Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 350

Comments

• erik_herik_h Member Posts: 77
    If you are an audiophile, the ML is the way to go. If you just want very good sound the "premium" or standard system is the way to go. When the vehicle is moving there is enough background noise to cancel out most of the benefit in the ML. I felt it wasn't worth the premium for the ML.
  • rpacrpac Member Posts: 83
    Hello freiwill01 - Re your question on Mark Levinson sound system. I have owned two 2007 RX350's. One with Levinson sound and one with standard. My comment? Stay away from Levinson. NO NO NO. It is not worth the money. Sound quality was very poor, stereo effect was awful. Lexus made a mistake big time. I now drive an RX350 with standard sound system and it has a beautiful sound and stereo quality. Yes, I traded the original car in because I was so disgusted with Mark Levinson sound. Dont even consider it because I am sure you will be sorry in the long run. Just my 2 cents worth and happy driving!
  • oldsargoldsarg Member Posts: 21
    I have a 2005 RX330 with 30,000 miles on it. Request posts from RX350 owners on gas mileage. I have been getting about 24-25 MPG; however, this weekend I was getting about 28 MPG driving with the cruise control set at 65 MPH and the air conditioner on. The outside temperature was 88 degrees. How about RX350 owners' gas mileage? Are you getting that good of gas mileage? I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it was trying to show up my new 2007 Toyota Prius which is getting about 50-52 MPG.
  • oldsargoldsarg Member Posts: 21
    In my opinion, the Mark Levinson sound system was made for clarity, not bass enhancement. Even though I don't know the specifics of the electronics of the system, it seems to have a wider range of small compander steps which enhances clarity in the high and low frequencies.
    Nello oldsarge - Yes, from the day I took delivery of my 07 RX350 I was getting the same gas mileagae that you mention. I was pleasantly surprised. However, with very high temperatures where I live, the car proved its worth when it came to gas mileage. The only thing I dont like, is the fact that the manual says use only premium.
  • freiwill01freiwill01 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you all for your input. I guess the best way is for me to listen to both systems and decide for myself. It seems that reviews are mixed on different forums that I've checked. Here's the offer that I'm working on.

Offer Price: $40,518 (excluding ttl)
    Total MSRP: $44,786
    - Base 2008 RX350 FWD: $37,400
    - Destination Charge: $715
    - Navi/Mark Levinson package: $6,190
    - Towing Prep Package: $160
    - Mudguards: $142
    - Cargo tray: $110
    - Wheel locks: $69

This is actually a special order because I didn't want all the extra options (heated seats, 18" alloy wheels, rear dvd system) that are normally added to a levinson RX. According to the salesperson, target delivery date 4-6 weeks. This is an Atlanta dealership.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    hi, Oldsarg: I was planning on posting a comment about the gas mileage on my '07 RX350, but I'm going to go ahead and post it here also, after seeing your post. I purchased my RX back in August of last year. With my first or second tank of gas, the readout for the cruising range was at 390 to 395 miles. Fast forward to this past week in June of 2007, and
    I have noticed after filling up my tank with the last couple of fill-ups that my cruising range is only coming up to 290 miles. I was quite dismayed to see this big drop in gas mileage. Now, understand, I do mostly city driving, five or six miles one way to Downtown.
    The only highway driving I do is for vacation or visiting family in South Florida three times a year. I live in Tampa, Florida.

My average mpg readout had been reading out at around 17 to 18mpg's. I decided about a week ago I was going to really try and be cognizant of the way I drive. In other words, I would be attempting to drive like a "little old lady." What I've been doing is on take-off at the stop light I try not to accelerate past the Number 2 on my RPM odometer, I try to coast a little bit more when coming to a stop light, try to do less hard braking. Voila! my
    mpg readout jumped up to a little over 20 mpg's
    today. I was pleasantly surprised.

I admit it's a little bit of a challenge to drive so conservatively, but it's also a fun challenge at the same time. Also, please note that I have been running regular unleaded gas in my RX for just about the whole time I've had the car. Who knows? I might even see even more of an increase if I were to put the premium gas, but until the prices come down some more, I just don't want to do it right now. Otherwise, the car drives perfectly fine driving on regular unleaded.

