Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• sflease1sflease1 Member Posts: 6
    No, South Florida. I understand how they manipulate but there are some known numbers here. If you ran it as a straight lease I would assume that 1000 dollars would cover the bank fee and the tags. The other 1000 would be for cap cost reduction.
    MSRP 38586
    Purchase price 34075
    Residual 62%
    Cap Cost Reduction 1000
    MF .0020

Payment pre tax 368.21
    Tax of 8.5 % 399.50

If I use the same discount and rational I come up with 353 after tax here in Florida
    Premium and 18 inch wheels MSRP 35060 buying it for 11.7 % discount 30957.98

I may be wrong on how they apply the Cap Cost reduction but I don't think there is anyway around the bank fee and the tag. The other thousand might go towards the putting back in the dealer fee. Maybe not just thinking............

Maybe Carman can chime in here.
  • mibrowmibrow Member Posts: 12
    I live in Miami, FL.. Dealer is offering this deal for a IS 10:
    MSRP: $35006
    Lease Term: 48 months
    Upfront Pay: $1300
    Miles: 10K
    Monthly payments: $439 taxes included (7%)

In addition they told me, that if i want to change the car for a new one in 3 years (is a 48 month lease ) there is no fees, no penalties, etc.

I'm new in this kind of deals... this is the first time i'm trying to get a lease car.

Is this a good deal??? if not.. with same lease term (48) and 1300 upfront... what would a fair monthly payment.

Thanks,
  • fizzboy7fizzboy7 Member Posts: 15
    Generally speaking, it's bad to lop several deals into one. It's better to focus on each transaction seperately and get each one as low as possible based on their own merits.. What a dealer tries to do is save himself money up front by trying to entice you with something "special" later down the road. But reality is, most dealers will cut fees when your lease is up just to get you in another one of his vehicles. So in essence, you aren't gaining anything that you wouldn't normally be able to gain on your own three years from now. Don't accept his promises, just get it down to as close to invoice as possible.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem jasvic.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, sw33train. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks fizzboy7... I'll take your advice!
    as i said before, i'm new in this car-leasing world... I'd really appreciate your help.
    In your experience. What would be fair values for a IS250-210:
    1.- %RV and %Interest Rate in a 36month term.
    2.- %RV and %Interest Rate in a 48month term.
    3.- if i only have $1300 to paid right know... what would be a fair monthly payment in 36 and 48 term.
    thanks
    Hi mibrow. I'm not Fizz, but I can give you an idea of what Lexus' current lease program for this car is like. Through the end of the year, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 IS 250 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00200 and 51%.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and dealer invoice price first. You can look that information up right here in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Wish I could help you further with your figures, but I am not that deep into it to tell you. But I'll stick to my main advice on learning what invoice is, all the incentives, and base your purchase on getting the car for as close to or under the invoice price. I emailed all dealers in my area (LA) asking for the exact model, color, and price, and took the one who met all three needs. You can do it, just remain firm. It's a good time to make a purchase/lease.
    Hi Car_man... Thanks for your help!
    Model: IS 250 2010
    MSRP: 35006
    Invoice: 31500 (Aprox)
    Taxes: 7%
    I only have $1300 to pay right now.
    Credit: over 720 (Tier 1+)
    Miles: 10,000
    I would like to know a fair monthly payment for 36 and 48... and what would be the Residual value at the end of the lease.

Let me know if you need more info.... Thanks Car_Man
    Hey fizzboy7... It's ok... Thanks for your advices.
    You're welcome, mibrow. Thanks for the additional information. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 IS 250 RWD that has an MSRP of $35,006 and a selling price of $31,500 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $370 (assuming that you qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier).

The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease would be around $364.

This car's residual value would be $22,054 at the end of three years and $18,904 after four years.

