Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover/Sport Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wolverineinmnwolverineinmn Member Posts: 3
    True, someone cannot sell you one of theirs. Only transferable in the same household that it was sent to
  • tannictonytannictony Member Posts: 3
    Thanks but it's driving me nuts cuz I've signed up three times. One time it asked me to fill out a survey which I did. Made sure my pop blocker wasn't on. Going to purchase in the next 7 days. I'm wondering if they only provide it to certain zip codes?
  • uly48uly48 Member Posts: 2
    After having researched for several months I took the plunge and just got my RRS "Special Edition". Got it for the list of $81,450.00 other than the fact that this is way to much to pay for any car, would appreciate a little feedback on what you all think and if any others have purchased the "Special Edition" and what they paid for it?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    You probably got the first one in the country buddy so good for you. The last pipeline reports I saw on them had them starting to drop between this week and next with the last of them arriving in September.
  • cheekymonkeycheekymonkey Member Posts: 19
    After two LEMON Range Rovers (both full size, one a 2003 HSE and one a 2006 Supercharged 'Westminster') these SUV's are just full of problems. Look back over their long history, do some homework and within a few minutes, you will very soon realize they have never been any good and always plagued with problems, one after another. If the huge price tag makes you feel better then you have more money than sense. Steer clear of these SUV's and choose something with a better reputation (that means choosing any other SUV). If Landrover can't get it right in over 30+ years, they never will!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new Range Rover Sport, wolverineinmn. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of this site to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ajwaldorfajwaldorf Member Posts: 3
    7 RRS, Lux,Lock Dif, Sat Radio List $61,850.00 and paid $52,750.00 without the coupon.(could not find one)
  • mrskatfishmrskatfish Member Posts: 2
    Have you heard anything back on your post? I am in the same position and am located in Southern California. Any kind of help would do... thanks!
  • mrskatfishmrskatfish Member Posts: 2
    Hey jaygil -

I was curious if you had found anyone with a certificate because I am looking for one myself... also how did you save so much money on your sport? I am looking to purchase one in the next couple of weeks and REALLY would love to save some money! Any help fro you or any others would help this california girl!!!
  • balticbkuelr2balticbkuelr2 Member Posts: 5
    I had been haggling with the salesperson for a week from everything to putting money down to no money down at all. It was a rainy Long Island day yesterday so I went down to the dealership and haggled some more. I have to pick up the car on the 31st. Obviously cause it was end of month and the dealer wanting to get rid of the car we went back and forth. He took $400.00 off the msrp and i am putting just the first month payment down and some motor vehicle stuff. So with nothing down on a baltic blue with cold package in the NY metro area you can expect to pay 511.46 per month. Honest Truth :)
  • iiiiii Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I just picked up a 2008 RRS for my wife. White, Ivory seats with Zebrano wood. Options were lux & sat.

In seattle (actually bellevue) paid xplan (cost + 4% & the marketing fees)

It's a great looking car.

/iain
  • scottn1scottn1 Member Posts: 5
    Any ideas out there on pricing for an 04 RR with 50K miles. Anyone bought an 03 04 lately? Any help is appreciated, i've seen prices all over the map and i'm trying to figure out what is a decent deal.

Thanks!
  • blackberryxyzblackberryxyz Member Posts: 8
    Am quoted $946.00 a month on 2008 including tax (8.5%) or $872.00 pre-tax with a $5500 drive off; (4500 down plus first month) This is in line with what leasecompare.com shows. Am in SF Bay Area.

Salesman was fuzzy over phone on exact price but around 61 k or so and money factor around .00025. I don't care about residual because I will turn it back in.

12k miles, 36 mos, 946.00 inc tax and 5500 drive off.

How does this compare to what you are seeing? I am meeting with the dealer in about 36 hours and will probably do the deal unless someone can tell me I am overpaying. Thank you to all.
    Seems about right although I don't recommend putting that much down on a lease unless you are just more comfortable with the payment under 1,000 dollars a month.
  • blackberryxyzblackberryxyz Member Posts: 8
    Car Man, Thank you very much for your quick response.

FYI, I pushed for a better deal by canceling the meeting and telling them I was going to wait 2 months as my X5 does not come off its lease until January (which is true) and also to determine if they would have any additional price enhancement.

They did not budge and told me that it was their best deal and that I could take my chances on an equal (if available) or worse deal in 2 months. So I am going to take the deal as Marin County, California where I live tends to have alot of people that walk in, whip out the checkbook and pay full sticker, so the dealers don't sweat it much.

The large down payment is because my wife would rather pay more upfront and have lower monthlies. I know it doesn't make economic sense but like all married people I have learned to pick my battles.

