Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

patpat Member Posts: 10,421
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
Tell us about your purchasing experience with your new Azera!

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Hyundai Azera Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Hyundai Azera page.

Comments

• ricwhitericwhite Member Posts: 292
    Car Sought: Hyundai Azera Limited w/Ultimate package.

Results:

Dealer #1 - Westland Hyundai - Ogden, Utah -
    Negotiated Base price to $27,900 (MSRP 30,075).
    But refused to implement the lease deal as advertised by Hyundai and tacked on thousands of dollars in extra fees. The negotiated price was not bad, but they didn't know how to implemented financing options and I left quite sour. (Actually was TOLD to leave).

Dealer #2 - Riverton Hyundai - Riverton, Utah -
    Would not negotiate below $28,700 (MSRP 30,075) They WERE able to offer some financing options such as the lease deal, but the negotiated price was too high for me. They mentioned they were the largest Hyundai dealership in the state of Utah, yet had only two Azera Ltd Ult in stock and they were unwilling to part with them for less.

Dealer #3 - Ken Garff Hyundai - Salt Lake City, Utah -
    Refused to negotiate below $29,000 (MSRP 30075) They were able to implement financing options such as the lease program, but their invoice figures were high (not correct) and they added such ridiculous things as a "dealer name fee" ($350 for the privilege of putting "Ken Garff"'s name on the building). Price was way too high. Left

Observations:

* I knew more about the Azera than the Hyundai dealer sales people.

* All refused to honor the advertised Hyundai lease deal on the Azera.

* Most outright lied about invoice price and holdbacks and other financial information

* Several added in "hidden" fees which they were very reluctant to disclose.

* Many were rude, telling me to leave or to get a plane ticket and fly to a different city.

* Many were completely incompetent and couldn't even work the lease software.

Personally, I was not impressed at all with the Hyundai dealers. Not only were they often dishonest about prices and fees, they didn't try AT ALL to keep me as a customer . . . and I had the checkbook in my back pocket READY to buy an Azera. I was READY to offer them $800 over invoice PLUS their $883 Holdback, and I was told to take a hike.

Congratulations to those that actually found a decent dealer that was honest and knew what they were doing. For the rest of you . . . good luck!
  • scaplascapla Member Posts: 5
    Paid 25,400 for a silver limited with Accessory Group 02. Invoice is 26,205. Love the car!
  • ricwhitericwhite Member Posts: 292
    Congratulations! Nice. Excellent price. Where did you buy it, if you don't mind me asking? And how did you get it for so little?

The best I could get with Accessory pkg. #1 ($1000 more) was $27,900. I'm Jealous!
  • chilliwackchilliwack Member Posts: 189
    Has anyone gotten a quote on the 10/100,000 bumper to bumper extended warranty and if so, what was the price? Thanks.
    I went into the dealer and told them I was sitting on the fence between a new Charger and the Azera, though I was leaning towards the Charger. I was at the time, and expect they could tell that without an excellent price I was going to wish them 'best of luck' and head over to Dodge. The sales manager ended up working with me directly, and he was (I assume) more interested in the dealer holdback and other incentives he had in moving cars more than a commission. He quoted me 25,300 and when I told him I wasn't going to pay the doc fee he offered to split it with me. Normally I'd argue but I knew this was a good deal so I let him up the price by a hundred bucks. I got the car at the end of February, and I expect that was a motivating factor for them. In the finance room the guy told me that the dealership was gambling a bit that with my sale, and others they hoped to get before the 28th, they'd qualify for bonuses that would make it a more profitable deal for them.

I can't stress this enough - try to get a sales manager rather than a standard salesman. I had a similar good experience when buying a Mazda Miata a few years ago.

