Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Towing Questions

cyclone7cyclone7 Member Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
I own a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext.Cab 4x4 with the 4.8L V8.I have a hybrid camper that has a wt. of about 3500#.With the truck and camper, loaded I'm probably looking at about 4500#.I often wish that I had a little more power.I am now shopping for a new truck and I have narrowed my selections to a 2006 Chevy Silverado Ext.Cab 4x4 with the 310 HP 5.3L and a 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4x4.Price,reliability,four full doors,warranty and fuel mileage have me leaning towards the Toyota.I know that the Chevy would have no problem towing my camper but I'm not sure about the Toyota.It has less HP(271 vs. 285) but more torque(313 vs. 295) than my GMC.Will the Toyota pull our hills of PA better than my GMC?Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• toykicktoykick Member Posts: 104
    lol it would pull it with no problem... but if i were you i would wait...
  • uga91uga91 Member Posts: 1,065
    I believe the Tundra is good for about 7500 lbs, so this camper should be no problem.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    You might have your numbers wrong on the Chevy. The newer 4.8's have 285hp. I have an '03 4.8L and it's 270hp at 5200rpm. Essentially the same as the Tundra. But the torque is better on the Tundra. I have the same concern as you. I have an '03 ext. cab 4x4 with 3.73 gears and 265x75-16's. I know the Tundra/Chevy are rated for 7,000+ on towing, but let's be realistic. I don't like my engines to be struggling and I have no doubt both of these engines would be gasping for breath with that much weight. Plus I'm used to towing with a diesel. I use my 1/2 ton for a light-weight cargo trailer, usually 4,000# or so. The 4.8L moves it pretty good on the hwy, but it's working hard on the back hills. I think the Tundra will do a little better with the torque and 5-speed auto. I swore I wouldn't buy another small V8, but I found a good deal on a used Tundra so I might go for it. I'm going to drive one today. My wife has this same engine in her Lexus and it's no pulling machine, but I think it will do what I need.
  • bsr7696bsr7696 Member Posts: 1
    Cyclone7,
    I'm in the same boat... I drove the Tundra, loved it and I didn't think I was going to like it because it very bland but functional inside. As well, when it comes to towing you just can never have enough "beef". My concern is that I tow a Jeep CJ7 that weighs loaded around 4400lbs with a tool box (150 lbs.) on the tongue of my tandem axle trailer Bri-Mar trailer that I put my CJ7 on when I go to Jeep Jamboree's. I want a truck that I can drive everyday with ultimate reliability for the price manufacturers are charging for these vehicles as well as decent fuel mileage for everyday use. I only Tow about 10 times a year with this heavy load and I can't decide between the Tundra or the Chevy/GMC half ton Crew Cab. My goal, get decent fuel mileage, easy to drive, be extremely comfortable, ease of towing and something that I can drive everyday and have the ability to put professional work colleagues and customers in it if the need should arise with my work. Anything you find out would be great. I think the two vehicles drive much differently and the Chevy had some nice creature comfort features but their viability and inconsistent quality is what concerns me about their product.

bsr7696@yahoo.com
  • iqbaldhillon2iqbaldhillon2 Member Posts: 116
    Id go for the Tundra because Tundra can tow up to 7,100 pounds and you have to tow a 4500 pound camper so go with the Tundra. The Tundra also has better torque ratings than the Silverado/Sierra and tows with no difficulty.
  • ma23peasma23peas Member Posts: 7
    We have had our Tundra Double Cab with tow package and goodies for 3 weeks now...yep, we LOVE it!!! There is more room in the back for our 3 children than in the Camry...very nice and roomy...when you have the moonroof/back window/all windows down it's like driving a convertible! :) Love it! Okay, yes I'm a girl, what can I say. But my dear husband is sold on it as well and swears when our Sienna bites the dust we'll get another truck...one truck in the family is enough...that's where we differ! :)

Over the next 6 months we will be researching, buying, and outfitting our Tundra for towing a travel trailer...I'm trying my hardest to find a TT that is under 5,000 pounds but I think we'll be lucky to find one under 5500 that will fit our family of five and 2 dogs. We'll have to learn to pack really light..no water, no groceries, just a few clothes to get us going and pillows and covers for the bed...try living on plastic cups and such until we find our true weight.

