Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz R-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• driverdandriverdan Member Posts: 5
    just offered on a 2006 r-350), 27 months with 12k miles.
    Sunroof, sirius, power lift and heated seats. MSRP $52,665.
    Price $42,950. $5400 at signing (approx $3000 cap reduction) and $390/mo.

Not sure there are many left in the Bergen County NJ area.
  • carman312carman312 Member Posts: 7
    That does not sound as aggresive as they have been, although I picked up my R350 in bergen county nj area and there were very few to pick from (see preivious post) The $5400 sounds about $500 too high, I would request a break out of this #. Also I would try to get them a little bit further down on the Lease price. I would shoot for $41,450. Depending on what other foctors they try to adjust on you this should put you in the $330-360 range. Given the experience I have had I think $330 would be a best case, but $345-$350 would be a good monthly payment. Best of Luck I would work on them a little bit, but I can say for some dealers there inventory has been cleaned out and this could be the reason for the higher price.
  • whitdogwhitdog Member Posts: 5
    Just signed lease papers on a R350 w/Premium pkg, rear cntr console, htd seats,

MSRP 56340
    Discount 9550
    Selling Price 46790
    10K miles/yr, 27 months
    money factor .00295, residual 38874.60
    Paid first month, tax, tag at signing (no cap cost reduction)
    Total "out-the-door" check was $1600
    Monthly payment (incl tax) $595

Any opinions on this deal?
  • yczhouyczhou Member Posts: 1
    Just leased 2006 R350 from a NJ dealer( Morristown MB),
    MRSP 58xxx, 27 month, 12K,
    Total out of door cost is $1500, including the first month payment, monthly payment is $535 (including NY tax). Only 2 more left in the same dealer. NO stock in 2 other big NJ dealers. I was quoted by one dealer for R350 2007 model for 2300 down, $680 monthly for a MSRP $52xxx. I think the lease for 2006 model is a good deal now if you can find one.
  • driverdandriverdan Member Posts: 5
    once you sign an retail buyer order with MB for delivery how soon must you take possesion, and can you still walk away.

After signing, when is it binding on me to take the car. The dealer clearly wants me to take it by month end. Can I delay taking possesion and starting the leases into Spetember or do I risk the terms changing. If I don't complete the transaction do I risk loosing my deposit, or something worse?

I still have two months on my current car, and the dealer is not helping with that expense.
  • margatianmargatian Member Posts: 10
    My wife's sister's husband just signed a lease for an R350. He says he's getting it for $299 a month for 27 months with a single-pay option. He says there are no other costs. Is this deal possible in NYC? Thanks.
  • martinfmartinf Member Posts: 121
    I just ran the numbers using the auto loan/lease calculator on cars.com (very user friendly calculator). If the R350 was moderately equipped (i.e., no premium package) with regular sunroof, entertainment upgrade package, and had an MSRP list of about $52,000, a selling price of $39,800 (about $12,200 off list, not unthinkable with factory to dealer cash of $7000), a one-time pay money factor of .00185 (.00295 less .00110 for the one pay),residual value of 69% (based on 10,000 miles per year) and the $299 did not include taxes or registration, those numbers all sound reasonable. The big question will be whether your local NYC dealers are willing to go $12,200 off MSRP on a lightly equipped R350. Those numbers are not out of the question in California.
  • pureautomobilepureautomobile Member Posts: 47
    I am very close to a lease deal on a R500. I've been tracking three dealer's inventories of R350 and R500 for the past four weeks since the $7k incentive started in Auguest. R350's have been selling better than the R500's thanks to the higher residual and lower price.

Anyone thinks MB Financial will lower the MF on the R500 and increase incentives base on your experiences? The residual will be lowered but may be offset by the potential increase of incentives.

