Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 and newer Lincoln Navigators

124»

Comments

• gteach26gteach26 Member Posts: 576
    Going off of memory here...cap cost on the deal was just over $52K. If I recall correctly the MSRP on the truck was $56,610 (it has the elite pckg and the 20 inch chrome wheels).

I'm not an auto expert by any means, but I get the strong feeling that 07 Navi's are selling REAL CLOSE to invoice if not BELOW invoice. The 08's are a bit higher but not by much. Lincoln currently has some good incentives on the truck. Check out Lincoln's website and put in your zip for the latest incentive info -- if not search these boards for "carman" and he'll give you the latest specials.

Bottom line, I think you can get a VERY good deal on these trucks now -- and the quality is impressive. Go for it, and good luck!!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's pretty easy to ask Car_man for current deals or money factors over in the Lincoln Navigator: Prices Paid & Buying Experience and Lincoln Navigator: Lease Questions discussions. Kyfdx isn't any slouch over in Prices Paid either. :shades:
  • nedzelnedzel Member Posts: 787
    "My REAL goal here is to buy some time until I can get into the new Lexus LX570 coming out early next year (can't figure why they can't fold that darn third row flat, but anyways...)"

That's because the LX570, like the GMT900s, uses a solid rear axle. Consequently, there is no room for the folding third seat. The upcoming Sequoia will have an independent rear suspension and thus a folding rear seat. It isn't clear yet when the new Sequoia will be released -- calender 2008 or 2009.
  • friedmikefriedmike Member Posts: 37
    Just bought the 2007 Navigator with Elite Pkg. Very comfortable ride. Quirky questions:

1. Dealer replaced tire pressure sensors. The sensor light was still on after leaving the dealership and he said the vehicle needed 200-300 miles of driving before they would reset. Does that sound right?

2. When I get out of the car, the rear passenger doors remain locked, even after the car is shut off unles i manually go and unlock the doors by pressing the key remote or the unlock switch inside. Child safety locks are NOT on. Adults can't exit the rear seat until I unlock the doors for them. Seems rediculous. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Thanks.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    I don't know the exact answers but I do know if you open that little book in the glove compartment it will take about 3 minutes to find the answers. I can tell you the rear door locks are normal and all Fords work that way. There may be an auto-unlock function available that will unlock them automatically - but you'll have to read the OM to find out.
  • vlombardivlombardi Member Posts: 1
    I recently picked up my 08 Navigator L and it is the first one for me. I love this truck, however I have one complaint regarding the headlights. When driving at night and over rough payement/potholes I noticed that the headlights flicker as if either the assembly is loose. Wen driving over bumps in the road the projected headlight beam seems to flicker as if the lights are loose giving off a strobe light effect. Are there any other 07/08 Nav owners out there that noticed this smae problem if so what was done to correct it. This is my only complaint and it is making me nutz. Enough so that I would get rid of the truck. Please write back if you have noticed this problem with your 07/08 Nav.
    Get rid of the truck? Good grief - you have a 4 yr warranty - let the dealer fix it. I'm sure that's not normal.
  • jb7227jb7227 Member Posts: 86
    Just picked up my new Black/Black Navigator on 11/20..what a ride! I had an 05, and loved it...but the 08 is head and shoulders above it! The exterior grew on me after a while..wasnt sure at first, but love it now. The interior is what really sold me..and I have the optional "premium" leather seats, which are covered with the softest leather you will find on any car. The ride is very quiet, and Lincoln-smooth...and although it does feel a little sluggish off the line, once underway there is no shortage of power. I have put on 300 miles in 2 days, and averaged 16.5 mpg...not bad IMO. Do yourself a favor and drive one..you will love it!
  • Relax! HID headlights have to be this way. They are self-leveling. That means if you hit a patch of bumpy road they will have to respond to those bumps, like it or not. They self-level all the time in order to not blind oncoming drivers.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter seeks consumers who drive large SUVs. Please send your daytime contact information to [email protected] no later than Friday, December 14, 2007.
    I purchased one of the first 2008 Navi's in my area last August.

