Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    Find a different dealer. Those are incentives, not rebates. A rebate is something you receive a check for after you paid the full price, an Incentive is something that the manufacturer gives off the top of the price to help sell the product. Taxes are applied after all incentives are subtracted. I just picked up a Flex and had $2500 in incentives too, took it off the op and I paid taxes on the balance. Drawback of incentives is you cant use the good Ford credit. My interest rate on the flex was 3.9% for 66 months, so there are better rates available.

For the car though. :shades: I have one too, in the Sport Blue, and it is a SWEET ride. I am torn now between which car to drive though, the Flex Ecoboost is a Sweet ride too! I guess it depends now on which is cleaner and has more gas! :P
  • web2323web2323 Member Posts: 20
    In order to get the price (20% off of MSRP) you must finance through the dealership. Sounds as if it is flexible though. At first they were telling me 5.75%-6.00% and when I told them I was going to evaluate what type of interest rate I could get elsewhere, they changed the story to "well we can get you in the low 5's"
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    regarding interrates, currently Captial One has rates as low as 3.75%
    On Rebates you do, as Rebates usually come as a check in the mail after the purchase. Cash incentives are not rebates though, but the current list of offers are cash backs, they are treated like a rebate, taken off as a down payment, so you get taxed before they are removed. A lot depends on how the vehicle was purchased too, if an X plan, I believe the final amount is after all offers are including, and then taxed, but a normal ale, the offers come off after everything is totaled.

I think we need to look at the terminology a bit here to avoid confusion. Cash back is not a rebate, rebates are checks mailed back after the sale. Cash back can be applied right up front as part of the down payment. In all states you pay sales tax before rebates! When you go to Home Depot and buy a washer that has a rebate, you buy it, go home and mail in a copy of the receipt and the rebate form, and 6-8 weeks later you may get that rebate check. When you have a cash back offer, it is taken off right there at the register, sometimes in the form of 10% off the entire purchase, before taxes in some cases.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    I think what happens is the car has a rebate, but the dealer allows you to sign that over to them so that you do not have to mail anything in (or whatever) and wait for a check. So "cash back" is, I think, generally a rebate to the consumer but the dealer advances the cash to you and then they get the cash from the manufacturer that would have been sent to you as a rebate.
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    "I traded my 2008 Honda Accord LX "

I see alot of people on this site dumping their Accords for the Fusion. I traded my 08 Accord in for a SEL 2.5 about 3 months ago and love it. I took the rebate and was able to get 3.5% interest on a 5 year loan at a local bank. This car beats the Honda in every area as far as I am concerned and even though I was Toyota / Honda for 16 years I will never go back to them again.
    Hmm, when you put it that way it does make sense. Why it isn't listed as a rebate on the Ford site, but as cash back makes me wonder.
    Could it be that Ford actually makes a better car now? OOPS lets not let that secret get out!
    LOL, Wait, LETS!! :shades: Enjoy your new Ford, I know I am enjoying both of mine, we fight over who gets to drive which one now.
  • fusion2fusion2 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please tell me what is the deductible for your premium care ford warranty?

Thanks,

:lemon:

Ford ESP shows:

Select Your Deductible:

Deductible is the amount you are responsible for in every repair visit. This amount will impact your total plan cost.
    So I finally bought the, been lurking on here for a wihle. I was in the market for a Fusion, Accord or Camry. The Honda dealer just kinda laughed at me, gave me a "internet price" that was $300 less then the MSRP and was told that was his best deal. $21,400 for a EX manuel. The Toyota dealer was a completely different story, I was given a price that was WAY TOO GOOD to be true. LE with Sunroof and bluetooth for $20,900 MSRP was $24,900. Then Ford dealer gave me a great deal on a SE, with 6spd manuel, with Sync OTD price was $20,050 have to say I love the car, SYNC is great, but make sure you have your iPOD set up correctly. The 2.5l I4 is VERY smooth, the 6spd is good but not the smoothest. So far I'm averaging 31, I do about 80% highway driving. Glad I went with the Fusion..
  • fit_nessfit_ness Member Posts: 58
    Congratulations! I'm kicking around for a 6-speed SE with Synch and a sunroof and the appearance package. It's hard to find one to test drive with the stick. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "not the smoothest"?

Also, could you post the RPM's at 65 or 70 mph? Hoping that 6th gear has some nice tall gearing.

BTW, what color did you get?

Thanks!
    Yeah another Fusion Family member!! Go get yourself a cheap flash drive from Wallyworld and put all your music on that and use it with Sync. You dont need to worry about leaving the Ipod in the car then.
    Thank you, and I was just thinking about that. Will SYNC play my podcast too?

the Engine the 2.5L is this the same engine that is used in the Mazada 3? I have to say this engine is the smoothest 4 cyl I have even driven even at redline.
    Color is Sport Metallic blue, excellent color

Not the smoothest, its kinda notchy, but overall I would give it a 8 out of 10.