Does anyone here work for MB and heard of any news for Sept?
    What kind of deals have you been seeing on the R500? It seems that with the factory to dealer cash going from $5000 to $7000, but the residual dropping 4% from 72% to 68% (about a $2400 disadvantage), the net lease deals have not seemed to change much since the July deals.
    R500 $69200 MSRP Saks Edition, just imagine all the options + Saks $2500 :shades: "image" package, one time pay of $17,121 drive off, 27 mth, 12k mi/yr.
    R500 $65830 MSRP, Premium pkg, Trim pkg, Parktronic, Wood/Leather steering wheel, 2nd row console, rear side air bag, airmatic suspension, one time pay of $15,828 drive off, 27 mth, 12k mi/yr.
    R350 $61865 MSRP, Premium pkg, Trim pkg, Comfort pkg, 18" design II wheel, Rear seat entertainment system, one time pay of $13,427 drive off, 27 mth, 12k mi/yr.
    There were some MB exec R500 demos that were even better deals with 3k to 5k miles and can be purchased as new MB with all the incentives and buy rates and residuals.
    I can go on, but it's getting late.
    My salesperson told me that in 9/06, according to his GSM, money factor will go up, residual will go down, and incentive may stay the same. Of course, he is trying to sell cars. There are plenty of R500 left and much less R350s around.
    Regardless, these are great cars at these prices. Anyone doesn't want to take the risk of 9/06 MF and residuals, you've got one day to take advantage of these deals. Email me if you wish to know where I've shopped in southern CA.
  • roqfishroqfish Member Posts: 3
    My 1st MB. I have owned BMW, Volvo and Land Rover. Just picked up a R350 MSRP-$62K $3700 down $499 monthly 12k per year. I will never BUY a luxury car again. My wife is hauling around 2 of my 3 kids all the time and she loves the R350. For me, it's a nice drive and that's it. I can't think of anything better or safer for the same $. Thanks for all the info everyone. Cheers!
    Thanks for the detailed info! How much off the MSRP were those lease prices based on? It looks as if the $7000 factory to dealer cash has been extended, but I do not know about Money Factors or residuals. What were the best dealerships that you shopped in Southern CA. I appreciate your input!! These forums have saved me (and some friends) a bundle on our last several cars.
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    if someone would let us know asap whether the factory to dealer cash has changed for sept (and residuals/rates) it would be much appreciated.

i assume the cash incentive does not/did not apply to 2007 Rs....
    Factory to dealer cash is still $7000. I don't know about residuals and MF's.
    I confirmed with Caliber Motors in Anaheim, CA on 9/1/06 that the MF and residuals are the same as Aug for 12K mi/yr for 27 mth lease. They still have 40+ R's in stock, so does Fletcher Jones in New Port Beach.

Best in $ would have been Fletcher Jones on 8/31/06. The sales manager was willing to sell any R class with 11% off MSRP +$7000 off. This would have been right at or below 5.5% holdback. Of course, they had over 70 R's when I visited.them. If you are in Orange County, it would've been foolish not to buy from them. But I live too far from their dealership.

Downtown LA has been known for their low prices and they came very close to Fletcher for me. Obviously DTLA's dealership does not have the same ambiance as Fletcher, and Fletcher will wash your car once a week for the life of your car.

Southbay was also very willing to go at 4.5% into holdback.

Keys Mercedes has a very smart, friendly, but intelligently intimidating sales manager. Keys didn't willing to dig into holdback for the one-of-a-kind-optioned R350.

Penske was very friendly but extremely busy internet department. We were there Tuesday night and most of the sales person were signing papers. The internet mamager gave us the keys and let us look at the vehicle by ourselves (no driving of course). There internet pricing was above others.
    Thank you for the input! You have definitely saved us all a lot of time and money! Have a great weekend and thanks again!
    can anyone point me towards Mb dealers with large R inventories in the midatlantic (anywhere on east coast if they are large very large and dealing deep into the holdback).
  • gentilegentile Member Posts: 2
    I just got back from a dealer in Boston, and got the September rates. I am not sure if I should believe what they have given me is truth or not, (they played so many games by changing the numbers many times) but here they are:

2007 R Class MF: 0.00165
    2006 R Class MF: 0.00295

Residual Values:

2006 R350 24/27 months: 66%
    2006 R350 36/39 months: 56%

2006 R500 24/27 months: 65%
    2006 R500 36/39 months: 55%

2007 R350 24/27 months: 67%
    2007 R350 36/39 months: 57%

2007 R500 24/27 months: 66%
    2007 R500 36/39 months: 56%

I also got the GL 2007 just for giggles:

2007 GL Class 36/39 months RV: 61%
    2007 GL Class MF for 36-51 months: 0.00320

Gent
  • templeton3templeton3 Member Posts: 69
    If you tried Fletcher Jones, you should try Mercedes Benz of Laguna Niguel. They really hate to lose business to one another. Its like USC vs UCLA.
    if residual values are always based on full MSRP and monthly lease payments are based on a lower negotiated "purchase price", if you decide to buy at lease end arent you losing the benefit of the factory cash back and dealer discount (in this case as much as $12k)??? (of course this assumes that the factory wont negotiate the buy out price at lease end)
    MSRP with options $70,075 (trim, amg, lighting, park, keyless, entertain, 864 rear entertain)

hypothetical $15k discount ($7k factory + $5050 discount to invoice + $2950 [4% of the 5.5% holdback])

selling price $55,075
    money factor .00295 (why is '07 more heavily subsidized???)
    27 mos
    12k per yr
    resid 67% (65% +2% for 12k)
    no sales tax
    no tags or acq fee

ONLY $602month.

is this right??
    You have hit the nail on the head (twice!). First, the best possible lease is one based on a low interest rate (no surprise there) AND a highly discounted purchase price (no surprise there) plus a HIGH MSRP (upon which the residual value is based - maybe a bit of surprise there). Since your lease expense is largely the sum of the "depreciation" (the difference between the MSRP and the "residual" value - sometimes artificially low - like with the R class) and the interest expense, the most favorable "perfect storm" for the potential lessee is the situation we have with the R class, particularly the 2006 model. With a $70,000 MSRP, your residual value will be high ($46,900 at 67% residual) and the difference between what you really pay, let's say $56,000 to be conservative, you will really only pay $9100 in depreciation for the first 27 months. Combine that with a low interest rate (lower by .00110 or 2.64% if you do a single payment lease) and you can lease one of these 2006 R classes for not much more than a far lesser vehicle.

At lease end, there is no way I would want to pay $46,900 for a 27 month old, 27,000 mile R class, when I could probably buy a new one for not much more. You know that, I know that, and Mercedes will certainly know that in 27 months. Until I started reading these forums, I had no idea that you could negotiate the lease-end buy-out or even negotiate very favorable lease extension terms (less than your original lease monthly payments - makes perfect sense that it would be cheaper to lease a 27 month old car than a new one). If you are inclined to want to buy the vehicle at lease end, you will absolutely need to negotiate a far more favorable buy-out than what is in your original contract. If you pay the original lease contract price, you are absolutely losing the benefit of the factory to dealer cash and the dealer discount.

Thirdly, where did everybody else go? Is no one else still buying and/or negotiating on R classes?
    I ran your numbers using the lease calculator on cars.com, but they only calculate for common terms like 24 and 36. However, it looks like for a 24 month lease, using your numbers, you come to $639/month. I am pretty sure that your $602 figure is either exact or quite close for the 27 month lease. What website are you using for your lease calculations and what dealerships have you seen with $15,000 discounts. The best discounts I have seen have been the "$12,000 coupon" discounts from Mercedes of Walnut Creek in Northern California. By the way, mbworld.com and benzworld.com have also had lively and informative threads regarding R class leasing and pricing, if you care to check those forums. Good luck!!
    I guess many folks bought the R class in August and contributed to MB's all-time record month! I certainly did. $15000 discount is very possible, especially in So. Cal. where some dealers (see my privious posts) still have many 2006 R's in stock. 4.5% into holdback is very likely, especially my salesperson told me that 9/06 will be a tougher month for them.

For 9/06, after I found out that the MF for 07's were much lower than 06's (though the residuals were the same), I re-calculated my lease vs. an '07 equally equipped and found that an '07 is about $2,400 more for one time pay. Not bad for an '07 but like most everyone said here, '06 R's are great deals.

