Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Host is dead on.....you will pay at least sticker if not more since the demand is high...and again host is right since the difference between sticker and invoice is $700...I got mine in NJ for $16,000 including $635 dest charges...good luck to you..
  • Options
    fithawkfithawk Member Posts: 3
    04/26, I paid MSRP for a sport silver, trade in my 12-year-old caravan. Put $100 deposit at 2pm and drove out with new car at 5pm
    03/01~04/17 I had quick coolant leak, noisy belt, back up light stop working, slow engine oil leak, weired noise while making turns, hard to speed up...on my old van. Thinking it's time to change a car, so didn't fix any problem. I've been driving with water in cooling system and carrying water in van for a week.
    04/18 Decided to go for a Honda, went to the Shadyside Honda 5 blocks away then decided we like the black fit, But dealer only had a black MT and sounded not sure when they can get the next Fit.
    04/19 Had a test drive on a red sport AT at moon Honda which is 20 miles away, didn't like it for the sensitive brake, weak on uphill and the cheap looking in and out. Then went to a Scion dealer to test drive on XD, I liked everything but the rear view mirror is on my way to look out , sorry! Also price will be $1000 more for the same options.
    04/21 Wife got a quote from valley honda 15 miles away, vivid blue, $150 under MSRP. Moon honda called and quote $200 under MSRP, also told me the red one was gone.
    04/26 I called valley honda, was told they had a black sport AT in stock but when I got there sales told me they sold it a few minutes ago, I can only look at it. Later when I asked about if they can get me the same fit, sales told me they online trade the black one for another customer which means he lied at the beginning. Anyway I had them look at my old van and got $800 trade-in quote.
    On my way home, I decided to stop by shadyside honda. Then for the very 1st time I met my fit, the storm silver metallic one. sales told me they got it 4 days ago then had it waxed and park in show room. I told him all the story and quotes I received, tried to get price break. Sales was honest and solid, said they will only go for MSRP but might be able to give me more for the old van. After they had the used car manager look at my van, sales came in with a smile and told me they would pay $1000.
    So I gave him $100 cash without a receipt and he put a sold sign on the fit. I drove my van home, removed all the crap into basement, brought title and 2nd key and drove back to dealer ship. Another hour later I drove the fit back home.
    16075+635+82(tile and transfer plate)+tax-1000=16900.
    After 4 days, 90 miles driving, it works for me! Also the color works too. But for summer I would recommend vivid blue.
    I purchased 8 year/100000miles Honda care online for $785 then got $25 accessory gift card for the purchasing. (dealer's financial manager offered me $780 for 5 years/60000miles before I sign the contract)
    I also purchased original all season floor mat set+3.5mm Stereo Cable(for Ipod or whatever) online for $97 shipped(dealer price is $170 for only mat include installation and tax). Floor mats came in today with mounting hardware and detail installation instruction. But I tried without hardware, it worked OK for me. So I will save the installation job for some hot summer Sunday afternoon.
  • Options
    .good story...enjoy the FIT...but about the mats...forget about the install...I got mine and have tried ti install more than once...I even try to epoxy the black holders after I press them in and nothing they keep coming out...if it is the same to you forget about the holders and use double side tape..or velcro..
  • Options
    hondalibrarianhondalibrarian Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to both of you; talking to car salespeople always makes me a wee bit paranoid, so it's nice to have other opinions. Now I have to decide whether to trade in the Odyssey (convenience) or sell it myself (more money).
  • Options
    the better money is always selling vehicles by yourself...I prefer to loose some money rather than dealing with some idiots out there that do nothing but waste your time...and call me paranoid but I am not crazy about people (starngers) know where I live or coming back with buyers remorse since it seems that most people do not understand "final sale,no warranties"...but it is your call...if you trade do not forget that pay less taxes since the tax on the new vehicle is calculate minus the trade in value....
  • Options
    hondalibrarianhondalibrarian Member Posts: 5
    Yeesh! I had not thought of the sales tax angle at all. I have always believed that it's better to sell it yourself than trade it in and was leaning toward doing that anyway. However, the price of a new Fit is in the ballpark of the value of my Odyssey, and the sales tax difference might just be enough to swing me over to trading it. That, and not having to deal with showing it to people might make up for the lower amount of money I'd get. Thank you again!
  • Options
    fithawkfithawk Member Posts: 3
    If your Odyssey is less than 5 years old and free of mechanical problem with minor cosmetic problem: take it to dealer get appraised.
    Then post it on news paper or online with a price of $3000 more than dealer's quote. You will get $2000~2500 more finally which is much better than what you save from tax. You have to be patient for the sake of money...
  • Options
    ...maybe yes...maybe not.....and then one has to start lowering the price...because in my opinion the only good price to get for a vehicle that we sell....is what you get when it is sold...$3k..$2.5K....$1k...tic toc tic ..toc....so if you have the time, patience and stamina to deal with the idiots out there then sell it yourself...one final advise..DO NOT sell to friends,family or neighbors....that is like NEVER getting rid of the car,regardless on how good of a condition is in...good luck
  • Options
    steppenw0lfsteppenw0lf Member Posts: 2
    I just put in a deposit for a tidewater blue metallic Honda Fit Sport Automatic at Brewster Honda in Brewster, NY. Total - 16123 including destination charges. OTD price after taxes + tags is: 17539.
  • Options
    Congratulations...it seems that you pay invoice....good luck...you are going to love it..
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Just bought a 08 mazda3 5 door hatch coupe auto with alloys, abs etc for friend for for 16600 + tax and title (msrp 19500). 08 mazda5 auto (sliding side door) about the same. Purchased last few days of the month.

