Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jsherm007jsherm007 Member Posts: 12
    :mad: My dealers, two in Minneapolis owned by the same guy, gave me the exact same 'aggresive pricing' of $3000 off MSRP on any IS250. I even emailed the sales persons and offered them $250 cash to give me their absolute lowest price as an incentive - still $3000 off from each of them. I would rather pay them some cash, make negotiating easy, versus them trying to hold $1500 gross to net themselves $300 commission @ 20%!

With sales down 27% on IS250's I'd expect some better pricing, not ~$1200 over invoice (not sure of exact 2009 invoice yet) but 2008's had about $4k in markup.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I think a salesman would be fired if he was found to have taken an under the table kickback. It would also be illegal if they didn't report the income to the IRS, and might be illegal in some states.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Maybe it's a kickback, or just a gift? When I sold cars people gave me stuff, granted not valued that high though. Plus any gift under $10k doesn't need to be reported to IRS I don't think. Anyway, it was just an idea that I thought would persuade the salesperson, it didn't. But a dealer in my home state of OH is more than willing do deal, but that just means I have to wait till Thanksgiving to get the car now...

It just doesn't make sense for a dealer (in this terrible market) to take no deal, instead of a small deal...
  • emedwayemedway Member Posts: 17
    I've read a few posts suggesting folks bought these off eBay at $200 with a face value of $750 and that dealers accept these as a form of payment on your purchase or lease of a new 2008/9 Lexus. Does anyone know if these are truly legitimate and if any Lexus dealer as rejected these as a form of payment?

thanks
    Dealer here in MN is at $32,813 for IS 250 AWD, preferred accessory option, and the premium package. How am I doing? :confuse:
  • lex08islex08is Member Posts: 1
    3000 off an 09 IS is a great deal... dealers in my area aren't coming down more than 2700 and I've shopped up and down the coast. However, I want a rare color combo which no one has.
  • wontonboiwontonboi Member Posts: 2
    Do you know if the IS 350 has a timing belt or chain? I just asked the local dealer about it and they say the 2006 IS 350 has a timing belt.
  • BrownsFan42BrownsFan42 Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on how much cash we'll need to put down to get a lease payment at $350/month on a 2009 IS250? Sticker price is $36,300; 15K miles/year. Thanks in advance!
  • nic6200nic6200 Member Posts: 2
    Just came from the Lexus dealer here in Vegas.. Also go to AutoBuy Guide on the net ar even Edmunds and the MSRP is $32, 325. Brand new, no milage..Check around - you are paying too much
  • dmb2427dmb2427 Member Posts: 5
    I just got a quote from a dealer in Delaware for an 08 IS250AWD MSRP of $41220 the car is the test drive car and is fully loaded. They are willing to go as low as $35402 does anyone think it should be lower?
  • Twiga83Twiga83 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm looking for an IS250 AWD w/ Navigation in the Philly area and this is what i've been quoted by dealers so far:

Dealer 1 (Too Far)
    2009 Lexus IS 250
    Options: HID headlamps, navigation, premium plus package, & preferred acc. pack.
    Color: Red
    MSRP $39,795.00
    Our Internet Price is: $36,126.00

I have received other prices from dealers with Navigation + Premium package for $35.9K and $36.9K..What price should I be aiming for? I will be leasing
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    I'd like to get an IS 350 soon. Hope to seem some more posts from people in the market for that. This post I'm replying to dicsussing $2700-$3000 off seems to be a good indicator of what I can aim for.

A bit about where I am in my desire to purchase an IS (for anyone who's interested) - I'm still a little hesitant on getting an IS in general. When I first got an IS 300 a few years back, I loved it and thought it was the perfect car. but after the redesign, I've liked it a bit less. Ideally, I'd like to get an IS F, but that's just way too high.

