Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Commander Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• jklightnerjklightner Member Posts: 10
    I left my Jeep at the dealer for a week while I was in Chicago. Here is what they found. When they did get it to occur, there was a fault code C2204 stored. This takes them to a 30 step diagnostic operation. After step 10, the lites went off, the code cleared and after repeated attempts, they could not get it to happen again. My trip meter showed 16.8 miles and elapsed time showed 3:41:00. I zeroed both when I dropped it off. They think the problem may be in the wiring harness, or in the modual that detects yaw and pitch, or the ABS. Chrysler will not let them just replace everything ($$) without completing the procedure. So there it is. If it acts up again, I was told to bring it right in anytime before 4:30 and their guy will look at it. Hope this helps others find out what is going on.
  • jerichojericho Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2006 Hemi Limited in Decmeber 2006. No problems until approx 4,000 mi. While on a trip, a whistling noise started on the driver's side front area at about 60+ mph. It seemed to occur only after the weather got warmer. I took it to the dealer and told them to leave it in the sun before checking. The technicians heard it upon test driving. After a TSB check showed nothing. They placed tape all along the front windshield and slowly removed sections. The noise showed up. The dealer had the windshield removed and resealed. Problem solved. Love the car. Very fast! No tickets yet!
  • wdowdlewdowdle Member Posts: 3
    Well I went and took the hit. On my wallet that is. I was so dissatisfied I traded. I traded on the Grand Cherokee CRD and so far love it. It had a better lay out and the interior seems to have been put together by someone who drives in the day (visor) and someone who drives in the night (interior lighting). I wish you all good luck but personally I think the commander is finished. Out of about 20 vehicles I've owned it's the most dissatisfied I've ever been.
  • gregj2gregj2 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone else filed the lemon law on their commander? My transmission clunks/jolts hard periodically at 20 mph when slowing down from 40mph. The dealer has worked on it six times and chrylser one time. Then chrysler came back after working on it and said it is normal, all Commanders clunk. To me this is a safety issue because the jolt is so noticable sometimes its as if you have been hit from behind.
  • neumie2000neumie2000 Member Posts: 133
    My Commander does the exact same thing. Seems to occur as you slow down, such as entering a curve, then attempt to accelerate out of the curve. The transmission seems to get a little confused, and is caught in the middle of a downshift. I've found that slowing down a little more before transitioning to the gas really helps the issue. As an attorney, I can tell you that I do not like the chances of your case. In PA, the problem must represent a safety issue and/or substantially decrease the value of the vehicle. In this case, everything works, the issue is limited to particular circumstances while driving, and really does not present a safety issue because the transmission shifts and the vehicle does not suddenly slow or do anything else which presents a safety issue. Let us know how it turns out.
  • xnightxnight Member Posts: 1
    Listen, type in any other car model and you'll get the same amount of complaints for every single car or model, on the other hand go to a "Jeep Commander Forum" and you will not read about anybody complaining. I had a 2003 4runner before i got my my 2007 Commander, that truck NEVER gave me a problem with 2 trips to Florida from NY,and 4 oil changes, but hated it from the day got it.

I love the Commander even though i too got the "service 4WD system" message that dissapeared 4 hrs later. Still im bringing it to the dealer to have it on record.

I did a search on the 2003 4runner and it had the same amount of complaints.
  • neumie2000neumie2000 Member Posts: 133
    Just an FYI. My "service 4WD system" indicator had been coming on. No pattern, just completely random. Took it in, and there was a service bulletin about the issue. Got it fixed about six months ago, and no problems since.
  • bgriffbgriff Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking seriously at the 2007 Commander. I'm concerned with all of the '06 complaints. Any '07 owners out there that want to comment with positives or negatives with the new Commander?
