Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Eclipse Prices Paid

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
edited May 2015 in Mitsubishi
Post your buying experience and price paid here!!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• cllamontcllamont Member Posts: 11
    The dealers will give me the premium package with auto trans for $27,200. The list is $28,800. I am in the DC area.
  • xraymanrrxraymanrr Member Posts: 34
    purchased GT 2006 eclipse in August for $500 below retail price of $28800
  • skyyvskyyv Member Posts: 13
    I went to the dealer here in Des Moines and they quoted me a price of $27834 + ttl - just under the MSRP I called up on this site. I emailed another dealer in Sioux City, IA and was quoted the lowest possible price they could sell at - $26000 + ttl ($100 below published invoice found on this site). I took that price in to the dealer closest to me and they wouldn't honor it - tried to tell me there were hidden fees which I knew there weren't. I was told the lowest they would sell at was just over $27000 (supposedly $500 over their "invoice" according to them). Needless to say, I have one on order with the dealer in Sioux City.
    Update to my previous message. I picked up my car this past Saturday. Final price - $25500 + TTL. I ended up getting a $500 rebate that I didn't originally know about.
  • craigklcraigkl Member Posts: 2
    Today (11/30) I purchased a 2006 Eclipse GT for $26500 with Premium and Accessory packages. There was a factory-to-customer AND factory-to-dealer rebate which expired at the end of the month, or I suspect I might have been able to do a couple $100 less. Found out about the dealer part of the incentive on Edmunds.com and that proved to be useful negotiating information. Some very useful advice plus a downloadble Excel spreadsheet for calculating dealer's true cost at Carbuyingtips.com; strongly recommended.

Per Million Dollar Baby, "Protect yourself at all times."
  • craigklcraigkl Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to add, my Eclipse GT had automatic trans, a $900 MSRP option, so I actually got in at about SKYYV's reported price in post #, which was with manual trans. Carbuyingtips.com suggests getting the dealer to show you their factory invoice and checking the manufacturer's kickback for flooring (inventory financing) costs, which should come off the dealer's cost, but I didn't have time to do that.
  • frank476frank476 Member Posts: 1
    So this car is listed at 11,000.
    65,806 mileage

On the site, there was a free history report.
    My friend said there was some red flags like: the person who owned it driving 30k miles in one year.

also, lien records were found which means the owner had financial problems.

finally, what does "corrected title" mean? it says that corrected titles were found.

Anyways yeah.. the specs on the site look good to me but I'm super ignorant. Any input about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Lien records: All that means is that the car was collateral for a loan.. 95% of cars have these..

Corrected title: That could mean anything.. from a court clerk typing the owner's name in wrong... or, putting the wrong model on the title.. or possibly, something more serious..

The car is six-years-old... I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage..

You aren't planning on buying it, without seeing it first, are you? I wouldn't consider it, without a mechanic's inspection..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kcy1213kcy1213 Member Posts: 1
    Trim Lines GS GS AT GT GT AT
    coupe coupe coupe coupe
    Manufacturer Code EC24-K EC24-K EC24-P EC24-P
    Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
    The retail price listed on the window sticker. What the dealer would like you to pay.
    Base MSRP $19,399 $20,299 $23,699 $24,599
    Destination Charge $595 $595 $595 $595
    Gas Guzzler Tax $0 $0 $0 $0
    Luxury Tax $0 $0 $0 $0
    Consumer Rebate Thru 03/31/2006. Exclusive financing of 3.9% - 5.9% See note. ( $0) ( $0) ( $500) ( $500)

Total MSRP
    +add MSRP for packages/options
    $19,994 $20,894 $23,794 $24,694

Dealer Invoice Price (Invoice)
    The dealer's maximum cost to acquire the car from the manufacturer.
    Base Invoice $18,345 $19,196 $22,411 $23,262
    Destination Charge $595 $595 $595 $595
    Gas Guzzler Tax $0 $0 $0 $0
    Luxury Tax $0 $0 $0 $0
    Consumer Rebate Thru 03/31/2006. Exclusive financing of 3.9% - 5.9% (Subtract) See note. ( $0) ( $0) ( $500) ( $500)