But even with me being hesitant on the IS, there really is nothing else for me to consider in the entry-luxury market. I definitely don't want German because of maintenance otherwise I may consider a 3-series or an Audi. I know they have free factory scheduled maintenance promotions and stuff these days, but I worry about problemts outside of warranty (which could happen) and once I pass the 50k mileage mark. My current 2004 Accord is already at 120k+ miles so I intend to put a lot of mileage in my new vehicle.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Why not a G35? Much more car for the money then a IS350. If you are going to pay cash, or have your own financing a G35 can be had for about $4000 below invoice. If you are going to lease, or want to take advantage of their .9% financing its about $1000 below invoice.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    hmm.. I know that's a valid suggestion, but to be honest, I've never really been a fan of the G35 though. Maybe I'll look into it though. Thanks for giving me your feedback anyways. I'm sure that info will be helpful to others if not me.
  • jrynnjrynn Member Posts: 162
    " I definitely don't want German because of maintenance otherwise I may consider a 3-series or an Audi."
    I liked my Acura TSX and would recommend it to someone who wants a $30,000 sedan, but it had more (and more expensive) problems in the two years I owned it than the BMW X3 that replaced it has had in the past three years. That may not indicate what the future holds (beyond 4 years, 50,000 miles), but at least at the outset, Germany/Austria beat Japan in my recent experience.
  • leeinlaleeinla Member Posts: 14
    Looking to lease this car for 12K miles per year , 3 yr lease, and navigation is a must.
    I am in the southern californina area. I got a quote $377 out the door with taxes, $2999 down. What deals are people getting out there?

What are people paying cash for the car in ca out the door?

The tax in ca is 8,25%.

Thanks,

Lee
  • leeinlaleeinla Member Posts: 14
    Toyota is losing money. You can't get a good return on your money in the bank.
    The MSRP on this vehicle with the NAV option is around $34K according to Edmunds. Is it possible to get this vehicle out the door for $31K CASH? Let me know? Sales people are pushing to close the deal in December. After December the drive off will increase, that's what one sales person told me. I am not in a hurry to purchase right now. I can wait a few months. I think it is an amazing car. I tend to keep cars for a long time.

Thanks,

Lei
    I'm mainly searching right now for a used IS-F and trying to see what kind of price I can get it at. I also mentioned before (in the post I'm replying to) that I'd like to consider a new IS 350 too. Here are very first quotes I got on the IS 350. Seems they are going for invoice, at least from the Lexus dealer I spoke w/ in New Jersey. The thing I needed was Navigation so we started with that. There are two IS 350s for the color I Was interested in:

One has the luxury package: w/ HEADLAMPS WASHERS 9510A, NAVIGATION SYSTEM ,TRUNK MATS, PARK ASSIST, WHEEL LOCKS
    MSRP: $44,391/selling price: $39,165.

The other one is the Sports Package:
    HEADLAMPS WASHERS, REAR LIP SPOILER, NAVIGATION SYSTEM INTUITIVE PARK ASSIST, PREF ACCESSORY PKG
    MSRP $44,590/Selling price: $39,302.

Will post more numbers as my search goes on.
  • happyyikhappyyik Member Posts: 5
    Just got a fully loaded 09 IS 250 for $500 a month with 12K miles per yr.
    I just got a full load IS 250 Sapphire Blue with HID ( they don't have that option anymore when I try to build the car online). 3 yr lease for $500 a month in CA.
    I guess about 3k to 3.5k
  • my3sons3my3sons3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interest in buying a new 2008 Lexus IS F and would like to know what other people have paid in relation to the sticker price. I live in the Northeast, if that matters.
  • dmoeller17dmoeller17 Member Posts: 13
    i was at a dealer in houston that has 2 is-f's and they said the last one sold for msrp and they are not really discounting them cause of the demand in this local market. they purposely limited the supply to some markets where it would be a big seller.

this is all dealer talk but i'll tell you at 2pm the dealer was pretty empty last saturday.
  • goooals11goooals11 Member Posts: 5
    What dealer in Ca?
    These aren't my preferred colors, but the price is better than the 1st round of numbers I posted:

IS 350 #1 MSRP: $44,342 Sale Price: $37,450 + tax/tags/$98 processing
    HW Headlamp Washers
    LT Prem Luxury pckg w/ 18" wheels
    NV Navigation System
    PA Parking Assist
    Z1 Preffered Accessory package (wheels locks, trunk mat, cargo net)

IS 350 #2 $45,106 Sale Price: $38,250 + tax/tags/$98 processing
    HW Headlamp washers
    LT Prem Luxury Package w/ 18" wheels
    LM Trunk Mat
    LR Rear Lip Spoiler
    NV Navigation System
    PA Parking Assist
    WL Wheel Locks

I told the guy who gave me the first round of pricing about these prices and he made it clear he could match them (I believe he has 7 IS 350s w/ Navi sitting at his dealership).

