Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Escalade

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Any resolution to this issue for you?
  • Does anyone know how to set the front DVD player to play when the truck is in drive? :blush:
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I believe you need a jumper wire....not a factory setting option. Damn lawyers!@
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    If I get t-boned by someone fiddling with an in-dash DVD player, I'm going to be the one suing the driver and GM, not my damn lawyer (he can be a bit of a jerk come to think of it :shades: ).

Or in a case like this, it'll be my heirs suing. The driver there didn't get convicted on the murder charge btw.

It is a bit dumb not to enable a navigation system to accept a direction inquiry - sort of defeats the purpose if you have to pull over to reprogram your destination into the NAV. May as well grab a map at that point.

Watching movies in the dash while driving down the road isn't cool - let your passenger take their iPod or something instead.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• Just GM's littel way of cutting cost and saving money..overall though, it is in my oppinion the best truck n it's class.
  • I think you made an excellent choice. the vehicles are the same but only to a point. The Escalade is a better vehicle in my oppinion. And I am surprised to say that GM makes some of the best HID on the market today. I can testify that you see 100% better with HID over traditional halogen.
  • I never noticed it until you brought it up. We still want one though, guess I'll be buying my mother a white one instead of black. We are in a warm weather state and she loves the look of the new Lade.. Thanks for posting this, I don't know what the engineers were thinking on this one.
  • Edmunds said they tested two Escalades 07's and found that they both do the same thing....hopefully this will be resolved in the 08's and 09's.
  • It really sucks that they don't have loaner cars......GM needs to make this available to it's buyers. They can only cut corners for so long.
  • There is a bypass that you can get that is not factory and you can play DVD's as you drive....for your passenger of course.
  • I just bought an '07 Escalade on 22s after having driven probably one of the best handling sedans made, the MB E500. I like to take tight turns and I like to feel the road somewhat. I can tell you that although the Escalade is not an E500, nor was it meant to be, it handles very very well, 1000 times better than my Ford Pickup and better than my wife Lexus GX. I can take curves pretty well and don't feel like I'm losing control. If you want a cushier ride or are mainly using the car for city driving with a lot of rough roads and pot holes then I would recommend the 20 or 18s. My cousin has the 20s and drives in the city all the time. I opted for the 22s because they look great and the ride is perfectly fine for suburban driving.

I think that Edmunds's article is off base. Either they drove a lemon, or the writer is biased because no other review is consistent with it.

I hear what you are saying, I have heard excellent things about the ride quality of the Escalade with and without the 22's.

And as far as the review, in my time of car purchasing I have learned to read the reviews and then to test drive the car for myself. Sometimes I've been dead set against a car because of what I have read. But then when I test drive it I don't agree with what I've read and I actually enjoy driving the car. So it's good to consider the reviews but most importantly it's good to make your own judgement upon test drivng.

I also advocate people renting the particular vehicle they wish to purchase just to have it for a few days to see how the vehicle feels, acts, and whether or not it will assimilate into the buyers lifestyle.
  • I have a 2007 Ecsalade with 22" Pirelli Scorpions. No can can seem to tell me - not the dealer or even Pirelli tires. They said that there were too many variables to advise me - how much tire pressure to use. They are after market tires so I can't go by what's on the door. I have them around 35psi right now and the ride is a little rougher that I like, feels like a truck instead of a luxury vehicle. Does anyone know the correct psi?
  • I tested Escalades with both the 18" and 22" wheel/tires and can tell you that the Escalade handles and corners significantly better with the 22" in both all-wheel drive and 2-wheel drive models. My wife and I drove them all in each combination back to back.
  • grunt1322grunt1322 Posts: 1
    Hey bud. i would like to kno wut u used for ur caddy so u can bypass da factory security system for the DVD
  • I have a 2008 escalade and i used "GEN 5 LOCKPICK" to bypass security for dvd and navigation use while driving. Works beautiful. :) go here and check for yourself.