Total Dealer Invoice
    +add Dealer Invoice for packages/options
    $18,940 $19,791 $22,506 $23,357

Consumer Reports (CR) Bottom Line Price
    The place to start negotiating. Takes into account the dealer incentives and holdbacks that may be in effect.
    Dealer Invoice Price $18,940 $19,791 $22,506 $23,357
    Dealer Incentive (Subtract) See note.
    ( $0) ( $0) ( $0) ( $0)
    Dealer Holdback (Subtract)
    ( $388) ( $406) ( $474) ( $492)

Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price
    +add Dealer Invoice for packages/options
    $18,552 $19,385 $22,032 $22,865

Equipment Packages
    Packages are groups of options. If you want most of the options in a package, buying the package may be a good idea.
    Trim Lines GS GS AT GT GT AT
    coupe coupe coupe coupe
    Manufacturer Code EC24-K EC24-K EC24-P EC24-P
    Invoice / MSRP Invoice / MSRP Invoice / MSRP Invoice / MSRP
    FX Accessory Package (PIO) $232/$270 $232/$270 $232/$270 $232/$270
    Requires GS Sun & Sound Package P3. * *
    Requires GT Premium Sport Package PS. * *

P3 GS Sun & Sound Package $1317/$1500 $1317/$1500 N/A N/A

PS GT Premium Sport Package N/A N/A $2871/$3270 $2871/$3270

FT GT Special Edition (PIO) N/A N/A $1392/$1600 $1392 / $1600
  • jym626jym626 Member Posts: 21
    We will be picking up our 2007 Eclipse Spyder GS Ultra Red Pearl automatic this afternoon. We are getting it for $400 UNDER INVOICE!! We are paying $25,076 plus 6% tax. No other junk/ad-on fees, other than the destination charge of $595. (No way around that.) It is a base model automatic (no leather or other packages), but that's fine by me--I am thrilled, and can't wait to pick up the car in a few hours. I'll be happy to post a follow-up when the car is in the driveway! We are in Atlanta. Other dealerships were not anywhere as willing to work with us. We spoke to the GM at the dealership in Roswell, and finalized the price over the phone. What a pleasure! :D
    Did get stuck with the "document prep" fees, but the deal was still a great one, and the car is a blast. Cloth (charcoal) interior is quite attractive too.
  • infinitiboiinfinitiboi Member Posts: 6
    hey what dealer in atlanta???
  • infinitiboiinfinitiboi Member Posts: 6
    was it rick case? :confuse:
    Yes, Rick Case in Roswell. They have some new sales managers who are willing to sell cars! Tell them you heard about them from the people that just bought the pearl red spyder!
  • strawberistrawberi Member Posts: 2
    After much pain and bad noise I paid 18,600 for 2007 Mitsu Eclipse GS/mt w/sun and sound package. This was in San Antonio at W.Loop Mitsubishi. Dont know if this is good deal or not. Sales manager was total [non-permissible content removed], but from what I read this was about 1500$ under invoice.
    Wow!! What a deal! How'd you do it?
  • strawberistrawberi Member Posts: 2
    Well I waited until the end of month (been told thats when they will do anything to sell) and found the Mitsu dealer with most eclipses on the lot. I called ahead and told them that I was at another dealership and was about to buy an eclipse from them (true, sort of) but that they didn't have the color I was looking for (true) the best price I had gotten from the other dealership was 19,300 (no fees) so I called the dealership I ended up buying the car from and told them that the other dealer was going to sell me an eclipse for 18,000 with sun and sound pkg. (total lie)
    but not in my first color choice. I asked him if he had the color I wanted and if he could match their price. He said he had the color and that he could come real close to the price. When I get to the lot the head games begin. I dont want to turn this into russian lit. So I wont bore you with details. But if you want to get a really good price on a car, just find out the invoice price and make up your own story. Tell them some silly number like 2,000 under invoice. You can always work up. They get cash back from the factory depending on how bad they want to move cars. So I dont think the invoice price means as much these days (if it ever did)
  • cnpardacnparda Member Posts: 2
