Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2004-2009 Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    So, a manual seat adjuster with a hand crank and twist knob to adjust seat height and tilt then if weight is really their excuse. Other cars have this. I doubt the weight of a power seat motor would be enough to change the EPA ratings 1 mpg. Even if it did, it would be moot if it wasn't standard equipment.

Cost certainly isn't an issue when they offer leather and navigation than can push the MSRP around $30K.
    At this price range, lack of *at least* manual height and seat tilt adjustment is inexcusable.

Even a Kia Rio, which is one of the lowest priced new cars you can buy in the United States, has these manual adjustments.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Even a Kia Rio, which is one of the lowest priced new cars you can buy in the United States, has these manual adjustments. "

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said, but I still think that weight is an issue. Take sunroof for example; same issue.

Also, they have to protect the Camry line - hence, not offering all of the options. In some ways the Prius has many of the same capabilities as the Hybrid Camry.
    Manual seat adjusters weight almost nothing. Weight is not an issue.
    "Manual seat adjusters weight almost nothing. Weight is not an issue."

Well, lets see. I'd say maybe 6 oz for the knobs, maybe 5-6 lbs for the hardware inside the seat. Considerably more if an electric motor is involved to power the seat.

But I agree, I think this is most likely branding to keep from impacting Camry sales - or a combination of both.
    That was ridiculous to even bring up 5-6 oz knobs. It doesn't matter what motors weigh when I was talking about manual seats.
    Clearly weight of manual seats adjusters is not an issue in a car that weighs over 2900 lbs.
    6lbs wouldn't affect the gas mileage of a motorcycle much less a Prius. In relationship to the total weight of the car, that is almost nothing.
    In the UK, the Prius has a height adjuster, but unfortunately, no seat angle tilt adjustment.
  • bob104bob104 Member Posts: 94
    I remember reading once that each 100 pounds reduces mileage 1% (conventional car). So using that assumption in a Prius 5 pounds reduces mileage 0.05%. That's about 1.5 gallons of gasoline per year. Probably less due to the Prius' regen braking, probably less than 1 gallon a year.

Popular Mechanics did an article within the last year or so about a 4 passenger concept car not unlike Prius getting 100 mpg. It was a plug-in lithium battery, 40hp-turbodiesel hybrid made of light materials, total weight about 1800 pounds. Compare to Prius which has no plug-in, a 70hp or so gasoline engine and weighs about 2900 pounds.
    Bob
  • cruising7388cruising7388 Member Posts: 125
    The decision by Toyota was obviously a marketing decision since the technology is right in their other lines. Toyota unquestionably makes a lot of good marketing calls but IMO this was a bad one. They could have put this feature in one of the higher end packages and pulled up customers from the more stripped packages. Seat comfort is not perceived as an inconsequential factor in choosing a vehicle and a telescoping steering wheel helps a lot in putting a driver in the least tiring position. At the price modern vehicles are selling, these should be standard items.
  • cdm4cdm4 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I purchased a 08 pk. 4 not a 07. Also, as mentioned 2 or 3 different dealers (fleet dept.) quoted the same invoice number $24,116 my guy said $23,707. After reading these newer posts I'm very glad I didn"t spend the extra on a nav.system that most all say is poor and everyone says the after market leather, which I plan to add, is far better than the pk.6 leather."> :):)
    "That was ridiculous to even bring up 5-6 oz knobs. It doesn't matter what motors weigh when I was talking about manual seats. "

The original posts were about power seats. I would bet that Toyota considered every weight in the Prius, from materials to design - and (of course) product branding and marketing...

The Prius is custom designed for MPG. Other cars compromise somewhat due to their being designed first as passenger vehicles and then being converted to hybrids. People may not think about it, but when Toyota works on the Prius, they have to keep this philosophy in mind - maximize MPG. The vehicle cannot be downright uncomfortable - but then not everyone dislikes the current seats either. Designers know from experience that seat "feeling" is subjective, and they know what seats to install that will please the widest market. However, the Prius should always (in my opinion) focus on the MPG - a concept that includes the entire vehicle, including the seats, their construction / materials, and design, in addition to more obvious things like engine choice, HSD computer programming, Tires, etc.
    So what if not "everyone" hates it. If the seat didn't adjust back and forth, it would still fit some people, but adjustability makes it comfortable for a much wider variety of people.
    They miscalculated the importance because complaints about the drivers seat is the most common complaint of the Prius and I have seen more complaints about it than complaints about seats on any other car. A lot of people have purchased the car and then complain about the seats later.
    Luckily, I rented the car for a day and decided it would not be something I would purchase and try to "learn to live with."

