporator is wet, which it usually is in the summer during high humidity conditions, and there is a lot of particulate matter (dust) in the air.
  • jboaterjboater Member Posts: 199
    I had same brake squeal problem on my Corvette. Some repeated HARD braking solved the problem. With new pads you may want to review this post and maybe give the break-in process a try.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/bedbrakes.html
  • sffullmoonsffullmoon Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2007 Yukon (purchased 9/06) with factory installed remote start. Until recently the car would respond to the keyfob from about 100 ft. Now it will only respond when you are within 5 ft of the car. This happens with both keyfobs. I have replaced the keyfob battery (which the manual says should last 4 years) but have gotten no improvement. This kind of makes having remote start useless if I have to go out in the cold to make it work.

Any ideas?
    Have you tried starting the car in different locations; work, home, shopping mall? If you Tahoe is sitting in a strong RF field caused by other devices, it can "confuse" the on board receiver.
  • jerrycispjerrycisp Member Posts: 1
    just got lower grille for my sons 2007 yukon. Instructions are poor and we are not handy. It is the bolt on grille. Any suggestions? It would appear we have to remove the entire lower license plate plastic?? Then does it go back on? Thanks for any help. We are mechanically challanged!!
  • sffullmoonsffullmoon Member Posts: 7
    I have heard of that but it's been happening all the way as I drive cross country.
  • texaspilottexaspilot Member Posts: 13
    I just did roundtrip from Austin-Montana over holidays, with my 08 LT3 and averaged 19.5MPG at 80~MPH using 85 octane typical. I had one tank of E85 ethanol in Colorado, and only got 17.5MPG on that tank. Price was about 20 cents lower, but I also thought the preformance lagged a bit on the ethanol vs regular.
  • sportfish1sportfish1 Member Posts: 14
    Holy Hanna, What engine do you have? The best I've seen in my 07 Tahoe is 18 at 70mph. Do you have the engine that kicks down to 4 cylenders?
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    The 2007 Yukon Remote Control Start Antenna and assembly is located at the Driver side rear D-piler near the tailgate behind the interior molding. You may want to check the connections there...
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    My 2007 Z-71 4x4 Tahoe is used mostly for longer trips - this is my 3rd Tahoe - also owned a 1998 and a 2006 -

One of the things I liked the most about the having a Tahoe on a long trip is the confidence it gives me when the weather turns ugly.

Yesterday I was on such a trip - had to drive for 3 hours in a pretty good rain storm -which at times was a complete downpour.

I wish the wipers had a faster setting - at times they would not clear the windshield.

But my questions are -

The side windows seem to become very hard to see out of - its like the rain water builds up on them during heavy rain - my other Tahoe never - no matter how hard it was raining had this problem - I was driving 60-65 MPH - at times I it was so bad I could not even see the side view mirror.

I can hear water dripping - not sure exactly where the sound is coming from - but its like the water building up on the side windows is dripping down inside the door - no leaks or anything - just the annoying sound of water dripping - very strange to hear this at 60+ MPH -

The rear window wiper needs to be on all the time to keep the rear window clear - its always covered with rain - even after the rain has stopped and the road is just wet - the window still becomes covered with junk.

I drove my 2006 Tahoe for 50,000 miles and rarely used the rear windshield wiper - my 1998 Tahoe did not even have a rear wiper and I do not ever recall having a problem seeing out the back window.

I put a bug/stone deflector on the hood - I do not think that should make any difference - but maybe it does.
    Rain-X is your friend. Recommend using on all four sides.

