Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Fit Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

1464748495052»

Comments

• maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    edited April 2012
    lostwaffle: when you buy the sport with navi, does it automatically include the phone? If so, is it voice (recognition) controlled, or is it controlled by one of the buttons on the steering wheel?
  • nank1nank1 Member Posts: 1
    Jam looking at a 2011 with 4200 miles on it and am wondering what is wrong withit that someone would sell
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Don't "wonder" too far. You might get lost. ;)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you recently traded in a gas guzzler for a more fuel-efficient new vehicle, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with your daytime contact info and the makes and models of the vehicles.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Some folks don't like the seating position of the Fit, so maybe the previous owner didn't figure that out during the test drive.
  • fluxtorfluxtor Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy 2012 Sport Auto in the greater Seattle/Puget Sound area. Anyone out there had some good deals below MSRP? My quote was $19200 PLUS tax/title. Thanks in advance.
  • pixelvillepixelville Member Posts: 7
    Norcal10,

17.7K OTD is great. What state/tax rate? Did you have a trade-in?

The best quote I have recd for 2012 Fit Base Auto is 16.5K + Tax & title = 18.2K OTD in Bay Area.
  • cantgetanamecantgetaname Member Posts: 2
    Okay here goes. I'm sure there were better deals to be had but they're more than 120 miles from where I live. Make sure when people tell you their low low prices they include fees and if the dealer was able to stick them for anything when they weren't looking.

2012 Honda Fit Sport Auto, No Nav:
    MSRP
    Sticker $17,760
    Destination $770
    Total: $18,530

My Breakdown:
    Price with destination $18,200
    Doc Scam Fee $399.50
    Window Etching anti theft Scam Fee $229.00
    DMV $28.25
    Tax $1,407
    Total $20,263.75

Here's how the deal went. We came to my price of $18,200 pretty quick. I knew they would agree because they make it back in their bogus fees. I gave half down. I looked around before I went in and was expecting 2.90% at 60mo.

It's been my experience that once you've made the deal they make you sit around and wait for the all important finance person. My theory is they make you wait so you'll get tired and want to leave and will hurriedly sign the contract without much thought thinking the deal is done. I tell the salesperson I have severe ADHD and will get board and leave so we take to driving different Hondas while waiting. I like the Accord but it is far bigger than I need, the Civic is okay but I really like the hatchback of the Fit. I'd say just over an hour passed when his royal heinous finally summoned me.

Okay, so at this point I thought I was going to get the rip off etching fee removed but I was wrong. Finance dude was like, the fee is lagit blah blah blah. So we stare at each other for a bit. I think hmmm, he's not going to budge so since I'm spending the money I'll take $229 worth of accessories give or take a dollar or two. So I told him I'd like the nice winter floor mats and the cargo cover thing for my $229. He agrees and we move along. Here he attempts to sell me a litany of superfluous items, scotch guard, extended warranty, prepaid service, something.. I don't know I stopped listening to be honest.

I go over the contract and the fellow had 4.9% printed on the thing. I was like no way my credit is over 800. He says 4.9% is good and I said it's good if your credit is bad. He voids this contract and prints out max rate of 2.9%. I sign and was on my way.

And there you have it. It is what it is and was what it was. I know this was not the deal of the century but I wanted to show a whole deal end to end. Remember to go over that contract like crazy because that's what really matters and if they owe you something due after the sale be sure to get a "We Owe" because once the contract is signed their memory fades quickly.

Good luck to all!
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    cantgetaname: can you tell me if hands free phone can be had on the 2012 sport model, or do you have to have navigation? I suspect it is the latter, and another reason why Honda is behind them times when compared to Hyundai and the soon to be release Nissan Versa hatchback.
  • cantgetanamecantgetaname Member Posts: 2
    You are correct, you must get navigation in order to get bluetooth.
  • skyhorseskyhorse Member Posts: 1
    Having a hard time finding a fit in north Texas. Found a used 2011. Drove it. Salesguy was in a hurry. Drove a Chevy Sonic. Won't fit my dog crate (have a big dog). So went to another dealership that had some 2012s (supposedly). decided I'd buy a base model 2012. But that's where it went downhill. don't set foot in a dealership I learned! then went online and got a good (hopefully ) quote for $16341 +TTR from the place that had the used one. They will have to find me one. includes add-ons. We'll see. here's my story on the bad experience (which I accidently posted under the good dealership)...

