Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave

Comments

• myblubumyblubu Member Posts: 6
    Anyone have a Gold Mist Outlook with Black Leather interior??? About to pull the trigger on a different color, but my wife thinks she would like this color combination, but it would have to be ordered. I would like to see pics of one before we commit to waiting.

Anyone have this color combination that could share some pics???
  • proudnewdadproudnewdad Member Posts: 12
    I live in Lansing where all these CUV's are made. Recently, I have seen a lot of Enclaves on the road - i live a few miles from the plant. The Enclave to me has a old school look when you see it coming at you. Normally I like the old school look, but this one does not do it for me. I thought I would really like the Enclave over the Acadia, but not anymore after seeing it on the road in person. Just wondering if anyone has seen them on the road and felt the same way.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Member Posts: 6,043
    They are around here in Detroit and all I have heard is great comments. In fact yours is the first I have heard anywhere that disliked the styling.
  • mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    They are around here in Detroit and all I have heard is great comments. In fact yours is the first I have heard anywhere that disliked the styling. "

Count me as another. Looks too bug-eyed to me (especially with the conspicuous blue "iris" in the middle, and I don't like the grill that much. I really like the other 2 (I go back and forth on which I like better, I saw a beautiful Pearl white Outlook the other day in person, now that may be in the lead). But wouldn't even consider the Enclave if and when we are in the market in a few years

Good thing that GM has choices!!

I love the flowing lines and "different" look of the Enclave.
    He also said the recent launch of GM's crossover utility vehicles, the
    GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook, are off to a good start. About 55% of
    Acadia and Outlook buyers so far are new to GM, which LaNeve said "is a
    very good number."
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    The Enclave has a crafted look to it, something like the CTS. If the headlight treatment were on a Toyota or Honda, my opinion is it would be accepted more broadly as great.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    I like the Enclave because it is so stylized. My order of preference is Enclave, Acadia, Outlook. They all look nice, and it is nice to see that GM's current brand engineering amounts to more than slapping on a different grille and tail lights, as it was for so many years. I currently drive a Dodge Magnum, certainly a car that you either love or hate. For me, the look of a vehicle has to catch me, or it is all over. Once I see a look I like, then it is past the first cut and on to the substance of the car. I can never look at a car as an appliance and I will never own a car that makes me wince or even not smile as I walk into the garage each morning to drive to work. Life is too short to not enjoy it a little. The fact that we now have so many quality choices available to us from many car makers is what makes America great!
    I think the future of Buick designs will be polarizing.

The Lucerne and LaCrosse were designed to not offend anyone as do most high volume products. However Buick is no longer a high volume producer and needs to change. Chrysler did it with their 300/magnum. Many hate, many love but most have an opinion either way.

Cannot wait until the new LaCrosse is here.
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    Thinking of purchasing an Outlook. Just wondering about the incentives (currently no rebates, but only 4.9% 36mo financing - this ends April 3rd). Just wondering what's going to happen after the current promotions end. I am more interested in Cash/rebate than a low interest rate. With the start of '08 production in June, I'm wondering if there will be something on the '07's as we get closer to June? In looking at previous posts in this forum, I did notice that there was a Loyalty $1K that I must have just missed that could be applied on an Outlook. What usually happens this time of year with incentives???

Autodollars.com is now reporting a $1,000 rebate on the Outlook good through 4/30. I don't see it on Edmunds yet.
  • myblubumyblubu Member Posts: 6
    I see the following special financing available thru 7/9 on the Saturn website:
    1.90% APR for qualified buyers for 3 years
    2.90% APR for qualified buyers for 4 years
    3.90% APR for qualified buyers for 5 years
    5.90% APR for qualified buyers for 6 years

But no mention of cash. I think I would pull the trigger now on my 2nd color choice if there was cash incentives. :D
    As of 4/2 no rebates on either Lambdas. Not sure what tomorrow will bring.
  • outlookfanoutlookfan Member Posts: 4
    I'm interested to read comments on the 19" wheel/tire package for the Saturn Outlook. I like the looks of the larger wheel, but not sure if the package is worth the extra cash. I haven't found any after-market wheels made for the Outlook while searching the internet.