None of these IS 350s have the Mark Levinson Sound system though - I'd like that if possible.
  • alexis4alexis4 Member Posts: 3
    Definitely look on Ebay, if only to get an idea of what's out there and what prices are fair. There are a lot of new 2008 and 2009s on Ebay because everyone is trying to get rid of their inventory. www.lexusenglewood.com
    Thanks for the advice. Here's the only completed listing on a new 2008 IS 350:

Lexus : IS 350
    2008 LEXUS IS 350 SEDAN SPORT PKG W/NAVIGATION IS350Location: Chicago, Illinois
    mileage: 143
    (Best offer) $38,597.00
    Dec-19 14:11

This one seems a bit modified though:
    Dual Sport Exhaust, ISP Mode Wheel upgrade <-- these are extra options right, even on top of the sports package. What kind of value do these have?

There's an IS 350 I like in Jersey which has the Sports package (every other one seems to have Luxury only) but I'd like to know what a good price is to aim for.
  • PrettyshellsPrettyshells Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a 250 w/Nav and a few other options from Superstition Springs Lexus in Mesa Arizona.

MSRP 380045
    CAP cost 34230
    Residual 20924.74
    Money Factor .0010
    36 month, 12K miles per year
    $2500 down
    Payment $458 per month.

Happy new year to me!
    I thought I'd post an update:

I Had a chance to visit two Lexus Dealers today in the DC area. One of the places was the one who I had my best internet price of $37,450 e-mailed to me from (a first round price that was given). This one was a silver/Tungsten one w/ Luxury Package (which has Navi), Parking Assist, Headlamp Washers, and Dealer Preferred accessories.

After test driving and talking, I got them first down to $500 off, or free XM, and then it become $500 off AND XM. Seemed like there might have still been room to negotiate, but I didn't have any sort of bottom number so it could only go so further.

Then I went to the other dealer and the perk of them is that they had two IS 350s both with the Sports package. - a silver/Tungsten one and a Smoky Grey one. The smoky gray one was the preferred one, but it had a spoiler that I didn't care much for. The best they were going to do was beat the other dealer's best price of $39,950 & XM installed by $100 on this (Slightly) more expensive one.

Both dealers said they would not give me these prices after today. Let's see if that's the case.

Now I'm going to e-mail my best prices to the remaining dealers in the area and see who'll beat it and by how much. If the difference is minimal (within a couple hundred), I'll buy from one of the places I've already visited.

I really want that Smoky Granite Mika one though. That's my perfect car. pretty much all other dealers around here have the same silver/tungsten build w/ luxury package.
  • SkyTribeSkyTribe Member Posts: 3
    Went to 2 dealerships in Seattle area over past month.

1st seemed uninterested in getting any vehicle other than what was on there lot, didnt have any brochures.

2nd did a testdrive but price seemed on the high'ish side and could either get an in-stock color and qualify for december to remember financing or they could source a vehicle in color for even higher price and no financing.

Contacted them by email 3 times since test drive to see if they wanted to discuss further letting them know where I was coming from but "No replies".

I think the Lexus dealership in area arent trying to make sales - they are just trying to sell what they have.

If I'm paying this much money I want the color I want.,,,, Anyway, the didnt make a sale because they didnt bother getting back to me. But if anyone knows of dealership out west with a Truffle Mica / IS250 AWD who is looking to make a sale....
  • GamusGamus Member Posts: 13
    Been looking at 2008 IS250 here in the Bay Area and the dealership here seem to think 2008's will hold their values with the 2009's out already. The best price I have gotten from a local is 35K OTD with Navigation, which seem awfully high for a 2008! I countered at 31K OTD, was countered they only sold for profit!! Understood but this is a 2008.

Plus their inventory seems to grow every month with 2008's coming into their lots.

What have you guys been quoted on 2008's?

Thanks
  • 1260112601 Member Posts: 10
    Got my '08 250 in Sept. for $32,500 OTD with Nav, HID, premium package, 18" wheels. I'm on the east coast. Price achieved after 2 days of negotiating. Was told by sales manager they LOST money on the deal. Doubtful.
    Thanks 12601, for the info as that is exactly the same package I was looking at and offered them 32K OTD and they told me they are losing money at that price, but figured with 2009's out, market adjustment for a older model year and the fact the cars are not exactly flying out the door that it was more then a fair price.

