Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• bbb99bbb99 Member Posts: 58
    For $15000, what say you guys? The car is in perfect shape.
  • moodgardmoodgard Member Posts: 37
    It's difficult to give feedback on used vehicles. There are so many factors to consider. This thread is primarily for new car buyers. For $2K or so more, you could get a new one. But good luck with your decision and purchase.
    >>>I am looking to get a base Fit with armrest, alarm/keyless. My best offer is $17,213. I am in central NJ. How is the market here? How good is this price? <<<

In NJ, that's not a bad price if it's OTD.
  • apnepapnep Member Posts: 15
    I just bought a brand new, automatic, 2010 Fit Sport, with fog lights, tinted windows, a spoiler, trunk tray, alloy wheels (not sure if this was standard on the Sports), and underbody kit (whatever that is...). I paid, $16, 118 OTD. That included my TTL, Destination, and $1300 trade in. I think I got an excellent deal! I also got us the 1.99% financing.

How'd I do??? :) I got it in Frisco, TX. LOVE the car!

APNEP
  • ickick Member Posts: 17
    Just test drove the car. I got disappointed. I like the cargo space so much but I don't think I can stand the noise when I hit the gas pad. Is it just me or it is a common problem. Is there s set up or a different way to drive so you won't get that much noise?
    So you got the car for $16,469 before TTL and trade in? That seems pretty darn good to me.
    edited March 2010
    I guess that's how it works right?

Price after Trade-in, TTL, and Destination was 16, 118. So, I feel like he really just added what he gave me in trade to the "invoice" price and made it look like he was giving me what I wanted. I felt a little tricked today. Haha. I meant to negotiate price first and even though I thought I was onto his game, he managed to get me excited and work the trade into the deal when I knew better. Those sales people are good. I am wondering if I got the short end of the stick instead of sticking it to them :). Love the car.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Well you didn't mention what you traded in so hard to really say whether you got a good deal or not.
    edited March 2010
    I traded in a 1998 Honda Accord that had 105, 000 miles on it. The CV joints needed repair, and the upholstery was hideous. It has two dents in it and lots of scratches. Oh, and we had the car shopped at Carmax last year and they valued it at 1700 then, but ONE CV joint cost 360 for parts and labor.

Did I still get a good deal?
  • bryan_05bryan_05 Member Posts: 16
    Just paid $16,431 before TTL.

$17,753.08 OTD. I could have haggled off a few hundred extra IMO but I wanted to buy local and get it over with.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    $17,970 - $600 discount = $17,370
    - $1,500 trade in allowance

$15,800 would be a good price

Did you pay more for the car?

OTD is difficult to compare. License, tax, title differ from state to state. OTD is only comparable w/in a state.

Price for car before TTL and "doc fees" is the best number to use to compare a price paid.
    Hi,
    I had a typo in my initial email. Here is what we paid.

invoice =15,000
    add ons= 500 (tinted windows, trunk tray, spoiler, wheel locks, underbody stuff)
    TTL= 1388
    dest.= 710
    doc. fees= 180 (i wish i hadn't paid for this)
    trade= 1360
    total= 16,478

MSRP on our car was 17,200. Now I don't know if I got a good deal or not. :(

Thanks, Ang
    Well sounds like you paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $17,000 plus the TT&L, minus the trade-in and the average price is $17,639 (doesn't include the $600 incentive) so based on that it's an ok deal so I wouldn't feel bad about the deal.
    Alamocity,

Definitely not. Our contract states the total price paid as $17+ after TT&L, destination and all other fees, minus the trade in.

Thanks, Ang
    Sorry, was only trying to help will defer to the experts as to whether you got a good deal or not.
    Alamocity, :)
    I am just obsessing over this darned car purchase. I wasn't really expecting to buy a car this weekend and now I'm just worried we didn't get a good deal because it was all so rushed.

Thanks, Ang
    All I'll add is don't drive yourself crazy worrying about it, just sit back and enjoy your new Fit.
    You are right, Alamocity. :)
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    Nice car...pulled up next to one yesterday at a stop light and got a good look. A bit smaller than my Civic, which I love, but really nice especially in the sport model. Can see why people like these...and the Versa. Small enough for any driving situation with good gas mileage.

