Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 6-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, bmwfan23. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $8,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $8,000 discount that you were quoted looks good to me, especially given the fact that the dealer is absorbing the cost of getting you out of your Z4 lease early. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of this car is .00270 for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing and .00285 with the waiver if the security deposit. That's pretty close to what you were quoted. Overall, I would say that this is a pretty good deal for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dabledogdabledog Member Posts: 1
    i'm looking at a lease on a new 2007 650cic msrp 94,470. the price i was quoted was 2249 at signing and 1107 for 36 mos, 100,000 yr with a residual of 58,500. Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • bmwfan23bmwfan23 Member Posts: 2
    I'm glad you thought it was a reasonable deal, as I now have the car and love it! I look forward to spring so I can drive it every day. What a nice car!

bmwfan23
  • jtrejojtrejo Member Posts: 2
    2007 m6 convertible used with 757 miles
    net cap cost-98,995
    money factor-.00205 through us bank
    1529.83/mo without tax
    residual 49%
    3 yr lease
    12k mi/yr

Can i get a better deal?
  • jtrejojtrejo Member Posts: 2
    I have a deal on the table for a 2007 black m6 coupe
    1725.00 down
    Payments for 30 months 10k/yr come out to 1107.14+tax=$1198.48
    Cap cost came out to $90419.35, MSRP was $102,875
    money factor is .00265 is this good?
    Greetings dabledog. You never mentioned the selling price of the 650 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jtrejo. Is this car technically a used vehicle or was it just a dealer demo? If it was always at the dealer and never owned by anyone it is still technically considered to be a "new" car and it would qualify for BMW Financial Services' new vehicle lease program.

Have you gotten a quote for a similar lease of this car through BMW Financial Services? I ask because even though BMW FS' money factor for a new 2008 M6 Convertible is significantly higher than U.S. Bank's (.00270 versus .00205) its residual value is much better (62% versus 49%). You definitely should compare the two options before committing to one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jtrejo. The money factor that you were quoted for this car looks good to me. It is right in line with BMW Financial Services' buy rate for a 36 month lease of this car to a non-returning customer with a waived security deposit. This is a good sign.

Now let's take a look at the other important aspect of this deal, the selling price. A 2007 BMW M6 Coupe that has an MSRP of $102,875 probably has a dealer invoice price of around $94,945. When we subtract the $4,500 dealer cash that BMW is providing on leases of this model from that we arrive at right around $90,500. This is almost exactly the price that you were quoted, so it looks like an excellent deal to me.

If you like the car, and who wouldn't ;) , I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • lerossleross Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

I've never leased before so any advice is appreciated.

My local BMW dealer in Roswell GA just referred to the bmwusa.com website for the current lease price. (plus $469 dealer fee $42 tag )

Vehicle Registered outside N.Y.
    • $999 First months payment
    • $3,500 Down payment
    • $1,000 Security Deposit
    • $5,499 Cash due at signing
    MSRP of $76,375.00
    10k/yr

The features I priced out came to $78,475. Would an experienced BMW leasee accept this at face value or should I be negotiating? If so, in what way? My credit is perfect if that matters. I don't drive more than 10k miles per yr.

How does my price of about 2k more typically affect the $999/month price? I'm worried that's where my inexperience will get exploited.

I get the impression that these lots have cars with a lot of the features you don't need just to inflate the price. Is that observation correct? No local cars here with my preferred color under $86k so do they order one for you for a lease or do you always have to lease what's on the lot and therefore pay a higher lease?

Thanks very much for puting yourself in my inexperienced shoes and offering any tips.

