Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX vs Lexus IS 250

12346»

Comments

• from_flfrom_fl Member Posts: 113
    Honda makes the best MT. I totally agree. I had several Hondas before(CRX, Accord). They were all joy to drive with MT especially the CRX. However, I am older now with kids. It is tough to drive/enjoy MT with kids yelling at back. I still like MT over AT. The IS has paddle shifter(I have tried it). It allow me to enjoy the essence of MT while keep an eye on kids at back.
  • pg48477pg48477 Member Posts: 309
    Glenn asked a question and I gave him my take on it. Styling is very subjective both in and out, and so did not think it’s useful to voice my opinion, in this case. I think we all know that Lexus make one of the best cruisers and if that’s what he wants, get a Lexus. IMO both 325 and TSX is more fun to drive then IS, I think Glenn can figure out for himself which design he likes better and which navigation system looks better and more useful.

Playing Nintendo can also be fun, but I thought we were talking about driving fun. In any case, I don’t think you should be playing with sound system and navigation while changing lane 1 to 6 at 90MPH :)
    This statement perfectly explained your position and made me understand why you bought a Lexus: “I think there's more life than just fun.”
  • lexus_jnlexus_jn Member Posts: 102
    If "driving fun" is your most important factor then Subaru is the car that you should get. It offers more fun than most 3-series....why pay more than 35K for a 325? hmm...you're swaying me away from IS vs TSX discussion already :-).

Don't blame you at all since I used to think like you when I was in college 12 years ago. Now, I am a section manager for one s/w development group and I want more than just "driving fun" from a car. I do consider luxury, quality/reliability, performance and safety are the most important factors and IMHO, Lexus is the best choice. I don't think TSX should be put on par with IS or 3-series but as for value it's a better choice than IS and 3-series.

FYI, I bought a Lexus not just because I don't want to have fun...As I have said from time to time...IS is a car that you can have tons of fun. I just don't need the "ultimate fun" that you referred to. And of couse there is something else more important ...it's an ownership experience...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=14&article_id=3193
    I have driven WRX extensively, and while it’s fast it is not more fun to drive then BMW. Terrible 5-speed, turbo leg and steering feel was not even close. Plus, I already mentioned that leather, power seats and climate control are the only luxury features that I need, but it’s a must.

I only mentioned BMW in this discussion because it was relevant to the question asked, as Glenn did not purchase his vehicle yet. You turned it in to an argument, again.

It’s funny that you mentioned what you do for a living, I was about to ask you that too. Based on your arguments in this forum and others, I honestly thought that you just graduated from college and got your first car. Don’t get feisty now, it’s just my opinionJ

I don’t need a survey to feel better about my ownership experience; my car is flawless and I have the best dealer. I never said that Lexus does not take care of it’s customers; it does not change the fact however, that both three and TSX offer much better driving experience. IS is the one and only Lexus that being marketed as a sporty type of a car. I have to admit that it’s a step in the right direction, but they still have a way to go.
    I think we need to stop arguing which is the better car, as it’s going nowhere. IS is clearly the best car for you and TSX is the best for me, we just have different preferences.

What important at this point is which would be the best car for Glenn? Clearly Glenn is looking for a fun car to drive (point to TSX), however he did not mention anything about luxury and gadgets. Glenn, can you give us a better idea on what is more important to you, so we can give you our opinion in that respect.
  • glenn386glenn386 Member Posts: 47
    absolutely,

My wife and I Currently own a TL (2months old), a 2003 Yukon, and a 2001 Honda Civic.

The Yukon covers my trips to Montana to photograph and Paint Wildlife (perfect for the intended use). My wife is a vp for Chain of hospital's and drives 30K per year so the comfort of the TL is perfect. The Civic is going to be passed down to my 16 year old daughter when she gets her license next month (again the perfect car for a new driver). But, when I was looking for the TL I drove the IS 250, GS 35x and Audi S4, and realized that I really wanted a fun to drive ...weekender. I don't need the car for any other purpose. (self imposed...wife imposed?..$35K limit)

The IS was the clear leader after I drove THE is and the TSX automatic. When I drove the TSX Manual everything changed. I now believe the IS is a better car but the TSX is a better value.......thus the my indecision.
    I see the TSX as 90% of the car at 80% of the cost.

i could go either way, but I would definitely wait until September for the 07 if I could get rdx's turbo engine in the TSX. The Dealers say they don't know if the TSX will have the same engine in 07 or the RDX Turbo.