The funny thing was it was same car they had on their lot since late November and it is still there and they still aren't budging on price and they post 2008's on Ebay with a buy it now around 37K plus tax and lic.

I guess I will wait for the current promotion of 0.9% to end and see if there is a new promotion to blow out the 2008's.
    Gamus,

You had suggested that their could be a better promo coming than their current .9% financing promo. What are the odds of that because from what I understand, their current 0.9% financing ends on 1/5/09 so I was making it a goal to have that as my last day to pick out my IS 350. Between now and then, I'm shopping around my lowest price ($36,850 w/ XM included - rear spoiler, sports package, Parking assist, and dealer preferred accessories) to see who can beat it. But if there's a chance for something better the next day, then I won't set myself a hard deadline.
    Srivi1,

I want the 0.9% promo also before it ends, but with that promo, i just think Lexus, doesn't want to "lose" money and has been quoting $500-$1000 over invoice. It has been difficult to negotiate the OTD price ( at sub 35K OTD), since they started that promotion but then again I am firm with the price I want to buy at 31-32K OTD. (realistic or not but from the above post I am in the ballpark for a 2008 IS250). I even offered 33K OTD at one dealership and was told by the sales manager they only sell at profit. So I left after 30 minutes.

Also, in response to Lexus dealerships and email quotes they are very bad communicators of email they rather call and call and pretend they only got a request you are looking for a car and calling to verify model and package and even after all that they don't email any numbers.

I am only speculating there might be a "better promo" later to get rid of the 2008's, by no stretch do I know that is the case. Lexus Sales off by 30-40% compared to last year and the 2008's backed up with more 2009's on the way something has to give.Reading through the Toyota buying exp, and seeing those models sell at or under invoice why would I pay over? Or another way to think about it - when the 0.9% ends for the 2008 models, how are they going to market 2008's against the 2009's models? Or if the 0.9% program is not giving them the sales volume they need what is next?

I might be screwing myself by not going for the 0.9% but it is just does not make financial sense to buy a 2008 near 2009 prices with only the 0.9% incentive, which does not address the depreciation of a 2008 model. That is my stance on buying in this economic climate.

I will go back today and see if they are in the mood to take 32K OTD!
  • SkyTribeSkyTribe Member Posts: 3
    I would tend to agree that in current economic climate that they will have to come up with additional promotions, more aggressive pricing. Being offered a IS250 AWD without Nav for 38500 OTD does not seem a great deal by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm too found that getting email price quote from dealers was like pulling teeth. They all want you to go in or to talk to you on the phone. How simple can it be to give a quote - plus they know where the quote request is coming from (so they should be able to see what that web site - such as Edmunds.com is saying is TMV price)

I'm not trying to stop someone making a profit on the deal but hey, with the internet we all know what the invoice pricing is and we all know how dealers make money on deals - so telling us they dont make money on deals is total BS, or going through the haggling process.

They are in the business of selling cars, if they dont make a deal that would have made you some profit ( albiet smaller) and additional thorugh manufacturer cash back and after sales service etc. and the customer walks away - they have made Nothing.
    It seems like you might be taking a bit of a gamble by waiting past the December to Remember event, but I think it's a safe gamble - they have to do something to get these 2008s out of here. I'm a bit confused though - Gamus & Skytribe - are you guys looking for an 2008 IS 250? or the 2009 IS 350? Is the 0.9% financing only on 2008 IS models? or on 2009 also?

I believe that the 0.9% financing ends on Monday but I wonder if the dealer incentive of $2k ends then too.

Here's where I myself am:

I think Monday is when my purchase is going to go down and I think I'm down to two dealers who I have to choose from. I'd like to gamble with you guys and hold out, but we need a car pretty soon anyways, I'm already $2k+ I think below invoice so I think I'm hitting my discount ceiling. Another reason is that I keep spending so much time emailing and shopping around that whatever further I can push, it probably isn't worth it for the time and effort I'm putting in.

Lastly, my selections are starting to get a little limited -

Of the 7 dealers in my area, 1 dealer doesn't have a new 2008 IS 350 anymore, the other 2 only have a modified one each that are pretty hooked up beyond my price range, and the 4 remaining are what I have to work with.

You both talked about e-mailing Lexus dealers being annoying. I've had decent luck with most being cooperative, some being difficult. One dealer has been very exceptional and gave me my best price at the start. When I went in to see her, the deal was better. And I really liked her attitude.

