Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You should contact a dealer and get some pricing, then bring it here for feedback. The way IS350's lease though (real bad), expect a number in the $600's
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • ravensfan2ravensfan2 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, I recently received a price quote from an internet sales manager for a 09 AWD IS250 w/ navigation and the luxury package for a 3yr lease with 12K miles a year for $425 a month, but i have to put $7K down. Is this a good price
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    I'll give you a few pieces of information to compare.

This month a CT dealer quoted us $469 per month including CT sales tax which is 6% with total drive off of $2000. I believe this is an invoice deal + the CT doc fee of $299.

Yesterday a NY dealer quoted us $2995 drive off with payments $450 including CT sales tax in the monthly payment as well.

Leases were 36 months, 12,000 miles allowed. Vehicle MSRP for an 09' is $40,640ish, includes Nav, premium, rear spoiler.

I actually believe these are slightly worst than last year. A year ago this month we were quoted $459 per month with $1400 total out of pocket at inception same parameters as above, so roughly $960 cheaper a year ago. Granted the vehicle selling price increased by roughly $400 from 08', I'm assuming the destination charge also increased slightly as well compared to the 08's

With this said I match your down payment with mine above and estimate roughly $30 per thousand back into the payment, your month comes out to $555. Looks like they are selling the vehicle for roughly $3K over invoice which is too high.

I'm not plugging any numbers into lease calculators, simply estimated based on what numbers I've received.

Ask the dealer what they are selling you the car relative to invoice.
  • lexgirl1lexgirl1 Member Posts: 4
    A few questions if anyone can help. First - acquisition and processing fees as well as distribution fee of 800+. The dealer says these must be included - why do I feel there is a profit there.

I live in MD - Audi will give me a fairly good deal - $410 for a premium car with a few amenities.... But 3k down taxes, tags and acq fees.
    Lexus on the other hand is high.
    MSRP - $36,400 - Cap cost - $32750 - 3k down (assume taxetags and acq fee). They add 1002 back in (they say fees). So Adj cap cost is 33k.
    Money factor is .00135 / residual low at 52% (audi at 57%). Both 36 month leases.
    Audi - 410
    Lexus 468
    Lexus says they can possibly bring it down $8 per month. Where is lexus trying to get me and how low do you think I can bring it down.

I prefer Lexus - but will not be able to justify it at that price...

Thanks if anyone can help me here (carman, fingers crossed)!!
  • dmoeller17dmoeller17 Member Posts: 13
    Got an offer for '09 is250 rwd with the FL, HL, NV, PT, LR options plus (cargo mat, wheel locks, and cargo net)

(12k miles per yr, 36 month yr lease)

msrp 38920
    selling price 34000
    mf .002
    residual 55%
    zero down

the numbers look right? 33923 is what the invoice looks like, so is 34K a good selling price?

thanks
  • eddie55eddie55 Member Posts: 3
    Just got quoted:
    2009 Lexus IS 250 – 36 months/10,000 miles per year

$429.99 a month incl tax

$1500 total drive off ( incls first month payment, tax and license)

No navigation. Very basic.

Can anyone please tell me if I can do better in California?

Thanks everyone.
    Car_man,
    Is there a dealer cash allowance for an IS250 lease? Is it the same as the RX?
    Also can you tell me the standard is250 MFs and residuals for above average credit on a three year lease (10k and 12k).

THANKS!
  • geronimo25geronimo25 Member Posts: 2
    Granted, I haven't actually gone down to the dealer to check out the offer myself, but in metro NYC area, they are offering the basic IS 250 AWD for $329/month, 2.5K cap reduction and 10k miles per year.

Granted, there may be all sorts of hidden fees, but I can't seem to work out how Lexus is getting to that number without drastically changing their resid.
    Thanks for the info geronimo25,
    Are you planning on looking into that offer because I'd love to hear more.
    What dealership have you heard that from?
  • nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    My local Lexus is offering

MSRP at 35,000

329 a month for 36 months

3,500 down

for IS 250 AWD

sounds good or not?
  • lexgirl1lexgirl1 Member Posts: 4
    this is an amazing deal - can you share the details and what state?
    it is 4000 less than I was offered two days ago (that is annoying to me)....
  • geronimo25geronimo25 Member Posts: 2
    Prestige Lexus

http://www.prestigelexus.com/AboutSpecials

Lexus of Manhattan and Queens are also offering the same deal. So sounds like a factory sponsored deal to me.

http://www.lexusofmanhattan.com/MiscPage_6
  • nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    In New Jersey at Lawercence Lexus central Jersey by Princeton
  • leeinlaleeinla Member Posts: 14
    I am in the Southern CA area. Looking to lease an 09 model with 12K a year for 3 yrs? I know the lexus website states you got to put $2999 down. Any good deals in the southern ca area? NAV is a must. What are people leasing this car for with the following options? Also, what are people paying for the car cash?

