Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    The money factor is provided by the finance company (Lexus/Toyota). You really need to read up on how a lease is calculated before jumping into one. I told you not to buy on lease payment, and all you provide is a lease payment and ridiculous down payment as your quote. Car salesmen love it when all you ask for is a payment. Go back to square one and ask for the selling price, not a payment.

That's a horrible deal because you do not put $3000 down on a lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • fancynancyfancynancy Member Posts: 2
    Did you find a deal in the South Florida area? If so, could you share.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Member Posts: 2
    Could someone advise me.... I negotiated a deal today and need to decide by the end of the month...Lexus IS 250 without navigation. Negotiated price 30K. Lease payment will be $439- including taxes/36 months/12K miles per year.

Is this a decent deal??
  • claymattclaymatt Member Posts: 2
    I am on the verge of wiring funds for a new Lexus to an out of state dealer, when he tries to pull out of the deal we've agreed to. He cites Lexus corporate policy to not sell to clients from other states. He says the reason is that Lexus wants clients to have the "Lexus Experience" and pick up new cars from the dealer, rather than buying and shipping.

If this is true, then the "Lexus Experience" stinks. I can only get the configuration I want from out of state. I can’t believe that Lexus’s focus on customer service would mean that a customer couldn’t get the car he wants. The “Lexus Experience” has got to be better than Ford’s old “you’ll get what you want as long as its black.”

Have you experienced this? Is Lexus corporate forcing their dealers to not serve distant clients? Or maybe my dealer got cold feet?
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    Something seems off with those numbers. You need to find out what your MF is. I live in CA (9.25% tax) and am leasing a IS250 (with premium, navi, 18" summers) for $415.17 per month incl. tax on a selling price of $32,448. I put down MSD to bring down the MF, but still, considering your selling price is $30k your payments should not be higher than mine.
    I have a 2009 IS250 with premium, navi and 18" summer tires. That's the car your boss wants and is the most common configuration with navi in SoCal (MSRP $37,656). You do not need all wheel drive in CA unless she's going to be driving to Big Bear to ski, which I highly doubt since she isn't even researching a car on her own. The navi and backup camera is the same system. You cannot get one without the other. Read back through the pages of posts on here over the past few months and you can see what I and others in So Cal have paid for our IS's and what dealers we have gone to.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I know that Lexus offers official F-Sport performance parts for the IS, so I thought that I would share this new 20% discount coupon for purchases of any F-Sport accessories that recently came out here. The coupon is valued at up to $2,000 (20% of a $10,000 purchase) and valid only during the month of July. If anyone's interested, I can e-mail them a .pdf or a .jpg file containing the actual coupon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • goldenone23goldenone23 Member Posts: 5
    can you email me the coupon goldenone23@gmail.com thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Check your e-mail!

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lizard5lizard5 Member Posts: 1
    where did you get this deal
  • kickazzz2000kickazzz2000 Member Posts: 17
    Sounds like BS to me.

What about people that live in a suburban area in one state right across the border from a metro area in another state? Technically that would be an out of state purchase too. Dealer probaly found a buyer (sucker) to pay more than what you had negotiated.
  • GCN71GCN71 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for a new 2009 IS 250 AWD with Nav in the Washington, DC area - any help on finding the best price?
  • rstegmanrstegman Member Posts: 1
    I was looking to purchase the IS350C with Premium and Nav packages. Made a deal for $1500 off MSRP via email in the evening with Internet Manager, JF, at Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo. The next morning I drove 100 miles to the dealership only to find the car had just been sold. If an agreement made over the Internet cannot be honored by the dealership, they have no business selling cars over the Internet. Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo is an embarrassment to the Lexus name. Caveat emptor.
  • hesaidhesaid Member Posts: 16
    I hope you gave them an ear full. I know some people gets deals by working with email but I think that you always get the best deal when you are there in person and there is less possibility of them trying to dupe you in some way. When I tried an internet deal once the dealer and I agreed to an OTD price (w/ tax, tag, title) - when I got there they told me the price we agreed to didn't include tax, tag, and title. It was a real bait and switch scheme. I started to walk but they convinced me to stay and I ended up getting the deal I wanted - just with a lot of additional angst. I have yet to do business with a scrupulous dealer. Every single time I've bought a car something unexpected happened - something that would benefit the dealer. So now when I walk in to a dealership I know my maximum price, I know I'm getting everything in writing, and I know that I'm not going to spend more than 2 hours there. I levelset them up front. If they balk then I walk. I can tell if they want the business almost immediately. Fortunately, I live in an area with a lot of dealers so it makes things much easier.
  • tyler70tyler70 Member Posts: 82
    I dont know if the lexus dealers have as many IS 350 as they do with IS 250 because if they do, you should be able to get a much better deal at many dealers than $1500 off the MSRP. (i assume you were getting 2009 ).
    today I got a a couple offers on the IS 250 and they are apprx $1000 - $1500 off the INVOICE. I offered them $2000 off invoice and I there is a chance I might get it next week. they are trying to get the car and color I want. I want RWD IS 250 with nav + premium + HID lights + 18" wheels (actually i dont want 18" but they came with it) and all the accessary. MSRP is apprx $38700, and invoice is apprx $35000 and I offered them $32500.
  • nkim20nkim20 Member Posts: 2
    32500 before tax and license? wow...is this in California? I got 37475 out the door for same package (RWD IS250 nav, prem, HID, 18 wheel). Before Tax is 34068.

