Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Run Flat Tires

Comments

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,261
    The BMW dealer you spoke with was repeating BMW North America's official position on tire rotation. They believe that each tire should stay in its original position throughout the useful life of the tire. This does result in uneven wear patterns but should not result in cupping. As you saw, BMW dealers are still willing to perform tire rotation, even though they don't recommend it.

The alignment on these cars is set up to favor responsiveness and grip instead of long, even tread wear.

See below for one person's experience with Firestone's lifetime alignment program:

http://www.firestone-kills.com/alignmentscam.htm

For comparison purposes, I have about 9200 miles on my 17" summer sport-package tires. Front-rear rotation can't be done on these because they use different sizes on the front and rear. New tires in those sizes have 10/32" of tread. Mine have 8/32" remaining all the way across on the rear tires. The fronts have 7/32" on the outside edges, 9/32" in the middle, and 8/32" on the inside edges. I'm not very concerned about the wear pattern because it's symmetric, the tires are producing no more noise than normal, and the amount of wear is consistent with what I would expect from a high-performance summer tire.
  • dino11dino11 Member Posts: 32
    1) the issue of cast rims is this - while the tire is driveable the rims can still be damaged as there is little distance between the rim edge and road surface. Cast rims are not as strong as forged. Second, the old forged rims were two-piece so that you can replace just the outer periphery.

2) as to the issues becoming apparent - Yes, they became apparent after my lease. I did not focus on the tires.. my ignorance. As this was my 4th BMW, I ASSUMED that whatever BMW did engineering-wise was fine. Their cars IN THE PAST had been superbly designed and engineered. I lease and have had no horror stories. In a three year lease, generally, the car goes in only for 15k service...
    So, my past experience lulled me into complacency... You live and learn... caveat emptor- buyer/lessee beware!

Based on my recent experience, I consider myself knowledgeable about run-flats. I would never go near them again. Indeed, I just leased an Audi for my bride. An Audi with a full-size tire in the trunk!
  • docsride2docsride2 Member Posts: 3
    I have an '07 328i wagon with sports package and RTF. I absolutely hate the ride. I just test drove the 09 Audi A4 2.0 Avant (I need to have wagons) and loved it. The new 09 has a longer wheel base and drives very smooth yet it has a sporty feel. I was ready to trade the car in but realized I was going to loose to much on the trade so I am stuck with the BMW. The RTF' are holding OK at 16K, but my plan is to put Michelins when these wear out and eventually pass on the car to my son when our now 13 year old Volvo850 T5 wagon (wonderful car they do not make any more like it) dies.

Keep in mind the BMW puts Michelins on their high end $95K M5's and they do not give them a spare tire either.they do not mess around with RTF's on their fancy sports cars! They give them a"comfort package" with an air compressor that plugs to your cigarette lighter to reinflate a flat with enough air pressure until you get to a garage station that can fix the flat. I was told this kit is available online for about $70.Much better than carrying a donut and not runk space left.

If I could, I would get the Audi Avant I just drove.
  • dino11dino11 Member Posts: 32
    i missed your point aboiut repairability - i was told by local tire dealers that they will not repair a run-flat becuase of liability issues. They have no way of determining if the tire suffered internal structural damage- the sidewalls may not be torn, but nevertheless weakened. So, they do not want to touch them... buy a new one instead. Have you heard anything different. BTW, you can mount nonrunflats on a run-flat rim- except for Honda Odyssey. This was what Tirerack told me.(www.tirerack.com)
  • lipplipp Member Posts: 58
    Thanks for your response. BMW North America should reconsider their position on "not" rotating tires. Every reputable tire manufacturer and installer recommends rotation every 3-5000 miles on high performance tires. Uneven wear patterns including cupping can result from not rotating, from front end being out of alignment, from incorrect tire pressure and/or from damaged front end parts. On a car with 17,000 miles that has never had the tires rotated one must strongly consider rotation as a possibility. Again consult with tire experts - not BMW. BMW takes a position but refuses to take responsibility for the poor results achieved because of that position. Read the 155 messages prior to this one. I agree with one writer that a "class action suit only makes the lawyers rich" but I would get on the band wagon if necessary.

