Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    First two weeks of October.
  • badselfbadself Member Posts: 39
    It looks like the turnaround is slightly over four weeks.

My '09 Fit Sport was built August 4-9 and arrived in Baltimore September 10.
  • rlh2rlh2 Member Posts: 11
    Shopping for '09 Fit by internet for pricing. Found one under MSRP, accepted the offer, and was then informed that the price had been changed to $2500 above MSRP! Dealer was unwilling to honor offer extended to me for this car. So, I encourage you to AVOID HONDA OF THOUSAND OAKS due to their unacceptable business practices.
  • ahm1282ahm1282 Member Posts: 3
    The dealer was going to throw in a pinstripe for free with my 09 blackberry pearl sport. It's black/ silver and has the H honda emblem. Should I get it? Does anyone have any preference on these? I can't decide if I like the way it looks. :confuse:
  • kenbtkenbt Member Posts: 33
    pinstripe is not a big deal... really a nothing throw-in

but if that is what is offerred make sure the pinstripe is PAINTED- not the cheapa**
    tape stuff
  • ardentaznardentazn Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    I saw your post and just wanted to see if I can help. I am also located in the So California region. I have emailed about 50 dealers in the past few days, and I got about 5 with MSRP and 1 under MSRP. colors I found are Red, White, Black, Silver...Oh, these are Fit Sport AUTO... If you are interested in the locations, let me know. I am not sure if I should post them on here....
    Hope this helps!
  • ahm1282ahm1282 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice. I will ask the dealer. If they are painted- do you think they'd look good on a Fit? The dealer thinks so but I'm still not sold on the idea!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Does anyone paint pinstripes any more? From your description, it will be a tape decal.

Everyone has an opinion, but my opinion is that pinstripes look cheesy on modern cars..

I'd rather have $50 more off... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• luvindialuvindia Member Posts: 8
    Yesterday I purchased Silver 2009 Honda Auto Base Fit - believe it or not I could strike a deal $520 below MSRP because delear did a mistake and he quoted me the price in an email for 2008 Honda fit :) - 17K out the door in NJ with 7% tax. Buying experience was one of the best, this is the "only" visit to Dealer where the deal was closed without seeing another chap so called salesman's manager-I hate that stuff, salesman will bring someone else to negotiate if he can not handle, part of pressure/sales tactics. So eventually I paid 2008 price for 2009 Fit. I liked "rare" (most of the dealers have only sports available) Base model better than the Sports in terms of city driving, the ride is smoother and cheaper but missing cruise control and Alarm system. MPG is higher for Base by 2 on highways and 1 in City. As soon as cruise control is available I'll opt for one.

BTW salesman tried to sell me accessories for $1000 + service warranty but I told him I don't need it. He did not resist but he also added Wheel locks for free:)
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I agree, especially a car with clean modern lines like the Fit. That being said... I just bought a used T&C van, and it is a champagne metallic and happens to have a simple brownish pinstripe on it, and it really doesn't look bad at all, maybe because the color of the van is so bland and there's so much of that color.
    Who was the dealer? I'll bet others would like to know since they showed a lot of integrity by sticking to their stated offer even though it was clearly a mistake.
    I had painted pinstripes on a Lexus ES300 back in 1991- I had no intention of having it done but they offerred to throw it in- so I asked the Service Manager his opinion of colors- and it ended up looking great- Black/Black with black/gray
    pinstripes.

Where are you located?

I know a few dealers in LA Area are selling for hundreds off MSRP.
    Can you tell me what the "Actual Dealer Invoice" is for this car?

2009 Honda Fit 4-Dr Sport VSA Hatchback
    which has an MSRP of $19,430.00

***Not including the Honda "2% Holdback"

Thanks.
    Ken
    San Pedro, CA 90731
  • waiwai Member Posts: 325
    Where can you see the manufacture date? and what is the mileage on the car when you first look at the car?
  • shriqueshrique Member Posts: 338
    Straight up MSRP For a 2009 Fit Sport. No Add-ons etc.

Minneapolis, MN

Got mine August 29th, 3 days later some jerk backed into me in a parking lot. Just got it back from the body shop 9/12. I owned my car for 13 days and had to drive a 2009 Corolla S for 10 days of it.

(sigh)
  • shriqueshrique Member Posts: 338
    The dealership should be able to tell you what the manufacturer date is.

