Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

14567810»

Comments

• kbill07kbill07 Member Posts: 30
    Just purchased a brand new Red 2013 FWD Titanium. See below for breakdown:
    MSRP $35,500
    Z Plan Price $31,496
    Ford Rebate $1,500
    Returning Leasee rebate $1,000
    Final Sale Price $28,996
    Total Fees $108.50
    Taxes $2,210
    Total Price=$31,315
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    which engine?
    bad news if it's the 1.6 ecoboost!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer who considered a 2013 Toyota Camry, but ultimately went with either 2013 Honda Accord of 2013 Ford Fusion. If you fit this description, and would like to discuss the appeal of either of those cars versus the Toyota model, please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than noon Pacific, Tuesday, 3/5/13.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer who purchased a 2013 Ford Fusion after owning a Honda Accord, Toyota Camry or another car from a Japanese brand. If you would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than Tuesday, 3/5/13 at 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• bhuwan1bhuwan1 Member Posts: 3
    So what are the prices people are paying for the Ford Fusion for a 24/36 mo lease? What's the residual?
  • ma91pmhma91pmh Member Posts: 16
    Does anybody have any experience on prices paid on Ford Fusion Energi, Titanium or SE?

What are the lease rates ? (MF and resiudals)

I would imagine leases are helped by the lessor getting the $3,750 tax credit ?
    A reporter wants to talk with a Ford Fusion buyer who previously owned a Japanese sedan. If you fit the bill and are willing to share your story, please email [email protected] before Friday, April 19, 2013 and provide a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• huevosmanhuevosman Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at leasing a Fusion SE Luxury for 36 Months in Northern CA, I would like to know what the residuals should be on 10,500, 12,000, 13,500, 15,000, 16,500, 18,000, and 19,500 miles per year. As well as what the money factor should be??? I was quoted .00325 which is 7.8 percent and that seems high.......

Any help would be awesome

Thanks!!!!!!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums
  • golions1781golions1781 Member Posts: 3
    Looking at 2013 Fusion Titanium with voice nav, power moonroof,and driver assist. Dealer quote is 32000. Is that fair or should i try to go lower?
    Thanks!
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    What Color? Could add to the price of course with certain colors. What rebate is involved? Using True Car for Central Ohio location with the options you have listed I am getting a price of $30,359 which includes a $1500 Rebate. Or are you selecting the 0% financing instead of the rebate? I never get over a 3 year loan anymore and would select the rebate and pay it off early. Again the paint selection and things such as floor mats could jack the price up a bit. Is that TTL out the door price? If so, that sounds pretty good. In Ohio you have to pay taxes on everything then deduct the rebate after. Even the rebate is taxed at 6.75% where I live.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • truthseekrtruthseekr Member Posts: 5
    It has been difficult to find the realistic price for the fusion hybrid se. I am looking at hybrid se and hybrid titanium, without color upcharge (ruby red..,)
    I am now trying to find the most common build, with the features I want:
    feature - msrp
    leather and heated seats (luxury pkg505a) 2260
    My touch tech package - 895
    reverse sensing - 295
    nav - 795 (don't want, but is mostly included on builds with my other features)
    18" wheels 495 (don't want, same as nav)
    Moon roof 895 (don't want same as nav)
    I will not pay for mats or appearance package.