Thanks,

leeinla
    '09 is250 rwd with the FL, HL, NV, PT, LR options plus (cargo mat, wheel locks, and cargo net)

(12k miles per yr, 36 month yr lease)

msrp 38920
    selling price 34000
    mf .002
    residual 55%

that is a deal i was quoted from a houston dealer, i think the mf can be .0015 with Tier 1 credit, this was a Tier 2 credit quote. I've seen on here this car and option packages sell for 32.5K - 33.5K, that what im trying to shoot for.
  • happyyikhappyyik Member Posts: 5
    I just got a fully loaded IS 250, sapphire blue with HID 36month lease. 12K mile/month. 0 down with $500/month in CA.
  • happyyikhappyyik Member Posts: 5
    is sapphire blue a pretty rare color?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi eddie55. Lexus is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on the 2008 IS 250, but no dealer cash on the 2009 model.

Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 IS 250 2WD with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

LFS' numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 IS 250 are .00100 and 55% (12k).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dmb2427dmb2427 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Guys I am going to be picking my car up tomorrow and this is what I got.
    09 IS250AWD pretty much loaded
    Headlamp washers
    Luxury Package
    Navigation
    Park Assist
    Premium package
    All weather mats
    Rear Spoiler
    Accessory package

MSRP $41408
    sale Price$37300

I am goin to lease with 10k a year, I know it is low but I have a company car that I can drive as well.

Payments are $478 for 48 months w/ $1578 down or $517 for 36 months w/ $1617down
    Money factor of .00115

What are everyones thoughts?
  • PrettyshellsPrettyshells Member Posts: 2
    I just drove off the lot having leased a new 2009 IS250 in obsidian with navigation, 18" alloy wheels, premium package, preferred accessory package, and rear lip spoiler.

MSRP 38045
    CAP cost 34230
    Residual 55% at 20924.75
    36 months, 12,000 miles
    Money Factor .0010
    Payment - $458

Transaction was done at Superstition Springs Lexus in Mesa, Arizona.

Happy new year to me!
  • drseifdrseif Member Posts: 8
    Wondered if this is a good deal or not. Seems to be some confusion at dealership as to whether December to Remember ends 1/2/09 or 1/5/09. This is a 3-yr lease with 10K/year and in Cincinnati, OH. No special package other than wood grain

09 IS 250 AWD
    MSRP $36,329
    Selling price $33,508+acq fee of $700=$34,208
    Residual = 56%
    Gross Residual=$20,344
    Money Factor=.00111
    Lease payment ($0 down) = $476
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 200
    Car_man,

I'm curious to get an idea of Lexus Financial Services January leasing terms on a 2009 IS250 AWD. I'm not sure if the options affect the leasing terms but I'd be getting it with the Navigation System/Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package, Lexus Pre-Collision System w/Dynamic Cruise Control, Luxury Plus Package and Premium Plus Package.

Could you please provide me the residual percentage and the money factor for the following lease lengths/mileage assuming tier 1+ credit.

1) 36 month, 10K miles/year
    2) 39 month, 10K miles/year
    3) 36 month, 12K miles/year
    4) 39 month, 12K miles/year

Thanks.

Sam
    Congratulations on getting your new IS, Prettyshells. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like, you can stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent experience at Superstition Springs Lexus as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Sam. Here are the details of the January lease program for you. If you were to lease a 2009 Lexus IS 250 AWD through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00140 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00140 and 47%.

These money factors assume that you qualify for LFS' top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values will likely be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow Car_man, those residual percentages are really low compared to the Infiniti G37 sedan. They sound like they would be the residuals for the 2008 model instead of the 2009 model.
    Hey Sam. I just double checked the resids that I posted and they're right. LFS' 36 month resid for the '09 IS 250 AWD dropped by 3% between December and January. The residual for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 model is 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, that's crazy. The 2009s just came out and they've already dropped the residuals by 3%?! Lexus must be seeing the resale value of IS 250s fall like a rock. So would you agree that it will probably be a lot cheaper to lease an Infiniti G37x over an IS 250 AWD?
  • tl9999tl9999 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

So Lexus is offering (i think only for east coast dealers) the IS250 AWD for $399/month for 36 months with no cap reduction. Plus, they're waiving bank fees and will make your first month's payment, meaning all you have to pay down is title/registration/license.

Seems to be a stupid question, but is this a good deal?
  • cpa3cpa3 Member Posts: 89
    tl9999

Its a better deal than they are offering on the west coast. The advertised deal in California is $369/month, 36 months, 10K miles, $3499 due at signing...

I think you can do better than both of these deals. I always say if this is the deal they will sell to anyone at then I can always do better.

I would like to get the NY deal only with Navi and 15K miles per year...Then I would buy...
  • davef1nissandavef1nissan Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone have the exact details of the 399/mo IS250 AWD lease? MSRP? Terms and conditions? College Grad incentives?
  • lilspitfirelilspitfire Member Posts: 2
    Hello and thanks for this info...

What specific dealers offer this and how do I verify this info as I didn't see it posted on their incentives? Thanks again for any info you may have as I plan to go out tomorrow to test drive....
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    I pulled this from a local dealer's website in CT.

MSRP- $35,820, 36 month, 10,000 miles per year, 0 cap cost reduction, expires 2/2/09.

