Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Commercials, the good, the bad, and the annoying!

Comments

• Options
    timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    Strangely, those awards can actually increase the value of the vehicle simply because they often increase the general perceived value of the car. That generates demand (often even for the used vehicle) and that increases resale value.

Think about investment art in which almost the entire value of a work of art is what people think it is (i.e. what people are willing to pay) and nothing else. If you think that there exist timeless "masters" whose works are always valuable, then look through the frieze's of libraries throughout Europe. The "masters" pictured up there will change depending on when the library was built; some of them appear, then disappear and finally reappear on the "masters" list. So it seems that truly nothing human is permanent; even "masters" come and "masters" go....
  • Options
    rcarbonircarboni Member Posts: 290
    ... is the "Certified Pre-Owned vehicle". Yup, we've had our experts go over this from bumper to bumper, and we certify that this is a used car.
  • Options
    bdreggorsbdreggors Member Posts: 143
    "Our Certified Pre-Owned Cars undergo an extensive 5-point evaluation, judging things from whether it looks like a car to if its physically on the lot."

The only way a car can be pre-owned is if someone bought it, left it on the lot, and resold it. Just be honest and call 'em used.
  • Options
    cars pre-owned. Who would dare to use one? ;-O
  • Options
    andrew21andrew21 Member Posts: 6
    you guys said it, what is up w/ Mitsu and their "I'm incredibly adolescent, in an annoying, and in no way endearing" set of ads:

I'm better than you are
    Love at first sight is based on sight
    etc.

Puke.
  • Options
    kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    What's wrong with the Chevy Caprice? It was redesigned for 1977, so it was a new car then. Also, it was redesigned in 91, and again, it won car of the year. But it wasn't just the Caprice, it was the LTZ. Here are some quotes from reviews:

"The watchword for the LTZ is ``heavy,`` as in heavy-duty stabilizer bars front and rear, heavy-duty springs, heavy-duty shocks, heavy-duty rear brakes (anti-lock system is standard), heavy-duty radiator and transmission oil cooler, and heavier-gauge frame and body mounts."

"Motor Trend magazine named the LTZ its 1991 Car of the Year. The magazine dubbed the car "a new benchmark in a high-quality, performance-oriented family sedan.""

"The big wheels and tires made the power-steering effort just a bit heavier. But this contributed to the feel of the wheel. When you threw the car into a fast corner, it acted as if it were nailed to the pavement."

"A SPORTY CAPRICE is right up there with talking horses, flying cows and chess-playing chickens on the list of things that don't exist. But there is a Caprice that is sportier than the rest."

"Many people (including me) laughed when Motor Trend magazine named the Chevrolet Caprice Classic LTZ its Car of the Year.
    The fact is, if you laughed at the Chevy Caprice, the joke is on you.
    The Caprice Classic LTZ is magnificent in its performance, fit and finish, road manners and handling."

"The LTZ packs two major surprises: performance and handling. It's unexpected when something as unwieldy looking as the Caprice performs as well as it does."

"Rear-wheel-drive cars weighing more than 2 tons traditionally have handled about as well as a barge. The Caprice Classic LTZ is a rear-wheel-drive car that weighs better than 2 tons but can slice through curves without squealing tires and without tossing occupants and cargo from side to side. The LTZ's handling is tight, smooth, predictable and solid."

Here's some from a 93 LTZ review, which had a 350:

"Smooth, quiet and powerful is the best way to describe the LTZ's performance.

The drivetrain has the same quality feel as a Honda Accord."

"In testing the suspension system, I like to see how well a car drives under duress. The Caprice's performance in this area is mighty impressive for a full-size sedan."

So there you have it....at the very least, it's not the joke some of you make it out to be.
  • Options
    In fact, I like the 91-96 Caprice and think that it is a great car, one of the last true RWD V-8s. We're just pointing out that Car fo the Year awards don't mean much.