  • bbreitenbeckerbbreitenbecker Member Posts: 3
    My husband & I purchased an 07' Jeep Commander 4.7 flexfuel about 2 months ago. After the first week we notice a loud ticking noise when we accelerated. It sounds as if the vehicle is going to blow up. After taking it to the service department 5 times & having a Chrysler rep look at it, we were told that the noise is normal. However, we have driven right next to the same vehicle and it did not make the noise ours makes. To make matters worse, when the Chrysler Rep was driving it, a loud pitched humming noise started coming from the dash. We were told that was normal too. I could see it to be normal if it made the noise for a few seconds but ours does it for hours at a time. The Service Department can not ever find what is causing it. They can hear it but can not find what is causing it. To top everything off I noticed a screw in the side handle that was rusted. After looking over our vehicle we found that it was full of rust!!!!! It literally looks like the vehicle was hit by a hurricane and flooded. All of the components are clearly rusted & now it is causing the seats to turn orange. We have been to the dealership (Phillips in Ocala, FL) numerous times and have been sent away still unsatisfied. I have never HATED a vehicle so bad!!
    My next step in the morning is to file the lemon law. Maybe we will be able to get somewhere then. I am sure they are going to want to refurbish the vehicle we have but I am not going to accept that bacause they are going to have to take the whole thing apart, and then it we all know that it will not go back the same as it was from the manufacturer. I will keep you posted. If anyone has any suggestions or the same problem please let me know.......
  • bbreitenbeckerbbreitenbecker Member Posts: 3
    If you are still considering this vehicle move on to something else. We purchased one a couple of months ago and it was the worst mistake.....We have had nothing but problems with it and now it is full of rust.
    Consider buying a GMC. We have had a couple and that is what we intend to go back to. Never had a problem with the ones we had.
  • mcolliemcollie Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2006 Commander a few months ago and have the sputtering problem. Have taken it into service 3 times , flashed the control mdoule a couple of times but no luck in rectifying the problem.
    We you able to ever get the sputtering problem resolved.
  • sharonabsharonab Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problems and was told the very same thing. (I live in Virginia) I don't feel safe driving w/ my children. I am taking the vehicle to another dealership for a "second opinion". I have only had the commander since the end of May!!!
  • chrisirw14chrisirw14 Member Posts: 3
    We have a 06 Commander and have filed for Lemon Law. Are arbitration hearing is next month on the 16th of August. We can only hope that we will win the case so we can out of this car. This is are third purchase with Jeep and this car has been the biggest headache of them all. We have a had a issue with all of the service lights coming on while driving. The air will shut off temporarily and the engine seems like it is going to die. We took it in countless of times and of course they could not duplicate the problem, so nothing was wrong with the car in Chrysler eyes. We finally set up a camera in the vehicle, and got it all on tape. My wife does not feel safe driving the car with my son in it now, so we are keeping are fingers cross that we win.
    OK, just back from the dealer and the problem has been isolated to the YAW sensor. A plug here for Larson Jeep in Tacoma, when I pulled in with the lites on, they had their guy jump right on it even though they were short handed. They have to order the part in from back east, so it will be a few days till it is fini. Once the part is here, they said a half hour to install it. Here's hoping this is the last of the electrical Gremlins.
    Sounds like the problem my 06 had. I was told the problem was a loose connector on the ignition switch. It's been fine since then.
    I actually told them the same thing after reading your response earlier when it first started. They said it was fine and that was not it, so we moved on from there. It still does it all the time, so we will see.
