Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• dfd3dfd3 Member Posts: 57
    Hello Car man:

I read your post #43 and was intrigued by the 1 pay lease. Can you tell me if the money factors and residuals you used are still accurate? Also, I noticed that your post dealt with the IS250 AWD. Are the factors the same for the IS 350? I am looking for the residuals, MF, and excess mileage charges on an IS350 for a 30 month lease with 20K miles per year. Do you have that information?

Thank you.
  • mshefmanmshefman Member Posts: 5
    I just priced out an IS 250 AWD, 36 months, 12K Miles without luxury package........After much negotiating, I was given the price of $423/month (including tax, etc...) with approx $4700 down of which $1200 is the non refundable security deposit. Curious of the consensus of the group if this is a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gimlys4. Over $900 a month for a Lexus IS 350 is nuts! I definitely would not pay anywhere near that much for this car. For that kind of money you could get any one of a million better vehicles. One of the problems here is the fact that you have so much negative equity. It would be in your best interest to wait until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get something else.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Here you go christina271. If you were to lease a Lexus IS 250 2WD through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jaypolostls. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 350 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00265 and 56%. I have not seen this car's 42 month program. I'm not sure of the exact reduction that LFS provides to loyal customers, but you should qualify for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dfd3. Lexus is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the IS. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The last time that I saw it, LFS' buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier and pay a security deposit was .00265. LFS provides a .00100 money factor reduction for consumers who pay for their entire lease in advance. Its current 30 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the '06 IS 350 is 62%. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that LFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mshefman. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

For now I can tell you that it is not a good idea to make such a large down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your IS would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • uptempoballeruptempoballer Member Posts: 6
    hello Car_man,

I'm in the market for a 2006 IS 250 AWD 36 month lease with about 15,000 miles a year. The dealer gave me a MSRP of $37,619 with these options:
    -Premium Package
    -Nav (includes Voice activation, rear view camera, and Bluetooth)
    -Preferred Accessory Package
    I looked on Edmunds and the invoice is $34,690 with the same options. I'm looking to put $0 down, but am willing to pay for tax and tags upfront. Could you please help with the MF and residual value...

Also would the residual value and MF change if I go from 15K to 12K or 10K a year in mileage, but still stay at the 36mth lease?

I wanted to be able to stay under $500 a month, do you think that is possible???

Thanks,

Up
  • trickunitrichtrickunitrich Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2006 IS 350 fully loaded except for the Mark Levinson radio system (not worth it). The MSRP is $43,589. I put $4,015 down (including 1st months payment), $596 a month, for a 3 year 36K miles. The dealer is Ray Catena in NJ. They were very friendly and treated me like a king. BTW, the car is phenomenal. Got it in less then one week.
  • czerczer Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking at leasing an IS 250 AWD with a MSRP of $35164. The dealer is currently offering it for $34414. I would like to lease it for 36 months at 12k miles a year. I probably will put $2000 down. What will or should the numbers look like? Thanks for any help!
  • jamthiedejamthiede Member Posts: 1
    The guy I'm working with got back to me on the numbers for an IS 350. I was wondering if it looked like an okay deal and was a bit concerned with the residual value he quoted. I'm also going to be prepaying all taxes and fees so only the cost of the car will be financed.

MSFP: 40,784
    Actual Price: 39,784
    Miles: 15K / year
    Money Factor: .00204
    Residual: 43%
    Payment:
    (48 months): $670
    (51 months): $650
    (54 months): $635
    (60 months): $620
  • riemu7riemu7 Member Posts: 13
    Car_man,

I need your quick advice on this offer - will be heading into the dealership Friday to negotiate. This was what I was offered today:

IS 250 AWD standard package/options
    Sticker price - $35,164

15k, 36 months = $477/month
    or
    18k, 36 months = $509/month

Drive out = $770 + first month + plates/transfer.

What do you think? I'd like to offer 18k, 36 month for $450. It's the end of the month, and I'm betting the dealership needs to meet some numbers. We didn't discuss money factor, residual, negotiated price, etc. Just the bottom line payment.

Thanks!
    Just some follow-up - I went to the dealership today to see how willing they were to sell me the car on the last day of the month. Offered $459 for 36 mo/18k, and then it seemed like I made the sales person upset, and had a visit from the manager. He showed me the worksheet, using a negotiated price of $32,066, money factor of 0.00235, residual of 59%, he showed me a price of $501.23 (which includes 6% state tax).

So I plug these numbers into my lease calculator and get $467.34 (again, includes 6% state tax).

Regardless, I'm determined to get the car around this price even if I have to wait. Just want to hear others' comments.

