Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Comments

• junobearjunobear Member Posts: 22
    Thanks, Car_man. It's amazing how flexible the pricing can be, in my experience this last week or so. My advice to anyone is to shop around. Deals can absolutely be made -- and I'm pretty thrilled with the one I ended up making.

Sidenote: maybe I'm in the minority, but I really did enjoy those Premium reports that edmunds.com once sold. They helped me consolidate my information, and, at $10 each, I thought a good deal. Not sure when you guys stopped doing them, but glad to see edmunds.com still looking hearty.
  • tjw7tjw7 Member Posts: 25
    how does this lease deal seem for a 2011 crv-ex-4wd 2011 CR-V 4WD EX Automatic Transmission
    MSRP $26,255.00
    Sale Price $24,102.16
    Residual $15,753.00 (60% of MSRP1)
    Financing 0.00078 money factor
    Mileage 15,000 Miles/Year
    Term 36 Months
    Credit Preferred (709-660)
    Monthly Payment Due at Signing
    $280.00 $519.00
    $297.50 including 6.25% tax $536.50 including 6.25% tax
    If you're curious how we arrived at this payment, check this box to see our detailed view.
    The amount due at signing consists of $239.00 documentation fee and $280.00 first month's payment.
    dealer is in weymouth,ma and i am in sullivan county,ny
  • sirk98sirk98 Member Posts: 7
    Am thinking about a Kia Soul, but stumbled into a Honda dealership and walked out with following offer (time to consider the CRV, I think! Not thrilled about gas mileage diff, tho):

Lease term: 36 months
    Mileage: 15k

2011 CRV-SE 4WD
    Purchase price: 23410
    MSRP: forgot to note :-(
    Residual: 60% of MSRP
    Money factor: .00078

$1266 due at signing (think it was $695 acquisition fee, $300 dmv fee, $289 first pmt)

$289 a month lease pmt including NYC taxes (8.875%)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome junobear. I'm glad that you're happy with the deal that you were able to make.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • tjw7tjw7 Member Posts: 25
    dear car man, did i insult you? hope not but never got a reply to the following lesehow does this lease deal seem for a 2011 crv-ex-4wd 2011 CR-V 4WD EX Automatic Transmission
    MSRP $26,255.00
    Sale Price $24,102.16
    Residual $15,753.00 (60% of MSRP1)
    Financing 0.00078 money factor
    Mileage 15,000 Miles/Year
    Term 36 Months
    Credit Preferred (709-660)
    Monthly Payment Due at Signing
    $280.00 $519.00
    $297.50 including 6.25% tax $536.50 including 6.25% tax
    If you're curious how we arrived at this payment, check this box to see our detailed view.
    The amount due at signing consists of $239.00 documentation fee and $280.00 first month's payment.
    dealer is in weymouth,ma and i am in sullivan county,ny
    thanks
  • kfitzykfitzy Member Posts: 2
    I hate to sound stupid but if the monthly payment on a lease is what I care about, (I've seen the deals others have gotten)do I need to know all that other stuff? I'm going to test drive one tomorrow.
  • john628john628 Member Posts: 2
    Hi I just got quoted $330ish a month for a lease for the Crv EX-L with no navigation and " 0 " out of pocket I am hoping to get a little more knocked down but not sure. I was told they had a bunch of 2011 CRV'S coming in next week, they have been delayed due to the sunami
    Good Luck!
  • njcrv2011njcrv2011 Member Posts: 7
    Is this a good deal??

2011 CR-V EX-L w/NAV

$0 down

$1700.00 Taxes and doc fees first payment $350.

$350.00 a month before taxes = $375 w/tax NJ

36mo./12k per year

Free oil changes for 3 years.

Comes to about $138 for every $10000 which is under the $150 for every $10000 calculation.