Incidentally, after re-testing both the Azera and the Charger the Azera was a clear winner. Sure, it doesn't have a Hemi, but that's about all the Charger had going for it (sexy looks notwithstanding). I drive 80 miles round trip to work, and was much more interested in comfort (dare I say luxury?) than speed. I've been completely happy with the Azera - it's a pleasure to drive and when I feel like going fast it's got enough power to keep me happy.
  • mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    There are two Hyundai dealers in Albuquerque and the difference between them is like night and day. I went to Southwest a few weeks ago and was treated worse than badly by the sales manager who offered me an insulting 60% of low trade-in value for a 10 month old Amanti with 6500 miles in perfect condition and on top of that they wanted $2700 above sticker. There was no negotiation. Darn right there was no negotiation, there was no deal either. But really loving the car, I called Larry H. Miller on the following friday afternoon and asked for the specific color and model that I wanted. I was told "We've got it!" and promised a visit saturday thoroughly expecting to get there and be told "we just sold it" or some bait and switch tactic. To my amazement, I drove through the gate and the Azera I asked for was parked at the entrance, the salesperson greeted me from across the lot (the trade-in I was driving was a dead give-away), we drove it (more than once), I loved it, I bought it (under sticker). They gave me a decent trade-in dollar. I was out in 2 hours (1 of which was my hesitation). Best experience of my car-buying life. ;)
  • loupieloupie Member Posts: 17
    Sounds like a great price. Did that include the destination charge?

Also, have you checked your gas mileage? Is it close to the EPA estimates?

Thanks
  • rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    They play games and have bad sales tactics. Watch for bogus window etching, doc fees, and overcharged DMV fees.Also, watch warranty terms before you sign.
  • sebzx79sebzx79 Member Posts: 53
    Any one use ebay to purchase their Azera? I am thinking about it but dont now if I should drive to OH from Southern NJ.
  • mr_ronzonimr_ronzoni Member Posts: 1
    my very first time buying a new car was a breeze. the salesman (a nice guy) started out asking 29,500, but once I told him I was paying cash I got it down to 28,500 but he wanted me to commit. I told him that price wasn't the magic number I'm looking for. he said OK 28,000 then. I said to him that isn't bad, but if that's the best you can do, i'll remember that while I go see two other dealers. once I named the two other dealers his eyes opened wide and he said, OK 27,000 but I will have to commit with a $500 down payment so he can start to search for the color I'm looking for.....he promised he would have my car within a week. the little bit of research I've done here at the forum and elsewhere, I knew that was a good price, so I committed to the deal............Giant Hyundai at Little Falls, New Jersey
    Yes, it did include the destination charge. Gas mileage has been adequate, not great. According to the info center, about 22 mph and I drive about 60% highway. I've been resetting the computer each time I fill up and the mileage has gotten a little better with each tank, so I expect that as the engine breaks in the mileage will improve. I've got around 1200 miles on the car, so hopefully I'll see an appreciable improvement soon! ;)

Still love the car as much today as when I drove it off the lot. Extremely comfortable, all the right touches and amenities, and pretty good handling and power. Don't let the Edmunds review convince you the car doesn't handle well - the suspension is pretty stiff and I have yet to get it to break loose in the twisties. Having owned a 2001 Miata I'm really surprised at how well this one handles. And the 263 horses are easily felt when you punch it (the fact that I can watch the gas mileage go down when I stomp on it is a bit depressing, though).

I wonder what the advertising campaign means for Azera prices, though? When I got mine I don't know that any of the commercials had aired - now they're everywhere.
  • edsofaruedsofaru Member Posts: 31
    Is anybody aware of a Florida Dealer that could give a good price on an ultimate package limited Azera?

If so can I get the name of that dealer?

Regards
    Edgar
  • parkavegirlparkavegirl Member Posts: 5
    Very interesting comment about sales practices at Flemington Hyundai from "rutger3" on March 13th. On February 25th, after doing research on the Hyundai Sonata and negotiating online through Edmunds dealer internet quotes for that car and for a 2006 Toyota Camry, I was called by a salesperson at Flemington Hyundai in the morning and decided to go there in the afternoon to test drive a Sonata. I was driving an '03 Camry on which the lease was about to expire. The salesperson told me on the phone the prices for a GLS and an XL, which seemed extremely reasonable in both cases. He said the prices were rock bottom and that they were willing to forego even the "dealer holdback" and gave me that and all other figures including invoice, in addition to the $$ incentives I might qualify for with Hyundai. I went there and spent the afternoon test driving the GLS and the XL and negotating price. My salesperson told me that the best way to appreciate the Sonata was to take it home for the weekend. I had never heard of such a thing. I didn't have to return it until Monday. We locked my Camry in their parking lot and I kept the keys and took the Sonata home.

The only drawbacks I had read about the Sonata on Edmunds boards from actual owners were the bad gas mileage and that it did not take rough roads well, that you not only felt the bumps but heard them too. In driving the car in the test, I took it over rough roads and had to agree with that part, but I agreed to take an XL in my favorite color home over the weekend. This car was fully loaded, in opposition to my Camry, which was the basic LE. I did not drive the Sonata excessively but showed it to a couple of family members, who thought it was beautiful, and my daughter actually drove it and was impressed with the pickup and amenities inside. So was I. I must admit it is a beautiful car and great looking.