So go enjoy it and stop doubting yourself.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Thank you,Sandman. When hubby got home, he let me drive it! Haha. We took it to the store and I looked back at it as we were walking away. It's a really cute car. Today I was finally able to start enjoying it. It's actually his car, and I still have to drive my van, but I am excited for him.

Thanks for helping me through my silly obsession. :)
  • fitftwfitftw Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone, I got a quote for $18430 OTD for a 2010 Fit Sport. Is that a good price?

I reside in Chicago. The quote I received was from O'Hare Honda in Des Plaines. Our family is looking to trade a 2000 Honda Civic LX with only 60k miles.

Thanks for any input.
  • jonnysubarujonnysubaru Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2010
    Just bought my new silver mist fit sport this week for 15988 from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. You'd think these guys would be more expensive being in palo alto but the y actually have the best prices I've found. This deal seems to be available regularly if you deal with their internet department, but you won't likely get this deal if you walk into the sales floor.
    Sale Price 15988, 55doc, 67reg, 181lic,8.76catire,20smog, ~$17700otd (I live in 9.75%tax area)
    I've read other folks notes about this car at 15888 but now their deal is 15988. Pretty sure their internet department prices is 16198 if you miss the special and don't want to wait until the next one. This is for a new 2010 Fit Sport Auto.

By the way, the owner of this dealer actually cares about his business, and replied to an email I sent him with input. He contacted me back directly and met me when I made the transaction- it was awesome.

They may or may not let you use a yelp discount too.
    Contact Jack Puls (jpuls@andersonsuperstore.com) and if you deal with him, let him know "jondotcom" sent you. He is low pressure and a cool guy.
    Sounds like a very good price, in my area the inventory levels are low so naturally the prices here are much higher.
  • bryan_05bryan_05 Member Posts: 16
    No it's not. I paid $17,7xx OTD no trade-in. I got mine down state but had a similar quote from Planet Honda.
    Thanks. Yes the only cheaper deal I've seen in this forum on a new fit sport auto was 15,888 at the same dealer some months back. They seem to keep doing the 15,988 special now, and I'm pretty sure it's 16,188 if you walk in and don't know the special. In the regular (non internet department) I'm pretty sure they some out with ~16,500 ish from what one of the general sales managers said.

The real downside for me was my local sales tax at 9.75%... it's unbelievable.

Anderson Honda in Palo Alto CA rocks.
    Well your out the door price isn't much higher than the price of the car here, even the high volume dealers only have a few on hand so in spite of the price they are moving them. Much easier to get a deal on the Accord or Civic.
  • sfdriver1sfdriver1 Member Posts: 2
    The best quote I got in the Bay Area using Edmunds was $18,207 otd for a Fit Sport automatic. Base price for car is $16,288. Sounds like there are better deals out there than what I'm getting. I'm going to try Anderson in Pali. Did you have a trade-in? I have a 1999 Corolla with 125k in fair condition to trade.
    I didn't have a trade in. What you do is go to andersondirect.com and request a quote from their internet department. They should have a $15988 one on sale or I believe their price was $16,188 if all of the sale ones are gone. Ask for Jack Puls or Gus Stevenson if you call them directly.

I'd recommend just selling your car private party because they are not going to want to take anything with that amount of miles on it.