I do get much better mpg's the few times I've made some trips, but that's not very often. So around town gas mileage has become pretty important to me. Again, it may not be easy to achieve these results, but it can be done! Good luck, everyone! I will continue with my
    "conservative" driving to see if those mpg's come up some more!
  • jasdmwjasdmw Member Posts: 118
    Just bought a 350 on the weekend; get it Saturday coming. It is specified to run on premium (91). However, the salesman who drives one as his demo runs regular in his. The only difference would be slightly less mileage and possibly a fewer less ponies. When I get mine, I intend to try both and evaluate the pros/cons. Have a feeling, though, at 15 cents per litre price differentials, I'll be using regular. Note that Toyota Sienna, Camry XLE and the 2008 Highlander all use the same engine. The Sienna commercial proports 266 HP; RX is 270. If that's the difference, my decision is easy.
  • dropseyddropseyd Member Posts: 1
    I read a rumor that the RX is getting completely redesigned in early spring 2008 for the 2009 model. Does anyone know any details about this? I am considering the 2008 RX 350 and the dealer said he can give me a very attractive deal, but I am nervous buying a car set to be redesigned and have depreciation ramp up because of it.
  • eurotrash3eurotrash3 Member Posts: 8
    The RX is indeed being redesigned completely for next year. Rumors have it that it's going to come in two flavors: an RX350 and an RX350L. The "L" version will be longer and have a 3rd row seat. The brand new Toyota Highlander just hit the market, so the Lexus version shouldn't be too far off. Internet leaks should start to appear in the fall with a spring launch followed by a fall on sale date. So if rumors hold, you're looking at waiting a good year until you can get the new car.

But as all savvy car shoppers know, you never buy the first production run of any car. You should always wait at least a year before buying a redesigned model in order to allow for production bugs to work itself out. I would take a great deal on a 2008 RX and keep it for a couple of years and then get the new one a few years in. You can use the fact that it's being redesigned as a negotiating tool so that the depreciation won't be too harsh.

Good luck!
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    I would have no qualms about buying any Lexus in its first year of production. I bought an RX300, an LS430, and an SC430 in the first month they became available, and all were extremely reliable.
  • jasdmwjasdmw Member Posts: 118
    This weekend I met a gent who works in the Corolla/Matrix side of the plant in Cambridge. He told me the first Lexus production teams are preparing to go to Japan shortly for their initial training. He's seen photos but doesn't specifically know production start dates. He did acknowledge significant differences, but wasn't able to elaborate much.

I just bought my '08 350. It's a great car and should do me well for the 4-6 years I intend to keep it. By then; who knows. Buying the first off the line will likely entail more $ and you can bet the new version will certainly have more stuff in it.

BTW, the new Corolla/Matrix are apparently going to be quite the piece as well. He mentioned something about a 300HP version?? That would be a real road burner!
  • erc66erc66 Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone seen this color on the RX350? Apparently it is selling very well and the dealerships that I've been to don't have it in stock. It's hard to tell on the Lexus website what it really looks like. Thoughts? Photos?
    Just a short note. My 07 RX350 was purchased in Dec of 06.
    I drive about 40 miles to work everyday in LA. All freeway driving. I use premium and my 'readout' shows 22 mpg. Considering that I cruise at 80 for most of the way, I think that is very good and am very pleased :) .
    In answer to your query. I have seen what you call the Desert Sage and I find it to be a very bland non-metallic car. To me it looked like and old used car. Just my 2 cents!
    I would like to address transmission problems in my 07 RX350, with 7000 miles. When I first start the car in the morning the temp outside is maybe 70 degreesF The car runs at high idle (maybe 1500rpm) for about 3 – 5 minutes. Weather gets colder, takes longer to warm up. After which time you can smoothly shift the transmission and then drive off, but not without a muted ‘clunk’ as you pass thru 1st gear while driving. This only happens as I drive off, and only for a block or two, then goes to normal smooth shifting. Domestic cars that I have owned all started up fine, and I drove right off without any ‘funny’ sounds from the transmission. Just a smooth as silk driveaway.Talked with the dealer and he says – take your time - get ready to leave – let it idle for a few minutes and you won’t have that trouble. So what do I do in an emergency. Sit and wait until the tranny warms up? What’s up? I know the Lexus is supposed to have a good reliable reputation, but I am really puzzled. Any comments would be more than appreciated. By the way, I did drive an RX350 2008 loaner car while mine was being serviced. Same problem. I can’t believe this is what they call Lexus quality. What is it they say? “The relentless pursuit of perfection”. Seems to me they are still persuing perfection but can’t seem to quite make it yet? Thanks! (Wife drives a Honda and drives away with no problem - laughing at me). Seems like I have to get rid of the car or my wife LOL! :(
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    Not sure if it is the same thing but my 99 RX always shifts slowly first thing in the morning. I was told this had to do with emissions. Once I got used to it I stopped noticing it.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    It's no longer the "Relentless Pursuit of Perfection" but the "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection". Lexus finally came to the realization that "relentless" implies a knowledge that one will NEVER arrive at the goal.