But, I must admit I had delusions of a bigger tow potential...hey, I can get 1600 in my truck and tow 7000...sure on paper...but not TOGETHER!! Only when I dug deeper did I realize with trailer and truck contents I can't exceed 11,800...truck weighs about 4,800 (need to weigh it for sure)...family, dogs and bikes weigh about 800 pounds and growing! so now I'm at 5600...figure on about 100 for propane and hitch equipment...now at 5700...clothes and gear about 500 now at 6200...so the max trailer we can pull would be 5600 pounds!!! EEK! I was hoping to have us only pulling 11,000 and be on the underside of that weight...need to find a 5000 or less trailer bad...

And footage...I have found a few 4800 pound trailers that would be great but they're pushing 30 feet long...my wheelbase says 26.5 would be perfect..is is safe to push it if I have the dual cam Reese set up? Think Hensley arrow is overkill for our situation...but would entertain opinions on that as well..

Just posting to say that over the next year, I'll have a purchase and bad/good experiences to put down to help others...for now I love my Tundra! :)

Tara
  • toucanettoucanet Member Posts: 9
    What is this and is it necessary for towing a boat or trailer?
  • ma23peasma23peas Member Posts: 7
    First, let me correct myself...I was using the 11,800 number as max GCWR...but my owners manual says 12,600 for DC 2x4 with tow package...so I'm going with that number...please check your owner manual for any differing numbers....

The limited slip differential as explained to me is a helpful thing if you get stuck...rather than having a wheel spin and getting sunk...the slip differential balances out something that makes it less likely for you to sit and spin your tires out...so in short, less likely for you to get stuck in the mud. HOw's that for technical? :)

Tara
  • sc_mikesc_mike Member Posts: 5
    I hear the 2007 Tundra is to have an optional turbo diesel plus a 5.6 gas engine... ? I bought mine, then traded up to a larger boat. Still waiting on my boat to arrive at 4k lbs plus all the gear to load down for vacations...Stay tuned.
    No diesel for '07 (all rumors beyond that) but it does get a 5.7L gasser. Edmunds has more on it HERE!
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    I have been towing with my Tundra for the last 4 and a half years, and I also towed with my V6 Tundra before that.

Even though mine (truck) has 7200 capacity, my RV only weighs 4750 dry. I am actually selling it, but the secret is aluminum to keep the weight down.

You need to leave some breathing room like 1000 lbs in your GCWR. Having said that, my V6 Tundra was at the limit and did not have a problem. Its limit was 9250.

The first camping trip in my V8, I had a panic stop, which the truck did real nicely, but that camper is going to push that truck until it stops.
  • usedtobeloyalusedtobeloyal Member Posts: 31
    I have owned other Toyota trucks, and I am suspect of the Tundra transmissions's ability to stand up under stress in the long term. I never towed with my vehicle and never carried heavy loads. Maintained the transmission in line with the maintenance schedule.
    I had to have it replaced at 87000 miles.
    Considering the light duty and maintenance, I don't think it should have failed. I spoke to Toyota national, and they indicated I was on my own for the cost of the repair.
    Be careful with Toyota transmissions after the warranty runs out. Some people may be talking about making it to 100000 miles and beyond, but it's not worth the risk of the replacement costs after 60000 miles. Toyota transmissions: :lemon: and the company will not support after 60000 has been my experience.
  • bjs1997bjs1997 Member Posts: 6
    I have owned both the silverado 1500 and the tundra. I traded the tundra in after the tranny failed at 63000. Toyota would do nothing. I do not use the truck hard but I do put a lot of miles on with the occasional load. Toyota trannys are week and really should not be used if you are going to do any hauling. My silverdo on the other hand will do just about anything you ask it to do. I have now have 165000 miles on the tranny and not problems with hauling in the silverado. I asked a good friend of mine who is a mechanic and he told me the only truck that has a decent transmission is GM. I value his opinion and he is a great mechanic. I would also look under the forum for the tundra-it seems that a lot of people have tranny problems with it. Buyers be warned-buy the silverado
    You realize we can search your posts?? Yesterday your Silverado had 145k miles, today it has 165k. You really drive a lot!! And you never mentioned owning a Toyota yesterday, when you were saying you'd never even consider buying a "wanna-be" truck. I think if you actually owned (drove, or even sat in a Tundra or the Supra you were bad mouthing previously) you'd probably have a different opinion. A transmission guy I know says they ALL suck. ;)
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    or were posts #15 and 16 written by the same person. The writing style and content is identical.