The 6spd manuel is a close ratio tranmission, at 70 in 6th the rpms are 2500. But like i have posted I'm averaging 31, BTW, the standard wheels are 17x7.5 with 225-50-17, I have michelin Pilots. The car handles EXCELLENT.. Some body roll that will be taken care of with new springs and roll bars the ride isn't harsh (I drove a Fusion with the apperance package it wasn't as smooth as mine)

The dealer in which I bought at had 2 non hybrid fusions, the one I bought the other had the package 202A (sunroof and sync) appearance package and auto. I'm glad I got the 6 spd manuel.

Good luck with your search
  • chippy7chippy7 Member Posts: 1
    19000 miles on an SE, nothing special on options. $18400 out the door, good deal?
  • 1stnewcarever1stnewcarever Member Posts: 2
    Red Candy Metallic 2010 Fusion SE (Manual Transmission)
    201A Package (SYNC, auto rearview mirror)
    Appearance Package
    Bought in Virginia in late Jan.
    OTD Price (inclusive of all rebates, tax, tags, etc., and $750 coupon received in a Fusion brochure from FordDirect)
    $19,801.25

I had to travel a few hours to find a manual transmission with appearance package, but so far it's definitely been worth it.
  • jazztpt216jazztpt216 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    Red Candy Metallic 2010 Fusion S - Automatic

$20,601
    - $2500 in rebates (college grad + standard rebates)
    - $3400 in trade for a 2004 Dodge Stratus w/79k miles
    + TTL & $115 doc fee
    ------------------
    $15867.38 total

Good deal?
  • gth743bgth743b Member Posts: 13
    I think the best you could hit is $14150 minus TTL+Doc fee. That's what I got with the USAA car buying service pricing and subtracting your trade value and rebates. Hope that helps.
  • 1stnewcarever1stnewcarever Member Posts: 2
    I realize I'm replying to my own message here, but I'm curious if anyone can tell me roughly how I did on price. This was my first new car ever (hence my username), so I tried to do the best I could but found the whole process daunting. I'm restating what I said above here, but my purchase/price was:

Red Candy Metallic 2010 Fusion SE (Manual Transmission)
    201A Package (SYNC, auto rearview mirror)
    Appearance Package
    Bought in Virginia in late Jan.
    OTD Price (inclusive of all rebates, tax, tags, etc., and $750 coupon received in a Fusion brochure from FordDirect)
    $19,801.25

I also am wondering if anyone else has the Appearance or Monochrome Package, and if so what they think about it. I think these were a 2010.5 add-on to the options for SE cars. I really like the wheels, but I don't really know exactly what they mean by "sport-tuned suspension"... and if anyone can explain, that would be great.
    Congrats, I have the same car in sports Blue and Minus the Appearance Package..

The Appearance package is package is offered on all SE and SEL for the 2010 Model Year. It has a sport turned suspension which means, the suspension is set up a little firmer then the standard SE and SEL for better handleing.

your price is a good price for that car.
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    I purchased the SE manual with Sun & Sync. MSRP was $22815 and they offered $19499 as the internet price. I had to negotiate with my trade as they initially came back with $5500 and we settled on $6500 plus I got an additional $1k for trading in a Toyota. My OTD price was $13068.71 after all was said and done.

I ordered a painted grille as I despise the chrome grille that it currently has. I like the look of the 18's on the appearance package but will have to wait till I need new tires to switch both...would have loved to have gotten the package but couldn't find a manual with either package.
    exactly what they mean by "sport-tuned suspension".

The Sport-tuned package is a suspension and wheel upgrade.

Ford installs a stiffer suspension that is similar to that used on the Sport model. It improves overall handling, but stiffens the ride. You basically get a 4 cylinder manual Sport without the trim, and 3.5 V6. The Sport model itself has a different interior, side rockers, different bumpers, Sport wheels, 3.5 V6, 6 speed transmission with manual mode shifting, it is not the same transmission as in the V6 SEL or SE. The Sport is basically an MKZ powertrain and suspension in a Fusion body.
  • titletowntitletown Member Posts: 7
    You may have already bought the car but with current incentives (rebate or financing) on a brand new basic fusion se you could probably get close to that price (though w/ new there would destination etc..) Also for the the Milan I thought I just saw a TV add that promoted $2000 and 0% for three years (if I saw that right). For a basic 4 cylinder milan - no real options (about 23,400 MSRP) and assuming one can negotiate an invoice price, then the effective price (factoring in interest savings over 3 years) would be a little over $18,000 before fees - taxes and destination.
  • sigma1914sigma1914 Member Posts: 9
    Just wanted to post my deal so others can get a feel for what is possible, at least in NC.

