Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Magnum Maintenance & Repair

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
Having a problem with your Magnum? This is the place for owners to pool their knowledge and help you sort things out!

Comments

• magnumoisellemagnumoiselle Member Posts: 2
    Hi I've had my SXT for 2 1/2 wks & love it. BUT when I turn the wheel all the way, like when parking in a tight space, the engine dies! I took it to the dealer/service dept, and they said that Chrysler knows about this problem with the 3.5 ltrs, and that it's a fault in the programming/steering/idling...? ....And that they should be able to "re-program" it when they get the OK/instructions. I'm concerned because I think you only have 30 days to return it if necessary, and am not familiar with the "lemon law". I hope someone else has heard the same story from Dodge. I'm worried they're b.s.-ing me!
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Unless it is specifically written in your sales contract, cars can not be returned - there is no recission available as with other products.

As for lemon law, that only applies after the dealer has had an opportunity to attempt at least three repairs. Your dealership has informed you that it is a known issue and are awaiting the proper repair info from DC, thus they have not actually attempted the first repair yet. If you really feel unsafe in the vehicle, your only recourse is to trade it, but that will cost you major money with the initial depreciation hit.

I'd suggest having your service department keep you informed as to when the reprogramming is available and to come in as soon as possible to have the computer adjusted.

kcram

Host - Wagons
  • magnumoisellemagnumoiselle Member Posts: 2
    Your response was much appreciated.

(I looked into the recalls & there is only one for gauge calibration.)

Thanks a lot.

M
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    You're very welcome :)

It is frustrating to have an issue like this in a new car, but since the Magnum is an all-new design, these gremlins do crop up when real-world experiences create situations that don't show up during testing.

(Or I'm just reeeeeeeally patient LOL)

kcram

Host - Wagons
  • paul23paul23 Member Posts: 2
    I have a new Magnum (70 miles on it). While driving 20 mph under idle power, my car rapidly accelerated. I stepped on the brake and came to a stop, but the engine reved to 3000 rpm. I slowly eased off the brake but the car would have taken off. I re-applied the brake and came to a stop, but the car still wnated to take off as the engine was at 300 rpm. What do you do in this situation. Since I was at a stop, I shifted to neutral, the engine almost red-lined, I quickly shifted into park and turned off the engine. I checked that the floor mat was not up against the accelerator. It was not. I re-started and drove 30 miles home with no problem. I hope this doesn't happen again.

FYI: I am 40 yrs old- male , I drove 2 Corvette for 15 yeers and no way I was pressing on the accelerator. My foot was on the brake only as the engine continued toaccelerate. I slways thought most uncontrolled rapid accelarations were people getting the brake and accelerator pedals mixed up. Now I am not sure.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    In addition to talking to Magnum owners here, you might want to post your question in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? topic over on the Maintenance & Repair board.
  • altaholiconealtaholicone Member Posts: 25
    Well the dealer says its rings and instead of a swap on cars or a new engine (because they say they don't have any) they are going to rebuild mine. only 1,800 miles on car and they are going to rebuild the engine! Chrysler is the power behind it.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Every manufacturer in the world builds a few engines that go sour in the first few thousand miles. It sounds like you are being taken care of, and that's all one can hope for. The only thing I might add is that I'm thinking that you might want to hold out for a new mill instead of having your current one rebuilt. I say that because if the rings have indeed gone south, they might have scored the cylinder walls enough to require an overbore of say .010", and I seriously doubt that oversize pistons and rings are already available on the market.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    The dealer said today they are getting a new short block and put my old heads on it. I wonder if they will check and resurface if needed? We'll see. Chrysler has said NO to a new car trade. i know how much of a job this is and I pray the mechanic can doa detailed job.
    Okay, a short block is good, in fact, it's very good. Regarding resurfacing the heads, that shouldn't be necessary. Unless I missed it somewhere, I think that the heads are iron castings, not some kind of aluminum alloy, and as such they should be just fine.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Got the car back with rebuilt engine all on a newshort block. Still smokes. So far car has been in the dealer 26 week days out of 60 total. Has anyone done that test for me??? The one where you start it cold, idle 30 seconds, turn off, re start in 30 minutes...see any smoke? :confuse: :surprise: :sick:
  • kowalskikowalski Member Posts: 94
    I just tried it tonight with car cold and then warmed up nothing at all at the exhaust tips.My car has 1500 miles on it now hope this helps to some degree.
    Nothing at all no smoke I cant tell its running .
    I do hope you get that fixed I bet its in the upper part of the motor sound like valve seals to me .
    Have you done a oil consumption test to any degree?