The manager and salesman lied. They lied in person and on the phone about the car and price. Mis-led me about the car. High pressure sales tactics. Left feeling victimized ... Started off bad when I called on my way there and the mgr lied to me about the stock they had on the lot. Said "Yes, they had some." They had ONE. When I got there I was walked around the ENTIRE lot searching for this car. Finally said, no, I'm going to wait by my truck til you find the car. Then suddenly he found it. Then salesman mis-led me about the car being a base model. He pointed out the extra features (I didn't know they were extra at the time) such as window tinting and wheel locks. Never mentioned they were an add-on. He saw me write down the price on the window. Never told me that wasn't the price. Tried to get me to buy that night. All kinds of questions. Pressured me to give more info than I wanted. Wanted me to leave a deposit as it was the "only one". Next day, after doing my research, I called in with an offer and said I didn't want to waste our time. Would he ck on the offer? He came back to the phone and said that was "good"... we could deal. He asked again if I wanted to leave a deposit. I said no, if they accepted that price I'd buy that night. So when I got there after work, suddenly on paper the price was WAY higher than the sticker price (about $1000) with the dealer add-ons. This is a cheap car anyways and I did not want the extras. He kept arguing with me about the price - wouldn't accept the offer he had accepted on the phone. Actually had the gall to say he never said they would accept that offer. At one point he took the rate sheet to the mgr and came back with a changed sheet - looked suspicious to me. They had taken off the options but upped the base price of the car. Here's the deal, the salesman KNEW there were options on the car (as he had pointed them out to me the day before) ... so why would he let me think that was the base price? Just to get me back into the dealership so they could pressure me some more. I was confused about their financing offer (wouldn't confirm to a rate) and they kept pressuring me about how much I had said I wanted to spend and this was in that range. How it was the only one. I upped my price by several hundred dollars, told them that was my last offer - then the mgr came over, shook my hand, and said, sorry we can't make a deal. What a total WASTE of time! Actually if they hadn't lied and mis-led me I might have bought the car for the extra but didn't trust them. Worse experience ever.
  • jackdelia4ujackdelia4u Member Posts: 26
    Hi...can someone tell me if I am getting a fair deal here in South Florida on a 2012 Honda Fit Sport Automatic for $19,800.00 out the door tax included with the following add ons:
    wheel locks, pin striping, floor mats, door edge protectors, cargo tray and cargo cover. Tax here in Florida is 6%. Just want to know if I am getting a decent deal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, J.
  • thezonethezone Member Posts: 26
    Anyone bought a Honda Fit in Dallas area... what was the price out the door? Also wanted to know if there are any discounts on 2012 models, since the new ones are out.

:confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a small car buyer/shopper. If you've recently purchased a small car or are shopping for a small car, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. PT/ 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, October 3.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• buyer57buyer57 Member Posts: 1
    What is the lowest price I can get on a 2012 Honda Fit Base Auto with no options in CA?
    What is the lowest price I can get on a 2013 Honda Fit Base Auto with no options in CA?
  • rmclemorermclemore Member Posts: 1
    I used Consumer Reports to get the actual price. This report costs $14. When you get the price report you can, at the same time, ask dealers to quote their lowest and send it to you.

I received 4 replies from Bay Area Honda dealers within 24 hours. Lowest price was from Vallejo for a 2012 Honda Fit Base, no options. All prices from local dealers were within $200 of the lowest. These 2012 are almost gone, although as of Sunday there were 4 Silver Honda Fit Base models in San Leandro, but they didn't participate in the Consumer Reports thing.

Today I bought a Silver Honda Fit base model at Avery Greene, in San Leandro. The purchase price as "guaranteed" with a Consumer Reports coupon was 16,152, plus tax and license, total cost, with a SF address (slightly higher taxes) 17,800 bucks and change. The Consumer Reports route will give you a bar coded coupon you take to the dealer and I don't know if they will take this post to offer you the price.

My experience today, buying the car, would make me avoid Honda in El Cerrito as they totally attempted to up sale me into Sport, didn't have base models to sell and generally reminded me of the the "bad ol' days" of dealers. No trust there, although I suppose you'd be wise to be skeptical of all dealers.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with new owners of micro or subcompact cars (i.e. Chevy Spark, Scion iQ, Honda Fit, Mazda 2, Fiat 500, etc.) to learn how the experience has changed how they think about what they need in a car, and how they use their cars. If you fit this description, please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact information by Friday, October 19, 2012.
  • hondaman2010hondaman2010 Member Posts: 5
    Which 2013 Honda should I get for driving to work, meetings, grocery store, city driving, short trips under 300 miles, etc.??? I want a car that has good resale, good gas mileage and definitely good overall QUALITY. Quality is very important to me. Which Honda should I get? 2013 Honda Civic, 2013 Honda Fit Sport, or maybe a 2013 Hyundai Elantra/Sonata?
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    How long do you plan on keeping it? My Honda Fit is 6 years old with 80,000 miles and runs like new, so there's no reason you'd need to sell it or trade it in after only a few years. The quality of the Honda Civic hasn't been so good the past couple of years. Hyundai is getting better, but the resale of the Fit is still better. Plus the Fit is much more practical then either of the other two cars mentioned with 20CuFt of cargo behind the second row and a huge amount of space when you fold the seats down. Personally I plan on keeping my Fit for 20 years because it's basically a simple car (in today's definition of "simple") and will probably go 200,000 mile without any major repairs. I average in the low 30s MPG.
  • crv16crv16 Member Posts: 205
    edited April 2013
    In MA:
    MSRP $18,700