The problem is that she has the 2008 IS 350 w/ Luxury Package and I really want the Sports Package. The only dealership that has that has been a bit of a chore to communicate with and I REALLY don't want to reward them with my business - but they have my preferred car.

I met with these people on New Years, they beat the first dealer by a decent amount, but I still walked because I wanted to be sure on the price. Now I'm pretty sure so here's my final move:

I'm waiting for confirmation from the dealer w/ my preferred car to get back to me and tell me they will still honor the deal that I didn't take in their dealership when I went in ($36,850 w/ XM included). The deal was a deal that would expire if I left so... let's see if they really meant it.

If they say they will, then I'll shoot an email to dealer that's been good with me and give an extremely low (but not insulting) price (if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know). I'm going to pray that they don't accept this price so then I don't feel bad for going w/ hard-to-work w/ dealer #2 and getting my preferred car.

If they do accept the price.. :confuse:
  • drseifdrseif Member Posts: 8
    Any thoughts on this offer before I let it pass me by after Monday? This is a 3-yr lease with 10K/year; Cincinnati, OH. No special package other than wood grain interior trim upgrade.

09 IS 250 AWD
    MSRP $36,329
    Selling price $33,508+acq fee of $700+Saels tax $1,043=$35,251
    Residual = 56%
    Gross Residual=$20,344
    Money Factor=.00111
    Lease payment ($0 down) = $476

They tell me this is the deal of the year but it doesn't seem so great to me. However not sure that they discount the Lexus line too much. Any thoughts on this?
    Just came back from Lexus of Silver Spring after having purchased my 2008 IS 350 in Smokey Granite Mika w/ Grey Interior. Options included the Sports Package (which has Navi), Rear Spoiler, Headlamp Washers, and Preferred Accessory Package. Final price was $36,850 w/ XM Radio Installed (looking at the breakdown - it's $36,255 for the car + $595.00 for the XM to be installed). THE MSRP was $44,650.00 on the car. I'm not sure what the invoice is - I want to say around $39,xxx?

It was tough not going with the other dealer who had been really nice and upfront with me from the start, but 1) she didn't have my preferred car, and 2) she said that she couldn't do any lower on the price. So for the same price, I'd rather go with my preferred car (the IS 350 I went with was in the color I preferred and had the Sports Package).

I took advantage of the 3.9% financing for 60 months. I'm so glad this is over. I could have held out longer if I wanted to, but this was my preferred car and around the area, all that are really left are 2008 IS 350s in Silver/Tungsten w/ Luxury Package.
    Congrats on the purchase!

As for me, I am still holding out on the 2008 IS250 - and using the IS350 as a guideline of 36,850 makes me feel that my price is fair 32.5K.
    Thanks Gamus. You sure you don't want to step up a few thousand and grab the IS 350? What's the price difference usually between an IS 250 and IS 350?

Remember, with the price I've posted of $36,850 - a portion up to $595 of that is XM. And as I mentioned in my last post, if I could be flexible on the color and package (Silver/Tungsten w/ Luxury Package), not grabbed one w/ a spoiler, etc, I think I could have pushed this down another grand. I just really wanted the sports package and the Smokey Granite Mika color.
    Gamus, this is geared a little more to you since the price you want to pay is so close to the potential price of an IS 350 - but this advice can be helpful to anyone.

I posted earlier about my 2008 IS 350 purchase today (err.. yesterday, it's past midnight) for $36,850 w/ XM included. It's in Smoky Granite Mika w/ Sports Package (which has Navi), Rear lip spoiler, parking assist, headlamp washers, and dealer preferred accessories.

I mentioned there that there were some other 2008 IS 350s still around in the DC area, but they were all in Silver/Tungsten w/ Luxury Package so I decided to get my preferred car.

Well, when I e-mailed the other dealer I was talking to (Lexus of Annapolis) to let them know that I was sorry, but I went ahead with the sale at Silver Spring because they had the car in the color and build I preferred (it was a nice e-mail because Lexus of Annapolis had been really friendly with me and I really did want to buy from them if I could have)...

.... Lexus of Annapolis replied and said they're sorry it didn't work out too, but they were willing to go as low as $34,500 for getting rid of their 2008 IS 350 Silver/Tungsten w/ Luxury Package.