They have a height adjuster on the Prius sold in other countries.
    A manual seat adjuster gets the job done and saves the weight of an electric motor if weight is a concern.
    It doesn't have to be power seats or nothing. It could have been manually adjustable seats.

The weight of other options including a the weight of a Touring vs base Prius weighs more than a manual seat adjuster.
    People can quit justifying lack of seat adjusters as a method of saving weight.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    This is the Prices Paid forum...

General discussions about the Prius belong elsewhere...

Thanks in advance for your cooperation..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

"This is the Prices Paid forum...

General discussions about the Prius belong elsewhere... "

Well, I suppose we could have asked how much it would cost to put in adjusting seats! :P
  • prusaprusa Member Posts: 43
    Did you get a Touring or Basic package 4? Also, where can I get the after market leather?
    PRUSA
    How do these deals sound? Note that the salesman is offering the Touring#6 that he has in stock for $424 more than the Base#6 that he has in stock. Still I don't think I want it due to the larger tires and hence worse mpg.

"I have a silver pine mica 2008 Toyota Prius Touring model with Package 6 ande gray leather available with carpet floor mats. The MSRP is $28,254. The internet price is $26,922 plus fees. I would have to order a Regular Package 6 with floor mats. I only have a silver. The MSRP is $27,734. The internet price is $26,498 plus fees."
    Why would larger tires provide a lower MPG?
    More rubber in contact with the road, sometimes referred to as "the patch," provides better traction but also more rolling resistance. How much impact this has on mpg I'm not sure. If it was 5% that would be about 15 gallons of gasoline per year. Some "ultra-milers" inflate their tires to the max in order to reduce the patch. I doubt this is a good idea from a safety point of view. And I know it decreases tire life. $400-500 a set.

So that's why I tend toward a Base over a Touring.
  • azul12azul12 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,
    Completed my research and am looking to buy 2008 Prius with above mentioned extras. What is a fair price in San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles area? What dealers are recommended?
    Thanks
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    I think you are overexaggerating the effect of the larger tires on MPG ... I drove both and preferred the ride of the Touring ... plus you get a better quality tire that won't need to be replaced as early.
    Perhaps so. The EPA gives does not breakout figures for Prius Touring vs. Prius Base--they are the same. But it does breakout for the various Civics, for example. So that seems to indicate that Base and Touring get the same mpg. Still, I'm not content that the Touring and Base get the same mpg. The Touring tires cost about $170/set more than the Base. Lots to guess at here.

Please describe what you preferred about the Touring?
  • doris5doris5 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know a dealer in a state in or near Minnesota where I can get a good price on a 2008 Prius Touring Toyota? Right now, in Minnesota, the prices are pretty high ($28,000+ with destination costs). Are there any dealers in Iowa or somewhere in the Midwest where they are more willing to negotiate the price? I thought Toyota was giving a $2,000 incentive to buy the Toyota Prius this year?

Nels
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    My apologies to Florida_wen. I was out of line and sincerely hope you and all posters here will accept my apology. Sometimes I tend to take any negative comments against the products I sell personally. That's something I have to keep working at on a daily basis.
    :)
    Mackabee
    If no one knows a dealership in Minnesota where I can get a reasonable price on a Prius Touring - please let me know where I should go (anywhere) to get a good price. Thanks.
    Made a deal and will pick up the car this week. One bargaining point is that the tax incentive has expired. I'm thinking that $26,000-even would be a target price people might get in the coming months. But I only have two dealerships within my area and didn't want to travel to buy the car.
    Still, from what I've seen on this forum, it's a pretty good price. Thanks to all for lots of good info.
    I declined a 6yr/100k extended warranty for $1355. The original asking price was $1895. I figured that the drivetrain was already warranted for that time and that the first 3 years is under warranty. So the bet is that I will breakeven if I have one major replacement in years 4-6. I don't think I'd be tempted to buy the warranty for more than $800.

