Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
edited January 2014 in Lexus
Post your lease questions here!!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• david1973david1973 Member Posts: 23
    Does anyone have the residual value of the is250 (with premium and 18 inchers for a msrp of 33888) for a 10/12k mile lease? Has anyone asked about the details on Lexus MSD program? What about the 1Pay lease option?
  • lefty4lefty4 Member Posts: 6
    I like to know the residual and money factors for IS 250AWD for 24, 36 and 48 months leases at 15k, 18k, and 20k miles. Thank you.
  • cpabuckcpabuck Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to let everyone know what a great deal I just got at Wilde Lexus on an IS 350. I took the quote (which was $2000 of invoice) to all of the dealers in southwest Florida and none of them would even match it let alone beat it. I even knew a friend of one of the sales managers at one of the dealerships and he said to get the deal at Wilde if they had the car in stock. (He was a nice enough guy and at least he was honest.) Well they had a black on black without navi that I ended up getting. I even got them to sweeten the pot a little bit with free window tinting. The Internet sales person was awesome and everybody there took good care of a very satisfied customer. I live about 80 miles away so the business manager even gave me an extra 200 miles or so by starting off the beginning mileage on the paperwork at 300 miles instead of the 22 it had. I pick up the car tomorrow, can't wait! Well worth the hour drive, well 45 minutes when I drive that baby home.
  • s2krazies2krazie Member Posts: 3
    emadrigal could you tell me which dealer in FL you got this price from. I live in FL and am in the market for the same vehicle NAV wheels loaded with 15k a year. Id like to be able to go in with a bit of ammunition to get the negotiations rolling.

Thank you
  • cptabcptab Member Posts: 6
    Hi. Does anyone have an idea what a lease should be on an AWD IS 250, loaded w/ 18", nav, auto? (or a similarly equipped IS). I'm thinking of a 3year-ish lease w/ 15k miles. Thanks from N. VA.
  • eiji14eiji14 Member Posts: 8
    here's the deal i just got at rallye lexus in long island, ny on a black/black is350 with luxury package, 18's, nav, headlamp washers, parking assist and preferred accessory package:

MSRP $43589
    Selling price $40000
    36 months 12k mi/yr
    8.375% sales tax
    62% residual, .00245 money factor (qualified for tier 1 plus)
    $0 money down

$596 monthly payment

$816 due at signing (includes title, registration tire fee, inspection fee)

complimentary 5k and 10k services too...couldnt get them to throw in tints tho
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    eiji14, I think answered my question in the other forum. It looks like you put the tax in the payment which was the smart thing to do. It also looks like you didn't have to pay a bank fee. I guess Lexus Financial Services doesn't charge it anymore or waived it for you. $816 drive off with $596 monthly payment is a great deal.
  • is250is250 Member Posts: 2
    I just leased an IS 250 with $2,500 down, 18k miles per year, and $425/month with the 18' wheels and summer tires option. Did I get a good deal?
  • drivethegreendrivethegreen Member Posts: 11
    eiji,

I live in Chicago and drove the IS350 this week. I am trying to decide if a lease or purchase is better. One variable that I have not made a decision on regards tires. Like Long Island, we have winters in Chicago that would preclude the use of the curiously named "all season" tires from November through March.

If I lease, I have to buy a set of winter tires that will still have a lot of life on them when the lease expires. Would you mind sharing what you did (or are going to do) regarding tires?

Thanks.
  • dkaplan435dkaplan435 Member Posts: 23
    I purchased Blizzak LM25's from Woodfield Lexus. They mounted them on my existing wheels, and of course used the TPMS.

They also stored my summer tires, they'll put them on (for a fee I'm sure) when winter is over... but they'll store the winter tires for me as well.

I don't mind paying a bit extra for that type of service, and for the peace of mind in knowing that if they break my wheels or the TPMS they'll be responsible. I don't trust local tire shops to do that.

Dave
    Chicago
  • dcis250dcis250 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the midst of receiving delivery of an IS 250 AWD with Nav and Luxury Package. The dealer is offering a deal of .00265 for money factor and a residual of 59%. Deal is based on no money down with a monthly of approx. $700. It's supposed to be arriving 1/9-1/16 - dealing with McGrath Lexus in Westmont...Any feedback is appreciated.
  • uptempoballeruptempoballer Member Posts: 6
    How much is the MSRP and how much is your cap cost? its sounds really HIGH....
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Whats your term ?
    Whats your mileage allowment ?

For comparison though:
    Audi A4 2 year lease .00080 MF and 70% residual.
    BMW 325I 2 years .00250 MF and 77% residual.

So, sounds really high to me too..