Something nagged at me all weekend about buying a car with Hyundai on it, and I looked up trade in and resale figures of a 2003 Hyundai Sonata and Toyota Camry. There was a $3000+ difference, which was a deciding factor in my decision. The other thing that totally did not agree with me was getting 17 mpg when gas prices are at an all-time high.

By Monday morning I had made my decision to buy a 2006 Camry LE, just like the one I was turning in. After work I drove to Flemington Hyundai, found my salesperson in his office and placed the keys on his desk. He said "so?" and I said "no." He then proceeded to offer to lower the selling price first by $500 and then $1000. I said to him that it wasn't necessarily the sales price of the car but the gas mileage that I couldn't live with. I said "give me a gas card for a year" and laughed. He kept trying to keep me there and wanted me to go with him to the sales manager and talk numbers. I refused, thanked him for being so nice (he was completely wonderful throughout our entire dealings), and went outside to my '03 Camry. I sat in my car making a cell phone call and five minutes later, the salesperson comes running out of the dealership to my car in the freezing cold and offered me a check for $1000 for gas for a year. I laughed and said "why would you do this for me?" He confessed they were hoping to buy my 2003 Camry from Toyota and put it on their lot and that is where they would make their money on my transaction. It all seemed too good to be true, and I was uncomfortable. Besides, my decision had been made from my gut, and I was sticking with it. I finally convinced him I was not buying a Hyundai and drove straight to a Toyota dealer and bought an 2006 Camry.

Now I see from another email "Nice Deal" by scapla on March 8th that there was a bonus for the dealership/sales people determined by the number of cars they sold by Feb. 28th, which may have to do with new models coming out soon. That explains a lot in my case, and it may be the case with many car brands. I also want to mention that their doc fees were higher, and their MV fees were over $200 more than I paid Toyota to file my MV fees. Very interesting, isn't it?

Are there any honest car salesmen? This is one area that I hate dealing in!!
    I am pretty sure that dealerships have an incentive each month based on the number of cars that are sold.

It sounds like you had a potentially excellent deal on the Sonata. Without having done the math (read: I could easily be wrong here) it sounds like the lower resell value of the Hyundai would have been trumped by the lower cost you paid to begin with - plus the $1000 "free gas" deal... In any case, enjoy the Toyata. :D
    Can you please publish the name of the dealer and salesman that gave you such a good deal? I will like to call them to see if I can get a similar deal.

Does anyone have an idea of how much is to take a car from a place like New Jersey to Florida?

Just curious ... or I might be able to use a written quote from other dealers to gain more leverage with local dealers.