Pontiac vibe 08 (toyota matrix) hatchback auto prices were about 15000, and the 09 vibe is in the 17000's soon to be probably around 16000s. This has gm's 100k mi powertrain warranty.

Nissan dealers were beating down the door to sell the 5 door hatch Versa 16400 msrp sl for 14800, and the s with pwr and auto for 13600. It is a quality piece.

There is no comparison between the Mazda3 and Fit for performance and style. If you have the hots for 10-15% or more luggage capacity and that turns you on, the Vibe, versa, and mazda5 amongst others will fill the bill as good if not better, some for almost $2000 less and with more selection.

Once you get into the Hyundai accent auto (2 dr hatch) you are 3500+ less than the Fit, or the Tuscon (Santa Fe's little brother) you are about $1000 or so more, with the 100k/60k warranty.

Checked the Fit out and such and drove it, just to see what all the hubbubb was about. Quality vehicle no doubt but could not believe people would genuflect for near msrp (16700? ) for this simple little common hatch.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • Options
    ellenocellenoc Member Posts: 25
    If you have the hots for 10-15% or more luggage capacity and that turns you on, the Vibe * * * will fill the bill as good if not better, some for almost $2000 less and with more selection.

The Vibe was one of the vehicles I looked at before getting a Fit. My particular needs require a car where the back seats fold down leaving a flat floor. The basic price for a Vibe is for a really basic vehicle that doesn't even have power windows, not that a hand crank would kill me, but equipping the Vibe to match the Fit would raise the basic price quite a lot. I don't believe you could get a Vibe with everything that comes with a Fit Sport for thousands less than the Fit. What I really didn't like about the Vibe was the steering, which was way too loose for me. Also, when the back seats are down in the Vibe, there is a big space between the end of the flat back floor and the front seats - which I'd have to fill in somehow as what I use the back for is to transport my large dog and her equipment to shows and I wouldn't want to hit the brakes and have the dog hurt falling into that hole. What I really liked about the Vibe was that it didn't have carpet in the back. The hard surface back there would be much easier to clean.
  • Options
    sabrosahindleysabrosahindley Member Posts: 3
    I paid $14,995 at Williamson Honda. This includes dest. charge. Splashguards included. No other fees. This is the price I paid to leave the lot with the car.
  • Options
    jacksan1jacksan1 Member Posts: 504
    I don't believe you could get a Vibe with everything that comes with a Fit Sport for thousands less than the Fit.

This was our experience as well when we were shopping for a car. We did look at the Matrix/Vibe twins, and liked what we saw. However, when we speced the Matrix/Vibe in the way that was comparable to what the Fit Sport had, they were about $2,000 more, which we were not willing to pay.