If it was raining so hard that your wipers weren't clearing the W/S, then it's time to put 'er on the shoulder and stop.
    Can someone advice where I can find either GM or after market Transmission oil pan (and front and rear axle covers) for the 2007 Yukon Denali (6.2 Engine) specifically with an oil drain plug build-in to the pan/cover?
  • stinkygmcstinkygmc Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had any of these problems with their 07 Yukon/Tahoe? The radio makes a loud popping noise intermittently, The doors will intermittently unlock themselves, The XM source on the radio display will completely disappear as if the radio does not even have an XM function, and the biggest problem is that there is a clunk that comes from the rear end after I stop. Sometimes it happens immediately, sometimes several seconds after I stop. Seems that something is binding up when I stop and then releases as the brake pressure is released. I took this to the dealer and of course they could not find any electrical problems and told me the rear end noise was normal (BULL).
  • stinkygmcstinkygmc Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever get a resolution to the problem with the "zap" sound? I have had this problem with my Yukon since new and the dealer acts like he has never heard of this problem. Of course, the very day I picked it up from the dealer, it made the noise.
    I think the nicest ones out there are the Mag-Hytec covers. I used them all over on my Dodge Ram Turbodiesel. Beside being functional, they are nice to look at and beautifully made. They make a large assortment of pan and differential covers, and all use O-rings eliminating the need for RTV goop. Expensive...but you get what you pay for.
  • steve666666steve666666 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 Yukon. At about 20,000 miles the rotors were warped, noticed by pulsating when you come to a stop and actually shimming dangerously when brakes were applied at high speed, coming down and around a Interstate curve. Had 115,000 miles on my '01 Yukon and never a brake problem. Now at 44,000 miles the dealer says the rotors are warped again. Know it is not my driving habits, been driving too long. Has anyone had a problem. I'm getting ready to contact GM, this should not be a problem.
    I have 28,0000 on my 2007 mine, and I'm getting the pulsing in the brakes too. I also think they are warped. I've seen on other Tahoe reflector where other are experiencing the same thing. I've had problems in the past with the rotors that GM uses. I had a 2000 Impala that was plagued with rotor warppage. This time I'm though, I'm trashing the entire front system, and going with better calipers, and slotted rotors. I did this to my Dodge Turbodiesel, and the difference was remarkable.
  • nkuipernkuiper Member Posts: 2
    would anyone know where to hook up the trailer power wire and the brake wire? In the manual it tells you to hook them up in the fuse panel but not to what fuses. I don't see any fuses marked trailer. Ours is an 07 Suburban LT2 4X4 with the trailer package.
    Thanks, Nico
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    would anyone know where to hook up the trailer power wire and the brake wire?
    I have an '06 Suburban 4x4 with trailer package and my vehicle came with a wiring "pigtail" for the trailer power and brakes. It attaches at the rear near the hitch. No need to go the fuse panel....at least with the '06 models.
    Although, mine is a 2007 Yukon, likewise with rockman59, also came with a towing package with wiring and connector available next to the factory installed hitch.

If your trailer wires must be connected to the fuse panel, you may want to refer to your 07 Owner Manual, Section titled "Instrument Panel Fuse Block"... For continous power, try the fuse slot marked [AUX PRW]; if you need the exact fuse for the Brake Lights only, there is a slot marked [STOP LAMPS]... For my 07 Yukon Denali, the information is shown on page #538 and #539...

Just my opinion, connecting these wires, say from the rear bumper to the fuse panel under the front dashboard will take quite some time and effort. Can you splice these wires to the rear 12V Power Outlet for continued power supply and the brake wire to the brake-light assembly in the rear as they are fuse protected... Hope I did not mis-understand what you are trying to do... [non-permissible content removed] Luck!
    After reading you message I decided to not use my read wiper on my 2007 tahoe. While I prefer using the wiper I had no problems seeing out of the window without using the wiper, and I was weather from very very light to not quite heavy rain. But I definately prefer having the rear wipers on.

The only other problem with visibility I've had has been with the windows fogging up, but just turning the defogger on takes care of the front and side windows.

As far as the dripping down. I noticed while washing my tahoe that there are channels in the door jam from the roof down to the base of the door that water flows through. That's probably where you're hearing the dripping from.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    When you talk about power and brake, you are referring to a standalone 12V power, to drive accessories in the trailer, correct? If so, you should decide whether you want to hook that to the standard vehicle battery, or attach it to a separate (addn'l) 12v battery.

For brake wire, are you referring to an electrical trailer brake that is applied with a separate actuator, right?
  • tony20fantony20fan Member Posts: 30
    I never did get a resolution. It has happened a few more times, but everything always comes back on after I turn the car off and wait a few minutes and turn it back on. I haven't taken it to the dealer because I don't think they'll be able to do anything about it unless it happens when it's there. It seems like too much of a hassle to try to explain it all and have them say there's nothing they can do. Sorry I can't help you more.
  • tony20fantony20fan Member Posts: 30
    I have had the problem of the XM option disappearing from the Nav screen. After I turn off the car, it comes back. Weird. I haven't had any of the other problems. The clunking noise shouldn't be there. My sunroof rattles when open - an annoying problem. My Service 4 Wheel Drive notice comes on when it's in 4 wheel (when I really need it to be functioning) but I still seem to have all four wheels driving. Anyone had this? After I turn the vehicle off, the message goes away, only to say to service again after about 15 minutes in 4 wheel again. That stinks!!
  • nkuipernkuiper Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for not being clear enough. I do have the big plug at the back and the tail, signal and brake lights do work from the factory. However the auxilary power and the brake controller are not hooked up. The wires are in the plug just not live. I need to tow a car trailer and would use the aux power to charge the trailer mounted battery for the winch. The trailer does have surge brakes but I would like to add the controller at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.