Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Dodge Charger Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• fearlessflyfearlessfly Member Posts: 15
    I'm a baby boomer who likes large RWD cars. I currently drive a 1992 Mercury Gran Marquis which has been discontinued by Ford. Now that I'm in the market for a new vehicle, I would like to still buy a RWD if possible but I know my choices are limited. Therefore, I would like to consider the 2012 or 2013 Dodge Charger with the Hemi since I grew up with V-8's or maybe just the SE model. However, I have a concern about Chrysler/Dodge products because back in the day, Chryslers/Dodges always had quality control issues especially around fit and finish and people who owned them would say they were good for 3 years or so and then you could expect maintenance issues. Also, I wonder how Chrysler/Dodge cars will hold up now that the corporation is owned by Fiat. The police department in my town use 2010-2011 Chargers with the 6Cyl and they do not like the Charger because they always have maintenance problems especially with the suspensions.Can anyone provide me with some feedback about these concerns and their experiences/issues with the Dodge Charger? I'm also considering the Cadillac CTS, Mercedes C and E series, BMW 5-series, Mustang GT, Chrysler 300C and if I get desperate even the Lincoln MKS if I can't find a good RWD. Thanks for your help!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you bought a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Fiat "special edition" model in the past year or so - or if you are a dealer who sold one - a reporter would love to hear about it. Please email [email protected] no later than Wednesday, October 10, 2012 with your daytime phone number and a brief description of the car and your experience with it.
  • eagle9595eagle9595 Member Posts: 15
    Working a deal on a 2013 R/T Classic. MSRP $39,665. Sale price $33,665. $3,500 cash down + tax, tag etc. Adjusted cap cost is $31,160. 12k miles a year, 24 months. Dodge's website gives me an estimated payment of $290 a month + tax. My dealer says he is at 39 months $428 per month + tax with same downpayment. Can car_man please assist with my question please? Is the Dodge search new inventory website off by that much? Or is the dealer looking to just get a better deal for themselves? I also noticed they have low lease payments on new Chargers as well and if the website is wrong it is quite misleading and a big turnoff. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi eagle9595. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Dodge Charger R/T that has an MSRP of $39,665 and a capitalized cost of $31,160 through Ally right now for 24-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $289.

The $428 per month payment that the dealer quoted you is way out of whack.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • eagle9595eagle9595 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks so much car_man! Highly appreciated! Could I get payment info on a 24 and 36 month Ally lease on a more affordable 2013 Charger R/T Road and Track?

MSRP $34,990
    $6,500 discount ($2,500 mfg. cash and $4,000 dealer discount)
    $2,000 down
    $26,440 Cap Cost
    12,000 miles a year

Thanks!
  • project337project337 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I do not have all the numbers you otherwise look for but here are the numbers I do have, maybe you can shed some light on the deal.

Looking to lease a 2013 Charger R/T Max AWD w/ a sticker price of $40,980. I have a trade that has aprox $4,000 in negative equity (its a VW CC with 10 months left on the lease).

The deal: $2,000 out of pocket at $450 a month on 39 Months w/ 12K a year.

This was the 4th dealer I visited and the BEST monthly payment I got on the most expensive car out of all of them. Most dealers were in the mid 5's and one even touching 600.

Good deal or bad deal?

Thank you very much for the help!

Project.
  • mattmymattmy Member Posts: 4
    Car_man - Do you have the current lease rates for the Dodge Charger RT & SXT for a 36/mo term w/ 12k miles/yr?

Thanks!
  • schelfschelf Member Posts: 3
    Could I please get Ally lease info for 2013 Charger R/T:
    MSRP $32, 380 (sunroof, spoiler)
    Discounts $5,000 ($2500 Cash Allowance, $1500 V8 Bonus Cash, $1000 Conquest Cash)
    10,000 miles/yr
    24 mo & 36 mo terms

Dealer quoting us $315 (incl tax) based on current "Big Finish" rates/terms. We have credit score >800 so will have no problem qualifying for best rates.