Martinf, and everyone else here, how about starting a forum discussing the "perfect storm" leases that are currently out there? This will save a lot of our time, not mentioning $$$. Start the blogs, folks.
  • sussansussan Member Posts: 17
    My lease on ML320 will end on 10/25/06. I am looking into
    leasing an R350. Any good deals in the dealers in Southern
    California for R350? Who has the most inventory? I have
    been quoted $399+tax 3k drive-off 12k/yr for 27 MO (MSRP $58k).
    How does that sound? Just don't like the color they have.
    See my post #219. Right now, the '07 are here and '06 are still around with the $7k incentives. Color may have to be compromised, but it's still a great deal.

Base on my calc, $58k MSRP (assuming $54k invoice), your total payment should be a hair shy of $14K for 27 MO 12k mi/yr including sale taxes and lease inception fees. This is assuming your dealer is willing to give you 4.5% of the 5.5% holdback.

Base on your deal, the total with sales taxes is $14,661, which means he is at about 3.5% into holdback. Not a bad deal.
    What is the selling price of the vehicle that you are considering? It would help to know if they are going $10,000 vs. $12,000 vs $14,000 off of MSRP. If you do not have a significant cash flow situation, Mercedes Financial offers a .00110 Money Factor discount (4.44% vs 7.08% for those of us who do not speak lease language) for a single pay lease. It would lower your effective monthly costs by about $80 to $100 per month, not insignificant. Look at pureautomobile's previous posts on So Cal dealers. He has been very informative. You may also want to look at benzworld.org and mbworld.org for similar threads. Finally, please drive the R500 before settling on the R350. Although the horsepower difference is small (302 to 268), the torque difference is great (about 339 to 258) as are the 0-60 times (6.7 vs 8.1). All those numbers are fine, but you may really notice the power difference in the R500. The epa estimates are 13/18 on the R500 and 16/21 on the R350. There are several posts from R350 owners who regret not getting the more powerful R500. Good luck! Both vehicles are great and are great deals right now.
  • taxerstaxers Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I have a simple question for you all:

I can get the R350 or spend an extra $222 per month and get the R500. Should I spend the extra money for the R500?

All opinions are wecome. Thanks
    The R500 is a significantly more powerful vehicle and is probably worth more money. With a list price difference of about $7000, and residual values about 65% to 68% depending on miles, you should expect to pay only about $100 per month more for the R500 (Here is the math: $7000 x 35% = $2450, $2450 divided by 27 months = $90/month + additional interest on the $7000 approximately $20/month for a total of about $110 per month difference). You could mitigate some of the difference between the R350 and R500 by getting a slightly less equipped R500. Drive them both at the same visit to your dealer and see if you can appreciate the difference. I personally was originally favoring the R350, but I was quite impressed with the R500 in comparison. Both 2006 R vehicles are great and represent unique values in the car leasing arena. You won't go wrong with either, but check out the forums at benzworld.org and mbworld.org. Many R350 owners complain about a lack of power in the R350. I think your dealer is playing you on the differential of $222/month. Provide the MSRP's for the two vehicles, the "selling prices," the residual values he is quoting you, the miles you need, and the length of lease that you are considering and I would be happy to run the lease calculations on cars.com calculator for you, or you could do it yourself. I really think the $222 difference is way high
  • leasemamaleasemama Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone out there help me out with figuring out the lease speak on a R-class. I am a first time leasee and I am ready to go and get one of the deals everyone is talking about but where do I begin?
    Help!
  • eugezeugez Member Posts: 4
    Hi, experts.

Last week I've started looking for the deals on the R350.(Test drove it and liked it)...

The dealer here (in Bergen county, NJ) sent me email 2 days ago, saying that he has a 2006 car with
    MSRP $59K 3K drive-off 12K/year for 27 Mo - $609 (includes all)...

Yesterday, when I came to see it, he said the car is gone and no more 2006.
    Ge gave me price for 2007 - basic with Premium 1 package -
    MSRP $49K 3K drive-off 12K/year for 39 Mo - $619.