With regards to your website "firestone-kills".....give me a break. This is one mans story and it's old news. The site was last updated in 2002. We can all find "tabloid" left wing anti-anything websites, out to destroy companies and organizations. I would guess there are several left wing sites beating up BMW also. I respect free press but I avoid tabloids in the supermarkets as well as on line. I have more faith in my states DMV and Consumer Protection Department as well as the Attorney General's office.

Lastly your reference for comparison does not fit my situation. Totally different scenario. Totally different tire. As you state, "front end rotation cannot be done".

Are you employed by BMW???
    Lexus published a TSB for the SC430 with run-flat option that described when one can and can't be repaired. If memory serves, once it's dismounted, it will show signs of stress on the inside of the tire--indicating structural damage. You might try calling some more tire shops. Some are willing to repair a run-flat.
    Most vehicle manufacturers who recommend tire rotation recommend an interval of 6-10,000 miles, even on high-performance tires.

I don't see cyber gripe sites as having a political slant... For each site that exists, there is a consumer that is very hacked off about their experience (or, in the alternative, has no experience at all, and fabricated the story because they are disgruntled for some other reason), and often the company being targeted has failed to take basic steps to remedy the situation.

I am here because I have not experienced the same severity of issues that others have with the run-flat tires. Yes, the ride is harsh at times, and yes, the availability of shops that can mount or repair the tires is an issue, but my tires haven't worn out in 8,000 miles, cupped, started making noise, etc...

Lastly, I am not employed by BMW. I have said enough nasty things about them and their dealer network (here and other places) that it is highly unlikely they would consider me a candidate for hiring. My car is not perfect and has its issues, they're just not related to the run-flat tires.
  • hunt6hunt6 Member Posts: 1
    Reading the complaints about RFTires are consistent with my experience. I purchased a 2006 330i last year and was told I had no option with run flats. When the noise became so loud (about 10,000 miles) I took my car to Performance in Chapel Hill, NC and explained the problem. The first response was that they had not had that problem before. Later, I was told that because of low pressure the tires had worn unevenly and I would have to replace the tires at $400 each. After researching the internet, I called a regional service rep and was given the same run around. I have owned 4 BMW and always valued the performance and professionalism of BMW service. I will never by another BMW. I Believe that RFTires are not ready for mass distribution and owners of a few models are being used as unknowing testers for the industry. I would join a class action if one gets started. :mad:
  • waiwai Member Posts: 325
    I totally understand your frustration with BMW's RFT tires, seems that the rubber compound is hardening like a rock. If I buy BMW330i, I would only buy a 330i if the dealer is willing to take off the RFT wheel combination, and installed with the same spec high performance nonrunflat tires at no extra charge.
    I really don't think you will find a dealer that will do that. Let us know if you do.
  • rmalcomrmalcom Member Posts: 4
    I also purchased a 2006 330i last year (08/2005) and have had the same problems with these tires.... slight vibrations, humming at higher speeds, and a muffled grinding/growling noise when coming to a stop... starting between 9 and 10,000 miles. My Dealership examined the tires and said there was some "feathering" on the front tires and that rotating them should alleviate the problem. The rotation was done (at a cost of $115 to me). The symptoms are somewhat less now but not completely gone. I informed them of this and asked them what would keep the tires now in front from "feathering". I was told that if the problem persists or worsens I (by having had them rotated) have done all I can and that BMW should take of the problem. He (my service rep.) did say that he was aware of one other similar instance and that BMW did replace the tires. We shall see.

I don't know about you, but I did not purchase a $42,000+ car expecting to spend another $1200 replacing the tires every year.
    I would be surprised if BMW replaces your tires. They are really sticking to their guns that the tire manufacturer is responsible for the tires. Every car manufacturer will tell you the same as BMW. Also, as you know, they strongly suggest that the run flats NOT be rotated. If you are persistent then they will reluctantly do it. As far as charging you $115...you got screwed, in plain english. I hope they at least balanced them for that price. It's a shame that nobody steps up to the plate to help resolve these issues. Neither the tire manufacturer, nor BMW, will take responsibility. I too am extremely upset that I spent $40,000 and have inferior tires on my car. I did not expect to spend $1,200 a year on tires and when I am ready to purchase another car, BMW will probably not be on my short list.
  • rmalcomrmalcom Member Posts: 4
    Regarding the issue of rotating run flats.....My service rep told me that they should be ratated every 5000 miles or so. I can't find any info in any of the manuals that came with the car and I did not receive a copy of the tire warranty from Bridgestone (??). However I did receive a "BMW HELPFUL HINTS" sheet from the dealer stateing..."For proper tire/tread life, tires should be rotated every 7500 miles. Failure to do so could cause the tires to prematurely "cup", thus reducing their life. "M" cars and some Sports Package cars cannot be rotated.".

