Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• daman121daman121 Member Posts: 11
    The error was not with the taxes or fees but with the price. The deal did seem too be good to be true and was lower than I have been quoted else where.

However, my deposit was refundable but the price was the reason I left a deposit there. Does this change my rights?
  • ineedanewcarineedanewcar Member Posts: 29
    I notice that the Lexus dealers NEVER give anything in writing during initial negotiations. I also put a deposit down and am waiting for the car to arrive. When it comes, if they raise the price, I will walk.
    I suggest you do the same, if possible.
  • glenn386glenn386 Member Posts: 47
    Do you have a signed purchase agreement?
    No, just the deposit form. But the price we agreed is on is written on the deposit form.
  • nish79nish79 Member Posts: 3
    I am getting IS250 Black with NAV/Premium package (black interiors) for 33800 + taxes. Is it a good deal for San Diego/LA area? please let me know ASAP as I have 1 just 1 day to make the deal.
  • hkhkhkhkhkhk Member Posts: 2
    You got a great deal!! jay1977. little jealous :cry: , but this car is worth enough to pay that much... :P
    Anyway, I LOVE IT so far!!!!

Even it's 2.5L, this car has enough HP and torque to move its [non-permissible content removed] and paddle shift makes more fun to drive also.

Enjoy and drive safe~~ :shades:

hkhkhk
    You can beat that by a bit (maybe get a few extras, tints, etc). Try calling a few other dealerships and making them compete, that's what I'm doing. I was going to get black on black too so maybe you can have the car I ordered...
    Dealer wouldn't budge so I am taking my business elsewhere. Will post details once I get the car. Thanks for the advice.
  • deanvitdeanvit Member Posts: 23
    Recently purchased IS250 AWD for only $750 off sticker. Unfortunantly, there is only one Lexus dealer in my area with very few IS's on the lot which adds up to very little room for negotiating. However, love the fit, finish, road manners and compliments I've had so far. Good luck for all searching for deals.
    Without a signed purchase agreement it isn't worth the fight (even then it might not be worth the fight). I would move on to a different dealer.

good luck
    Lot of my friends suggested me to wait till the memorial day to buy IS250. Is it worth waiting? Does lexus offer 0% APR or big discounts on memorial day sale?
    I finally got my car from Beverly Hills Lexus. IS 250 RWD, Auto, Premium, Navi for 36600 out the door. Great sales team, no hassle, no pressure. I would recommend contacting them before buying it from someone else.
    Good for you. That other dealer doesn't deserve your business.
  • jakelatjakelat Member Posts: 12
    I am also in NJ and in the market for an IS250AWD. Where did you get this deal? Thanks.
  • pnutzlaw1pnutzlaw1 Member Posts: 3
    New Jersey Dealership
    MSRP - $35,069
    Invoice - $31,303 (which includes $429 in Lexus national advertising fees - not too crazy about that)
    Cap Cost - $32,500
    Residual - 58% = $20,340
    Money Factor - .00245

This is for a 3 year/45,000 mile lease, $497/month with nothing down. First payment would be roughly $1,450, which is comprised of the first montly payment plus fees.

I have also been offered a deal in which I would put down a multiple security deposit of $4,050. I would get every penny of this amount back at the end of the lease, but my monthly lease payment would decrease over $50 to $445/month. This seems like it is too good to be true. $52/month in savings on $4K is a great rate of return. Is there something I'm missing? I'd appreciate anybody's thoughts on this deal. I'm thinking that I can get the cap cost to come down some more. They originally offered $33,000. The $32,500 was their second offer. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!
    That's what........15% return on your investment

I just ran the numbers and it makes no sense for the manufacturer to do this....I am very interested to see if this for real, please post if you actually get this deal or if the numbers mysteriously change before you finalize the deal.
  • noamrnoamr Member Posts: 2
    So I was interested in the IS series, and I spent some time looking at and test driving the Lexus IS 250, however I made the mistake of also driving the IS350. After driving both and feeling how easily the 350 just takes off, I realized that the 350 is the only option for me.
    I was looking for a 36 mos, 12k mil/yr lease, I will pay all taxes and fees up front but with no cap cost reduction.

I was originally hoping to get a black ext/black interior with the luxury package and NAV/Levinson system.According to two dealers (unless you can tell me otherwise) these do not truly exist and must be special ordered, and the Levinsons arent even being put in yet anyway!

The best offer I have gotten is $500/mos for an IS 350 with only NAV (no lux pack, no levinson) which has MSRP 38,580, invoice 33,944. Since, all dealers have given
    me the same residual percent of 60 and money factor of 0.00245, that means that a payment of $500 would be just over $2000 above invoice on that car. Moreover, the dealer said he doesnt have that style in stock currently but would "work on it," so even that deal is in question.

I feel sure that someone can arrange to do better than $2000 over invoice, and at least find a car with NAV or just sell one with NAV and with the luxury pack for
    $500/mos (which would be MSRP about 42,000, invoice about 37K) giving the dealer a profit of just over $1000 over invoice..