Tuesday I bought a 2010 Brilliant Silver Ford Fusion Sport with reverse sensing and rapid spec 401A.

Total MSRP was $28,095.00

My price with no fees: $25,473.87 - $2000 in rebates = $23,473.87

My out the door price with 3% NC Highway Use tax, NC inspection, title, tag and admin fee (yuck I know) was $24,854.64.

I went through Sam's club's dealer referral system and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. The dealership was Capital Ford in Raleigh and they were very easy to work with.
  • newowner10newowner10 Member Posts: 227
    edited March 2010
    I am looking at a Fusion V6 with 301A , spoiler, rear back-up assist (MSRP $28475) I am getting it under the "X plan"price ($26794). The payment would be $465 for 60 months including PA. 6% sales Tax. It seems to be a good deal

Now for the logic part.

I am trading in my 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS. They will pay it off ($12000) this is more then the trade in value ($10,986) ($14295 Dealer Retail) I pay $315/month with a 60 month loan currently. I have 42 months left on the loan.
    The reason we do not like the Sonata it is too plain.

If I hold on the highest depreciation will be over. But I will be driving a car that I do not like another year. If the car depreciates $1500 more I saved $2280 dollars by waiting 1 year. If depreciates $2000 then I saved $1780. There is a new improved design 2011 Sonata now so the 2010 and back may have less value

This may all come down to how unhappy I am with the Sonata. Am I missing something here? Should I attempt to get a better deal since they may be making $2000 on my trade?
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I buy Ford vehicles on the Z plan. I think that this is a fair deal. Typically when they are operating on one of the employee discount plans, they plan to make money on the trade. The only thing that they get, profit wise, on the new one is the hold-back (what the dealer gets from the manufacturer). Since you owe 42 payments, I think they are giving you a reasonable deal. Personally, I would take the deal. You are making $1,014 on the Sonata. Like you if I could afford it, I would not drive a car that I did not like. I am currently shopping for a Fusion on the Z plan. By the way, look at the recent auto issue of Consumer Reports and note the excellent rating of the Fusion.
    Thank you for you input. What may seal the deal is my wife was taking notes and She wrote "Cool Car" next to her notes. She deserves this car.
    I would ensure that you guys also do your homework on what the realistic "must haves" in a car are. Do not bend or waiver or you may find yourself with another nearly new car that you don't like. This is not to say that I don't think the Fusion is much better car, but it should be, it costs significantly more money.

Additionally, I agree that you are getting a really fair deal if the Fusion is really the car you guys want.

Good luck!
  • lvrebel85lvrebel85 Member Posts: 1
    So I have been hoping to get a good deal on a 2010 fusion with a few thousand miles on it. I live in central Texas and online classifieds/prices are listed anywhere from $14,800 to $21,000+. This price is representative of what I have seen for an SE I4 6sp auto model with 15k-25k miles. Other than sun&sync as an option I can't figure out what the deal is with the huge price gap. So my question is:

A) Whats a reasonable price for this car?
    B) How should I negotiate these prices with a dealer?

I plan on selling my 2000 camry outright since there is no way I could get $3500 +rebates for a trade on it (if I wanted to buy new that is). Any advice?
    Our 2002 Sable had the Transmission break at 102000 miles. We had the transmission repaired and re-repaired after we received it back when it was no correct. We then had the state inspection done but it needed brakes and a new springs in the rear it was adding up quickly.

We actually looked at a Fusion before we purchased the Sonata. The Sonata was much less expensive I believe that is the only reason we purchased it. The Ford dealer was not willing to make what we considered to be reasonable offer.
    Now with the "X Plan" and the 0% for 5 years it in more in our ball park.
    I would seriously search hard for a dealer that is willing to deal before I paid that much for a used Fusion. I was in the same sort of situation, I was looking for a 2009 or 2010 Fusion with less than 20k miles and I was seeing way too many Fusions approaching $20k! For that, I decided to buy brand new with a good deal.

A 2010 SE with manual transmission and rapid spec 202A would have cost me a hair under $19k with the current rebates ($2000, assuming no dealer financing). For the difference in money between used and new, I'll take new!
    Well, high resale prices on used Fusions is actually a very good thing for us Fusion owners, and for new Fusion owners. that means he depreciation on our cars, isn't as dramatic as it used to be for domestics. Hopefully this trend continues.
  • fornotfornot Member Posts: 1
    2010 Fusion Auto SE + 201
    Just got back from a test drive, I really enjoyed the Fusion but not so much the dealer experience! All I wanted was a quote from them, eventually they finally coughed up a number which they said is Ford's x-plan plus $200, is it a good deal though?