Have you driven a FWD or F/AWD domestic vehicle with NINE forward gear ratios? Six in the "gearbox" and three more gained via the use of the OD lock-up clutch?

Requires a bit more warming of the ATF wouldn't you think?

"Domestic cars.." "..started up fine..." "..without any funny sounds.."

I haven't driven a domestic car on a regular basis for many years now but the ones I have driven cannot hold a candle to ANY Lexus.
    To wwest - I wish to thank you for your post. You answered my post in simple words, but you made me feel better about the whole scenario. Thank you for telling me like it is, as I do appreciate it very much. You just don't know how much.
    Thanks again! :)
    To erc66 - I should like to add something re the color Desert Sage. I have a couple good friends that work at a large Lexus dealership, and I dropped by today to see the 2008 Models. I had an opportunity to look very closely and carefully at various Lexus cars in the Desert Sage Color. Like I mentioned in my earlier post to you, it is bland and looks like a used car. I forgot to add one more thing. Desert Sage color is GREEN, and I mean GREEN. The ugliest green I have ever seen. They told me that they are not ordering many for stock because they do not think it will be a good seller. Hope this helps you.
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    Just a question , does the Lexus dealer has the capability of installing front and back
    parking sensors ??
    Does anyone know about this?
    We would like to get a RX350 but both my wife and I would benefit with this sensors.
    Thank you
    Lou
  • avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    I've seen some new sensors that are incorporated into a license plate frame so the installation is easy. I can't remember where I saw them but they might even have had wireless transmission to the annunciator inside so it would be really easy.
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    Thanks avery1
    Yesterday while going thru the Toyota Highlander website I notice that at the POI they install this option. I would presume that Lexus would do the same.
    We have been looking at the 2008 RX350 , for my wife and I this option would be great.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Lou
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Local Delta Sonic ate mine. Replacement cost from Lexus dealer only $694.85, damage claim with car wash pending.

Pete :(
  • la4meadla4mead Member Posts: 347
    Ouch! Sorry Pete... A good lesson for others. With that angle, the little fixed antenna doesn't seem all that vulnerable, but apparently it is.

But dealing with damage (as well as my own silly perception of the extra wear on the exterior) is one of the reasons my old RX300 (or any of my other cars I can think of) has never seen a commercial car wash. I understand you folks who get "weather" need to, and get used to the risk of using them rather than the manual bucket method, or risk corrosion. My logic is not likely well supported and generally the risk is probably pretty small - until you have damage of $700 or so.

Thank you for all you contribute to this forum. Good luck with your claim!
    Pete, you're kidding! I've taken my RX through
    several different car washes and sometimes they
    even forget to fold mine down, but I haven't had a problem! You're talking about the antenna that's mounted on the right rear of the
    car, right?
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Right rear roof-mount antenna as opposed to problematic fender mount power retractable version on RX300. Have an appointment with Delta Sonic District Manager on Saturday to examine my damage.