    I went to the Newport News, VA dealership today to test drive the GT spyder. They had one in the showroom which I played around in and asked for test drive because I am comparing with the ford mustang. The salesperson brings out an eclipse for me to drive which I did for a few miles. I went back to the showroom and asked if I could now test drive a spyder because I need to compare it to other vehicles I have driven (mustang, G35, lexus). Knowing they only had one and it was in the showroom I asked that when they get a few more in let me know and I would drive it then. I was trying to accomadate them even though a good sales team would make arrangements for me to drive the one they have since it did not have a hold on it. I wanted to drive it w/ top up and down and compare blindspots, noise factor...etc. I was informed by the sales manager that test drives "for the sypder are for perspective buyers only" (meaning someone who puts buys before they try) and "people who buy spyders don't want any miles on them". So let me get this straight you are trying to encourage buyers, you make a good product/warranty/appearance but you won't let me test drive a 30k car. I was dressed like a business man, I make a lot of money, what did I do wrong? Am I being crazy or should I not be allowed to test drive a vehicle that I may buy. It makes me want to give some suggestions to corporate but I don't think that would do anything. Maybe the VA beach dealership will be better.
  • cnpardacnparda Member Posts: 2
    I went to the Newport News, VA dealership today to test drive the GT spyder. They had one in the showroom which I played around in and asked for test drive because I am comparing with the ford mustang. The salesperson brings out an eclipse for me to drive which I did for a few miles. I went back to the showroom and asked if I could now test drive a spyder because I need to compare it to other vehicles I have driven (mustang, G35, lexus). Knowing they only had one and it was in the showroom I asked that when they get a few more in let me know and I would drive it then. I was trying to accomadate them even though a good sales team would make arrangements for me to drive the one they have since it did not have a hold on it. I wanted to drive it w/ top up and down and compare blindspots, noise factor...etc. I was informed by the sales manager that test drives "for the spyder are for perspective buyers only" (meaning someone who puts money down & buys before they try) and "people who buy spyders don't want any miles on them". So let me get this straight you are trying to encourage buyers, you make a good product/warranty/appearance but you won't let me test drive a 30k car. I was dressed like a business man, I make a lot of money, what did I do wrong? Am I being crazy or should I not be allowed to test drive a vehicle that I may buy. It makes me want to give some suggestions to corporate but I don't think that would do anything. Maybe the VA beach dealership will be better although they are owned by the same company.
    I'm not surprised this happened. Our local Mitsu dealer was the same way when my husband was looking at an Evo IX MR. I called up the Dodge dealer that we both ended up buying from and the guy I talked to said that was ridiculous. He told me that there were only two cars they didn't allow test drives on (a Prowler and a Viper - understandably so). The only stipulation our dealer had on the Evo was you had to be 26, licensed, and not mind the sales person going with you. Basically our dealer just wanted to make sure it wasn't a kid looking for a joy ride. In your case, it's completely ridiculous that they would deny you a test especially given that an Eclipse isn't a high end car. Sounds more like they were just too lazy to pull it off the showroom floor for you. My advice...find a different dealer who will work with you and tell the first one off. ;)
  • eman59eman59 Member Posts: 1
    Took advantage of the incentives on the 2006 models and purchased a 2006 Eclipse GT from the good folks at Dick Shirley Mitsubishi in Burlington.

The car: 2006 Eclipse GT, 6M, Sunset Pearlescent, with Premium Sport and Accessory Package. MSRP: $27,964.