These sales guys are tricky!
  • pnutzlaw1pnutzlaw1 Member Posts: 3
    It's a great investment, and I too find it hard to believe that the Lexus finance company will be able make any money off the deal. Three separate dealers have offered similar multiple security deposit deals. The one I posted worked out to be the best because of a lower cap cost. However, the other two were in the $50 off per month ballpark. If there are no strings to this, should I be happy with the $445/month?
  • jbg78jbg78 Member Posts: 3
    Hey all - how does $40,500 sound to you for an IS350 with sports package and navigation?
  • jclumpnjclumpn Member Posts: 3
    Hey- have really appreciated the info on the forum.

I am planning to purchase either a used Lexus IS-300 or a new IS-250 AWD soon. Live in Chicago, the windy and at times snowy city, and wondered how the old RWD models handle in snow/ slippery conditions. Anyone have experience with this, advice? Thx much!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    The Lexus Financial MSD program is very good... and legit..

Seems stupid.. but, it is for real..

BMWFS has a similar program.. which used to be about the same, but has been cut by about half of what it used to save you..

No reason not to take advantage of it, if you have the funds available..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• autolady1autolady1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been offered $33900 + tax/title on an IS 250 premium pkg with nav. Is this a good offer? Dealer tells me invoice is $32300 and these cars are selling for retail everywhere. Any advice?
  • is250driveris250driver Member Posts: 2
    For me, the choice was between 3 cars, the BMW 3 series, the Mustang GT CVT... or the Lexus IS250 or 350.

I drove the Bimmer, and have owned 2 BMW's and was trading one of them. My trouble with BMW, the salespeople think I am apparently joking around, so they never really bothered to help me out.

My Bimmer was a 97.. quite old yes, but in great shape, and ran like nobody's business.

Still BMW showrooms aren't always that inviting toward a younger single guy apparently.

So... went to Ford.. drove the mustang.. incredibly fast, but I was leary about the product itself.. with Ford being notorious for having issues with first year products.

So, I then drove a the IS250 AWD... the 350 was just way out of my range.. at 44K with every option.

The 250.. admittedly is a little lethargic.. but how many of us really need to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds?

That was my rationale..

Everything else about the IS is incredible.. I love it, and the fit and finish is 2nd to none.

I would have went with the BMW, but somehow, I get the feeling the car company is losing it's direction.

While Lexus is findig theirs.

And while that is one PLUS... the other is the dealership. I truly believe Lexus wanted to sell a car that day, and BMW didn't.

I leased this time, and Lexus has an Encore program. If this honeymoon keeps up for the next 3 years, I'd buy another one.
  • parnolaparnola Member Posts: 141
    is250driver - I've had the same experience with BMW dealerships. I've owned two, a 2001 325i and a 2005 530i. Both times the local dealer wouldn't even let me drive the car - had to drive to a larger city to find a dealer interested in letting me test drive and sell the car to me.

I've also owned a couple Lexus cars - a 1996 SC 400 and a 2001 RX 300. Both times the Lexus dealers were happy to give me the keys to go drive without any hassle. The whole experience was MUCH easier with Lexus and they don't discriminate against younger (I'm 30 now) males.
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Only thing is, aren't Lexuses worth owning for a long time?

So if you intend to keep it past a 3-year lease for instance, you don't want to lease it right?
  • dads4galsdads4gals Member Posts: 3
    Could you tell me what dealership in NJ offered you this deal? Thanks!
    I got the same car for around 33500 with some free stuff thrown in. Try calling other dealerships and telling them about the deal you got and telling them to beat it. Keep going until you run out of dealerships or have the price you want.
    I paid 33,791 + T/T/L for an IS250 RWD with Premium + Nav + Summer Tires. The best offer I got was 33,574 + T/T/L but it wasn't the color combination I wanted. The best price I've heard of for this combination is 33,300. It's the end of the month now so I think playing the dealers off one another will be easier.
  • bigpapidobigpapido Member Posts: 18
    What kind of pricing is everyone getting for an IS350 w/ Luxury Package and Nav/Levinson in the LA/OC area? Is availability still scarce? I was asking around a few months ago but gave up b/c of limited inventory and little discount off MSRP. Should I wait until Memorial Day weekend?
  • tonytouchtonytouch Member Posts: 13
    I'm looking at the options page right now. The MSRP of ML is $940. MSRP of Nav is $2550. Add them up to get $3490. However, the MSRP of the ML/Nav option package is $3990. I'm confused- why the extra $500? The content is the same.

If I want both options, should I expect the dealer to use the higher figure?
  • flashsimflashsim Member Posts: 2
    $3990 is the VN package, which is ML and Nav, plus the ability to play DVD movie.