DL
  • dll1dll1 Member Posts: 1
    this is in response to the person that got the 2500 down is 250 with 18k miles and payment of 425/month. is that with tax included in the monthly? that's awesome. where did you get that deal?
    dkaplan,

since i dont really get to drive that much (on my previous g35 coupe, i did about 12k miles in 18 months, or about 7k miles a year) i dont plan on investing $1-2k in a set of winter tires and rims.

my is350 has 18" summer tires just like my g35c did, so i just wont drive if there's snow on the ground. it wasnt a problem last winter (havent seen snow yet this season) at all, and nyc is usually pretty up to speed at plowing.

but if the is350 is gonna be ur daily driver, then i think a set of 17's with winter tires will be a good and safe investment.

hope that helps!
    the .00265 money factor sounds high to me -- but of course that depends on ur credit and the rate that u qualify for.

.00245 was tier 1 plus and .00255 tier 1 when i inked my deal end of december, so perhaps the rates have change for january.

i got a is350 with .00245, 62% residual, no money down -- for $596 a month. that's $104/mo lower than ur is250.
  • kipperm13kipperm13 Member Posts: 3
    I just got back form a Lexus Dealer.. I am looking at the is350 sport pkg with Nav. The offer was 580 a month for 36 months with 12K a month. Paying all Tax upfront. but with 0 down. I wanted to know if this was a good deal... The car will be ordered and won't be here untill late Feb. I just wanted to know what everyone thought.. Can I do better
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kipperm13. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • bigbwbbigbwb Member Posts: 12
    Hey everyone,

I will be in the market for the new IS 250 rwd sometime in the next 3-4 months. I currently drive a 2000 BMW 328CI and want to get something newer. My question is what would a real good lease price be on a 3 yr 15K mile lease with no money down? Also, if I were to purchase it, any idea on the monthly payment. I would get the base 250 with the manual and premium package only, nothing more. I also lease a 2006 Toyota 4runner, so leasing to me, is common. Does Lexus allow you to buy extra miles at $.10/mile from the beginning like toyota let me do on the 2006 4runner? Sorry for all the questions, I have never leased a Lexus, my family has always bought them.

Any suggestions would help.

Thank you,
    Brandon
  • tanginaparetanginapare Member Posts: 1
    hello car_man..

had a few questions for you. my current lease on my is300 is up next month..i did a one pay lease for my is300..my question to you is would it be a good idea to do another one pay lease on a new is250/350? i'm looking to put down 15k on the next one pay lease..

please let me know..

thanks!
  • karmitkarmit Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease an IS250 with luxury package. I spoke with a dealer in NJ (I am from NY so I would pay ny tax). The deal he gave me is this:
    $493.00 for 36mos 12K miles with $2953 due at signing which includes all taxes, and fees. Or, if I want to reduce my monthly payments more:
    $440.00 36 mos 12k with 4900 due at signing includes all fees and tax.
    Some questions: How much should I expect to pay if I want 15K miles instead?
    Also, I don't have any MSRP or other figures to work with. Can you tell me if this is a good deal or what information I need to get from dealer in order for you to advise if this is a good deal?
    He gave me these quotes but I dont know if I can do better, and how to negotiate. Any advise would be appreciated.
  • jimityjimity Member Posts: 10
    I'm looking at an IS350 with the luxury package. what are others being quoted or paying for a lease (24 month, 36 month or 39 month). I'm not having luck in the OC (Southern California) finding these in stock, but interested on what others are paying. Thanks!
  • kipperm13kipperm13 Member Posts: 3
    Well I made a post about a week or so. I am leasing a IS350 with Sport and Nav. I got another dealer to make a better deal with me form what I had. The deal is 36 months 12k for 543.00 a month. All I owe at singing is tax which in NY is 8% I am selling price of the car is 40,000 and its MSRP is 43,069 Just wanted to know if this is a good deal.
    sounds like the deal that i got, except u're paying taxes up front. i'm paying $596 a month with $0 down.
  • wazabiwazabi Member Posts: 4
    This will actually be my first purchase of a new car and I think the salesperson was giving me a run around. I wanted to see how the leasing option would be for an IS 350 with MSRP of about 45,250. It's pretty much for the fully loaded one. I hear people putting zero down and getting payments of about $580/month or so for a 36mth, 12k mile lease. Yet, she was quoting me if I put 5k down for 36month , 12k mileage, would cost me almost $673/month. What is she trying to pull and does this seem way too much?
  • mitch1988mitch1988 Member Posts: 3
    SOMEONE HELP PLEASE-I am going to lease a Lexis IS AWD w/ Nav. and luxury package. I have only been in the dealer 1 time and he quoted me the MSRP price of $39,919. I would like to put no money down but can afford to put down 2-3k if necessary, but the dealer is quoting me $659.00 a month w/ 12k miles and 2k down. I see other people paying much less w/ no money down. Is the car going for MSRP or do I have room to deal? If so How much do you think I should ask off? The car is not in stock and there is only 1 dealer in Columbus, Oh. Could someone please give me some HELP and GUIDANCE as to what type of price I should bring back to the dealer? MUCH THANKS!!!!
  • krs71krs71 Member Posts: 6
    That is way to much. I'm looking at the same car with nothing down, only fees, the lease should be around 400-450. It should never cross 500 bucks. Make sure the lease is constructed with the negotiated price - residual value. My dealership came down 2k on the vehicle to 37900, so minus residual value at 36 months / 12k per year, the value of the car should be 24743, so you should be paying finace charges on 13157 or so.....don't know if that helped. Right now he's quoting me 550, but with the math, it just doesn't make sense, so be prepared to fight, if not walk away, the real kicker here is the money factor is so high for these vehicles.
  • digital_bdigital_b Member Posts: 129
    also if you have proof of a prior lexus/toyota purchase you can get the lower 'loyalty' rate. this is directly from the lexus site and go to this link:

http://lexus.com/financial/leasing/available_programs.html

the text youre looking for is this:

Encore

This program rewards qualifying repeat Lexus Financial Services customers with lower monthly payments and a security deposit waiver. You can also combine the benefits of Encore with other programs' features.

try this too:

http://lexus.com/home/search.html

for this result:

INCENTIVES Lexus Loyalty/Encore for Toyota Owners
    Does a customer who has previously owned a Lexus/Toyota vehicle qualify for the Loyalty or Encore Program if they wish to purchase or lease a Lexus?

This program rewards qualifying repeat Lexus Financial Services customers with lower monthly payments and a security deposit waiver. You can also combine the benefits of Encore with other programs' features. Please refer to your local Lexus dealer or the Financial Services section within lexus.com for additional information.

hope this helps
    $673/month doesnt seem all that off on 45k msrp plus taxes. the selling price, money factor, and residual used in the monthly payment calculation are all part of the formula. sounds like u're not getting anything off the msrp to begin with?
    Hi Brandon. This car's lease payment will depend upon the MSRP and selling price of the one that you are interested in (as you want it equipped). I would be happy to give you an idea of what this car's lease payment should be like if you provide me with these numbers. You can find this car's MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for one right now by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Lexus Financial Services does allow lessees to purchase additional miles at lease signing at a discount to what you would have to pay for them at lease-end, but I don't know what its exact charge per mile is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tanginapare. One pay leases are a good idea if you feel as though the amount that you reduce your lease payment by is more than the interest or income that you would receive from investing the money that you laid out. Lexus Financial Services reduces vehicles' lease money factors by .00100 for advance pay leases. If you provide me with the full MSRP and selling price of the car that you are interested in are, I can tell you what your lease payment would be with and without paying your entire lease in advance (I know that you wouldn't technically have a payment with an advance pay lease - but we can compare the total cost of your lease).

Car_man
    Host
    Hello karmit. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in using Lexus' actual lease program and 15,000 miles per year for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wazabi. Let me begin by saying that you definitely don't want to put $5,000 down on the car that you are considering leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Lexus IS would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

I'd be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect to pay on this car right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to give me an MSRP and approximate selling price for the exact model that you want. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mitch1988. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but I suspect that you should be able to get one for less than full MSRP. One factor that you have working against you though is the lack of competition in your area. Stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea of how much you should pay, let me know and I will use Lexus' actual lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be like on this car for you.

Car_man
    Host
    what is the money factor for tier 1 on a lease on the IS? and what is the loyalty discount on the lease terms in reality?
  • lv1lv1 Member Posts: 4
    hey guys,iam reading a lot of stuff but no specifics.this is real deal for today

1400 out pocket incl 1st mo,reg nj full lease term,doc fee etd
    450 incl tax for 30 mo.

this is is250 w/premium
  • bewitzbewitz Member Posts: 10
    MSRP $44,929; discount $2,700; total fees $849; adjusted cap cost $43,078; money factor 0.00235; residual 61% ($27,407); out of pocket 1st month's payment + sales tax (Texas 6.25%). 36 months/36K miles, payment = $600/month.