  • jhelpjhelp Member Posts: 1
    I have been experiencing the same problems. After the 9th trip into the dealership they informed me that it was a "short" in the key which made the vehicle "shut-down" as if it was being stolen. Did they find the problem? I really don't know, but it's been a week and the Jeep has not had any problems except for a change in the quality of ride (it used to be smooth, now its a little jerky). However, I would like some information on how to proceed with the lemon law as I am afraid that this problem will occur again. Thanks
    Well they must know that it is a problem. The lawyers from Chrysler came and drove the car, hooked up to the computer than told us that they did not want to go to arbitration and that they would settle with us. They took the car back and gave us about 75% of are money that we had into the car. The Lemon Law is very easy to do and does work. Contact your Attorney General or Lemon Law website in your state. They will lead you in the right path. Any questions fell free to email me. It work for us. chrisirw14@yahoo.com
  • jeepownerpajeepownerpa Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just purchased a 2007 Commander 4.7L V8 August 18th, it has 1300 miles on now. The dealership installed an aftermarket Kenwood in-Dash Navigation through an outside vendor, who I know from previous dealings and their work is outstanding. However, just the other day my trucks gauges started to go bizerk and began going up and down. Then when i went to restart the vehicle it started shut off, started, and shut off did this about 6 times..., the key doesn't unlock the door nor does the remote start work. I took it to the dealership and of course they are trying to blame the Radio Installer, has anyone else had this problem with the gauges fluctuating up and down, also my brakes lock up when going downhill and into a turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm getting no help from the dealership.
  • s1a1r1a1s1a1r1a1 Member Posts: 1
    Bought my 2006 V-8 Commander used with 18000 miles. So far I've had it in for fan and the driver 3rd row seat belt locked up and I couldn't put the seat up. I also wanted to know why, when we were driving, at about 5mph, it died, why it was making a hissing/moaning noise that seems to come from the engine the faster you drive, as well as the shocks?? - I thought were going bad because every time I back out of the driveway they sqeak. The dealer claims there is nothing wrong with the shocks or engine noise - that it's just drivetrain noise?? --and they don't know why it died. Well now, my commander also clicks clicks clicks..... while I'm making left hand turns and the dealer also said they could find nothing wrong. Lastly, my passenger front window sticks sometimes while rolling up and at about half way goes back down.
    Sooooo many little things with this vehicle that the dealer can't seem to find anything wrong with. I LOVE my Commander but I just wonder how long it will be before I may be stranded on the side of the road. Anyone else had any problems similar to this? Thanks.
  • tiredjpownertiredjpowner Member Posts: 1
    according to my dealer I this week the front door modulator is bad and that is what is causing the window problem, they have ordered one so not sure if it will fix problem but that is what they are blamming in on. Today I took to dealer and left cause when I started this morning & put in gear it changed to 3rd gear & I couldn't get it back to normal, drove 25 miles to son's daycare that way yelling at dealer most of the trip. turned car off at daycare, started & ran fine to dealer & now they haven't made it repeat, might have to go with the video camera idea someone else used. What a pain!!!! :mad:
  • felixriosfelixrios Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 commander. I'm having problems with the windows not going up at times. Something happened and the vehicle would not accelerate over 25 miles per hour. Once I turned it off and restarted, it went away. What can I do?
  • steeldragonsteeldragon Member Posts: 1
    I too have the same problem with water leaks. I have had my 2006 5.7 liter Commander in and out of the shop with a water leak. Each time with the carpet soaked on the driver side and the passenger side. I seen the first time the water dripping from the oh [non-permissible content removed] handles were the little panel is to get to the screws behind it. The dealership has been chasing seals on the doors, windshield and the sunroof. I hope they get it figured out soon this sucks! I'm going to get them to put in writing for me that once they get the leak resolved that they will pull the carpet and backing and replace it with new.
  • mike9mcmike9mc Member Posts: 2
    Using the RCA inputs for audio on the entertainment system. The volume on your iPod will need to be turned all the way up. It takes a few minutes for the unit to recognize that there is a signal so you have to play a song and then keep hitting the mode button on the radio to VES until it turns on.