My mileage was about 13 when I took delivery.
    After waiting for months and searching for days.... We finally got our new fit (silver Sport Auto)!!! We got it for MSRP with free car mats (MSRP $99.00) @ Buena Park Honda. It's not the greatest deal but we did not want to wait for a delivery, as most dealers were out of stock...

Thanks for all the info on this board. We definitely benefited from it!

Noteworthy: Buena Park Reps (Ty and Ericson) were very helpful. They did not have the color in-stock, but spent 5 hours contacting other dealers for a trade. All for roughly $100 off MSRP. Very straight forward. Given the review on this board and some other dealers I've met, this type of service is exceptional!!!
    Just to add to the previous post:

I went to Santa Ana Honda yesterday to see a Silver Fit Sport Auto. I was quoted MSRP over the phone. When I arrived, I realized that there was a "$2000 package" added to it. (To give the representative credit, she did call and left a message to inform me of the package). Representatives were nice and professional. They also tried to ask the manager to let the car go for MSRP. However, this Package is what troubled me the most.
    Here's the details:
    -Alarm
    -Tint
    -Wheel Locks
    $1800+

I believe alarm is standard on the Fit Sport. So, the extras are tint and wheel locks for $1800... I think this type of practice is borderline deceptive. I understand ADMs and markups. But classifying markups as a upgrade package is unjust in my book. Just want to share that... Thanks
  • carbuyer52carbuyer52 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I would be very interested in the locations of the So. Cal dealerships you contacted that have MSRP pricing for the Fit Sport Auto. I am a serious buyer and will delay purchase until MSRP is available to me.
    Thank you for your assistance and any information you can give me.
    I know a few dealers who will sell at MSRP in the LA Area
    Hi kenbt:
    I would be very interested in knowing the LA area dealerships that genuinely will sell at MSRP.
    Appreciate your help.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Installing these clear bras takes a lot of training and a lot of skill!

I wouldn't dream of attempting this myself!

I agree on pinstripes...tacky, But, that's me. Others like them.
    Hello all,
    In attempt to repay in a small way, I have accumulated my pre-negotiated findings...

I will not post individual names, but all prices are quoted from dealer's internet dept. Should you need the specific person's name, you can email me ardentaznyahoo.com. Also, call ahead to see if they have your color in-stock, add-ons, and other details to save time/frustrations...

FIT Sport AUTO
    1.) Buena Park Honda... = MSRP + Free car mat
    2.) Honda of Downey ...= MSRP + Free car mat (none in -stock as of 9/15/2008, will get more cars in 12 days)
    3.) Honda of Downtown LA... = only white in-stock = MSRP
    4.) Riverside Honda... = MSRP
    5.) Diamond Bar Honda... = MSRP
    6.) Colonial Honda... = MSRP
    7.) Norm Reeves Huntington Beach... = MSRP (will have car in 5-10 days)
    8.) San Juan Capistrano Honda.. = MSRP

Deals are not set in stone, perhaps you can bargain for more. But this is a good place to start..

Hope this helps!!!!
  • bionictonybionictony Member Posts: 2
    So the people buying the 09 fits, are you guys paying it in full or financing? Won't paying for it in full lower the total out the door price to below msrp? For example, my sister got a sticker 2005 camry le $22,000 sticker price for $18,500 out the door including tax. So won't the 09 fit sport auto going at $16,060 sticker price sell for less? Like $15,000 out the door taxes included?
    Won't paying for it in full lower the total out the door price to below msrp?

No, it will not. Your sister got a discount on the Camry because there's LOTS of comparable mid-sized cars competing with the Camry. The Fit is the newest and arguably best small car design, and in a world of $4 a gallon gas will command top dollar for the forseeable future.

P.S. Your sticker price on the Fit Sport Auto is wrong. The Base Fit Auto is $16,020. The Sport Fit Auto is considerably more.
  • dougjustdougdougjustdoug Member Posts: 6
    Updating my own post. I've since installed JDM passenger-side (actually, the driver's side in Japan) sun visor, the OEM chrome exhaust finisher, and a "dead pedal" from Zeta Products. I've decided to forego the cargo cover for now. I'm looking to modify my US-spec "H" and "Fit" badges to appear Japanese. The JDM versions are available, but expensive for what they are.
  • kyokonjkyokonj Member Posts: 3
    I want to test drive 09 fit but the dealer doesn't have one to test drive.
    Only way to test drive it is to put 500 down and order the car.

