Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• Purchase option of 13536? thats only 37.5%. if you do a 15000 lease you should be able to have a 44% residual.

MF should be .0009

I dont know how many they have on their lots.. but IS250AWDs seem to be abundant here in Columbus. Call around and tell them you got an offer for $475 a month and see if someone matches that in the area.

But if that is $500 with just a 38% residual, then they must be heavily discounting the car, by something like $2800 before aquisition fees.

just remember you will be well out of warranty by lease end.
  • I am looking at a 2009 IS250AWD with nav. and premium package an MSRP $40643. The dealer is willing to go as low as $36604. With a total due of $4452.52 which includes monthly payment, title tax tags, and $3250 down. The money factor is .00105 and a residual of $22760. Is $399/month for 10/miles a good deal?
  • 399/mo is accurate for the numbers you gave. whether or not its a good deal depends on if you think 36600 is worth it for the car. seems like its probably within $1000 of invoice so not bad... money factor is decent. is 10,000 miles enough for you? im assuming this is 36 months. also, i wouldnt put the money down. your interest rate is 2.52% on that lease... keep the $3250, put it in an investment account and pay higher monthly payments. in the end you will pay about the same, or make some off your investment.. and you dont risk losing the 3250 if you total the car. spreading the $3250 over 3 years is better than giving it up front for a lower payment.... you arent saving anything over paying higher monthly payments.

You will pay $18307 over 3 years if you do it this way.

you will pay $18438 over 3 years with a payment of $499... but you make $282 over the 3 years with the $3250 invested @ 5% interest (calculated including a monthly withdrawal of $91... or $3250/36months)... so you will come out AHEAD by not putting a down payment. so there is NO NO NO reason to put a down payment on this car. keep the $3250 and spread that out over 3 years instead of giving out a lump sum up front. it will be easier on the wallet now and after 3 years.
  • thanks for that input. what are your thoughts on an 08 MSRP $41220 dealer is going down to $35402 with 2.9% finance to buy over 60months
  • for an 08 you should be able to get it at or below invoice... 35402 seems close to $400 below invoice but you can check kbb.com or here to find out what the invoice should really be. i dont know if lexus has financing specials but 2.9% isnt too bad these days. i think if you are purchasing you should be able to get $1000 under invoice this late in the year.

I leased an 08 IS350 for the equivalent of about 400 under invoice. then again a 250 AWD might be selling better than an is350 these days. call around, make an offer, if they say no then leave your name and number and move on the the next dealer.

do it by phone, its way faster. just ask what they have, if they have a car you like then ask for the options it has and tell them you will call them back. look up the invoice for that vehicle on edmunds.com or kbb.com (kbb sometimes has more of the options listed than edmunds), and see what the invoice comes out to. make sure to include ALL options and the destination charge, and the LVA fee some add in. then call back with your offer of $1000 below invoice.
  • well i heard back from that dealer and they arent budging on the 08 price eventho it was the test drive car they have with 500miles on it. However i just got a call from another dealer that they have an 09 AWD with nav, prem, luxury package and some extras for MSRP $41408 and sale price of $37370 monthly payment of $517 with $1631 for tax title tags or $477 with $1592. Seems like this is the best so far, do you know what Invoice is on this car?
  • Hi, I'm looking for an IS250 AWD w/ Navigation in the Philly area and this is what i've been quoted by dealers so far:

Dealer 1
    2009 Lexus IS 250
    Options: HID headlamps, navigation, premium plus package, & preferred acc. pack.
    Color: Red
    MSRP $39,795.00
    Our Internet Price is: $36,126.00

I have received other prices from dealers with Navigation + Premium package for $35.9K and $36.9K..What price should I be aiming for? I will be leasing
  • Hi train2. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 IS 250 2WD with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Congratulations on getting your new IS 350, khan95osu. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking for monthly payments for an 09 IS 350 with a 3yr lease with 12K.
  • You should contact a dealer and get some pricing, then bring it here for feedback. The way IS350's lease though (real bad), expect a number in the $600's
  • Ok, I recently received a price quote from an internet sales manager for a 09 AWD IS250 w/ navigation and the luxury package for a 3yr lease with 12K miles a year for $425 a month, but i have to put $7K down. Is this a good price
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    I'll give you a few pieces of information to compare.

This month a CT dealer quoted us $469 per month including CT sales tax which is 6% with total drive off of $2000. I believe this is an invoice deal + the CT doc fee of $299.

Yesterday a NY dealer quoted us $2995 drive off with payments $450 including CT sales tax in the monthly payment as well.

Leases were 36 months, 12,000 miles allowed. Vehicle MSRP for an 09' is $40,640ish, includes Nav, premium, rear spoiler.

I actually believe these are slightly worst than last year. A year ago this month we were quoted $459 per month with $1400 total out of pocket at inception same parameters as above, so roughly $960 cheaper a year ago. Granted the vehicle selling price increased by roughly $400 from 08', I'm assuming the destination charge also increased slightly as well compared to the 08's

With this said I match your down payment with mine above and estimate roughly $30 per thousand back into the payment, your month comes out to $555. Looks like they are selling the vehicle for roughly $3K over invoice which is too high.