Price: $26,622
    Fees: 288.75
    Tax: 1,934.08
    OTD: 28,844.83, $30,200 if I'd gotten 6yr/100k warranty.
    I am glad I saw your post with the price you paid for your Touring #6. The best bet so far in GA has been 28,800 OTD.
    I believe this not a bad price either. I fell like grabbing it. I can wait a month or two and see if prices go down a bit.
    The expiration of the tax incentive is the best thing that ever happend to Toyota Prius buyers. In 2006, the tax incentive was touted by Prius dealers as a great deal, but the fact is that a lot of the value of the tax credit was incorporated into the dealer sales price. What followed was one of the most horrendous scams in automotive history. Many buyers in 2006 bought the Prius with the expectation that their real cost would be $3150 less than the price they actually paid for the vehicle. But the IRS subsequently developed a myriad of Byzantine rules that prevented the owner from enjoying any part of the tax credit. If you were subjected to the AMT in 2006, you got absolutely NO tax credit. Even if you were not subject to the AMT, you could avail yourself only that portion of the tax credit that reduced your tax liability to the AMT level. There must have been many thousands of Prius buyers who were screwed out of any tax credit at all in addition to thousands more buyers who had their credit unexpectedly reduced.

At this point, the credit is gone for the Prius but at least you know at the point of purchase exactly what the vehicle is going to cost you and the dealer can no longer jack up the price of the vehicle to get a piece of the promised but typically unrealized credit.

The debacle that took place toward the end of 2006 was nothing short of disgusting. Many people jumped for buying the 2006 model with the expectation of a full tax credit, even while the 2007 models were coming into dealer inventory. Many of these hapless folks unfairly took a terrible hosing because they were subsequently denied the use of the tax credit by the IRS, and further aggravated by the reality that they had purchased a Prius that was, for all practical purposes, a one year old vehicle.

So anyone curreently delivered from grappling with this bait and switch routine when buying a Prius should consider themselves fortunate.
  • larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    It was NOT a "bait and switch" by any stretch of rational imagination.

Using "bait and switch" is a poor choice in this matter. Bait and switch refers to the action of "baiting" someone with one advertisement then "switching" the item for something different.

In this case, the tax credit never changed. It was "always" the same.

I think it was, is, and will be in the future a mistake for anyone to buy a hybrid car "just for the tax credit alone." This action to me implies that the buyer does not think the hybrid technology is worth the price they are paying and they are being swayed by tax money to buy something they would not really buy if the item had to stand on it's own merit.

As a hybrid advocate and owner since July 2004, I do not like an attitude like that. If you believe in the technology and want to either save gas or reduce pollution, then buy a hybrid vehicle.

But if you bought ONLY because of the tax break, I think you bought for the wrong reasons and I really can't muster any empathy for your situation. Sorry, but that's my honest take.

Nothing personal toward any one individual - I think any and all of the people who bought only for the tax break (or focused on which car to buy with the intent of receiving the tax break) made a mistake.

The tax credit was never intended to benefit the car dealer, and I think it did so only in the fact that maybe a few people made the mistake of buying only because of the tax break.
  • garv214garv214 Member Posts: 162
    While I agree that buying a car for a tax break might not be the wisest decision, I CAN generate empathy for them.

Remember, one of the main reasons the tax credit was offered was to get new car buyers to consider a hybrid vehicle over a conventional one to ease our demand on oil. I am sure there are many who would not have seriously researched/considered purchasing a hybrid who ended up purchasing one in part because of the tax credit.

So while they might not have shared your initial values about the technology, ultimately they made a vehicle purchase that would be consistent with your values.

Consider as well, that as more buyers show an interest in hybrid technology (regardless of what motivates them) the automakers will begin focusing their efforts towards meeting this demand. For example, how many SUVs were on the road prior to the introduction of the Ford Explorer or minivans before the Dodge Caravan. I would think that this is ultimately in alignment with your values as well.

So while you may not agree with the decision process that others may have made for their auto purchase, their decision ultimately benefited the environment for the near term (in reduced emissions) and hopefully for the long term (in motivating car companies to focus their R&D dollars towards the development of future hybrids).