Randy
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    leross - You can do substantially better than the price quoted on BMWUSA.com. In all cases, the dealer prefers to sell you a vehicle on the lot due to the cost of inventory. However, most dealers will be more than happy to locate or order a particular vehicle (ordering could take some time). If you would like help in your search and negotiations, please feel free to email me.
  • lerossleross Member Posts: 2
    Sure, I would appreciate help in getting the best lease arrangement I can get. I'm looking for: 2008 or new, Stratus Gray Coupe, Black interior, Sport package, MSRP as built $78,475, 3yr lease, credit perfect. Alpharetta GA 30004. I could buy outright but don't see any obvious reason to. Thank you.

dealer offered: 3500 down payment, 1000 sec dep, $1153/month - includes $75 tax payment, basically a 12 week wait to get car, 60% residual, 10k miles (ok for me)
  • random987random987 Member Posts: 30
    According to BMW's web page

BMW is also extending its special lease offers on select 2006 Certified Pre-Owned vehicles.

Does anyone know what the lease deals are for the 2006 650 convertible?
  • talei123talei123 Member Posts: 4
    Im in the market to Lease a used 6 series. Does anyone know the current Lease rates offered if any money factor rate + residual. for a 15,000 mile lease on a used 6 series. I was recently quoted for a used 2005 6 series a with MSRP of 46,995
    4500 down and 700 monthly.This was 24months and 18,000 per year. I thought this was very high for that specific car. Carman or anybody else please help ... thx in advance...
    Hi talei123. While I know that BMW usually has one of the best lease programs in Certified Used Vehicles, given the lack of popularity of used vehicle leases I do not personally keep tabs on manufacturers' programs. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
  • neenneen Member Posts: 12
    I am looking to lease a 2006 650ci coupe. It is black with black dakota leather, cold weather and sport package. Mileage is 20,102 and asking price is 59,900.

I am wondering what money factors I can expect (I have excellent credit) for a 24 month 12k/year lease. Is it possible for my monthly after tax payments to be in the mid 500's?
    Hi neen. Through May 5th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a new 2008 650Ci Coupe with 12,000 miles per year (beautiful car BTW) are .00210 and 69%, respectively. Unfortunately, given its relative lack of popularity and the massive number of variables involved in used vehicle leasing, I do not personally keep tabs on BMW FS' program for CPO vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • jed3039jed3039 Member Posts: 5
    I am considering a 6-Series. Still on the fence about going coupe or convet. I notice online there seem to be some very nice programs - $999/mo for the coup and about $1050/mo for the convert. I can't seem to get the rate to generate on the "build your own" even as a stripped down model. Any ideas on those numbers? I also have a dealer who tells me they will give me the either car for $1,000 over invoice...sounds like a good deal. Do you agree?
    Hi jed3039. $1,000 over dealer invoice for a BMW 6-Series sounds reasonable to me, but there's enough room there that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop with another dealer or two if there are any in your area. Once you settle on a selling price that you are happy with, have the dealer calculate your car's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00195.

Car_man
    Host
  • vince83vince83 Member Posts: 3
    Can anybody help me?
    Is that a good deal?
    650i, sport, auto, pear leather, comfort access
    MSRP $83,025
    Sale Price $78,440
    24 month, 10,000 mile-per-year lease
    $1914.59 Total Drive off
    $0 Cap Reduction
    No Security Deposit
    23 additionaly payments of $1204.47 + tax = $1303.84 (8.25% Sales Tax in LA)
    69% Residual ($57,287.25)
    .00210 Money Factor
    $825 Acquisition Fee (Capitalized)
    $45 Doc Fee (Capitalized)
    This is if I don't make a security deposit, if I do, then MF is .00195 and the payments would be $1281.66.
    Is that a good deal or should I push more for the sale price... right now it's about $1500 over invoice.
  • vince83vince83 Member Posts: 3
    The Sale Price is without the dealer acquisition fee + doc fee which end up being $870. That amount has to be added to the sale price to get the payments right in the calculator.
  • boylaboyla Member Posts: 16
    Can someone tell me if this is a good deal?
    650I, sport, premium sound, comfort access, cold weather, head on display, HD radio, SIRIUS satelite
    MSRP: 84695 excluding denstination and handliing fee
    Selling: $78075
    Down payment: $1700 TDO
    Monthly: 1080$ (qualify for Owner loyalty program).
    This is 36 month lease w/ 12k miles/yr.
    Please help. Thank you
  • boylaboyla Member Posts: 16
    1080$ includes California tax. Thank you
  • robfloridagoldrobfloridagold Member Posts: 15
    Sounds good to me -- I leased a 2007 -- great car -- used the European delivery and saved $5700 -- all you do is fly into Munich --go to the facory and sign for the car -- the down side was they lost the car in the US so it was delayed but I would do it again.
  • ajamoajamo Member Posts: 18
    Leased a black/black M6 Coupe a few weeks back and I couldn't be happier.