Good deal???? TIA!!!
  • slytekslytek Member Posts: 12
    Sounds like a rip off. You are also off in your calculation, it should be $100 in lease payment for every $10000. EX-L w/ NAV with $1700 out of pocket should be $300-$320 total per month! See example of my lease in my earlier post.
    edited September 2011
    "(I just cut this deal in Cortland, OH. I think its decent compared to other deals posted here.
    I put down total of $1680 OTD. This included first month payment. I now have 35 payments left of $300 even. This is 36month lease, 12k annually. Glacier Blue Metallic. Residual was 60% and money factor 0.00078. MSRP was $28675 and i negotiated down to $26679 (Base Cap Cost) "

So basically if I compare my deal to yours im paying $50 a month more than you for just Nav correct?

also below is something I found on the net.

"Any lease that costs less than $150 per month per $10,000 worth of vehicle is a good lease deal"

http://www.realcartips.com/leasing/0439-good-lease-deal.shtml

Is this bad info???
  • momimomi Member Posts: 2
    Hi

Can you tell me which dealer gave you that deal?
    I'm also from NJ and I was looking for an EX-L today with no navigation, and the dealer would not get below 377 a month with a 3800 OTD payment.
    I would love to get to your dealer

Thanks
    Well after finding the forum and much negotiating (2 days 4-5 hours each day) I ended up getting a Pilot.

Honda Pilot EX-L W/NAV silver/grey leather - right under touring model.
    $1572.00 (title taxes fees etc)+428 first month.
    12k 36 mo. 428 a month w/tax.

After really looking at the CRV we decided for the price difference we could do the Pilot which in my opinion is way more car for the $$$.
  • momimomi Member Posts: 2
    Hi

Could you tell me where you got that deal?
    I would like to take a car with this lease
    Couldn't get anything that low where I was looking
    Thanks
  • madisonladymadisonlady Member Posts: 3
    I'm negotiating to lease this car and so far I'm at a sales price of $25,900 with a residual of 60% ($17343), $326 in fees, 12k miles/year for 3 years for a pretax monthly of $309.

I'm also considering paying all up front to avoid the finance cost. That would run roughly $9500 pretax--still working on nailing down the final number.

Would appreciate your opinion. Thanks
  • ccsocalccsocal Member Posts: 1
    can you share teh dealer and contact info. I think the deal sounds good...
    Hi kfitzy. Theoretically, if you shopped around with several different dealers, haggled a bunch, and went with the best offer one could do fine. However, I find that negotiating a low selling price on the vehicle that you want streamlines the process by enabling you to know what an excellent deal is right off the bat.

Car_man
    Host
  • madisonladymadisonlady Member Posts: 3
    The final price was $10113 out the door including 5.5% sales tax on CRV EX-L for 36mo/36k.
    MSRP 28905 negotiated down to 25900. Made a one-time up front lease payment.
    Dealer is Zimbrick in Madison WI.
    Got the prices and terms to negotiate on Weymouth Honda as per a former posting here and they essentially matched those numbers.
  • mghawaiimghawaii Member Posts: 1
    Aloha Friends,

Yesterday we leased a 2011 CR-V (here in Hawaii) based on the nationally advertised special of 35 months at $270 per month, no money down, and the first month "free."

The salesperson mentioned that because of the "package" included (I forget the exact name -- but which he identified as floor mats, some dent protectors on the side of the car, etc. --- priced at $525 by the way) that my lease payments would now be $312 per month.

Now, I know that license, registration, etc., would be added on to this lease, but does this $312 per month price sound legit to you??

Thank!

MG
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    edited September 2011
    $525/36 = $14.58

$300 registration? = $8.33

$291/mo. + tax (6%?) = $309/mo..

Those are just estimates, so $312 isn't surprising..

If you want they should break out all the charges for you... $525 is probably a little steep for the accessories, but the deal seems decent overall..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rrich49132rrich49132 Member Posts: 25
    I am trying to figure out if I am going to lease or buy and if I buy should I wait for the re-design of the 2012?

With that being said I did run across a place in NY that has the following deal on a 2011 SE 4x4.

