Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• shaanashaana Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for sharing the price.... $33,375 on road is a gr8 deal
    -----
    I am looking at 2010 IS250 base with spoiler, 18"wheel & glass tint. The dealer is stuck at $35,300 on road.
    ------------------
    I am also looking at a new 2010 3 series BMW and the best offer I got is $35,921 on road..
    ---------------------
    Does any one has any experience in selling/buying a 2 year old BMW or IS250.. I want to know which hold better value

BMW is coiming up with new 3 series in 2012..

THANKS
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    I am in SF Bay Area. I dont see any talks about the Convertible, so wanted to get some views. I am getting a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with Xenon lights, heated seats, Windscreen and Accessory package for $1750 below invoice (MSRP 44260). Is that the best I can do or I can do better.

I need to get back to dealer soon so any inputs is appreciated. Also what is the current APR deal?
  • amy_maamy_ma Member Posts: 2
    I am in MA. Can someone help me get the May 2010 Residual and Buy Rate Lease factor for a 2010 IS 350C for 36mo. & 48 mo. w/15k miles & help me determine what the best possible lease deal/monthly payment I could get? I am looking at one with Luxury Package, NAV, 18 in. Alloys & some misc. items with an MSRP of about $53k. In doing my own research I found the invoice (factoring invoice for the upgrades also) at about $46,300. I went to Lexus of Northboro who gave me a selling price of $48k (which they claimd as just above invoice), 36 month @ $690 & 48 month $653, then I went to Herb Chambers who clamed to be giving me a selling price of $46k and a .0022 lease factor which I thought was good but they said 48 months would result in a higher payment and the best payment possible was $653 on a 36 month (all quotes based on no cap cost reduction, just 1x starting costs)
  • amy_maamy_ma Member Posts: 2
    Every dealer in MA that I go to says that even as a returning Lexus lease customer, I would still have to pay an aquisition fee (could not be waived), is this true and has anyone ever been able to get any MA Lexus dealers to waive the doc prep fee?
  • csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    Hello,

I asked my dealer about Lease also and as the $1750 under invoice price is eligible for Lease too. The Lease offer for a vehicle with MSRP $48,740 is
    36 month lease
    12k miles per year
    Min due at signing: $1180 includes 1st payment and dmv fees
    $506 plus tax per month
    Is this a good deal?

What else info do I need to ask the dealer? Lease factor? I have not leased before and trying to read up and gather as much info as possible.
  • stevennnnstevennnn Member Posts: 1
    I actually have a few question.

#1 What does TTL stand for, sorry im new at this lol
    #2 I was wondering how much people get the new 2010 IS250 RWD for in NYC or NJ
    (*Standard*)
    also was wondering if there was anywhere selling it for 33 Straight including tax.
  • gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
    2010 IS250 RWD
    MSRP $$35,029
    *Invoice (dealer cost) = $$31,977
    They will also pay for my last 2 remaining payments on my BMW lease $950 (total).

*Price quote = $$30,988 + tax and license fees.
    Package(s):
    Accessories:
    F PT Premium Package Value Edition
    P GN Cargo Net
    P LM Trunk Mat
    P LR Rear Lip Spoiler
    P WL Wheel Locks
  • car_luver1car_luver1 Member Posts: 2
    I will buy the car today for $1700 under invoice.
    Can you please post the dealer and contact!
  • gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
    Here are more details to the deal

Lease 10K miles/ 3 yrs
    due at signing $2300, which includes the following:
    $25 doc fee
    $505 1st months payment
    $565 License
    Cap Reduction
    $500 security deposit
    $700 acquisition fee (better to pay up front???)

2010 IS250 RWD
    MSRP $$35,029
    *Invoice (dealer cost) = $$31,977
    They will also pay for my last 2 remaining payments on my BMW lease $950 (total).
    *Price quote = $30,988 + tax and license fees.
    Package(s):
    Accessories:
    P GN Cargo Net
    P LM Trunk Mat
    P LR Rear Lip Spoiler
    P WL Wheel Locks
  • blukitty55blukitty55 Member Posts: 2
    I went into a dealership today and looked at a 250IS with the following: Navi, HID, 18" wheels, premium package, spoiler, accessory package (basically it has everything). The MSRP was $38,324 and $39,199 if you include the destination charge. He was willing to offer it to me at invoice which is $35,426. Two questions:

1. Is this a good deal? I read a few posts back that venal got a similar model (it also seemed to have everything as well and MSRP was $38K) for $33K. If it is the same car then my offer isn't good at all.

2. The salesperson was very nice and seemed like a good guy but he is telling me that if you get the navi you basically have to get it with all of the other stuff (HID, wheels, spoiler, etc.) Is this true? From my reserach it seems that you can get navi without the HID.

