Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet HHR Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,740
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Ask your Chevy HHR lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• ls2gtols2gto Member Posts: 6
    Looking for information on residuals and money factors on 2006 HHR, 12K miles/year, for two, three, and four years.

Thanks!
  • ls2gtols2gto Member Posts: 6
    Still looking for residuals and money factors for 2,3, and 4 year GMAC lease, 12k miles/year.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ls2gto. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Chevrolet HHR through GMAC right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 6.75% and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.75% and 54%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 6.75% and 44%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • mackdrivermackdriver Member Posts: 1
    Don't lease anything! If you can't afford to pay for it in 3 years you can't afford it!
    Hi mackdriver. Unfortunately, your generalization is not exactly true. There are a number of vehicles out there, such as the BMW 3-Series for example, that it would be foolish to pay cash for instead of lease. The reason is that manufacturers often provide special lease support, but no other type of incentives on certain models. If you were to pay cash for a vehicle that had an extremely attractive lease program available on it, but no special incentives for consumers who choose to finance or pay cash for it you would be missing out on free money. This is a big part of the reason why more than half of consumers who get new BMWs lease them. Whether one should lease or not all depends upon the incentives that are available on the vehicle that they want at the time they want it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • mel1962mel1962 Member Posts: 1
    We leased our new 2006 HHR (Harry for short) for 4 years. At 3 years we can trade it, buy it, walk away from it so long as the miles are right. 12,000 per year. Since I hardly put that on a car we should be okay.

We got ours from Garber Auto Mall, Green Cove Springs, Florida.

Mel :)
  • edge2276edge2276 Member Posts: 2
    I have been trying to find a lease deal on an HHR fully loaded, but it seems they are not pushing leases with this car. I have seen fully loaded equinox's for zero down taxes included $289 per month. I was given a quote for an equinox with taxes and first month down of $450 a month and another w/ $3000 down for $350 a month both only 10,000 miles per year for 36 months. I don't understand this pricing as those payments over 3 years equal almost the full price of the car. Does anyone have suggestions on finding a decent lease price similar to the equinox which MSRP's for much higher.
    Hi edge2276. The reason why the Equinox and HHR have substantially different lease payments is because the HHR's lease program is worse and GM is not currently providing any sort of cash incentives on it. For whatever reason, perhaps demand for it is greater, supply of it is lower, or a combination of both, GM doesn't feel the need to provided a decent level of lease support on the HHR right now. If I personally was in the market for one, I would snap up the 0% financing for 6 years that GM has on it through its "72 Hour Sale" this holiday weekend. Incentives don't get much better than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • tripowergtotripowergto Member Posts: 83
    Hello,

Can anyone provide the current money factors and residuals for a 2008 HHR LT for 24 & 36 months with 12K miles per year? Can the current incentive of $1500 be used toward a lease? Can a 2007 leftover still get lease support?

Thanks in advance!!
  • junajuna Member Posts: 15
    I'm looking to lease an '08 or '07 (if I can find one) HHR LS with roof rack & remote starter with 12k miles/year for 36-39 months and zero down (except tax, title, license, 1st months pmt, etc.). What is the residual value on these, and what is the lease rate? What kind of monthly payment should I be shooting for? I want to know what a top notch deal would be on a lease for this vehicle.

I basically just want to go into the dealer and say, "If you can give me the car for $XXX per month including taxes, consider it done." And if not, I'll walk out the door. I just need to figure out how much $XXX should be.

BTW, I can get a family discount b/c someone in my immediate family worked for GM for 30+ years. Plus, I have a GM Card with a flyer stating that I can get $3000 earnings top-off (I have $2800 earnings) off select vehicles (Envoy is on the list) in January. How can I figure out what the best monthly payment is based on all of this?
    Hello tripowergto. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Chevrolet HHR LT with 12,000 miles per year are a terrible 8.3% and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease would be 8.3% and 47%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert these rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400, so a lease rate of 8.3% is equivalent to a factor of around .00346.

The $1,500 customer cash that General Motors is providing on the 2008 HHR is not compatible with this lease program. GM is no longer providing lease support on 2007 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey juna. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Chevrolet HHR with 12,000 miles per year are 8.3% and 47%, respectively. The lease rate for a 39 month lease would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% higher. As you can see, like the Equinox that you are also considering the HHR's lease program is pretty bad right now. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what your monthly payment would be if you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact vehicle that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.