Regards
    Edgar ;)
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    West Palm Beach, FL $1018.00 plus sales tax
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    It has been 3 weeks since I paid cash for my car and I still do not have the Title. Dealer says it could take a couple more weeks, but NJ DMV says it should have been done within a week when the registration was done. Perhaps Flemington Hyundai never owned this car, or never paid off the loan when traded in. Something is not right here. BTW, both the salesman AND the business manager claim ignorance of NJ DMV laws because they are from Pennsylvania! What a coincidence. With the inflated fees and questionable tactics on DMV issues, this dealer has big time problems. My theory is that they are a big city car dealer trying to make it in a nice suburban NJ town, and probably trying to associate themselves with Flemington Car & Truck Country, which they are not.
  • parkavegirlparkavegirl Member Posts: 5
    Not to worry. I purposely did not include the saleman's name and do not intend to. He was very, very nice to me. And yes, they are both from Pennsylvania and should learn NJ motor vehicle laws PRONTO!!
  • pawleyspawleys Member Posts: 7
    Purchaed an ultimate package in Myrtle Beach.They located the desired exterior/interior color of the car and had it in their lot within three days.Paid,not cash,$28200.00 this inclued every thing(sales tax,reg fees,etc)Car was immaculate when delivered.I bought the 10yr./100,000 mile warranry because of all the "toys",drivetrain not as concering as the "toys".Paid 1149.00.Saleman was not pushy at all,He gave mywife and I the keys to two Azera in the lot,one with ultimate pkg.,one without.He said them both out.let me know.He,nor anyone else came with us during the test drive.Talk about TRUST.Five weeks later,still love it.
  • captvegecaptvege Member Posts: 22
    That seems like a good price. I cannot get my car until May. I am in columbia and have looked at the cars here. Did you have any incentives or anything, as I may use your numbers to beat on the crew here.
  • pawleyspawleys Member Posts: 7
    The dealer in Myrtle Beach did not offer any incentives.Told him of some of the sale prices I saw in the other chat sire on this board.He had advertise $2660.00 off on an Azera in the local paper,when I mentioned that he stated that was on one particular Azera,I then got up and started to walk out,told him no games.He went to thew manager,came back stating they would give me the advertised discount.Agreed to price,the went to sign agreement,there was $299.00 handling fee.I said no,he asked if I would split it,said no ,walked outside ready to leave.He came out and said"damn I'm giving you the car,but go ahead and take it".(yeah right).The car came out of the Columbia SC area,the was sat down with customer service for a half hour briefing on the car and the many "toys",which was nice.
  • moushkymoushky Member Posts: 1
    Just got my Azera Limited with the Premium Upgrade Package. I have owned two Hyundais before and still have my 2002 Sonata which is going to go to our son in college. We were originally going to get another Sonata, but didn't like the body redesign and since the Azera was just a little more, we decided to check it out. After the test drive, we were convinced this was the car to get. I live near Austin and there are 4 local dealers. The availability of Azeras is very limited here; none of the dealers had more than two on the lot and none of them had the color and interior I wanted (steel gray and gray interior). We went online after our test drive to search for the best buy. We ended up going through Red McCombs Superior Hyundai in San Antonio. Their internet sales representative called the next business day which was Monday. I told him (and the other local dealers) that I wanted them to give me their best offer by close of business Monday night because I wanted to buy the car (cash) on Wednesday. This dealer gave me the best price of $27330 plus TT&L. The price included factory tinting & the wind deflector, which based on the reviews here may be removed ;) . The sticker on it was $29035 (freight and handling is $660), plus I got an additional 1K discount due to the Loyalty incentive Hyundai is running until the end of the month. He was professional and courteous and I told him I'd get back with him. The Sales Manager at one of the dealers that I test drove the car at, hemmed and hawed and said reluctantly that he'd match the price, but he had totally annoyed my husband and I with his arrogance when we were at the showroom, not to mention he'd have to get this car from the San Antonio dealership, who was the ONLY dealership with the exact car I wanted. The other local dealer that I had visited didn't even get back to me until the next afternoon stating I had to come in and negotiate numbers first. :mad:

No one else could come close to the price that Red McComb's offered. What totally cinched the deal for me? The salesman DELIVERED the car to my door, over 120 miles away! :) That is service! He had even filled the gas tank before he left! :surprise:

This was without a doubt the most pleasant car buying experience I've ever had. And as for the car itself? I'm in love! The ride is so smooth and there are little features that I didn't even realize the car had. I was shocked to see a cassette deck and since I'm in my 50's, I have plenty of cassettes that I've not yet replaced with CD's. The sound system is fantastic and the car is extremely comfortable and roomy. My husband has a 2000 Acura 3.2TL and this car has a lot more going for it. Not to mention that it was still several thousand dollars cheaper than what he paid for his 6 years ago! :)

Bottom line, Hyundai is by far the best bang for the buck you'll get on any vehicle and their warranty can't be beat! :shades:
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Honest car salesmen are like honest politicians!!!

My experience was pretty cool. Walked into Ken Dixon Hyundai of Waldorf, MD and they asked me if I was interested in buying a car. I said yes and that I didn't need to test drive or anything, I just wanted to know if they could beat the deal that Alexandria Hyundai of Alexandria, VA had given me.

The sales manager proceeded to tell me that their prices would be $750 over Alexandria's because Alexandria was a volume dealer. I looked at him and said I didn't care about that, and asked again if he could give me a better deal. He had me fill out the application and then he asked for the keys to my 2002 Sonata GLS (105K miles) that I was trading in so they could appraise it's worth.

