Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
Tell us about purchasing your new Fusion!!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• texasmarktexasmark Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a White SEL with sand colored Leather and SEL Premium package. Sticker was 23,650 and I paid $21,867. It had $500 rebate plus $500 for finacining with FMCC and dealer came off sticker $783. I went in expecting to buy at $500 off before rebate and finance cash because of demand here in DFW. Their orginal shipment of 4 came in late friday afternoon and they sold 1 saturday I bought the 2nd one at 9 this morning and they sold a 3rd one around lunchtime today. Interestingly, just as I had just made my offer on this car, a group of Mercury people from their Mercury dealership pulled up in a charcoal Milan with Black leather. I will say this, I like the Fusion exterior styling better but the black leather interior on the Mercury is very eye catching. The Mercury uses chromed accents in their interior and combined with the leather i can't imagine a better looking cabin. The only thing that kept me from driving directly to Mercury was the $4,500 difference in Price. It was a Premier edition that also included ABS, moonroof and several other options I believe. Both cars will be good sellers for the Blue oval I believe.
  • alman08alman08 Member Posts: 282
    did you buy a SEL with 4 cyl or 6? thanks.
    and congrats on your new car :shades:
  • fordfaninbowiefordfaninbowie Member Posts: 34
    I purchased my Fusion from Preston Ford in Preston, MD. I believe I got a great deal, since I wanted to be one of the first to own in the Washington, DC area, I bought Preston's first, and only, Fusion they had on October 4, 2005. It was a black SEL, V-6, with charcoal interior. Every option was included, safety and security, SEL Premium, moonroof, heated seats, ABS, traction control, leather, and the Audiophile sound system. MSRP was $26,445 which is what I paid. BUT, I got what I owed on an '02 Mercury Mountaineer (owed $17,400, got $17,500, KBB says trade-in worth $14,300), plus I got the $500 in bonus cash and the $500 Ford Credit Cash. I loved the first pictures of this car when they came out, I love it in person, and I love driving it. GREAT JOB FORD!!! Thank you Preston!
  • ajever1ajever1 Member Posts: 7
    We just purchased & registered the first Fusion in NYS!! We had been waiting for this vehicle...I was driving a CHEVY! We purchased it from FUCCILLO FORD in Adams, NY! They have been great to deal with (pricing and friendliness)...the best "BLUE OVAL" dealership that I know of! We've purchased 5 trucks from them & now, with FORD stepping up their line of sedans, we have our first FORD sedan! We purchased the V6 SE Model (we have 2 young boys)...I am very pleased with the power that this small V6 has! It has enough interior space for the family and, the trunk storge is unbelievable! The folding seat will not be used in my vehicle however; for families without a pick-up...it's a nice feature! The exterior is excellent...especially the grille!! WAY TO GO FORD!">
  • tabsfusiontabsfusion Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL. It is silver with grey leather. It is loaded!! Everything you could want, it has it. I absolutely love it. My dad has always been a huge Ford fan, but I really couldn't care less...until now. My mom has an 04 Taurus and it is slick and loaded, but it has nothing on my Fusion. She used to have a Lincoln LS and I still like the look, comfort, ride and all the extras better on my car than her LS. I think Ford did an excellent job this time. Very classy, yet sporty....and just all around fun to drive. Best investment I have ever made in a car. I couldn't be happier with it. :shades:
  • raftraft Member Posts: 1
    could you please tell me how much you paid for the car and the options?
    thanks
    eric
  • ajever1ajever1 Member Posts: 7
    We purchased the SE model with basic options included for around $20,000.00 Automatic, power windows,locks,seat, tilt/telescopic wheel, V6. Next one will have fog lamps...it's a nice look on the car in my opinion. If I wanted to wait I could've had an SEL model for around the same price. My employer also has an employee discount program which meant that we were not able to "toy" with the pricing too much! GREAT INVESTMENT REGARDLESS!!!
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    I traded my 2000 LS for a SEL V6 Fusion with every option and while I love it there's no way it compares to the LS in comfort, noise, amenities or handling. It does have more interior room.