Personally, i was amazed when i found out that the Caprice was chosen CotY, not because it was a Caprice, but because it wasn't a completly "new" car, like the Lincoln LS is. IMHO, the only reason the belated LS was chosen over other redesigned cars was because it was brand-new. I believe that the S-Class or DTS deserved the trophy. Heck, the 2000 LeSabre deserves it more; the LeSabre sets a standard in the large car field, the LS catches up in the sport sedan field.
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    I like the two Chrysler comercials. Devil, and PT Cruser, and 300M car wash ones.
    Dislike the GM wide track one, too many other vehicles in the same class have a wider track. The same goes for the I30 (you have to read all the disclamers) ad that lies. I also include the IS300 for kidnapping and extrosion commited by the drivers, in their ads.
  • Options
    pjyoungpjyoung Member Posts: 885
    Where they asked a guy why he bought his Camry and he replies "Because we were looking for something sporty.". Camry - Sporty? Reliable yes, sporty - well to those who lead a sheltered life, maybe it is.
  • Options
    The Camry actually has quite sloppy handling...the sporty midsize sedan is the Maxima...
  • Options
    No manual option, but one helluva engine!
  • Options
    I'd love to drive one of them supercharged suckers!
  • Options
    pat84pat84 Member Posts: 817
    Is the Mr.Roboto one. The ads with special effects and no real car really turn me off. The moonlight Cabrio ad for one. It's like our real car is so unreliable we had to digitize a blue screen one for this add.
  • Options
    rickabtrickabt Member Posts: 34
    Immediately after the "Pink Moon" ad began appearing, the Cabrio became one of the most requested vehicles at VW dealerships; previous to that, it was one of the few models that just seemed to sit and sit ... so apparently, many people like it.

Also, the ad has worked wonders for the sale of Nick Drake CDs and LPs. Harvest Records out of the UK just pressed thousands of 180-gram virgin vinyl LPs of the "Pink Moon" LP. That song seems to have really caught as well as the car.
  • Options
    2000camrylev62000camrylev6 Member Posts: 11
    I am getting tired of seeing those stupid "Honda 2000 Clearance" ads. Hondas are good cars (even though Toyota is my favorite), they don't need a tacky ad campaign like this to sell their cars.

The above post about the VW ad is proof that VW sales run mostly on hype. People seeing the ad think "VW must be cool because the commercial is cool as well." Consumers are getting tricked into buying cars of substandard quality and reliability (VW especially) just because they're "cool."
    I'll beep and wave (from my Camry) when you are pushing your "cool VW" up the road to the repair shop!
  • Options
    dbakalardbakalar Member Posts: 39
    I guess I'm one of the masses thast bought my VW just because I saw and ad and thought I'd look cool in a new Golf. Who honestly does this? I, along with many other VW owners (or owners of any other make for that matter) bought my car because of the way it drives, the way it feels, and it looks really good. This is my second VW, and I can tell you, I've never had to push my cool VW up the road to the repair shop.

And yes, the VW commercials are really cool. Toyota should hope that their commercials aren't bland and boring, just like their cars are.
  • Options
    ...are the worst. Not only just the ads themselves, but how they market the ads. Take the S2000 commercial. Don't know what I'm talking about? I'm not surprised. Honda ran it for about a week and a half and that's all I heard about it.

And I love how Toyota and Honda run ads saying that "THE PORT IS BACKED UP! WE NEED TO MOVE THESE CARS!!!" I wonder if they show these in Omaha or Dallas.

You never see GM, Ford, or DaimlerChrysler running these tacky national ad campaigns. And if they do, at least they change the commercial often.
  • Options
    Were I live, Fords ads outnumber other ads, radio, tv, you name it. How many times must I hear, "Ford-Built for the way you live" garbage. Sorry Ford, I don't live at the mechanics.

Oh, and how about those stupid Dodge ads proclaiming you can save on every car and truck except Viper ("Not in a perfect world" says one ad) with that idiotic guy narrating. Dodge-Different. Who cares Dodge (and the rest of ChryCo), nobody will buy your crap. Your ads are annoying and your vehicles suck.

And GM. "The Truck" this and "The Truck" that. Get over it. The Toyota Tundra is "The Truck" of the year now.

dbakalar: look at the post before mine, and you will see that what was stated was that the VW Cabrio's sales increased immediately after the ad's debut. That's why I posted what I did. You say you never had to push your "cool VW" to a repair shop, thats because you called a tow truck instead!
  • Options
    bad ads. That's because the cars are so good that they practically sell themselves. VW needs their ads to sell their cars because of Volkswagen's disasterous repair record and high repair costs (past and present) will turn many potential customers away.
  • Options
    I sense that Camrylev6 has a vendetta against Volkswagen for some reason.