Any advises?
    Thanks in advance!
    I have learned more on leasing on this car than my previous 6 leases (3 mercedes, 2 bmw's, and a land rover). This may be a long post! The basics of leasing are this: You are only paying for how much the car depreciates during your lease term (affected by the number of miles you drive) and the interest rate (money factor) on your "loan." What determines the depreciation cost is the manufacturer's estimate (a residual percent) of how much the vehicle will be worth at lease end, based on the MSRP not the selling price of the vehicle. What makes the 2006 R class deal so attractive is that it is a relatively high MSRP that is discounted in the range of $12,000 to $15,000. Using round numbers, a $60,000 2006 R 500 can be "bought" for about $47,000. Using a residual value of 67% (24 or 27 month lease, 12,000 miles per year), Mercedes is calculating the car to be worth about $40,200 at the end of the lease (major wishful thinking). Consequently, your "depreciation cost" is only $6800. You are new to leasing, but I will tell you that is a minimal depreciation cost. Add to that the subsidized financing, even on the 2006 model of .00295 money factor (multiply by 2400 to get the interest, 7.08%), you have a finance/interest cost of only about $5000 to $6000 over the course of the 27 months. If you have the cash, you can lower your money factor to .00185 (interest rate 4.44%) by doing a "one pay" lease, wherein you simply pay all the payments at the front end of the lease. It will save you about $2500 over the 27 months or about $90 month amortizing it over the 27 month period. Worth it if you can swing the $13,000 in one lump. The 2007 models are not going to have the same residual benefit as the 2006's, however. They have a lower MSRP (by $5000) and the discounts are not flowing under invoice as they are on the 2006's. Some of that is made up for by a lower money factor (.00165 or 3.96%), but you would have no further advantage with using the one pay on that vehicle. I still think the 2006 is the better deal, but only if you have no intention of buying the vehicle at lease end. I have learned that the lease-end buyout figure is negotiable, so that may still be workable if the price is right. I think most people who lease these vehicles have no intention of buying at lease end. I think Mercedes is going to have a rude awakening about 24 to 27 months from now when these cars come off lease and glut the market, so I am holding off my decision to buy the car based on what kind of deal I can swing at lease end. I hope this helps a bit. Please post what kind of deal they give you prior to signing on the dotted line and at least one of us can tell you whether the deal is good or not. In brief, you want about 11% off MSRP plus the $7000 factory to dealer cash off of the MSRP, a total of about $12,000 to $14,000 depending on MSRP. Go for the 27 month vs the 24 month lease because you only pay additional interest with no further depreciation expense. Your net cost for the 27 months should total about $13,000 to $14,000 if you do a one-pay and about $2500 more if you pay monthly. Good luck and thanks to everyone who has helped me!! What goes around comes around!!
    I am in California, so I don't know your local climate. Your 2006 deal sounds high. I don't think you are getting more than about $10000 off MSRP on that car. I would check other dealers for 2006 models. The leases are more attractive for reasons discussed in my previous post. Always try to get the dealer to give you the "selling price" of the vehicle and the residual value per cent. With those figures you can use a real simple lease calculator on cars.com to calculate the payments. If you find a 2006 R that you like, you might want to consider the one-pay lease. It will save you about $2500 over the 27 month period. If you go with the 2007, the money factor/interest rate is already so low, there is no advantage to the one pay on those vehicles. Good luck. I have the R500 and it has been great!
    Thank you very much for your reply!!!

I have a question to you.
    I'll still work under the 2 variants(2006 and 2007), but...
    let's say I'll go for 2007, how much below the MSRP has to be my TARGET?
    What lease period is more preferred (from your point of view)?
    What will be the best possible deal, based on 49K MSRP (or 53K)?

Thank you
    1. I do not have a feel yet for the pricing on the 2007's. The Mercedes sponsored leasing program suggests a selling price of $47,160.59 based on an MSRP of $48,700 for the 2007 R350 27 month lease, but suggest a selling price of $45,494 on a $54,175 2006 R350 (about $9700 off MSRP)which is still about $2000 to $3000 higher than what dealers are really letting the vehicles go for. We will have to wait to see what others are getting on the 2007's to know. Let's hope others join and participate in this forum!