Car_man
    Host
  • mmenardmmenard Member Posts: 68
    I think this deal is terrible! I live in CA where the tax rate is 9.75% and I got a 2010 IS250 RWD with prem nav. package, 18 " wheels and spoiler (MSRP 38,800) for $395/mth tax incl. for a 36 mth lease $2000 drive-off.
    Just to specify: I was talking about your original post with a payment of $439/mth I believe it was. I'm not refering to carman's reply (just to be clear).
    Car_man... excellent Info..now i have more tools to make a better deal....

More questions:
    - what interest rate you took for 36 and 48 months.... if credit score is 800+?

- the $1300 that i can pay now, is completely oriented to fees, etc, etc??? that is the reason you said "your zero down"..... if so... how much money i have to pay to be considered "down"?

- Is it true if i make a 48 months lease, i can return at 36 months and make an exchange.... with no penalties, no fees (deposition fee)???

thanks in advance for your help.
    Mibrow
    Hi mmenard,
    Actually i believe the same... 439 for 48 months is too much for this car.
    this is the first time i try to get a car via lease....
    thanks for your reply.
    mibrow
  • talctalc Member Posts: 11
    mm:

what was your money factor, residual, and selling price (cap cost)?

TALC
    I'm also trying to calculate mmenards's monthly payment but i cannot get same number:
    assuming:
    MSRP: 38800
    Cap Cost: 34500
    down Payment: 0
    Taxes: 9.75%
    Term:36
    Rate: 4.8%
    Car Value End Loan: 24444 (63%)

With this data i get $435/mth

mmenard... how do you get $395/month?

Mibrow
    mibrow: that's what I get when the numbers are crunched:

Monthly Base: $279.33
    Finance Charges: $117.89
    Taxes: $38.73
    Monthly Payments: $435.95

TALC
    I never said 0$ down. I said $2000 drive-off. The $2000 includes first month payment, lic& reg. Why do you assume my cap cost is 34, 400? My net cap cost was $32, 994.50. 36 mth lease, 12K/yr tax rate of 9.75% My exact payment is $395.99 tx incl. for MSRP $38, 800.

Your dealer is not giving a good price on the car, simple as that.
    mm:

If your Net CAP Cost is $32,994.50 and the remaining numbers are correct, then your monthly payments (including taxes) should be $386.75. So you're not too far off.

- TALC
  • needlexusdealneedlexusdeal Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to get a good lease deal before the end of the year. I live in Los Angeles and would greatly appreciate learning where you got your deal (dealership).
    You are in the driver's seat if you live in L.A. with so many Lexus dealerships around. Email ALL of them, stating the price and options you want. Most will respond back and you can chose who you want to give your business too. I did this and it worked out great. Ended up with Westminster, but your results may vary.
    Oxnard and Santa Monica Lexus were the most competitive. Contact their internet department. (Michael Norris at Santa Monica) got me my deal.
    Money factor was .0020 and residual value 62%. With those numbers I get $397.70.
  • vickies1vickies1 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 IS250, AWD, 15000 miles per year for 36 months, no money down (preferably). What would be considered a decent monthly payment? Car man? Thanks for any advice!
  • lifted619lifted619 Member Posts: 2
    After a long grueling six months of waiting to get this car, it has finally happened.Here are the details:

2010 is250 (Starfire Pearl)
    w/ Navigation

List: $38900
    Sale Price: $34500

15K Miles a year
    60% Residual
    .00210 Money Factor
    Out of pocket: $1700.00 (First Month, Doc Fees, etc)

Monthly payment is $430.00 plus tax

I am located in Southern California

Good Luck!

Hope this helps:)
    Hi people!

I'm getting a new deal:
    MSRP: 35006
    Out-of-pocket: $950 (it includes first month payment)
    Term:36 months (actually 35 months)
    Miles: 10K
    Monthly Payment: $399 + taxes (7%) = $425
  • georgiagirl13georgiagirl13 Member Posts: 24
    Hi All,

Please tell me what sales price I should be asking the dealers for. I think the MSRP is somewhere between $38,000 and $39,000. I live in the Atlanta, Ga area. This is what I want:

2010 Lexus IS 250 AWD
    Navigation
    Premium package
    36 months/15,000 miles
    no money down (preferably)

-When sending out my email to the various Lexus internet sales departments, do I state the price I want in the first email? Or do I first tell them the car, mileage, etc and see what their first price offer is?