I've seen several sites suggesting that the new SYNC system IS available on my truck.

All of the "official" SYNC stuff I can find on the web suggests that it is not. Calling the dealership will probably hopeless and I don't want to go in just to ask a question.

My instruction manual doesn't mention SYNC at all.

Can anyone confirm if SYNC is, in fact available on the 2008 Navigator? If so, how do I activate it, and if not, can I have it installed?

Thanks to all "ford folks" who help out around here!!
  • dds010dds010 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone know what other changes the Navi will have when it gets the 6.2, hopefully almost a complete redesign of everything on the outside INCLUDING the body shell which would allow them to change the shape of it which hasnt been done since 1998
    Only the 6.2L engine has been leaked so far. No word on sheetmetal changes. It is needed but OTOH Ford has a lot of other areas that need improvement and they can't do everything at once.
  • dds010dds010 Member Posts: 33
    They need to focus on the Navi not sharing almost ever body panel with the Expedition, and taking some of its curb weight off
  • navpowernavpower Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard abour Saleen releasing a supercharger for the Navigator?
  • ihatemyteacherihatemyteacher Member Posts: 1
    Hey im doing a project for school. Does anyone know the price of a 4 steel-belted radial, michelin tires that would fit a Lincoln navigator?

Thanks.
    Go to tirerack.com and it will show you tires with prices that fit any vehicle you choose.
    I've had my 2008 gator for over 6 months and now that I've settled into the beast I wanted to post a few comments on the truck in case anyone out there is interested...

Driving impression-- whisper quiet and ultra smooth. No steering wheel vibrations at all -- even at high speeds. I don't know how they could make this truck any quieter or smoother feeling on the road. Nice!

Acceleration -- the 300 horses seem fine to me. I never feel like I need more juice -- the truck responds nicely to my foot. I get around 11-14 MPG. Filling up the beast from empty costs over 80 bucks -- regular gas. However, if you're going to complain about gas prices, I don't recommend you get a full size SUV.

SYNC -- I am a little annoyed that SYNC was not made available for the 08 model -- and upgrading does not seem to be possible. I miss bluetooth.

Rearview camera -- nice and USEFUL feature on the rearview mirror. I can see the logic of putting in the rearview mirror, but the image is a little small though -- I would've preferred it on the nav screen.

Brake dust -- HUGE improvement over the '03 model I had a few years ago. The 20 inch chrome wheels stay VERY clean. The little brake dust that does accumulate is a very fine, grayish color that can hardly be seen from a few feet away. I want to thank the folks at ford for fixing that problem. My '03 Gator had a horrible break dust problem -- the rims would become black with soot after a day or two of normal driving.

Parking sensors -- FORD.... PLEASE PUT PARKING SENSORS IN THE FRONT END OF THIS TRUCK. I'm always scared that I'll hit the car or wall infront of me when parking. The large, tall hood makes it very difficult to gauge distances infront of you. The rear sensors/camera combo are GREAT!

Keys: This truck still uses the conventional key plus key fob system. I hope Ford considers putting in a "smart key" option on future gators. Not having to pull out a key or key fob to open/lock the doors plus turn on the truck would a very nice and useful feature for me. My old Lexus LS 430 with smart key spoiled me rotten!

Styling -- Inside:
    Very luxurious, high quality "looking and feeling" materials throughout the cabin. Everything is well laid out and the center console is pure ART. The seats are thick and fat with a nice leather feel.

I'm not crazy about the square instrument gauges though. I would also prefer a more "lexusish" gear shifter -- it's just a personal preference, but I like the thinner, wood knob, zig zag design of other lux cars/trucks. Also, a power telescoping steering wheel (power tilt is there) should've been included.

Outside:
    I had to convince myself to like the front end. I can certainly see why some say the front resembles a shaver or cheese grater! It's one of those unconventional looks though, that with time, grew on me. The rear end is okay, it's just a big square flat butt, nothing special or horrible about it.