I don't sell Volkswagens anymore (so I've nothing to gain from this), but the reputation of below average reliability does not seem to interfere with many VW buyers' decisions because the tremendous improvements are apparent as soon as you look at the car ... and then you drive it, and it is a much more inspiring experience than with Accord or Camry (gosh, and I sell Hondas now ... I hope my boss doesn't read this!!).

Advertising is never the sole reason anyone buys anything ... it is merely a reminder that a product is available at a retailer near you.

Royal Crown cola (RC, remember?) is still around, but many people born after 1975 probably have no clue. Many people who enjoyed RC as kids also think that RC is out of business. They will continue to drink Coke, Pepsi, and store brands because those are the names that they will never forget ... all thanks to repetitive advertising ingraining the message in your head.

Cool car ads bring young adults and nostalgic older adults into the VW showroom with a predisposition toward liking the car ... but the car itself (and perhaps the salesperson) helps to make the transaction complete.

As for the "Pink Moon" Cabrio ad that I mentioned, the ad was timely (it debuted this spring ... the start of convertible season), and after the overshadowing effects of the phenomenally popular Jettas and Passats, it reminded would-be convertible-buyers that VW makes a fun, cool Cabrio.

Now that the VW Eurovan is the only Volkswagen without a commercial, is it any surprise that dealers can only manage to COLLECT these rectangular monstrosities? There is almost no interest in this van ... could it be that knowledge of its existence is equally rare? Of those who do know, how many of them think it's still an underpowered, arcane 4- or 5-cylinder rear-engined van?
  • Options
    Are you jealous because you DON'T drive a VW? Is it a problem that you are driving a BORING Toyota, that you were probably enticed to buy after seeing a boring TV ad?
  • Options
    believe that most people think they don't buy a car because of the adds. IMHO the reality is that subconsciously you remember the product because of the add. It may cause you to look at or test drive a car that you may not have considered before. I
    Unfortunately, I have written off two American Cars Brands as never buy one again, based on my experiences. My father drove GM cars almost exclusively, until his Cadillac and Chevy suburban were both in for problems at the same time and he had a rental for over a week. I never bought a GM, as a result. Give me the boring Honda, Toyota and (previous to Renault purchase of controlling interest) Nissan.
  • Options
    Why would I be jealous that I don't own a car that will rack up the uses on a AAA card (aka VW)? I'd rather have my RELIABLE Toyota Camry than a "fun" UNRELIABLE VW (place favorite VW model here).

I bought my Toyota because of its reputation for reliability, not from the TV ads. I have been a repeat Toyota customer for years and been very happy with them. When buying a car, I just cut out all the rifraf and head straight to the Toyota dealer. I havent been dissappointed since!

Pat84: Good for you, I'm glad you place reliability high on your list of automotive priorities. I wish more people thought like that.

rickabt: I don't have a vendetta against VW. I just want a nice, reliable car that will last a long time. And that certainly doesn't apply to VW!
  • Options
    It certainly does seem like you've got a personal problem w/ VW. I've never had any problem whatsoever with my last VW, that's why I bought another one. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but your opinion shouldn't be forced upon others, nor should you generalize that all VW's are unreliable, because that just isn't the case. Have you ever owned a VW? If not, then you are simply stating your case based on heresay and that's not fair.

Yeah, when I got my Golf, the commercial certainly did draw my attention to the car, but I knew the cars were out there, and would have gone to the VW dealer anyway, as I was very happy w/ my last one.
  • Options
    It's interesting how people perceive different makes based on their own personal experience. I once owned a Honda Civic that was perhaps the most unreliable vehicle I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. I will always be gun-shy about another Honda, no matter what J.D. so-and-so says on their commercials.

Interestingly enough, while I was living in misery with my Honda, my VW owning friends (one Rabbit diesel, 2 Bugs), were putting multi-hundred thousand miles on their cars and driving me to the service station reliably each day.

Anyway, I'm interested in why you think VWs are so unreliable. Did you have an equally unpleasant situation, or are you basing this on someone you know, or do you have some stats to that effect? I would like to know, becuase I have never heard very many complaints from my VW acquaintances, and I had always considered a VW purchase, especially considering the demand of some models in the used market.