One site references the waived first month but not the details above, this just gives MSRP.
  • tl9999tl9999 Member Posts: 2
    I called and they described it as a sign and drive deal... IS250 AWD 399/month, 0 cap cost reduction, they waive your first month and acquisition fee... so out of pocket is just license/registration of around 700 dollars... sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Oh, and the guy did specifically say that he has room to play with on those numbers.

And I don't know what dealerships are participating, but the one closest to me is (warnock lexus... www.warnocklexus.com)
    Car Man - Is it true you must live in the region offering these lease specials? I live in a neighboring state which has a much better deal than my region but was told since I do not reside there, I cannot get the deal. Is this true?
    I know there can be issues leasing across state lines. Back in August I had two very good deals for a TL and a G35 from dealers in California. Infiniti Finance had no problem doing it, they would issue a temp transfer plate for me to drive it back to AZ where I could pay AZ registration. Acura finance would not do it, I had to have a CA address and pay CA registration fees.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    are those numbers the same for the is250 (non AWD)?
  • lilspitfirelilspitfire Member Posts: 2
    Could you give me the name of the dealer ship and the address of the place that you called about this? I would like to call to inquire about this asap....

Thanks so much....
  • DTOMDTOM Member Posts: 6
    Thanks to all for the information posted here. This is the deal I got today in Northern CA:

IS250 Luxury Package. 36 month 10K lease.

Gross capitalization cost:
    $30500 + $700 acquisition fee = $31200
    Residual value = $18126
    Rent charge: $2397.36

Payment base $429.76

$803.97 out the door for first month's payment plus smog, title, reg etc.
    Our FICO score are (or were!) 750+
    Hey Sam. I haven't crunched any numbers, but the G37 AWD's residual values are certainly a lot better than the IS 250 AWD's are.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi davef1nissan. the $399 per month lease that Lexus is advertising on the 2009 IS 250 AWD for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '09 IS 250 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier.

I believe that the car that is being advertised has an MSRP of $35,820.

I am not aware of any special incentives for recent college graduates on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drseif. Out of curiosity, what state are you in and where is the better program available? What you were told is correct, the incentives that consumers are eligible for are usually based upon where they live...not where the dealership is located.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new IS, DTOM. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you'd like, you can also stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Will post dealer reviews on the two we dealt with. I love that forums like this empower the consumer by making experiences available to all to read.

I neglected our MF: 0.00135.

The dealer is offering a $1000 "tiers for life program" on the vehicle on the condition that it is serviced with them. This looks tempting as the IS250 tires have a < 20K life. Any thoughts on these programs? It is clear the big benefit of the dealer is keeping you coming to him. The risk for the consumer is moving away from the area. The program also does not transfer with a new owner.
    I live in Cincinnati, OH. The better lease deal was along the East Coast and as close to me as West Virginia. These were through LFS and as advertised on the dealer websites.
  • sharp9sharp9 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man. Are the current lease rates for 09 IS250 (non AWD) available? Looking for 36 months and 15k miles.
    Thanks. c
    Thanks DTOM. That money factor is right in line with LFS' buy rate for this model.

Are you saying that the dealer is offering you free tires for life if you have all of your service performed there. That's a great deal if if only involves getting oil changes...however if it forces you to have all sorts of other worthless service done on your leased vehicle (which I suspect it does) then I would probably pass if I was offered it.

Car_man
    Host
    They sure are, sharp9. Here you go. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 IS 250 2WD with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    The tire plan costs $1000, which is about the cost of one set of tires on the car.

It just specified that you have your manufacture's recommend services as specified in the manual carried out at the appropriate intervals with them. I asked the dealer why they sell this package:

1) It can be hard to sell a IS250 with the tire life.
    2) It retains customers with that particular dealership. He want my service business and for me to purchase my next car from him.

I'm going to ask for a copy of the contract one would sign, not just the pamphlet to see if there are some gotchas in there. What if I move out of state etc.
    Don't get an IS with the 18" summer tires and your expense will be lower, and your tire life will be higher. I wish I had done that when I leased my wife's. FYI I got about 22,000 miles on the fronts and 25,000 on the rears or vice verse, I don't really remember. I'm in Arizona, a place that is very hard on tires.

It was about $900 to replace them at Discount Tire. If you are going to lease the car figure one tire change, maybe two. $1000 for the tire plan, plus the requirement to do all regular maintenance at the dealer sounds like a major rip off.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • gardner5236gardner5236 Member Posts: 20
    I've wanted the Lexus IS250 from the time it came out. I'm reminded of it everytime I see one on the road, which is very often to be honest, and I think I'm reaching my breaking point. There's no way that I could afford a $600 to $700 dollar monthly payment so, financing is out of the question. What about leasing? I know I would have to give it back at the end of my lease, but at least I will be able to drive it for a few years. What about financing the residual? That would be about 9 years of payments. Maybe I should just suck it up and finance for 6 years. What can I say, I've had the Lexus IS250 itch since 2006. Are there any hidden fees if I decide to finance the residual? I weclome all comments and constructive criticism. I would have to get the AWD because I live in Pa. Thanks in advance to everyone.
This discussion has been closed.