does this sound on par? Also got quoted without Nav just Premium Package for 34699 OTD 30495 before tax and license.
    You have a lot of work to do on those numbers. That's REALLY high. I got the exact same car WITHOUT HIDs (MSRP $37,656) for $32,448 + TTL back on March 26 in So Cal. There's absolutely no reason you should be paying more than $33,000 + TTL for an HID car.

I mean, think about it. They gave you $30,495 for the car WITHOUT nav, but nav sticker is only $2550 so you should still be at $33k for the nav car. Invoice on nav is something like $2200. You definitely have at least another $1k to $1.5k to shave off that price.
  • nkim20nkim20 Member Posts: 2
    Well Nav car forces you to get HID 18" wheels, plus HID

so we do car at 30495 + 2100 for Nav + 700 for HID + 700 for 18" Wheels. That puts me at 33995 plus TTL puts me at 37395 OTD. Which is about 80 bucks off their price. I agree it feels high, which is why I'm having a hard time biting on this number, but it seems to be ok according to the numbers from edmunds.
    yes, this is California. I am not sure if they will sell at 32500, but i am sure they will sell at 33k, and yes, this is before tax and lic fee...
  • vaskinfanvaskinfan Member Posts: 2
    I have located an Obsidian Black 350 in VA Beach that has a MSRP of 43549.00...Has anyone bought one lately and how much of a deal do you think I could get on this car ??? Do you think I could get a better deal in Northern VA where there are multiple dealerships ???

Thanks !!!!!!!!!
  • joe1023joe1023 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought IS 250 2009 RWD Automatic with Nav+18" Wheel+HD lights+Premium plus package+IPOD integration kit+rear spoiler+Wheel Locks for 35900 out the door with 2.9 % APR. Do you think it is good deal?
  • zunk76zunk76 Member Posts: 2
    I have had dealings with Fleetrates and am happy to see that they are now under investigation for "irregularities" involving credit card fraud among several other fraudulent acts. There have been countless complaints lodged with the Better Business Bureau and several states attorney's general. It's about time these crooks were stopped.
    what is your price before tax and lic and fee?? or you can tell me what your tax % and fee are?? I just looked at one exactly the same options as yours and I could not get it lower than $33500 + tax + fee. they dont have the color i want so they will call me on friday. what city are you in?? I think this is the best deal you can get. the invoice for this vehicle is $35129. I am going to go with 36 mo for 0.9% finance. thanks
  • joe1023joe1023 Member Posts: 2
    Price before tax and doc fees was $34300 and I took 2.9% for 60 months.So if you r getting at $33500 then thats awesome deal dude....
  • chromes030303chromes030303 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all members,

I am looking to get a new 2009 IS 250(I believe its a base model)...Here is what the internet manager quoted me so far please tell me if its a good deal or not?

Car has 18"wheels but no HID lights..

INVOICE=$30,802 plus $449 package A,taxes,title,tag,and a $489 documentation fee. Out of door price is $34250..just emailed me w/ that price...
    (Package A is some DataDots thing)..

Can I go even lower?

Thanks
  • penonepenone Member Posts: 11
    Hey all.

Was quoted - get this - $ 41K for a IS250 awd w/nav and lux/prem in NYC area. When I told the salesperson that I was looking to pay a whole lot less than that - around $36K or so she said that was way below her invoice price. I went ahead and got the TMV via edmunds and it shows it at $ 36341 with the options I'm looking for. Am I doing something wrong? Granted, this is my first car purchase in a loooong time and first time I am financing but the salesperson did not know that.
  • coolbreeziecoolbreezie Member Posts: 6
    About to pull the trigger on this car and wanted everyone's feedback on if I'm getting a good deal or not. TMV doesn't let me configure the preferred package and rear lip spoiler but its in the "good deal" range on truecar.com.