I live in southern ca. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • johnnybcarjohnnybcar Member Posts: 6
    hey blukitty,

It looks like that's a pretty good deal, although you probably can do a little better. I just went to carsdirect and also to www.truecar.com/lexus/IS250.

At carsdirect, the price offered is above invoice. So, you're getting a good deal. However, at www.truecar.com/lexus/IS250 the price seems to be quite a bit below invoice in your local area. That is for a local dealer in the Los Angeles area. I'm not sure what zipcode you're in, but you can probably just go to that site and enter your zipcode in and see what comes out. Also, on your options question -- yes, it does appear that some additional options like the HID get force-selected when I choose the NAV package. So my guess is that the dealer is correct on that one. Anyway, good luck on your car hunting. Hope this helps!
  • blukitty55blukitty55 Member Posts: 2
    Yes that does help, although I was hoping that someone would tell me I am getting a bad deal OR tell me that I can get the navi without getting all those extras. So now, I have to do some fact checking!! But regardless, thanks so much!

Also, I didn't know about those two sites so I will check them out.

Thanks again!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,359
    The current IS has been around since MY 2006. Has anybody read anything about a redesign? It has to be coming around the corner.

I've always thought the IS to be a handsome car. The IS350 is a road rocket. I just wish the car were bigger - the back seat is smaller than the laughable back sat of an E90.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• orlandianorlandian Member Posts: 4
    FYI: MSRP $39275, agreed upon $33000. SF Bay area
  • mrpuff26mrpuff26 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    I've recently contacted a several dealers and the best one offered the following for $33,999. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? Is there a price I SHOULD be aiming for?

2010 IS 250 RWD
    -Premium Package
    -High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System
    -18'' Alloy Wheels
    -Rear Spoiler
    -Cargo Mat
    -Cargo Net
    -Rear Bumper applique
    -Illuminated door-sill scuff plates

I can't remember if I'm leaving anything off though...

Thanks.
  • orlandianorlandian Member Posts: 4
    FYI: MSRP $39275, agreed upon $33000. SF Bay area

IS250 RWD
    -Navigation
    -Premium
    -High Intensity Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System
    -18'' Alloy Wheels
    -Rear Spoiler
    -Cargo Mat
    -Cargo Net
    -Rear Bumper applique
    -Illuminated door-sill scuff plates
  • john1018john1018 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a IS350 sedan in South Cal. I was told that South Cal does not get many choice in terms of packages on 350:

/ Smoky Mica ( if not available, then Starfire Pearl )
    / Black Int + Dark Wood Trim
    / Navi
    / Premium Package
    / Rear lip spoiler
    / HID
    / Accessory Package
    / 18" rims ( i heard no choice on rims )
    / 1.9% for 60 mos.

I am looking for $39k OTD, because IS250 can go $35k OTD + $4k MSRP difference. The lowest offer that I can get now is $43k, what a huge difference? Anyone knows anything otherwise? It seems like $4-5k more than a same equipped G37. :cry:
  • john1018john1018 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Hi my friend

I am in the Bay Area, too. Would you mind share your dealership and whether you went thru Internet Sales or walk-in sales? My wife is very interested. Thanks!

-- John
  • dknygrlie4dknygrlie4 Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal I got....

2010 IS250 AWD no navi

Purchased
    Dealership in northern NJ

MSRP: $36,860
    Price: $33,250 + TTL

Package(s):
    Z1 Preferred Accessory Package: includes GN Cargo Net, LM Trunk Mat, WL Wheel Locks
  • gogoedmundgogoedmund Member Posts: 1
    First post, but avid reader recently. It's been extremely helpful.

I am looking at an IS250 that has been on the lot since early April - is this cause for concern? I don't know how many miles are on it yet.

Also, the car has clear bra on the front bumper already. Does it seem strange that a new car would have this partially applied?

Thanks in advance for any input.
  • rolypolyrolypoly Member Posts: 5
    I paid $29,600 for the vehicle or $32,900 out the door at 9.5% tax.

Car was base model
    +premium value options
  • djfosterdjfoster Member Posts: 8
    I am considering purchasing an IS 250 to replace my Vette as my daily driver. I really prefer manual transmissions to automatics. Has anyone purchased a 2010 IS 250 manual? If so, how do you like it? Did you have to special order it? Does anyone know if the manual option on the 250 will carry over to the 2011 model year? Thanks for any insights.
    I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm almost certain that you'll have to special order an IS250 w / a stick shift. Just curious, why an IS? Coming from a Vette, there will be a big power shortfall & the fuel economy isn't that great for a 204hp V6.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I am in New Orleans. I am going to keep the Vette as my weekend/track car. My wife has an 06 GS 300 and I just like the way my Lexus dealer here treats me when I bring her car in for service. I also like the looks of the IS and do not need a big back seat. I am also considering a 6 speed Acura TSX. Of course, the more likely result of all of this is I will just keep on driving the Vette every day ( it has over 90,000 miles) until it falls apart and wait until the next generation IS comes out. I am just really afraid Lexus will abondon the manual transmission option, as I suspect less than 2% of IS on the road are manuals.
    Albeit with slushboxes. I actually own a 2010 TSX & love it. I drove an IS250 AWD @ a Lexus driving event way back in 2006 & came away very unimpressed with the car. Now with a stick shift, you can also get an X pkg (sport pkg) which supposedly transforms the car's handling, but you've still got a lackluster 204 hp V6 (IMO). The IS also has a tiny back seat & trunk (probably not a concern of yours coming from a vette. The interior is gorgeous, fit & finish will be perfect, & the IS is better balanced being RWD.