The deal: $25,345 +TTL/doc and 0% for 60 months. We could have taken a $1000 rebate instead of special financing. With a low doc fee of $125 and a $500 Education rebate, we were out-the-door for $25,800. (For the record, there was $1000 factory-to-dealer cash at the time of this deal). This should keep us happy for years to come!
  • kicker9kicker9 Member Posts: 57
    Got a fair deal as far as I'm concerned, paid sticker price for a '07 liquid silver metalic w/gray interior and top and included a Mitsu factory car cover.
  • jacobs629jacobs629 Member Posts: 1
    Fun as heck here!! All of you know that one though. I paid 21,000 for a new '06 Pure Red GT. Got it for around 2,800 under MSRP at Lou Fusz in St Charles Missouri.
  • howiebxhowiebx Member Posts: 20
    I could use a 3rd family car (have a teen and a wife).
    Thinking about a midlife crisis "toy".
    I liked a Spyder 4 Cyl for around 25k, with no options. Fun, easy on the eyes and even the GS has plenty of power

I am also interested in a few year old BMW 325convert.
    Also around 25k with only 13k miles - looks new.

I have been fanatically studying the boards & everyone enjoys the spyder. My only "concern" about the spyder was the constant engine sound when pressing the gas pedal, stick or automatic, 4 or 6 cylider. I welcome all opinions.
    Thanks
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Member Posts: 92
    I have driven both the GS & GT Spyders but am not sure exactly what you mean by "engine sound". Are you referring to the fact that a convertible has more road noise than a hardtop or is it a specific engine noise? My sister has a new GT (not a Spyder) & it sounds great while accelerating. I have the same basic 4 cylinder Mivec in my Outlander that the Eclipse GS models have & it sounds quite normal also. If the sound seems to be mechanical in nature I would ask the dealer to let you take an experienced mechanic for a ride & discuss it with him. He may have had some experience with other customers having the same issue. Ask to drive another vehicle other than the one you have previousely driven also & see if there is a difference.

As for the basic "should I buy" question I am a Mitsu fan so I cannot be totally objective but if you like the Eclipse in a fun to drive capacity it also makes some good economic sense with the 10 year / 100,000 warranty. I have heard some griping about certain dealers so I cannot answer for everyone but the owner does have SOME responsibility to maintain the purchase in a realistic way. Mitsubishi, like most other companies, offers a pretty good scheduled maintainance package (oil change, tune-up...etc) if you don't want to do the work yourself. BMWs are a great car too but man are they expensive to maintain at peak performance.

Unless you can get the BMW with a really good price & warranty / scheduled maintainance agreement the Spyder is a better pocketbook deal in the long run, but like I said...I'm can't be that objective about it.

P.S. If you have a teen you might just want to get their opinion too. Cool factor, sound system...etc. Don't let em say you never asked... believe me, I know.
  • howiebxhowiebx Member Posts: 20
    thx for the opinion elgatoloco.

By "engine sound" I mean that I really hear the engine when I press on the gas. My other cars are a Lexus ES and Acura MDX, which insulate you fron the engine "vroom".

I asked the Mitsu salesman about the engine sound and he replied, hey - its a sports car, thats how they are made.

What I am asking is - does the constant engine sound get on your nerves on a long ride - or do you just get used to the experience?

I Definitely agree that the BMW needs to be certified to keep maint costs down vs Spyder and my 2 boys love the Spyder looks.
    Thanks again
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Member Posts: 92
    Yeah.. I thought that was probably what you were talking about, sounds like the salesman was pretty honest too.

My sister has only had her eclipse GT (her 4th Mitsubishi) for a short time but has already made 2 trips to Florida from central Illinois. She has a kind of gonzo driving habit in that she drives straight through with an always full mug of juice or coffee. She says she likes to hear the throb of the 3.8, makes her feel safe. If she needs a change she just cranks the radio up a bit. Incidentally, she has checked her mileage out pretty good & claims better MPG when using premium. She says she averages 75-80 on the interstate & gets about 27 MPG. Much better than her previous Diamante.
  • rakelrakel Member Posts: 1
    I bought an 07 GT manual w/ sun & sound package for $23,500 after tax. got the car at invoice then 2 grand mitsu rebate and 500 graduate reward.
  • zekzek Member Posts: 2
    any heads up for a 1st time mitsubishi buyer.

it has 127,000miles on it but the care spent its whole life in miami so there is no salt or rain damage.

several ppl told me that they break down very easily, is that true and that its the most expensice [non-permissible content removed] car to maintain if anyone no's anything about that please let me know this will greatly help my disision!!!

thanks,
  • 2007eclipse2007eclipse Member Posts: 6
    I have to say I got an absolute steal on my automatic 07 GS Eclipse in Sunset Pearl but it really came at a price and my time. I got the car with 2 miles and it cost me, are you ready??? $16,400.