Thanks for your opinions.
  • kimdvm1kimdvm1 Member Posts: 37
    I thought someone had recently posted that the 2008 models would have bluetooth. So if you can wait a few more months, you'll be all set *edit: actually, I think it's the rearview camera that is coming in 2008*

I agree with you, this Onstar deal is for suckers who don't know any better (no offense to anyone).

As easy as built-in bluetooth is to add aftermarket, or to use a good headset, I have to feel you are a sucker for buying a car just for bluetooth (no offense to anyone) ;)
    I did not know what you guys were talking about so I did a search on aftermarket car bluetooth kits. There are a bunch of them from under $50 to $200. Seem pretty easy to install. Is this the way the in car ones work? I just use a bluetooth earpiece. Kids are too loud to use the car speakers.

Just turn on the engine. Drive. Talk. It s that simple ! The Parrot CK3000 Evolution hands-free Car Kit offers the convenience of voice recognition and outstanding sound quality by using your car's sound system as a receiver. It takes less than an hour for your local mechanic to mount the Parrot EVOLUTION : electronic box, microphone, keypad. There are no apparent wires. Once installed, just turn on the engine and you are immediately connected to your phone. Even by leaving the mobile phone in his bag, with his Parrot EVOLUTION, the driver dictates a name and is immediately connected to his correspondent. The car's speakers transmit the conversation with perfect quality of sound, regardless of the driving conditions (traffic, highway¿).
  • palmerdpalmerd Member Posts: 24
    Ok guys. I need help. The engine on the Veracruz is 3.8L, and the horsepower is 260hp. The engine on the Outlook is a smaller 3.6L, but the horsepower is greater at 270HP. Which is better or more important, more horsepower or larger engine size?

Also help me with this. The Outlook weighs 500 pounds heavier than the Veracruz, right? Why have a smaller engine in a heavier vehicle?
    Depends what you want. In actuality if all you gave was engine size vs. Hp I would go with the HP. However you need to balance that with MPG and size of the vehicle. But that gets real complicated so lets stay with the engine. More important for most drivers is the torque curve. HP is really only used when you are at high RPMs which most drivers do not get into unless they are trying to go really fast, like turning onto a busy street. For better all around drivability at lower RPMs the torque is more important.

The GM engine has a very flat torque curve at all RPMs and is rated at 248. The Veracruz is rated at 247 so it is a wash for torque. However I could not find a Veracruz torque curve but I think it is a much peakier curve than the Outlook. So overall the 3.6 is a better engine related to power and drivability.

http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/product_services/2007/HPT%20Library/HFV6/20- 07_36L_LY7_Outlook_Single.pdf
    I see the following special financing available thru 7/9 on the Saturn website:
    1.90% APR for qualified buyers for 3 years
    2.90% APR for qualified buyers for 4 years
    3.90% APR for qualified buyers for 5 years
    5.90% APR for qualified buyers for 6 years

But no mention of cash. I think I would pull the trigger now on my 2nd color choice if there was cash incentives.

Ask your dealer about the cash incentive. Sometimes these things are regional, so the manufacturers don't show them on their general website (that way people in Oregon are less likely to get PO'd about a rebate they can only get in the Southeast region, for example).
    As of 4/2 no rebates on either Lambdas. Not sure what tomorrow will bring.

Folks on an Acadia enthusiast site are confirming that $1,000 Conquest offer is still being honored on the Acadia. One Canadian dealer is saying it's good until July. Haven't heard any confirmation regarding Outlook.
    I believe that specific incentives like Conquest are not listed on Automotive news?
    Edmunds is now showing the $1,000 cash to customer rebate on the Outlook, good from 4/4/07 to 7/9/07 (at least in my area - change the zip code to see if it applies to yours).

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/saturn/outlook/100788370/incentives.html?vdp=off- &setzip=68135&state=NE
    Ok. Does anyone know if the hesitation is fixed on the Outlook? I test drove it the other day and it seems like the hesitation is still there. Is this really a problem that needs to be addressed. Will the vehicle last a long time dispite this malfunction? Could this be a deal-breaker?

please help!
    There is a TSB (#07058) for a computer update to recalibrate the transmission shifting points. You would have to ask the dealer if they had applied it to the unit you test drove (or if it had been applied at the factory). They should be able to run the VIN# and tell you.
    Thanks. I will check that out on the transmission shifting points on the Outlook.