2009 IS250 RWD - Automatic w/ Preferred Accessory Package (w/ applique), 18" Alloy Wheels, and Rear Lip Spoiler. Smokey Granite w/ Black Leather Interior

MSRP $34705
    Invoice $31553
    Offer $31500

Dealer fee is $359 / Tax is 6% making the out the door around $33900 after tag and title. Please let me know your opinions, it's going to be my first car purchase ever!
    I think you can do better. I got a 2009 RWD IS250 smokey granite on black PLUS premium package, navigation, and 18" wheels (preferred accessories is standard on 2009s so that makes no difference in price). So basically the same car you want except I got mine WITH premium and navigation and not with a spoiler (personally I don't like the spoiler) and I paid $32,448 (MSRP $37,656) -- so less than $1000 more for premium AND navigation (navi alone is $2200 or so invoiced). And I got my car 4 months ago. You should definitely be able to get the car you described for much less considering your configuration and the fact that the 2010s will be out soon (the ISC's are already 2010s). It sounds like the only option you're adding to the car is 18" wheels and a spoiler. That invoice sounds way too high for that. If you have a Costco membership, use their auto program, the participating dealerships will show you the invoice price on the car.

Also, what is the dealer fee? Is that like just the document fee? If so, you're being charged about $300 too much for that.. sounds like they're adding money on the backend.
  • coolbreeziecoolbreezie Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the feedback.

I priced it out at Costco and am seeing an invoice of $31184 (Just added Pref Acc package, 18" with tires, and rear lip spoiler).

Priced out at Truecar.com (same config) shows and invoice of $31613

---

Currently I have the dealer offering me invoice pricing on the car and knocked him down a bit. I don't know how I can get, or if I can get him to bring me down another 1k =(.
    Think twice about getting the 18" wheels/tires, I know from experience. The soft tires that Lexus puts on wear out very quick. If they last 20,000 miles you are doing great. Then you have to plan on $1000 to replace them, and it you want something quiet plan on much more. My wife complained about how loud her car was after I put new tires on it. She told me I bought cheap tires, yea cheap tires at $1000.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • timlamtimlam Member Posts: 2
    1) Hello. I'm new on this forum. I live in Massachusetts and there is a 5% tax (soon to be 5.25%) which equate to roughly $1650 in tax on the Lexus IS 250 AWD. When people express the term "Out-of-door" price, it means state tax is included in the total price, correct?

2) I received a quote for the 2009 IS250 AWD (MSRP $34.9K) with spoiler, weather mats, and preferred accessory package. Note there is no navigation. The dealer quoted $33.0K as out-of-the-door price. Is this a good deal? If not, please provide your out-of-the-door purchase price.

3) Realistically, I want the 2009 IS250 AWD (MSRP $34.9K) with navigation. Please let me know what is a great out-of-the-door price for this vehicle with navigation at this time.

4) If you are in Massachusetts (or New England in general) and you have received as awesome price for 2009 IS250 AWD with navigation, please provide the dealership and salesperson information.

Thank you so much for your help. P.S. I really need a car as soon as possible.
  • dhakadhaka Member Posts: 4
    Hi all members,
    I am in NYC
    Was quoted - get this -37400 for a $ 40.340K IS250 awd w/nav and lux/prem in NYC /NJ area. I told the salesperson that I was looking to pay - around $36K+ TTL -- trying to negotiate. any body got any deals lately?
  • GCN71GCN71 Member Posts: 9
    penone -
    Is that out the door? GCN
    need help .please advise if it is a good price. planning to pull the trigger in two days
    The MSRP for the IS250 AWD with Premium Plus Package/Navigation no spoiler is $40,610.00. Selling Price: $36,939
    Sales Tax: $3093.64
    DMV: $292.50

Total Out the door: $40,325.14
  • vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    Anyone buy or looking to buy a 2007 IS 250 awd? Looking for prices paid in NYC area for car with nav.
  • daveisdaveis Member Posts: 5
    Bought one yesterday in Boston area.

IS250 AWD with LD package (Memory seats, HID, rear sunshade, rain wipers), PT option (ventilated from seats), navigation and some preferred accessories package which included trunk mat, wheel locks and a cargo net... also had headlamp washers.

$36,500. Note that you should just get the TMV from edmunds and add a couple hundred dollars for advertising fees. That should be your target. Aim a little below invoice and let your salesman go to work for you.
  • hoinoyhoinoy Member Posts: 10
    Please help, I was quoted $32,890 (online advertised sale price) for IS 250 RWD w/premium plus package and a "preferred accessory package" that costs $210.