Ive seen exactly what you speak of on a car I had with bad valve seals......
    Ask them to check this out I bet it wasnt in the short block I suspect tham to look in the heads....
    I just tried it tonight for you ,I got nothing at all I cant tell its event running.
    I think it sounds like something Ive seen in a car I had a few years ago .
    Valve seals are letting oil thru at startup,possibly under load also.
    Has the dealer done a consumption test ???
    Man it sounds like poorly seated valve guide seals ,have them tear the heads down ,it wasnt the short block ....Sounds like head issues sticking valve etc....
    Serious Ive seen this before ..
    Hope they find it let me know.
    When yo started it cold, did you only let it idle 30 seconds, then turn it off? Then re start it 30 minutes later? Then look quickly at the exhaust pipe? Warm, mine never smokes. Only when cold and the exact procedure followed. The dealer took my engine apart at 1800 miles to fix it, said it was rings, put in a short block. Got it back and it still smokes. And other troubles with the putting back together wrong. So we shall see. Its been in the shop 26 days out of 60.
    Havn't done any consumption tests. Because smoking is out of line in itself. I'm going for the lemon law soon. I go this one at Sundance Dodge in Idaho. They won't do a thing for me. Said its not their problem. So I hav eto rely on my local dealer Thomas Sales & service who also won't help out in any special way. Only what Chrysler says, and that is not much. I can't believe Chrysler won't step up and take car of this with a new car! They are insistant at putting me thru the ringer to get to that point. Maybe I'll get a 2006 by then. As long as its an even trade! With hitch and all.
    Yep I followed it to the key no smoke nothing not event vapor.
    keep us informed.Typical big business and no customer service.
    Lawyer up as cheap as possible if needed..It will really make things happen.
    Check out this address this radio station is a talk format and has free legal advise on thier site somewhere. WLS AM Chicago . It might help .
    Got the car back on 5/9. On 5/10 I started it and it smoked. Started it 30 minutes later, and it smoked. I video taped it this time. I also found that the dealer, TS & S wanted me to drive it for awhile. So I smelled the dipstick oil. Chemical smell! It appears they put in the seal sweller chemical. So I had it immeadiatly changed. Saved a sample. Pew it stinks. I also have a sample of the oil from just before they rebuilt the engine at 2000 miles. It smells like regular oil. Both oils are from their shop. Fraud???Now the good part. The dealer called me today to say they are through with my car, never want to see it again, take it away or be charged a $50/day storage fee. They refuse to work on it further. And Chrysler is not stepping up to take care of it. It has been in the shop 4 times for several issues, and 3 for others, all in 2 months time, a total of 27 week days so far in the shop. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    damn nightmare...........
    lawyer time...
  • blink3blink3 Member Posts: 74
    Can anyone tell me exactly how this works??? As I understand it, at some (???)constant throttle, above 60mph 4 cylinders are deactivated.
    How are they deactivated? is BOTH spark AND fuel cut?

Thanks!
    Its actully easy to imagine hard to explain.

As computers have become much more reliable, the Detroit automakers are looking to use this basic concept a little bit more. In the mid 90's, Cadillac used a similar system; in the event of coolant loss, the computer would automatically shut off fuel and spark to 4 cylinders at a time, alternating at regular intervals to reduce heat buildup. But an advanced version of the 4-6-8 system was used in the design of the Cadillac Sixteen Concept a few years ago. I had also heard GM was planning on actually using the system again, but hadn't heard what they were using it on.

In a nutshell the car runs on the 1st and 2nd cyliners all the time ,then the msd system dispuses power as the throttle is pressed there no way to know when its in 4 cylinder mode other than the fact youll usually at crusiing speed.Keep in mind that 2 cylinders will be more worn than all the others,running at all times thats why a good breaking period is the most easy way to assure this engine will last.
    I heard the 2 cyliders are sleeved more than the other 6 ..
    The way I heard it the car counts nano seconds before the switch from 4to 8 cylinders.
    You cant feel it at all ..
    I did my best to explain what I feel is alien tech...LOl.
    More info I found..