They guy came back in and was surprised at how well the Sonata was running with only one concern...my brakes. The rotors needed to be replaced and the he could tell. I told him I had already bought them and that I could change them over the weekend. He said cool and wrote me an offer of $4300 on my trade. Alexandria's offer was $100 less. (by the way, I bought the Sonata from Alexandria Hyundai)

Anyway, the sales manager comes back in with the sale offer sheet with the price written down on the Azera I wanted...$26,098. MSRP was $28,995 (including destination charge). Tax, tags and title took it back up to $28,447 and with my $5300 ($4300/trade + $1000/Hyundai loyalty rebate) I walked out the door paying $24,147.

After that, the only thing I had to do was wait for them to go to another dealer to get the specific car I wanted as they didn't have it in stock at the time. So, two days after making the deal, they located one in Rockville, MD and they delivered it to me with just under 50 miles on it.

I had to argue with the finance person about the Hyundai Loyalty Coupon. You see, they get updates faxed to them concerning rebates and incentives and the $1000 back for the Azera wasn't listed. I told him that according to Hyundai's web site, it was. At first he wasn't trying to budge and I stopped signing paperwork until it was cleared up. He contacted his finance manager who came over and I told them to look it up online. They did and the website clearly stated that the Loyalty Coupon was for $1000 and valid from 2/1/06 to 2/28/06. Well...I was sitting in that office on 2/28/06 and I wanted my $1000.

The finance manager left out and was gone for about 15 mins and the phone rings. The finance guy picks up, shakes his head and says uh-huh a couple times and then hangs up, "Looks like we can give it to you Mr. Washington." My reply was, "Of course or Hyundai would have had a false advertising suit on their hands." The finance manager shows back up with a piece of paper that gave us the extra $1000 back and everything was cool again.
  • jaylinjaylin Member Posts: 15
    hi
    that is a very good OTD price. can you give detailed break down please. what options package, invoice price, purchase price before taxes etc. thanks
  • suzannaflsuzannafl Member Posts: 84
    I drove the Azera today, and it is very comfortable.

I sat in a Azera with leather seats.
    The seats are wider and softer.
    And the head rest fit my neck/head.
    But the price is out.
    Our sales rep showed us one with the suede/cloth seats.
    Very comfortable.
    So I drove it.
    A very nice ride.
    Beautiful car.

The Consumer Reports magazine that I had in our truck didn't have a review on the Azera.
    They let me read copies of favorable articles from several car magazines.
    I couldn't agree to their price without doing research.
    They didn't take my counter offer (which was pretty insulting).
    I was planning on reading about the Azera, talking to you all, finding out the right price, crunching numbers, checking my budget and calling them in the morning to find one in Pearl White for me.

But now I am reading that it has a terrible safety rating.

Now what do I do?
    S
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Personally I thought the crash test results were disappointing but I wouldn't call it terrible (here is hoping the side test and IIHS bring excllent news :) ). Anyway, it's totally up to you. I would recommend this car to anyone but there are a lot areas you'd have to evaulate based on your own perferences and needs.

Not sure if I've helped but I tried :)
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    But now I am reading that it has a terrible safety rating.

Not terrible, just not excellent. It received a 4 star rating which by itself doesn't mean much of anything. There are still the IIHS tests to undergo and a full review of the NHTSA tests to determine why the Azera didn't get the 5 star rating Hyundai expected. With all its' other safety features, I would still consider it a relatively safe car. But to each their own... ;)
    Hello

I am in the process of buying a new limited with the ultimate package. I also like the white color with black and green as the 2nd and 3rd options.

While checking with several dealers I had noticed the following. I live in an area where the dealers do not have a big inventory of Azeras. As a result they are asking MSRP prices and they even have a waiting list. Thanks to this forum and the magic of the internet tools I had contacted other dealers that are up to 200 miles from where I live to get quotes from them. The good thing is that I found dealers with inventory and as a result they quoted much better prices.

As of today the highest quote that I have is for $30,100 vs the lowest that is close to $26,400 for the same car configuration :) before taxes, tag and registration. So driving up to 200 miles from home each way is a minor thing if I could save $4K that will cover for the taxes, tag and registration and could also allow me to by the extended warranty for the car.

Once I close the deal I will be publish the names and locations of the dealers without providing the name of the salesman in order to comply with this forum rules.

My suggestion is to check with multiple dealers in order to get the best deal based on your needs and possibilities.

Good Luck
    Edgar
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Great! Keep us posted.

As they say, it pays too shop around :)
    My husband wants me to get the Azera.
    Anyone purchase one recently?

What's the going price?