2. In my opinion, the 27 month is the sweet spot. Although you have to pay one more year's registration, the residual value for 24 and 27 months has been the same. What that means is that you only pay interest and no depreciation for the last 3 months of your lease (i.e., the last 3 months are about "half price."

3. On the 2007's expect a "money factor" of .00165 (3.96% in English language)for a monthly pay lease. I advocate the one pay only if there is a money factor savings to justify it. With the 2007's, it does not pay. With the 2006's, the one pay lowers the MF from .00295 to .00185 (7.08 down to 4.44%)
    martinf,

Thanks again for your help and detailed explanation.

Issue with the 2006, that it's very few left on market (at least what I see). Anyway I'll try to find a deal, if not on 2006 than on 2007.

1. Any ideas what could be the target price in case of 2007 (MSRP 49K), how lower from the MSRP?

2. About time period. I understand that you prefer 27 months (and I see why). What about 39 months?

3. I got your point about advantage of "one pay", thanks.

Also, I have a question about your lease calculation. Based on your email I have a formula -
    LEASE price = DEPRECIATION cost + LOAN fee
    where
    DEPRECIATION cost = SELLING PRICE - PRICE AFTER LEASE
    6800 = 47K - 42000(MSRP * RESIDUAL value (60K * 0.67))
    and
    LOAN FEE = INTEREST * LOAN
    6000 = (MONEY FACTOR(.00295)*2400)= 7.08%) * SELLING PRICE
    Is it correct?
    What is the 2400?

Thank you.
  • leaseexpert1leaseexpert1 Member Posts: 4
    eugez:

Make sure you shop this vehicle hard! There are dealers out there that are selling the R 350 at $5000 UNDER invoice on the 2006 and $1000 UNDER invoice on the 2007. It is a CA dealer, but you can have it shipped to NJ for 800 to 1000. You are looking at a close to 10K off MSRP on an 06 and 5K on an 07.
  • zorogriszorogris Member Posts: 11
    In Seattle area I made an offer to the dealer on an R350 w/ $58605 MSRP as follows:
    $47000 Purchase price
    27m/ 10k yr w a MF .00295 Res 65% (I think those are the right numbers still)

He countered at $48500 purchase price, which is basically invoice - $7k. Any thoughts on this?

Also, can anyone explain if the 5.5% holdback comes from MSRP or sales price? Or if it works differently? Otherwise, I don't understand where the $12-15k off MSRP that I see people using on this board comes from. (MSRP is only 4k over invoice plus the 7k incentive gets me to 11k. Is the dealer getting another 4k in holdback?)
    MB walnut creek is advertising on their website "at least $12k off MSRP" any '06 350 or 500. the higher the sticker, the more mark up to msrp and thus more discount available.

dealers are going below invoice (and of course the $7k factory cash) into their 5.5% holdback.

MBWC has 16 350s and 21 500s in stock.....and the 07s are arriving....
    5.5% of holdback is from MSRP and giving away to the customer 4.5% is very real. I just received an email from Santa Monica W.I. Simonson Mercedes in So Cal, and they are discounting (advertised) $13,500 off MSRP of $60,630 (2 available) on 2006 R500 with options: 18in Wheels, Comfort Pkg,Trim Pkg, Entertainment Pkg, Sunroof Pkg. Not the greatest in options but very decent deal. Base on the invoice of $56,441 (Edmunds) with $7K incentive and $3,334.65 holdback, the dealer is making $1023.65 on paper.
    The dealer is giving away 4% of their holdback without even negotiation. This is the perfect storm that MartinF mentioned. Get the R before MB put the brakes on production.
  • zorogriszorogris Member Posts: 11
    Well, I wish the dealers in Seattle area were willing to play ball. I spoke with 3 dealers today and none of them are willing to go into their holdback! Greedy bast*rds! ;-) I may drive one up from NorCal since I am down there occasionally on business but an unnecessary pain in the rear if you ask me. If someone in the NW gets a dealer to play ball please post it!
    It's end of the month again, and once again, I am getting emails and phone calls even though I've told the dealers that I've got my car.