Additionally, I'm sick of the new Mazda commercials already. Why is it that they feel the need to show the same commercial five times during the same tv show. Don't they know that this just annoys people to the point where they will deliberately NOT buy their product!
  • Options
    Only one of their line of cars is made in Germany. The rest are made in Mexico. Now who thinks of reliable, well made Mexican cars ? Does that explain their computer generated surreal adds ? Ole! :)
  • Options
    ...so has Honda lost it's credibility? John Deere also has plants in Mexico. Doesn't seem to hurt their rep any. Why does it always matter WHERE something is made, and not HOW it is made?
  • Options
    Tolerances and the ability to hold and measure them are what matters on where a car is made. The U.S does not have that problem. I do suggest that that is not true of Mexico. I have personal experience with Cummins Diesel engines made in Mexico. Blew rods through the block in 2K miles. Problem was tolerances; or more precisely, lack of them.
    No way I would by a car made in Mexico.
  • Options
    markz2kmarkz2k Member Posts: 112
    I owned a Rabbit that I bought new (Dealer Demo) in 1980. ('80 model) My 2nd car at the time, and still the winner as the most unreliable POS I (or any family members, also) ever drove. Naturally, all problems started at about 13,000 miles. (Warranty's were 12,000 back then.)

Fuse block had failed (common back then, would fail 2 more times over the next year or so) Dealer got VWoA to pay for it the one time. Also had CV joint failures, overheating, sunroof handle broke on first use and other problems I've blocked out. :) In short, a lemon.

VWoA's position when asked for help? Effectively, they said "We already have your money, whey would we want to help you now?" I'll never own another one in this lifetime. Not because I got a lemon, that will happen. Because the manufacturer couldn't care less. I read some of the threads here, and though you MAY be a little less likely to get a lemon, VWoA still doesn't care or try to help. They will if forced to by a lemon law or court, but that's it. (Obviously, not in every case. Some people have had good results from them.)
  • Options
    Why would the country have anything to do with keeping tolerances. Is it too hot down there? Is it the water? ;) If you think it is the workers, or the management, then that is the problem of the company in general, no matter where the factory is located.

I also have experience with Mexican-made engines. Many of the Dodge V8s are made there, and continue to prove to be just as reliable as they were when they were US made.

The latest Suburbans are also made South-of-the-Border, so we'll see how they compare to last year's model.
  • Options
    Okay, I thought this was about amusing and irritating car commercials, but now we've gone from bashing VWs to slamming Mexican made products. Yes, VW used to have a reputation of being an unreliable make of car (the old ads about "It's not a car, it's a Volkswagen), okay, but I've never experienced a problem, and know many other people that are also fellow VW owners who purchased their VWs for many other reasons besides the cool commercials.
  • Options
    There was a recent SUV commercial that mentioned something about a suspension system for the frame, a suspension system for the engine, and a suspension system for the CD player. I don't remember the make (obviously not a good commercial then), but I think it was one of those "luxury" SUVs.

I thought to myself as I was watching this commercial, "Doesn't EVERY vehicle have a suspension system for the frame and at least some kind of rubber bushings in the motor mounts? Why don't they tell me why their's is different?" I was also struck by the idea that they thought a CD player with an anti-shock system was something new and revolutionary. I guess they just wanted to throw bs at us to see if it would stick.
  • Options
    That would be the commercial for the Infiniti SUV, which is a rip off of the Pathfinder. I guess they've got to have some reason to justify the outrageous price of a Pathfinder with an Infiniti name plate on it.
  • Options
    the Viper at all ? How many people are in the market for one ?
  • Options
    They've only sold about 800 this year, and people who buy them are definitely not looking for a daily driver. They're almost like a collector's item. Maybe they want to get attention from the Corvette buyers or something.
  • Options
    I want one.... just as soon as the price gets down around the low 30 thousands or so and the insurance rates go below my monthly gross salary....
  • Options
    That model is on its last legs, supposedly. If they don't discontinue it soon, Vipers will never appreciate in value later. Sadly, with this plan clearly stated by Daimler-Chrysler, we will never see a $30000 Viper unless it is damaged or an unusual high-miler.

I, too, am no fan of the Dodge Clearance Even commercials which make no apologies for the exception of the Viper from the special year-end blowout prices. The voice-over guy--the babyfaced dude in glasses--is one of my least favorite people on TV ... he is a total nerd; yet he is very smug as if he doesn't realize what a nerd he really is.
  • Options
    It is sometimes very effective for carmakers to mention things like not-so-unique-suspensions as if they are really unique ... if no one else really cares to mention it, then the viewer will also continue to ignore it, and many features--after becoming universally standard--often seem to fade away from public cognizance.