I expected much more trouble getting my price for a car that lists for $110K, but it wasn't really a problem. I'm in Jersey, but found a great salesman at West German BMW in PA. Great guys and ready to deal. Can't beat that.
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    Can you share the numbers? Thanks.
  • jkmiecjkmiec Member Posts: 5
    I've heard that BMW financial offers you several months early to get out of your lease if you re-lease another BMW. Is this true and with a 3 year payment history with them do they offer you better Money Factor's, lower downs and other perks? I am wanting to get a Z4 or 6 Series this time. No need for an SUV.
  • carnutfancarnutfan Member Posts: 19
    boyla and jed,

I think your numbers are high. the base rate on the money factor is .00190, assuming these are 2009 cars. You should be paying around 500 over invoice for the car if its an 09. also, given the climate, you should pay the acquisition fee up front if you can, rather than paying interest on it for the lease term. if you have the money, multiple security deposits are the way to go, pushing down your MF to .00140. It will mean giving BMWFS a lot of money for the term of the lease, but the savings to you are tremendous, way more than you could earn putting the money into any kind of investment. look at bimmerfest.com for tons of info on getting the best lease deals.
  • carnutfancarnutfan Member Posts: 19
    oops. i see my post is very late. sorry.
  • graycar1graycar1 Member Posts: 6
    Does BMW ever lease used 2008 650i.

Thanks,
    Anyone who is familiar with BMW Financial Services knows that since the beginning of time it has used a pass / fail system for its lease approval process. Either consumers qualified for its best available rates or they could not lease through BMW FS at all...and your credit had to be pretty messed up for the latter to happen.

Yesterday BMW announced that BMW FS is introducing a tiered system for its lease program. Its rates now vary by credit tier, with the people who have the best credit scores getting slightly better rates than what was available last month and much higher money factors for people with low credit scores.

I should be able to get the full details of this new program some time today. Please feel free to post your questions about it here and I'll gladly fill you in on what I am able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    Hi Carman,
    Sorry if this has been recently asked, but what are Nov and Dec MF and residuals for 36 month lease with 10k miles/yr.
    also, what are current incentives?

Many thanks for any help
  • mm1250mm1250 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_Man

I'm looking at buying a 2012 BMW 650xi Cabriolet.. I got a quote from a local BMW dealer but lease pricing was grossly over the quote via BMW, even with taxes left out of the payments they about $55k in payments all in over a 36mo lease. Could you provide me what the Nov 2012 Lease program rates are for the BMW 6-series. I was quoted .00235 for money factor and 58% residual. I also qualify for Owner Loyalty. Not sure how much that is suppose to shave off.

Car sticker was $102,625.
    Hello mm1250. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 650xi Cabriolet with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • cashmandoocashmandoo Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man... do you know if the rates you quote above are still current as of the end of 2011?