BTW - I got the 2nd Fusion that my dealership received (first one hadn't sold yet). Fully loaded SEL V6 w/every option (sticker 26,445) for $23413 after rebates (no documentation fees or other dealer charges are allowed under X plan pricing). $25K out the door tax and everything.
  • jimargejimarge Member Posts: 9
    Not sure what you mean by "no documentation fees or other dealer charges are allowed under X plan pricing", however, I have not bought a vehicle yet with my X plan. Just looking for a little advice before using it.
  • rory308rory308 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my new fusion on saturday. Its an SE with the V6. Its white with the tan leather interior, power moonroof and 6x disc stereo with 6 speakers. MSRP was $23,370 and I received the two $500 dollar bonuses plus through my work I received the x-plan discount and ended up paying $20,700 before taxes. Thus far I love it.
  • green2gogreen2go Member Posts: 14
    I bought a loaded SEL -- leather, moonroof, heated seats, audiophile, safety equipment, traction control -- for about $22,500 using X-plan. My advice is to use www.forddirect to locate dealers that equip vehicles the way you want. For example, I wanted the ABS and side air bags and some dealers order most of their vehicles like that while others skip it. Forddirect gives you an idea of what's on the lot but it's not totally reliable. Any dealer will easily give you X-plan pricing (approximately invoice) minus the incentives on a vehicle they have or can get in trade from another dealer. But if the car you want is on their lot, they may go below X-plan. That's what happened for me. I was looking for a pretty basic Fusion, but I ended up with all the gizmos at a good price. Love the car! It's a pleasure to drive and ride in. We're getting used to those heated seats really fast in this cold spell!
  • dadsjkdadsjk Member Posts: 1
    HI documentation fees of $160.00 and a rewards fee of $100.00 makes FORDCITY of Bordentown n.j. a place not to buy your next ford.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A magazine reporter is hoping to talk with some Fusion owners. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, March 29, 2006 containing your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience with the vehicle.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • mattnday1mattnday1 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a Fusion SE - With Auto and Sport Package - Sticker - $19800 for $14999 after rebates.

THe second option wat $15499 but with 0/.9/2.9 for 36/48/60

Dealers was Michael Steads Hilltop in Richmond Ca.

Dealer was great to work with and we are very happy with the vehicle
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    I'm thinking of going to this same dealer for the Fusion. What were the exact rebates or rebate you received? Was this price before the destination & other fees, or after?? If I go there, what sales rep did you work with?? Appreciate your help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• seekingbargainseekingbargain Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I just got a 2006 Fusion SE 4 cyl auto with sport package. The lease is for 3 years 10,500mi/yr and $222 with nothing out of pocket. Was this reasonable on A-plan?
  • mojo_lomojo_lo Member Posts: 18
    mattnday1, could you let us know what the price before rebates was, and which rebates you qualified for. i believe i only qualify for the $1000 customer rebate.

also, do you know of the current factory to dealer incentives that are going on?
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    Looks pretty reasonable - what was the net price and residual?
  • seekingbargainseekingbargain Member Posts: 3
    net price was 16921.74 inc taxes, fees, etc after $2000 in rebates.
    residual was 10494 after 36 months and 10500 miles/yr
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    I don't know what options you added but the invoice price and MSRP are respectively, $16,525 and $17,900 for the base SE. That works out to a 58% residual assuming no other options/upgrades i.e. the car loses 42% of its value over 3 years. For a Ford, I think that's a great residual. I have a roughly 50% residual on my Zephyr, albeit after a 39 months (almost the same as 3 years!).
  • pdxtauruspdxtaurus Member Posts: 16
    We just bought a "titanium green" Fusion S with side air bags and antilock brakes at Dick's Mackenzie Ford in Hillsboro, OR. Didn't need anything else, and didn't want to pay for anything else. We used forddirect.com to search the inventories of the 30 closest Ford dealers to find what we needed (it's tough to find the car that has what you need and doesn't come with a bunch of extra stuff).

We used invoice as a baseline because we'd been offered another Fusion, with what we wanted but also with some extra stuff, at invoice.

edmunds said the invoice was $17703, but they showed us the invoice, which was $17975. Since the car was the only one within 40 miles that had exactly the options we wanted, we were willing to go a little over invoice. Because we'd been quoted invoice for a Fusion earlier, they were willing to give a little from their opening "fleet" offer of $200 over invoice plus some phenominal fees. Between the "regular price" ($18075, $100 over invoice) and the "doc" fee ($50) and the "electronic filing fee" for the registration ($25), we were at $18150 ($175 above invoice) before rebate.

With the rebate, it was $17150 (plus real fees) for the car.

They gave me $500 for my trade in, a 1993 Taurus wagon. Really, I don't think I could have expected more.