I'm not plugging any numbers into lease calculators, simply estimated based on what numbers I've received.

Ask the dealer what they are selling you the car relative to invoice.
  • A few questions if anyone can help. First - acquisition and processing fees as well as distribution fee of 800+. The dealer says these must be included - why do I feel there is a profit there.

I live in MD - Audi will give me a fairly good deal - $410 for a premium car with a few amenities.... But 3k down taxes, tags and acq fees.
    Lexus on the other hand is high.
    MSRP - $36,400 - Cap cost - $32750 - 3k down (assume taxetags and acq fee). They add 1002 back in (they say fees). So Adj cap cost is 33k.
    Money factor is .00135 / residual low at 52% (audi at 57%). Both 36 month leases.
    Audi - 410
    Lexus 468
    Lexus says they can possibly bring it down $8 per month. Where is lexus trying to get me and how low do you think I can bring it down.

I prefer Lexus - but will not be able to justify it at that price...

Thanks if anyone can help me here (carman, fingers crossed)!!
  • Got an offer for '09 is250 rwd with the FL, HL, NV, PT, LR options plus (cargo mat, wheel locks, and cargo net)

(12k miles per yr, 36 month yr lease)

msrp 38920
    selling price 34000
    mf .002
    residual 55%
    zero down

the numbers look right? 33923 is what the invoice looks like, so is 34K a good selling price?

thanks
  • Just got quoted:
    2009 Lexus IS 250 – 36 months/10,000 miles per year

$429.99 a month incl tax

$1500 total drive off ( incls first month payment, tax and license)

No navigation. Very basic.

Can anyone please tell me if I can do better in California?

Thanks everyone.
  • Car_man,
    Is there a dealer cash allowance for an IS250 lease? Is it the same as the RX?
    Also can you tell me the standard is250 MFs and residuals for above average credit on a three year lease (10k and 12k).

THANKS!
  • Granted, I haven't actually gone down to the dealer to check out the offer myself, but in metro NYC area, they are offering the basic IS 250 AWD for $329/month, 2.5K cap reduction and 10k miles per year.

Granted, there may be all sorts of hidden fees, but I can't seem to work out how Lexus is getting to that number without drastically changing their resid.
  • Thanks for the info geronimo25,
    Are you planning on looking into that offer because I'd love to hear more.
    What dealership have you heard that from?
  • My local Lexus is offering

MSRP at 35,000

329 a month for 36 months

3,500 down

for IS 250 AWD

sounds good or not?
  • this is an amazing deal - can you share the details and what state?
    it is 4000 less than I was offered two days ago (that is annoying to me)....
  • Prestige Lexus

http://www.prestigelexus.com/AboutSpecials

Lexus of Manhattan and Queens are also offering the same deal. So sounds like a factory sponsored deal to me.

http://www.lexusofmanhattan.com/MiscPage_6
  • In New Jersey at Lawercence Lexus central Jersey by Princeton
  • I am in the Southern CA area. Looking to lease an 09 model with 12K a year for 3 yrs? I know the lexus website states you got to put $2999 down. Any good deals in the southern ca area? NAV is a must. What are people leasing this car for with the following options? Also, what are people paying for the car cash?

Thanks,

leeinla
  • '09 is250 rwd with the FL, HL, NV, PT, LR options plus (cargo mat, wheel locks, and cargo net)

(12k miles per yr, 36 month yr lease)

msrp 38920
    selling price 34000
    mf .002
    residual 55%

that is a deal i was quoted from a houston dealer, i think the mf can be .0015 with Tier 1 credit, this was a Tier 2 credit quote. I've seen on here this car and option packages sell for 32.5K - 33.5K, that what im trying to shoot for.
  • I just got a fully loaded IS 250, sapphire blue with HID 36month lease. 12K mile/month. 0 down with $500/month in CA.
  • is sapphire blue a pretty rare color?
  • Hi eddie55. Lexus is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on the 2008 IS 250, but no dealer cash on the 2009 model.

Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 IS 250 2WD with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

LFS' numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 IS 250 are .00100 and 55% (12k).

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Guys I am going to be picking my car up tomorrow and this is what I got.
    09 IS250AWD pretty much loaded
    Headlamp washers
    Luxury Package
    Navigation
    Park Assist
    Premium package
    All weather mats
    Rear Spoiler
    Accessory package

MSRP $41408
    sale Price$37300

I am goin to lease with 10k a year, I know it is low but I have a company car that I can drive as well.

Payments are $478 for 48 months w/ $1578 down or $517 for 36 months w/ $1617down
    Money factor of .00115

What are everyones thoughts?
  • I just drove off the lot having leased a new 2009 IS250 in obsidian with navigation, 18" alloy wheels, premium package, preferred accessory package, and rear lip spoiler.

MSRP 38045
    CAP cost 34230
    Residual 55% at 20924.75
    36 months, 12,000 miles
    Money Factor .0010
    Payment - $458

Transaction was done at Superstition Springs Lexus in Mesa, Arizona.

Happy new year to me!
This discussion has been closed.