You sure are going a long way to bad mouth the Tundra. Do you know why there are so many posts complaining about the Tundra in these forums ( I'm sure you can guess ;) ) ...you wrote them all.

Your efforts are like screaming at the wind to stop.
  • 12ga12ga Member Posts: 9
    Hello, I'm considering the purchase of an '03 Tundra 4x4 Access Cab V6 with manual tranny from a dealer. It doesn't have the tow package.

What does the tow package include? Does anyone have experience towing a trailor with a Tundra that doesn't have the tow package? Thanks.
  • 12ga12ga Member Posts: 9
    Tow package usually consists of the hitch, trailer wiring, and extra transmission coolers for the automatic. Not sure if they do anything extra for the manual tranny or not. I believe the manual tranny V6 is rated to tow around 5,000#. If you're not pulling that for long distances, I think a hitch/wiring is all you'll really need.
  • treehuggerjaketreehuggerjake Member Posts: 14
    The Edmunds site says of the 2007 Tundra: "Long-bed versions of the Double Cab SR5 also get towing preparation (which includes a tow/haul mode for the transmission and manually extendable exterior mirrors."

Does anyone know if any other 2007 Tundras come with this towing package?
  • labaylabay Member Posts: 1
    I have a 05 tundra 6 cyl automatic, and am thinking of towing a boat weighing around 5000lbs across the country. any advise regarding if this is possible with an automatic transmission.
  • 12ozcurls12ozcurls Member Posts: 65
    First with a trailer that big, im guessing the tongue weight might be a little more than that tundra can safely handle even with a weight distributing hitch. Also, since you're traveling cross country, I would imagine there will be hills to traverse. This will tax your engine to the max. Also, since it's a V6, i doubt the rear gearing is set up for towing from the factory. One of the most over looked parts of towing, is the brakes. That model year tundra already has brake problems on its own, add to that a 5,000lb trailer, and you're just asking for trouble. Accomplishing this task with a 4.7L V8 Tundra would be hard enough, let alone one with a V6. For this task, I would rent something bigger or ask a buddy with a larger truck.
  • flinchlockflinchlock Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if any other 2007 Tundras come with this towing package?

According to the "Tundra 2007" brochure (38 pages), on page 32, the Tow Package has a footnote #5 that says, Standard on Long Bed.

Footnote #5 is for Reg Cab: Base V8 and SR5 V8, Double Cab: SR5 V8 and Limited V8.