They did not specifically address RFTs. I'm going to call the dealership for a copy of the Bridgestone warranty.
  • owner6owner6 Member Posts: 89
    They replaced Mine as a "Good Will" gesture. It took hard work and persistence on my part. See message # 142 above.
    owner6
  • ek2415ek2415 Member Posts: 2
    FYI My BMW dealer in Syracuse NY replaced my tires in March with pirelli RF tires at no charge to me.
  • jttirejttire Member Posts: 1
    Did you get the tire/wheel warranty? What was the cost and time frame? Were they willing to negotiate on the cost of the warranty?
  • rflrfl Member Posts: 100
    The tire/wheel warranty was never offered. This is NOT my first BMW...and I never heard of the warranty until I read about it on this site.Hopefully their lack of having offered any warranty (though I doubt it would apply) might be the thing that will encourage them to replace these tires with ones that are usable.
  • bmwnabmwna Member Posts: 32
    I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
    Please have the CRR get in touch with me. MY BMW VIN # is WBAVD33596KV59981. I am getting nowhere with the dealer.
    I too would like to hear from CRR regarding my run flat problems. Please pass my messages along. My VIN # is WBAVB13546KR62597. I was never offered a tire warranty and never knew one had existed until I read about it on this message board. My dealer has been cooperative but their only advice (which was given to me today following service) is to contact Customer Relations. Thanks for your help.
    Don't get your hopes up... After being contacted, I complied with their instructions to take my car to a dealer, only to be told that the electrical issues I am experiencing (no rest function on HVAC, constant low battery warnings when using the accessories, and radio switches itself off a couple of seconds after being turned on with the ignition off) are supposedly normal, and that they don't troubleshoot rattles on Saturdays. They could have told me that when I made the appointment!
    Has anyone replaced run flat tires on a 2006 330xi (new body style E90)with standard tires and what was your experience with the new tires? Is the ride over bumps any easier? What did u do about a spare? A donut will not fit in the well on this car. The dealer is being most cooperative and is asking what I want to do... he is suggesting that the problem may not be necessarily be the run flats but the 330xi suspension(in combination with the RFT's) instead and that replacing the run flats may not solve the problem. They are suggesting that maybe I'd be better swapping cars for a rear-wheel drive 330i. Any input appreciated. BMW seems to be willing to cooperate to fix the problem which they agree makes for a really rough ride in this car.
  • johnmcnhjohnmcnh Member Posts: 3
    In My case I have to say YES Absolutely! I really started hearing a humming from the tires at about 1500 miles and at 8000 it's like being on a BUS!!!!! The tires look great with perfect tread but this noise really irritates me. I have had 6 3 series since 92 and believe me I know how BMWs handle and what to expect. :mad:
  • johnmcnhjohnmcnh Member Posts: 3
    Has anybody heard of any legal action yet? :mad:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's some litigation over the run-flats installed on Siennas over premature wear. The suits started up last fall and it'll take a while for that to shake out.

Automakers dump spare tires to increase gas mileage (FortWayne.com)

Interesting post here about run-flats failing when flat:

mcase2, "Run-flat, self-sealing, PAX tires for Minivans" #441, 8 Jan 2006 8:39 am

