Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• jasvicjasvic Posts: 13
    Hi Car_man - I was hoping you would post the current MF and residual for a 2010 Lexus IS-C 250 (Automatic Transmission) 36 month 10,000 mile per year lease.

Thanks!

-Sean
  • I'd be happy to help you out, Sean. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 Convertible with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jasvicjasvic Posts: 13
    Thanks Car_man!
  • Hi Car_man and everyone,

Can you help me out with the Money Factor and RV for December - IS 250 RWD. I am looking at leasing for 36months, 10Kmiles/yr, with premium pkg, wheels, and Navi. Thanks!
  • Here's a quote I got which I think is pretty good:

2010 IS 250 with prem Nav. Pkg, MSRP $38586, 12K miles per year, $2000 drive off for $399/mth tax incl.

Any opinions?
  • Hey SW33train:

I was given a money factor of .0020 and residual value of 62%. Here's the offer I got 2010 IS 250 with prem nav. pkg, 12K per year, 36 months, $2000 drive off for $399/mth tx incl.
  • Where are you guys located Sw33? Is it 2000 and that is it?
  • Located in SoCal and yes, $2000 drive off.
  • mmenard?

You are looking at a 14% discount off MSRP for is 250..........wondering if this is possible on a is with 18 inch wheels and premium MSRP is 35140? I am getting the same residuals and money factors as you are jsut not that big a discount. If you don't mind run the lease for me and tell me what you get for the payment.
  • There's no point in me "running" the lease with your numbers. Dealers can manipulate the numbers numerous ways to lower the lease payment. For example, the first offer I was given was $423/mth, then $415/mth, and then $399 and another dealer tried to get me to come in and said he would do better than $399. (all for the same car MSRP $38586). That's with nav. pkge which icludes the 18" wheels. Are you in Southern California?
  • No, South Florida. I understand how they manipulate but there are some known numbers here. If you ran it as a straight lease I would assume that 1000 dollars would cover the bank fee and the tags. The other 1000 would be for cap cost reduction.
    MSRP 38586
    Purchase price 34075
    Residual 62%
    Cap Cost Reduction 1000
    MF .0020

Payment pre tax 368.21
    Tax of 8.5 % 399.50

If I use the same discount and rational I come up with 353 after tax here in Florida
    Premium and 18 inch wheels MSRP 35060 buying it for 11.7 % discount 30957.98

I may be wrong on how they apply the Cap Cost reduction but I don't think there is anyway around the bank fee and the tag. The other thousand might go towards the putting back in the dealer fee. Maybe not just thinking............

Maybe Carman can chime in here.
  • mibrowmibrow Posts: 12
    I live in Miami, FL.. Dealer is offering this deal for a IS 10:
    MSRP: $35006
    Lease Term: 48 months
    Upfront Pay: $1300
    Miles: 10K
    Monthly payments: $439 taxes included (7%)

In addition they told me, that if i want to change the car for a new one in 3 years (is a 48 month lease ) there is no fees, no penalties, etc.

I'm new in this kind of deals... this is the first time i'm trying to get a lease car.

Is this a good deal??? if not.. with same lease term (48) and 1300 upfront... what would a fair monthly payment.