  • mike9mcmike9mc Member Posts: 2
    I have an '06 Limited 5.7 Hemi. Before this truck I owed a Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. While I loved the Expedition and didn't really want to trade it in I am so glad I did. I love the Commander. I will address some of the complaints I have read in this forum for you. Gas Mileage: the stickers rates gas mileage at 19 MPG, that's at 55 MPH. Who drive's 55 on the highway? I avg about 16.5 highway at 75 MPH. It's a large SUV not a Prius if you are worried about MPG you are shopping the wrong market. Third row seating: It's horrible. They shouldn't have even put it back there. I leave it folded flat. If you have little children it may be fine otherwise forget about it. As for some of the other complaints about other problems, anything made by man is going to have issues. Sometimes it's a roll of the dice. That's why they make warranties. My only real complaint about the Commander is the Nav System. Very few options in motion and the thing doesn't give the best routes. I use my Garmin Nuvi 350 instead. It works a lot better. I would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking and can afford it. Make sure you get the Hemi otherwise what's the point!
  • comjeepandercomjeepander Member Posts: 1
    i own a 2006 jeep commander. the dash indicator lights will all come on at once and then everything on the dash will go out and i will lose the fan blower, radio, headlights!!! ,speedometer,and all other guages and then it will just pop back on. the dealership cannot duplicate the problem on visits, but once the engine light stayed on for 2 days. they put a new light switch on the steering column, a new component in behind the dash and it still happens going down the road. very scary. now they want us to leave the jeep at their dealership until they can duplicate the problem. has anyone else had this problem?
  • dcollins72dcollins72 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue. The dealership swapped out the Front Controller Module. The same issue came up this morning. Very frustrating....

The symptoms are the same as yours...
  • sunteesuntee Member Posts: 2
    Hey d reichert,

I also am expriencing the same sounding problems with my jeep commander 2006 hemi. It's being doing this for about 3 months now. Everytime I take it in they never seem to fix it at the dealer and now it's out of the factory warrenty. I do have a extended but a nice 100.00 dollar deductable each time i visit. It's been doing it much more latley and I think it sounds much like the multi displacement system. Did you ever find out what was the problem?
  • anadfratanadfrat Member Posts: 1
    Took 2006 jeep commander ltd to dealer for recall. After they fixed the recall the ABS module blew. New one was ordered, took 2 weeks (they were backordered--big clue here) installed new module. Failure. Dealership tried for 2 days w/assistance from Detroit and module keeps failing. Another jeep commander was in with same problem. Dealership take car w/o ABS (its safe to drive). Detroit is working on a fix but can't say when they'll have it corrected. "don't worry". This is my daughter's car and we live in the Poconos in PA, bad, curvy roads very dark--ABS is crucial here. Insurance company gives a credit for having ABS. Jeep says sorry, only thing you can do now is complain to your state attorney general, which I have done. Has anybody else had this problem? How can they be so cavalier about a life threatening situation apparently caused by something they totally are aware of based on their initial recall?

Any suggestions? Is this a class action in the works? Thanks for any insight, comments, help. I'm so glad I found this forum.
  • danny6485danny6485 Member Posts: 1
    anyone having problem with the key getting stuck in the on postion? the dealer tells me that it is commom to do this, with this car. also tells me that there is nothing there can do to fix it. i say it the starter. they say it is not the starter. they changed the key tumbler, but it was back to them the next day. they had it for 2 weeks now and told me that there is nothing that they can do. if you live in orlando florida do not go to greenway jeep. :mad:
  • katmandu2katmandu2 Member Posts: 13
    I'm pondering buying an 08 Commander. Seems alot of the issues posted in this forum have been addressed by Chrysler via TSBs.

http://www.xkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_xk_2300406.pdf

Not sure if I should take a chance and buy an 08. ??