Other than Texas sales tax is a whopper, how would you evaluate?
    you should pay those fees up front and get a lower monthly like I did. I dont have ML but did get XM for free for a cost of 41539 and I will put 2k down for 48 months 12k miles per year for 547 a month. woulf be 570 for 36/36
  • thshadowthshadow Member Posts: 1
    I was looking into leasing an IS250 AWD. I had thought that a 1-pay would eliminate interest charges, but I eventually realized that the residual still needed to be financed.

Are there any current promotions for leasing? I'd consider anywhere from 2 - 4 years if there was a good deal... For a 3 year lease, I think 12k miles, I was quoted a 61% residual, and a .00175 MF for a 1pay, and .00255 MF for a normal lease. Did I read somewhere that the MF should instead go down by .001 for a 1 pay?

I had 1 dealer say that LFS has a special for a 30 month lease, someone else say a special for a 42 month lease, and someone else say that LFS only did 36/48 month leases... :mad:

Does LFS do a 30 month lease? Does anyone know the residual/MF?

Thanks!
    Hi digital_b. Lexus is not currently providing any sort of lease support on the 2006 IS. As a result, if you were to lease one through Lexus Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time that I saw it, LFS' buy rate standard lease money factor for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier (Tier 1+) was .00265. I've heard that it provides a slight reduction in this factor for loyal customers, but I do not know exactly what it is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bewitz. Sales tax on leases in Texas definitely is brutal. A base 2006 IS 350 has a surprisingly large spread of $4,250 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. The discount that you are being given is decent, especially on a fairly new car like this, but there is still $1,500 to play with there. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Lexus IS 250/IS 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car look good to me.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right. While one would initially think that pre-paying a lease would eliminate the need to pay interest, the bank that you are leasing through has to pay for your entire car, not just the portion that you are using during your lease. As a result, banks still charge interest on one pay leases. They do usually provide a discount in the money factor that they charge though. Specifically, Lexus Financial Services reduces vehicles' money factors by .00100 for pre-paid leases.

LFS does lease vehicles for 30 months, wit I was not aware that it is currently providing any sort of lease support on the '06 IS. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Lexus IS 250 AWD through LFS right now for 30 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00265 (.00165 for an advance pay lease) and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    they gave me .00275 initially and then .00265 for being a repeat customer. they also verified that I am tier 1. what is the cutoff got 1, 1+? anyway it comes to 6 bucks a month less.
  • sgendelsgendel Member Posts: 4
    I was told by the dealer that the 250 is around $38,000 (in NJ) and he can get me into a 250 w/Nav AWD for $6500 down, 39 month lease, 15K miles for $399.

Is this a good deal? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I will be turning in an IS 300 manual, that is coming to the end of a 3 year lease with 40K miles.

Thanks for your help.
  • scott31scott31 Member Posts: 292
    Never EVER put money down on a lease.
  • sgendelsgendel Member Posts: 4
    So how do I get a lease on this car for $399 or less, 3 year term with 15K miles per year?
  • gimlys4gimlys4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm considering a lease on an IS350 through a leasing agent. There is an 06 IS350 with Nav, ML, Luxury Pkg, MSRP 44,449 available locally from a dealer. The leasing agent is telling me he can get it directly from this dealership for MSRP best he can do. I am interested in the vehicle and know they're hard to get now, so it doesn't seem completely unreasonable to pay MSRP to me. However, the residual's he's giving me on the car, with a trade with negative equity is as follows: negative equity 6100, bank acq, fee 895, sales tax 2778, less cap reduction for roughly a 53,300 net cap cost--residuals and rates: 36 = 21,684 residual and .00203 rate factor, 42 = 20,433 and .00203, 48 = 18,348 and .00187. Using these numbers, he's come up with a best deal payment of $933 for a 42mo 12k lease. I'm not willing to pay this much but might consider a longer lease, however these residuals seem really low. What do you think? Thanks!
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    Hello everyone

just wondering if i could get some info on an is250 awd with an msrp of 37,229

12k 36 month lease through lexus financial

could you tell me the MF and residual pleasE??

thanks alot!
  • jaypolostlsjaypolostls Member Posts: 14
    hello, I would like to know what are the current money factors and 36-42 mo. residuals for an is350 w/sport package and an msrp of 39,725. I'm also a previous lexus purchaser, with an '02 is 300 and an '02 rx 300. Is it possible to get the customer loyalty rates?
    thanks
  • riemu7riemu7 Member Posts: 13
    I'm really interested in leasing the IS 250 AWD, standard features, however right now my salesperson admitted not to be negotiating at this time. She quoted me an outrageous $590/month, 15k, 36 months, for a $35,000 2006 IS AWD, zero down.

What are some more realistic offers that people have been getting?

I guess I might just have to wait until the end of the model year... :-(
This discussion has been closed.