I love the way our TSX drives. Even our slushbox equipped car is very willing to rev. While the 200 hp I4 won't win you any stop light drag races, it is adequate to keep the TSX moving. The interior is very well done. The seats are thickly bolstered. The car handles nicely, has a generously sized back seat & a huge trunk.

Have you considered an Infiniti G37S? Available with a 6 speed stick & a 328 hp V6.

How about a BMW 328i?

What year is your 90,000 mile Corvette?

The Vette is a 2002. I actually owned a 2006 TSX with 6 speed manual and navi. I loved that car but unfortunately it was totalled earlier this year in an accident in a driving rainstorm. I am still having trouble getting used to Acura's new front end, although to me the TSX is the best looking iteration of that new design.

I do not really care for the Infinity's interior or Nissans in general. Probably just a personal dislike.

German sport sedans are undoubtably great. I once owned a 1999 Audi A4. The turn off for me is price- and not just price, but the way the options are presented. I am just getting too old and tired to haggle over all the options. I really like the way Lexus and especially Acura package their options so there is not this huge laundry list. I know others disagree.

Finally, I may consider a Cadillac CTS V-6 manual,or, if the Vette dies, the CTS-V would be a real nice alternative.

Thanks for your imput.
    I forgot to mention, one of my favorite things about the TSX is it comes with NAV or without. Stick or Automatic. My wife's Black/Black TSX is a handsome vehicle. The biggest difference you'll find between the 2006 & the 2010 is probably going to be the steering. The 2009-2010 have electric power steering which does a decent job communicating @ higher speeds, but just feels too artificial at low to mdrange speeds. I know it saves gas, but give me a good old hydraulic pwer steering unit like my '01 Prelude Type SH.

I LOVE BMW. They are probably my favorite car company. When you put just a few options in the cars, they do tend to get pricey. My Mom has an '08 328xiA that isn't even completely loaded up (No NAV or Sports Pkg) & her car stickered for over $46,000. Don't cross them off completely though. Don't take what's on the lot, instead order a 328i with sports pkg, 6 spd stick, sunroof, ipod adap, & sirius (MSRP just under $40K) - you won't be disapointed.

You do get what you pay for though. A TSX is a FWD European Accord. With a 3 series, you are getting a dedicated RWD chassis.

Acura and BMW are probably going to have at least one stick shift car on the lot.

I think the CTS V is one bad dude. $60K new is a big pill to swallow, but if you can find a year old one, maybe GM depreciation will place it well within your grasp.

Good luck!

• avexavex Member Posts: 37
    I'm considering a 2011 IS350. I will have to "special order" the car in order to get the options I want because I do not like the navigation system or the packages offered in my area. I do realize that it can take 3-4 months for delivery. However, will a special order affect my ability to get the best price on the car?

Are IS350's now selling for below invoice price? If so, how much below invoice should I be aiming for on an IS350 with minimal factory options?
  • j1huynhj1huynh Member Posts: 28
    Hi,
    I am interested in the 2011 IS350 with F-sport package and navigation package. Please let me know how your order and price went. I heard you can't get anything lower than 1k from MSRP since it's new. In a couple months, you can get cheaper.
    I looked at the pricing results on the truecar.com site. That site seems to indicate that they're selling below invoice. 1k below MSRP is so utterly out of the question that I wouldn't even consider it. I paid only $500 over invoice when I bought my 2008 model, so wherever you're getting that information is completely wrong. If my nearest dealer won't sell below invoice, I'll either go to another dealer or buy another car entirely.
  • ezeeezee Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2010
    I was just at a dealership today. Dealt with their internet dept. The dealer was Saying if I wanted to custom order a 2011 he could get me one $500 over invoice. We managed to find a 2010 and got it for $1000 under invoice. Picking it up tomorrow.
    Both of those prices are very good. What part of the country are these dealers located in?
  • ezeeezee Member Posts: 3
    I'm dealing with Longo Lexus in southern California. I just went through their website and got connected to their internet dept. Seems like their internet dept just tires to make money based on volume.
  • tschalktschalk Member Posts: 3
    2011 is250 with f-sport package, navigation and hid headlamp

they offered me 45k otd. i think it's not a good price at all.

and i don't need navigation but they said they don't have any 2011 is250 with f-sport without navigation.

so i have a hard time to decide right now.

again 45k is too much right? how much should i aim?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    OTD is a worthless number to compare deals on a national forum. Selling price is the number that can be compared
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    That's too much!! that's how much I would pay for 2011 IS350 + navigation and f-sport package OTD.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/08/report-lexus-may-offer-3-000-rebate-to-beat-m- ercedes/
  • themanchisethemanchise Member Posts: 5
    Stamford CT area...