The lease term is $225 a month for 36 months with taxes, tags, and a $595 bank fee. Given I am in VA I am looking at about $1500 out of pocket to cover all of this. This seems like a great deal better then most are getting. Still unsure if I want to lease or once again wait for the 2012 but this just seems to good to pass on.
  • shyamyshyamy Member Posts: 23
    Dear Car man, and friends,

If I plan to take the current advertised lease offer of $270/month for 35 moths (12K miles), then do I have to bargain on the selling price or is this deal fixed? More like a 'walk in and buy it' kind of thing?
    Hi shyamy. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition should be able to negotiate lower selling prices, and in turn lower monthly payments, than Honda's officially advertised deals. If I was in the market for this vehicle right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • randal_sdrandal_sd Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted today on a 2011 EX 4WD with $0 due at signing at $337/month including all fees (tax, title, license, doc fee and aquisition).
    msrp 26255
    sale price 25300
    money factor .00078
    residual 62%

This was on a 3yr/36k mile. This is at Vern Eide Honda in Sioux Falls, SD. I'm working on trying to get them to add on a remote start at no extra cost, but they are reluctant as of now.

Good deal?
  • ck90211ck90211 Member Posts: 159
    Hi Car_Man, Can you please give me the MF and residual for 36 months, 12K miles/year, for a LX and SE 4WD? I visited a MD dealer and was quoted price of $21,700 (including freight), MF .00095 and residual of 62% for a LX 4WD. Sound right? Thanks.
  • jdillenjdillen Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2011
    Hey Carman,

Thanks for all that you do here, I lurk all the time and find your posts extremely helpful.

I'm looking at doing some crazy business with trading in our 2010 CRV EX that is financed for a 2011 EXL on a lease. This is in TX. Had an EX-L before and thought we'd get by without the leather/other goodies but prefer the EX-L and frankly my fiancee is only driving 8000 miles/yr so a lease would be ideal. And I think we got one in a bad batch as our 2010 was in the shop 3 times for a leaking rear main seal (not cool!) and steering vibrations...but we do love the CRV's.

That said, what are the Money Factor and Residual for a '11 EXL 2wd for 10k and 12k options? I have a price quote of selling price at $25,031 with an MSRP of $27,655 as my first internet quote which I think is very reasonable. They are "working" on a lease quote as I type this. Just wanted to verify. I'm seeing .00078 and 62% (for 12k) tossed around on here, but not sure if it applies to the 2wd and the October rates.

Thanks for your help!
    Jake
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    quote i have is for $229 per month with $3076 down which includes ttl,fees and $1,000 down payment. 3 yr. 36,000 miles, does it seem like a reasonable amount or can i do better? in cook county,il. so taxes kill us. am waiting for the exact breakdown of the lease as i write this
  • jdillenjdillen Member Posts: 20
    Ended up pulling the trigger on Mon 10/31 on a 2011 CRV EX-L 2wd, white/grey, MSRP $27, 655. Selling Price was $25, 400 plus tint and cargo protection package. Gave us $19k on trade for our 2010 CRV EX 2wd with 10k miles.

Lease came out to $342/month including tax (in Texas) with zero down, just first payment of $342 at signing. Rolled in acq fee, tags/etc. .00095 money factor and 59% residual on 36 month, 12k/yr. Getting a check back for $3,000 in equity from the 2010. This way we are set up to lease a new model about 2+ years into it's launch. Works out well. Best of luck out there.
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    breaks down like this-selling price is $24,100
    end of lease buy out-$16,015
    money factor-.00077

is this decent or can i push more?
  • kato5kato5 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not in any hurry to buy, so I was wondering if I should wait for the 2012 CRV, which they are now saying should be out by the end of the month. I don't care if I need to wait even three months, but don't know how great the national lease promotion is, and whether it might apply to 2012.

Anyone have any perspective they can offer on this? Basically, just wondering how exceptional is the national lease promotion being offered, and whether there might be something similiar for the 2012s.

