Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• mayhermayher Member Posts: 41
    Thank you Diane, that would be great. I have an appt set for Weds for some other minor issues. I would love to have that information by then. Thanks for your help

Paul
  • seabyrdseabyrd Member Posts: 32
    Hi.. This is Diane.. I will call my dealer and ask exactly what the "bullitin was and post it for you.. My be Monday before I find out.
    Diane
  • sportfish1sportfish1 Member Posts: 14
    If you would like to get a new pair, send me your e-mail address. I have the phone number of the rep of the company who makes these things. I complained enough that she sent me a new pair of a modified version they are now using. Haven't put them on yet but they look pretty good. Or if you want to try and reach her on your own you can contact VALEO Electrical Systems Inc. 3000 University Drive, Auburn Hills, MI. 48326-2356. It did take approx 2 months to get them but I finally did.
    Mark
  • tommy42tommy42 Member Posts: 70
    Go to chevy web site look under accessories.There is one listed.
  • blueburbmomblueburbmom Member Posts: 2
    Thanks tommy42 - it's looks a bit clunky and hard to move around if needed. Has anyone used this thing? It doesn't look like it collaspes.
  • blueburbmomblueburbmom Member Posts: 2
    My '08 suburban will be here next week and I need something to haul the groceries and "stuff" in so it doesn't roll around anywhere. I had ordered the cargo net, only to learn once it arrived, that it is does not work with the power lift gate. What to do?
  • gfraigungfraigun Member Posts: 70
    Hey, does anyone know how to visually tell the difference between the '07s and '08s? I'm just curious to know when I'm driving down the street what year I'm looking at and so far I can't tell...
  • 73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    What's the difference between the originals and the new modified ones?
    Hi.. I talked to my service man who replaced my wipers and arms for free.. The Bulletin # for this is..2042545.. Any Chevy dealer can look it up for you. Let me know how it goes.. Mine are fantastic !!
  • katmaykatmay Member Posts: 1
    I have had to replace my gas sensor on my Tahoe 5 times. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if there is a recall?
    OK.. here is the Bulletin # you need. 2042545 . Give that to the service manager and he CAN find it if he looks. Its a total system replacement and they work wonderfully !! Good luck.. Diane
  • mayhermayher Member Posts: 41
    Diane:

Thanks for all your help. I was driving home today in the rain, wondering how GM could have possibly put such a poor system on an otherwise great vehicle. I have an appt. for Weds and will give them the bulletin # you provided. I will let you know how things go. Thanks again. Paul
    Great.. be sure and ask for the service manager if they can't find it.. Good luck Paul.
    Diane
  • chile96chile96 Member Posts: 330
    WE are going to be trading in/selling privately(if tax savings make it feasible) but we ordered an '07 tahoe because we wanted specific options and didn't want to pay for some that other's probably consider necessary.

Basically, we got Nav but didn't get the rear entertainment package as we didn't have any kids. Also, this truck was specifically purchased to help us move from Atlanta - Midland - Dallas - Midland all in about 2 yrs. Now that we're situated in Midland, we don't really need the big SUV to help move nice stuff (paintings, valuables, etc). It has 12K miles which I would say is 80% freeway driving from the aforementioned journeys along with some 4-5 hr road trips to visit the family. Lastly, we specifically did not order a 3rd row seat as we preferred the neatness of having a large cargo bay for reasons described above. And I do not believe it is possible to retrofit a 3rd row seat because there are not any attachment points for the seat. And oh yeah, we 86'd the sunroof as the last thing we need in the Texas heat is another avenue to increase cabin temperature.

Because of our unique desires, this vehicle could only be ordered as an LT but we had the dealer go back and add all the LTZ accessories such as chrome grill, chrome side mirrors, chrome door handles and the 20 polished wheels that are blemish free. I also ordered the GMlockpick where you can watch DVDs in the front screen and enter directions without the car needing to be at a full stop.

The car is white without a blemishes and tan leather throughout and only used 91 octane chevron fuel (even though I know there is no "real" advantage - except that I installed a chip for better performance(to counteract all the EPA restrictions placed on cars - has no probs with smog or inspections). It is also 4wd although that has been only used a couple of times with snowy conditions in Atlanta/Dallas. Absolutely no offroading.

Anyway, sorry for the long description but just trying to make and informed decision on what I should do. The MB dealer offered 28500 on first go around and we haven't attempted to negotiate more yet as we were first wanting to decide on exactly which car we wanted from MB.

If you can suggest a fair price to sell it privately for a fair deal to both parties or better yet a fair trade in price, I would be greatly appreciated. The car has been trouble free but the only reason of getting rid of it as we don't need to haul big stuff anymore (thank GOD!)

TIA
    Have you check Edmunds, Kelley Blue Book, or NADA yet?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I suspect you are going to have a harder time selling it without the 3rd seat, that's one of the major reasons people buy these.....the ability to carry lots of people.

We also use it for long trips, kids laying down across the 2nd (bench) and 3rd seats.

I have seen it used without the third seat for construction purposes with storage in the back, but those are usually LS models without the investment in all the chrome and wheels.

I think a little bit of an oddball set of features for the majority ot those in the market for a large SUV.

I guess someone looking for a nice riding tow vehicle would be a target customer.
    I've checked out the pricing sites but as we all know they don't but the cars for those prices so I'd rather hear actual numbers being used around the states.
  • solosolo Member Posts: 48
    Thanks for your frank discussion of the new Tahoe/Yukon. GM still does NOT get it. I would love to trade my Honda Pilot back to a Tahoe (I've owned 3) but your few points on your gripes bring back typical GM memories. Watch, next year GM will bring back the outdated (and miserable) Disc/drum brake combo to save a buck! Granted, my son still drives my old 1997 Tahoe with over 200,000 miles. But after replacing a trans AND a rear end AND putting up with 11 miles per gallon, for all these years (and I am not going to mention all the warped rotors, electric fuel pumps, water pumps, power steering pumps and A/C compressors gone bad). Go GM, go out of business the sooner the better. Just make sure to give your top brass hundreds of millions of dollars in "executive compensation".
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    chile96 said: And I do not believe it is possible to retrofit a 3rd row seat because there are not any attachment points for the seat.
    I think you can install a 3rd row seat. As I recall GM made all the vehicles, at least prior to '07, 3rd seat capable. Perhaps the anchor slots are under the carpeting where you can't see them. You can buy 3rd seats online....Ebay has plenty of them for around $500. If you order the seat new from GM you are looking at around $2K. If no 3rd seat is going to be a problem in selling....just tell prospective buyers they can find the seats online or buy one yourself and drop it in.
    thanks for the info - i'll look into it to make the car more appealing
  • texaspilottexaspilot Member Posts: 13
    wish I had seen yours 4 months ago! There are lots of folks who do not want the 3rd row seat, BTW. We also did not want and found new 08 LT3 without. Price from a deeler of $28,500 is a good one for 07'; I think you would get about same "privately" at this time if you sold yourself. Good luck!
    On the news today 2007 Tahoe caught fire sitting in the garage.This happened in Keene TX. Also burnt the house down, cause unkown why it caught fire.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Got a link?
    well the dealer has a standing offer of $28,500 for the next couple of weeks. I figure if I could make an extra couple thousand considering the tax advantage to trading it in, I'd go ahead and sell it but it may seem that trading it in is what I'll end up doing. Just breaks my heart to see this truck taken pristine care of over the last two years to end up in an auction somewhere. Well, where ever it ends up, someone's sure is gonna be lucky.

All my best
    Go to Fort Worth Star Teleram .com.It was a Yukon.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
  • murf10murf10 Member Posts: 3
    2007 Denali...Having wiper clicking problem...took the Bulletin #2042545 to service manager and he stated not a bulletin number or something like that...any help would be appreciated.
  • dwaldmandwaldman Member Posts: 2
    how do you change the rear windshield wiper on a 2007 tahoe? thanks
  • rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    how do you change the rear windshield wiper on a 2007 tahoe? thanks

Soooooo true.
    I've done that at Schucks before. If they mess up the blade changing it, I figure they'll grab another one off the shelf and try again. If I mess it up, I'd have to pay, most likely.
    I would've thought that one of the REQUIREMENTS for being a host at Edmunds would've been the ability to change one's wipers without messing it up.

Oh well, learn something new everyday... :shades:

Perhaps Mr Shiftright could hold online classes on basic maintenance and repair. :P
    Heh, the last one I did, the skinny little metal thingys fell out of the rubber part of the wiper refill as I was trying to ease it into the clips. (I'm frugal. I just buy the refills, not the whole wiper arm that you just clip on.)

By the time I moved the strong light over to the kitchen table and found my reading glasses, 10 minutes of my life was gone, just in reassembling it before I even got around to sliding it on the wiper. I actually thought about writing a CarSpace Guide about the process, but after that mess, I gave up the idea. :D
    Ohhh those skinny metal strips? Yeah I've had those fall out too and putting them back together is a chore. One thing I have over you is that I didn't need glasses for the reassembly.

One thing good about writing that guide would be that we could as users of Edmund's direct inquiries such as the original post to that guide cause we all know that typing an explanation for installation of wipers everytime there's an inquiry will never happen. Though I really like the idea of the parts store doing it, I'd be ashamed to ask for help with a wiper and would take it home and struggle with it first. It's a male ego thing I guess for me anyway.
    I got over it - my last Subaru rear glass wiper blade got changed by the woman running the NAPA counter. :D

The problem with changing blades on Tahoes is you need a step ladder to crawl up there and reach them.
  • saratogalakesaratogalake Member Posts: 19
    A friend just picked up his 2008 Tahoe LTZ this week. Not much difference from the 07' except... GM went back to there original style of wipers!! It's about time they listened to the un-happy 07' owners..The entire arm is different.. I understand there is an service bulletin on the wipers.. Anyone have there's replaced yet??

Steve (k2we) saratoga Springs, NY 50,475 miles on my 07' Tahoe..
    Hey Steve, thanks for the info. I'll be checking this out next time I go into the dealer. Even though I did get a new set sent to me from the mfg. of the blades,which I haven't gotten to try out yet, the arms still suck.
    Yes I had mine replaced and they are awesome. They were replaced free under a Service Bulletin. They replaces the entire wiper on both sides.. may have changed them to the old style. I will have to look at an 06 to see. Good Luck if you need them..

Seabyrd. TX
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Do either of you have a copy of the TSB, a reference number, or tell me what problem it addresses?

I have a 2007 Sub, and not aware of a problem with my blades...but would want to be on the lookout.
    I just sent you the information via e-mail. Sorry for the delay but I just saw your request last night. Hope it helps.
    Mark
  • dwaldmandwaldman Member Posts: 2
    could you e-mail me the information on the service bulletin too?

i replaced the blades last month and they were $30 each !!

thanks

doug
    dwald@shreve.net
    Done deal
    Maybe you can upload the TSB as a graphic on your CarSpace page in a photo album there?

Posting email addresses in a public forum is pretty much guaranteed to get you a bunch of spam.

Another alternative would be to mark your email address public in your Profile and that will limit the spam harvesting.
    Steve, I agree with you 100% but I'm not the one posting my e-mail address. But if someone else wants to risk that it's their choice. But I will respond to them with the info I have if they so choose. I don't believ e it would be right of me to post this gals cell phone number on a public forum. I think I have previously posted the Mfg. of the blades on here but if I'm wrong it is,
    VALEO Electrical Systems, Inc.
    Wiper Systems Division
    3000 University Drive
    Auburn Hills, Mi. 48326-2356 Company phone is 1-248-340-3000
    The gals name that I dealt with is Kimberly
  • cging23cging23 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you knew where the placement of the microphones are in a 2007 tahoe. I have a JL Audio CleanSweep hooked up to the factory nav and I am getting a loud popping noise like the speakers are grounding out.. only when the bass is turned up and the doors are closed and the windows are up. I thought it might be the mic's. I just dont know where their location is to disable them.
  • gfraigungfraigun Member Posts: 70
    If you look up from your drivers seat you will see a little plastic piece with holes in it, theres another one right behind the passenger seat both in the ceiling. I believe those are the mics.. not a 100% sure, but I don't know what else they would be..

However, I wouldn't assume the problem is with the Mics. Maybe there is a short in your connection of the audio hook up or something wrong with the device.
  • cging23cging23 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone knew where the placement of the microphones are in a 2007 tahoe. I have a JL Audio CleanSweep hooked up to the factory nav and I am getting a loud popping noise like the speakers are grounding out.. only when the bass is turned up and the doors are closed and the windows are up. I thought it might be the mic's. I just dont know where their location is to disable them.
    The one above the driver is the interior air temp monitor with the little fan inside that some have had a problem with being noisy.

Might be a bad ground connection somewhere or loose connection.
  • 4burb4burb Member Posts: 55
    Has anyone ordered and installed the GM seat covers purchased off gmaccessories or gmpartsdirect? Are you pleased with them? Do they fit tightly? Want to put on 2nd row buckets and 3rd row bench but once your order they cannot be returned and they are costly. Just wanted to check, thanks.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I noticed something about my side view mirrors (2007 Z71 4x4 if that matetrs) and am wondering if it is just my Tahoe or if they are all this way - its no big deal - just curious.

The drivers side mirror has plastic trim all the way around the glass - its about 1/4 of an inch thick -

The passenger side does not have this piece of trim.

Did GM just forget to put the trim on my passenger side mirror - or was it designed this way?
This discussion has been closed.