Pete :(
  • dmatt131dmatt131 Member Posts: 6
    I have been a member of this forum for some time and really enjoy the information. However, I have never participated until now. I installed a TC grill on my RX350 in August 2007 and removed it today. It looks great!! However, I'm considering trading the vehicle and should a member desire to contact me about it please do so. Should this info be out of line with this forum someone please advise me. Thanks.
    What is a "TC" grille..??
  • dmatt131dmatt131 Member Posts: 6
    A TC (ThunderCloud) is a special grill that was manufactured for the RX Thundercloud edition in '04 or '05
    I think. The design is 5 horizontal bars of chrome running the width of grill with the Lexus emblem (you remove the existing emblem from your installed grill and install it on the TC) in the center. It fits perfectly and is very good looking. This one is practically new. In fact it will be shipped in the original Toyota box with the installation instructions. Thanks for the inquiry. If you desire you can email me with any followup. My email is listed in my profile.
    Back when the RX330 first came out I was seriously considering trading up so I purchased the Lexus shop/repair manuals.

What I discovered was that while the advertising information indicated that the RX330 still used the viscous clutch across the center diff'l to "stiffen up" the otherwise flaccid coupling to the rear driveline in actually it did not, there was no VC in the RX330 series.

When I contacted Lexus about the "disconnect" between marketing and engineering the information at Lexus .com was corrected.

Now fast forward to the introduction of the RX350 series.

The Lexus.com information for the RX350 indicated that the VC was back in use on the RX350, it still does today.

I recently had reason to rejoin the techinfo.toyota.com information site and on something of a whim looked up the matter of the VC in use for the RX350.

The '08 Lexus RX350 shop/repair manuals indicate there is NO VC in use for the '07 or '08 model year RX350.

I contacted Lexus via the "chat" procedure and at the moment they tell me that they are looking into the matter.

For those of you who have purchased an AWD RX350 thinking you had a more satisfactory F/AWD system than simple TC (Traction Control) "limited slip" (moderate braking of the slipping [front] wheels accompanied by simultaneous engine dethrottling) you may very well have a legitimate claim against Lexus for false advertising.

I'll post when (or IF) Lexus gets back to me with an answer.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    When we were in the market to buy car last year, we were looking to buy either ES350 or RX350. I was leaning towards RX but my wife wanted to go for ES. Since, it was for her, we bought ES. I would like to know if there are guys out there who are in the same situation as I was and what did they buy and for what reasons. My wife did not like the looks of the RX inside as well as outside. She thought it looked small from the outside and design outdated. She said that the ES looks more luxirours than the RX inside and outside. She liked the dash layout, ignition, more leg room in rear, steering wheel, etc of ES while the RX had cheap plastic for buttons. I thought both were equally good but went with ES hoping to buy redesigned RX in 2008 but I have to wait for one more year as the new RX will be available as 2010 model.
    The online technical specifications and the sales brochures, dealer supplied and online e-brochure, for the RX350 continue to state that the AWD system is based on the VC, Viscous Clutch, across the center diff'l. The Lexus shop/repair manuals at techinfo.toyota.com indicate the VC is NOT used in the later models, the RX330 & RX350.

The following was in my email archives....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - ----------------------------------------

...Recently you submitted a question to the Lexus Customer Satisfaction
    Department.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
    within 120 hours.
    Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

You may also update this question by replying to this message. Because
    your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply
    in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message
    will be discarded.
    [===> Please enter your reply below this line Please enter your reply above this line http://lexus.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lexus.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php?p_userid=- - west@strobedata.com&p_next_page=myq_upd.php&p_refno=041026-000006&p_created=1098- - 835191

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    No Summary

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (Richard Hollingsworth) - 10/27/2004 09:41 AM
    Dear Mr. West,

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction regarding the 2005 RX 330. We appreciate your interest in this vehicle.

Per our technical department, the 2005 RX 330 does not have a viscous coupling LSD. The vehicle has adopted a full-time all-wheel drive system. We are sorry for the misinformation.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, you can also reach the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,
    Richard Hollingsworth
    Lexus Customer Satisfaction

Customer (Willard West) - 10/26/2004 04:59 PM
    The current 2005 RX330 e-brochure indicates that the 2005 AWD RX330 has the viscous coupling again.