Steve, Host
  • hankster1hankster1 Member Posts: 1
    I will want to replace the run flats with regular tires when they wear. This doesn't affect the car warranty? What tires do you advise to use? Wish I would have seen this forum before. Didn't notice the noise during test rides..eek.
  • carl61carl61 Member Posts: 3
    :( My dealer has agreed to replace my tires because they agree that the noise I'm hearing at 13K miles is very loud. They refer to their agreement to do this as "GOODWILL". However, their goodwill only goes so far. They really tainted what could have been a good effort on their part when they told me I would have to pay for the mounting, balancing and alignment to the tune of over $300. I couldn't very well refuse to take tires but when it comes time to trade up I will definitely have no trouble considering another dealer. If they had just done the job they would have had my loyalty no matter what but they chose to beat me out of $300 for a problem they and/or BMW should be 100% responsible for. Anyway, I don't expect much different from these new tires.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    Try complaining to BMWNA - it won't cost anything, and they may be willing to compensate you for it.
  • mpt1mpt1 Member Posts: 12
    I’ve had my ’06 330xi (no sports package) for about one month and can honestly say I hate the way this car rides. I’m trying to decide whether it’s the run flats, the suspension or a combination of both. Some of the highways where I live are cement and are slightly undulating. The car bounces over these small dips and crests literally throwing me and the passengers up, down and around. Then I might go over a slightly buckled expansion joint and BOOM – the shock waves up through the seat and up my back are downright awful. Choppy roads translate into a lot of vibration throughout the car and my body. I’m not kidding when I say that every time I drive the car my lower back actually hurts for hours afterwards. Very harsh, jittery ride on anything but baby-butt smooth asphalt. I’ve been driving these same roads for 20 years with probably 12 different cars and haven’t experienced anything even close to this.

So, question: do you think if I ditch the run flats and take my chances with regular tires I’ll improve the ride as I describe it? I’m fairly certain it will handle the bumps a lot better but what about the choppy road vibration and bounciness? Does anyone know if there's a way to relax the suspension? Has anyone actually replaced the run flats with regular tires? I have to do something. I can’t go on driving this car the way it is!
    What is the easiest route to contacting someone at BMWNA? Thanks for your help.
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Here's my experience with the el-42 rft's on '06 330Xi. I had an air bag sensor problem which I returned to the dealer twice. Ultimate solution was to relace wiring harness in steering wheel but between the trips to the dealer, I had the pleasure to test the RFT's because I developed a flat around 10 miles into a 100 mile trip on the rear driver side. The car kept decently balance up to 65 mph all the way, so if you have a loved on in this car, they really do work. Unfortunately, I had a local Goodyear dealer change to a new tire and they scratched the rim since they probably did not have the special machine in the BMW garage. Cost for new tire, $300...cost for rim, $0 since the repair shop agreed to pay. This car has the sport pkg, 17" rims and handling is great but I believe you will experience similar road feedback with any low profile tire...might stick better but the suspension is the suspension.
  • rhmassrhmass Member Posts: 263
    So you had the tire replaced with a different brand and thus different tread pattern? My understanding has always been that it is extremely important to have the same tire (even same tread depth of the same tires) on at least the same axle for all wheel drive. Otherwise it may damage the AWD system.
    I picked up my car from the dealer today with brand new RE050A RFT Potenza tires. It is like driving a brand new car. The dealers good will cost me $329.00 for mounting, balancing. alignment etc. but the car drives better now than it ever did before. I still feel the originals were defective because I always had a vibration (shimmy) in the steering wheel as if the tires were out of balance. That was never eliminated until now with these new tires. I don't know how long they'll last but for now I don't have to turn the volume on the radio up to hear it over the humming tires and the ride is smooth. I'll keep everyone posted.
  • imran62781imran62781 Member Posts: 26
    Just picked up my 2006 325xi this past weekend. This is my first post on the forum, something I wish I didn't have to join, but there seem to be so many problems. I have read all the posts about the RFTs. Most seem to have a problem, very few said they are fine with them. After spending so much money on this car it sucks to not be able to enjoy the ride since i'm worried about getting a damn flat. Anyway, my question is simple, should I get the tire/wheel warranty or not? The dealer says it is not too late and that if I go back they will examine the tires and still let me buy it. He said it would be about 600 - 700, which seems very high? If you purchased this warranty please let me know how much you paid and whether there are any catches to this. I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.
  • rhmassrhmass Member Posts: 263
    One thing you should know is that these tire/rim warranties are NOT offered by BMW. They are offered by the third party through the dealers. Before you buy it, make sure to check the fine prints particularly on rim replacement. It usually doesn't cover blemishes or scratches on rims, but only replaces the rim when it doesn't hold air. At the time I picked my 06 330i, I was offered the warranty ranging from $400 to $600 from different BMW dealers. I decided to "self-insure" as for the price, I'd still break even if I have two flats that must be replaced during the waranty period.
    No, I relaced the damaged tire with the same size EL42. You are correct about the same tire. The bottom line is that I will keep everything stock and replace tires around 30,000 miles. The only other problem with the car was the wiring harness to repair the malfunctioning air bag indicator. Otherwise, this car is a very satisfing drive.
    Here’s what I’m thinking: For me, I believe the very hard ride is a sort of perfect storm of factors: stiffer suspension in the 330xi vs the 330i, relatively hard seats, relatively low profile tires and of course, the fact that the tries are run-flats (Bridgestone Turanaza EL42 225/45/17) - very stiff and don’t give at all.