5.7-LITER HEMI(R) V-8
    The modern HEMI engine offers more power and torque than any Chrysler
    Group vehicle passenger car engine since the legendary 426 HEMI of the '60s
    and '70s. Today's engine produces 340 hp @ 5000 rpm and 390 lb.-ft. of torque
    at 4000 rpm.
    The new HEMI has been engineered to deliver outstanding performance, and
    also provide minimal noise, vibration, and harshness, smoothness and low
    emissions. Fuel economy has also been improved, but not at the expense of
    performance. Chrysler Group has developed and will be the first to offer to
    offer Multi-Displacement System (MDS) on a modern, large volume vehicle in
    North America.
    "The Chrysler Group MDS seamlessly alternates between smooth, high fuel
    economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed, and V-8 mode when more
    power from the 5.7L HEMI engine is in demand," said Eric Ridenour, Executive
    Vice President Product Development Chrysler Group. "This optimizes fuel
    economy when V-8 power is not needed, without sacrificing vehicle performance
    -- 2005 Chrysler 300C and Dodge Magnum RT owners will get the maximum benefit
    without any compromises."
    Owners of the Dodge Magnum RT will receive the powerful benefit of the
    HEMI engine with the fuel economy that they would only expect from a smaller,
    less powerful engine.
    "The MDS was part of the engine's original design," said Bob Lee, Vice
    President Powertrain Product Team Chrysler Group. "This resulted in a
    cylinder-deactivation system that is elegantly simple and completely
    integrated into the engine design. The benefits are fewer parts, maximum
    reliability and lower cost."
    Some of the significant technologies enabling the Chrysler Group MDS are
    the speed of electronic controls, the sophistication of the algorithms
    controlling the systems and the use of Electronic Throttle Control ETC. The
    HEMI will be able to transition from eight cylinders to four in
    40 milliseconds (0.040 seconds).
    The HEMI engine with MDS has completed over 6.5 million customer-
    equivalent miles through Chrysler Group's development and durability testing.
    It is covered by the 7-Year/70,000-mile Limited Powertrain warranty.
    The HEMI engine that powers the Dodge Magnum RT uses aluminum cylinder
    heads with hemispherical combustion chambers for outstanding airflow leading
    to high power and torque. Dual ignition (two spark plugs per cylinder)
    increases peak power and torque, reduces exhaust emissions, increases fuel
    economy and provides a smooth idle. The combustion system has been refined
    and the engine uses direct-mount accessories for quiet operation.
    The engine is equipped with ETC which enables several of the technologies
    used to maximize vehicle smoothness, performance, safety and fuel economy.
    FIVE-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    The Chrysler Group's first five-speed automatic transmission for passenger
    cars provides a full range of transmission performance to match a great
    variety of driving styles, situations and road conditions.
    "This transmission offers Chrysler Group customers many benefits. The
    five-speed gear range provides a better balance of performance and fuel
    economy than a four-speed automatic transmission," said Ridenour. "Fully
    adaptive electronic control of all shifting makes the powertrain feel
    responsive without harshness."
    The transmission's physical attributes include compact size, robust design
    for high-torque rating and multiple features providing high efficiency. It
    also utilizes highly advanced electronic controls such as fully adaptive
    electronic control and Electronically Modulated Converter Clutch (EMCC).
    This five-speed automatic transmission and with all-wheel drive
    applications is standard equipment with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine on the
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT and with all-wheel drive applications. It is a
    DaimlerChrysler transmission built at the Indiana Transmission Plant II in
    Kokomo, Indiana.
    The ratio spread from first to the fifth was selected to minimize fuel
    consumption and reduce powertrain noise during cruising. An aggressive
    first-gear ratio provides excellent launch performance, and evenly spaced gear
    ratios provide smooth acceleration through the gears.
    World-class efficiency is achieved through physical and electronic means.
    This transmission uses bearings to reduce friction in many locations where
    other transmissions may utilize bushings. The transmission also uses a unique
    scavenging system that removes oil spun off of the rotating parts by
    centrifugal force through strategically placed slots in the outside of the
    case. This saves energy that would be consumed by internal parts rotating in
    oil. Lubricating holes in the clutches are also positioned to promote quick
    passage of the transmission fluid through the discs, minimizing viscous losses
    due to trapped oil.
    Fully adaptive electronic control of all shifting makes shifts very
    smooth. The system monitors the transmission as shifts occur and adjusts
    hydraulic pressure as needed. In so doing, the controls make the powertrain
    feel responsive without harshness. Driver recognition software alters shift
    points based on accelerator pedal usage, brake usage and lateral acceleration.
    This does not require a compromise between sporty and economical operation,
    nor is it a question of choosing one or the other.
    The Torque Management System uses engine-torque modeling to facilitate
    smooth transmission shifting. Because of ETC, torque management is more
    sophisticated and covers a broad torque range.
    The shift schedule adapts to individual driving style, driving situation
    and road conditions, altering shift points based on an accelerator pedal
    usage, brake usage, lateral acceleration, altitude and load on the car as a
    result of grades. Electronically controlled engine Torque Management System
    provides quick wide-open-throttle up shifts and quick two-step (4-2 or 3-1)
    kick-down shifts that are smoother than would be otherwise possible without
    this feature.