Thanks,
  • Generally speaking, it's bad to lop several deals into one. It's better to focus on each transaction seperately and get each one as low as possible based on their own merits.. What a dealer tries to do is save himself money up front by trying to entice you with something "special" later down the road. But reality is, most dealers will cut fees when your lease is up just to get you in another one of his vehicles. So in essence, you aren't gaining anything that you wouldn't normally be able to gain on your own three years from now. Don't accept his promises, just get it down to as close to invoice as possible.
  • No problem jasvic.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, sw33train. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks fizzboy7... I'll take your advice!
    as i said before, i'm new in this car-leasing world... I'd really appreciate your help.
    In your experience. What would be fair values for a IS250-210:
    1.- %RV and %Interest Rate in a 36month term.
    2.- %RV and %Interest Rate in a 48month term.
    3.- if i only have $1300 to paid right know... what would be a fair monthly payment in 36 and 48 term.
    thanks
  • Hi mibrow. I'm not Fizz, but I can give you an idea of what Lexus' current lease program for this car is like. Through the end of the year, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00200 and 51%.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and dealer invoice price first. You can look that information up right here in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • Wish I could help you further with your figures, but I am not that deep into it to tell you. But I'll stick to my main advice on learning what invoice is, all the incentives, and base your purchase on getting the car for as close to or under the invoice price. I emailed all dealers in my area (LA) asking for the exact model, color, and price, and took the one who met all three needs. You can do it, just remain firm. It's a good time to make a purchase/lease.
    Hi Car_man... Thanks for your help!
    Model: IS 250 2010
    MSRP: 35006
    Invoice: 31500 (Aprox)
    Taxes: 7%
    I only have $1300 to pay right now.
    Credit: over 720 (Tier 1+)
    Miles: 10,000
    I would like to know a fair monthly payment for 36 and 48... and what would be the Residual value at the end of the lease.

Let me know if you need more info.... Thanks Car_Man
    Hey fizzboy7... It's ok... Thanks for your advices.
  • You're welcome, mibrow. Thanks for the additional information. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 IS 250 RWD that has an MSRP of $35,006 and a selling price of $31,500 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $370 (assuming that you qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier).

The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease would be around $364.

This car's residual value would be $22,054 at the end of three years and $18,904 after four years.

Car_man
    Host
  • I think this deal is terrible! I live in CA where the tax rate is 9.75% and I got a 2010 IS250 RWD with prem nav. package, 18 " wheels and spoiler (MSRP 38,800) for $395/mth tax incl. for a 36 mth lease $2000 drive-off.
  • Just to specify: I was talking about your original post with a payment of $439/mth I believe it was. I'm not refering to carman's reply (just to be clear).
    Car_man... excellent Info..now i have more tools to make a better deal....

More questions:
    - what interest rate you took for 36 and 48 months.... if credit score is 800+?

- the $1300 that i can pay now, is completely oriented to fees, etc, etc??? that is the reason you said "your zero down"..... if so... how much money i have to pay to be considered "down"?

- Is it true if i make a 48 months lease, i can return at 36 months and make an exchange.... with no penalties, no fees (deposition fee)???

thanks in advance for your help.
    Mibrow
    Hi mmenard,
    Actually i believe the same... 439 for 48 months is too much for this car.
    this is the first time i try to get a car via lease....
    thanks for your reply.
    mibrow
  • talctalc Posts: 11
    mm:

what was your money factor, residual, and selling price (cap cost)?

TALC
    I'm also trying to calculate mmenards's monthly payment but i cannot get same number:
    assuming:
    MSRP: 38800
    Cap Cost: 34500
    down Payment: 0
    Taxes: 9.75%
    Term:36
    Rate: 4.8%
    Car Value End Loan: 24444 (63%)

With this data i get $435/mth

mmenard... how do you get $395/month?

Mibrow
    mibrow: that's what I get when the numbers are crunched:

Monthly Base: $279.33
    Finance Charges: $117.89
    Taxes: $38.73
    Monthly Payments: $435.95

TALC
  • I never said 0$ down. I said $2000 drive-off. The $2000 includes first month payment, lic& reg. Why do you assume my cap cost is 34, 400? My net cap cost was $32, 994.50. 36 mth lease, 12K/yr tax rate of 9.75% My exact payment is $395.99 tx incl. for MSRP $38, 800.

Your dealer is not giving a good price on the car, simple as that.
    mm:

If your Net CAP Cost is $32,994.50 and the remaining numbers are correct, then your monthly payments (including taxes) should be $386.75. So you're not too far off.

- TALC
This discussion has been closed.