Has anyone out there test drove the Veracruz and the Outlook? Is it me, or is the Veracruz just about the same price of the Outlook? Doesn't the Outlook offer more for the money?
  • nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    Depends what you mean by "more". The Outlook is bigger, so if roominess is your priority, then yes, the Outlook takes the cake. However the Veracruz comes with more standard features (especially in the higher trim levels), and becomes a better deal than the Outlook. The Outlook forces you to get many separate options which add up.
  • newz54newz54 Member Posts: 30
    I just got my acadia and am wondering if anyone has a solution to this wind noise. The car is nice and quiet with the windows up but lower the passenger window and loud wind thumping occurs. It happens about 42mph and up.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If cracking various windows doesn't help there may not be a good solution:

tidester, "Volvo XC90 SUV" #930, 3 Jan 2003 10:19 pm
    I'll ask again... What are your opinions on the 19" wheels vs. the standard 18" wheels on the Outlook? I'd like to know if there are disadvantages to a smooth ride.

I ordered an Outlook 2 weeks ago, but didn't add the touring pkg. Now my dealer is telling me I cannot add it to my order. All it consists of is wheels/tires and chrome exhaust tips. Hopefully this is something the dealer can add after shipment.

I like the look of the larger wheel and I've checked after-market prices and they far exceed the $895 Saturn charges. In fact ebay has the exact wheels and tires for $1300.

Any opinions are appreciated.
    19" wheels/tires require the PCZ Touring package. Not sure in this case but often packages like these also include rubber isolator/atab bar/other suspension tuning changes.
    I get the same effect when opening up just my sunroof on my car, or any one window: sounds like there's a subwoofer. There must be a resonance thing going on.

The way to get rid of the thumping is to slightly crack open another window. Works great.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    All of the car magazines that have tested the Acadia and/or Outlook have reported that the 19" wheels and tires give the vehicle a far harsher ride than the standard 18" wheels and tires. I would stay away from the 19" as the car mags usually prefer larger wheels/tires so when they point out a problem, it gets my attention. I have driven an Acadia with the 18" wheels/tires and it drove and rode very nice. I have also read that there are no suspension differences between the Acadia and the Outlook. You could probably find some aftermarket 18" wheels that would use the tires that you will already have if you do not like the factory 18" wheels. That would save some cash for you and avoid the harsher ride. Good luck!
  • mooeymoosemooeymoose Member Posts: 2
    I got my Acadia two days ago and bought a 1/8 male to 1/8 male headphone jack for $3 for Radio-shack and can now use my IPod. However, I am also very interested in the PAL that will allow you to control the ipod from the car stereo. They list it on the GMC website but no dealers seem to know anything about it. If Any one out there know anything about this please let me Know.
    19" wheels/tires require the PCZ Touring package. Not sure in this case but often packages like these also include rubber isolator/atab bar/other suspension tuning changes.

I think you are right. A GM insider on an Acadia enthusiast site had this to say in addressing a question about going to aftermarket 20" wheels:

"Factory suspension tuning for the 19's is different from the 18's. So yes, it would be better to go from 19's to 20's. Shortly, there will be a 20" package available from GM parts. It will include specifically developed tires, wheels and different stabilizer bars to keep from significantly affecting the ride. If you're doing 20's on your own...ride will change more dramatically if you're starting from 18's than 19's."
  • mooeymoosemooeymoose Member Posts: 2
    I am also trying to find info on the PAL for the Acadia. Do you know anything more about it now?

Jeff
  • hipreckhipreck Member Posts: 67
    I am not a fan of the 19" wheels at all. The 18" wheels on my Outlook are fantastic, excellent ride and handling. I did not like the 19" wheels on the test vehicle I drove.
  • newz54newz54 Member Posts: 30
    I'll give that a try.....maybe window wind deflectors too.
    Well, I know I can't afford the higher trim levels, but at the base model, it looks like the Outlook has more standard features or did they just do a better job with their overall look of the interior of the vehicle? Outlook is bigger and also for the same price. It rides smoother probably because it is 500 pounds heavier - but that didn't affect the MPG. I was going for the Veracruz for a long time but now that I've seen the Outlook, whenever I look at the VC now, the interior looks plain to me and even the blue lighting on the dash looks cheap now. Maybe even too much blue now. The outlook just looks more stylish and richer...don't know why....I just like it.