Thanks
  • supelksupelk Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 CRV that is coming up on end of lease. Would like to buy it out. The lease is thru Honda Finance. Does anyone know if they negoiate on the buy out price?
    Hello ck90211. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 CR-V LX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an SE 4WD are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome Jake. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 CR-V EX-L 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would likely be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • sroach22sroach22 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I had a dealer quote me a white 2011 4WD SE CR-V for $248 a month for 36 mths, 45000 miles. This was $1000 down, $750 college graduate program with Maryland taxes. (6%).

What is the November 2011 money factor and residual value? And is this a good deal?

Any help is appreciated as I'm new to leasing.

Thanks!
    Hi sroach22. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 CR-V SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be much easier if you were able to provide us with its selling price first. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. This number will enable us to see how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • KaimakeKaimake Member Posts: 11
    Which dealership offered you that deal for $312 in Hawaii? Windward Honda is quoting me around $340 for the same thing.

Thanks in advance
  • ytandrsytandrs Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at leasing a CRV EX in the north east. Terms are 36 months and 36,000 miles. Assuming best credit what is the money factor/residual? What is considered the top tier?

I've been quoted 0.00195 and 66% on a sticker price of 26,455.

Thanks in advance
    Hi ytandrs. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 CR-V EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that one has to have a credit score in the low 700 range to be eligible for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tradepartradepar Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Does anyone know the 2011 and 2012 CR-V money factor and residual value for NJ?

Also, this is my first time ever for leasing. Besides the sell price,money factor and residual value, what else shold I ask for to the dealer?

Thanks
    Welcome tradepar. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 CR-V LX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00195 and 64%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that Honda is currently providing on the 2011 model.

This car's lease program varies by trim level, so let me know if you are interested in a different variant.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkienbaumkienbau Member Posts: 1
    I'm also new to leasing but this is what I was able to accomplish via email. Can someone please tell me if this is worth signing for?

2011 Honda CR-V EX White 4WD
    MSRP: $26,255
    Sale Price: $23,387
    Down Payment: $0
    Monthly Payment: $291.08

36 Month Lease with 12,000 Miles per year.

More room to negotiate or is this a fair deal?
  • jpm15jpm15 Member Posts: 1
    Any information on the residual and money factor for a 2012 CRV EX-L with Navigation? I am in New York City and have the negotiated price at $29,950 including fees. Thanks!
  • akbandaruakbandaru Member Posts: 2
    I got a deal for 2012 CRV EXL NAV for
    2000 down which includes first month payment, document feed etc.,
    36 months 12 K miles, $368 per month including tax. 19000 is residual.

can you please let me know if this is a good deal.
    Hi mkienbau. the dealer invoice price of this truck is $24,483. There's a $500 dealer cash incentive which can be deducted from that. Even with this incentive, the price that you were quoted is below invoice...which is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer is using Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jpm15. As you probably already know, Honda just redesigned the CR-V for 2012. As a result, there is not any lease support available on it yet. You can still lease one through Honda Finance, you'll just have to use its standard lease program.

Honda Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi akbandaru. do you happen to know what this vehicle's selling price is? Knowing it would make it easier to evaluate your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • bloomer65bloomer65 Member Posts: 2
    Carman, I'm looking to lease a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD (no navigation, no rear entertainment system) for 3 years at 12k per year in the Chicagoland area. I'm interested in what the money factor and residual % would be for top-tier credit?

Thanks in advance.
  • k2012k2012 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Honda CR-V EX White 4WD
    MSRP: $26,255
    Sale Price: $23,387
    Down Payment: $0
    Monthly Payment: $291.08

This looks pretty good deal. Do you have to pay any feeds/tax at the time of pick up? And can you share the dealer name?

Thanks.
  • lauralye44lauralye44 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    We just got a Honda CRV EX AWD 2012 for $295/mo with $1250 down and a $800 trade in. This price includes all tax, title, license registration...no other fees at signing.

Did we get a good deal?
    Thanks
  • putney1putney1 Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2012
    Living in Long Island NY, and want to lease a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD or EX AWD for 36-39 months and 12K. I have excellent credit. What would be a good financial agreement?

Thanks
  • akbandaruakbandaru Member Posts: 2
    car_man, the car costs 30K (2012 CRV EXL NAV)
This discussion has been closed.