Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan

carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
edited September 2014 in Honda
Does anybody have any early photo leaks for the exterior style of the 08 Accord or any other news of the 08 accord? Any info would be helpful.

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    It would have been posted without waiting for you to ask about it if it were available.
  • 03accordman03accordman Member Posts: 671
    I think it is way, way too early for any news on the 08 Accord. Honda is usually very tight lippes about its launches and I expect the same this time around.
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    It's much too early for pictures (maybe by the end of the year), but here are a few possibilities.

- new V6 engine with timing chain
    - Sportshift (gated shifter) *
    - MP3/WMA compatibility standard *
    - Projector HID headlights (EX) *
    - HandsFree Link/bluetooth (EX) *
    - NavTraffic on Navi-equipped Accords

* Available on the 2007 Camry ;)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    You'll be lucky to have any information in 18 months, much less anytime this year. Try again next year.
    You indicated projector HID headlights on the 2007 Camry as fact when that is only speculation by people posting in forums.
    HIDs are still very expensive and will push the price to an uncompetitive price point.
    The MSRP of a 2006 Accord Hybrid without nav is already at over $30K without HIDs.
    If you add more and more features to the Accord than only a TL has now, the prices get too close to each other and Acura has little to differentiate between the two cars other than styling.
    I forgot a couple of other "confirmed" features on the 2007 Camry: 6-speed automatic and keyless start/stop (SE/XLE V6).

As for HIDs, that's the only feature that hasn't been "confirmed" yet. It's just speculation based on the Avalon being built at the same plant, projector headlights (which also can be halogen for lower-end models) and the trend of HIDs as a safety feature along with bluetooth hands-free solutions. At least according to the brochures. ;)

If you add more and more features to the Accord than only a TL has now, the prices get too close to each other and Acura has little to differentiate between the two cars other than styling.

I've heard that argument before, but I don't think it's valid. Keep in mind that most Accords and Camrys that will come off the line in the coming years won't have features like HIDs and bluetooth. Honda and Toyota will introduce new features exclusive to the Acura/Lexus line.

Alot of people in this country are still brand conscious, although the Acura name doesn't carry nearly as much weight with people as the Lexus name. In fact, some Acura owners wish the Honda emblem was on their vehicle. Acura and Lexus models will always have a better warranty as well. In some cases, you may be better off paying $2-4K more for a Acura or Lexus.
    Blinding oncoming traffic is not a safety feature. That negates "safety" benefits of the brighter light.
    HIDs are still very expensive and are mostly a display of "bling" since they know other people know they are expensive and they like the unusual bluish white look versus yellowish white look of standard headlights. That is part of the appeal of having them mostly on luxury and near luxury cars and SUVs.

"When people see me coming at night, they are going to assume I'm driving a very expensive car! How cool for me!"

90% of buyers get them because they "just like the way they look."
  • bklynguybklynguy Member Posts: 275
    "When people see me coming at night, they are going to assume I'm driving a very expensive car! How cool for me!"

Some people will be surprised when they find out that there's an Accord behind those HIDs. :shades:
  • carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    "I think it is way, way too early for any news on the 08 Accord. Honda is usually very tight lippes about its launches and I expect the same this time around."

Yeah but Honda was more open about leaking photo's of the 06 Civic then they were about of their past product launches.
    If there were info available for the 2008 Accord, it would have been posted spontaneously. They would not sit on it waiting for someone to ask before posting it.
    I'm sure that as soon as some photos of a concept come available, someone will post them. I'm also sure some fake renderings and incorrectly identified spy photos will show up over the next year also.
    I wonder if the early release of the 2007 Camry will have any influence on the next-gen Accord's release date. Maybe they'll move it up a few months, like during the Spring of 2007 ?
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Honda doesn't like disclosing information, but I think Honda would want a 4 Cylinder Accord Hybrid to go up against the Camry 4 cylinder Hybrid.

Perhaps Shiftronic on certain models?

I think you'll be waiting another 18 months for information on the 2008 Accord- everyone will find out what it actually is and what it offers 3 days before launch probably.
    SH-AWD will probably become available for the 8th-gen Accord's MMC. I expect the 2009 TL to get it first.
    1.) wether traction control will be a standard feature on any of the 4 cyl model trim level of Accords(DX, LX, and EX.)

2.) Wether the coupe and sedan model will be heavily differentiated in terms of bodystyle like the current generation of Accord is or wether the next generation Accord coupe or Sedan will look somewhat alike like the 98 model did.

3.)wether the DX model will still be offered or not.
    "I think you'll be waiting another 18 months for information on the 2008 Accord- everyone will find out what it actually is and what it offers 3 days before launch probably."