Thanks!
  • cashmandoocashmandoo Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

I am considering leasing a 650i Xdrive convertible, MSRP is $95,125. With the 7% knocked off for European Delivery, it comes down to $88,466. When I spoke to the sales guy, he told me that the lead time for these cars at the moment is between 90 and 120 days. The question that I have is around whether anyone has seen BMW commit to any additional programmatic savings, such as their "mission to drive" or "Enhanced Delivery" deals. This sales guy tells me that i would get the 7%, but then I would have to wait to see what programs are in place at the time I would actually pick up the car in Europe... and that current deals end on March 3rd. He couldn't get any commitment from his finance folks on any further discounts.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
  • bmw_640_manbmw_640_man Member Posts: 2
    Do you know the residual and money factor for a 2012 BMW 640i converible? I am also a returning BMW leasing customer. Do you rec'd any additional money for that?
    Hi cashmandoo. Bmw's December lease program was good through January 3rd. It has a new lease program that started on the 4th that in most cases is not as attractive as the last one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cashmandoo. BMW usually lets consumers lock in the current programs on ordered vehicles for a specific period of time, but the Euro Delivery program's delivery dates may just be too far out. I wouldn't worry about locking in the current program anyhow...it's not that great. I would be surprised if the deals that are out there when your car arrives weren't as good or better than the current ones.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bmw_640_man. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 640i Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

BMW used to provide additional discounts for loyal customers, but I believe that those all went away at the end of the year.

Car_man
    Host
  • rnw1rnw1 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Dear Carman: Talking with a south Florida BMW dealer about leasing 2012 6-Series Coupe (Hard Top), V8- loaded, term 36 months, 10,000 miles per year, have a 800+ FICO score and I am currently a BMW lease owner. Can't seem to get clear answers from salesperson on money factor and residual. Can you offer me any help? Thanks for all you do...your insight is very helpful.
    You're welcome rnw1. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 650i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rnw1rnw1 Member Posts: 3
    CarMan, with my budget in mind, I am thinking of moving down to a BMW 640. Based on 36 months, 10,000 miles per year would the money factor and residual be the same as on the BMW 650 you provided earlier. Thanks again. RNW1
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is working on a story about car technology and is looking for recent or current car shoppers for whom technology was a critical factor. Were you looking to pack your car with as much new technology as possible? Are there special technologies and systems that you care about more than others? And are you at all concerned about the role technology plays with distracted driving? Please send an email with contact information and a brief description of your experience by no later than Sunday, February 5, 2012.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hey rnw1. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 640i Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • malbert2malbert2 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease a 640 convertible in NY. A friend of mine claims to have leased one through one of these leasing guys in Brooklyn that gets fleet rates for $899 a month with no money down and taxes rolled into the lease. I don't see how this is feasible but wanted to see if anyone had some feedback on leasing of this car in NY or nj.
  • thesharkiethesharkie Member Posts: 2
    Dear Carman et al.,

I'm looking to lease the current BMW 650i convertible, term 36, miles 15k. Do you happen to have the lease particulars on this vehicle pls? Also, do you think with the imminent M6 launch, MSRP on this vehicle will go lower ?

Thank you very much.
    Hi thesharkie. Through April 2nd, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 650i Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

It's difficult to say what BMW will do with its pricing on this car when the M6 arrives. While I have seen a few price cuts this year, more often than not manufacturers do not cut their prices. I suspect that BMW won't, but you never know.

Car_man
    Host
  • thesharkiethesharkie Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

Thank you very much indeed. One further question if you please, can you recall when the money factor and residual have been more beneficial on this model, and if so, what are the chances of it returning to that value?

Again, very much appreciated, thank you.

TheSharkie
    You're welcome TheSharkie. It's difficult to say when or if BMW will enhance its lease program on this model. A lot of what happens will depend upon BMW's production and sales for 6. I don't anticipate any significant enhancements to this car's programs, but on never knows for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • nerlichmannerlichman Member Posts: 1
    Car Man: I have a question about a 650xi Convertible Lease.
    MSRP: 98100
    Sales Price: 89000, which includes the $2500 options credit offer from BMW.
    What is the current New Car Lending Rate (%):
    Car Value at End of Loan Value:
This discussion has been closed.