Also, would like info on Charger R/T w/AWD:
    MSRP $34, 880 (sunroof, spoiler, AWD)
    Same discounts, etc as above

Thanks so much!
    Shawn
    Hi mattmy. Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Charger RT with 12,000 miles per year are 2.4% and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Charger SXT are 0.05% and 49%.

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of these cars right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Shawn. While the cash incentive on purchases of the 2013 Charger is higher in certain regions, I believe that it's only $1,500 on leases of it. The V8 bonus cash and conquest cash are correct.

Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Charger R/T with 10,000 miles per year are 2.05% and 65%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 2.4% and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • drkchaidrkchai Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car _man, could you please let me know what the residual/mf are for a 2012/2013 Charger SRT8? I am looking at 24m or 36m (whichever comes out cheaper per month) 12k per year. Thank you! SRT website posts $499 36m for 2012 and $599 36m for 2013 without any residual detail. Thank you!
    Sure drkchai. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 with 12,000 miles per year are 5.06% and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 4.61% and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
  • 83racecrew83racecrew Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Hello,

I am curious what the current lease rate and residual is for the above mentioned vehicle? 12K miles per year.
    I have been on Dodge.com and the numbers there indicate a lease rate of 2.95%, however I can't get near those numbers with the dealer.

Thank you.
    Hello 83racecrew. Your calculations were spot on. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Max AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.95% and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man, I appreciate the time.

Really strange, both dealers I spoke to were identical and it went something like this:

MSRP: 41,380
    Discount: 1,587
    Incentives: 3,000
    Down Payment: 750
    Capital cost: 36,043
    Residual: 25,241.80 (61%)
    39 months
    Money factor (rounded) should be .00123 if 2.95% is used.

At the dealer, the payment (with tax) was figured at 413 - 428.

If I calculate that, I come up with 373.47 (incl tax). So if they are that high, the actual lease rate is either 4.2-4.4% or they are doing something else to calculate.

They wouldn't budge so they didn't get my business.
  • dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    Did their figure include the acquisition fee?
    It wasn't specifically listed in what they gave me, but I suppose it did. Usually $400 to $700 covers that, doesn't it?
    That much shouldn't be creating the disparity I am seeing. Maybe I am missing something.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    There has to be some type of bank or aquisition fee of 1000 bucks or so? Did you ever figure it out? Curiously, if you use the Dodge lease calculator on the Dodge website, the capitalized cost ends up 995 higher than what the math would indicate.
    I quit trying to figure it out, I leased a Ford. If there were other charges in what the dealer was quoting me for price, they weren't disclosing them.
    They gave me a copy showing cost of the vehicle, the discount they offered on the vehicle, the incentives I qualified for, the residual value, and then the payment with various down payments.

None of those matched what I could come up with on Dodge.com when I matched numbers. I don't expect the website to be right on the money, but we were $70/month apart, I expect closer than that.
  • drkchaidrkchai Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car_man, I am wondering if there is any changes this month on Ally 2013 Charger SRT8 leasing rate/incentives? 24m or 36m 12k per year. Thank you. I see there is a $3000 lease incentive on the car. Can it be combined with an ally lease? Whats a good selling price on the srt before any incentives? Thank you.
    Hey drkchai. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 with 12,000 miles per year are 4.5% and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 3.87% and 55%.

I believe that there's only a $500 cash incentive on leases of the SRT8 trim level right now. This is a pretty low volume vehicle, so I'm not personally all that familiar with the market for it right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • lexxluthorlexxluthor Member Posts: 30
    Hey carman i am looking at 2013 charger with a $37000 MSRP and discount of $7000. Im in Syracuse NY and looking at payments for 24 or 36 month lease. Any help would be appreciated.
  • bashiqbashiq Member Posts: 2
    1st time poster. I'm in the market to lease a 2013 Dodge Charger SxT. I don't mind the base car, but every dealer I've been to wants to push the SXT with extra packages. Wanted to know what a good deal on the SXT would be. For a sticker price of $34,000, I've been quoted anywhere from $419 to $565, with $1,000 out of pocket. Also, can anyone tell me what the July 2013 money factor and residual rates are for SXT's. thanks