So Cal dealers will make every effort to get you buy here. They may even ship the R to you at their cost, or negotiate into the lease. North Cal will do the same.
    First, the "perfect storm" lease situation that we have applies largely to the 2006 models. What I mean is that because of the huge discounts from MSRP, the "selling" price of your vehicle will be about 22% to 23% less than MSRP. That is to say that your original "selling" price is already a "residual value" of 77%. In 27 months, Mercedes would like to delude themselves into believing the vehicle will still be worth 67%. Therefore, your true depreciation costs on the vehicle will be only 10% for 27 months. Take the lease to 39 months (by the way, a generally cheaper way to go), your residual drops another 10%, but this time for only 12 months more of lease. In this case (very strange case indeed and like nothing I have ever seen in the car leasing arena), the shorter lease actually is more economical. The problem with the 2007's is that MSRP's have been adjusted downward to market conditions, and you will not be able to start off with the vehicle at 77% residual value like you do with the 2006's.

The 2400 is the way to convert the money factor (lease speak) into interest rate (normal speak). e.g., Money Factor of .00185 equals 4.44% interest rate. Swapalease.com does a very good job of walking you through the entire lease business, and it does it in just a few pages of easy reading. I would recommend it to any new or even experienced potential lessee. I found the information helpful, too. Your equation for the depreciation is exactly correct, but your equation for the "loan interest" may be off a little. That's where the swapalease site will help. Good luck and my thanks to pureautomobile for a lot of helpful information on this forum!!

I am still trying to find other "perfect storms" out there, but I have yet to find anything close on vehicles we would really want. Maybe a Lincoln TownCar or Navigator or Cadillac Escalade (previous bodystyle). The new BMW X5 is due in November, and we may see similar deals on the 2006 BMW X5 leftovers. I will keep you posted.
    martinf,

Thanks for your help and explanation.
    Finally, found ok offer on the 2006:
    MSRP $56K 3K drive-off 12K/year for 27 Mo - $480(includes all)...
    Definitely not the best on the forum, but...
    You did fine! I am glad that you passed on the previous $609/month deal. Good luck with the vehicle. I am sure you will be happy. I don't think we will be able to get such great deals on 2009's when our leases are up in 27 months, but understand that your lease end options are more extensive than your contract suggests. I was unaware until recently that you could re-negotiate your monthly payment to extend your lease or re-negotiate the lease end buyout price. Be sure to check on this forum or benzworld.org or mbworld.org before you turn the car back in. I know I will be!!
  • not_2_shabbynot_2_shabby Member Posts: 29
    Ok here is my deal

R350 w/ a few options, comfort, park, entertainment, MSRP $54,745
    Selling price: $44745 ($10K discount w/o even trying)
    MF: 0.00315
    Residual: $37266
    Payment: $538 27months/12K does not include sales tax
    Fees down: $2600(seems a little steep, must include acquisition fee)

How am I doing here? How much more room do I have to get them down?

I'm in the phoenix metro area...
    The best deals in California have the discount from MSRP in the range of $12,000 to $13,000 off. This is basically the $7000 factory to dealer (to you) cash, and invoice less about 3.5 to 4.5% into the dealer holdback of 5.5%. Mercedes of Walnut Creek advertises $12,000 off MSRP as a starting point on their website. Fletcher Jones is generally going 11% off MSRP and the $7000 factory to dealer cash (your deal would be about $13,000 off). If you can live with the difference in gas mileage, you should at least drive the R500. You might be very surprised with the additional performance for about $2000 to $2500 more on the 27 month lease.
    I forgot to add that your money factor should be .00295. This deal sounds like it is even more than what is the nationally advertised, Mercedes subsidized lease. Definitely too high! A fellow Vegas did his deal with Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach and they shipped the vehicle for $399. Check them out.
  • not_2_shabbynot_2_shabby Member Posts: 29
    Thanks guys, I'll keep pushing. Thanks for the info on the MF especially, that will help the payment quite a bit.