Overall, I think it was a good deal for me. I was out the door for less than $17k for a safe, fun-to-drive midsize sedan with the features I wanted. And the dealership came out okay too.

I highly recommend using forddirect.com to search dealer inventories for the car you want before going to buy. It can save a lot of contention with the dealer trying to sell undesired features.
  • theumptheump Member Posts: 13
    I to have purchased a Fusion SE 2.3/5M(SE Sport Pkg/Safety/security Pkg) .I tried to locate on forddirect the exact spec's of what I wanted on my car,but I could not find what I was looking for.I ended up getting close to what I wanted though!.My Fusion listed w/pinstriping @ rear spoiler for $19960.With rebates and a 3yr. maint. pkg(free oil changes @tire rotations every 3k) + TTL out the door came to$17088.I must say this is one sharp ride!!People stop and stare at this vehicle...FORD has a HIT with this one!!!!
  • snowman89snowman89 Member Posts: 36
    I have an offer on the table for a Fusion SE with 2.3 auto, sport pkg, antilock brakes, side air bags, and engine block heater. They will sell at invoice (19500+/-) less the 1000 rebate taking me to 18500, and ad the ridiculous 97 paperwork fee, but I talked them into 2 free oil changes instead of the usual one. They had to locate this vehicle (and drive 240 miles to get it) for me as 06 Fusion's are getting hard to find around here, especially with the limited options I wanted. The 1.9% 48 month financing is awesome, too.
    Any thoughts or feedback?
    :) Sounds like a really good deal!!.I say go for it!! :)
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    I'm a-plan also, do you know what a 4 year lease worked out to be?
  • fritzyfritzy Member Posts: 12
    I saw an ad in the Denver Post for a Ford Fusion S for $13,688 plus 0% financing and $0 gas til 2007. I've always been skeptical of these advertised prices. But, I went for a test drive and sat through all the rigamarole with the saleman and salesmanger to see what price I could negotiate. It turns out that the $13,688 price did not include the 0% financing and $0 for gas. You could have a $1000 rebate for the gas and a $1000 rebate instead of the 0% financiing. $13,688 was the price if the dealer keeps all rebates totaling $3000. They wanted to add a dealer doc and handling fee of $499- but I pointed out that it was not disclosed in the fine print at the bottom of the ad. I had the ad with me. They agreed to waive the dealer D & H fee.
    I elected to go for 1.9% financing for 48 mos. and have the dealer keep the other $2,000 in rebates for a price of $15,188 before tax for the basic Fusion S manual with no optional equipment. The dealer would only offer this price on the advertised unit, a titanium green model with the camel interior. I made an excuse that I had to get back to the office ( after 2.5 hours ) and left before signing any paperwork. Back at the office, I went online and emailed another dealer. I told them that I had negotiated a pretty good deal with another dealer, but would prefer another color. I immediately got a call from Broadway Ford in Denver. They asked me what they offered me and said they could sell me a silver frost Fusion S with medium stone interior for $14,988 with 1.9% financing- all in a few minuets, not hours of negotiation. So I bought from Broadway Ford in the first week of July '06. The terms were $0 down and $335 per month for 48 months. I sold my 1997 Jeep Wrangler on craigslist two weeks later for $7,900. After driving the Wrangler with no A/C and no roll- up windows, the basic Fusion S is a dream car! I have to roll down the windows ( oh yeah, the S has power windows ) at 65 mph just to remind myself that I'm not sitting in my living room!
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    I'm looking for the same deal, A-Plan also...do you know what 12 or 15k miles a year added onto that?
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Member Posts: 758
    That was indeed a great deal. I believe your price was below invoice, plus the financing rate was way below market rate. How was it possible? I'm in the greater Seattle area looking for a base S model. Thanks.
    You should be able to come within $500-$600 of the price I paid. Ford is still offering 0% financing for 36 mos. and 1.9% for 48 mos. in addtion to a rebate of $1,500. Go to: http://www.fordvehicles.com/incentives/ to see the deals in the Seattle Area. Manufacturers have narrowed the spread between "invoice" and MSRP, but I think there are other incentives and payments that dealer receive. You can find a dealer's new car inventory on their website. Find a dealer with a basic Fusion S and email them about the car. Do all your negotiation by email and don't appear too eager. You're going to get a better price on a vehicle that's in a dealer's own inventory. Once you negotiate a good offer, email the other Ford dealers in your area, and ask them to beat your present offer. You should be able to do everything by email and phone. When I picked up my Fusion, all I had to do was sign the paperwork, about 30 min. tops on a holiday. You can even go to the Ford website and apply and be approved for financing before you negotiate your deal. They may try to add a D&H fee to your negotiated price, but make sure that it is included in your total price. Your target price should be about $15,400. I picked up a set of 16" Fusiion alloy wheels with tires (only 25 miles on them ) from a tire dealer on Ebay for $215 plus $110 shipping. Good luck and have fun playing the dealers off each other.
    Thanks! But according to Edmunds, one can only take either the financing deal or the cash rebate and not both, no?
    email a local dealer and ask them to claify rebate and financing offers on the Ford website: http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/incentives/offers/results/index.asp?mode- l=Fusion&year=06&zip=80439
    Let me reply to my own posting. The financing is even better now than in July. Ford offers 0% for 36 mos., 0.9% for 48 mos. and 1.9% for 60 mos. I believe that the $1,500 rebate is in addition to the low interest financing. The stand alone rebate has increased from $1,000 to $1,500 but they removed the free gas til 2007 or $1,000 cash offer. That would be equivalent to $500 more than my purchase or $15,488. I must say that when I got my best offer, the other dealer was incredulous and would not counter. $15,488 would be $329 per month for 48 mos. My payment ($335 on $14,988 @ 1.9% for 48 mos.) included 2.9% sales tax, which is very low because I live in an unecorporated area of a low tax county. So your payment would be higher if you financed the tax too. I put $0 down. http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/incentives/offers/results/index.asp?mode- - - l=Fusion&year=06&zip=80439
    Why is it so hard to find a base S model with the security and ABS packages? I live in a big metro area and there's none around here! Does Ford figure people who buy the base models are so cheap that they don't care abour safety? On some vehicles there's side airbags but no ABS?? Who cares enough to get the side airbags and yet doesn't want basic ABS? That's just dumb packaging.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    On some vehicles there's side airbags but no ABS?? Who cares enough to get the side airbags and yet doesn't want basic ABS?