Has any one heard definitively if the TSX retains the current engine in 07?
    I don't see them changing an engine in 07, Acura might add few horses to the current one. I'm more then sure the the new 2.3 turbo will be used in TSX, but most likely when the car is redesigned, probably in 08.

Out of cucuriosityhave you looked at MIMiniI think it's an ulultimateun car.
    Quite frankly I think it's your intention to borrow this TSX vs IS thread to talk down Lexus and rave your BMW. Your posts did reveal that not only in this forum but also in other threads. Unlike you I would never sneak into the G35 vs 3-series and praise Lexus although I like G35 coupe much better than 3-series. I am surprised that you somehow lost your cool... jumping up & down and then threw a bunch of cheap shots at me. I regretted about mentioning my work title but I did not use that info to fabricate anything. On a few occassions I had some arguments with a couple guys like Dewey, kdshipo in the IS vs 3-series but at least they did not mock others on a personal level the way you did.
    "I now believe the IS is a better car but the TSX is a better value"

I also thought so
    Both are nice cars. Just do what ever makes you happy..
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    I also thought so

Again, better how? Better by your definition is a well-appointed luxury cruiser (based on what I've read of yur posts).

By my definiton, it's a car that offers a better connection to the road, and a nimble handling feel, with a high fun-to-drive factor. I think the TSX is the better car by this defintion.

Really, you must define your terms before you enter into an arguement.

That said, the last poster has it right. Buy what makes you happy.
  • glenn386glenn386 Member Posts: 47
    Why does it have to be an argument?

How about just plain opinion, these two cars have thousands of variables. Asking others opinion may just bring out a finer point that I wasn't considering.

I have test driven both cars three times, so a grand total of maybe 30 minutes +/- in each. I respect the opinion of anyone who owns either of these cars, they have a much larger base of knowledge than mine.

I doubt that lexus_in will ever be persuaded that you are correct, that the TSX is the better car. Will he ever convince you that the IS is a better car than your TSX?

I respect both of your opinions. As I said, I am interested in your greater base of knowledge and experience with your respective cars.

No need to argue or win a debate, in my book.

Thanks to both of you for your help in evaulating your cars.
  • mrgold35mrgold35 Member Posts: 73
    I’ve been reading through these posts and I wonder are we comparing the right apples to apples. The 1st generation IS 300 was from 2001-2005. It seems the 2004-2006 TSX was designed to compete against the 1st Gen Lexus in the entry level sport/luxury or luxury/sport sedan market. There were not a lot of choices a few years ago in this under $30k market. You either picked a very expensive Honda/Toyota/Nissan/GM/Ford or a very inexpensive BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Volvo. Either choice left a lot of us wanting more from our vehicles than what was offered. Honda/Acura always had a history of letting others test the waters first before getting their feet wet. As a consequence, Acura model years run a year a two after their competitors.

Comparing the 1st Gen IS 300 against the 1st Gen Acura TSX would seem to be a more realistic debate. Lexus had 5-6 years to learn and improve their product and understand their sales demographics and modified the IS 2nd Gen to reflect this change. I haven’t seen a lot (or any) forums comparing the previous Gen IS to the current IS 250, I think the majority of folks would agree the 2nd Gen is better overall. I think comparing 2nd Gen IS to 1st Gen TSX is like taking a test when you know the answers. Lexus has shifted its market focus based on the information it gather over the last 6 years. It will be interesting to see how Acura interprets the same data and what demographics the 2nd Gen TSX will try to capture. This is the forum I’m waiting for: 2008 TSX –vs- 2008 IS 250 (apples to apples).

I’m a proud owner of a 2006 TSX w/ Navi. I pick this vehicle because it was the best overall combinations of all the factors I (and my wife) were looking for in a vehicle. I expect the 2nd Gen IS to be better and I would be disappointed in Lexus if it wasn’t. I found the 1st Gen TSX was better for me. When the 2008 TSX arrives, I will be there for a test drive (I won’t purchase until 2010, work out the new model bugs).

Just a thought……
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    What is a "sports car" supposed to accomplish?

Please don't give crappy answers like should have RWD.
    My farm tractor has RWD. does that mean it can be compared in the sports car segment?

Then we should find out whether the TSX or the IS accomplishes that.