The transmission ratios are:
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Reverse
    3.58 2.19 1.41 1.00 0.83 3.17

Through EMCC, torque converter clutch slippage is electronically modulated
    and provides for partial engagement in third, fourth or fifth gears. This
    results in improved shift feel, fuel economy, driveability and cooling. It
    can be used at lower speeds to provide benefits over a broad speed range. The
    system disengages as required to provide optimal performance.

FOUR-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    The 42RLE four-speed automatic transmission is a variant of the 42LE
    automatic transmission used on previous Chrysler Group vehicles. It was
    developed for the Dodge Magnum and is included with both V-6 engines on
    rear-wheel drive models.
    This four-speed automatic features fully adaptive electronic control of
    all shifting for smooth operation. Similar to the five-speed, it uses the
    Torque Management System to smoothly execute quick wide-open-throttle up
    shifts and down shifts. It also uses EMCC to electronically modulate torque
    converter lockup and provide for partial engagement in third or fourth gears.
    This results in improved shift feel, fuel economy, driveability and cooling.

The transmission ratios are:
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th Reverse
    2.84 1.57 1.00 0.69 2.21
    The 2006 Dodge Magnum Multi-Displacement System (MDS) allows the 5.7-litre HEMI® V8 engine to combine the power of a V8 with the fuel efficiency of a large V6 engine.

This ingenious system selectively and seamlessly deactivates half of the engine's cylinders while cruising and operates all eight cylinders while idling, accelerating and responding to heavy load conditions.