Is this actually true or is this a typo?

Willard West
    Praz, since the ES350 was a new generation model that came out last year, one can see where maybe the interior particularly may seem more updated compared to the interior of the RX350.
    I'm sure the next gen. RX350 will have some similar updated features such that the ES350 does.

However, I think the current gen RX350 has a very nice-looking
    interior for a luxury SUV and I still like the exterior styling also.
    I chose the opposite when test-driving these two vehicles -- actually, I test-drove three Lexus vehicles; the IS250, ES350 and
    the RX350. I liked the RX the best and I'm still enjoying it a year-and-a-half later! Good luck and enjoy your Lexus!
    People buy vehicles they like so you might have bought your RX for a reason as I did mine. Hope you are enjoying your RX and will not regret your decision taken year-and-a-half ago when 2010 RX is released at the New York auto show. Hey thanks, we are enjoying our ES and hope to keep it for at least 10 years. Are you planning to buy your RX after the end of your lease, year-and-a-half later or go for 2010 RX? Can't wait to see the re-design of the new RX, the bench mark of luxury SUV's. Will trade my Nissan for the 2010 RX (if better than Highlander or Venza, hopefully it will) when it will be released sometime next year. Good day to you!!!
  • jav08jav08 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a new RX350 and when I first start the engine in the morning, it sounds fine, but as soon as I put it into gear, the engine/transmission is extremely loud for the first minute or so until it warms. I took it for service, but they said this was normal??

I have a Highlander and Pilot, but neither do this, they start with no noise when I put them in gear. I was expecting a notch better when I bought Lexus, but it seems strange that this would be normal? Does anyone else notice this symptom in AM? Thanks.
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    I bought my wife an ES330 back in 2005 to replace her ES300 which was 10 years old. I have ordered a RX350 that will be here in a week from another dealer (dealer swap). My wife rode in a similar RX350 that I am going to get an she has fallen in love with it and wants to trade me when it gets here. I was thinking that the RX was not a very "manly" SUV and was leaning toward a Highlander but after some serious and realistic thoughts, my days of running in the mud and up power lines in a FWD SUV are over. I do hunt and occasionally run into snow and mud but we are talking forest roads not the outback of Africa. The Highlander is just a RX with less luxury, less warranty and I would guess not the service that Lexus owners experience. The 2009 RX350 is unchanged from the 2008 except the same options will run you $1500 more. There is a Pebble Beach option that is not available in 2008.
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Hi catdaddylong,

What options cost more in the 2009 RX vs 2008? The option costs appear identical. The only change is the MSRP of of the vehicle, the price increased slightly. (For example, its only $100 higher for AWD).
    Hello jav08. I read with interest your post on the noise you are experiencing upon first start up of the day. Now, let me tell you, I am a Lexus nut. They come out with a new color and I buy it. That's probably why I am always broke. But I would never drive another model car than the RX350. Every RX I have owned has done the same thing you speak of in the morning. Sometimes, I get in and start the car and let it sit for a few minutes while I go thru the days paper work I have to do. Then by the time it is warmed up I experience no unusual noises. Guess it''s normal as they say. One other thing the dealer told me. When I start the car in the morning do not shift gears until the RPM has dropped to at least 1000 RPM. Good luck and happy driving. Good post! :)
    He is right, it is better when you let the rpm to drop to at least 1000rpm. Also, as the doors lock when the gear is changed from "P" you might hear unusual noise.
  • turquoise_e1turquoise_e1 Member Posts: 18
    Ever since I got my '07 RX350 back from 15K service late last year, it developed a vibration at the steering wheel that felt terrible and at times unsafe when traveling at freeway speed. I can't recall having the vibration before 15K service.