Good luck!
  • texsavagetexsavage Member Posts: 1
    Several area dealers are adding as much as $1935.00 in dealer installed option to the $!7,970 MSRP of the 2010 Fit Sport Auto. Any experience in dealing with this would be appreciated. I'm afraid my string of below MSRP purchases may come to an end if we move forward with the Fit.
  • rte2commuterrte2commuter Member Posts: 9
    On Saturday I signed an offer for a Fit Sport Navi. No haggling - I was willing to pay MSRP (I know - I'm an idiot). I was even flexible on the color - I would have been happy to just get one and be done car shopping. But 3 days later I was shopping the dealerships again because my Honda dealer said they just couldn't get their hands on a Fit Sport Navi. They had warned me on Saturday that there were only 3 to be found in all of New England (!?) but they thought they could grab one for me. Then on Tuesday they admitted that they didn't know when/if another Fit Sport Navi would come their way. So I cooled off a bit, started shopping around again, and I bought a sweet little VW Golf TDI yesterday. My OTD price for the Fit would have been 21,356 (Honda offered me 300 for my trade-in which I turned down) while my OTD for the VW was 22,358 (VW offered me 1500 for the same trade-in and I took it). Plus the new Golf TDI comes with a green car 1300 tax credit. The TDI has a more refined interior, a smooth quiet ride with a lot of torque, heated seats, touch-screen Sirius radio w/ bluetooth, and insane diesel fuel efficiency/longevity (my last VW TDI - the trade-in - got close to 50 mpg overall and piled on 225,000 miles over 9 years). With the tax credit, my new TDI actually ended up costing $298 *LESS* than the Fit. :surprise: Don't get me wrong - I still like the Fit - but the top of the line Fit MSRP does look way out of line when you see what that money can do elsewhere. So I ended up without a Fit, but I'm very happy with the way it went. ;)
    Sorry to hear that. I had also considered VW tdi also due to their awesome drivetrain and general feel, but I had to go with Honda due to reliability, low maintenance cost, and resale value. Honda replaced the transmission in my Odyssey for free when it was ~8 years old and had 100k miles on it (out of warranty since 36k miles)... I don't know of any other car company that would do that! Enjoy your purchase!
    4 door or 2 door? Sounds like you are going to get better mpg in the golf, maybe it's worth looking into for some of us fit freaks. Is the cost per mile higher on your golf? It just seems like hondas dont need much upkeep, where vw's tend to have more problems. My wife had a jetta and that car was expensive to repair, my honda civic, not so much.
  • rte2commuterrte2commuter Member Posts: 9
    2-door. Can't give you a real cost per mile estimate based on predicted upkeep costs but I was attracted to the Fit because of Honda's reputation for reliability and affordable maintenance. I think Honda wins on that score. A TDI is a complicated sophisticated machine and you have to find a good diesel mechanic or pay premium prices at the dealership to keep it going. So yeah - a VW TDI is probably more expensive to service unless you can do the routine stuff yourself (I don't). On the other hand, the regular gas version of the Golf has a very good reliability record - better than the TDI - so that may be the car that stands up to or surpasses the Fit, especially since the pricing on a gas Golf is more competitive. You don't get the massive cargo space and the seats don't fold down perfectly flat like the Fit (definitely a cool Fit feature) but there's no comparison w.r.t. the quality of the ride and the interior. The Golf is quieter, smoother, rock-solid stable, and the interior is sweet. Plus you have more feature options with the Golf and I'm guessing the overall mpg may be about the same. The VW Golf is definitely a car to look at if you're doing a comparison shop.

In the meantime, for me, I drive 400-500 miles a week and being able to stop for gas once a week instead of twice a week turns out to be big in my book. Only a TDI or a hybrid can sail past the gas stations and the hybrids are no fun to drive at all. Maybe some day when I stop driving so much I'll take another look at the Fit. It's definitely a great car.
  • senator2001senator2001 Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

When you purchased the car for $15,988, did you also qualify for the 1.9% financing?

I'm in the Seattle area and none of the dealers want to go below $17,500. I can purchase and have shipped from Palo Alto and still save $1,000.

Thanks!
    I had my own financing. You may or may not lose a rebate if you take an incentive finance rate, but that wasn't the case the last time I financed through ahfc.

If I were you, I'd go to andersondirect.com and get a quote on the FIT, and take a little vacation to come down and get it. Get all the details in writing down to the total out the door and finance rate if you're seriously going to do it.

Good luck!
  • sc4sc4 Member Posts: 2
    My GF just bought a 2010 honda fit sport AT for 17,400 OTD in western NY. Is this a good deal?
  • sc4sc4 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    She is worried that we didnt get a good enough deal. This is in western NY and we paid 17,400 OTD. I think its a decent deal, not the best possible, but respectable.

you thoughts?
  • richierich1212richierich1212 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Your deal seems fine. I've e-mailed a few Honda dealers located here in the SF Bay Area, and I've gotten quotes as low as $16710 (includes destination fee of $710) - $16988 (includes destination fee) for auto and $15,911 - $16,200 for 5-spd. Does this seem a little high? Even Anderson Honda was pretty high.
    Did you go directly to Anderson's web site www.andersondirect.com ? When I went for a quote there they had the 2010 fit sport auto including destination for $15,988 on special. I was unable to find a better deal than that.
    Whether or not you got a good deal is hard to determine from the OTD cost due to varying taxes and state fees, and misc fees like doc, destination, etc.