Mike
  • mule2mule2 Member Posts: 11
    To the person that said Gm transmisson was the best. I bought a new 2004 chev.z-71. Had a Rear end put in it shortly after i bought it.Had To Use lemon law to get it replaced. The transmisson made a noise when it shift from 2nd to 3rd & when it shifted back from 3rd to 2nd.they gave me a bulletin stating the noise & stating that it had been doing the same thing for several yr. models including 2007 & do not attempt to repair. I bought a new tundra hope i will never have to buy again.
  • 12ozcurls12ozcurls Member Posts: 65
    GM transmissions have generally been thought of as the best over the years. Lately this has not been the case in the 4L60E trans they put in the 1500's like the one you had. The '98 and before 4L60's usually averaged about 150,000 miles before any major maintenance was required. They tried to save a buck with the '99 and up light duty transmissions and they've had problems ever since. But the 4L80E's are still rock solid and their Allison line is pretty stout as well. I wish you luck with your new Tundra as it looks like a winner on paper, but the new trans have already been reported to be having some problems, and the previous Tundra had plenty of problems with their trans as well.
  • ltdan2ltdan2 Member Posts: 17
    i have a 07,longbed,5.7 4-door,loaded 8ft. sunlite slidein, 2h-d roadkings on a 10ft. trailer towed from n.georgia to sturgis s.d. with no problems
    If you've got the towing package, you should be fine. I'm not positive what the tow limits are for the V6 model, you'd have to refer to your owners manual. But I've pulled 5,000# trailers with less powerful V6's before and they were alright. It won't be a fast trip, but you'll make it fine assuming the rest of the truck is rated for it. I have the 4.7L V8 so I've got alot more power, but the truck itself handles 5,000# as well as any of my previous 1/2 tons. In fact, I've had 9,000# behind it before and it was just as stable as my other 1/2 tons (which were overloaded as well...). And while some early model Tundras had brake problems, I've seen no issues on anything as new as an '05. Mine do a find job, but with 5,000# you need a trailer with brakes anyway.
  • evergatorevergator Member Posts: 2
    I tow a 5500 lb boat and when I retire,soon I hope, intend to purchase and tow a 27' to 30' camper trailer ( I don't know how much they weigh). I am considering purchasing either the new Tundra with the 5.7L V8 or a GM
    Duramax diesel. I know that the Duramax will tow anything I purchase but I don't know how much weight the Trundra will tow comfortably--I know it is rated for over 10,000 lbs. but was wondering if anyone had actually towed, over a variety of flat and hilly roads, 8,000 to 9,000 lbs trailers with the new Tundra?
  • pjbaseball99pjbaseball99 Member Posts: 2
    I am moving to Phoenix, AZ from Charleston, SC and i want to tow my 20' boat with a rough weight of about 3500 lb with dual axled trailer evenly distributed weight. I have a 2006 Tundra 4.7L V8 with towing package. It's roughly 2200 miles to Phoenix from where i live. But i'm worried about the transmission being able to tow it that long of a distance. It pulls the boat with no problem, hardly going over 2,000 rpms stop and go. Any thoughts on this? I really appreciate it.
    Your truck is rated to tow 6,500# so I don't see any reason to be concerned with this. If the transmission can't handle such an easy job, then it was destined to early failure so you might as well get one while it's under warranty.
  • mule4mule4 Member Posts: 36
    I have a 07 tundra 5.7; 4 wheel drive off road. I pull a 34' jayco eagle dry weight 7700, Loaded weight 9500# I had it pretty much loaded. we went to the Ozark Mtns.it did a good job.I had a dodge cummins diesel 4 wheel drive that was a good truck . I beleive the tundra will pull with it.The reason i went for the gas burner was the higher price for diesel.I would buy the cummins motor over any other diesel engine.
  • pjbaseball99pjbaseball99 Member Posts: 2
    The route i'm taking is pretty flat, I-20 all the way, and my transmission is good. So, i shouldn't worry about the load?
    3,500# right?? A minivan can tow that and some do all the time without problems. You've got plenty of truck there, I wouldn't even blink. I've pulled similar/bigger loads with mine several times. In fact, I'm pulling around 3,000# from Maine to TN next month and there are gobs of mountains in between. I could take my diesel pickup and tow it like it wasn't even back there, but 3,000 on a 1/2 ton is very comfortable. Particularly the direction I'm traveling empty and driving around little coastal towns. Not good for a dually pickup!
  • dbric36dbric36 Member Posts: 2
    Just watch the mpg's while towing. Trailer boats did a test and driving at 65 mpg towing a Sea Ray 220 sundeck witch is a bit less than what you got it gets 8.1 mpg.

In our “Double Nickels” scenario, we towed a Sea Ray 220 Sundeck completely empty, and covered its bow and cockpit to reduce drag. We made sure the boat and trailer were level with the truck, and checked that all the tires were filled to their recommended psi. We also never drove faster than 55 mph on our test route.

In our “Speedy” scenario, we kept the same setup, but drove 65 mph instead of 55. This change in speed will answer whether it’s worth resisting the temptation to travel at the rate you are accustomed to when not towing.

In our “Does It Matter?” scenario, we really messed with our rig. First we dropped the air in the Tundra’s tires to 25 psi, down from their original 35 psi. Then we took off the Sea Ray’s covers, and even latched the door separating the bow area from the cockpit for some extra wind resistance. Finally, we added 500 pounds of weight to the boat, in the form of a dozen 5-gallon buckets filled with water. The 220 Sundeck has a 50-gallon fuel tank, so this weight is the equivalent of driving with a full tank of gas and 200 extra pounds of gear.