M
    Does anyone know what the residual would be on a IS 250 AWD after 36 months/18,000 mi?
  • stalnakerstalnaker Member Posts: 72
    Car_Man,

I will be in the market for a new car later this year, but I'm starting to do my research now. I really don't have any experience with Lexus Financial Services, so I have some general questions I was hoping you could answer. For the first question, let's use this vehicle as a sample:

Lexus IS250 RWD w/Premium Package
    MSRP: $33,234.00 (Including delivery)
    Actual Sales Price: $33,234.00 (For sake of discussion)
    Lease Term: 3 Years/15,000 Miles Per Year
    Residual: I'm not sure what the residual is, but can you tell me?
    Money Factor: Is it .00265? I think I saw that in other posts.

Here are my questions:

1. What would my monthly payment be with nothing down, before tax?
    2. What would my total payment be if I decided to do the one-pay lease? I believe the reduces the MF by 0.00100, so I want to see the comparison in total cost over the 3 years.
    3. I heard somewhere that you can lower the money factor on a Lexus lease by putting down multiple security deposits (MSD), between 2 and 7. Do you know anything about this?
    4. Lexus always has this sale around Christmas called the "December to Remember" event. Is this really the best time of the year to lease a new Lexus? If so, how much of a discount do they typically offer?

That's all.....thanks a bunch for your help!

Ernest
  • autobrowserautobrowser Member Posts: 1
    I will be picking up an IS 350 in about ten days. The agreed upon price is $34,750 vs. a MSRP of $38,234 (Smoky Granite Mica, 18" Wheels, Premium Package, and Preferred Accessory Package only).

I have decided to lease this vehicle through Lexus Financial Services.

Could you please provide this month's residuals for both 36mo/12k mi and 36mo/15k mi for this (without navigation package) vehicle? Also, could you please provide the current LFS money factors for Tier 1+ and Tier 1.

Many Thanks,

Don
  • cybercarcybercar Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car_Man,
    I am starting on some homework on leasing an IS250. I see a lot of questions about leasing for 36 months/24Mo. but I was wondering what the residual value and Money factor is for a 48 month lease/15,000K & 48/12,000K? Tier 1 Credit

Thanks for the help!
    Mario
    S.F. Bay Area
  • realtorgrlrealtorgrl Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,
    Boy am I glad I saw this sight today, we got beat up at the Lexus here in MA. First I went in w/o my husband I wanted the IS250 AWD-No Nav, the car came with all the other stuff. I wanted 3k down, and to pay 34,500 for the car MSRP 35690 lease for 39 months and pay about 475 a month. One guy tells me that can work, hubby goes there today and Bam.. They tell him 571 month 2k down. and the Resid was what was killing him and the money factor??? And that these cars FLY out of the dealer and Lexus give
    NO DEAL'S

What do you think?
    LOL! about the dealership and what they quoted you, did they also give you the song and dance about how wonderful they are and they have 100% satisfaction rates..blaa...blaaa..blaa How did it work out for you? I was there the last two days first they tell me the same gig how it was going to be 39 month,12k 3k down $470 a month. My husband goes back to negotiate and do the paperwork and the NEW Sales manager tells him its $571 a month for $34,000 purchase price.

What did you end up doing since it's now 4/7 and all the 06' lease deals are over??

realtorgrl
  • kgk3kgk3 Member Posts: 19
    Are the residual values and/or the money factor negotiable items? For example, I was quoted a 55% residual on a 39 month, 15K/year lease on an IS350 (can't remember the money factor). This seems low to me. Can these figures be negotiated or do you just have to take what's given to you from Lexus Financial?
    Is this an insane question, I just had to ask, this dealership I go to acts like your bothering them and you better not ask for money off the sticker cause they have 5 people behind you who will pay it? Is it true there are no deals on the IS250 from LFS now?

S
    After much research (many thanks to this forum) I finally decided to go ahead with a lease on a new 2006 IS 250 AWD, preferred package, all weather mats, MSRP $35,164. Here were the least numbers (36 months/15,000 miles):

MSRP $35,164
    Neg Cap Cost $31,946
    MF (Tier 1+ Credit ) 0.00235
    Residual - 58% (just went down from 59% since March 31)

Payments came out to $470.49 with state tax. Got Blue Onyx with Cashmere interior. Upgrading from a Jeep Liberty!
    Forgot to mention this is with no money or security deposit down, and about $1300 in drive offs ($600 acquisition, $470.49 1st month's, $23 title+transfer fee, $170 document fee).
  • vlad3vlad3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Got my IS 250 for 465/mo, for 39mo lease.
    Price seems to be OK, but I found in my lease agreement - Other charges - Disposition Fee -450$ if I do not purchase the Vehicle!
    Is anyone having this fee in the agreement? Or is it a new dealer trick?
  • ineedanewcarineedanewcar Member Posts: 29
    Hi,

I've been offered the following terms:

MSRP: $36,310
    Cap cost: $34,291
    Invoice: $31,785 (Edmunds) $32,291 (dealers)
    Cap cost reduction = 0
    Residual = 0.60
    12K/36 mo.