The final result is full power when you need it and up to 20% more fuel economy savings overall.
    That is what I was wondering about was the reliability in the long run. If 2 cylinders are always firing, then some are and some aren't, the wear on the cylinder walls/rings, buildup of carbon on top of pistons increasing comp. ratios, etc. Hmmmmmm. I guess only time will tell. Anyone have some serious miles on their Magnum? I am looking at getting one of these but I travel appx. 1000+ miles per week and many times I am out in the middle of no where so I need something extrememly reliable. I have liked the Dodge products because of their simplicity but looks like that is all gone, replaced with sensors and controls and what not.
    6.5 million miles on the DC test hemis showed no problems..
    I can assure you its not like the old Dodges,lol.More mercedes than dodge.
    Police agenies are going to the Magnum and charger for use DC really put the Hemi thru the ringer to capture that market ..They really went to the wall with this engine it burns very clean .......
    I asked myself all the same questions you have before I bought and have never looked back ..
    3000 miles on my RT AWD and not a single issue .I do know people with about 50k on thier mags, and the same holds true.
    Thankgod
    Very cool !!!!
    My brother who drive nothing but Audi's was in town this weekend and drove our Magnum RT AWD tonight to pick a few things up at the store.
    He returned and just was freaking what a great ride the car had not to mention tons of power.........Hes buying one also asap his Saab wagon just had the turbo go out the they are not happy..
    Too put it lightly we are a bit spoiled we have had some awsome rides in the past but the magnum is a total surprise and a treat ..
    You cant go wrong..Just baby her and be light on the pedal till you have approx 2k on the car ..
  • rickingoldenrickingolden Member Posts: 1
    Dodge Magnum 3.5 AWD has a shake in the front end. Dealer can not fix it after 8-10 visits. Not tires or wheels. Worst at about 61mph. Have seen the same problem in several other new Magnums. Has been a problem with mine from when it was new to now 27K miles. Other Dealers have seen this and have no fix.
    Anyone else?
  • msnekamsneka Member Posts: 1
    The air conditioning went out in my Magnum last week, right when the temp went to 90. It has been at the dealership for two days now. They keep telling me that they are still looking at it but it seems to be a computer problem. Also my check engine lights goes on and off a lot. They put it on the diagnostic machine but stated that it doesn's show a code. My car in not under warranty anymore because I travel alot. I had an extended warranty and got behind on the payments. When i called 2 weeks after they cancelled to pay off the balance, they refused and asked for payment in full. (including $500 payments already made) :cry: :mad: :lemon:
  • don_ecdon_ec Member Posts: 1
    My wife has a right pull in her car and we have taken it back to the dealer aproximately 5 times. My wife and I are tired of this drawing out so long. I have read posts in other forums about TSB's which supposedly have a fix.
    How does a person gain access to this information, in order to present the service manager/ sales mgr. with this information. They both said that they had never heard of this happening to a Magnum.
    Also if I can get them to buy back the car, what is a fair price for milleage?
    Thank you for your help, Don
  • bbfd86bbfd86 Member Posts: 42
    I’ve been having a weird problem with my new ’05 Magnum. I bought after market rims from Tirerack.com (Borbet Type FS) for the stock Continental summer tires. I first had new Continental snow tires (also from Tire Rack) on these rims for 3,000 miles without any problems. I then switched the summer tires onto the new rims. The car has had sluggish steering and an unstable ride ever since. The dealer is replacing the stock tires with new Goodyear tires as the stock Continentals have apparently been very problematic. A senior Chrysler technician has spent a lot of time trying to figure out what is wrong. They think the new rims from Tire Rack may be throwing the suspension and steering off. The dealer has been great about trying to fix this issue, so no problem there. Has anyone had similar problems with after-market rims from Tire Rack?
  • bbfd86bbfd86 Member Posts: 42
    The dealer has replaced the Continental tires with new Goodyears. That made a big difference - the car handles much better now. They are also going to replace the steering rack.
  • tncarmantncarman Member Posts: 82
    I bought an '06 Magnum R/T a few months ago and the air conditioning keeps going out. After 10 minutes it just dies. Today, it even started using heater on the Passenger side. We have the Dual-Climate Zone. Is there a way to fix it? I know the dealer would just start the car and it'd work and they'd cut it off, wouldn't wait 20 minutes...
  • coolridercoolrider Member Posts: 84
    My Mag R/T is not driven every day; I had thought that this was the reason for the brakes to squeeel loudly while cold, backing out of the garage. A neighbor says no, that something is wrong with the brakes. It does not do it in forward motion, but at low speed there is some scrubbing noise in the front end. Could they need adjusting, bad rotor maybe? At first I was thinking it was just new, or rust was building up on unused surface of rotor. I have limited knowledge of brakes and would like some ideas before I visit the dealer. Could this be the cause of low milage? Thanks forum users.
    If your car is driven infrequently, especially if it is parked outside (or your garage is very humid), it is highly likely that surface rust is causing the grinding. That having been said, this type of grinding should only last for a few stops and then be gone for the duration of the trip.

If your car has a persistent grinding noise, they yes, I too would advise that you take it to the dealer.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • badkitty1badkitty1 Member Posts: 2
    I saw where someone had posted that they had a rattle coming from the front of their Magnum that seemed to "travel". I couldn't find his post again to reply to it, so I thought I would put this up in case anyone else has this problem.

I have an 05 SXT w/ 46000 miles (I drive alot!) Since I pulled it off the lot, it had a weird rattle that got worse in hot weather and was loudest on the right side but would also come from the driver's side. I took it to the dealer 5 times. They felt so bad once, they gave me a free wash and detail! Well, we finally figured it out. I figured out it seemed to be coming from the fender area and it turns out the plastic wheel well was rattling against the fender. A few clips installed still under the basic warranty since that is when the problem started to happen and I am now rattle free and happy. :shades:

I thought the service tech was going to cry when I told him it was finally fixed!