I recently sold an Accord to an elderly couple with slow mobility, and one of the things I did right in making the sale was pointing out the passenger-side assist-grip. I noticed that they each had difficult times getting in and out of the passenger seat in the car, so I suggested that they hold on the grip. They remarked that it was much easier, and they continued to remark about it even during negotiations. They had just seen the Camry, but I'm almost certain that the Toyota salesperson failed to mention their assist-grip.

Their old trade-in didn't have it, so these folks had no idea that assist-grips have been standard in most midsize cars for years.

This is why we are subjected to commercials which sloganeer things such as "stabilitrak 2.0" and "solid-form construction."
  • Options
    robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    IMO, Audi's commercials were undisputedly the best, followed by Acura commercials that ran for a while last year. However, the latest Audi Quattro commercial is disappointing. The small letters in older Audi commercials were well placed and meaningful. The Quattro ad showcases the traditional small letter sentences… "do not attempt. This will void the warranty". A disappointment from otherwise highly successful ad campaign.
  • Options
    I dunno ... I still think it's pretty convincing to see a Quattro whipping a kneeboarder around in wild semicircles while driving through a 3"-deep lake.
  • Options
    Convincing is what commercials are about. I'm speaking of a disappointment. "Yield", "Stop" etc. were innovative and intelligent concepts. The Quattro commercial is comparable to other commercials that have small letter are with "professional driver on closed course, do not attempt", and goes beyond that by stating... "do not attempt, this will void the warranty".
  • Options
    Every owner's manual I've seen--irregardless of the make and model--will spell out limits to the new vehicle warranty which include words such as "misuse" and "abuse." Certainly, swerving through standing water qualifies; but, just the fact that is could be done is testament to the incredible traction the Quattro system affords.

I'd be curious to know what your opinions are of the new Nissan Pathfinder commercial where polo jockeys are zigzagging their SUVs near a seabluff ... in big bold letters, Nissan proclaims "NOT THAT YOU WOULD, BUT YOU COULD..."

Car commercials also contain scenes of drivers doing perfectly safe things but in unlikely settings ... take for instance the Hyundai Sonata ad where the driver cruises through the foyer of a fancy hotel or office complex. This ad also has a disclaimer which cautions that this should not be tried in real life. In this example, I think Hyundai is hoping to remove itself from the liability if some numbskull decides to drive into such a building.

As cars continue to look less and less distinctive from each other, we should expect to see more of this in advertising ... manufacturers want their vehicles to stand apart, so they remove them from familiar scenery of bumper-to-bumper traffic jams and jammed parking lots. Heck, even commercials with parking lots seem to have very few cars ... check the Jetta commercial with the guy tackling the shopping cart, or the Malibu commercial with the sinister shopping cart that's thwarted by the reflexive bumpers.
  • Options
    Rickabt:
    There are few commercials that 'disappoint' if you can get the feel. A disappointment comes from expectations. No expectation, no disappointment, atleast to me.

Audi has been on top of my choice for commercials. The new ad is a disappointment. I don't like any of Nissan's commercials. The 'playing Polo' is just another effort to lure buyers like the Kia Sportage versus Suburban ads. I don't care for those commercials. I like the VW Passat ads too, the Golf ads were good too. The Jetta ad on the contrary is another weak effort. First, parking has to be illegal in front of a grocery store (I don't recall seeing a parking space there).

Remember Saturn's 3-door coupe ads? The 3-door concept itself got controversial because the third door was being used to allow access to children from the driver's side, that is away from the curb on a 2-way road! In newer commercials, they now show the coupe parked the wrong way, "on a 2-way road" (if it were one-way road, I would have no problem). These are some weaknesses in commercials that I notice. And I don't care for them.

Disappointment… when I care for one.
  • Options
    fischdafischda Member Posts: 272
    Would kicking up a huge rooster tail of dust travelling almost sideways at 110 mph on a dry lake bed void the warranty of a '00 Nissan Maxima?No less, done while listening to one of the best "Who" songs of all time at full blast!

Okay, marketing the Maxima as a performance sedan I can believe, although I don't think I would try that maneuver (did it have a disclaimer?). But then they did kinda the same thing with the new Sentra? Sorry, I can't buy the idea of the Sentra as a kick-[non-permissible content removed] performance sedan!