Thanks again.

The large down payment is because my wife would rather pay more upfront and have lower monthlies. I know it doesn't make economic sense but like all married people I have learned to pick my battles.

Ah do I ever know that. I see that all the time. I just delivered a LR3 to someone who did the exact same thing. He put about 3,000 dollars more down then he wanted to get the payment where his wife was more comfortable.
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    blackberry,

Have you tried the SF dealer too? I've found that when you use the edmunds quote thing, SF gives a very competitive price in-line with the market; and Marin will usually come close to matching it.

I agree about it being tough when our neighbors just walk in and write a check for whatever amount the sales gentleman/lady tells them too.
  • sarontsaront Member Posts: 4
    do you think this is a good deal? got a quote for RRS 62K MSRP. my price $59100 with down $5000 residual 53%, .00195 with US bank and $890/month lease payment on 15K miles and 36month. i have 740 average score.

thanks for your feedback.
  • moabxjmoabxj Member Posts: 6
    Anyone know what the numbers should come out to be on a 2008 fullsize RR with the lux package? 30 or 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. 720-740ish credit score with 0 down. We currently have an '06 on a lease and they mailed us a letter stating they will waive up to 6 months off our current lease if we lease a new one. Our lease is up in May. What are the advantages/disadvantages of taking this deal?

Thanks

p.s. Our zip code is 84040(UT) if that matters.
  • moabxjmoabxj Member Posts: 6
    Just got a quote from the local dealer today...

2008 RR HSE w/ lux pkg. $82,450 MSRP, 30 month 15k per year. $1632/mo, $2000 down(first month+ doc fee or whatever.)

Any thoughts?
  • rrbuyerrrbuyer Member Posts: 4
    New to forum - was looking for any thoughts on a realistic price that I expect to negotiate/pay on a RR. Am looking to buy within the next week or so. So far, the salesperson (as expected) is not moving much from the MSRP - I have not pushed negotiations yet until I get some facts/numbers under my belt. These are the 2 models/quoted prices I am deciding between:

A new '08 full-size RR HSE with rear DVD and 20" wheels - best price so far is $82k.

An '07 full-size RR SC pre-owned with 9k on the clock - best price so far is $78k.

I have seen posts re using coupons and dealers passing on marketing support discounts to buyers.

Would be v.grateful for input on what people have paid or what sort of reductions are realistic.
    Does the 2008 have Luxury interior? If so you are getting almost 7,000 dollars off MSRP which is most of the profit in the car. You are stealing that Range Rover and got a much better price then most dealers I know would offer.

Price on the Supercharged Model seems on the high side IMO.
    British Rover - thanks for info. The '08 HSE does not have the lux interior - so with the 20" wheels and rear DVD according to Land Rover site totals out at $84,450 - so getting a reduction of c.$2,400.

I think there is a manufacture incentive for January of $5000 on '08HSE's - so I would think (hope) I could get a better discount than what is offered so far..?
    There is no incentive on 2008 Range Rover HSEs.

There is an incentive of 5,000 dollars on 2007 Range Rover HSEs. There are only a couple of dozen unsold 2007 Range Rovers left in the whole country.

EDIT:

I just checked there are 70 unsold 2007 Range Rovers showing for the entire US and Puerto Rico.
    Many thanks for the info. For your ref - ended up agreeing $81k - which seems like a fair deal when MSRP was $85k. Besides - the sales guy (English) was v.helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    Does anyone know the cost (invoice and MSRP) of the:

2008 Range Rover Supercharged Diamond Mesh Grill

2008 Range Rover Supercharged Diamond Mesh Fins

I'm looking to purchase a 2008 Range Rover HSE in the future. I know the cost of the Luxury Interior Package ($4,500/$4.095) and the 20" 7-Spoke Alloy Wheels ($4,000/$3.640), but I need the cost (invoice and MSRP) for the Supercharged Mesh grill and fins. The Supercharged is to expensive but I like it's look, so I figured I get the look without the cost. I know I won't have the engine but that's fine.

- Thank You
  • trovertrover Member Posts: 5
    I RECENTLY RECEIVED A $1500 - $2000 DISCOUNT COUPON FROM LAND ROVER ON THE PURCHASE OR LEASE OF ANY NEW RANGE ROVER, RNGE ROVER SPORT OR LAND ROVER LR3V8. AS I WILL NOT BE USING IT, I AM WILLING TO PART WITH IT FOR A GENEROUS TOKEN OF APPRECIATION.