  • cmumandercmumander Member Posts: 2
    i got mine june '06 and had no problems until the end of this past summer, at which point i had about 10,000 on it. its just the v6, no packages really. The first set of problems i ran into was my tire pressure indicator light came on. I filled up my tires which were barely low, and the light went off. Of course now it happens every month or so. The other main problem I have is with my transmission feeling like it is jumping gears. I havent had any problems with the car stopping or stalling, but it definetly feels like i am tearing the gears right out of the tranny. Before this happens though, the engine light always comes on, and when i put the car into gear, every single letter is selected on the gear selection indicator on the dash. when i try to use the shift-tronic, it just goes even more screwey.....jumping between numbers and D. It has even happened where I will put it into gear, but the car wont go into gear and it will just rev. I was wondering mostly if anyone had the same transmission problem that I have. i also recently (last 4 days) started having power steering and hydraulic pressure problems. I am taking the car into the dealer (same dealership that left the oil cap off on my buddys Liberty after an oil change) next week to try to figure it out, but from reading a bunch of these posts im scared my car is gonna come back in worse condition!
  • cmumandercmumander Member Posts: 2
    i have also had problems with high aimed low beams, and rocks on the windshield. About a week after getting my first windshield replaced due to a 4" crack that would not stop spreading....my brand new one got chipped. also recently one of the lights behind the A/C control panel went out...THAT is a problem that i have never seen on a new car
  • 06jeepcrap06jeepcrap Member Posts: 6
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU RESEARCH ANY OTHER SUV.I HAVE A 2006 COMMANDER IT HAS BEEN IN THE DEALERSHIP 23 TIMES IN 1 YEAR FOR NUMEROUS PROBLEMS I AM AT THE FINAL REPAIR TO DEALERSHIP AND MANUFACTURER BEFORE I GO TO ARBITRATION AND THEN TO COURT THE ONLY THING I HAVE BEEN OFFERED SO FAR ARE EXCUSES THAT THEY CANNOT DUPLICATE PROBLEMS AND TO KEEP BRINGING IT BACK IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN.HERE IS A BREAKDOWN SO FAR.FRONT ROTORS CUT WITH LESS THAN 200 MILES THEN REPLACED WITHIN 45 DAYS,FRONT PASSENGER WINOW REGULATER MODULE AND COWL SEAL REPLACED AFTER 4 ATTEMPTS AT REPAIR,PAINT REPAIR 2TIMES IN SEVERAL AREASBUSHINGS AND HARDWARE FOR RR SUSPENSION REPLACED AFTER TWO ATTEMPTS AT REPAIR REAR WINDOW ON LIFT GATE LEAKS THREE ATTEMPTS TO LOCATE NO PROBLEM FOUND ALL THREE TIMES STILL LEAKS,ABS RECALL REAR ROTORS CUT BECAUSE OF WARPAGE GOING BACK TO BODY SHOP FOR PAINT AND TRIM REPAIR AGAIN,FACTORY REP OFFERED ME A 5/70 WARANTY AT NO CHARGE BUT I PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE NEW WITH ONLY 28 MILES ON IT 13 MONTHS LATER AND ONLY 7768 MILES AND STILL STUCK WITH IT. STAY AWAY FROM ALL CHRYSLER PRODUCTS NO QUALITY CONTROL FACT REP TOLD ME THEY ARE NOT STRICT TO QUALITY OF PAINT IN DOOR JAMBS,UNDER HOOD OR WHERE NOT VISIBLE TO THE AVERAGE BUYER.I'M SURE I'M FORGETTING SOMETHING. GOOD LUCK IF YOU DO BUY ONEALL I CAN DO IS GIVE YOU FAIR WARNING.OH YEAH I READ SOMEONE ELSES COMMENT ABOUT THATS WHY THEY HAVE WARANTIES. WELL A WARANTY IS SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE IF YOU NEED IT,NOT BECAUSE YOU NEED IT.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I recommend turning off your CAPS LOCK. People tend to ignore messages typed in ALL CAPS.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    I OWN A 2006 JEEP COMMANDER.IT HASALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH ONLY 7768 MILES IT HAS HAD PROBLEMS SINCE NEW WITH ONLY 28 MILES ON IT. I'M WRITING THIS TO WARN ANY RPOSPECTIVE BUYERS OF THE COMMANDER.IT IS GOING TO BE DISCONTIUED WITH THE 2009 MODELYEAR BEING THE LAT.LET THEM GO AWAY PLEASE.DONT BUY ANYMORE JUNK FROM CHRYSLER UNLESS IT IS PRE 1974
    i'll try to remember that thanks
    squeaking from rear isfrom suspension bushings and harsdware justhad mine replaced this week waitng to see if problem returns as do all other problems with mine good luck.