i did it because i want to compare to versa 09 that i also put 500 down to hold the car. it's similar power package and it's 14227. fit base automatic model is 16020, a sticker price.

i am just wondering should i wait for 09 fit to test drive (I don't know when)
    or just go for versa.

i liked the way versa drives but less fuel economy.
  • anonymuleanonymule Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

If you are looking to purchase in the Inland Empire in SoCal, please me an e-mail. I had a straightforward transaction earlier this week with one of the local dealers and I can provide you with the name of the internet fleet manager and his contact info. I had been in contact with about 10 different dealers over the past month shopping for the car. I ended up purchasing from the one who was the most honest and upfront with me. He also had the best e-mail quote which he honored with no gimmicks. As FYI, I did not finance the car, had no trade-in, and declined all add-ons. So, send me an e-mail if you're interested in learning more.
  • fithopefulfithopeful Member Posts: 7
    Hi! I bought my '09 Fit Sport with nav/vsa in Massachusetts last week. I had had my deposit down for a few months. I was actually waiting on a Tidewater Blue one but (like at many other dealers, it seems) that color was not immediately available. I settled on Storm Silver and it has actually grown on me. My dealer did say it could be another month before the blue ones come out so if anyone is waiting on that color that is what I have also heard. Some dealers around here were charging $500 over MSRP but I shopped around and mine met MSRP. I think they are a bit more widely available now here as dealers have actually called me looking to sell....soon perhaps they could go below MSRP...who knows?
  • nernifernernifer Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my 09' fit paid in full out the door price 18,575.53 i received my car on Sept. 16 and have been enjoying it ever since!! i live in Virginia so the taxes are probably different. hope this helps
  • iwant1tooiwant1too Member Posts: 32
    Fithopeful, I'm in MA too, where did you buy your Fit? Thanks.
  • zombietom3zombietom3 Member Posts: 74
    Out-the-door prices don't provide useful information to others wondering what price these cars are going for. Even though otd price is what really matters to a particular buyer, it include taxes, registration and document charges and any dealer charges, which vary all over the place by state and dealership, and therefore does not allow for any useful comparison.. I am interested in what the bottom line price was for the car BEFORE Taxes, fees and dealer/documentation charges.
  • sfbay998sfbay998 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone find 09 Fit Sport AT at MSRP in San Francisco or BayArea ?
    Looking for 09 Fit Sport AT with Silver Color.
  • snoodmastersnoodmaster Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 09 Sport from Crown Motors in Redding CA for MSRP. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive one way from where I live, but it was worth it. All the dealers who were closer to me had large mark-ups.
  • asperasscreamasperasscream Member Posts: 1
    I spent all weekend looking at 09 Fit Sport models. The 09 models here in Memphis, TN cost LESS than the 08 models! Wolfchase Honda offered me a silver 09 Fit Sport for exactly $17,000 flat, including mats, wheel locks, and the little trunk protector. I should have taken the deal but I wanted to spend a little less than that...i'm kicking myself now!!! :cry:
    Thanks, Anyone find 09 Fit Sport AT at MSRP closer San Francisco or BayArea ?
    Looking for 09 Fit Sport AT with Silver Color.
  • srovenssrovens Member Posts: 1
    Hi.
    I'm new to this board so forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I live in mid-state Illinois and am looking for a 2009 Honda fit. Online, at least, none of the dealers around here have ANY, and I really don't want to drive to Chicago or St. Louis just to buy a vehicle.

Anyone know of a different way to get one around here? I'm not real clear on how to deal with "fleet managers" or what the proper chain of command is with all that. And, yes, I have read some, but it sure feels like there's alot of information that I don't know.

thanks for any help
    Sue
  • fitinvancouverfitinvancouver Member Posts: 2
    09 Storm Silver Manual

I paid 19,855.46 USD but then had a $966.00 dealer rebate. Got 7,729.50 USD for my 02 Civic Coupe with 26K miles trade-in. Got all-season mats as well.