The dealership was having a killer sale which of course no one qualifies for and I happened to qualify for all of it, which in total was about $4500 off. They tried killing the deal several times b/c they were losing money. But I persevered and got the car. It was an absolute nightmare going through them because of the General Manager lied through his teeth, insulted me, even tried bait & switch, and then said he wouldn't sell the car to me b/c of my trade. They had a deal going on that they would give you $2,000 for any car you could drive, pull, or push in. So I knew a guy who was selling his car for $200, so naturally I got that car to trade in instead of my 99 eclipse which was worth more than $2k. They obviously didn't want to stand behind there ad, but b/c it was in the paper/radio they were really forced to. I spent a week of my life doing everything in my power to get the car, and they spent a week of there life doing everything to not sell me the car.

As a final note, The other Mitsubishi dealership by my house is great to work with, so I am not saying all Mitsubishi dealerships are like that. It was honestly just the General Manager at the dealership I went through that made my car buying experience such a nightmare. Plus when is car buying ever easy :)
  • char57char57 Member Posts: 2
    Do you have the 07 Consumer Report for the SE Eclipse?
  • char57char57 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have a Consumer Reports New Car Price Service for a 2007 Eclipse SE?
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    Why not just get Edmunds TMV for free?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• okimadokiokimadoki Member Posts: 1
    That's funny. You got yours at Lonestar Mitsubishi in San Antonio. I got mine there too. Drove all the way from Austin. I got it the end of March for 16500 in black incl. Sunroof. They were super nice and gave me great interest. Took a little negotiation but Highly Recommended
  • barbslbarbsl Member Posts: 1
    I negotiated what I think is a good deal on a new 2007 Eclipse Spyder GT with the Premium Sport GT Package and the Accessory Package. 27,584.95 for the car, when invoice according to Edmunds is 30,127 (including a $625 destination fee, which I try never to pay, which would make it 29,492). My 27,584.95 price includes a $500 college grad rebate. I didn't finance through Mitsu, so I don't really know how the dealership did it, but apparently there was "another" $500 rebate which they gave me (the only one I came close to qualifying for made me finance w/ them, but whatever). That would still put me at 28,492, so I'm guessing this dealer really wanted to push this '07 off the lot. W/ all my fees (8.25% tax, various CA fees- doc prep, license, etc.), I was at $30,150 OTD. A good deal, I think, though things did get unpleasant in the end. But oh well, as long as I find no problems with this car (and it's new, so hopefully there shouldn't be), I am all good.

My advice, find the dealer who has several of the older models on his lot (including the one car you would actually buy, so no need for dealer trade), and go from there. Of course, do like Edmunds advises, and only talk OTD numbers.

BTW, thanks, Edmunds, for all the great tips- this is my second car purchase, and I used y'all to get a decent deal both times.
  • dotbowelsdotbowels Member Posts: 43
    What should we be paying outright, 2008s are on lot
  • theguru78theguru78 Member Posts: 9
    Considering the two cars above. Need a car for 2 years and then will sell it after two years. Va beach area. Any help in terms of prices paid appericated. New to Mitsu.
    2008 Honda Accord coupe---$29000

2008 Nissan Altima coupe--$26000

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse--$25000

Base model,auto. MSRP

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• buckeye8084buckeye8084 Member Posts: 2
    My old college beater car is on its last wheel so it's time to pony up and get a new car. I'm looking at the 07 GT model with the Premium Sport Package.

I wanted to know if and how much I should expect to pay less than invoice? My wife can get me invoice pricing for any vehicle but I'm wondering if I can expect better.