The Tundra’s computer confirmed what we experienced on our test route. In our “Does It Matter?” scenario, we achieved only 8.0 mpg, compared to 9.3 and 11.1 mpg for our “Speedy” and “Double Nickels” circuits, respectively. The actual numbers showed the trip computer was being a little generous, however. Our data, based on gallons burned and the miles we traveled, showed only 7.3 mpg for the “Does It Matter?” loop, 8.1 mpg for the “Speedy” scenario (an 0.8 mpg or 11 percent improvement), and 9.9 mpg for the “Drive 55” setup (a 2.6 mpg or 36 percent improvement).
  • ebenhebenh Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 tundra reg cab long bed 4.7L V8 and want to tow a 2000 21.5ft nash 5th wheel which has a dry wt of 4500 pounds. I see a lot of travel trailer towing in discussions. Has anyone towed a 5th wheel or know of problems? I expect to get airbags, brake package. My tundra has a tow package.
  • mytundra2007mytundra2007 Member Posts: 4
    I am really putting this new 2007 dbl cab 5.7 v8 4x4 toyota tundra to the test. Installed a supergliude 5th wheel hitch. To tow a 10,000lb 5th wheel RV Tongue weight ( payload ) is aprox 500lbs over trucks rating. Added air bags to help take the load of the suspension and level out the truck. A little extra air in the rear tires. Tire max load is 2601. I think I am ok with this. What do You think ? Hitched up and pulled this combination home. Only 7 to 10 miles on flat florida roads, But did go up and over a good size incline overpass. Truck handled well, torque was doing a good job and the power was there. did get up to 60 mph. Stopped well. Hope it will do a good and safe job when I take this combination to N.C. This June. This will be the true test. Anyone have any suggestions ? Iwill keep us posted on this trucks abilities. It is pushing her limits and might be a little out of its weight class. But I owned this truck only 4 months with 3500 miles on it. To trade it for an upgraded ford F 250 I would have to get the v10 gas engine and a 4.10rear axle . And this really does not even give me much more torque or horse power. Just gives me a heavier truck and frame over all. It will cost me about 14,000 out of pocket expense with the trade in of my Tundra which I really like. So I opt to give the Tundra a chance. Hope and pray it will stay and be my towing choice. Will keep you posted on this. I am sure u will be interested in the results. I would also like anyone else experiance with towing big loads. Thanks Until whenever I am Richard B
  • ahedgesahedges Member Posts: 9
    I own a 07 tundra 5.7 tow haul,auto,4x4 I tow a jayco eagle 314 bhs t/t.O.K. it`s a 31 foot travel trailer with a 14 foot slide,it`s our 7 th t/t My f-250 super duty 5.4 gas couldn`t handle the jayco the way my new tudra can.Just keep in mind that you want the longest wheel base that you can get in the truck.My trailer weighs 8900 loaded,tongue is around 876.My tundra is rated to haul 10300 handles it fine.ford got a long way to go to beat this truck.381 horse with 400 lbs foot torque and 430 gears ford chevy,dodge can`t even come close.....oh yea i got a 7.5 foot boss plow on the front during the winter .trucks are made to work not to look at,and it`s snowing rite now......
  • rosetomrehrosetomreh Member Posts: 3
    What do you think? I have a V8 5.7L 1-ton double cab extended bed with tow package. I want to pull a 39' camper that weighs slightly less than 8200 lbs. dry. I read previously that a truck is meant to work, not just to look at. Well, the truck is under an extended warranty, just want to hear some thoughts.......
    with a 39 footer your going to get sway,what`s the tongue weight? loaded your probably be at around 9800 lbs.,Make sure you have lift bars on it and a good sway control on the hitch.The truck should handle it o.k. But 39 feet is alot of trailer to tow.I wouldn`t want to tow that long.Another thing is it a t/t or fifth wheel?To try it out go to a campground close to home and see what it does.It`s a work horse with the 5.7/430 gears. have fun!!!!!!!
  • cbarton4cbarton4 Member Posts: 1
    We are considering purchasing a Toyota Tundra 5.7L double cab (with the tow package.) We would like to tow a toy hauler with an estimated GVWR of 9,000, GDW of 5,449 and hitch dry weight of 764. Is anybody doing something similar? If so, what has been your experience with the Toyota Tundra. Thanks.
    I pull a 34ft. Jayco Eagle bumper pull 9500# loaded weight 1125# tongue wt. It does a good job even in mountains.I have a 2007 4-wheel drive off road.very strong truck. I get 19 to 19.4 miles per gal not loaded on interstste driving to conserve fuel. Lots of people must drive like they are racing.that their mileage is bad.
    do you use air bags with that toungue weight?????or did you have the truck resprung??
    No i use a load level lizing hitch & a sway bar My spelling not good maybe you can understand what i'm talking about.Good Luck
  • rcp357rcp357 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchase an '07 used (had 3500 miles on it) Tundra Crew Max 2WD Limited that is loaded. I love the truck. Best truck by far I've ever driven at 100 mph. Holds the road like a dream.