I have just run the Vibe through Edmunds' New Car research setup, and the Vibe with power equipment, ABS, side/curtain airbags with AT came to be over $19,000 TMV. There is a rebate out right now, which should knock at least $1,000 off this. Still, that's $18 grand.
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    The 08 vibe base with 1.8 liter, auto pwr, alloys and air has a msrp of around 19400 or so. I had bids all day in the 15000 range and lower (without abs) for the leftovers.
    Toyota matrix was about the same. Granted the pontiac prices were with 1000 gm loyalty cash, but its msrp is higher than the matrix. None of these prices are astounding as a used 07 vibe or matrix as above wholesales for a bit over $12000.

I suppose the price may be near msrp for a few months for the new 09's but this will soon change as it has for years. These cars will not move at their msrps without incentives. I'm not sure the 1000 is rebate is there yet for the 09's.

Please take the edmunds tmv with a grain of salt. You could probably pave an 8 lane highway from the U.S. to China with the amount of money left on the table for buyers following tmv or other consumer "targets", especially for larger trucks and suv's.

Good luck
    --jjf

I don't believe you could get a Vibe with everything that comes with a Fit Sport for thousands less than the Fit.

This was our experience as well when we were shopping for a car. We did look at the Matrix/Vibe twins, and liked what we saw. However, when we speced the Matrix/Vibe in the way that was comparable to what the Fit Sport had, they were about $2,000 more, which we were not willing to pay.

I have just run the Vibe through Edmunds' New Car research setup, and the Vibe with power equipment, ABS, side/curtain airbags with AT came to be over $19,000 TMV. There is a rebate out right now, which should knock at least $1,000 off this. Still, that's $18 grand.
  • Options
    fitisgofitisgo Member Posts: 40
    Yes, there is room to negotiate when you order. I have two 08 Fit Sport automatics (MSRP $16,705). I bought both off the lot from different dealers in Omaha and Lincoln, NE, and paid $16,167 & $16,332 respectively (not counting sales tax, title, license, registration). I just ordered my 3rd Fit (same model/trim) from the Lincoln dealer and they agreed to $16,122 because I gave a $200 deposit on an inbound car that was produced in Japan earlier this week and should be here in 3 weeks. So don't just pay whatever the dealer is asking - you have to negotiate, which is the hard part, which most people don't want to do, because it involves confrontation between you, the salesperson, and sometimes the sales manager. Each time I bought a Fit, a solicited price quotes from 4-5 dealers via e-mail, and then let them choose to either respond with a price or not. I believe it has saved me almost $1,500 on these 3 car purchases, because most dealers start at MSRP. The dealer's profit margin on a Fit is very small, about $550.
  • Options
    If you got the splash guards included, that tells me you bought the Base model and not the Sport. Does your Fit have manual or automatic transmission? What color did you choose? Williamson Honda in Lincoln is an outstanding dealer. I live in the Omaha/Bellevue area (55-60 miles from Williamson), but bought my 1st Fit there in Dec 07 for $200 over Invoice on the Sport Automatic model ($16,323) and will be buying my 3rd Fit there next month (early Jun 08) for Invoice ($16,132) - MSRP on these cars is $16,705. I bought my 2nd Fit (the one I drive) from O'Daniel Honda in Omaha in Mar 08 for $16,167. If you have a great experience with a dealer it is best to spread the word, because if that generates more sales for that dealer they will start selling a larger volume of cars each month, which normally means they are able to (if they choose) to sell each car for less than a lower-volume dealer, and the people who benefit are us, the buyers.
  • Options
    steppenw0lfsteppenw0lf Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. Today I finalized the financing - I got 5% American Honda Financing for 60 months with GAP insurance included. Capital One was giving me 5.5%. Over all, a very pleasant experience dealing with the finance guy at Brewster Honda. I am going to pick up the car next weekend.
  • Options
    kcbrigkcbrig Member Posts: 6
    I got mine at the Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA. I ended up paying $400 over dealer invoice - $14500 including destination charges. The county also had a lower tax rate than a few other dealers I looked at. I found I found an ad online at another dealer and used that ad to get the price I wanted. It's the base model, which I wanted as it has better gas mileage. Afterwards, we had the windows tinted which helps ALOT with the amount of sun that comes in through all those windows. We found the floor mats, the cargo cover and the cargo tray online for less than the dealer wanted to charge. We plan on adding the keyless entry as well as it's less expensive than the dealer...
  • Options
    anahita61anahita61 Member Posts: 110
    It's the base model, which I wanted as it has better gas mileage.