Go!
  • novicenovice Member Posts: 64
    chikoo,

Sounds as though you bring a bit of an 'edge' to your perspective. Let me guess--you aren't persuaded that RWD makes a sports sedan just because a lot of enthusiasts say so. I like your take on this, i.e. you want to identify some outcomes/criteria and then see which cars meet those. It's a very logical and sound approach IMHO. I would only add that even if you can reach a conclusion with data, it won't entirely settle the issue. For instance, car A may prevail on a particular data set. But, most likely, there are other considerations about a sports sedan the data set in play doesn't include. Moreover, while one car may 'win' on points, it doesn't mean it's the desired car overall. For instance, the 100 meter run in the Olympics or other international track events usually has eight entrants, but only one wins. It doesn't mean the others are blow out losers. In fact, they're world class. So too potentially with cars. In addition, there are other factors/features that attract potential owners besides sports dimensions. Nonetheless, you invite a conversation based on some agreed upon elements and that is worthwhile. Let's see what it attracts.
  • chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    Precisely. You have articulated my thoughts extremely well Novice.

What I really want is the die-hard sport car fan define what the sport car should be able to do. Then based upon those criteria, let us see which car achieves the best scores. Let the performance decide the designation of a "sports car", rather than aspects such as RWD or double-wishbone suspension or a V6 / Inline6.
  • cchanpacchanpa Member Posts: 3
    I was in your same situation last week. I think TSX has better interior design and layout. More room in the rear passenger than IS 250. Also, IS250 AWD rear seats can't fold down but TSX can. I agree that IS250 AWD is not $7100 better. Also the car dealer told me I have to get a Navi in order to get a HID xenon lights option. What are either Lexus or the car dealer thinking? I am happy with my 07 TSX comes with all options I need. :)">
  • jsandberg77jsandberg77 Member Posts: 7
    I haven't chimed in on this issue yet, but since I've driven both cars, I thought I'd give my impressions. I had an IS250 AWD for a week while my wife's car was in for service. Recently, I purchased an '06 TSX. Overall, I thought that the 250 was the more luxurious car - I liked the leather seats, styling, and dealership experience more. I thought TSX was the more practical car - it had more interior space, fold down rear seats (necessary for a skier), and a more well-thought out, easy-to-use interior. In terms of performance, I didn't get a chance to push the 250 in cornering much, but it felt very competent. The TSX is just as good in the corners as the 250, though the ride on the freeways was a bit more harsh. There isn't much difference in acceleration between the two cars, despite the V6 vs. I4 issue. I own a 6 speed manual TSX, and the 250 I drove was a 6 speed auto. A manual 250 may be quicker, but I've heard that that transmission is nothing to write home about. Overall, I thought that they were both very nice cars, and I could see myself owning both of them. The 250 I drove was similarly equipped to my TSX (6sp, navi), but had a few extra goodies (backup camera, cooled seats, etc.). However, the price difference was upwards of $8,000. If the price were the same, it would be a good comparison, and I probably would've chosen the 250, but that $8,000 difference made my decision easy.
  • dbw1dbw1 Member Posts: 2
    In Sept I got a TSX mt6 after looking at the IS250 and BMW 3 series. The IS250 was somewhere around $10k more similarily equipped though the only things I really wanted were the hid's and heated seats - for that you had to get the 10k luxery package. The BMW was eliminated because of no BMW extended warrenty available and no spare tire - just run flat tires. While run flats may be okay if you live in Toronto in northern Manitoba they are not acceptable.
    Anyway, to shorten the story, after 3+ months and 7000km later I'm very pleased with the TSX. At the end of the day it's whatever turns your crank and gives you a bit of a rush when you start it.
  • deepsea19deepsea19 Member Posts: 1
    Hey CChanpa,

I am in a similar dilemma. Need to make a decision soon. Do you mind sharing what kind of a price you got the 07 TSX ?