I took the car to the dealer to make sure there were no defects in the suspension, which of course there weren’t. I asked the service manager if I could replace the run flats with a standard tire without voiding the warranty or other issues and he said yes, I could absolutely replace the tires without issue. He mentioned he had a customer who recently replaced the optional run flats on a new 5 series. He was concerned though that that may not be the whole answer to the rough ride problem.

I’ve decided to do it anyway. My plan is to replace the run flats with Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S since I want to stick with all-seasons. They’re not cheap, but got very good reviews on Tirerack.com. Since I’m leasing the car, I know I’m going to go through at least one set of the EL42’s anyway, so I might as well replace them now and put them back on the car when I return it from lease. Pay now or pay later. Might as well take a shot at a better ride now. I’m also going to buy the ContiComfort Kit and throw it in the trunk in case of a flat. Available at Tirerack: http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/conticomfortkit/index.jsp. I"ll keep the forum posted of the results.
    I also have Bridgestone Turanaza RFT's on my 325I and I am going back and forth with a BMW NA CSR. I am getting nowhere. I am also in conversation with Bridgestone with nothing positive to report from them. You spent a lot of money for your 5 series and you should not have to go through this bs to have the car properly equipped with a tire that's of a quality necessary for that vehicle. You're caving in.

I am so upset with BMW NA's lack of concern regarding this RFT issue that I vowed to never buy a BMW again. I switched from a Benz and I will switch back. BMW has no consideration for their customers. They are so rigid it's incredible. They are programmed and they provide programmed answers.

Good luck with your problem, but don't take the easy way out, and don't compromise. You're not leasing a $15,000 sub compact. Your leasing the Ultimate Driving Machine and you should not have to go and buy tires to replace the problem tires that BMW installed on you car. Replacing them is the Ultimate Embarrassment.
    Yeah, part of me says I am caving in. But my back is telling me to ditch the run flats - now. I'd be much more pissed without the knowledge that I'm going to go through one set of tires regardless and will need to return the car from lease with tires that have acceptable tread left on them.

But you're absolutely right - this is not at all the experience I'd expect from a $40K+ 'Machine', and BMW should be mortified by the realization of this major mistake. But they won't be, for the same reason iDrive is great, we all just don't know how to appreciate it.

Although the BMW service manager was very courteous and not at all arrogant, he still acted like this is the first he's heard of the problem (in anticipation of this move, I printed out about 25 posts from various message boards about the less than joyful expereiences other BMW owners are having with the run flats and told him 'happy reading -now you're informed'). Amazing how dumb they think we all are.
    Thanks for the fedback. Please share with me some of the other message boards with RFT posts.

My problem with BMW is now more than the RFT's. It's BMW NA's attitude. Here is part of my recent response to BMW NA: "I have spoken to the service staff at my servicing dealer. I am interested in speaking to someone from BMW NA. That's not possible with all of your restrictions, so I will find another way to resolve my problem. It's interesting though........my tire problem has now escalated to a total dissatisfaction for BMW as a company -a non consumer oriented company. It's no longer a problem with the tires but a problem with BMW in general, because of this stance to not allow me to converse with a technical expert from BMW NA. Your company's inability to address issues and to stand behind their product and their policies is incredible. Remember, "you only know how good a company is when you have a problem with their product or services". I know where to rank BMW NA on a scale of 1 to 5 the next time someone asks.
  • topbiztopbiz Member Posts: 16
    I have called BMW NA many times regarding the runflat problems- We bought a 2006 3 AND 2006 5 series! Thank God only the 3 series have the lousy tires. We have gone through several of those beasts and BMW claims no-one else is having the problem. We bought both cars at Prstige BMW in NJ, and have been getting them serviced at BMW of the Hudson Valley. Everyone claims the problem is only with our car- what a rip-off! Gues what cars we will not be buying next time?
    I had the same thought regarding switching to standard tires since I lease also and all tires are basically garbage at around 30K miles. I really do not have the same issues regarding tire noise and do feel the difference between a standard 330i without the SP (loaner during service to the wiring harness) and my 330XI with SP. These cars will ride stiff and the low profile standards contribute to the harshness, I'm sure. (By the way, SP smokes non-SP in the twisties but again, the firmness factor is large)

Here's some more to consider - The RFT that they took off my car is really built well in terms of sidewall thickness and strength. I started my career in the tire business and believe this is really a good technology at the early stages. Needs to be way more refined based on this feedback we are experiencing. I wonder how the Vettes are doing with the RFT setup?