    does clas action sound good to anyone if it can be done let me know i'm in.oh and dont get me wrong i have an06 and ido like the design but after so many ongoing problems with mine i want satisfaction as this is the first and maybe the last brand new vehicle i'll ever buy.
  • wj06wj06 Member Posts: 3
    i have the same problem you are having right now...for almost a week now...my warranty is expired so i don't know how much is it gonna be to get it fix ..did you get your fix yet?
  • wj06wj06 Member Posts: 3
    i have a commander '06 and had no problems until the end of this past summer, at which point i had about 10,000 on it. its just the v6, no packages really. The first set of problems i ran into was my tire pressure indicator light came on. I filled up my tires which were barely low, and the light went off. Of course now it happens every month or so. The other main problem I have is with my transmission feeling like it is jumping gears. I havent had any problems with the car stopping or stalling, but it definetly feels like i am tearing the gears right out of the tranny. Before this happens though, the engine light always comes on, and when i put the car into gear, every single letter is selected on the gear selection indicator on the dash
  • sunteesuntee Member Posts: 2
    Me too! I have had the 06 Jeep Commander full package v8. for about 6 months now and it has been in the shop a bunch of times and also to different dealerships in my area. The low tire light always come on every to weeks and they say there is no leak. I have also had the problem with the jumping gears. It only happened once in a while on the highway going 50- 60 . Now it does it with regular driving. (all the time) Really hard jerking like it cant find the gear then I have to let go of the gas. Now the engine light just stays on and Im about to drop the thing off at the dealership once again.
  • izzytizzyt Member Posts: 1
    Hi there.., I have had a 2007 commander overland for just over a month and i have the same passenger side leak by the handle over the dash. The service dept has adjusted the sun roof, and removed the roof racks and resealed the holes. Still leaks :( Did you ever get the problem resolved? Please let me know.., my jeep is going back into the shop on Tuesday. Thank you.
  • gigagirlgigagirl Member Posts: 21
    Loved the look of the commander but boy am I believing to have made a big mistake with my purchase! My jeep has only 7000 miles bought it in May of 2007 and honestly for the times it goes into the shop it typically is not for one day or two rather days and presently over one week. While I have to credit the autoshop of the place I purchased it as they are keeping it this time until the problems are figured out, on the other hand I'm making nice sized monthly payments and have but a loaner car. I've read about many problems with the 2007 which I own but have not observed my problems with it. Since ownership (May/springtime) I have noticed heavy water in the door - actually in the door sill. How much water, well obviously this is only when it rains be it a light rain or heavy matters not - when I go to open the door up honestly about a pint to a quart of water comes out. I had broached this subject numerous times to my service people and they've noted it each time but the main concern wasn't just the water heavily where it shouldn't be dumping all over each time the door was opened - it was rather come (Winter time as it is presently) the possibilities of logical concern that the door(s) would freeze. Well unfortunately that is exactly what has occurred - the doors freeze continuously and it doesn't matter if it's 30 degrees or zero - - what a mess this is ridiculous. Can you imagine going out to your car in the driveway and going to work and not being able to get in the door. Usually we have to crawl through the back door to get into the front seat - then we have enough leverage to "push" the door open w/out breaking the handle. Now since May when I'd purchased this they replaced the door gasket and it still happens. Acutally even in the summer you literally have to stand away from the door when you open it otherwise you'd be soaked from all the water pouring out of the door sill. The door (we now have taken pictures of this) actually has solid ice along the base of the door sill that is approximately 1/4 of an inch thick mind you going from one side of the door to the other. This is on both front doors but primarily it is the drivers side door where a larger problem seems to exist. The dealer is now investigating drainage from the moon roof speculating that perhaps this could be where the water is coming from. Hmmm? However, we believe that this is not the issue and it is really a more fundamental design issue that is causing water to pool in the sill. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.