~$21,800 OTD
    about $2,000 taxes, fees

This is in the Cleveland area, I was hoping for something closer to $18.5 - $19.5k range, but is that unreasonable?
    I totally agree! Even though I came from a car with much more all around performance, I'm really enjoying the my new Fusion Sport. I am in the middle of a road trip right now.

The high resale value is another reason I decided to go with a Fusion. And this is my first american made car in over 10 years. Back then, heck even 5 years ago, I would *never* had thought that I would be driving a Ford now. So far, absolutely no regrets!
  • gth743bgth743b Member Posts: 13
    Without the cash back or anything, pretty great price.
    I am in the Cleveland area and I am in the market for a Fusion as well.

Please contact me via email and I can share some of my dealer experiences: web2323 at yahoo.com.

Thanks!
    What is everybody seeing as far as pricing goes. I'm getting X plan less $250 from just about every dealer in my area. Seems as if they won't budge off that number?

Thanks
    The Fusion is a good selling car, they move off the lot whether they give a good deal or not. If you were looking to buy a car that isn't selling as well, you get much better deals. Right now dealers are trying to get the Flex sold and are making some really good deals on them
    Going tomorrow to pick up the following:

2010 Fusion Sport - Electric Blue
    402A
    Remote Start
    Floor Mats

I'm getting it for $27,700 + TTL.
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    No special financing or deals for the Hybrid right now though, but did fairly well considering. Got a 5% loan (excellent credit) through USBank and got the car with the 502A (nav, leather, moonroof) in Sterling Gray for about $750 under sticker.

-Brian
  • jkskoviakjkskoviak Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Just test drove Fusion yesterday and Mazda 6. We asked for some initial pricing for the Fusion and was curious if this was a decent price
    2010 Fusion SE-Sun/Sync package, i-4, automatic trans. We are able to get x-plan
    MSRP-23720.00
    Invoice Price-22280.14
    Xplan price-22466.02

$2000 rebate or 0%

So basically 20466.02 with rebates

We did not negotiate at all but it seemed he wasn't budging from xplan price and indicated it was a fixed amount. I was curious if I approached without saying I was able to get xplan, if they would negotiate a better price. I live in Detroit metro area so it is pretty standard most people are able to get xplan or aplan.

Thanks for your advice.
    You pretty much set the price of the car with that dealer when you mentioned Xplan. Always keep a plan price in reserve when negotiating a car in case they aren't willing to deal on the price. Having an Xplan price in hand is a starting point for negotiations, but when you say I want xplan pricing, that is what you get provided you have a pin. I was planning on getting a PIN for a Flex, had the pricing in hand when negotiating, and found I didn't need it, the dealer made a good offer on one.
  • jazztpt216jazztpt216 Member Posts: 5
    I agree with the poster that said you made a mistake mentioning plan pricing. I made a deal at invoice on my 2010 Fusion S though the dealership's internet department.
  • jkskoviakjkskoviak Member Posts: 2
    I don't plan on purchasing from this particular dealership anyways-this was our initial test drive and we've had issues with this dealership. I was actually curious what the xplan discount would be. Now I know :)
    It is hard around this area because it is so commonplace to work, have a family member, or work for a subsidiary of auto company that more than likely you can get at least the xplan.
    Now that we know what we want, we will negotiate over the internet for sure.

Thanks
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    edited April 2010
    I am also in Detroit and I get the Z plan price. You can't bargain when you are getting one of the employee plans. Some of the responders refer to getting better deals just bargaining. I would be curious if anyone has received a better deal than the A/Z plan. Also, I have been looking at either the Fusion Sport or the Fusion SEL, but I think I am going to wait until the 2011's because, if I buy now, I will have almost a year of depreciation at the start.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter for a major newspaper is looking for a new car buyer who purchased a Ford because it did not take government money. If you just purchased a new Ford, please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by April 26.
  • beradberad Member Posts: 31
    Does anyone know if Ford is still sending out a $750 coupon if you order a brochure online? Thanks...
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    My brother just received a $750.00 rebate coupon on the last page of the brochure that he ordered from Ford online. It was for an extra $750.00 above any other rebates already offered. It was an offer to him only and expires in 1 month
  • muigi84muigi84 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a new 2010 ford fusion sel with heated leather seats for about $22,700 incl. taxes and fees + $2,500 in rebates. I live in New Jersey. I think some dealerships are more willing to budge than others, and it's also easier to negotiate/ shop on phone, which is pretty much what I did. Thought I'd get a cheaper price w/ the x plan but they were able to beat it, plus we also got a 2 yr maintenance service included.