However, I can't seem to get the towing stability like I like it. I recently purchased a Flagstaff V-Lite (weighs 6250 dry). I have an Equalizer load leveler/sway control hitch system. I even purchased air bag spring helpers to go on it, which did help a good bit. After much adjustment, I've finally got it to where it will tow pretty good at around 62 mph in high winds (both times I towed it with air bags was in high winds; I had towed it previously with low winds).

I'm pretty sure I have the towing package (I have the connectors, the tranny cooler, etc.) but I'm wondering if the suspension isn't the tow suspension (meaning the rear leaf springs).

Anyway, if someone could give me some suggestions on possibly things I could try to improve towing stability, I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to be able to tow comfortably at 70 - 75 to keep up with traffic, but I haven't made it there yet.

Thanks,
    RCP357
    Is the trailer sitting level when hooked to the Tundra? Having the trailer sit level is key, so if it's not you need to adjust your hitch height and get it where it needs to be. Either way, I'm not sure this is a truck problem because most any 1/2 ton could handle this load, although high winds will cause you grief on a bumper-pull trailer, even the big-trucks. I pull 15,000# with my 1-ton on a Gooseneck trailer and it pulls like a dream, but a 12,000# boat hooked to the bumper is a completely different animal, particular in winds.
  • nurselady602nurselady602 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Tundra SR5 Crew Max that I think has a tow package (has a tow/haul button inside LOL) and I have gotten conflicting stories about whether or not I can tow a 5th wheel. I've been told that because the bed is short, I MIGHT be able to use a sliding hitch and tow a newer trailer with the protruding 5th wheel (vs older model where the king pin goes straight down) but that I couldn't tow the older models where the 5th wheel goes straight down. Anybody with any experience with this?
  • rcp357rcp357 Member Posts: 2
    I do have to level it out and work on getting the dimensions correct with the Equalizer Hitch I have.

There is one thing I'm curious about though. There is a lot of play in my drawbar/receiver. I put the drawbar in a another 2" hitch receiver and there was much less play. I measured my hitch receiver and it measured 2 1/8" inside-to-inside. I can move my drawbar around a good bit within my hitch receiver.

I'm wondering if the slop in my receiver could be having something to do with my problem.

Does anyone know anything about this?
  • horsetowinghorsetowing Member Posts: 1
    I'm likely going to buy an '08 double cab long bed 5.4L V8 Tundra to tow my horse trailer - about 6000lbs loaded. Thinking I'll need weight distribution bars. Does anybody know if the kind Toyota sells are good or if I should just go with the Reese? For that matter, the entire hitch system: is it better to go with the Toyota brand or go to a good trailer suppy/instllation place?
  • quarquequarque Member Posts: 41
    I'm not familiar with the Toyota brand but the Equal-i-zer brand (cheap) is known for being very loud due to it's friction-based design. You also might consider air bags if you are mainly concerned with leveling the truck - they're adjustable and not too expensive. A good WDH is mucho $$$. Do you know what your hitch weight will be?
  • apptunapptun Member Posts: 18
    I have commented on this topic several times but it is worth another post. I pull a horse trailer that has a loaded weight of between 4800 and 6000 depending on the number of horses transported. I have no idea what the tongue weight is but before I made some changes, there was some serious "squatting" occurring. I added a pair of Timbrens at an installed cost of around $250. This completely fixed my problem at a fraction of the cost of other solutions. My 02 now has 75 k on the odometer and I have used the Timbrens for about 50k. I pull the trailer about 5k per year. I am sure that there are other brands out there to consider that are basically the same type of product. Good luck.
  • 07tundracrewmx07tundracrewmx Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Tundra Limited Crewmax with the tow package. We just bought an 09 Keystone Mountaineer 32ft travel trailer (8900lbs dry). I am new to the RV and towing world (fishing boats only) but our Tundra towed it great. We just got back for TN, 2 hour drive one way. Driving 70-75 was no trouble. Coming home we had some very high winds, so I kept it at 60-65. We do have sway bars.
This discussion has been closed.