What was the purchase price of the car? Itemize the fees and taxes so we can tell.

I got a great deal on mine but all the state fees (9.75%TAX!!!) killed the OTD price (basically the same as yours). Sounds to me like your out the door was less than MSRP, so I guarantee you did better than a lot of folks!
  • ursamajor1ursamajor1 Member Posts: 39
    fitftw, how much is the dealer offering you in trade? That's a low mileage Civic, have you tried to sell it privately? Is it in good condition?
    We didn't go to the dealer yet to ask for a trade. I know before, they just used kbb, and it'd be around 4k. The car's in a really good condition. We barely use it for long driving because we have a second car. We're trying to trade while it still has decent value. I'm hoping to get over 5k for the trade from the dealer. And no, we haven't tried selling it privately.
  • go_bears1go_bears1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I just signed a deal for a white 2010 Honda Fit Sport with all-season floor mats for $18900 OTD and 1.9% financing.

Vehicle price: $17500 ($500 below MSRP)
    Registration/ 6% tax/ liscence: $1100
    "Dealer fees": $300
    (The cost to finance for 5 years at 1.9% was like $850...so not too bad in my book!)
    All season floor mats: "complimentary"

I didn't have a trade-in and I don't currently own a car, so I did everything over the phone. I offered $18,900 OTD with all season floor mats and the dealer agreed. There were no Fits on the ground in the Boise area for the longest time, so I am glad to have one! I'm not interested in the hassle of ordering a car from out-of-state. The dealer is getting mine shipped in about 2 weeks from now. Can't wait! :blush:
  • lmccoylmccoy Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote from O'hare Honda/Chicago for the Fit Sport for $16,149. The fees, taxes, etc. are as follows:

Taxes 9.25%
    Destation $710.00
    Doc 154.38
    Plates 120.00
    Cook County 15.00

Was your base price lower than $16,149?

Anyone in the Chicago area get a better deal? DETAILS PLEASE.
    That's the exact quote I got from them a month ago. And frankly, that was the lowest one I got between the 4 or 5 dealers I contacted.
  • richardmnixonrichardmnixon Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I'm looking to get a new Fit but I was hoping to get a few more months out of my car since I just put a lot of work into fixing it. Honda has a special 0.9%/1.9% financing offer right now which the dealer told me isn't offered often on the Fit. Is there a record of past incentives to get an idea of when something like this will come again? Is that a great offer or will that come around every other month?

I'll put somewhere in the range of 6 or 7k down leaving the loan of ~10k if that's relevant.

Thanks,
    Tim
  • swc614swc614 Member Posts: 1
    I also made a vist to Ohare Honda earler this month when they were selling hail damaged cars and was quoted $14900+tax, title ect. on an white sport automatic but Schaumburg Honda had the one I wanted, a sport with manual trans and got it for $15800+tx title & doc fees. I think this was a pretty good deal.
    I hope this helps some people
  • fizznitfizznit Member Posts: 1
    Bought my Midnight Blackberry Sport (AT) the last week of April. Quote was from their internet department, and was in line with O'Hare Honda's internet quote.

From Brilliance Honda of Crystal Lake, IL:

"The 2010 Honda Fit Sport automatic, MSRP is $17,970.00 and your no haggle Internet Price is $15,646.00 plus destination, tax, title & license."

Total paid (including $250.00 of "Dealer Added Options"--Wheel locks, all weather floor mats, and "Protection Package" --sheesh), McHenry/Kane Co. (IL) taxes and new plates, Price Out-the-Door was at $18,253.00.*

I paid cash, but had the option of 1.9% financing for 36 mos. through the end of April.

I really like this car!
  • mg7013mg7013 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote from my local dealer on NEW Honda Fit Sport w Navigation for $18 610 + tax and DMV fee. They said NO hidden fees. I'm going Wed night to see it and buy it eventually. Is this a good price???? In my books it is.... I live in NYC.
    I was just negotiating for pre-owned one 2009 with 12k miles, with Navigation, for $17 600. For thousand more, better get new one, no!?
    Either I'm bad shopper, but I wasn't able to find anything like that which runs below 17k. And I'm specific that I want one with navigation.
    Any thoughts/advises!? Greatly appreciated, thanks! :)
    Price it in Central New Jersey and buy from there. You'll save a decent chunk of money, even if you have to pay the slightly higher NY tax.