sub total 32835
    destination/delivery 795
    total 33630

The problem is the invoice price is no longer what we think it is. Dealers have gotten smarter. See the fighting chance link below.
    http://www.fightingchance.com/pricing.php?js=y
    There are some dealer holdbacks, but i'm not sure how to find them
    You can find out what some folks have paid
    http://carwoo.com/new-car-prices/2013-ford-fusion/philadelphia-pa - tells me that some have paid a discount of 10% or so, but rarely.
    But you cannot find the lowest possible price.
    I used to use this and other forums about 5 years ago, and I learned what the dealer holdbacks were. I'd like to challenge those out there who have used these forums (to save money) to share their advice.
    Someone out there has to help us who are trying to avoid the game and get a lower price, below "invoice" (not a feel-good, buying service price)
    Thanks so much for the link to the website fighting chance. I have added it to my favorites for future reference. I believe that since there is so much information on the web about Invoice price that Car Dealers have definitely gotten smarter on hiding what they actually paid for the vehicle. Car Dealers obviously can't give away the vehicles or they would go out of business. I know when I was considering a Ford Edge or Explorer the internet manager was automatically giving me the Invoice Price plus a rebate last year. I ended up buying a Highlander Limited and they sold it to me about $500 below so called Invoice plus a $1000 rebate. This was back in May 2012. I figure if you don't even have to ask for at least the invoice price and they are so easy about saying okay there must be a large holdback or the invoice price is an artificial number.
  • bachulawbachulaw Member Posts: 4
    Seeking some help on possible purchase of the Fusion Titanium with AWD - Resident State of New York.

MSRP - $35,580.00 (incl. destination charge)
    Options included on this "in stock" car:
    Moonroof with garage opener - $995 MSRP
    Adaptive Cruise Control - $995 MSRP
    19" Wheels - $995 MSRP

My first proposal was something like $399/mo for 39 months with 10.5k miles/year with $2,551(Taxes/fees) + 1st month + DMV fees

Today, I started emailing the Sales Manager and have now gotten a bit lower proposed lease contract.

36 months at 12k/yr with $390/mo - drive-off costs total $1983.78 + 1st month + dmv
    Cap Cost of vehicle = $34,528.00

How are these figures comparing? Any help would be most appreciated....Thank you
  • seiowacloneseiowaclone Member Posts: 3
    I will be buying a 2013 Fusion tomorrow, MSRP is $ 31,651, I found the vehicle in Columbia MO, and will be paying $ 25,544, this price includes trading in my sons current vehicle, which they are giving me $1500. The Fusion has the 1.6 ecoboost engine, leather, passing warning system, navigation system, back up camera and moonroof. Think I got a good buy, only time will tell.
    Sounds like a very good deal based on the msrp. What package did you get? The 502A? I take it based on the engine it was a loaded up SE. Did you consider the Titanium since it comes with just about everything and the 2 liter ecoboost and duel exhaust. Would have run about the same list price. I am jealous. I have 2009 SEL V6 with only 55k miles and we just bought a 2012 Highlander limited a year ago. I want a new car but it would be crazy to trade the fusion. Plus I don't like to have 2 car payments. Got 22 left on a 36 month loan left on the Toyota. Enjoy and let us know what you think in 6 months.
  • seiowacloneseiowaclone Member Posts: 3
    mtnman1, it has the 502B package, I did not spend much time looking at the Titanium versions, they were priced two to three thousand dollars higher here in the midwest. We ended up with Ruby Red, and tan interior, makes for a sharp looking car. Was a joy to drive home from the dealer, but it was a 250 mile trip. We got a better price, because one of the salesman had been driving it back and forth to work, it had 483 miles on it. The 2 liter version does not get quite enough gas millage for me, I drive about 84 miles a day, country driving and wanted the best gas millage possible. I was surprised that the 1.6 has as much get up and go as it does, but the car was doing 80 with ease on the way back home. I looked at the hybreds, and a salesman said the if you are doing mostly country driving he would not recommend the hybred version of the Fusion, the engine is recharged by braking, like you would do in town, not in a rural area.
  • jpg007jpg007 Member Posts: 3
    Folks:

I have negotiated a price with my local dealer of $31,266 + $249 = $31,515 for a Sterling Grey 2014 Hybrid Titanium (no other options). This is less than the suggested True Market Value (TMV) price of $32,704 for this vehicle, but I'm wondering if others have done significantly better. I'm itching to finalize the deal but would appreciate any and all input and/or advice. Thanks.
    I looked up that vehicle on the TrueCar website and it says you should be able to get that car for $30,800 before a $1000 rebate here in the Columbus, Ohio area.
  • jpg007jpg007 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. There is a rebate on a 2014? I know there is a rebate on the 2013 ....... I have been told a number of times that is not true on the 2014 models.
  • vsmfgvsmfg Member Posts: 3
    Here is what I was offered today.
    2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium -
    MSRP - $35,900
    discounted to $34,171
    $1000 cash incentives
    $1000 incentive for having competing brand lease car(my wife's' car)
    Final sell price - $32,171
    Fords current lease offer on this car is horrible. 56% residual value and 6.5% interest, which makes 36 month lease payment of $540/month. I guess Ford does not want to lease these vehicles. That's concerning...
    Anyway, I walked away from this deal. Out the door price including taxes was $35,000.
    I thought it was way too much money for a car with unknown residual value after 5 years. I'm most likely going with the Passat TDI SEL...
    Sorry bud. I didn't read close enough that you were looking at a 14.
    Why is it concerning that Ford doesn't want to lease a brand new car right now. Each Car maker has a different sales strategy at different times of the year. That price they are quoting is for a car that is just showing up on the lots. This is a bad time to buy a 2014 when they are still clearing out the 2013 I would think. Maybe you should look at a 2013. Same car different year.
    It is concerning that Ford want me to pay 60% of the car value within 36 months. They are basically telling me that the car will be worth only 40% of its original value after 3 years. I cant buy a $35K car with unknown resell value. Also, I was considering 2013 model only.
  • gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    Ford is trying to sell 300,000 Fusions a year, somebody must be buying them besides rental car fleets. Anyone have any current deals to discuss?
    Got a deal done today
    2013 fusion hybrid titanium
    MSRP - 35,900
    Final sell price - $31,671
    The car will be delivered to the dealership tomorrow.
  • vols44vols44 Member Posts: 3
    Bought my 2013 SE yesterday. Came with 205b equip pkg, touch/tech, nav, reverse sensing, red clearcoat. MSRP, 29300, paid 25,900. Took the 500 rebate and 0% @60 months.
  • vservser Member Posts: 48
    How do u like it so far?
  • asr515asr515 Member Posts: 30
    Does anyone have any recent buying experience on the SE Hybrid? I'm looking at a Ruby Red, 502a pkg, nav, 18" wheels. Best price so far is $29,741 on a MSRP: $33,520. This includes the $500 rebate and $1000 rebate for having a non-ford leased vehicle in the household.

Ford is offering 0% financing on the Fusion but not the Hybrid -- anyone have any ideas as to whether they'll be offering the 0% financing on the hybrids for December?

Thanks for any advice!
  • gahdnahgahdnah Member Posts: 1

Just purchased 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD in Central Mass. Sticker price was 37410 - Basically the car has all the options except moonroof and park assist. Dealer came down to 31660 before trade including all Ford Rebates. Trade was another 6K which was more than I felt the car was worth, so all in all I felt is was a pretty good deal. Out the door at 25660 before tax and plates. Had the car for a couple days...drives great no complaints.

• gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49

I'm in MA too and recently picked up a 2014 Fusion SE Hybrid. I live north of Boston but purchased from a dealer in New Hampshire.

A very easy deal to negotiate. MSRP was $31,845, I paid $27,075 after rebates and they gave me a very fair value on a low mileage 2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE wagon that I traded in.

• benrey23benrey23 Member Posts: 42

@mtnman1 said: Anyone remember the smaller dealerships. If there are any, there will not be soon. Owning a franchise dealership is very expensive. Yes there is HOLDBACK. Do you realize sales people do not generally get paid on holdback. Every vehicle on a dealers lot has a average of $16 to $28 daily interest per day. HOLDBACK is to help offset the holding cost of interest for each vehicle. If there was not manufacturer dollars for that then dealers would not order near as many vehicles for the lot which means less selection and choices. Maybe it is an inflated figure. That depends on your idea of what true cost is. There is extra cost in each vehicle such as holding cost, advertising cost, materials cost. I could continue. Now the invoice is a true number. The dealer has to sell the vehicle before the manufacturer will credit them the holdback amount. Everyone assumes the dealer is making out like hogs selling new cars. That is so far from the truth it is funny. Yes there are incentives for dealers on a quarterly basis but they have to earn it by having good CSI, and selling a certain amount of units. The real money that is made is from service, loyalty, referrals, repeats ect. The average profit made on New cars in the US is 4% after holdback. 4% is not that much considering the huge investment a dealer makes and has to maintain.