Really? I've not heard that yet - why would it get better mileage? I'm curious. :confuse:
  • Options
    kcbrigkcbrig Member Posts: 6
    That's what it had on Consumer Reports... It said the manual base model got the better mileage. I found it on a few other sites too. It's a very small difference, but $4 is $4 for that extra gallon... One stated: "The automatic is rated at 27 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway for Sport models; base models with the automatic transmission get 27/34 mpg city/highway. Manual models get 28/34 mpg city/highway." link title
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Two possible reasons...

1) Sport package has wider tires, w/more rolling resistance (are they wider?)

2) "Aerodynamic" kit on Sport model causes more wind resistance

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    taximom5taximom5 Member Posts: 43
    Hi, fithawk, I'm in Pittsburgh, too. If you liked your salesperson, could you let me know his/her name? We've been dealing with Baierl Honda in the North Hills, but might trek out to Shadyside--we're not all that thrilled with Baierl.

Thanks!
  • Options
    hnrymanhnryman Member Posts: 2
    I would be more than happy with that 15200 otd 2008 fit manual. My first question is is drive out price the same as otd? My second question is where did you get that quote because the best price I have gotten so far is 16700 drive off the lot.
  • Options
    hnrymanhnryman Member Posts: 2
    btw i also live in houston, tx as well. I am looking to get the fit sporst manual in the next 2 weeks. if you could reply asap please.
  • Options
    macy11214macy11214 Member Posts: 1
    Here's a rundown of our buying experience in the Washington DC suburbs of Maryland (Criswell Honda, Germantown):

14700 - base price of Automatic including $635 freight
    +1277 - upgrade to Sports package
    Total: 15,977 (excluding tax,tags,title and $100 dealer processing fee)

Drove the car (with 4 miles on it) off the parking lot for a total of $17,263.00. Unfortunately, stock is limited, the car we bought was delivered on Thursday and sold Saturday so there's not much leverage on prices. Overall, I believe this is still a good buy unless you're waiting for the 2009s! :)
  • Options
    wgewge Member Posts: 16
    I bought a 2008 base manual Fit from a local dealer for $200 below MSRP about 6 weeks ago. I was recently considering buying another Fit for our second car. I called yesterday about a similar car at the same dealership and was told now a base manual Fit would run $255 above MSRP firm. I declined this offer. Looks like the gas price business is back to putting premiums on the small fuel efficient cars and it is now a seller's market. I wonder if you will be able to buy a 2009 at MSRP?
  • Options
    gsakalagsakala Member Posts: 7
    I bought my Base/Auto Fit in Titusville, Florida for $16,140 out the door 7 weeks ago. I got it at Invoice plus the normal added costs. I now have 2300 miles on it, and I'm getting an average of 33 to 34 mpg in mixed city and highway driving.
    A coworker liked my Fit, so he decided to get one two weeks ago. He went to the same dealer, and had to pay full MSRP. He got basically the same car I did, just a different color, and he paid just over $17K. A month sure made a big difference with the dealer being willing to cut a deal.
  • Options
    protrackprotrack Member Posts: 6
    From Jon Hall Honda in Daytona Beach FL.
    Really down to earth people. Up front,truthfull and honest. No mind games on extras or add ons. The people who work there give personal accounts of being on the other side of the fence like us buyers so they simply put forth their best.
    $17900.00 out the door which included the double mfg warranty from Honda.
    which goes for $1060.00 . Cheap insurance for doubling the warranty. Everyone else was so close in quoting that the final factor was who actually had the model available right now. And to my surprise it was my own local dealer. They expect the Fit to go on a waiting list in months to come due to the start of the mad rush for economy.