$1465 drive off

$568 including tax (8.25%) and gap insurance

I've back calculated a money factor of 0.00262

My question is, if my cap cost, money factor and residual are in the same ballpark as all the previous posts, then why are my monthly payments not in the $480 range like all the previous posts?

Can someone help me figure this out? I've taken the 'extreme' situation of:

residual = 0.61 (best thats been posted)
    cap cost = 33,291 (best thats been posted)
    MF = 0.00235 (best thats been posted)

and I still come out to a monthly payment of $526

What am I missing here?
  • ben833ben833 Member Posts: 12
    Wow, sounds like a great deal. What dealership is that from?

I am going in for my first car negotiation this weekend. Any tips?
    Hey, I was quoted a 58% residual for IS250 AWD Non-nav 15k/36 ($35,069 MSRP).

In March it was 59%. How could it go down so much in 1 month? Is it possible to negotiate the residual up with Lexus?

Also, does anyone know the requirements of Tier 1+ credit? I found out from the dealer that Tier 1 entails an Experian Fico score of 700 or greater.
    residual = 0.61 (best thats been posted)
    cap cost = 33,291 (best thats been posted)
    MF = 0.00235 (best thats been posted)

and I still come out to a monthly payment of $526

I got $526 in my calculator as well. Without the 8.25% sales tax, I got $487. Perhaps this is your confusion?
    Good luck - this is only my second car, and my first lease, but I learned a TON, especially from this group. I would recommend knowing the exact MSRP and invoice price of the car you want (use many sources, KBB/Edmunds/NADA), take all that info with you, try to negotiate a price around $500-1000 above INVOICE (the dealer will try to come down from MSRP, to make it seem like a good deal). Most importantly don't hesitate to walk away. Come back another day. Wait until the last day of the month (dealers will be more likely to negotiate). Also, take a "best offer" price from one dealership, get it in writing, and go to another. Dealers will be quick to beat another dealer's price. Good luck! I love my IS250 - worth every penny.
    Yes, apparently the residual on the 2006 IS250 went from 59% as of March 31 to 58% on April 1. It made a big difference in the monthly payments of the car. Good luck trying to negotiate a higher residual - I believe this is something dealers aren't willing to change.

I have Tier 1+ credit, score > 800. I don't know what the cutoff is.
  • p996p996 Member Posts: 56
    What is the MF and residual for an IS350 in April?

Anyone buy and get a good deal from JM Lexus?
  • pnutzlaw1pnutzlaw1 Member Posts: 3
    New Jersey Dealership
    MSRP - $35,069
    Invoice - $31,303 (which includes $429 in Lexus national advertising fees - not too crazy about that)
    Cap Cost - $32,500
    Residual - 58% = $20,340
    Money Factor - .00245

This is for a 3 year/45,000 mile lease, $497/month with nothing down. First payment would be roughly $1,450, which is comprised of the first montly payment plus fees.

I have also been offered a deal in which I would put down a multiple security deposit of $4,050. I would get every penny of this amount back at the end of the lease, but my monthly lease payment would decrease over $50 to $445/month. This seems like it is too good to be true. $52/month in savings on $4K is a great rate of return. Is there something I'm missing? I'd appreciate anybody's thoughts on this deal. I'm thinking that I can get the cap cost to come down some more. They originally offered $33,000. The $32,500 was their second offer. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks!
  • is250driveris250driver Member Posts: 2
    This seems like a lot of money for monthly payments, especially with the down payment.

I leased an IS250 AWD for $525 a month.. it was actually $500 but I purchased wheel/tire insureance because of Michigan's wretched roads.

Anyway, I only paid $1295 at signing and that included the first month's payment, the rest were fees, etc...

12K miles a year.. The Sticker price was a bit of $35K and they bumped it down to a little over $33K.

I have Tier 1+ so my MF is relatively low.

But $659 sounds incredibly high for a 250AWD.. especially if they are making you do that big of an upfront payment.
  • yeungj1yeungj1 Member Posts: 5
    So much for holding out for an '07 ;)
    I stopped by Stevinson Lexus in Denver and emotions took over...so I ended up leasing a black/black 250 AWD today! The staff was great and they took great care of me. Anways, I think I did ok for my first lease.

