Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Coupe / Civic Si 2006+

Comments

• davisinladavisinla Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the link - The US has missed some of Honda's best ads. This is a great one!
  • strumeliastrumelia Member Posts: 48
    As I mentioned before, I received a recall letter for my 2006 EX Coupe about 3 weeks ago- that letter concerned both the gas pedal and the airbag sensor recall. I got both taken care of already. I was told it only affects 06 civics included in some batch numbers, not all.
    Strumelia.
  • chuckd2chuckd2 Member Posts: 12
    I thought my price was good untill I read these posts. I'm 44 with a great record. AAA@1350 per year. I'll have to price shop for new insurance..
  • chuckd2chuckd2 Member Posts: 12
    Maybe it's me, but it seems like this car doesn't track real nice down the road, meaning that it seems like I always have to keep adjusting the wheel. My other car is a 2001 voyager minivan and that just goes straight down the road without thought. The Si doesn't pull or anything, and the tires are properly balanced (I had them checked)...
    Anyone else feel this way or is it that I'm just not used to such a tight steering/suspension car? I've owned 1 corvette and a few trans-ams/camaro so I have had performance cars before....it's just been a while.
  • dowright82dowright82 Member Posts: 23
    When you say pony up and don't do it, are you saying that because the 06 is so much better?? If he's offering $20000 for a 2004 with 7800 miles on it, that seems like its almost brand new!

Help me out here - what is a fair price to pay for a 2006 wrx??
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    My special order fell through on the Civic Si w/NAV. Has anybody else been able to get one except for the very first few?

BooHoo,

MidCow
    New WRX has the 2.5L engine instead of 2.0L big difference in turbo lag. $20K sound way too high for a 04 and would be a great price on 06 new. About the same as Si. Si is high rev car lots of fun in a differnet way.

My order fell through on Si w/NA. Now i need to decide if I want a red one wo NAV production date next week.

decisions decisions, ( boss said only NAV , no says it is my decision ?? )

MidCow
  • integradriverintegradriver Member Posts: 123
    Sorry to hear that...they gave up on finding one for you?
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    midcow,

You may want to consider a non-navi Civic and the shirt-pocket portable Garmin nüvi 350 navigation system. No voice control of audio & climate control, but a fine one-way voice navigator for about $700 discounted. Top-rated by PC Magazine recently too.

http://www.garmin.com/products/nuvi/
  • galaxysigalaxysi Member Posts: 2
    The corvette, trans-am and camaro are in completely different catagories. I've owned a trans am also. but you have to realize they are rear wheel drive.. The tracking and tight steering on the Si is not only the tight suspension(which I love) but the front wheel drive adds to what your experiencing. I've had my Si since Jan 3rd and enjoy it.. But it takes some getting used to if your used to driving rear wheel sports cars.. I go on a daily basis from driving a '04 GMC Sierra to driving the Si.. and its 2 different worlds!
  • travis77travis77 Member Posts: 63
    I'm 28 and have an 06 civic ex,,, my insurance is through Farm Bureau and i pay $958 a year with one speeding ticket on record in past 3 years. That is with a $500 deductable also
  • twomotortwomotor Member Posts: 17
    Looking to get a 2006 LX Coupe, listened to all the safety features and the high rating from National Insurance something or other as told by the salesman. Well I'm thinking State Farm is really going to like this but I better check before I buy: 59 yrs old, married, have a clean driving record - qualify for all their discounts accept for being an honor student $711.72 a year, just for the heck of it, give me a quote, same coverage, for an Accord LX 4 cyl coupe $665.58, Solara SE 4 cyl $622.42
    Seems like something is wrong with this picture.
    Twomotor
  • manashtashmanashtash Member Posts: 7
    I'm about the same age and circumstances as you and only pay $591/yr ($100/$500 deductible) on an '06 civic coupe EX with Unigard Insurance.
    I got reapproval what do you tink about a red 2006 S2000? Got a quote so far $3K under MSRP

The dealer also made a mistake on the Non NAV Si

Cheers,

MidCow
    Not familiar with Unigard, have a $250.00 0n the collision only. But with the Civic's high rating, why is it the most expensive?
    Twomotor
  • riposteriposte Member Posts: 160
    An S2000 for commuting??? They're VERY hard riding, and don't make power 'till way up in the RPM band. No NAV in the S2000. Why is an S2000 w/o NAV OK, but an Si w/o NAV is not OK?

What about an Acura TSX w/ NAV?
    Because I really wanted the S2000 all along.Everything fell in place after we didn't buy another investment high pressure land lot this week; boy free criuises are high prsssure sales pitches. The "commuter car" was just to obtain spousal approval ;) ; don't blow my cover. I have a 6-speed 2005 Accord Coupe w/NAV for commuting and a S2000 for fun plus my wife's car and son's car. I have a smooth ride and may us it to commute or just for top-down fun on weekends. we'll see.

MidCow

P.S.- I wanted a Red Civic Si w/NAV ( my wife wanted NAV in case my son later got the car) I place money down on December 17, 2005 for a special Civic Si order. It was to be high reving and fun. Maybe a little better mileage than my Accord. The Honda dealer kept screwing around with the order. Then I find out the NAV was rejected they didn't tell me. And not only than they don't have any red SIs coming in, would I take a black Si wo/NAV. Honda isn't going to have NAV. This particular honda delaer has a Red 2006 S2000 that I am trying to negotiate a better price because of their special order screwup. In the meantime I find that finally S2000s for 2006 have skid control and some other changes and that they are available and being discounted. I had toyed with the idea of the S2000 before. Anyyway I am looking for a red 2006 S2000 and have already gotten one good quote back from another dealer; just sent out Saturday night.
    One other thing, I fit the demographic target better for the S2000 than the Civic Si.

I think both are great cars though.

Soon to have red 2006 S2000,

MidCow
  • sigt1sigt1 Member Posts: 66
    Just make sure you get the hardtop for winter; dunno where you live (Im in Chicago)

cheers! s2000 is a cool car!

TSX is nice; just make sure its a manual

considering the si...
  • promikepromike Member Posts: 35
    Just some friendly advice...Please quit posting what you pay for insurance. Premiums are based on: state, county, limits & deductibles, accident history, motor vehicle records, credit history, age, sex, marital status, home ownership & more. So posting what you pay cannot possibly be fairly compared to what someone else pays. It just takes up space in the forum.
    insurance just like anyother good or service is negotiable

statefarm quoted me 1000 for 6 months 500 dollar detuctible; esurance quoted me 540 for the same coverage

i told statefarm i was leaving and they dropped their quote to 800; still too high and like most insurance companies, they punish younger drivers too much in their risk calculations—regardless if the car is a toyota camry LE or a ford mustang GT

you can shop around for insurance and that was the whole point of people posting what they pay, to help people shop around and get a general feel of what it costs to insure an Si

thanks
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Good points. Folks, if you'd like to continue comparing insurance costs, it's better done in the What do you pay for insurance? topic in our Smart Shopper Forum. Thanks :-)

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Would love to, but tooo !!! broad of a topic. Interested in 2006 Honda Civic insurance premiums paid.
    Twomotor
    I think the 2006 Civic Si is a great car but i was unable to get one.

I bought a 2006 Red S2000 at invoice!

Signing off,

MidCow

P.S. My insurance will be $1,400 per year for $100K/$250K
    Even better my insurance quote was wrong only $1046 a year for a S2000 Life id Good!

Peace,

Gone but not forgotten MidCow
    cheers on your new ride, enjoy
  • manashtashmanashtash Member Posts: 7
    My posted message #413 stated CDs were getting too hot too touch on long trips. Now its escalated to the CD player stopping and starting intermittently after playing for about 15 minutes, and then flashing "disk error". Anyone else having such problems with their CD player? Dealer has ordered a new CD Player.
    Hi, twomotor,

The point of the insurance topic in the Smart Shopper Forum is to compare prices with other owners of the same vehicle, as well as people in the insurance industry. That would be the best place to discuss it, if at all -- as Promike noted, a lot of factors influence premiums, so comparisons may not be fair or enlightening to anyone.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

comparing insurance premiums is enlightening as it helps to rupture the monopolization of information held by the insurance companies; the more information a consumer knows, the better. it cannot hurt the buyer to know the premiums of others. some insurance companies penalize certain vehicles and drivers more than others, and the comparing of premiums can help distinguish between those policies that do just that.

the idea that we should not post what we are quoted/paying in premiums for the Civic Si in the Civic Si forum is not fair as insurance is one of the costs of owning a vehicle, and posting premium information cannot hurt the members of this community browsing the forum for information that may lead to a potential buy.

the "advice" given by promike (who is an insurance agent himself) is not justified as the accumulation of knowledge does not hinder educated decisions, it only improves upon them.

I will be taking further insurance talk to the forum mentioned, although it would be easier for users to obtain information paid on Civic Si insurance premiums in the Civic Si insurance forum.

thanks
  • riposteriposte Member Posts: 160
    Folks might want to keep a lookout for a USED 2006 Si.

I did a check on one of those auto trader type of sites, and found a 2006 Si, white, WITH Nav and the HFP wheels, and only 2340 miles.

Something to keep in mind for all you impatient types out there. :D
  • promikepromike Member Posts: 35
    Some people understand the point we are trying to make and some just don't get it. I was only trying to be helpful. When you take into consideration all of the variables, there is no value in knowing what someone else is paying. Call an independent agent who represents a number of different companies and have him run a comparison for you or call every company in the phone book and those numbers would be meaningful since they are based on Your variables not mine or someone elses.
    i understand your point
    i do not understand why you would post something like, "please stop posting premiums" and not the post which you just recently posted, which is informative. and IMO, if i can sift through 10 posts and see 10 premiums I can get a ballpark figure for what mine would be. i averaged 1100-1400 from the posts here most with 500 dollar detuctible. State Farm and Geico quoted me 1600-2000, esurance quoted me 1200. Had I not know what other people were paying, I would just assume those were fair quotes, and for me, sifting through 10 posts is easier than "calling every company in the phone book," or dealing with "independent agents" who still are, insurance agents, and who yes, have something to gain by you paying more for insurance

thanks.
    I will be taking further insurance talk to the forum mentioned

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic...

• drjondrjon Member Posts: 6
    Could it be the dealership is relatively new? I live in the California mountains-big time Subaru country. Any how, the only dealership from here to Sacramento that would even quote me a price (and they don't even demand the $4K+ over MSRP that the dealership in San Francisco apparently requires!) Two months' wait, MSRP, I could turn down the red Si they offered, and they'll get me a blue one. And really nice people to deal with. Afraid I might wake up, but I'll write again when I'm behind the wheel. I researched the heck out of these cars; Honda is really stepping ahead of the pack.
    PS Dealer said it's about impossible to get an SI with NAV. And he heard that people with summer tires were having to replace way early as the rubber's so soft. Sooo, I'd just add GPRS to my Palm Treo, stick her on the dash, and drive!
  • sonnysisonnysi Member Posts: 7
    I put a $500 deposit (refundable) for a Silver 2006 Civic SI yesterday at San Diego's Pacific Honda. And they offer the car $2K over the msrp for a total of $22,535.
    This is w/o Navi and w/o Summer tires.
    they expect a 1,5 month wait for the car to be delivered.
    However, I have been reading the forums and started to think that when the car arrives and I do my test drive, I will not be willing to pay more than MSRP.
    The dealer was telling me stories from other dealers in southern california which were asking almost $4k over the msrp.
    I have a 2005 Civic EX 2dr Special Edition and I am actually happy with my car. I am not that desperate for the SI and that,s why I will not agree to pay more than MSRP.
    We ll see what ll happen...
  • drjondrjon Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, for my blue Si they wanted a $2000 check deposit-- but promised the color I wanted, MSRP, and if Honda should start delaying, they'd give me the check back. I feel comfortable with them; they explained Honda's ordering process in detail. In brief, they submit a computerized request of all the cars they want. Pretty soon Honda lets them know which ones would be bumped and not built. then maybe 2-3 weeks later, further confirmation, a build date, is supplied to the dealer. that's where I am at, and the dealer says that now he's gotten a build date (3/3 - 3/5 approximately) it's pretty solid that I will get the car. He'll get a VIN soon before the build date, too.
    eh try and get invoice; msrp is still too much
  • sonnysisonnysi Member Posts: 7
    which dealer is this?
  • 06civicex06civicex Member Posts: 1
    I have an 06 Civic EX Coupe w/navi and after 3 days the trunk release failed... to the point that the only way the Honda service guys could get the trunk open was to cut their way in through the back seat. I've since discovered the reason for the failure was the contents of the trunk got tangled into the release mechanism. I think you will see a recall or retrofit come out soon for this issue. Has anyone else heard of this problem? If not, look in the trunk at the BIG GIANT cheap plastic release mechanism and notice how vulnerable it is to shifting trunk contents.
    riposte,

I got news for you. It has a taut sporty ride, but it is not hard riding. Even during my breakein there is lots of power. At highway speed in 6th it is still geared pretty low about 19 mph per 1,000 RPM. Thos who say "...don't make power'till way up in the RPM band" obviously don't own one becuase it just isn't true!!!

I drove to work this morning with hte top down. It was great!
  • ginobilieeeginobilieee Member Posts: 7
    Just got the 06 Si for MSRP yesterday with Silver and window tint. Looks sharp, and drives like a little rocket! It still amazes me that Honda can put this quality in a car for this $$ amount.

One thing I did notice is that the seats, though they look and feel great, have upholstery that seems like it may not last more than 5 years. Almost too soft to the touch. Anyone think these things will last?
    at chicago auto show the seat material began to fold and crimp up; the only rememdy i can see is that if you get a professional upholster to "pull" the fabric once its gotten loose; but yeah, many people getting in and out of the car at the autoshow can give you a good idea of how well the fabric puts up w/ use
  • kalamazookalamazoo Member Posts: 18
    I have an Si below MSRP,BUT at invoice, I don't think you have a realistic understanding of the Si market for the 06's. Used Si's are going for MSRP.
  • kalamazookalamazoo Member Posts: 18
    I think the seats are a bit cheesy too. Also, very hard to vacuum, every bit of lint shows and sticks.
  • linz_silinz_si Member Posts: 1
    YOU HAVE MY CAR SILVER WITH TINT AND EVERYTHING-I AM INTERESTED IN HEARING WHAT YOU THINK I HAVE MY DOWNPAYMENT ON IT AS WE SPEAK- I AM LOCATED IN CANADA SO ITS ALITTLE MORE PRICEY HERE- ITS ABOUT 27K WITHOUT THE TAXES I WANTED TO ASK AROUND AND SEE OTEHRS WHAT THEY PAID- ALTHOUGH I THINK YOU ARE IN THE STATES LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YA EMAIL ME
  • ginobilieeeginobilieee Member Posts: 7
    Please don't SHOUT at a fellow si owner. What do I think??? Like others, I think it is an awesome little car.

Just went over 1,200 miles and decided to hit iVTEC yesterday. The car seemed to morph into Godzilla (I was in 3rd gear)... There was so much unexpected noise and stong acceleration that actually startled me. I slowed down and laughed. Then I did it again... Same thing when in 3rd at 6K + on the tach it turns into a little monster again (I am not really looking at the tach though). Shifting quickly through 4th, 5th and 6th all while iVTEC is screaming and the car is tracking perfectly straight. (I think this is why it has DBW, so you won't loose your revs in iVTEC) It hits 95mph and then I slow down. What a gas. It was like having your own little rocket roller coaster. Wait till you break it in, but do the same (but watch out for the Mounties).

Paid MSRP for everything... fog lights, XM and tint though they did throw the nose mask for free. Seems like the total (with 6.25% tax) was almost $23,000.

I like the silver, it looks very good with the (almost) black windows, black tires, black nose mask and silver rims (17inch). Hides dirt pretty good too.

The only downside for me is the few miles of "textured" road I have to drive over each day (seems they are going to resurface it soon). You definitely hear more tire noise.

So far, everything else is a 10 out of 10. Let us know what you find after you get yours. Can't wait to commute home today, tomorrow, next week, next month, etc....
  • rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13
    I have recently purchased the above mentioned vehicle. Since day one the car has pulled hard to the left. The car coasts perfectly straight but apply power the car pulls. The service department has had the vehicle twice trying to correct the issue with the last time telling me it was the tires. They claim a mix up with Michelin and Honda cause incorrect tires to be placed on the car. This simply doesn't sound right to me. I just got the car back again from them and the pulling is not as severe but it still pulls. They have agreed to look at it again but I was wondering if anyone has heard of the issue or can tell me if the tire statement could be accurate. HELP!
  • rivetedriveted Member Posts: 13
    Hey,

I traded down from my Infiniti G35 to my 2006 Honda Civic Si. So far I've had a blast driving it when I've had it. Had some issues with the car pulling that the dealership is trying to correct. I've had a few peers wonder why I've traded down. I just smile and make them wonder what I'm doing with the other $18,000.
  • sailing216sailing216 Member Posts: 98
    Since there are none around to be test driven, how is the engine noise on the highway at 75mph in 6th gear? Is it louder than the tire noise? What RPMs are you running at that speed in 6th gear? I could test drive an EX at those RPM numbers and probably get the same effect.

The scion TC's engine noise was twice as loud as the tires. That car needs a 6th gear.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.