Daytona Bob :shades:
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Even at that price, the dealer would be making a lousy 750.00 on that Fit.

Still not a bad deal. If gas prices continue to rise you may wish you had jumped on that.
  • Options
    You may be correct. However, you must also factor in the "doc fees" that would push the profit to over $1000, which works out to be about 7-8% on the deal. Still, I don't begrudge that amount of dealer profit. The bummer is going from a better deal just a short time ago to a worse deal now. However, I may have a line on a Fit at a different dealer would now sell at MSRP, but with $100 more in "doc fees." Depending upon trade-in issues, that could make the deal for me on Fit #2.
  • Options
    I guess some stores charge crazy doc fees. We charge 50.00.

I predict that even if gas prices stay where they are now that Fits will be impossible to find a month from now. The values of big SUV's and other gas guzzlers will continue to drop.

It really isn't a pretty picture and I fear the upcoming months.

I sure wouldn't wait for a "better" deal.
  • Options
    synergy3synergy3 Member Posts: 16
    I've been shopping locally (Inland Empire and Orange County) with mixed quotes, here are some results...my target price is $16,000

2008 - Fit Sport - Automatic
    Average quotes are around $16,400 - $16,500
    Best I've received so far is $16,122
    All prices include destination...(excluded are tax title license etc.)

Good deal?
  • Options
    I have been shopping around for a second 2008 Fit base, 5sp. manual transmission. Two weeks ago one dealership told me they would ask $215 over MSRP (MSRP = $14,585). Another dealership said they would only go with MSRP. They looked for a dealer trade and found only three base 5-sp manuals in the entire state of Tennessee and that one or more may already have been sold and that it would cost an additional $150 over MSRP to get the car to the dealership. A third dealer called today to say they had two base 5-sp manuals in transit and that was the end of the 2008's. No more beyond those already built and in transit. I put down a deposit at a fourth dealership for a Milano Red base 5-sp manual that they will sell at MSRP. The third dealership intimated a hefty price increase for the 2009 Fit and Civic models, whatever that might be, for obvious market reasons. After lengthy consideration, I decided that I wanted a 2008 rather than a 2009 so agreed to the MSRP deal. Syngergy 3 if you have a firm $16,122 deal on a 2008 sport auto which has a MSRP of $16,700, you might wish to jump on that offer. I doubt you will be able to do any better.
  • Options
    If I were you I grab it...my 08 Fit Sport Auto bought in April was $16,000 (incl destination)..that put it about $120 below invoice...in NJ
  • Options
    marytrary5marytrary5 Member Posts: 7
    I waited 6 weeks and paid MSRP on a Tidewater Blue Base AT, added keyless entry & tint. I got an OK deal on my trade, though, so I guess it works out in the end.
  • Options
    harvoh126harvoh126 Member Posts: 2
    IT has 18,000 miles and I bargain the private owner down to $14,500 for an 07 fit sport with extended warranty. Is this a good deal.
  • Options
    If the car has a manual transmission, that is a fair price, as 07 Fit Sports with automatic are valued at about $15,500 per Kelley Blue Book for private party sale.
    If the price is $14,500 for a car with automatic transmission, that is a really low price for you, the buyer.
  • Options
    pennapenna Member Posts: 3
    I have not had any trouble getting a car ordered in by one dealer. He said that he would just sell it to someone else if I didn't want it- no pressure. Another dealer had a few cars on his lot, another had a few on his lot. Our dealers are getting their next - NOT LAST load of Fits in between now and the end of the month, it varies for each dealer. There really is not the pressure for these cars that I seem to be reading on this discussion group.

Just how many dealers, car sales people are on this list encouraging us to buy at higher prices?

Folks, follow the advice on the Edmunds sight when buying your car. Go in with your price and be prepared to walk out if you don't get the deal you want. Yes, you should be prepared to offer some profit to the dealer, but $750 is NOT lousy. $500 is quite reasonable in most cases.

Don't forget that you can always go back to the dealer if you don't find another one who will give you your price. What you need to do is tell them matter of factly that you know the invoice price, you know they are available at other dealers and you know they can have them brought in for you if they want a sale today, it's up to them.