-Also, what is the chance of getting them to give me a check for my 2 months payments remaining on my current BMW lease ($1000)? I heard that sometimes a dealer will do this for you to get you into one of their cars. And would this affect my monthly payment at all?

Help, I need some advice. Car Man? Anybody?

Thanks for your help
    Hi Georgiagirl13,
    I'm not carman...

For this car MSRP:38-39K.... you should try to get Invoice price, which is something around $34500 - $34700.

I suggest, to state the price you want in the first email..... Actually i did it this way... and after few minutes i received call from dealer internet sales department with a deal better that regular sales.

Mibrow
  • johnathonjohnathon Member Posts: 5
    I've been browsing the forums for quite some time, and now that I'm ready (I think), I'd like to know the various residual and money factor for a 2010 Lexus is 250 C (convertible). I'm looking at the premium package and nav, so MSRP is about 48k.

Can you quote the residual % and money factor for 36, 48, 60 months?

Thanks
    Johnathon
    Folks, following is the most competitive deal I've received so far. Many of the dealerships either didn't respond or are balking at giving me a quote via email. Very strange because the Internet Sales Managers were all very cooperative when I bought my Honda Accord 6 years ago.... At any rate, maybe Lexus is different....

IS 250 with navigation on a 36 month/12,000 miles per year lease with the MINIMUM driveoff of $1673 your payment including tax is $$414/mo. These numbers are subject to credit approval and are based on the current lease plans.

*Cap cost = $$33,558
    *Money factor = .002
    *Residual = $$24,117.38

What do you think?? I am still waiting for a couple of offers, but this one is way better than the ones I've received so far.
  • vickies1vickies1 Member Posts: 6
    Granted, I've only priced the IS250 at a few dealerships locally in the Chicago area, I'm frustrated that they've all told me the deals I'm seeing on here are non-existent. What gives? The info I got is $3500 down (total), 36 mos, 15000 mi., (car lists for $36k) = .00249 MF and $21,892 residual, $510/month. Thoughts?
    That's an awful deal! First off ask car_man for the money factor and residual value in your city. I find the numbers your dealers are giving you are not accurate. In CA the money factor is 0.0020 and residual value is 62% for a 36 mth lease at 12 000 miles per year (61% at 15000 miles). Are you dealing with salespeople or internet sales managers. Don't go into a dealership and talk to a sales person - you'll never get a good deal. Take quotes from fleet managers/Internet sales managers via the internet. The car might be more expensive to lease in Chicago than LA but no way is the difference $115/mth!!!!
    Does your $1673 drive off include your first month payment? If yes then $414 is not a bad deal. I got offered $415 and I sent out an email to all the dealers and brokers I contacted letting them know I was taking this deal. All of a sudden I had one guy come back with $399/mth and then another said he would beat $399 and offered me $395. This is what I recommend you do. See what happens.
  • johnathonjohnathon Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone provide the money factor and residual for a 250 convertible in Dallas? I'd prefer to have 15,000miles/year and am open to length of lease but would like to have it coincide with the warranty coverage.

Appreciate the help. So far, a dealer quoted the following (without a residula or MF) and it seems rather high (and is more than my budget will permit!)

IS 250C Premium Package
    MSRP: 45546
    SELLING PRICE: 43000
    TERM: 36 months X 15,000 miles
    CASH AT SIGNING: 824 (includes 1st month payment and fees)
    MONTHLY PAYMENT: 691 X 35 months

I really would like to get payments at 400, but without the MF or residual, I'm not sure if it is even possible.
  • sflease1sflease1 Member Posts: 6
    This is happening to me also in South Florida. They think you need to buy for Christmas and are such schmucks they are gonna try and force your hand. I am looking at the IS and a Acura TSX and they TSX deal went up by 30 per month since yesterday. Needless to say if you can wait until next week it will be month and year end and you will have their full attention.
    Just noticed that you mentioned brokers. Do you think that we all should also reach out to lease brokers? I just assumed that a broker could never match a dealer deal, but perhaps I am wrong??
  • georgiagirl13georgiagirl13 Member Posts: 24
    Mibrow,

Thanks for the info!! I'm going to take your advice and state the price that I want in the first email....No need to beat around the bush. Wish me luck!