I've seen them with side airbag, no ABS, and a sunroof. I thought that was a strange combination. I agree that it would seem sensible to just package ABS and side air bags. It won't matter in the 2007s, as side air bags will be standard.
    Does anyone have any guess if Ford will increase the rebates after the current ones expire? There seems to be a lot of 06 inventory left in my area. I wonder if I should wait.
    My guess is you may be able to make your best deal after the '07s arrive- Rebates will depend on nationwide unsold inventory.
  • neile457neile457 Member Posts: 65
    Just bought an 06 S with auto and safety package for $18100. Took the 0% for 72 months - can't beat that! :blush:
  • otopsotops Member Posts: 13
    I've been in the market for a new vehicle for the past couple of months. Having said that, I've been reading all over the web trying to retain and research as much as I can. Which has allowed me to add and subtract makes and models leading me to my final selections: Acura TL, Hyundai Azera, Mercury Milan and Honda Accord V6.

After many long, hard decision-making sessions I've decided on a Milan V6 Premier with all features except the heated seats and the Audiophile stereo addition. The 0% is a very sexy financing program.

I have a few questions for all of you...

I currently have a 2000 Mercury Cougar with 121000 miles. There are a few dings on the exterior and a few minor + blemishes on the interior. My plan is to get whatever I can get out of it via trade-in. Would you do the same? I have been the sole owner of this vehicle.

According to the sticker, the MSRP is 25,575. What kind of final price should I be anticipating (post negotiation)? I have failed to locate a good site of people reporting on how much they have been paying.

Lastly, is there anything else I should know before I go and test drive the car tomorrow morning?

Thank you ahead of time and sorry for being so choppy.
    :) There is a website called "fusionunleashed.com",on the left hand side there is a listing under the site navagation that say's order guide&prices.You'll need to register also but it has the milan price list that you can look at that will give you actual dealer cost for all the options that you want on the car and there cost!.Hope this helps you out ;) (the milan is one sharp "RIDE')
    I have compiled a price comparison chart for a Milan Premier V6. I have it loaded with every feature possible. The first set is the websites/dealers sticker MSRP. The second set is the dealer's cost minus holdback. How likely am I to buy this vehicle for the final price of the last set?