Best of luck everyone!
  • Options
    davethecarnutdavethecarnut Member Posts: 248
    Good advice!! Also don't forget- No DOC Fees!
  • Options
    Doesn't mean much. It's strictly a supply and demand situation and this is true of ANY car.

I just wish we had a bunch more to sell given these gas prices.
  • Options
    watsacwatsac Member Posts: 49
    Just bought a base w/AT and splash guards for $15,049 before taxes and tags. I'm thinking that is $432 below MSRP. And from what I see in this forum, these cars are going for MSRP++ in certains parts of the country. Dealer is Northwest Honda just north of Baltimore in Owings Mills, MD.

BASE $14,750
    Mudguards $96
    Freight $635
    TOTAL MSRP $15,481
    Price paid $15,049
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter would like to talk to consumers who are in the market for (or have recently purchased) a Honda as a result of high gas prices. Please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information, as well as your current vehicle and the Honda you have purchased or are considering no later than Tuesday, June 10th.
  • Options
    sunrise52sunrise52 Member Posts: 3
    I'll bet the wider tires on the Sport models knock the fuel economy down slightly. They probably also make the Sport worse in snow (I wouldn't know, haven't taken delivery of my Fit yet, but it's on the way).
    I have an out-the-door price of about $16,250 on an 08 Fit Sport manual from Criswell in Germanton, MD. Very good people to deal with so far. The car hasn't been built yet; it's to be delivered in July.
    Flow Motors in Winston-Salem, NC tried to gouge me for $17,095 for an in-stock model, padding with an "administrative" fee and boosting the destination charge by hundreds until they had their original figure. This was after bargaining with me. Why they couldn't just be honest and say they were sticking with MSRP+ I don't know, but it was a very bad experience and I cancelled my order. Beware.
  • Options
    sunrise52 - be careful so Criswell does not 'accidentally' lose your order. I say that because by July, the Honda Fit (and cars like it) will be in such high demand that dealers will do what they need to do to make a buck (after all those Ridgeline's aren't selling are they?). I suggest getting the VIN from the dealer as soon as possible.

BTW - do you live in MD or NC? Just curious because those dealers are so far apart.
  • Options
    In case anyone is interested, here's the article that came about from the "Press Request" post on June 10, 2008.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080611/AUTO01/806110389/1148-
  • Options
    sunrise52sunrise52 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tip and yes, I'm definitely keeping track of VIN and have order documentation on the way.

Dealers are somewhat far apart but only about six hours, really. I'm in and out of both areas a lot, so either would have been convenient. It came down to service, ethical business dealings and price.
  • Options
    flyuscghiflyuscghi Member Posts: 2
    I had been toying with trading in my 2002 Land Cruiser (which I loved) for something smaller. I always thought the Fit would be fun, but in a moped kind of way. I had driven the auto, but wasn't convinced until I had the MT...what a difference. I brought my LC to Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge VA for a trade. I owned the vehicle, so I was able to get 16,300 for my trade and 16,294 for the Fit. Add on the +++ fees and I was OTD at $1006. I probably got worked a little on the price of the Fit, but I was just happy to get the $$ for my SUV. 2 weeks earlier, I had a dealer in CT offer me $8K for my LC. Most SUV owners are jumping ship like me.. Many dealers not accepting V8, SUV, or P/U trades anymore. First tank average MPG...37 with mixed city and 80 mph highway, more than double my LC!
  • Options
    wildbiologistwildbiologist Member Posts: 1
    I will let you in on my find, if everyone who reads this promises not to buy up the last sport MT... -get an internet quote from Moss Bros. in Moreno Valley. My quote w/ destination charge = invoice price listed on cars.com, etc.. I was amazed! Will be picking mine up soon... I hope I didn't just screw my bargain purchase...
  • Options
    kwingkwing Member Posts: 5
    I recently paid $15,858 plus tax and license for a 2008 Honda Fit Sport with manual transmission. It's black and the $15,858 price included destination charges of $670 and an alarm that I didn't really want but couldn't seem to get out the door without. I financed it through Honda at a rate of 2.9% for 60 months. I bought the Fit at Spreen Honda in Loma Linda, California.