The Jetta driver performing a full-flying body tackle on a shopping cart? Now that's funny, that's me! I agree that advertising is mearly an awareness tool designed to get the prospect market to check out the product - ad recall and product recognition is what it's all about.

It doesn't matter whether or not the product lives up to the claims of advertising - although it helps in the long run if it does. Advertisers know that (most) consumers are smart enough to base such a big purchase as a car on more than just a commercial!

I think that this side bar debate on Honda, Toyota and VW matters stems from the merits of the advertising and recent sales benchmarks, not on the qulaity of the cars themselves. VW ads have been successful in bringing in first-time VW buyers. Honda and Toyota ads have not. VW sales are way up. Honda and Toyota are not (or so I have heard). BTW, I own a Toyota and a VW, and I love them both. The Sienna was made in Canada - not one lick of trouble in 24K miles. The Jetta, built in Mexico, equally as bulletproof! Also, who do you think the managers, QA execs and foremen are in these plants? Japanese and Germans, not Canadians and Mexicans! AND, every car manufacturer is capable of producing lemons.
  • Options
    The "Pathfinder Polo" ad was cute at first, but now its getting old...fast. The phrase at the end serves as both a disclaimer and a little joke. REAL disclaimers like the one on the Hyundai-in-a-building commercial just show how bad this country has gotten. If somebody actually bought a Hyundai and drove it throguh a building like that and killed or hurt someone, that injured person could sue Hyundai...and might win. Look at recent cases: a podiatrist (foot doctor) who tried to help victims at a car crash was prosecuted because he told volunteer EMS that he was a doctor, which he was, but they assumed that he meant a MEDICAL doctor. Also look at the 5 billion (no typo, "B"illion) settlement against GM, which was later reduced on appeal. Soon, someone will stab themselves in the eye with a pencil and sue Dixon-Ticonderoga for failing to warn customers about the danger of shapened writing utensils. But I prattle on. Back on topic...:)

There have always been commercials that show cars sloshing through water (mostly at the beach) for one reason or another, most recently an Audi commercial. I would love to see these cars in 3-5 years when the salt water starts eating away at the undercarriage!

I've also noticed that recent commercials picture ONLY that manufacturer's cars in a 'real-world' scene. Examples:
    *A Yukon XL (or Suburban?) commercial showed a Cutlass and an Astro van as 'background' cars.

*In a Buick commercial about 6 months ago, all the driveways had different Buicks.

*The commercial for the new Corlla Sport had a Camry (or ES300) and an RX300.

*Saturn LS comemrcial showed a Cavalier and a Metro. My theory is that this is intended to portray the LS as the best-looking car there!

*Ford (Focus, I think) spot had cabs all around the car; of course, they were Crown Vics.

*And in the RX300 commercial where the police cruiser is chasing the SUV, the car is an older Crown Vic, thereby avoiding any association with a newer Ford product, even vicariously.
  • Options
    The weakminded copycat driver of the Hyundai could sue the manufacturer for putting the idea in his head ... and win. Legal precedents for this are abundant now. Stupidity, if encouraged by movies or TV, is sanctioned by the law.
  • Options
    which is written, defended and judged by lawyers, pretty much explaining everything....
  • Options
    which is written, defended and judged by lawyers, pretty much explaining everything....

Did I say this already?
  • Options
    It's so nice, you said it twice. :)

Very true, though. I challenge anyone in the legal field to try and convince me that the lawyers suing GM, cigarette companies, and gun manufacturers actually give a damn about their clients. And why is tobacco suddenly detrimental to the tenuous suspension of the universe? Sure they kill people, but alcohol leads to deaths of truly innocent victims. When have you ever heard of a guy getting into a car and killing a van with a family inside because he was under the influence of a cigarette? Has a guy ever gone to a 7-11, smoke 10 packs of cigarettes, then go home and beat the crap out of his wife?

My point is that these lawyers aren't out for the 'common good'; thier out to subsidize their already ridiculous payrolls. They should just stick to mergers and aquisitions and stop wetting their beaks in frivilous 'spilled coffee' lawsuits...
  • Options
    wonderwallwonderwall Member Posts: 126
    i hate vw ads. they are too "gen-x" for me, and appeal to the basest of yuppie instincts...

nevertheless i own a vw, if the car did not overshadow the stupid ads i would boycott vw.