I still dont' feel too bad because I did prefer the Smoky Granite Mika color and the Sports package - and had been waiting to buy this car for too many years to not get as close to what I wanted as possible - but if anyone likes the Silver Tungsten color w/ luxury package, I suggest giving a Lexus of Annapolis a ring.

I posted this over in a couple of my.is threads too - hopefully I can help save someone some money:
    http://my.is/forums/f101/left-over-08-is350-pricing-373991/#post5674674
    http://my.is/forums/f101/2009-350-purchase-377523/#post5674664

Maybe I can help save someone some money (plus, I want to see if the Dealer really would be willing to go that low because when I had spoken w/ him face to face, it seemed that we weren't going to be moving past maybe another $500 or so under $36,950 w/ XM included)
  • nguyen918nguyen918 Member Posts: 3
    So I am looking to buy and IS250, there isnt much of a difference between the 2008 and 2009. Currently this is my deal.

MSRP is $33935.00
    Their offer is $29,500

The car includes tinte windows and a clear bra on the front bumber along with the Lexus package of HID lighting.

The car is a smokey granite with black interior. I am located in Oklahoma and the car is nearly 600 miles as well. Also, I am not financing the car either.

What do you all think?
  • lasersamlasersam Member Posts: 5
    MSRP 35,850
    0 down
    0 security deposit
    0 first pmt (35pmts for 36 months)
    +tax and registration.
    Any good?
    Leasing newbie in Roch NY.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    What's the payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lasersamlasersam Member Posts: 5
    woops-
    $399/mo
    2009 IS250AWD
    I just bought a 09 IS250 with 16 miles for 35,650 OTD with Nav, Premium package,preferred accessory package and 18" wheels upgrade. Everywhere else they quoted 34.5K plus tax and lic and reg. I don't know if this is a good deal but for the 08 IS 250 with Nav, I was quoted 35.2K OTD and passed on it. So for about 500 more I got a 09 model.

I think you can do better esp if the car you are being quoted has 600 miles and it is a 08. Work with the internet dept and grind them down as they are more interested in volume.
  • nguyen918nguyen918 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. I meant the car is 600 miles away from the dealership, they are doping a dealer trade to get the car. The car is brand new and has like 10 miles on it.
  • aldytaldyt Member Posts: 6
    Gamus, congrats on the car. May I ask which where did you get that deal?
    Aldyt,

I bought this is the Bay Area in Nothern California. I had been looking for one since November 2008. Couple of things that almost made this purchase impossible: One, very few dealers respond via email or even give quotes. Secondly, I even went through Costco and got 34K plus TTL and last of all even showing up in person to did really nothing to improve the opportunity as they all politely told me to take a hike at 32.5K OTD for just NAV. So at 35Kish for the whole package I guess it did not seem unreasonable and like I said 08 was 35.1K OTD.

Here go my tips on buying a Lexus, no expert but this is my short experience with it. If you get a dealership to respond via email, keep the correspondence going regardless of where you are at in the buying process and continue to assure him it is going to happend ( you buying the car) but are hung up on pricing and avail. Keep grinding the price down when you have his attention and hold a "no profit or a loss" price point as they will keep telling you, you arent even close. When he understands you will be buying soon because you are indicating through your emails that you want to close he will get more agressive; at the sametime I went to different delaership to throw out a OTD price to gauge their reaction to see if I was close. I never was close when I went in person. This is when I got fed up with the sales cycle and told the internet guy we are not even close and told him to give me a realistic price that would make me jump into my car and close it today. He gave it and we grinded it down some more, not much but still and then made real agressive phone calls to see where the deal was since some dealership had my contact already. No dealership would touch his price and were holding their ground at 34.5K plus ttl. even though I said I would buy it TODAY. So done deal on my end with the internet guy. Lots of stress as once they throw out a price , they give you til end of day to close-makes you feel you have to close it, but he had done it before and I never jumped. That's what I felt, horrible feeling even though you might say they can do that price anytime.

The dealership said they lost money on the deal, but they have to move a set amount of cars a day. So look or try to deal with a large dealership who can take losses in today market to survive and possibly look forward to larger allocations of the IS convertible that is coming out where they can make money on. Non volume dealerships are a joke to deal with as they want to maintain 2007 margins in today's market.

Even now, I don't even know if I bought at a good price but it is done and can live with it.