I think that this should have all of our applause and support, and maybe a little bit of empathy as well.
  • larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    Applause to them no doubt for buying an environmentally wise car.

Sorry for them because they did not get the tax break? TTTTRRRYYYYYIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG, TTTTRRRYYYYYIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG,
    but I just can't get there.

They got the many benefits of owning and driving a hybrid as their reward.

I bought a used hybrid in 2004 and got no tax benefit; so I was one of those people who bought a hybrid with no tax benefit and no consideration thereof with my first hybrid, and then got the tax benefit from my second hybrid purchase, a new TCH in 2006.

So I'm in both camps I suppose.
    LOL

At least you are trying =)

Back on topic. I saw some interesting prices on Prius' in the SF Bay Area on a want ad listing made famous by someone named Craig.

2008 Touring Package 6 26,800
    2008 Regular Package 6 26,300

The internet manager at this Toyota dealership in San Bruno, said the Touring only comes in a package 6, is this true as Edmunds shows that you can get a Touring edition in a variety of packages, not only #6. I would be interested in a touring package, but don't want/need all of the other gingerbread that comes in the package #6. Is this internet manager mistaken or is this one of those regional things that Toyota likes to do.
    I need your advise since you saw those prices and think it is a good deal. Is 28,800 (ODT) a good price for a Touring pkg 6? I really don't know if this is it. I have about 5-6 dealers around my area and they are all competing with each other. Don't know if I should wait another month and see what happens. By then dealers will be crowded with Priuses.
    I am not sure how good of a deal that is because I am relatively new to my Prius search. The tax rate in the Bay Area is 8.25% and registration is roughly 2% so my OTD would be in the $29.5K to $30K with destination I suspect. If you have 5-6 dealers competing, then you should be getting competitive quotes, as long as you are making them aware of their competitors quotes.

If you don't have to purchase right away, you may want to wait for the 2009 model year refresh arriving in 2008, or the remodel which I think is coming in 2010. It is likely the prices of the 2008s will get very soft if the 2009 refresh has any significant improvements over the current model.

Of course, if oil goes over $100 barrel and gas prices go up to $5/gallon, then my theory about the 2008 prices is out the window...

I think waiting a month is fine if you are not pressed to buy.

Best of luck to you
    Here is the Edmunds pricing for the 08Touring#6:
    MSRP $28,055
    Invoice $25,728
    Price being paid: $27,988

When you adjust my price by $100 (?) for the mats I paid $26,522. That's $800 over invoice. With a dealer holdback of 3% they had additional margin of about $600. At $1400 margin they aren't exactly giving them away.

BTW, in the Bay Area I calculate that my OTD price would have been $26,600 (INCLUDED DESTINATION and mats) + $300 + $2200 = $29,100

As to predicting the market I might have waited but there are too many variables. Soaring oil prices, which are just now being reflected at the pump, are a huge motivator for small car buyers. We've gone from $3.04 to $3.20 in about 10 days. I'd say there's another 20 cents coming even if oil stabilizes. Who knows where it will be in a few months? Maybe $100 a barrel, but maybe $70. Maybe.
    Right now I'm sure it's stimulating sales and that's why I went ahead, before current demand overpowers current supply.

Some other factors weighing timing/pricing, pro and con: 1)Toyota can limit/up production. 2)Civic is a cheaper and better car and still offers the (illusory) incentive, though it gets about 37 mpg vs. Prius' 44 (Consumer Reports, 2007 models) 3) the general economy is looking iffy. 4) Loss of (perceived) tax incentive of Prius. 5) Other small cars, Yaris and Fit, comparable to base Prius in trim, cost many thousands less and get 32-34 mpg, depending on transmission. The price difference is (currently) equal to as much as 100,000 miles of gasoline--check this out for yourself. Their resale should be outstanding. (My 02Civic only lost $6,000 from its OTD price to its current price over 72k miles). 6) The 2010 Prius, as mentioned. (My own guess is that they are having major problems with the proposed lithium battery, expense, reliability, safety).