Thanks.
  • gdoctsx1gdoctsx1 Member Posts: 60
    Just purchased an 06 TSX w/Navi (last one on the lot...guess people don't like black!) My one friend have an 06 TL auto with Navi and the other has an 06 IS 250 RWD auto. I've driven the crap out of both of these cars (just made sure I let the burning rubber settle before returning the cars:) and found both fun to drive. I borrowed an 07' TSX from a dealer for 2 days (pays to know people at the dealer) and drove the crap out of it also. I was blown away by the power of this car for a 4 cylinder. I read all the reports about the 'low torque', but found that this car moves amazingly well. I found the IS 250 luxurious, but boring. I prefer the TSX guages and overall cabin. In addition, the IS250 had really tiny back seats. Overall, fun car to drive, but just not exciting to drive - my opinion. I loved the TL, but not the car for me at 33yoa. I found the TSX similar to the TL, but just prefered the handling and feel of the TSX. I've had the TSX for 2 weeks and absolutely love driving it everyday. I've driven many cars and owned 7 cars thus far. Nothing feels quite like the V-tec opening up at around 5000rpm on an onramp doing about 140 in 3rd. As far as the future goes, I'm not digging this turbo stuff. Drove the RDX and as much as it's a nice ride, hate the turbo. Jumpy and kinda quirky just below 2000rpm. Yup, it has torque, but overall the TSX engine still feels better for me. I hope the next generation TSX sticks with the 4cylinder and just makes an already amazing engine better. Joy to drive the TSX. Would love to hear other comments on their TSX.
  • dbw1dbw1 Member Posts: 2
    Your comments sum up nicely why I now have the TSX. Looked at them all plus the BMW 3 series but prefered the TSX. The 4 cyl inthe TSX is a beautiful engine. Great overall driving package and incredable value. My previous vehical was a 2003 Maxima.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    I agree with you- owned my 06 tsx w/Nav 6 spd for two months now- almost 6,000 miles. it is a fun car to drive and does very well at highway speeds. have owned numerous cars with turbo engines- the tsx is just as good IMO. I especially love the way it shifts- very smooth. I test drove the mazdaspeed 6- not very impressed with it's 6 speed transmission- hard to change gears. Most of the tsx's i see on the roads are black so it must be a popular color. I have milano red/ebony int with black and gray painted-on pinstripes. Enjoy the car and happy traveling.My friend is a acura service manager so he said he would give me great deals on service (free oil changes, etc)He also got me the price for my tsx-excellant deal-it does pay to know someone
    TSX is another Honda FWD Accord.
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    TSX is based on the European Accord that is smaller thant the American. It a tighter suspension and a much nicer interior.
    i like the tsx looks better- or should i say euro-accord.
    There is a Lexus based on the Camry, what's the big deal?
    i am trying to figure that out myself- i own a tsx and i do not care if it looks like or is based on something else. I love it
    The TSX is a great looking car, handles great and plenty of hp. :shades:
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    He's just baiting and trying to hook someone. Click on his name and read his last 10 posts or so. He's nothing but a flame artist.

It's great you guys are happy with your cars. :shades:
    a troll indeed! :mad:

I bought a TL, and loved it, and for a second car I was looking at the G 35, IS, etc. then I got a TSX loaner, and fell in love with. I use the TSX for buzzing around the city, and the TL for highway driving. TSX gets very good mpg driving around the city. :shades:
    a tlroll, txsroll indeed!
    which car do you have?
    OK pat :) We will just stick to car talk.
    I've been driving my TSX for the past few weeks and loving it. Spent the weekend in LA and my rental car was an 07' G35 w/navi. The G35 is so freaking fast, I wondered how long it would take before I wrapped myself around some object on the side of the road. It was interesting to come back and drive my TSX and realize what a great balance this car has of power, features and luxury. I'm obviously an Acura fan, because with all the power in the world, I just can't see myself switching to infinity. I've been driving a co-workers 2004 g35 coupe here and there for the past few years. A lot of power, but like the 07 I drove that exhaust sound like a potato is trapped up there and needs to be tossed out. I've read all the discussions about power on the site comparing every car. However, for everyday driving 306hp on Toronto roads with speed traps everywhere...hmmm..nah! I'm having enough problems driving 205hp slowly.
    Not TSX nor TL. Honda/Acura has no "wow" product after NSX and Senna's death. They have noticed the problem and trying to fix it(for example, the latest Accord concept car).
    I figured that from reading your comments. What kind of car do you drive? I went thru my so-called WOW stage- 1991 Mazda Mx-6 GT 5 speed and a 1998 Eagle talon TSI AWD 5 speed. both had turbo. do not need it any longer tsx is fine
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Well, I'm thinking that if he/she has neither of the subject vehicles, this probably isn't the right place to talk about what he/she does drive. ;)
    so sorry- was just curious.
    Not a problem! :)
    For those interested in purchasing or have never driven both vehicles, here's my feedback on the IS250 and the TSX. Both cars (My TSX, GF's IS) are manual with Navi. The navigation on both are easy to use and have similar menu and setup features. The graphics on the Lexus are gorgeous. Reminds me of have a mini MAC on board. The TSX navi is clear and easy to use and the TSX navi has a larger screen For day to day driving the TSX is easier to view. Although hats off to the cool icons in the Lexus. The stereo in both cars are good with the advantage to the Lexus in overall sound quality. As a former musician spending a lot of time in the studio, sitting in the Lexus reminds me of sitting in the studio and playing back a recording after being mixed by an engineer. The sound is crystal clear! Seats in the lexus are much softer than the TSX, and at times too soft, while the seats in the TSX are firmer, maybe too firm. So, it's a toss up for me. The guages and overall cabin in the lexus is more refined with a fit and finish second to none. The visibility in the TSX is far better and making a lane change in the Lexus requires some serious neck turning, and even after straining my neck I was still not sure if I was going to side swip someone. The TSX is not as refined inside, but is not far behind. TSX cabin feels quite a bit larger and if your 6', like me the Lexus feels a bit too snug (but not uncomfortable in the front). Ok, onto driving. The lexus is so quiet and smoothe, you wonder if the car is actually on. The car handles very well, but lacks the fun factor for me. Taking the TSX from about 3800rpm to 7000 is about as fun as it gets for the 200hp range. The TSX engine is quiet but has a thick throaty sound I love. So, if you want luxury silky smoothe, go with the Lexus, if you want a smoothe growl, go with the TSX. The lexus suspension is amazing, and you soaks up the bumps like a sponge, while the TSX has a firmer ride. Somewhere in between would be best for me. Almost forgot!If you're heard that the Lexus has no back seats - it's true. Maybe someone 5'3" can fit in the back, but you're not going on any 2 hour rides in the Lexus with 4 people (unless it's a smurf family). The TSX back seats are good for even a 6' footer in the back with a 6' footer in the front. I paid 36k for TSX (list is 40,200). My GF paid 50k for the Lexus (not sure what list is). Overall, I would not trade my TSX for the Lexus, however it's a gorgeous ride. Just a little too 'soft' for me. Inside, both are far more luxurious than a 323, 325 BMW. Infact, as a previous owner of a 3 series, I would say both are far better value. Albeit, the performance and handling of the 3 series is fantastic. Inside the cockpit of the 3series, it's a black and orange light show, with a very snug cabin. So, dazzzzz it! Would love to hear what others think about either car.

I'm totally jealous reading some of the posts about pricing of cars in the US. My god! 27k for a TSX??? 35K for the lexus???? Grrrrrrrr. A honda civic SI costs about 25K in Canada!!!! Sweet lord of mercy!!! Freaking joke! Anyways. Ltr.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Great post gdoctsx!
  • svt_rssvt_rs Member Posts: 4
    i know this is quite irrelavent but what about the volvo s40T AWD?, similar MSRP, more power, luxury, AWD etc
  • broweebrowee Member Posts: 1
    gdoctsx1- I had noticed the head-turning styling of the Lexus IS 250 AWD only AFTER having already purchased my 2006 Acura TSX, so I found your detailed assessment rather interesting and informative. For the record, I think the TSX has rather nice styling too -- don't you think it's reminiscent of the previous BMW 3-Series styling?? To-date, no buyer's remorse, though I agree that the seat on the TSX is a bit too firm. Since I'm 6'2" with a bit of a bad lower back, I was curious about YOUR SPECIFIC ISSUES with the "too firm" and "too soft" seats on the TSX and IS 250, respectively. I also find the TSX to have a somewhat narrow driver seat back with bit too substantial side bolsters to keep you in place during turns. For me, this seat firmness/bolstering leads to lower back stiffness during longer drives. From a handling perspective, I've also read that the IS 250 has poor road feedback through the steering wheel and can be a bit jittery/twitchy on the highway in taking the turns of the road. Is that your experience with your GF's IS 250 too?? My overall assessment of the TSX vs. the IS 250 is that the TSX is a much better value at $28,500 US with GPS vs. $38,000-$40,000 US for the IS 250 with comparable equipment that is standard on the loaded TSX. I agree that the TSX is roomier -- especially in back. I would assume it's also roomier in front/back vs. the former BMW 3 Series you had?? Plus, the TSX has an excellent driver's position for viewing the road and driving the car vs. feeling like it's driving you. Do you feel like you're in a hole when you're driving the IS 250? I did in the G35X which I had also test driven. I've also wondered if it's harder for a taller person to get in and out of the IS 250 because it seems lower to the ground than the TSX with a lower roofline. Though I have an automatic, the TSX is very fun to drive, with nimble handling (even better than the Acura TL). I feel it also has very good acceleration, especially for a 4 cylinder. The TSX is an excellent car, but perhaps only second to the IS 250 AWD in exterior/interior styling, fit and finish. That said, I'd purchase the Acura TSX again, which I guess says it all.
  • kclbkclb Member Posts: 11
    Aloha all...