Georgiagirl13
    Cool! Good Luck!
  • miglumiglu Member Posts: 8
    Car man
    Got this quote for a 2010 IS250 with NAV
    3yr Lease
    3,500 down
    12K miles a year
    $385 a month,

What do you think? I just called a second dealer to see if they can beat this, waiting to hear back, To me this sounds reasonable but I want your thoughts?
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    That's way too high. Is that inclusive of tax? If not, that's almost $100 more than what you should be paying per month. But it's really hard to tell if it's a good deal or not unless you post the MSRP and the selling price because if your credit is crap that could explain the astronomical payments.
    Thats including tax, I also qualified for their tier 1 credit, MSRP for a 2010 IS250 is roughly 39k, selling price would be lower, but I didnt ask for the details on the selling price since I focused on payments per month only. So you think this is 100 bucks over? You think I should be paying $285/month on this car?

Thanks
    it has the Nav as well
  • greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    The deal isn't *AS* bad if it includes tax, but it's still pretty high. You need to ask what the selling price of the car instead of focusing on the payments. Pricing is different on the 2010's than it was on the 2009's but I got my '09 back in March with RWD, premium package (incl. preferred accessories) and nav and the MSRP was $37,656 and the car was sold to me at $32,448. I put down 9 MSD instead of a cap cost reduction (MSD's reduce MF and therefore your overall payment, cap cost reduction does not) so my MF was very very low, almost nothing actually. My payments, inclusive of tax are $417 a month in CA (once you figure in the $3200 that you're putting down, your payments are around $450 or so). I only put down MSD and drive off (1st month, title, etc). With the new pricing of the 2010's you should be shooting for $34k, maybe $33,500 if you can get that -- I'm not sure what others have been getting.
  • HokNYCHokNYC Member Posts: 47
    Hello car_man,

Was wondering if you can assist with the offer below. Let me know if its inline with a good offer:

Quoted on 12/28:
    IS250 AWD Premium pkge w/spoiler, HID
    36 months
    10,000/yr
    MSRP 37,900
    Price 34,471
    MF 0.0021
    Res Value 63%
    CAP 1912
    Drive out: $2800 (including taxes, fees)

$428/month
  • x_evax_eva Member Posts: 1
    So, I went to a local Lexus dealership (I'm in Houston) yesterday and got a quote of $395/mo x36, 10,000/yr, $3,000 drive-off (including TTL, etc.) on an IS 250 with the premium package + HIDs. I have tier 1 credit; didn't negotiate the selling price, just the monthlies...

Now I personally think that's a good deal, but just found out that my other lease doesn't end till April (I thought it would in Feb.). Anyway, my question is: do you think I, as a reasonable 3rd person, & not necessarily a tough negotiator, would be able to (fairly effortlessly) get this deal in March?

Any imput is greatly appreciated! Thx. :)
    what was your down payment on your car? ttl+fees, then you put an extra 3k down?
    thanks
    Here is the exact Numbers

$38,999 MSRP IS250 RWD
    $34.555 Selling, Invoice $35,151
    .002 MF
    $24117 Residual

$385Month, $3500DWN
    Just called up a few more dealers who promised to callme back with an offer thats better if they can make it happen. Ill keep you posted.
    Ok Greeneyes, got a new offer from a different dealership, really need your input fast, here is the deal

2010 IS250 w Nav and Prm
    $3000 down instead of $3,500
    36months, 12/yr and $385 monthly payments inc tax, big savings upfront. What does that translate to in terms of deal value? GOOD, still BAD?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.