BTW, my other car is an electric bike. I use it to substitute about 100 miles of car travel a week. 2000 mpg-equivalent. Fun, too.
    The Civic Hybrid is an excellent vehicle and Honda dealers are not nearly as avaricious as Prius dealers, so your purchase savings may well offset the moderate decrease in mileage.
    It was indeed a "bait and switch" operation. Please note that I never said that the dealer was doing the baiting nd the switching. They knew little more about the future consequences than the buyers. It was CONGRESS that provided the bait with the enabling legislation that permitted the tax credit, and it was the IRS (with, or without the complicity of Congress??) that did the switch by producing a set of criteria that made the tax credit partially, if not totally illusory.
    FYI, if you are a California resident, the sales tax you pay on the vehicle is what the sales tax in the county where you register the vehicle, not the county where you buy it.
    Prius:44 mpg overall average, 272 gallons/12,000 miles.
    Civic hybrid: 37 mpg overall average, 324 gallons/12k miles.

The difference is 50 gallons/12k miles.

At an average price of $5/gallon gasoline for 50,000 miles the Civic costs about $1,000 more than the Prius. If you do mostly highway driving the difference would be even less as they are rated 47mpg vs. 50 mpg respectively. But Civics are NOISY. But if gasoline prices are way up when you go to sell you Civic, the Prius would have the edge.
    With gasoline at $10 gallon that 50 gallon/year difference is $500/year.
    If it weren't for the noisiness I'd have gotten a HCH at plus or minus $3,000 or so less than a Prius.
  • cdm4cdm4 Member Posts: 4
    I didn't know the touring came in anything other then the package 6. Anyway I got the basic pk. 4. I was working with a dealer in southern ca. He said to add leather would be 900.00. I ended up getting the car in northern c. So when I got home contacted the leather company and was told it is $1300 and that the 900 price is a deal only to the car dealers. I suggest u ask your local dealer, service dept. manger, who they send their cars to for the installation. Just know the lower price is worked into the deal at the time u purchase and if u do it after the sale u will pay more. Hope this helps.
    Re leather, make sure you are comparing apples with apples.
    I think the OEM leather option for the Prius has a lot of plastic sections. The one provided by a leather company is more likely to be 100% leather.
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    When I asked, they were the same, though for more you can order full leather. So the basic aftermarket offering, though less money, is the same basic leather center panels only. So you could probably get the extra leather for no more money by specifying it when you order aftermarket. The one thing you do want to check is whether aftermarket will give you a leather covered steering wheel. Also see what else they include in "leather" coverings. Console and door armrest, for example.
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    The touring felt more "connected" to the road. The base Prius was a little "floaty" to me. Some may find the Touring more harsh of a ride, but I didn't ... I just immediately liked the ride better ... not saying I could tell a HUGE difference, but I could tell one.

Overall I would pick the Touring b/c of the larger wheels and better tires first and foremost. The tires are MUCH higher quality than the 15" on the base.

Again, not a huge difference b/t the two, but noticeable enough for me. I am a little younger than the avg Prius driver so that may have something to do with it as well.
  • rcinmdrcinmd Member Posts: 139
    I am probably a touch older than the average Prius buyer, or maybe not....I drove the Touring and base back-to-back, and within a nanosecond realized it was the Touring for me, mirroring your observations. Also the Touring is much more planted on the highway, showing absolutely no signs of being blown about by trucks either on the interstate, or when passing in opposite directions on a two lane road.

This is my first automatic trans vehicle in 35 years....it's nice, but I do miss that involvement. I have my Vanagon, Alfa, and Fiat though if I want to stir gears.
    Would you let me know where you purchased your 08 Touring #6 with mats? Thanks. I'd be happy to send you my e-mail address.
    This will be my first automatic (working on a good deal at this time) and I can't wait to drive it. By the way, how much did you pay for your Touring Pkg. 6? I would like to know if the internet manager is really giving me a good deal. Can you tell me what is rear bumper applique? I am a women who doesn't know much about cars.
    PRUSA
  • sailorman4sailorman4 Member Posts: 10
    Travelled 1,000 miles from Tampa to Falls Church, Virginia to get exactly the color and equipment I wanted. I wanted Package 6 in Silver. Dealt with Yaw Aryirebi via telephone first at Bill Page Toyota. Nice guy to deal with....very responsive. Saved the cost of the trip. Love the car. With gas approaching $100 per barrell, I see $5.00 per gallon by summer of 2009. Buy now before they are not available.
    If Government would renew incentives for buying fuel efficient cars, we could solve our oil problem much quicker.
    Sorry if you've been waiting for a response. I wasn't checking in.