Carter Honda in Vancouver
    Can any post which honda dealer in San Francisco or BayArea will do MSRP on 09 Fit Spot AT ?
  • zombietom3zombietom3 Member Posts: 74
    The rules say no email addresses, so just write to sales at averygreene.dealerspace.com , or look up a phone number and call Avery Greene Honda. They are in Vallejo CA and the internet manager says they sell at MSRP, not more and not less, but sell quickly whenever new stock arrives. Mention my email name as reference as I just exchanged messages with him yday. He said three 09 Sport AT arrived over weekend. Good luck.
  • shneorshneor Member Posts: 66
    After working for three weeks with the dealer I bought my (unfortunately totalled) 2007 Fit from to no avail, calling a dozen dealerships from LA to Auburn, and an auto broker (who did find me a base manual, but not a color I wanted) I finally hit the jackpot with Stockton Honda, and a salesman named Rick.

I was looking for a Base Manual in Tidewater Blue. There were, as it turned out, only 3 in California, but they were being sold way over MSRP. Stockton Honda worked out a 3-way swap, and Rick drove from Stockton to SF to Sacramento to El Cerrito and back to Stockton to get my car, a Base Manual in Tidewater Blue, sold to me at MSRP. That's what I call going above and beyond. What a great dealership!

Shneor
  • tacostandtacostand Member Posts: 4
    I have a deposit on 2009 Fit that came in last week, and I'm going into the dealer tomorrow to complete paperwork. This is my first new car purchase, and I was wondering about having accessories like tinting and clear bra added at the dealer vs taking it to an outside shop. I can save about $300 on tint and clear bra if I take it to an outside shop. Any reason not to do this?

Also, anyone with experience installing side molding? I can purchase the molding pieces from a Honda accessories site for $150. Dealer charges $250.
  • wxlwxl Member Posts: 2
    I have not found one dealer near Seattle willing to sell for MSRP. The best I got was $500 plus. I refuse to pay any over MSRP. As a buyer, we should stand our ground. Let the law of supply and demand bring the price down to a reasonable level. With the current sluggish economy, we should have an upper hand.
    I agree. I will not buy in my local area until MSRP is available, and I believe that it soon will be. The dealerships will make a reasonable profit at MSRP. That should be enough.
  • nursedaddynursedaddy Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Been wanting a Fit or two since last year, and waited for the '09.
    Walked into South Shore Honda today after checking their stock online.
    They happened to have an Orange sport, and a Tidewater blue base, both autos.
    After test driving a Civic LX and determining that it was just as wonderful and bland as the 1999 Civic we have, I opted to go with the car that made me smile.
    They let me test drive the Orange sport, and I was all grins. Sure it rides rougher than the Civic, and I could get a Civic for the same money, but I want a more utilitarian car that'll carry odd sized objects, fit in small spots, get great mileage, all the while feeling like a go-kart.
    So I bought both the Orange sport and Tidewater base automatic fits. Paid MSRP + tax and plates for each. Got the remote entry/security system thrown in on the blue base model. Settled for 5.49% financing for 60 months each. 10G's down (5 each) total payment for both cars will be $511 month.

The dealer now has no more Fits. I bought the only two they had, in colors I liked. I got lucky.
  • finixfinix Member Posts: 1
    I would like to test drive Fit with manual transmission. I am in Phoenix, AZ, and dealers here just don't have any MT. When I asked for Sport w/ Nav and MT, they tried to convinced me that it is as rare as snow is Phoenix. Did anybody test drive it? How does it compare with AT?
  • squires82squires82 Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up my BBP 2009 Fit Sport yesterday. I really wanted this color so after putting $300 down, they found one nearby (80 miles away), they brought it to the dealership for me to purchase. I bought it for $17,380.00, which is $200 under MSRP. Dealership was great, no hidden charges and 4.49 percent financing for 60 months. So far, so good!
  • joobeejoobee Member Posts: 2
    Anyone had a good buy with a northern ca dealer recently? I am in the market and I have had 1 quote so far from Autowest Honda-Roseville....
  • nascartrashnascartrash Member Posts: 33
    try san leandro honda they did a no b.s. deal for me.
    I also saw some new fits at napa honda
  • ej2akindej2akind Member Posts: 1
    We live in Urbana, but last year we had the Peoria dealer (Bob Lindsay Honda) get us a base manual silver fit. We got it at msrp with no hassles. We use the Bloomington dealer (Brad Barker Honda) for service and like them too. Looking online wasn't working for us because some dealers put everything on there including the ones that are already pre-sold. Others keep a waiting list for fits so you have to call or go see them to see what their list is like. We put down a $500 deposit and got the car in 3 weeks. Good luck.