The dealer looked at the problem 4 times now. They re-balanced the tires twice, changed to a new set of 4 tires, checked suspension and brake but the vibration is still there. Above 55 mph, you can feel a slight vibration. When I get an incline or decline and over 70+mph, it gets unbearable. Of course, the last time, they claim they can't reproduce it even after my specific instruction. They only drove 5 miles for the entire service; doubt they try too hard.

I am tired of not able to get to the root. I even think there might be a loose screw or some engine or transmission mounts or CV boots that are loose or something. But, dealer said they are all fine.

Does anyone has any similar experience or suggestion?
    Carlo, I picked the same options for a 2008 RX350 and a 2009 RX350 and I was going by the Edmunds True Market Value as to what the cost difference would be for my area. The 2009 model TMV is $41,027 and the 2008 is $39,402. Actually a $1625 difference. This is what the real world cost is when buying. I was just pointing out that there is no difference between the two model years and it makes more sense to get a 2008 model while you can, other wise expect to pay about $1500 more for the 2009 for the same options.
    For those who have bought after market all weather floor mats and cargo mats to protect the carpet what brands did you buy. I have seen the Husky liners and the Weather Tech and have not made up my mind as to which one to go with. Are there some other brands that you have found to be better and if you bought one of the two fore mentioned mats were you aware of the other and what persuaded you to buy one over the other ?
    Hello Catdaddylong - Interesting post. Maybe I can help. Forr years I have fooled around with cheap smelly plastic mats, until one day I discovered a company called Exact Mats in Katy, Texas. So far I have used them in a RX330 and two RX350's. They are very strong and do not smell and they hold their shape very well. The mats are made to each vehicles specifications. Some Lexus dealers are now selling them at a mark up of course. I live in L.A. and I have been up in the snow etc and the mats exceed their expectations. If you wish I can give you exact details on who to contact in Texas to get a good deal. They know me quite well as I have purchased many mats from them. And no, I do not get a comission from recomending them. If your local Lexus dealer carries them get the price and then compare with the factory prices. They ship right to your door. Good people I would say. Hope this helps. Happy driving! Incidentaly they are clear mats so the beauty of your Lexus mats are always visable. :)
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Hi catdaddylong,

Thanks for the claification, I thought you were talking about MSRP in your original post, not TMV.
  • erik_herik_h Member Posts: 77
    There are a couple of things to look at.

1) Did you rotate your tires, try rotating them back.
    2) Did the dealer over torque the lug nuts ?
    3) Did you have your brakes worked on.
    4) Did you have any flats, especially on rear tires, your rim could get bent slightly.
    5) Does your dealer use a road force balancing machine like the Hunter 9700 ?

I had a similiar issue with my RX and it went away after I replaced the brake rotors. I don't know if it #2 or #3 on the list but it got much better with new rotors.
    Thanks for the info. PM on the way.
    My RX350 does the same thing, jav08, and, yes, it's usually a little more pronounced on a colder morning, although I do live in
    Florida, so it wouldn't be as cold as it is up north. But I do have a
    little noise factor going on that goes away once the car has warmed up and then the car is super quiet. None of my other cars, i.e., Nissans that I've had in the past have done this. I think
    this is a trait in the 3.5 liter Toyota engines.
    Praz, yes, I am considering buying my RX at the end of its lease.
    I still have a few more years left to go on the lease, but right now,
    although I am interested in some new vehicles out there, i.e., Mazda CX-9, or the Infiniti FX, these vehicles are still missing a few little extra accoutriments that I have on the RX, plus the Mazda has a shorter warranty and the RX does better on gas mileage than these vehicles.
    So right now there's not a vehicle out there that I would want to switch from the RX to yet. Of course, there is the Infiniti G37 Coupe, which I am in love with, but am a little too chicken about going back into a two-door car - a totally different car from a crossover SUV!! :blush:
  • jav08jav08 Member Posts: 3
    Hey rpac, Thanks for the feedback. Everything else about the car is great, so it was strange when they said that this was normal. As I said, I was not expecting this with a Lexus, but now that I know that I am not the only one, then it must be normal for these engines. I will keep an eye out on the 1K RPM too.

I also heard that they have a new Matador Red color for '09 - maybe time for you to upgrade again?!?