Just picked up my car. Silver pine mica color.

Exactly $30,000 OTD (tax is 7.25% in my county, I think). Check my former mail for the exact amount I paid in tax.

They slid and slid and slid on the warranty so I finally got it. They slid and slid on the polish and Scotch Guard but I didn't get it.
    Final price for warranty was $1150 for a platinum warranty (everything covered except for wear items like windshield, tires, wiper blades, etc.) 6 years/100k miles. Remember though that the first 3 yr/36 is already covered by the basic warranty, so really you're buying an extension, years 4-6/miles 36k-100k.

The warranty is tranferable one time. So if you plan on selling your car before the warranty is up you have a very valuable selling point. Very valuable. You can tell the buyer, "There is nothing wrong with the car that I know of. But if something were to happen it is totally covered." Sell the car near the end of the warranty for best value, imo. As a person I'm very skeptical, but at $1150 I think the warranty is very much worth it for the resale point of view alone. Though Toyota is a great brand there is a lot to go wrong on the Prius, also.

The dealership, Toyota of Santa Maria, CA, about 2.5 hours north of LA is fantastic. So professional. The Internet manager/sole salesman, DT, is a lambchop. Just a totally trustworthy decent guy. (What has happened in this world that car salesmen are far more decent than flight attendants??)
    The car is quiet, decently powered, solid on the road. Complicated toys!! But I have a ten year old daughter so everything will be OK by late tomorrow afternoon.

One possible regret. Touring tires are quite a bit more expensive than Basic tires. Before committing to a touring pretend you are buying replacement tires and check costco.com or tirerack.com to see if you are satisfied paying so much to replace tires. (I love the Michelin Primacy tires I just put on my Civic). I must say the Touring rides very well compared to my Civic.

Good luck. Buy a Giant Suede electric bike with the money you save and substitute some of the miles you'd be driving a car. 2000-3000 mpg.
    he rear bumper applique is a typical Toyota ripoff but there is nothing you can do about it because it is applied at the port of entry and it is a no-option option. It's a
    protection sheet below the trunk lid and on the top of the bumper.
  • kdconnollykdconnolly Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I've been offered the following lease on a 2008 Prius Model 1224A (PKG 3)from Boch Toyota in Norwood Massachusetts:

term: 48 months
    money factor: .00275
    17,000 miles per year
    residual value: 10,316
    MSRP: 25,289
    agreed upon value: 22,619
    GAP insurance: 595
    Acq fee: 550
    doc fee: 298
    title: 84.5
    gross cap cost: 24,146.5

monthly payment: 349.52
    tax: 17.48
    total monthly: 367.00

Any comments on this deal are greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,

Kelley Connolly
  • pt95148pt95148 Member Posts: 17
    Is December the best time to buy in terms of discount/finance deal etc.?
    I am interested in getting a Prius but not until March 08.

Does it make sense to wait?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    I don't know what the inner workings of car dealerships are. I've read that salespeople get anxious about making their quotas near the end of the month and that that is a good time to deal.

With gasoline prices spiraling up I'd say sooner is better than later. We're at $3.46/gallon, San Luis Obispo county average, for unleaded regular and the cheapest I've seen this week is $3.33. I read an article that speculates that prices will reach $4.50 by next summer. Small-car salesmen tell me that every time there's a spike in gasoline price they make a lot of sales. I could picture lines out the door at Toyota by then.

As you can see by my previous post I just got an 08 Touring and I paid about $1400 below msrp when you factor in the retail price of the mats. My bet is that I would not be able to get that deal in March. But it's just a hunch based on the trend for gasoline.
    :confuse:
  • carlstraubcarlstraub Member Posts: 50
    Hi,
    I agree with Bob entirely.
    Here in So. Cal. the price of gas is about the same as SLO and there are Prius cars everywhere, far different from when we first bought in 3/05.
    We bought two cars in Feb 07 and are very happy.
    Hard to predict supply in the future but with oil @ $100/brl or so the demand should be consistently high.
    Carl
This discussion has been closed.