I would like some feedback regarding purchasing a car. I am looking into either the IS 250 or TSX. I had a good experience with driving the cars. My problem is that I've always wanted the IS 250. I just like the style, interior design, front / backup sensors, and smart key feature. The price is quite high...about $36, 494 for the particular package that I want. I'm hoping to drop the price but I'm not sure how much they would give me.

There is only one Lexus in Hawaii and only one Acura in Hawaii. Here are the numbers...

Lexus: $587 per month / 60 months @ 5.75 apr - Financing, trading in my current Toyota Corolla S '05, and also putting down $5000. That was the deal they gave me without any price negoitating.

Acura: $550 per month / 60 months - thru Honda Financial I believe, trade in my car $9000, with $5000 down, he drops the price from $32755 + $255.40 door guards + fees to $29015.40 + fees. He will check other banks and/or credit unions if I can get a better deal on financing.

What do you think people? I'd love to get some good feedback. I really think I should get the car that I want but I'd probably save more financially if I got the TSX over the IS250.

Thanks.
    It's hard to say really, I drive my gf's car a lot, so i'm back and forth on the seat issue. Everytime I drive her car i think, man these seats are too soft..nice, but kinda like thick leather foam. I don't feel the lexus feels as connected to the road as the acura. My previous 3 series had great road feel, but car felt more narrow (not sure what the stats are) and overall dash, cabin was not as nice as the tsx. I just put the gun metal "nickel" finish a-spec rims on the car. So, with the black it looks rather aggressive/cool:)

I've read all of the 0-60 figures, comments on the various threads and I'm kinda surprised at what people have to say about the tsx's performance. I've driven and owned some fast cars and the tsx pulls great in comparison to my previous 3 series. I love it in 3,4th gear on the highway and love the smootheness of the engine. Many of the 3 series cars had about 180-225hp for quite sometime (granted more torque than the tsx). It's only recently they bumped it up from 255hp to 300hp. It was rare to read a thread about someone complaining about the 325 or 323 being underpowered. I don't think the car is underpowered, in fact, i have a blast cranking the car out everyday. I've raced (on a select few occasions:) some cars on the highway and the tsx is a very quick car. The reality is, the tsx is a close to perfect car for the money. I guess people want to pick on every cars potential short comings. However, the is250 is far being any faster than the tsx. It has a couple good gears, but feels slow cause it's so damn quiet and smoothe. My dad loves driving it. If the Is350 had some back seats i'd consider it later on. For now, i'll drive the best car in the segment :shades:
    From your post,
    "It's hard to say really, I drive my gf's car "a lot", ..."
    "..For now, i'll drive the best car in the segment.."

IS? :shades:
    If you read my post and realize what forum I'm posting in - you'd know I was refering to the TSX :D

That's the thing with you Lexus guys, more money than neurons firing :P

Kidding! Both fun cars, but I'll keep my 15grand difference in the bank :shades:
  • sader2004sader2004 Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for a new car and the IS 250 and the TSX are my two finalists. I have test driven both cars. They are both fabulous vehicles in their own right. The TSX certainly handles better then the IS. However, the IS is quieter and more refined. The fit and finish on both vehicles is excellent, but I prefer the IS' real wood trim and heated AND VENTILATED seats. Both navigation systems are excellent, however the TSX's is less fussy(no need to switch regions and can be operated while the vehicle is in motion). The stock audio systems are both great, unless of course you opt for the Mark Levenson in the IS. The ML system blows just about any stock audio system out of the water. Unfortunately, in order to get the system, the IS must be ordered and it would take at leat a month. However there several reasons I am leanig toward the TSX. It is roomier than the IS. I am only 5'9 but I felt crammed in the IS. Second of all is the price(42K for the IS with NAV and ML package and TSX 30K fully loaded). You can not go wrong with either car but I will save the extra 11K for something else.
This discussion has been closed.