THE COUPON IS VALID AFTER MAKING YOUR BEST DEAL AS THE COUPON IS PAID TO THE DEALER DIRECTLY FROM LAND ROVER. THE COUPON CAN BE USED FROM NOW UNTIL MARCH 31, SO ANY OF YOU IN THE MARKET WHO WANT TO SAVE MONEY, PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST
  • kpeterskpeters Member Posts: 11
    I negotiated a price this past weekend for my Range Rover Sport, and for my trade in they said they would give me 56K, then when I returned two days later to buy the RRS they changed their minds and offered me 47K!! That is not the way to do business! What was more frustrating, is that they denied it--very dissapointing. They were also extremely arogant and rude.. I would NOT recommend them. Drive to Tacoma and youll have a great expereince and theyll knock a good deal of money of a new RRS!

Good luck!
  • uly48uly48 Member Posts: 2
    I totally agree....I wound up buying from Land Rover of Tacoma after getting the run around from Bellevue. They seemed to think there were no options...what a joke. Lot's of options when you are spending 75K and up. They also gave me a trade in price and when I called to complete the negotiation they told me that they were wrong when they gave me the initial number. They dropped it by 5K and I dropped them.
    It's attitudes like their's that drive companies/brands into the ground. I am in the process of buying Land Rover number two. Later Bellevue........
  • trovertrover Member Posts: 5
    I RECENTLY RECEIVED A $1500 - $2000 DISCOUNT COUPON FROM LAND ROVER ON THE PURCHASE OR LEASE OF ANY NEW RANGE ROVER, RNGE ROVER SPORT OR LAND ROVER LR3V8. AS I WILL NOT BE USING IT, I AM WILLING TO PART WITH IT FOR A GENEROUS TOKEN OF APPRECIATION.

THE COUPON IS VALID AFTER MAKING YOUR BEST DEAL AS THE COUPON IS PAID TO THE DEALER DIRECTLY FROM LAND ROVER. THE COUPON CAN BE USED FROM NOW UNTIL MARCH 31, SO ANY OF YOU IN THE MARKET WHO WANT TO SAVE MONEY, PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST

PLEASE EMAIL TANIA@TANIANY.COM
  • jecytcjecytc Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am from the LA area and am looking to purchase an 08 RRS with luxury pkg in cash. How much off of MSRP should I expect? Has anybody had any favorable experiences with dealerships in the LA area? Any recommendations? Thank you.
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    I am interested in coupon. How much to buy at the chaeapest supercharged w nav and blue tooth w diamond grill?

any good dealers on east coast to deal with? I'm in VA.

Can I expect to buy for a few hudred over invoice?

Reddog
    Its not a Toyota, Honda, Nissan so no you won't buy one for a few hundred over invoice.

Are you serious? The Range Rover Sport is Land Rover's best selling model in the US and one of the hottest SUVs on the market even two and a half years after it came out. Only about 3,000 Supercharged Sports are brought into the US a year and there are no incentives on them so I don't see any dealer selling one for a few hundred over invoice.
  • pjc1pjc1 Member Posts: 72
    agreed...I purchased a supercharged in late 2007 for about $1800 off invoice and priced at three different dealers in two states. you can expect to get $1,000 to $2,000 off sticker for the RRS supercharged but not a lot more..... low supply keeps the price up... but this is a high end vehcle you either want or don't....will $1,000 really make the decison for you?
  • hkrangehkrange Member Posts: 2
    hello,

I would like to hear thoughts/opinions on deal I have with a dealer here in Boston.

Lease-RRS HSE 08, Black/Ivory, Lux pkg, Sirius radio. MSRP - $62,400

48 mth/12K, $3000 cap reduction, MF - 0.0017, Residual = 41%, $730 mth plus 5% tax.
  • roverboyroverboy Member Posts: 26
    with no down payment? If you can get that deal, take it and run. RRS with luxury package usually runs you about $1000 or more per month. If you can get under that you are lucky.
    Nah that is with 3,000 dollars cap cost reduction plus first months payment, plus taxes on the lease payment.

That is not a deal it is just the way a Sport leases.

Pull that 3,000 dollars of cap cost out and add in sales tax to the lease and you will be at over 1,000 dollars a month.
  • hkrangehkrange Member Posts: 2
    Really? When I try and calculate it out, I get an initial cap cost of $57,100. That is about $246 above invoice of $56,854. The sticker is $62,400. Let me know if I am calculating wrong or if I am forgetting something. Thanks!
  • cenzo323cenzo323 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm new to the board but have been lurking for a while. I live in the L.A. area and was hoping someone could help me find out what the current Money Factor and Residual are for an 08 Sport. I was quoted a MF of .00310 and a Residual of 63%. The dealer has dropped the price from 62k to 59k without any negotiation on RRS with Luxury and cold weather packages. $5,000 drive off $875 plus tax and 10,500 miles per year for 30 months. Is this even in the ballpark? The MF seems really high but the dealer said that's the base rate. Regards. Cenzo
  • roverboyroverboy Member Posts: 26
    cenzo, that residual sounds a bit high to me. And be careful with the math. If you add the $875 per month, plus the tax (assuming 7.5%), PLUS your down payment you get the real number.