MSRP: 34,190 (includes destination) +210
    Invoice: 30,857 +210
    Quote: 32,890

How low should I start my opening bid? 30,000?
    many thanks
    bought one july 31st.
    IS250AWD OBISIDIAN/GREY
    MSRP-40,410
    selling price-36250
    invoice-don't know
    paid doc fee-$300 but i think it was just a trick. i wanted to drive out with the car so i didn't haggle for $300. the car was for my wife.
  • mimitsaimimitsai Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to purchase the 2009 IS250 automatic w/ navi, premium pkg, 18" Alloy and HID, but most of the dealers are not budging for an out the door cost of $36,425. I was wondering where did u get your deal with? I live in So Cal. Please help!
    I can't tell what kind of deal you're getting unless I know the selling price. The out the door price includes taxes, fees, etc so it's just not good to compare numbers that way. You may be able to deal better on a car without HIDs if they have one in stock and can buy HID bulbs yourself for cheaper than invoice would be on them anyway. My car (what you're looking for minus HID) was $32,448 (selling price, not OTD). I got my car at Vista Lexus.

BTW.. my car with taxes at current CA rate would be $35,611.68, so a difference of $813.32 for doc fees/license/registration and HIDs? I think that's a pretty good deal. My doc fees/license/reg was around $300 so about $500 for HIDs seems about right. I think you should take it since it sounds like you're not getting any headway on further negotiations.
  • eddy08eddy08 Member Posts: 8
    do you have heated seats. and adaptive headlights? i got mine in 2008, rear wheel drive . OTD $35k. with side lighting , metal pedal, leather. i think they have a special name for the package which i've forgotten. I like the extra's . perhaps you can tell them to throw in these accessories OTD $34k. + Nav. It doesn't hurt to negotiate.. Also, negotiate over the internet- saves time. i had bunch of dealers sent me quotes...and i told them what i was looking for. i just hate to sit there and squabble over prices...
  • eddy08eddy08 Member Posts: 8
    i think you can get lower close to INvoice in this economy. Get more quotes over the internet for other dealers.. it should be around $37k -$38k drive out.
  • mgalaxxymgalaxxy Member Posts: 2
    hi -

I'm looking for 1 in Boston too. Did the price include tax? Thanks

S.
  • daveisdaveis Member Posts: 5
    Nope. Not including sales tax.

I just beat the sales tax increase in July. The fees were straightforward.

On top of the $36,500...

Sales tax. (6.25% now)
    Documentation fee. ($299)
    Title and registrations. ($75 + $25)
    Inspection sticker. ($29)

So it cost me: $39,209.25

In retrospect, I think I might've been able to shave another couple hundred dollars off... I really don't understand how the whole advertising fee comes into the equation. I'm driving the car now and I love it.
  • vballplayer30vballplayer30 Member Posts: 27
    Always negotiate from the invoice up, not the MSPR down. They are desperate to sell cars still so I would suggest lowballing even more...the worst they can do is say no! Start making offers now and wait till the last weekend of the month to buy...they are most desperate to make their quotas the last weekend/days of the month! good luck!
  • wendymwwendymw Member Posts: 2
    Here's my Aug 2009 deal in Boston:
    IS250AWD with everything except the crazy "drive assist" stuff. The sticker was about $41,500.
    Base cost: $35850, includes 2 years of free maintenance
    Fees/taxes additional.
    I decided to buy tire/wheel insurance package (bad roads up here) and a lojack too. I got a small discount on those.

By the way, I'm very disappointed in the car: incredibly loud driving (that I didn't notice on the test drive), lousy bluetooth (people can't hear me on the phone), and ancient nav system that does not have the functionality of my 3 year old Garmin.
    incredibly loud driving

Could have been the wheels/tires difference on tester and your car. If you got everything on the car then most likely you got the 18" wheels The 18" are very loud, and only get louder when you replace them with something not as soft at at least $250 a ties when they wear out with less then 20,000 miles on them.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • titanfamilytitanfamily Member Posts: 1
    I know there are a lot of lease specials for IS 250s right now. But I am looking at leasing an IS 350. Can anyone share what they are paying per month and what/if any downpayment they have got in the last few months? I ask because it seems like a BMW 335i which is about $6-10k more expensive is actually cheaper to lease right now. Is that correct? Assume the MSRP for the Lexus IS 350 I want is $44k MSRP and around $40k as the agreed price. Thanks for your help.
    Since I have been following IS leasing the 350 has always been a horrible car to lease. The factors are always miserable. You are much better off leasing a G37, more room, more HP, and much more for the money.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • wirjiwirji Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a 07 IS250 with navi. I found one at a local dealer with 31k miles. The dealer list price is $27995.
    My question is what kind of OTD price can i expect for an 07 IS250? is 24k-25k OTD reasonable?

Also i'm going through costco auto program to see if i can get a cheaper price, anyone have any experience with the Costco auto program?