If you want both ML and Nav, you should order the VN package, because the ML + Nav combination does not exist.
  • doug316doug316 Member Posts: 4
    I can't get to your MSRP based on your options:

BASE 31,160
    LT 4,215
    NV 2,550
    DEST 590
    Acc 194
    ------
    Can you elaborate a bit on this deal? Which dealership? I'm in the bay area. What fees are added on? I get MSRP of 33,760 for that car, or 3,660 off... awesome deal, is that right? $30,100 = tax title license?
  • gmnjgmnj Member Posts: 3
    My local NJ dealership has two IS 350s on the lot. One is a demo model (1,000 miles) Red w/grey interior, no NAV, $38.7K. The other is the midnight blue, black interior w/NAV, $44K. I really like the Red w/out the NAV but noticed some scratches in the interior plus the added mileage. They wont budge on the price. :mad:

Is there any word on Lexus getting more supply of the IS350s?
  • ricksterqricksterq Member Posts: 45
    I can't get to your MSRP based on your options

Well, here's what we got...

Base price for AWD IS250: 34,285
    Luxury package (LD): 2,205
    Navigation system (NV): 2,550
    Destination charge: 590

Total MSRP: 39,630

I don't have my MSRP sheet in front of me, but the difference is the accessories package. All numbers found using edmunds website. I think your pricing is based on the NON-AWD IS250.
    I got it for 333400+taxes. No freebies though. the car is great but I am not happy with the FM radio quality. The FM reception is very poor. Has anyone noticed it?
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    I'm planning on getting an IS 250 or 350 within the next 6 months or so. My current lease on my MB is up Sept 30th - right about the time all the new model years start. I'd like to know if - generally - one is better off leasing this particular Lexus (or any car) in the last couple of months of the old model year or in the first coouple months of the new model year. Thanks!
  • from_flfrom_fl Member Posts: 113
    I have no problem with my FM sound quality but I thought CD sound is weak.
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    screw fm. I got XM!
    I have had rental cars with XM and I think it sounds like badly encoded real audio. I could never handle listening to music on it.
  • deanvitdeanvit Member Posts: 23
    The audio controls for bass, mid and treble are separate from FM. Play your CD and then make the audio adjustments and you should notice a big improvement in sound quality.
  • finksmartfinksmart Member Posts: 5
    A salesman told me that if i go into his dealership for service and I didn't purchase the car there, they have the right to refuse a loaner car to me?

Could someone clarify on Lexus' service policy? Thanks!
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    I wouldn't think they'd be obliged to give you a loaner.

In that case, take your car to a dealership which will give you the loaner.

For $100 oil changes, they better give you full service.
  • from_flfrom_fl Member Posts: 113
    Thanks, deanvit. I should read the user manual first. :P
  • chubbuni13chubbuni13 Member Posts: 3
    I got the IS250 with Premium Package (18 inch tires, heated/cooled seats, etc) for $31,000 after contacting about twenty different dealerships in the Los Angeles area. Only $1267 over invoice, and I was pretty excited about the price. Thanks to everyone for the advice, I'm getting the car + tax, title and license for $500 less than the MSRP.
  • ustifosiustifosi Member Posts: 2
    Researched for two months including comparisons with the 325xi, A4, G35X. Decided on a 250AWD with Luxury Pkg, no nav. I wanted certain color combos (ext/int). Couldn't find exactly what I wanted, got close. Trying to find Lux w/o Nav is like finding a needle in a haystack. Dealers in the Mid-Atlantic are now reporting that Lexus is not manufacturing Lux w/o Nav anymore.
    Ended up purchasing from Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA. Very please with the internet sales rep. I knew this dealer was #2 nationwide in volume so discount off of list would be challange.

In the end I got a 250AWD (Tungsten Pearl / Black Interior) with Luxury Pkg, Headlight washers, mats (MSRP is just short of $37,400). Negotiated $2,500 off of list.

Buying process on Saturday took just slightly over an hour.

Very pleased.....so far.
  • vwcrushervwcrusher Member Posts: 15
    ustifosi,

You just described the exact configuration (other than color - I am interested in black/beige) that I will be buying in late June in New England. I do not want nav either......I hope there will be stock.
  • darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    I live in Orange County, CA. At what Lexus dealership did you get that close to invoice ? Anyone living in So. Ca., which dealerships are willing to neg. close or not to far above invoice for a IS 250?
  • ustifosiustifosi Member Posts: 2
    vwcrusher,

I originally wanted black/black or blue onyx/black or possibly matador red/black. I checked 10 dealerships in the MD/VA/DE area and I received a similar response in that the dealers were pleading with the manufacturer to build more 250's with lux&nav. So if I waited for the right color combo to come along I would probably be stuck buying nav. I would not buy this car w/o the Lux pkg as it has 8 or so items that set this car apart from all others in it's class. The best feature with summer coming up are the cooling seats.
  • lop868lop868 Member Posts: 7
    hey which dealership you goin through,I live in jersey as well and ordered my is350 a month ago and still waiting, I called all the area dealerships and got the best deal with lexus of englewood...I'm paying 42 and change on a black on balck leather,sport package,nav,parking assist,acc. package,adaptive lights