Thanks in advance.
  • ke72spnke72spn Member Posts: 12
    I test drove and loved an 08 Sypder GS Manual w/leather today and was given some numbers. I didn't push too hard, since it is the beginning of the month, but think I have settled on this vehicle. They had 8 of them and Buffalo winter is just about to start = I can't imagine this is a hot item right now.

I am looking for the money factor and residual for the vehicle. As per all of your previous advice, I asked the dealer to give me a quote with only the fees down, no cap cost reduction and was quoted the following:

$27,483 MSRP
    ??????? Sale Price
    391 x 48 @ 15,000 miles per year

Cars direct has this vehicle selling in my area for $200 under invoice, so I should be able to get it for $25,795. As a side note, I was in there today (Saturday), it was 65 and sunny - you could have set a cannon off in the showroom. They didn't have another customer the entire three hours I was there.

I am going to wait until the end of the month to more forcefully negotiate. I am interested in knowing what the current programs are.
  • buckeye8084buckeye8084 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone? Please
    "...what the current programs are..."

I know the GT coupe has a $2000 rebate and I think the GS has it too. Not sure on the spyder. Have you checked here on Edmunds?

• c_viciousc_vicious Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 97 Eclipse GS with turbo from a very nice guy down in North Carolina. I paid $3,000 for it and it was a good buy. Not from a dealership obviously and i'm glad i didn't go. I saved $$$ and have a car i love.
  • ddaavviiddddaavviidd Member Posts: 2
    I am about to jump in and buy a new spyder. I want all the extras and aero kit. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay?
  • ddaavviiddddaavviidd Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone give me advice about what I should be paying for this wonderfull beast?
    I may as well chime in as I am looking to buy this month or next. 2008 Eclipse GT, base model with auto as the only option. MSRP--$25124 Invoice--$23793. $1000 rebate. Edmunds TMV after rebate--$23545. I was thinking $23000 after rebate.

I was looking at Fitzmall today and they are listing 2008's at $1300+ below invoice including rebates. This would translate to about $22500 for one I'm looking at.

What do you think?

• 2007eclipse2007eclipse Member Posts: 6
    I ended up buying a 2007 GS automatic brand new for $16,400 :)

I obviously had to work the deal, but I got it. Keep an eye out for the deals! I ended up getting $2000 off for a trade in (the car I traded in I bought for $200 & got a $2000 for it) Of course the dealership wasn't to happy about that, but I just went off the deal they were having. I also got another $2000 off for a rebate, $500 off for being a recent college grad, and another $500 off for already owning a Mitsubishi. I had to work for a solid week to get the deal b/c they were trying to not owner the deal, but in the end I was able to get the car. Basically it was:

$21,400 Brand New (automatic)
    -$2000 for trade in deal
    -$2000 for rebate
    -$500 for recent college grad
    -$500 for already owning a Mitsubishi
    _____
    $16400 off the lot (not including taxes)

Best time to buy is the spring when they are trying to get rid of the previous years version. For instance selling the 2008 models cheap so they have room for the 2009.

Good Luck & Happy Shopping!!!
  • jaredloves90jaredloves90 Member Posts: 11
    I have just recently purchase a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Automatic, Its Listed price was 21,840 for South Carolina. I talked them down to 18,999 plus 500 dollar loyalty rebate for owning a montero and plus 0 percent financing. I think i got a good deal. With my trade in i got it for 12,999. Its an amazing car
  • chompygatorchompygator Member Posts: 1
    Went to a few different dealers yesterday, finally found a 2008 Eclipse GT V6 SE in Charcoal Terra Cotta Automatic.

Great time to buy as the inventory is shrinking fast and they need to move the 08's.

MSRP : $30224
    Invoice : $28616

Got them down to $27,700 - $500 Education rebate = $27,200 + fees. I even had them throw in the Ipod adapter to seal the deal. So hey, $916 below invoice, minus $500 more for the Education rebate, and I also got the 0% APR for 60 months. So I did not take the Factory rebate ($1500). I had no trade in vehicle.

All in all, great deal, I love the car!

That looks like the Rave Red. Great color for that car.