http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm
  • Please someone tell me that the 09 Escaldes has an AUX jack for you ipod or similar? I went and test drove one and I loved it, but thinking back i didn't notice an AUX jack. I've seen the jack on many of lessor gm models. I hope to good I overlooked it.
  • Hi..I'm not sure about the 09 Escalades, but I have a 2007 Escalade ESV and it does not have an AUX jack for the IPod. However, my Escalade has the factory DVD system and I use the RCA jacks in the rear console to play my IPod and it works great. Not sure why Cadillac didn't put an AUX jack on the radio panel.
  • ianpkianpk Posts: 1
    Has anybody heard of these guys? Becker Automotive Design I'm investigating ESV Conversions and found them. Wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them. They look high end but you can't be too careful.
    Thanks!
    Ian
  • editzeditz Posts: 4
    2003 Escalade, the dash indicator shows 'rear access door open', also dome lights stay on if not manually shut off. Door is not open, any ideas or can someone tell me where the activation switch for the back door indicator is??. Thanks.
  • my air dosent work at all in my 03 escalade. I know it has a leak somewhere but i tried to fill the a/c up with stop leak freon and the compressor didnt even kick on. Can someone help me please,its hot in moreno valley lol?
  • i believe its on the bottom half of the door hinge where the door connects to the car look and see if its bent and pending how messed up it is you might have to replace it
  • editzeditz Posts: 4
    I still have the problem with rear door access open message, can't seem to figure it out, had both top and bottom latches checked with torex wrench, still nothing found. Now cruise control works sporadically, never know if it will engage or not. Works fine about 80% of the time, it's the other 20% that's discouraging. Car has approx. 80,000 miles. Appreciate any advice, plan on going South this winter and it would be nice to know the problems are solved, thanks Editz
  • Hey guys I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade. I was wanting to put a mesh grille kit on and was wondering what type everyone would suggest. Also looking a lambo doors for the front and suicide doors for the back. Any knowledge on where to go for the best would be appreciated.
  • regrahamregraham Posts: 26
    I own an '07 Escalade and have one complaint. The rear window and tailgate gets covered with dust and/or snow depending on what time of year it is driven. On my previous '02 Denali SUV I was able to install a rear air deflector which really minimized this problem. Does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes a rear deflector? Something like the "windjammer" style used on Toyota Sequoias or 4-Runners? If an aftermarket manufacturer reads this, I would be willing to give you further ideas or suggestions to build one.
  • sarac4asarac4a Posts: 1
    I have the rear DVD in my 08 Cadillac Escalade but don't know how to get my iPod to work on the rear Aux. Can you explain to me how you make it work?

Thanks!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,128
    sarac4a,
    I would recommend checking out the Owner Manual (3-89 or pg 253).
    Here it states:
    Using the AUX Display (If Equipped)

If your vehicle has Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE), an AUX screen appears as the SRCE (source) key is pressed. When AUX is selected in the front, the audio from the device plugged into the auxiliary jacks in the rear can be played over the vehicle speakers. Select between AUX and DVD video on the video screen while listening to AUX audio. See Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) System on page 3-95 for more information on the auxiliary jacks. I hope this information helps. If you still need assistance, I would recommend going to the dealer and speaking with the staff. They should be able to assist you in working the AUX feature.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • wspeedwspeed Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    my 202 escalade tran stop going backward but will go forward what is the problem?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,128
    wspeed,

Apologies, but is your Escalade a 2012 or a 2002? If the former, you would definitely still be under warranty coverage unless you've exceeded 100,000 miles. Let us know!

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • dsvdsv Posts: 1
    I need advise on this Escalade, it's a 2008 with 78, 000 but the truck is in excellent condition in/out and the dealer is asking $27.900 for it. Would this be a good deal? What issues usullay occur at this mileage if any, I really like the truck but I don't know if it's a good idea to finance a truck with this many miles on it. Thanks for taking your time.
  • I'm looking into buying a used Escalade but don't want to spend more than $35K-$40K on it. Am I asking for trouble if it already has 50-75K miles on it? Am I better off with under 50K in miles. And should / can I buy any extended warranty?

Thanks for any insight