Lexus 2011 IS350 AWD with Luxury package, includes Rear Spoiler
    Smoky Granite Mica with black interior..

Invoice Price: $42,075 .. Dealer will sell it at invoice..

Is that a good deal?
    I think that's a decent price but I think you can get $500 to $1k off consider lexus wants to sell more car to remain #1 luxury automaker for the 10th year or else MBenz will regain the throne.. just my opinion.
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for replying..I offered $41,500 for it.. Lets see if he accepts it...Maybe I should've held out for $41K flat..Since I'll get killed on the tax any way...

Now I see that the Sports Package is very popular..Maybe I should've gone for that one.Any idea what you get in the sports package..The Lexus site doesn't tell you much other that 18s wheels..

I like what you said about Lexus trying to be #1..I'll hold firm at that price and force him to budge..
    You can also check at truecar.com to see comparable prices.

I am still holding out for my IS350 with navigation and f-sport.

Have you tried to shop around with another dealer near by to see if they can beat your current offer?
    edited October 2010
    Cool..The dealer won't budge from my offer..I'm talking to another dealer as well but in no rush..

He offered me
    2010 IS350 RWD that has not only the luxury plus package,and navigation package, it also has the F-Sport package with black 19 inch F Sport wheels and tires and all of the other high performance equipment.
    The MSRP of this car was 48,240 but he will sell it to me for 41,500 plus fees and taxes.

What do you think?
  • jvalhajvalha Member Posts: 18
    Anyone have any experience with the 2010 IS350C? I'm trying to negotiate a good deal before the end of the month.
    I am not sure how the F-sport package look on the 2010 IS350, but for sure I like it on the 2011 with the led light and everything... well it depends on you. 7k discount looks pretty good though.
  • h20lexush20lexus Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Hello all,

I am new to this forum and just looking for some insight as I am about to close on this deal in Massachusetts.

Brand new leftover 2010 is250 AWD Glacier frost mica/Black interior, perforated heated/cooling seats, navigation/rear camera/ lit up lexus door sills, headlamp washers, HID with adaptive lighting, rear privacy shade, cargo mat/net and wheel locks, greyish/marble wood trim, spoiler, and im sure im forgetting something, also throwing in tire/rim road hazard package.

Car is beautiful.....

Invoice MSRP is $42,500
    Deal im about to sign: $33,500

Thoughts?

Anything else I should ask them to throw in?

It seems like the best deal around, but I could be wrong....

I would be financing at 5.5% for 75 months with $3000 down through a local bank as I cannot secure financing with Lexus financial. Payments are $523/month.

Let me know..........
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email [email protected] asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.
  • jym626jym626 Member Posts: 21
    Looking at picking up a 2010 Silver (Tungsten pearl/alabaster interior) with Luxury pkg, park assist sensors, 18" graphite wheels pref. accessory pkg (dont need but they wont take it off). They are offering $1750 under invoice (invoice includes destination, advertising, dealer holdback and wholesale reserve). Price (which included doc fees) before tax,tag and title is 40,269. Driveout price (with doc fees, tax,tag,title is $42,726.14. They claim MSRP was 46,046. Thoughts?
    Did you get the 2011 with F-Sport package?

The F-Sport Package consists of performance parts rather than luxury items that you would find in the luxury package. By just going with the F-Sport you would not be getting the heating/cooled seats, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, memory seat, rear sunshade and rain sensing wipers. The F Sport package is also more expensive then the luxury package..If you got it, I guess you paid top dollar for it..
  • jym626jym626 Member Posts: 21
    Replying to my own post with an update:
    Made the purchase ( 2010 IS 250C)- with both $1750 below invoice and an additional $750 rebate, so driveout price (with all fees) was 41,976.14. Even though its a bit chilly out, that top was down when we drove it off the lot!
  • ashvartsashvarts Member Posts: 7
    seems like a great deal. which dealer?
  • edayvoledayvol Member Posts: 1
    Any suggestions or info on whether to get Luxury plus pkg w 18s or F pkg??? & can both come w Mark Levenson Sound??? & lastly is it worth the $ to upgrade nav to Mark Levenson??
    Thank you!!!