No I knew what the current Accord Sedan would look like a month or a month and a half before it came out. They were early leaks of photo's of the 03 Accord Sedan on VTEC.com which is a site for Honda fans.
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    The whether questions:

(1) No Honda doesn't feel there is enough torque for the busness case additional cost.

(2) Yes Coupe will always look more snazzy and sedan non-distinguish; different demographic targets.

(3) Yes To provide a quoteable low cost entry point!

Double Sixes ( two Honda 6-speeds) :shades: ,

MidCow
  • sold2earlysold2early Member Posts: 4
    Can't wait to see the specs on it! You know Honda isn't going to be trumped by Toyota's 3.5L/268HP engine...
    I don't know if they will keep the DX model. I say just dump it because how many people buy a car with no AC nowadays?
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    I doubt the Accord will have that option. It doesn't need it. I don't think people will be looking for SH-AWD in a family sedan. It'll be better if SH-AWD stays in the Acura line. It gives their upscale line a unique trait.
  • agalasagalas Member Posts: 38
    The exterior blows away the Camry! The interior, except for the wheel, looks stunning. At first it took me a while to get used to it. But after starring at the photos for 2 hours I fell in love with it. Such daring, such boldness, the use of the led screens thrills me like no car ever has! Only the wheel needs changing, and that could easily be replaced with one from the New Civic, which has the greatest wheel ever seen by man. A wheel of substance! A wheel of strength and gravitas!

Combine those things in the interior, and add a super efficient 4-cylinder engine with a hybrid drive, and you could see 40 mpg real world driving miles in a car that truly rings in the new millennium!

Come on Honda, kick Toyota's [non-permissible content removed] if you can! Show us the magic!
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    agalas,

Does this mean that you like the Sport 4?
  • agalasagalas Member Posts: 38
    Yes
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    I think the Sport 4 is more of a hint at the next TSX...

i would love to be wrong on this... :D
  • philosciferphiloscifer Member Posts: 2
    its VTEC.NET not VTEC.COM
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    You are right, sir!

Acura could just donate the TL's 270HP engine (If it is still 270 in 2006 SEA ratings), but where would the Tl go from here, with FWD?

Honda get the shivers whenever an eight is brought up, even for a $50k car! And AWD is more aniche than a market advantage.

DrFill
  • cdavidc1cdavidc1 Member Posts: 8
    I just talked to my salesman at my local dealership and they are hearing rumors that the Accord redesign will take place in Nov of this year. The 2007 Camry coming out early took them by surprise and they want a new Accord out asap.I hope its true but I some how doubt it.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    It won't happen this year. Camry did come out earlier than usual, but only by a few months.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Here is hoping they have a wagon this time.

Of course I know it won't happen. They just make too much sense, and sensible is something no carmaker wants in their lineup. ;)
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    I am a Honda guy had 3 Accords but from reading the 07 Camry board it sounds to me that Toyota has leapfroged Honda with the 07. The Toyota V6 now has Nissan class torque where the Honda V6 comes up a little short, but how much do you really need. Love driving my sons v6 Altima, if the Toyota engine is like that Honda and Nissan should take note. Old Mike
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    I am a Honda guy had 3 Accords but from reading the 07 Camry board it sounds to me that Toyota has leapfroged Honda with the 07.

You do realize the Camry is brand new.
    The Accord is still running on its four year old design.
    It should be better than the Accord :P
    Buicks never appealed to me, eventhough they always offered more torque. Since the late 90s, Toyotas have not been something I have enjoyed driving, regardless of the power they can brag about.

Accord has more than enough power to keep up (and likely be faster) than the Camry. In fact, we already are dealing with more than necessary power. I hope Honda emphasizes elsewhere, instead of keep pushing the power envelope, and providing tweaks to the existing 3.5/V6 in Odyssey that are similar to the 3.0/V6 in Accord... and there you have it, Accord could get 280 HP from the 3.5, and more torque too, but is that what makes an Accord my car of choice? Nope. I would rather drive the four banger.
    Mindless, baseless salesman babble to discourage purchase of the Camry.
    The Camry seems better, but the newer design almost always is. The 2008 Accord will likely be better than the 2008 Camry, then then the 2011 Camry will likely be better than the Accord that's out at that point, then the 2013 Accord will be better than that car etc..
    Sometimes it is better to listen to oneself than to be bothered by sales people. I never let them get to my nerves (outside of these forums), they simply don't deserve it.