Did anybody see the black interior with the black leather? Looks nice...wow.
    At the base level I think it's a toss-up between the two, since you do get a bigger vehicle (if that rocks your boat) with the Outlook, and maybe slightly better mpg than the VC. But the VC does give you more standard features than the Outlook:

- brake assist
    - active head restraints
    - audio control on steering wheel
    - wiper de-icer
    - chrome polished exhaust tips
    - trip computer
    - turn signals on mirrors
    - folding passenger seat first row
    - lumbar adjust, driver

The Outlook gives you:

- MP3 input jack
    - automatic headlights

If the VC was clearly cheaper, it might be the wiser choice. But it's not, so I'm not so sure it'll sell better than the Acadia/Outlook.
    Many newer cars have the thumping noise. Even my BMWs had it. I always lower a rear window slightly when I open the fronts (or even the sunroof sometimes). Cures the problem every time with no cost.
    Thanks! I appreciate your opinions. Maybe the best way to go for me, since my vehicle is already ordered, is to go with after-market wheels and stick with the 18" tires.

Does anyone know the exact specs of the wheel I need to shop for? Any idea if they make after-market wheels for the Outlook? If so, where should I shop?
  • carnutpacarnutpa Member Posts: 42
    Ok, so if 19" wheels do not provide a good ride, and I prefer a luxury ride, what 18" wheels are available on the Enclave. I want chrome wheels. Can I get 18" chrome wheels?
    For after market wheels I would call tirerack.com and ask them. If anyone has them they do. Excellent prices also.
  • metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    Finally saw my first Acadia on the road today. Saw a Red Jewel (about 2 minutes after seeing my 2nd Outlook) and it looked really sharp. Has anybody heard if there are any real changes for the '08's (i.e. flip/fold rear hatch window, etc.) or is it just gonna be some minor cosmetic difference? I've been scouring GM Buypower to find the config/color that I want but everything is either barebones or almost completely loaded. I really only want SLT-1 with power hatch and convenience (roughly 36K MSRP), so I may have to wind up ordering. Only advantage to that is MAYBE there will be some incentives by then ;)
  • boyntonblueboyntonblue Member Posts: 3
    The tires on the 19" wheels on the Enclave are completely different than Acadia and Outlook. You can expect that the ride on the Enclave will be different. The Enclave will use Michelin tires for the 19" wheels. The Acadia and Outlook use Goodyear tires. It is not clear that the ride comfort for the 18" wheels on the Enclave will be much better than the 19" wheels as is is for the Acadia and Outlook. The suspension will also be tuned differently. The ride comparisions for the Acadia and Outlook will not carry over to the Enclave. We will have to wait until the Enclave is available to see how it compares to the other vehicles and between wheel size.
    So my dad (who lives in Canada) is in the market for a new car, and would like something with a 3rd row. I pointed him to the Acadia SLT. He came back to me all upset, saying the car is listed near $48k including transport.

$48k!!! Ha! That's with no options!!! Canadians really get screwed, don't they!
  • titelinestitelines Member Posts: 12
    i hope you're right. the cxl package on the enclave is the only way you can get:

Exclusive to the CXL is the Luxury Package, which contains adaptive headlights, power-folding outside mirrors, a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel and a 110-volt outlet.

plus, it's the only way to get leather seating, memory seats and you have to get the 19 inch tires.

i wish you could have an option for 18 inch tires on the cxl package.
  • titelinestitelines Member Posts: 12
    i heard end of this month or may. does anyone know for sure?
  • zman3zman3 Member Posts: 857
    i wish you could have an option for 18 inch tires on the cxl package.

I hear you. I would want some of the CXL features but I have no interest in 19" wheels. It is not as bad as the CX-9 however. In order to get the options I want I would need to take 20" wheels.
  • zman3zman3 Member Posts: 857
    They were scheduled to start building them last Monday, April 2nd. I would guess that it will be middle of May before they start showing up, but that is just a guess.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    That's $48 Canadian? That's what $38 US? And that includes shipping.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

This discussion has been closed.