Anyway, I liked the performance at 0 pressure at 65 mph when I had my experience. Also, the car tracks really well in the wet or dry with these tires IMO and is flat around all turns with the setup stock but the rough surfaces are tough, real tough. Just do not order sport package if you lean towards smoothness over handling. The tires are heavy duty, bottom line but many more tires will perform on the luxury side way better.

Good luck with the change and a good strategy. I will wait out through about 20 -24 months in my lease term to see what RFT options evolve. I drive 80% highway so I should not have a wear problem and will get about 10 - 16 months on new rubber for the balance of my lease (36 mo.)
    Thanks for the insight. As I understand, the suspension in the 330xi non-sport and sport is the same while they are different in the 330i. Does this mean that the 330xi is already 'sport-tuned', or does it mean the the extra weight of the AWD forces the use of yet a different suspension that cannot be sport tuned?

I'm also not experiencing excessive road noise with the RFTs. It's just hitting some of those bumps and whishing there was a little more give in the tire to do some absorbing.
  • abchurchabchurch Member Posts: 1
    I had my first RFT failure this week, and all my early skepticism about driving a car (2006 325xi) with no full size spare was confirmed. It will never be better to have only 4 wheels, regardless of advances in tire technology, and until the self-proclaimed builders of the ultimate driving machine realize this, BMW owners will be unnecessarily inconvenienced and immobilized each time a tire fails.

The most compelling aspect of my experience was when my car was on the lift at a major tire dealership in Fairfield County, Connecticut (not exactly remote), the wheel had been removed, the Bridgestone EL42 was found to be damaged, and the dealership had no exact (or approximate) replacement tire available. There was no way to even roll the car off the lift! We ended up putting the damaged tire back on the car just to get it out of the bay and onto a vehicle transport truck that arrived 2 hours later to take me to the nearest BMW dealership.

There were a number of unique specifics about my experience that aren't necessarily relevant to a general discussion of the topic, but I believe every car owner's experiences are similarly complicated in their respective ways, and I have no reason yet to believe that 4 wheels are better than 5 (or 6, as I have for my 2002 325xi).
    Here's the suspension difference between i and xi(fromBMWNA)
    "325xi and 330xi have steel lower arms and a steel subframe, plus an aluminum thrust plate."

Thr tire profile is the same as standard 330i without SP so I think this makes the difference. I definately felt improvement (handlung) but again, the harshness was more evident between rough and smooth pavement on my car verse the i.
  • nfishernfisher Member Posts: 2
    I have a 330i without sport package. I am confussed about the recommended tire pressure. There is a sticker on the left front door that reads to inflate front tires to 29 and rears to 36 psi. In addition there is another sticker, yellow in color, that read front tires to be inflated to 23 and rears to 41 psi. Can anyone advise me on correct pressure?
  • owner6owner6 Member Posts: 89
    Based on all the BAD experiences with RFT Flat repair/replacement on this topic I have decided to call all the BMW dealers in the Baltimore/Washington/Northern Virginia area to determine there RFT tire inventory and experience in fixing/replacing Flat tires. This way I can call the ones with the best claim of service and see where to drive when and if i have a flat. My Risk Mitigation.
    owner6
  • gordonwdgordonwd Member Posts: 337
    I don't have an answer for you, but the 23/41 spec seems way off to me -- 23 too low for any tire, and 18psi difference front to rear also seems weird, especially on a car with close to a 50/50 weight distribution. Then again, I don't have RFTs on my '04 model...
  • imran62781imran62781 Member Posts: 26
    For me, what the dealer told me to set the pressure at was different than what the manual says. Shouldnt the manual be the one and only thing to follow..........I guess that is a question but also an opinion. sorry if it doesnt help....