Thanks so much for the link to the website fighting chance. I have added it to my favorites for future reference. I believe that since there is so much information on the web about Invoice price that Car Dealers have definitely gotten smarter on hiding what they actually paid for the vehicle. Car Dealers obviously can't give away the vehicles or they would go out of business. I know when I was considering a Ford Edge or Explorer the internet manager was automatically giving me the Invoice Price plus a rebate last year. I ended up buying a Highlander Limited and they sold it to me about $500 below so called Invoice plus a $1000 rebate. This was back in May 2012. I figure if you don't even have to ask for at least the invoice price and they are so easy about saying okay there must be a large holdback or the invoice price is an artificial number.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

Every vehicle on a dealers lot has a average of $16 to $28 daily interest per day

This is wrong... by a factor of 5-10. Even on the low end of $16/day, that would equate to nearly 20% APR on a $30K vehicle...

Yes.. every business pays interest on money they borrow to finance their inventory, but it's nowhere near that amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2014

"_aid: Anyone remember the smaller dealerships. If there are any, there will not be soon. Owning a franchise dealership is very expensive. Yes there is HOLDBACK. Do you realize sales people do not generally get paid on holdback. Every vehicle on a dealers lot has a average of $16 to $28 daily interest per day. HOLDBACK is to help offset the holding cost of interest for each vehicle. If there was not manufacturer dollars for that then dealers would not order near as many vehicles for the lot which means less selection and choices. Maybe it is an inflated figure. That depends on your idea of what true cost is. There is extra cost in each vehicle such as holding cost, advertising cost, materials cost. I could continue. Now the invoice is a true number. The dealer has to sell the vehicle before the manufacturer will credit them the holdback amount. Everyone assumes the dealer is making out like hogs selling new cars. That is so far from the truth it is funny. Yes there are incentives for dealers on a quarterly basis but they have to earn it by having good CSI, and selling a certain amount of units. The real money that is made is from service, loyalty, referrals, repeats ect. The average profit made on New cars in the US is 4% after holdback. 4% is not that much considering the huge investment a dealer makes and has to maintain.

Thanks so much for the link to the website fighting chance. I have added it to my favorites for future reference. I believe that since there is so much information on the web about Invoice price that Car Dealers have definitely gotten smarter on hiding what they actually paid for the vehicle. Car Dealers obviously can't give away the vehicles or they would go out of business. I know when I was considering a Ford Edge or Explorer the internet manager was automatically giving me the Invoice Price plus a rebate last year. I ended up buying a Highlander Limited and they sold it to me about $500 below so called Invoice plus a $1000 rebate. This was back in May 2012. I figure if you don't even have to ask for at least the invoice price and they are so easy about saying okay there must be a large holdback or the invoice price is an artificial number."___

I don't know how this comment was connected to me but I never made it. BenRey how did you manage to quote a comment I never made?????

• livinlifenyclivinlifenyc Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    One of the cars that I am considering to purchase (or lease) is the 2016 Ford Fusion SE or Titanium AWD.

I'm looking for something that is basically fully optioned - Navigation, Driver Assist, Moonroof, etc.

Here's the sticker for a vehicle I'm looking at that's MSRP $33,790. What would be a good price (or lease) for this?
    http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0T97GR162286

This is my first time getting a car so I have been trying to educate myself on these forums.

The other options that I am looking at are a Subaru Legacy and a CPO Audi A4 Quattro. I know the A4 isn't in the same league but I'm trying to justify whether I can splurge on a luxury sedan if the CPO price is not too far from the price of a new Fusion or Legacy.

I know the Accord is a dependable winner in this segment but I'd like to avoid that if I can because where I live, every one in two cars is an Accord - no joke. I hate to conform and want a car with some more personality.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Build your car using the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page. Check Edmunds TMV price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator