Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 BMW 3 Series Coupe

panzer948panzer948 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in BMW
Thinking about getting the new E90 series BMW, but noticed that the current coupe versions are last years design. Can't seem to find any information on the 2-dour version of the E90. Does anyone know when this will be coming out and if there will be any signigcant changes from its 4 door brothers.
Thanks.

Comments

• navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    why did you create two of these discussions on the Future Vehicles page?
  • panzer948panzer948 Member Posts: 7
    My mouse double clicked twice by accident. I need to readjust it or something. I will see if I can delete the other one.
    OK now i get it.

I have a pic of the BMW M3 in my August issue of Car and Driver. I will scan it tomorrow if you'd like. It has a bit of info about the car.
  • panzer948panzer948 Member Posts: 7
    That would be great. Don't know if I can afford the M3, but the regular coup version is in my view. Maybe a few mods will get it close to the M3. I guess the regular 330 coupe will come out about the same time. Any idea when? Thanks.
  • nextepisodenextepisode Member Posts: 2
    3 German mags have all published pics/renders of the new 3-series coupe, and they also look basically the same. Autobild also did some renderings that look pretty similar. So is this the real deal? If so waht do you think of it?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/?p=402
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    I think they look really sharp! Maybe even sharp enough to get me off an E90 sedan and back into a two door. :P
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    I changed the title of this discussion to be consistent with the rest of the topics on the board.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Why don't you post in the already existing BMW 3 Series Coupe discussion??? It was created a few days ago as well.

BTW thanks for that link. I liked the pictures. I posted a your link on the other 3 Series discussion.

HOST - Why don't you merge these discussions?
    Someone else created another BMW 3 Series discussion and posted a great link with pictures. Thank nextepisode for posting the link.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/?p=402
  • nextepisodenextepisode Member Posts: 2
  • barbadosbarbados Member Posts: 3
    When you do get the pic scanned I would love to take a look. This is something that we should have down here for the Barbados International Auto Show, in September. Even if we could have brochures.....

Looking out for the pic.
  • x328cix328ci Member Posts: 4
    Hey im going to be ordering a 328ci coupe, im tradin in my 05 325i. anyway I cant decide on the leather. I want to have a cool different leather i have black in my sedan but I was thinking red with the alum trim but a lot of people I know says its not cool and over the top what do you guys think? Im gettin jet black would the saddle brown look cool with jet black? Im young so I want it to look sporty and cool and not boring....
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    nothin' cooler than black on black but no, no, not brown and black...a BMW does not respond well to flash for some reason....my friend has black with tan interior and the wood trim, and it looks pretty nice.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,580
    Just to prove the old saying about opinions...

I think the brown happens to look great with the black... :surprise:

The nice thing about the brown (not sand) interior with BMW, is it comes with black carpets and dash... lends a nice contrast.. In the BMW, the brown looks like nice leather furniture...

I haven't seen the new red... If it is a darker wine color, that would look great... If it is really red... I agree.. too flashy..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh yeah, well then why on that "don't drink and dress" poster is the guy wearing black shorts with brown shoes? :P
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    I had the natural brown leather in my 325xi and I'd hope the brown is along those lines...

-Paul
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,580
    Yeah... I know... it seems counter-intuitive, and I agree with you generally... but, the natural brown that erickpl refers to, looks really good in black cars, and has a 2-tone black/brown appearance..

I am also assuming that saddle brown is the same basic look..

Just don't ask my wife about the color matching thing, when it comes to my clothes.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Okay you ask your wife about brown upholstery in a black BMW and get back to us, all right?
  • abfischabfisch Member Posts: 591
    Uuuwww. I could not disagree more. Black on Black, would be the hottest(temperature wise)inside the car, sitting in the sun. Although I have a black BMW, it is the metallic with the tan also. But I did not have a choice, buying the car used. Wood trim is for old Rolls Royces and Jaguar's only. Dark colors look better with with chrome trim. Light colors look best with flat black trim. All opinion, but contrast is what makes it. My buddy has wooden trim on a 330cic, the dark wood trim, if it is real wood. Unimpressive and misplaced to some. Aluminum or Titanium in a sports car.

abfisch
    You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I think wood looks very much at home in a 3 series. Our older E46 325xi had Oxford green exterior, black trim, and on the inside had the Natural Brown leather with wood trim.

rear_interior skimblz_

-Paul
    It's a tasteful AMOUNT of wood, not like the forest they cut down for a Rolls or the treatment they give Mercedes wood to make it look like plastic (how DO they do that? :confuse: )

Sure black on black is not practical (or very smart) for hot climates but like that little black dress and pearls, you can't go wrong. It's classic.
    Oh I agree. Black/black is a timeless look, just a royal pain in a certain anatomical area to maintain and keep looking nice.

I personally love the green/brown/wood look. My current vehicle has a dark (almost black wood) on it (yes it's real) with black/grey interior. Looks nice and stays cleaner a lot longer, but the exterior is lighter colored.

-Paul
This discussion has been closed.