The power folding running boards, power liftgate, and power fold flat third row continue to be amazing features that you quickly learn to take for granted. When you try out other trucks without these features you'll find it very hard to see yourself living without them.

Overall impression -- I could not find another full size lux SUV that offered the room and the luxury that the gator does. Mechanically, the truck has been rock solid so far and it seems like Ford has really taken their "quality is job one" motto seriously. These trucks always seem to be discounted quite heavily, too - -so the price resprensts a decent value.

To me, the Escalade looks nicer, but the third row is a joke and a deal breaker for me. The Mercedes GL looks fantastic, but the third row is too small -- even though it folds flat. The infiniti QX is a real contender -- great third row, lots of techno goodies, and a very nice, recently updated interior...but I think the exterior styling is a mess. That truck looks like it was pasted together in three seperate blocks -- and the front is even more of an "aquired taste" than the gator.

Overall, I'm happy with the Navigator. For those price shopping, I got the 4X2 version with the elite package and 20 inch chromes. Got it on a 24 month lease (getting new cars every couple of years is my only vice :))), it all came out to a little less that two grand to start and eight hundred bucks a month for two years. These trucks are in plentiful supply so you probrably could do better with stronger negotiation. Local ads in my area have the truck leasing for 39 months at $600 per month plus tax with a TRUE sign and drive. I doubt you get the elite package and the chromes for that price though.

Okay, enough rambling..... I hope some nugget in this LONG post helps someone.

Oh, and host, how about changing the name of the thread to "2007 and newer Navigators" or something like that?

Take care all!!
    Time flies. :shades:

Thanks for the hint, and thanks for the review!
  • troyd75826troyd75826 Member Posts: 1
    what is supposed to fit in the molded plastic tray under the top cover of the center console? the Kleenex Jr. box that fit in the previous generation no longer fits. This is really bothering me. What is supposed to go there?

Thanks
    Troy
  • montobahnmontobahn Member Posts: 11
    My exact feelings and experience almost to the word!

I would add to your review the absence of a cabin air filter. To me, this oversight is not befitting a luxury vehicle of this class.
    Good question. I searched and searched but it seems the only thing that will fit in there is the tiny softshell packs meant to go in purses.

I like and use the pen clips on the sides of the holder, though.

Why design a tissue box holder that won't hold any typically found tissue boxes -- I don't know.

Ford folks in here... any hints?
  • the_big_althe_big_al Member Posts: 1,079
    that the Lincoln now trails the Caddy in terms of sales and "quality", especially when Lincoln was first to the market and Cadillac had to rush an Escalade to market. The first Navagator at least was different enough from the Expedition to warrant it's higher cost, but the first Escalade was nothing more than a Yukon with a Cadillac badge. The thing was atrocious for how much it cost.

Now the Escalade is the vehicle Lincoln is trying to measure up too? What happened there? FWIW I think the Escalade is a better vehicle, even the 1st one. I'll probably never own one, but only because It'll be years before I can think about owning one and I would much rather own something a little more practical.
    I just read that Ford has shut down the plant that churns out Expeditions and Navigators until at least late August due to slow sales.

Is this true?
  • You sound like Byron Katie ("is that true?")!

These have to be some of the toughest models to move right now. Very few people actually need the capabilities of the very largest SUVs, and if you don't there are many compelling CUVs out there with greater refinement, about as much usable room and better mpg, Ford provides these two models with only one thirsty and relatively weak (to the class) engine choice, not to mention the dated styling. They could probably close off production for most of the rest of the year and not lose any more $$$ than they are now.
  • cpoole13cpoole13 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a used 2008 Navigator last month. It has many bells and whistles. What it does not have is the Hands Free Phone option. There is a phone button on the dash, but it does nothing when pushed. Can this option be activated and if so, at what cost? Thanks in advance for your help.
    I have an 08 Navi, too. No SYNC option was available on this truck. There is a dealer instaleld option available but I think the method/hookups vary by dealer. I think they put the phone button there for "future" use. Pretty strange to put a useless button on there, huh?