As for a new model being automatically better than an older model, I have to disagree. For me it depends on a lot more than just the newness factor. I never grew up to like 1997 Camry over its predecessors, and since then, Camry has gone off my radar. Accord is where it is at, since 1998. Camrys just don't feel right to me, having spent considerable amount of time in them (last two generation), thanks to Hertz.
  • mikeg8mikeg8 Member Posts: 1
    I've been selling Hondas for 4 years now and it never ceases to amaze me how much people blame on salespeople. You are all grown ups you should be able to make your own decisions, and if you make a poor decision, you should also be able to take the blame for it. Truthfully, all cars are good. Honda's, Toyota's, Nissan's, even Pontiac's, and Ford's. It's really a matter of personal preferance. A Camry and an Accord drive completely different, does that make one better than the other?
  • midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    I am curious what exactly do they blame on you? I can't think of much that would be the salesman's fault except intial price discrepancies.

Just Curious,

MidCow
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ...MidCow, my man...

..wish you'd been a mouse in my pocket when I bought the fine coupe that mirrors yours.......

...I used CarsD...no problema..but the dealer charade of the HC EW ballet was a royal (rhymes with gain)...

..trust your AV6 6M coupe and nifty S2000 are treating you rite...

best, ez..
  • mugupomugupo Member Posts: 4
    Not true, :mad: the neww design carmy is much more improve in power. Had u lookt he recent Edmund review of the new Toyota Carmy 07. They say the V6 Carmy is even faster than upscare. 330I BMW, there u have it, new carmy might seen increase alot of horse power, but it did creaise 1 more speed trasmission, that help accelerate. The new carmy look and feel alot like Mazda and Infinite alike. :shades: Not like old carmy boring feeling anymore. Current Accord design isn't bad, i like the back light, sure they didn't resign whole accord but sure chagne the backlight last couple time. Accord try to use Merdenebenz alike style look. :confuse:
  • blboydblboyd Member Posts: 2
    I also sell and I believe the market has changed so much in favor of the customer. To ask for a profit in the business is like a cardinal sin and the customers lie more than the sales people.
    The hate is probably mutual, customers waste your time and show very little respect for your efforts.
    When you tell them the honest truth they don't believe you and when you lie it's the same.
    There is no other business where you can find out the invoice price on any other product other than a car,and for that your at the mercy of the consumer
  • blboydblboyd Member Posts: 2
    They just released the Honda Fit. A real nice wagon for around $13,000 to $16,000
    blboyd2002@yahoo.com
  • rtdacarguyrtdacarguy Member Posts: 1
    Honda has a tradition of a good run and a bad run with regards to its body style (Accord). The current body style is...well, ugly (I can judge this fairly as I have 2 of them presently - an 04 EX V6 2 dr, and an 03 EXL 4 dr.). The previous generation (98-02) was gorgeous (also had 2 - an 00 EX V6 2 dr., and a 99 EXL 4 dr.). Prior to that, the 94-97 was hideous. And before that, awesome. I hope that the next gen follows suit with the past and is GREAT!!! BTW, the 07 Camry is ugly...looks like it has a plastic pug nose. I HAVE driven one and cannot complain about the mechanical/drive aspect. But its sister, the ES350 is SULTRY!!! I may consider it instead of the 08 Accord!
    Accord ugly? Bland is more like it, but ugly it isn't.

I find the coupe... beautiful, however.
  • bobshiftrightbobshiftright Member Posts: 16
    My fashion-maven daughter also thinks the Accord coupe is beautiful.
    The current body style is...well, ugly (I can judge this fairly as I have 2 of them presently - an 04 EX V6 2 dr, and an 03 EXL 4 dr.). The previous generation (98-02) was gorgeous (also had 2 - an 00 EX V6 2 dr., and a 99 EXL 4 dr.). Prior to that, the 94-97 was hideous.

Then you should love what I've got, LOL

Sorry you don't like them...they are my BABIES! I like the 1998-2002 as well, but the 1996-97 was my favorite model year out of all of them.
    was a very beautiful Accord :)

And I miss it.
    I love that color...and they looked nice with the brushed alloy wheels. I cannot remember the name of the color of my maroon LX...a little help? It's not redondo red pearl, is it? (it is pictured in post 45). Thanks.
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858

........My fashion-maven daughter also thinks the Accord coupe is beautiful.

....I appreciate your girl's perception. Conservative, understated ad infinitum is all too rare these days.

....and we haven't even touched on the engineering.......

best,

..ez..
  • pismo500pismo500 Member Posts: 1
    I read some where that the 2008 Accord may come with a "camless" engine which would more than "one up" everyone! I can not remember where I saw that... if anyone else saw it let me know where... Thanks!
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    What years were the Accords offered with the pop-up headlights? I knew a co-worker who bought one and I loved the styling. I also loved the low beltline which made for an open, airy cockpit.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    Exactly 2 decades ago from the year of the accord that we are suppose to be talking about(1986-1989). Personally i like all accord and plan to own or at least drive every generation starting at the 4th. The Accord you're looking for is the 3rd generation. :)
This discussion has been closed.