BTW, I LOVE my magnum. I love all the check it out looks I get and I love passing everyone in traffic! I knew buying a car in it's first production year would mean some bugs, but they have all been taken care of and my dealership has been great. I didn't even buy the car from them, but they act like I did.
  • coolridercoolrider Member Posts: 84
    Thanks shipo, I will pay attention to the "sounds" on the way home next trip out probably to watch the shuttle launch next week hopefully.
  • pfedericipfederici Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2005 Magnum RT and recently my moonroof has seemed to slip. It doesn't seat correctly when closed and is a problem in the car wash. Has anyone had a similar problem?
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    There have been several TSB's on moonroof issues on both the Magnum and 300. Check with your dealer on that.
  • lennyskylennysky Member Posts: 8
    I have found that, on the sunroof (which I assume is the same as a moonroof), if I turn the car off and press the close button, it sometimes stops half way and you have to press the button again. I don't think I have had the problem with the motor running. Anyone find this happen to them as well?
  • karicramerkaricramer Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: My 05 Mag SXT ESP/BAS dash light is on. I've taken it to dodge 3 times now to get fixed. They keep telling me that it's a communication module failure. The last "repair" was the other day, the light came back on this morning and now the passenger side airbag light is staying off when it should be lit since I'm alone in the vehicle (if that makes sense). Has anyone else experienced this problem? :lemon:
  • luckytikiluckytiki Member Posts: 1
    Hello I'm new here and unfortunately my first post is a mechanical problem...

I just bought a 2006 SXT 3.5L w/ 12K miles and a few times it's had problems starting. It acts like it's flooded or not getting gas and only starts after pumping the gas and than holding it down to clear it out several times; it idles rough for a few minutes and than is fine. It only does this when it sits for a couple hours or more, but not all the time. After about the third time the check engine light came on and has stayed on (it's only been a day or so since it came on with minimal driving).

It just came off the lot and is still under warranty, so I will be taking it in first thing when they open, but I'm interested if anyone has experienced this and knows what's going on. Thanks,
    -Russ
  • red67red67 Member Posts: 2
    Problems? Where do I begin. Purchased my 05 SXT used w/30,000 miles on it in May of 2006.

Here's my list:
    Clear coat peeled at the molding and door handles on drivers side of car.
    Sun roof rattles when fully opened
    Car pulls to the right
    Rattle under the left front end (am told it could be a loose bolt on the swaybar)
    Something underneath sounds like it's flapping when you're going 60mph or so, we think it might be those plastic protectors under there.
    Passenger window on the drivers side sometimes won't go up or down.
    The inside door panels on all 4 doors are loose, you can actually push them in and see them move, it's like they aren't latched in all the way.

It's outside of the dealer warranty period so now we're stuck trying to figure out what's wrong ourselves. It's been in the garage 2 times and nobody seems to be able to fix it. Very frustrating.

We're actually considering trading it for something else. We owned a Chevy for 6 years and put tires, brakes an alternator & battery on it and it was solid as a rock. Never a squeek or rattle at all.

I was hesitant to buy a Dodge, I think I know why now. Very disappointing, we probably won't get anything for trade in.
  • sweetabeesweetabee Member Posts: 2
    I love my Magnum. As with any car their can be a problem one or have some issues with them. We have a Cadilac STS and the car has been in the dealer for 31 days which is now considered a lemon.

I have had a few issues with the magnum, I had to replace the tires went from continentals to good year. At 36,000 minles I needed to replace my rear brakes, thankfully the fronts were replaced 10,000 miles ago due to a defect in materials they were covered completely - a little tussle with the dealer but they covered them 100 %.

I do a have problem with the passenger rear window creating a suction that at times if too hot outside I cannot open but i face the airconditioning towards the window and then it will go down. The dealer has put silicone spray o nthe moldings but it will still do it from time to time.
    A

As I said I love my Car, I get great comments about hte car, it handles great.
  • gboomergboomer Member Posts: 6
    Just got recall notice #F35 in the mail. "The engine in your vehicle may have been assembled with sand-like debris on the number two connecting rod bearing journal of the crankshaft. This can cause excessive rod bearing wear and result in engine failure."
    Says they will inspect the engine and if necessary replace the engine.

Anyone else see this notice or experience this problem?
  • scarab22scarab22 Member Posts: 6
    Nothing yet !!!!

What year is your car ? Is it a later model. I have a 2005, but purchased in Nov. 2004.