By the way.. the Navi has been a GREAT ride so far. I am giving her up this summer at lease end. Has anyone heard if they are still making these puppies?
  • markdimarkdi Member Posts: 33
    What technological advancements did Cadillac make?

Did you know that the navigator has an independant rear axle?
    I test drove both, and I did not notice any underpower you speak of about the navigator. In fact, I thought it had more acceleration. Are you talking about acceleration, or shear power as in towing? Acceleration and "power" do not mean the same thing-please clarify. If you want a fat vehicle, then an suv is not the right vehicle. A small electric car might be the quickest. What are you looking for? Get a BMW M series if you want a powerful engine.
    Hmmm. I dont even own a Nav, but I test drove both. The nav looks more refined, does not have cheap plastic gawdy interior trim like the escalade, and has a nicer drive. If any one of them has BLING, it is the ESCALADE! That thing is a terrible rap star looking gawdy thing. You did not mention that nobody "needs" an ESCALADE! DId you know that a new escalade is about 75 grand? That is WAY more than a Nav. Who is kidding who?

Nobody NEEDS a home over 100,000 dollars either! We dont need shore houses either. So we should get rid of them all right? I am sure that Cadillac has a whole bunch of irrational purchasers just like YOU!
    Well, I like the luxury, and I am smart too-that is why I buy used, and ONLY used. Buy one 3 years old, and it is much less than a tahoe or denali. Has a full warranty, and still looks new! No brainer. New cars are for chumps that like to waste money.
    ummmm
    dont be ashamed
    just dont buy it! duh
    I love it!
    It is a moot point.
    If there is a range rover in it-forget it-they suck.
    MDX? Too small -not in the same category.
    I need to tow big! That means mdx, and range rover is out.
    There are a lot of factors, besides those magazines get free trips and all kinds of perks, and it is their job-I would not trust them-BELIEVE in yourself! Test drive and buy what YOU like.
    You should be DRIVING-not talking. You can get a blue tooth accessory for your phone at BEST BUY-hmmmm maybe for 49 bucks, or do you want it rolled in the proce of the car for 490 bucks?
    You need a lesson-Cadillac is good, but not the best. BMW actually makes a much better car, but their x5 is built on a car frame-not a truck frame.
    Cadillac and Lincoln are very comparable. This is not rocket science.
    On Star is a joke!
    My parents where in a bad accident with their cadillac and the on star agent was arguing with them about their location-they where in error by 100 miles!

How often are you in an accident where NO one is around? And everyone has a cell phone anymore. Plus it cost money for the service-useless. I would never use it.
    Oh I left my keys in the car-thanks on star-that was worth a few hundred bucks a year!!:)
    It's nice to breathe a little life into the forum but I'm not sure that replying to four year old posts is making the air any fresher. :)
    ditto-well put
    large chrome wheels on an suv are counter intuitive-they look stupid
    You would spend your money on, or you did?
    You dont even own any of these-how can you comment on them if you dont own them?
    soooo. do you like the cheap birds eye swirl look of the escalade better? At least the nav looke like real wood. The escalade leaves nothing to the imagination-it is all plastic. Cheap and loose fitting. The climate controls look like something from the 80's.
    I actually set out to buy an escalade, only because that is what I saw first. I test drove it 3 times. One thing stuck in my mind-the ultra cheap plastic wood. Does not even try to look like wood. Everything was flimsy. The steering was sloppy, and when you went over bumps, it felt like a 10 year old car with 200k miles on it. Why? Because my current suv is a BMW X5. This is the epitomy of tight steering, and well appointed interiors. Nothing flimsy here. However, I need a larger vehicle with a better tow rating.
    I test drove the Navigator one time, and I was sold immediately. Tight steering almost as good as the BMW. Super smooth suspension. Very quiet interior. Interior was built much better. WAY better vehicle than the Cadillac.
This discussion has been closed.