  • kimscokimsco Member Posts: 2
    Exactly same problem with the water in the doors.
    Also having power/stalling problems.Just found out today I need 6 new pistons!! 18000 miles on my 06 Commander. Many other problems, that I would get tired typing about
  • mdonigan1mdonigan1 Member Posts: 6
    Have had my 06 for 18 months have 27K on it at this time, nothing but problem after problem all of which I have seen noted on this forum....have the same issues with the freezing water in the doors, also sitting on the sill and having to make sure to back away when opening the door after a rain to avoid wet feet...dealership says it happens to all of them. Also having the almost stalling issue while idling....they say its "normal"....hate this car can not WAIT to get rid of it. this is my 5th jeep and will without a doubt be my LAST.
  • gigagirlgigagirl Member Posts: 21
    Hi well the dealership which had my car for almost two weeks - basically informed me it is, in all probability, due to the design of the car; furthering it with in essence it's something we'll probably have to live with! That is absolutely ""not acceptable"" in my book anyway, not for what I paid for this mobile of mine - I have called the corporate offices and they told me to please take it to another dealership. While I believe this is a "what for" request I will probably do just that. To be frank I'm researching lemon law however my car is listed with our business so I'm not quite sure if I'll follow through with that long process. But one thing that is absoultely for sure is that this matter will not fall on deaf ears! If you desire the phone number to report the problems it's 800.992.1997 (I spoke with an Amy) as I believe the more of us reporting this perhaps they'll observe they've got a situation on their hands. Interestingly my "gear head" son suggested why don't they drill holes in the sills of the doors in that way the water won't pool in a mass and further it will drain out. Leave it to a 22 year old to come up with what sounds, at this stage anyway, logical!!!
  • hemigirlhemigirl Member Posts: 2
    Hello - Was the check engine light on? How long before? Least it is still under warranty to 36k. We had an issue with the fan blower on the a/c - heater and the stitching came out of the seat. The tire issue may be a faulty sensor, or may be something in tire - we have battled tire deals for 2 years. Last time they recalibrated it - not the same issue - the pressure was about 5 pounds less - the new dealer ship claims there was a nail in the tire. Hope this stops the issues. How bad was the stalling. Ours does not stall just acts like clogged injector every now and then. We did not have the door problems. That could short out everything in the door - hope they get it fixed.
  • lemon06lemon06 Member Posts: 14
    Of course!! I'm in the repurchasing phase with Chrysler through a lemon law attornery. Report your problem to the dealer as soon as possible. If you wait they will charge a lot for the mileage you've used :lemon: until you reported it. After that you can drive as long as you desire up until they buy back that trash they sell.
  • lemon06lemon06 Member Posts: 14
    Not for nothing but you should have been requested a buy back. Write Chrysler a letter and request a buy back or replacement vehicle. If they don't respond then write to your local consumer affairs who will act as a mediator between you and Chrysler. Don't be surprised if they don't respond to you and or Consumer Affairs. Find out what the lemon law is in your state and make sure you file before its up other wise that truck is yours until you sell it. If all of the above fails contact an attorney that handles lemon laws in your state. Most states only require that you take a vehicle in the shop for the same problem three times. YOu have excessively put yourself through a lot of headache here. I started my process in Aug 07. Its now March and I've signed a repurchasing order with Chrysler on my 06 Jeep Commander for engine stalling, leaks and wind noise. Don't buy into that TBS or whatever that is people r saying is correcting the problem. It did nothing for me.