3 yrs 18k miles
    MSRP $35,069
    Cap Cost $32,050
    Residual 58% $18,990
    Money factor .00265
    Monthly payment $495 + tax $22.78
    Drive off fees $1569 0 money down + 1st months payment

This was for the base model w/premium package. I got them to throw in window tint. I don't know how much better I could have done, but I'm pretty happy with the deal. Thanks to everyone for posting on this forum, I learned so much and probably saved thousands from reading your posts.
  • timecurvetimecurve Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

I'm thinking about leasing 250 RWD(MT) no Nav, and got couple of questions:

1. Is there a correlation (and what is it) between residual percentage and miles per year driven on the lease. Looking through the posts I see that people leasing with as high as 18k miles per year and still getting 58% residual.

2. Does anyone know if you can get 250 RWD (MT) w/o Nav, without any packages installed on it? Or there is always at least Premium installed on the car? Premium seems to be the most popular package. Is it worth the money? I looked at it , and it does not give you much really in my opinion.

3. And finally, it looks like dealers don't do deals on this model. Is it true? Are they not willing to negotiate at all? Sticker price is what you get?

Thanks in advance!

TC
  • from_flfrom_fl Member Posts: 113
    Hi:
    Does Lexus pay for tire replacement during your 3 years lease?

Thanks,
    No, tires are part of the normal wear and tear that the driver is responsible paying for.
  • from_flfrom_fl Member Posts: 113
    Perhaps you should add that to your total leasing cost..
    I250's 18 inch can cost more than 1K per set.
    The AWD only is available with 17" wheels. I tried having the dealership put the stock 18" wheels with summer tires, but no luck.
  • timecurvetimecurve Member Posts: 8
    Got a quote from Arlington Lexus in Palatine, IL:

IS250 RWD with MT + Premium Package
    $32064
    - $5500 trade in
    58% residual
    0.00265 MF
    36 mo
    15K miles
    Total: $399/mo (tax included)

Not sure if a few other fees are included like security deposit, aquisition fees, etc. This seems to be right on the money, same numbers pretty much that most lease calculators give on this values.

I was told that Base model without any package will be hard to get, up to 90 days waiting period. I also wanted 18in wheels, but looks like they only available for RWD AT or AWD trim. Strange...
  • cc12359cc12359 Member Posts: 31
    IS350, through Lexus
    3 yrs 36k miles
    MSRP $43909
    Cap Cost $40500
    Down :$1292
    Money factor .00195
    Monthly payment $571 + tax $49
    Residual $26500
    Hi riemu7. the highest mileage allowance that Lexus Financial Services publishes residual values for is 15,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Ernest. I would be happy to answer any questions that you have. Keep in mind though that Lexus' current lease program is only scheduled to run through June 30th. If you lease your new car after that date, its lease program will be different. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 250 2WD with an MSRP of $33,234 and a selling price of $33,234 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $522. You are correct, paying for your entire lease in advance reduces its money factor by .00100. If you chose to do this, your vehicle's monthly payment would drop to around $470, for a total advance payment of around $16,889 before tax.

The December to Remember sales event is an excellent time to lease a new Lexus. Over the past several years Lexus has offered very attractive money factors on its vehicles at the end of the year. If I was in the market for a new Lexus now, I certainly would not wait until then to get one. However, if I was considering a Lexus later on this year I probably would.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Don. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 350 through Lexus financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00255 and 58%, respectively. The money factor would be the same for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year, but the residual value would increase by 2%. The aforementioned money factor assumes that you qualify for LFS' Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Mario. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 250 2WD through Lexus Financial Services in most areas right now for 48 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00255 and 48%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The aforementioned money factor assumes that you qualify for LFS' Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi realtorgrl. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the Lexus IS right now, but you should be able to get a good idea of what sort of selling price you can negotiate for the car that you want by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Let's work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are considering and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 250 AWD with an MSRP of $35,690 and a selling price of $34,500 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $525. A $3,000 down payment would reduce this car's monthly payment to around $434. However, I normally advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. I do so because if your leased vehicle is totaled or stolen your down payment essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kgk3. Vehicles' residual values are set in stone and individual dealers do not have the authority to alter them. Vehicles' money factors are a little different. Dealers do not have the authority to lower banks' published buy rate lease money factors for vehicles. However, dealers often have the authority to "mark-up" vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. If you are going to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 350 through Lexus Financial Services right now, make sure to insist that the dealer uses its current buy rate of .00255 to calculate your car's lease payment. This factor assumes that you qualify for LFS' Tier 1+ credit tier. If you don't your factor will be a little higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new car, riemu7. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi p996. Lexus is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the IS 350. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier is .00255. This car's residual values vary depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. If you provide me with this information, I can tell you what its resid should be right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ben833. The residual value that you were quoted in April is only 1% lower than the one that you were quoted last month. A one percent drop in vehicles' residual values from month to month is fairly common. Unfortunately, banks will not negotiate vehicles' residual values. I am not sure of the exact credit score that is need to qualify for Lexus' Tier 1+ credit tier, but I suspect that it is around 730 or so.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.