Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 Subaru STI vs. 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe

2»

Comments

• mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    Who said anything about marketplace? I am talking about success in the eyes of true enthusiasts not of people who want to upgrade from their Nissan.

Please explain to me where that standard is measured and then we can debate its' merit. :)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Discuss all the latest Subaru news, dropping gas prices, or just get to know some of your fellow forums fanatatics a bit better! :P

The Subaru Crew Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • fasterthanyoufasterthanyou Member Posts: 131
    Passion cannot be measured...not in numbers. There is no standard for it. You find it in a car or you don't. And you surely cannot find it in a G35.
    Price range (30000-35000)You want speed -STI and EVO, you want handling and luxury- BMW, you want luxury and status- Mercedes, you want security- Lexus. Infiniti is not as fast as STI and EVO, it doesn't handle as good as a BMW it doesn't have the luxury and status of a Mercedes,it is not considered as reliable as a Lexus. It tries to combine many of the characteristics presented and it completely fails in all
    It tries to combine many of the characteristics presented and it completely fails in all

I am not neccesarily in agreement with you there ;) . I bought a 2005 G35x. In 2005 it was the only awd game in town with up to a 100% rwd bias. BMW was fixed at 60/40. Audi is 50/50.

The G35x fits my needs perfectly for a fast, comfortable, AWD touring sedan.

The STI and EVO held zero interest for me and aren't even a part of the entry level sport sedan market. So I think don't see the G 35 as a failure.
  • kaitai69kaitai69 Member Posts: 4
    You completely defile your own post..

Passion cannot be measured...not in number

But then you go on and on about information that's ALL NUMBERS!...Speed? Numbers...Handling...Numbers...Quality?...NUMBERS...what is your point anyway? Who are YOU to say this car or any car "Fails" at what it does? Are you the President of some car maker? I guess you should be....you have all the answers...you know what fails and what succeeds in the car industry....Bravo!..maybe you should run GM...the maker of your car. How about you let the rest of us decide what passion we require and what passes and fails...The G35 does just fine at fulfilling a passion w/out making me look like some high schooler w/ a few bucks to burn.
    You do not own one so really....who are you to talk anyway?
  • nightvznnightvzn Member Posts: 232
    Passion cannot be measured...not in numbers. There is no standard for it. You find it in a car or you don't. And you surely cannot find it in a G35.

The part you're neglecting to mention is that this is your opinion. You're stating it as fact, which is why you're angering people with your posts.

It's a "straw man" argument to state, black and white, that each car is good for one thing and one thing only, and then use that as a reason to rule out the G35 because it's supposedly weaker than several other cars on a particular front in each case.

Yes, STI and Evo are faster than G35, but G35 is more refined and luxurious. Maybe BMW's handling is a bit sharper than G35's, but G35 is faster and generally less expensive. Status is entirely subjective. Etc.

I would guess relatively few people are looking for ONE thing in a car. Most are looking for something that provides a compelling combination of strengths, and provides the right overall personal "fit." For many people who are concerned with power, handling, luxury, etc., the G35 is that car. For you, maybe it is not. Either way, it comes down to opinion and subjective preference.
    Everything I say "is my opinion"(unless I state another source). Just like what you say is not a fact... is just your opinion. If you are free to express yours I should be able to express mine even if is not what you want to hear.
    I didn't say a car should be good in one thing ..what I am saying is that it should excel at least in one aspect while being good enough in everything else. That is where G35 fails in "my opinion". Not fast enough, not luxurious enough, not prestigious enough. It belongs nowhere.
    What is the connection between GM and the car manufacturers I listed ??????
    I am not trying to help you(G35 fan) I am trying to help other people make a wise decision by showing what a G35 can offer ...nothing.
    I can ask you the same thing. Who are YOU to talk?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Let's not turn this into a personal thing please.
    You can hold any opinion you like and it's great that you can post it here for all to discuss. However, I am having trouble understanding how your opinion that the G35 offers "nothing" is saving someone from the horror of owning one. :surprise:

If you look at customer satisfaction, and even most G35 owners boards. You will find mostly very satisfied people. With the sedan and awd options that this platform offers, it can and does, please a pretty diverse group of people.

The G35 coupe was picked by Autoweek magazine as sport coupe of the year in 2004. That is not just an opinion but a fact that would be even more useful to someone considering this platform.
    There are also people that are very satisfied with their Kia's and Suzuki's. They think they got the best bang for the buck and belong to a certain group( auto non-enthusiasts). Most likely there upgrade will be an Infinity not a BMW.

P.S. Could you tell me what impresses you in a G35?
    upgrade will be an Infinity

It is spelled Infiniti. I already told you earlier why I like my G35x. :)

I really don't think that we have much more to talk about in this forum. See ya around.
  • nightvznnightvzn Member Posts: 232
    Actually, your main point ("Passion cannot be measured...not in numbers. There is no standard for it. You find it in a car or you don't. And you surely cannot find it in a G35.") is an opinion, but in this thread, I've stated mostly facts.

For example, I acknowledged that while the G35 is weaker on specific fronts when compared to other specific cars, for many people, it provides the right overall combination of strengths and "personal fit." This is a fact, not an opinion. If I simply said "the G35 is the best overall combination of strengths," period, that would be an opinion. But I didn't say that.

You're saying the G35 "fails" ("It tries to combine many of the characteristics presented and it completely fails in all." -- your words). That is an absolute statement -- an opinion masquerading as fact. I'm saying many buyers (many of whom have made a carefully considered decision) feel otherwise. That is a fact.

See the difference?

Opinions disguised as facts tend to get people angry and start unnecessarily prolonged arguments. Just look at the various responses you've seen in this thread.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The G has been a success because it put Infiniti back on the map. The G20 was a joke and the I35 was really no more than a nice Maxima, and FWD too.

It paved the way for the new models that look a lot better. It's beating BMW in some comparos, too, for $10 grand less.

-juice
  • cuty718cuty718 Member Posts: 11
    ">image
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Nope.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You've cross-posted that cartoon in about 20 threads.

We get it. You like that 'chop.

Now, get over it, because it was an early prediction as to what the Impreza might look like, and it turned out to be wrong. :P

And please, in the future, try to make your point in one or two threads.
  • pvdg35pvdg35 Member Posts: 1
    you claimed you don't race your car; owned an RX-8 but afraid the G35 won't have enough power?...going from an RX-8 to a g35 you notice the power difference. Not to mention the AC is better too. I doubt the G35 "lacks power".
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    Wow, you revived a four year old thread.
This discussion has been closed.