$17,555
    $289 doc fee
    $1,097 6.25% sales tax
    $29 state inspection
    $125 registration fee
    $5 title fee
    ----------
    $19,100 OTD, with AHFC 0.9% financing
  • hangover_24hangover_24 Member Posts: 11
    Hello Guys, I am looking to know the price paid for 2013 FIT Sport. Please let me know..

Also, interested in group buy..

Thanks
  • lcwhitelcwhite Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Purchased 2013 FIT Sport Automatic on 5/11/2013:
    Sale Price: $18500.00
    TTL, Fees: $ 376.45
    Total: $18,876.45

Including: Window tint (a must-have here in TX), door edge guards (NOT film), cargo tray, bumper applique, wheel locks. Also interior and exterior "protection," (whatever that is).
    In addition, dealer threw in 60 mo/60,000 mile extended service agreement.
    Financing was 0.9%, 60 months.
  • squeak9906squeak9906 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Just bought a new Fit Base automatic, 2013 in North Dallas.

Dealer add ons had window tint, pinstripe, wheel locks and mudflaps - none of which I wanted, but were nice to have for free.

I'm in sales/product development and negotitate for a living, so knew what to do. Did all of the initially conversations on the Internet and didn't give out a phone number. Did not want a personal relationship with the,, just wanted a new car at the best possible price.

Worked with internet managers (who are paid on volume and not dealer profit) and negotiated very very hard. I knew the price I was willing to pay and wasn't afraid to walk out and made sure they knew it. It did have an advantage, because I had 5 dealerships within a 20 mile radius of my home. Actually walked from one dealership, but the 2nd dealer took the offer the 1st one refused (first one wanted $750 more).

All of the negotiation was done as an 'out the door' price, so I knew there wouldn't be funny business with add ons and doc fees. Made sure they knew I wanted no add ons, but some of the things above we just couldn't remove - but I refused to pay $1 more for any of the dealer add ons I got above. This is key - the dealer add ons is a huge profit center for dealerships (I mean, how much does it really cost to add a pinstripe?)

Cost I got was $16,583, LESS A $500 DEALER KICKBACK I GOT FOR FINANCING THRU HONDA. I hadn't intended to finance, but it was $500, so I figured why not. My plan was to pay it off the first month, but I got a 0.9% interest rate, so I figure I'd be crazy to pay it off! The dealer said that the $500 rebate only came with financing and wasn't common knowledge --- so if you are buying now make sure you remember that!

My out the door cost, include all of the destination fees, taxes (6.5%) and license fees and everything else you can think of was. $17,383
  • jms3533jms3533 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2013 Honda Fit base in east central florida for $17,400.00. This included tax, tag transfer, any and all fees,etc. it is an automatic, white exterior.
  • toyotahelpztoyotahelpz Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Bought a new 2013 honda fit automatic base in Nevada. I paid $16,838 + Taxes & Fees of $1962 + $1000 down payment - $500 off incentive - they are paying my first month ($260). My interest rate is locked for 60 mo at 0.9%. The asking price on the sticker was $19080, but MSRP is $17015, invoice price was $16588. How did I do?!

Taxes & Fees = Tax ($1305), Dealer Doc (399.5), Theft Fee ($229), Title fee ($28.25)
  • sparkndutchsparkndutch Member Posts: 31
    Hello Everyone,

I see it's pretty dead here bit figured I'd still ask on here.. Looking to purchase a 2013 Honda Fit Sport (no Navi) Automatic. Wanted to see what's the best prices everyone received in the Los Angeles Area. All feedback is greatly appreciated =)

-Ricky
  • sparkndutchsparkndutch Member Posts: 31
    Well ended up buying the Fit today 9/29 for:

$16,743.00 before taxes/docs/fees.... a $2,057.00 discount below MSRP.

Bought it at Galpin Honda in Mission Hills.... Go see Chris S (Internet Manager)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• birdlady2birdlady2 Member Posts: 1
    I’m going to buy a Honda Fit lx 2018 for 308 a month for 60 months with , .09%. Do you thinks it way to much? I live in riverside, ca