Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Magnum Maintenance & Repair

Comments

• 55,000 miles of easy driving. The part cost $400. Anyone else have this problem? 2005 magnum awd rt is a piece of junk !
  • davis27davis27 Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    About two weeks ago, I noticed that my car had a problem starting, as if the battery was dying. I also noticed that my turn signals did not work. This confused me because my harzards worked. When my car did not start for two consecutive mornings, I took it to my mechanice. He tested my battery and alternator and said they were fine. He said that there might be an electrical malfuction and so he dissconnected my radio and power door locks. He said that should keep my car from dying. With that done, it still dies. I had to get a boost this morning and again after work. Do anyone know what the problem is?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Turn signals and hazard lights are intentionally on separate circuits. Your turn signals not working could be as simple as a bad flasher on the fuse panel.

The draining of the battery should be checked with a meter while the engine is off to see if there's anything "running" that shouldn't be.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • I have an 05 magnum its literally been nothing but heartache since i bought it, i got home in the rain a few weeks ago turned the car off and the windshield wipers kept going i ended up pulling the fuse after getting pissed off in the rain at night for 20 minutes..anyone know what to do?
  • ive been my magnum since 06 got it used with 9,000 miles on it, it seemed like a bargain..it was my first car and I thought it was a really cool car.....4 years later ive replaced inner and outer tie rods twice and steering control arms and every bump i hit it sounds like something is about to break and at this point i hope it does because any auto shop/dealership cant seem to figure it out but fixes something that doesnt end up being a necessary fix..i regret not getting the 70,000 mile warranty
    I will never buy another chrystler again in my life. anyone have a guess on what is slamming around on every bump on the road?
  • the number is on the side of the block
  • usually it's a bad alternator, but it could be the wiring between the alternator and the battery
  • I wonder if their is a recall on 2005 cars for this problem with the lights flickering on/off???
    we're experiencing the same thing with the exception of the lights actually being off, they
    will go on.. and when we turn the lights on the headlights will flicker on and off and sometimes
    stay off for 2-3 mins so we have to drive with our high beams til they flicker back on. I can
    deal with the $90 bucks if thats all it is, we're taking our car in on Monday and I'll let the svc
    manager know our 2005 dodge isn't the only car having this problem.. thanks for the info...
  • Same problem @ 50,000 miles> r/t awd also. Just waiting fir the other side to go. My toyota never brakes !
  • dnelson811dnelson811 Posts: 1
    I just replaced both!!! OUCH!!! I was able to get both of the control arms from Mopar for 300 each. Then another 300 in labor from the mechanic and he has always been very cheap on labor for me. I have the 05 Mag rt awd and she has 136,000 on her. I have gotten great use out of her. However; my tie rods (both driver side and the outer on the passenger side are now bad. Here goes another 400!!! I do have a problem with the fact that this will be the 3rd time replacing those damn things though. Overall i would have to say that she has been a good car for me.
  • bbfd86bbfd86 Posts: 42
    I have a 2005 Magnum R/T AWD. Looking to get new front brake rotors at 125,000 miles. Dealer wants $350 for two Mopar rotors installed. Monro Muffler will install two Wagner rotors for $180. Anyone have experience with Wagner rotors? Will third party rotors void the national lifetime warranty on the Mopar brake pads?
  • ladyboopladyboop Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 dodge magnum and is having the same problem with my headlights and dash board lights flashing on and off. It is driving me crazy and i'm scared to drive it. Do you think that the 06 is the same thing.
  • sabobasaboba Posts: 5
    I would think it is when I talked with my dealership they never told me what it could be and after 700 bucks I was still having same issue they reflashed the ecm and they where perfect. I only paid 120 for them to flash it and if that does not fix it then you are gonna have to hunt for the problem.
  • Howdy - I have a 2005 AWD R/T Magnum and coming up on 116,000 miles - thinking about brakes soon and searching for the best choice for this vehicle - no problems other than a miss when giving it full throttle that no one can fix?

Regards TTL
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• My 2005 magnum R/T is giving me fuel problems. At times when I put injector cleaner in the gas tank I get a mileage reading of 435miles...then the following time I fill it up I get less miles. i get like 265miles....anyone got any advice?
  • I have a problem with my lights and dashboard flashing on and off while I'm driving. Does anyone know what the problem is??? I would like to have this problem fixed the first go round without spending extra money.. If anyone can help please please help me!!!! 06 model
  • The 2005 magnum doesn't have a cabin air filter.
  • I bought my 2005 Dodge Magnum in '05 with only 400 miles on it. I have had only 1 issue and that was a simple replacement of the headlight switch ($49) due to interior lights flashing and cutting out. Everything else has been perfect until 1 week ago when my car began to randomly stall. It seems to happen at lower speeds and will run fine for a couple days before symptoms return. I have had error codes P0335 (cranshaft sensor) and P061c (electronic throttle control 2nd RPM). I have seen some similar symptoms in this forum but everyone seems to receive different remedies from their dealer (and they don't seem to resolve the problem). I don't want to get into the game of having my dealer troubleshooting and replacing good parts. Has anyone had this problem and truly found a repair. Please help me if you have.
    Thank you!!!
    Jeff
  • I have a 2007 Magnum & had a rattle in front end also,we replaced the sway bar links with Masterpro from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $60 & no more rattle!
  • You do realize that the Dodge Magnum is essentially a Dodge-bodied Mercedes E class, right?
  • The flash file worked for us and the Service Mgr. called to thank us for the information! It also fixed the sunroof which, wouldn't seat all the way down! Now we are working on the brackets for the front hood and back hatch. Those slam down!!! We bought them at dealearship, installing ourselves.
  • i have a 2006 dodge magnum rt with 151xxx on the dash and i have only ever had to replace the tie tod ends from hitting a curn and break the old one. the front end noise you are probably getting has to do with the lower linkk arms. check the fronts and rears on both sides. goes from body of the car to control arm and connects with ball joint.
  • I am looking at buying a Magnum, I see that many have had sway bar bushing/link wear out problems. And you replace the part and same thing in 15K miles. If the O.E. part only lasted you 15K why replace it with the same part? Spend the extra money and go with MOOG parts for suspension parts and while at it have them install zert fittings to the ball joints. If they get lubed they will last longer. I am in the auto parts business and I have a 2003 Dodge Neon S/E that is about to turn 200.000 miles. I also have a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country with 150,000+ miles. Time to sell my 1995 Mercury Sable wagon even though it still gets 21.7 mpg around town and 28 hiway. A little maintenance and spring for the upgrade parts goes a long way. I have gotten over 300K on 1985 Mazda pickup over 300k on two VW Jetta GLI's.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,913

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Our 05 Magnum started doing this about a year ago. After some research, we found it was the gas tank - if we filled the tank, it would stall at stops or low speeds. If we open the cap and relieve the pressure a few times or just don't fill it completely, it is ok; haven't had the problem since doing that. Who knows why it started doing it at all after a few years tho...
  • Houston tx, I have 2006 dodge magnum rt ,lights flicker inside and out .dash same way in sync with head lights, I'm on the beltway and it lost power as if shutting down no service light on on dash .dealer has headlight switch for 50 that's fine but what else is going on please help.I purchased at northwest dodge