Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Magnum Maintenance & Repair

123457»

Comments

• sabobasaboba Posts: 5
    I did allot to try and get the issue fixed replaced the alternator and the battery and the head lights and the switch all thinking that was the issue in my 2005. I ended up hearing there was a updated controll module flash and pai them to do the flash was like 120 And they took and hour and Half but the issue went away following that no of the other things showed up. I ended up getting rid of mine because I did not want to deal with the issue again if it came back but the flickers is the brain telling the car the battery does not need the power so the battery looses charge and then ends up needing to get replaced. Good luck hope this helps.
  • Headlight control switch replaced lights fixed.car is still stalling ,on the freeway powers down but catches itself surges back up,did stall going under 45 and in walmart parking lot.service light now comes on .the code it gave on sun at autozone was u0100 .going back to dealership in morning.ive read that it's a bad tcm it's losing communication with ECM .please help Houston
  • Northwest dodge , it was the contol light switch caused short fried pcm problem fixed.1164.48 later thats not cool at all.
  • My husband purchased a 2006 Dodge Magnum (Hemi). And whenever we go on a long trip ( approx. 100 miles) we hear an “alert warning sound”. Similar to what you would hear when fuel is low. Except it’s 2 chimes and nothing on the dashboard lights up to signal a problem. It will happen, maybe once or twice within an hour period of the drive and then never again for the remainder of the trip. It happens going and coming. We cannot figure out why or link it to anything happening at the time. I will say it happens after driving about 100 miles. Usually the elevation is higher than normal (Pennsylvania), but that’s it. We’ve done the same trip twice and both times this happened. I’ve looked through the manual and can’t find anything that helps. We’ve had the car for a year and it only happens during this long trips, never during local driving. Any ideas??!!
  • Run it by autozone to see what code its shooting.
  • Will it still show a code based on the chime alone? Even if nothing is "lighting" up in the dash as a problem?
  • Yes .it may be that the system just needs to be flashed this has fixed many others issues.
  • bluphibluphi Posts: 1
    Thank you guys so much for the advice on having my computer flashed. It has stopped the headlights and interior lights from blinking and also the battery light from coming on. I had the alternator checked and replaced my battery and it continued to flash. It was puzzling me to know end. Then I googled Magnum electrical problems and found this forum. The best thing I've done all year. Thanks again for saving me time and money.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,910

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Any advice with this post is greatly appreciated. I own a 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT, and I have changed every oxygen sensor on it. However, the check engine light still remains on, but that is not my primary concern. About a week ago, my car was hesitating to start, so, I had the battery tested and it needed to be replaced. I did that, but the other problem that really concerns me is that they have a light on the dashboard of an electric bolt, and it is flashing at all times. I read that means that your vehicle needs servicing immediately. My problem is that I have fixed many things myself on the car because people just try to rip you off, but I am clueless as to where to even start with this. I am also getting terrible fuel usage, and my car seems to not accelerate any faster then 75 mph. Could this possibly be the catalytic converter? The reason I ask that is because it has been mentioned to me before. Once again any advice is much appreciated.
  • I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum that I bought new with less than 100 miles on it. I now have over 220k on it and it's been doing great until the past 6 months. The problems got worse today. I need some help on what to do. I'm on a VERY limited budget, would like to fix whatever I can myself. As you can tell by the mileage, this is my only vehicle, I can't afford to have it in the repair shop nor can I afford costly repairs. So here's the issues. For the past 3 months, the car has been stalling. Its usually when decelerating or coming to a stop. I don't lose power anywhere else, the radio and ac still work fine. But the RPM's drop to zero so you know it's off. Throw it in neutral, quickly refire and keep going. There's no rhyme or reason behind it other than the stalling usually happens when decelerating or stopping. A couple of times I have pulled to red lights and noticed that the temp gauge is on C and the fan is running constantly but I have been on the road long enough that it shouldn't be cold. So turn it off and turn it back on and the gauge is fixed. So yesterday I pull out of a gas station and onto a side road and it died before I got to the stop sign. So a good Samaritan helped me get it pulled into a lot and jumped me off. Went to Sam's and bought a new battery. Seemed to fix that issue. But the RPM's are all over the place, hitting the gas in park doesn't immediately rev the engine. Hitting it very softly will sometimes rev the engine VERY high. I will say the car doesn't stall as much when the ac is off. So I took it to have the codes read and came up with four different ones. P0116 (engine coolant temp), P0562 (System Voltage Low), P0700 (Transmission Control System) and U1403 (something with the gas system). Today I browse some forums and they say to pull fuse 11. Did that and now the car will start and turn off very quickly. It won't stay running. Kept playing with it and finally got it to stay on but before I get to the end of the drive way it's dead again.
    HELP!!! What is causing my issues?!?!?! I know I need to do some general maintenance to the car like spark plugs but would that cause all these issues???? Any and all advice is welcome.
  • ironman45ironman45 Posts: 1

my dodge magnum 3.5 high output has 113k miles on it. and for some time it is consuming a quart of oil about every 1000 miles. never had a new car that used oil like that. it doesn't leak or smoke. can anyone help me figure this out ? one dodge mechanic said this is normal. any other info ?

• chryslergroupchryslergroup Posts: 34

Hello ironman45,

Industry Standards for Normal Engine Oil Consumption:

Mileage below 50,000 miles / 80,000 kilometers: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 1,000 miles driven / one litre for every 1600 km's driven. Mileage above 50,000 miles / 80,000 kilometers: Normal oil consumption is one quart for each 750 miles driven / one litre for every 1200 km's driven.

Oil consumption can vary, in each vehicle, due to many different circumstances. Some of the following are examples under which oil consumption may increase on a vehicle:

1. Age and mileage due to normal engine wear.
    2. During engine break-in time, typically up to about 7500 miles
    3. During severe service use such as heavy loading, towing, off road, etc.
    4. Sustained high speed driving.
    5. If there is a failure to comply with recommended oil type and viscosity ratings as outlined in the owners manual.

In order for excessive oil consumption to be determined, a supervised oil consumption test must be performed by the dealership, and an evaluation made.

Lisa Customer Care Chrysler Group LLC

123457»