$875 + $65 tax + $166 (down payment divided by 30 months) = $1106.

That is in the ballpark, but I would try to get it down to around $1050 per month. They are messing with you on the residual and MF. Interest rates are going way down. Do you plan on buying the truck after you lease? I've dealt with these leases for a long time, they always trick you. first decide if you are going to buy the car (or want the option to do it without getting raped) and then do the math. I would try to get out the door with $1050 per month and 2000 down out the door.
  • cenzo323cenzo323 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Roverboy, Any idea what the current MF rates and Residual should be? Also, does Land Rover do multiple security deposits like BMW in order to bring the MF down?
    Thanks again.
    Please understand that residuals are set from the bank and they can't be adjusted. The reason that residual seems high is because it is for a low mileage 10,500 miles a year lease. The published residual rates are for 15,000 miles a year. LRCG increases the residual by 3 percentage points for a 10,500 miles a year lease.

Secondly interest rates have gone down but Land Rover lease programs are quarterly and the big interest rate drops happened after the start of the quarter. Land Rover won't adjust the lease programs till after the end of the quarter.

And lastly Land Rover leases are always going to be higher on a similar MSRP vehicle compared to BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc. because Land Rover's volume is so much lower. Land Rover can't afford to put all the incentives behind the lease that the other makes do.
  • sctomlinsonsctomlinson Member Posts: 1
    which will be more reliable?

I have been dealing with my local dealer in Nashville, tn (my experience with them so far has been a joke) but it seems that a certified vehicle from them is the way to go . What I really want to know is which of the 2 lux vehix would be the better choice from a repair and maintenance standpoint. I've heard mixed reviews?? Please help.
  • bbeezybbeezy Member Posts: 2
    Hello All, I'm new to the forum. I'm just looking for advice on purchasing my first Range Rover. I want to purchase in mid-May. I live in the New Orleans area if that helps at all. Thanks in advance.
  • salesguidesalesguide Member Posts: 2
    what type of help do you need. I sell them in Frisco Texas.
  • bbeezybbeezy Member Posts: 2
    I'll just give you my situation. This will be my first new car and I don't want to be taken advantage. I just want to know how to get a fair deal. I want to put a large down payment and pay a monthly note under $950. I have a below average credit score, but my wife score is perfect. Just looking for a head start in the right direction. Thanks in advance for you help.

B.Brown
  • gregor24gregor24 Member Posts: 3
    I just signed a deal on a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE, Lux Pkg, SAT, Rear Entertainment. 15k miles/year.

30 months at $969+tax

Drive off (1st month, 595 bank fee, DMV fees) = 2,000

MSRP $64,900
    Price $60,395
    Residual 60%
    MF .00267

Let me know what you think.
  • bbraunbbraun Member Posts: 1
    Am hoping people with knowledge of plan pricing...specifically X and A can tell me how to get it. I know for plan A you need a pin number. Need serious information on how to get this pricing.
    Thanks in advance.
  • salesguidesalesguide Member Posts: 2
    IN ORDER TO GET AN X PLAN YOU HAVE TO BE A FRIEND OF SOMEONE WHO WORKS FOR A FORD AFFILIATE. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT DOES HAVE THEM CONTACT THEIR FORD REP. WHICH IS SOMEONE AT THE OFFICE OR THEY CAN GET IT BY GOING
    https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/login.do IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LOGIN IN THEN CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT
    http://www.ford.com/purchasing-options/vehicle-purchase-programs/friends-and-nei- ghbors-program/vehicle-discounts-127p
    YOU WILL NEED THE EMPLOYEE TO GIVER THEIR SOCIAL AND HAVE THEM PUT THE PIN NUMBER IN YOUR NAME WITH YOUR SOCIAL. I THINK BUYING ONE IS 4% OVER INVOICE. MINUS ANY REBATES OR INCENTIVES WE HAVE IF THE DEALER WILL LET YOU DO IT.
    I HOPE THIS HELPS. MOST OF THE CUSTOMERS ALREADY HAVE A PIN NUMBER.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I just want to know when will there be a redesigned of range rover sport
    and the range rover vogue?