Base MSRP: $22,845

Options:
    Premium AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 6-Speakers - N/C
    Power Moonroof - $795
    Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) - N/C
    Traction Assist - $95
    Audiophile AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 8-Speakers - $420
    Heated Front Seats - $295
    Safety & Security Package - $595
    Comfort Package - $595

Colors:
    Exterior Color: Tungsten Grey Clearcoat Metallic - N/C
    Interior Color: Dark Charcoal - N/C

Destination Charge: $650
    Total MSRP*: $26,290

DEALER’S COST MINUS HOLDBACK

Base MSRP: $20,095

Options:
    Premium AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 6-Speakers - N/C
    Power Moonroof - $668
    Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) - N/C
    Traction Assist - $80
    Audiophile AM/FM In-Dash 6-CD/MP3 & 8-Speakers - $353
    Heated Front Seats - $248
    Safety & Security Package - $500
    Comfort Package - $500

Colors:
    Exterior Color: Tungsten Grey Clearcoat Metallic - N/C
    Interior Color: Dark Charcoal - N/C

Destination Charge: $650
    Total MSRP*: $22,444

Should I go in armed with this info and tell them that I will take one if they can cut this deal for me? Again, how likely will it be to execute such a scenario?

Again, thank you ahead of time.
    First off....DO NOT go in demanding this price!!!!I've always gone in armed w/ all the info that I could find and first off get my trade offer "FIRST" then started the negotiations off buy saying that i've researched this vehicle via internet and/or talking with other F/L/M Dealers and OWNERS I've e-mailed(people who've bought) have gotten a few quotes around 21.5K-22.8.Dealers are reluctant to surrender holdback but they can if they chose to do so....it depends on other factory to dealer incentives as to how much they surrender.BUT this being the end of the month you are mor apt to get a sweet deal! ;) Good luck and report back :shades:
  • luvmbootyluvmbooty Member Posts: 271
    Sent faxes and e-mails to 20 different dealers in my area. One quoted at $18,150 with automatic transmission, safety and security package, ABS, and SE Sport package.

I wanted the 0% financing for 72 months. Quote went up to $19,150 because rebate isn't offered with financing. After NY State tax if figured I'd pay $274 a month. I let it go. I feel I let a good deal go.

What other manufacturer besides Ford has offered 0% for 72 months? How often does it happen?
    Sounds like a very good deal if you ask me!! ;) I'd call them back and try and make the deal! :D:D
  • dlangdlang Member Posts: 59
    As a 3x Mercury Sable owner, the Milan is not upto previous Mercury standards which seem to be dwindling over the the last 10 years as Ford desperately tries to stay solvent.

If you live in an urban area with streets that may have potholes, uneven surfaces, bumps, etc., make sure you test drive Milan on that, not smooth highway, The car shakes and loses road grip on less than perfect road surfaces.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large local newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently purchased a Ford Fusion, Milan, Five Hundred or waiting to purchase the Ford Edge. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 6, 2006 by 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information.
    2006 Milan Premier

WINDOW STICKER

Base MSRP: $22,845

Options:

Power Moonroof $795
    Safety & Security Package $595
    Comfort Package $595

Total MSRP*: $25,480

DEALER’S COST

Base MSRP: $20,095

Options:

Power Moonroof $668
    Safety & Security Package $500
    Comfort Package $500

Total MSRP*: $22,413

BOTTOM LINE with 7% TAX, TAG, TITLE: $23,803

Was unable to remove the ADMIN. FEE of $595.50.

To top it all off, I took advantage of the 0% for 72 months.
  • snowman89snowman89 Member Posts: 36
    :):) Way to go...you won't regret it! Now keep us posted on how things go for you.
    That's awesome ! :shades: (otops) :shades: Keep us updated on your experiences w/your Milan!!!!!!
  • kemikemi Member Posts: 2
    The local dealer has a 2006 Ford Fusion V6 SE - pretty loaded - power sunroof, ABS, Traction, safety & security package. MSRP is $23,355. They actually offered the vehicle to me for $21650, which is a little above invoice. However, the day I was going to finalize the paperwork, the dealer advised me that the vehicle I was about to purchase was damaged to the tune of $2500 in transporting. It apparently had damage to the roof and broke the sunroof. My question is what is a good negotiation price for this vehicle? They have repaired the roof and replaced the sunroof and are willing to guarantee the work for 5 years. What would be a reasonable offer for me to make for this vehicle? Any advice would be appreciated.