Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems and Solutions

Comments

• eddief1eddief1 Posts: 13
    I HAVE A HEATER CORE SITUATION THE WINDOW STARTED TO FOG AND GAVE THAT TERRIBLE ODOR OF ANTIFREEZE.I PUT IN A BOTTLE OF (BARS LEAK)WHICH STOPPED THE FOG AND ODOR. THERE WAS NO LEAK INSIDE ON THE FLOOR AND THE HEAT WAS HOT.(NOTE THERE WAS NEVER ANY LEAK INSIDE) THIS WAS NOVEMBER.PRESENTLY THE HEAT IS COLD BUT STILL NO FOG OR SMELL. I WAS TOLD THE JOB IS COSTLY AND TIME CONSUMING.CAN THIS JOB BE COMPLETED BY MYSELF AND A FREIND? AND WHEN THE HEATER CORE IS REMOVED CAN I MAKE A HOMEMAND PANEL FOR FUTURE REPLACMENT POSSIBLY ON THE FIREWALL. CAN ANY ONE GIVE INFO WHO PERFORM THE JOB. THANK YOU
    I HAVE A 1997 F-150 4.6 WITH 125,000 ON THE CLOCK.I HAVE JUST PURCHURSED AN AIRRAID THROTTLE BODY SPACER AND AIR INTAKE SYSTEM. I WAS TOLD THIS WILL INCREASE POWER AND SAVE FUEL. I PUT ON A MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER PRESENTLY. WHICH GAVE THE TRUCK A NICE SOUND.HAS ANYONE PUT THIS SYSTEM ON THERE TRUCK? AND IS IT THAT HARD FOR A DO IT YOURSELFER. ANY FEED BACK
    I AM LOOKING FOR A CAP (POSSIBLY WHITE?) FOR A 1997 F-150 FLEETSIDE EXTENDED CAB. I WAS TOLD 1997-1999 WILL BE THE SAME CAP? I MUST OF LOOKED AT 3-4 CAPS THAT WAS TO SHORT/LONG. I CAN NOT AFFORD THE COST OF A NEW CAP. MY TRUCK IS WHITE BUT IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT AND THE CAP IS CLEAN I WILL HAVE IT PAINTED(PRICES ARE BT $350-500) DEPENDING ON STYLE. I AM LOCATED IN THE BRONX NY. I WILL TRAVEL DEPENDING ON LOCATION.
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    You cannot buy or sell itmes on the edmunds forums, so don't expect any responses offering you a cap for sale.

Also, PLEASE turn off the CAPS lock. All caps is more difficult to read and is generally considered to be yelling online.
    PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

The MAZDA MANIA Chat is on tonight. Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    1: Changing the heater core isn't rocket science, but it is tedious. Taking detailed pictures as you disassemble the dash will make it much easier to reassemble it. Cutting holes in the firewall won't help, now or later.

2: If you want to bolt on more power, add a supercharger, turbo, or a nitrous oxide system (NOS). A throttle body spacer or different air intake would cost the vehicle manufacturer pennies to add. If they gave the results promised, don't you think they'd fit them?

3: Can't buy and sell stuff here.

4: As has been noted, please stop SHOUTING!!!!!!
    I am new at this. How do I erase the reguest or can you do it?
    I was told to improve gas on my pickup will be to leave the tailgate open,tailgate net,tonneau cover. Well I put on a tonneau cover and replaced the gas filter. To my surprise the gas milege didnt improve. Has anyone else experience this situation?
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    The request just gave me an opportunity to remind everyone of the policy. if you had offered an item for sale, it would have been taken down.

Stop by the chat tonight if you get a chance! Always nice to see new faces in the chat and we're not all that topic guided at the chats. EVERYTHING and anything comes up, pickups included!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

The MAZDA MANIA Chat is on tonight. Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• wijocowijoco Posts: 462
    Bad rotors would not be a big enough problem to scare me away from a purchase like that. The 7.3 has been pretty good. The 6.0 has been a mess, if it has the five-speed automatic get it out on the highway and get through all the gears, be sensitive to shuddering or slamming upshifts/downshifts.
  • We have a F-350 DRW Diesel that had a tie rod drop to the pavement while backing up at about 2 MPH. Fortunately no damage since the vehicle was going so slow. The scary thing is that the truck only has 5,000 miles on it.

So much for "Built Ford Tough"!
  • mmonfeemmonfee Posts: 1
    1986 f250 wont start, spins over fine, glow plugs keep going bad, starts if pluged in . how do you check compresion on 6.9 and what should fuel presure be?Im great with gas burner but this is first 6.9 deisal
  • rich34rich34 Posts: 1
    I have a 1985 F250 that has a 460 in it that just blew. I am looking to replace it at a fairly low cost. I was wondering what year of engines I can drop into this truck. I have a contact to a 79 460 that came out of a Linclon Continental, but I do not know if this would even be close to working! Any input would be appreciated!
  • I have an '04 F-250 Super Duty Diesel with 45,000 miles. New fuel filters, regularly use fuel injector cleaner. When under acceleration or load (Climbing even slightly) the truck misses terribly, backfires, spews black exhaust. Will be a few days before I can get to dealer. Any ideas?
    Thanks
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,497
    Legally, you can not replace the engine in a vehicle with one older than the model year (because of emissions laws). You can use an engine of same or newer year with no problem.

I'd be very suspicious of the 79 engine myself... salvage yards may be your better bet.

kcram
    Host - Wagons

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

Depends on the state. Federal law requires that an engine-swapped vehicle's emissions SYSTEM remains identical to the factory setup. States that have adopted the CARB rules won't allow engines older than the original to be installed. A really stupid law considering you can install an engine from a previous model year that's identical to the current and reattach all the original emissions equipment with the same output.

Anyway, assuming both engines are carbureted you need to check out all the ports on the heads, bolt holes for the engine mounts, carb mount on the intake, bolt hole patterns on the transmission bell housing, etc. My guess is it won't work, as Ford usually modifies each engine pretty heavily when it's designed for a truck. May end up being better to load up the credit card and get yours rebuilt. You usually just buy a short period of time with a swap.
    If it's the 6.0 diesel, you're in good company. Lots of owners with same problems you're describing. it may take multiple visits to get it all resolved.
  • kbarneskbarnes Posts: 3
    1998 F150 blew a spark plug i mean it blew left top part in the cover and the bottom in the hole if im using the wrong terms sorry husband so pissed i thot i would look for help anyway he replaced for spark plugs cuz 3 more were bad and he bought new valve covers i think they are called but the truck wont start now . i heard him say something about the fireing sequence how do we find out what it is for an F150 and is there an easy way to tell if its that or fix it.please help need truck for work.
    thanks kathy
    Which engine is it Kathy? It's important, as each one is different.
    Should be 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8. Standing at the front of the truck number one is on the left side at the front.......two, three and four are behind it. Number five is on the right side at the front, and six, seven and eight are behind it.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.