Thanks,
    S
    I got mine at the end of February and it was delivered to me on March 2nd. I got the Limited with the Premium package. MSRP on mine was $28,995 (including destination charge). We worked it down to $26,098, taxes, tags and title took it up to $28,447.

Figure if you want the Ultimate package, it's going to cost you about $1000 more than the premium package. If the Limited is a bit too high, then you can get the SE for the low $20's, maybe even just under it if you work a good deal.

Good luck! :)
    Even though I would love leather, for this car it's priced out of my budget.
    And the Ultimate package is just way out!

I am considering the SE with the premium package.
    Still want the sunroof, heated seats, etc.

Thanks,
    S
    Well...don't rule it out altogether. See what the price different may be with either. You may find your payment only to be a few dollars higher on the Limited w/ Premium package and be happier for it. Either way...you'll be getting a very nice car.

I've almost got 3000 miles on mine and love it more every day I drive it.

Again, good luck.
  • joedirtjoedirt Member Posts: 36
    I was going to get a Sonata, but they made me a written offer on an Azera that I simply am having trouble refusing:

A Limited, without the sunroof (which I do NOT want anyways), which has leather and all the goodies I need, for $23,320 plus TTL.

MSRP is $27,710.

I'm deciding as we speak. Nice car, but worried about resale.
  • wskga1wskga1 Member Posts: 5
    I'm going to purchase my new Azera tomorrow 03/31/06. MSRP= $30,075. Have been offer a selling price @ 26,498 which is 1,200 below invoice. Has anyone seen a web site for resale value on this new Azera. I trade about every two years,and I usually like to have a car to hold at least 60% of it's original MSRP value. when I have bought Toyota's, I could always count on a great resale value. But on this I cannot find any residual value on this car after two years. Any help would be appreciated.
  • alan_salan_s Member Posts: 362
    Look at www.leasecompare.com for residuals. Azera Limited is 55% after 24 months and 43% after 36 months. Unfortunately they are not very high on the Azera, but I think that will change in time.
    Last night I purchased a Powder White with Leather Tan Interiors with ultimate package. Awesome car, it is much better than I was expecting. I am very, very happy with my purchase.

While I was checking cars and prices I contacted multiple dealers. Thanks to the fact that we there were no cars available where I live I was able to compare local prices vs other dealers up to 200 miles away.

The sticker price of the car that I bought was $30,195

The following are the worst and best quotes that I got on a regional and remote basis.

Regional Worst => $31,000
    Regional Best => $28,400

Remote Worst = $27,686
    Remote Best = $26,413 plus taxes. tag, title.

This price might not longer be available since I am sure that they did not make much money with my deal. However I expect them to give very aggressive quotes no matter what.

When the regional dealers started receiving new units some of them called me to offer them to me. When I told them the quote that I got he just said "tell me where for me to buy ours from that dealer". I plan to send him a photo of my car and a copy of the purchase price to show him that I was serious.

I live in the Palm Beach County Florida and I drove 166 miles each way to Orlando to buy my new car. The dealer name is Universal Hyundai and the way to get to them is via the following email sales@universalhyundai.com.

So take your time to find the best price and shop around and you might save enough money to cover the taxes and other expenses like I did.

Good Luck
    Edgar
    If you were going to get the Sonata, at least there will be a greater return on your money by stepping up and getting the Azera. If you're worried about resale altogether...you may not want to get a Hyundai period as the resale value isn't up with Honda, Toyota or Nissan for that matter.

However, not a bad price they offered you. I can see how it would be highly tempting to jump on it.

Good luck.
  • cwj4cwj4 Member Posts: 1
    Can you email me back some info about the dealer you purchased thru. Did you get the car for the $26,413 price from Universal Hyundai? I am in Alabama but my folks live near Orlando so picking it up on a trip down and driving back is certainly an option. I would appreciate any info you could give me about your purchase email me at cwj4@msn.com. Sounds like you got a much better dela than I have been able to find up here. Thanks.
  • averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    Would you consider a new Sonata LX with option package 3? It's MSRP is $24,895 with heated leather seats, sunroof, sub-woofer stereo with 6 CD changer, 8-way power seat, and a whole lot more that the Azera has. And, it has top-notch safety ratings.
    It is powerful, fast and gets better mileage than Azera.
  • chilliwackchilliwack Member Posts: 189
    "whole lot more that the Azera has"

The Azera and Sonata are similar and offer similar options, but the Azera is a different animal, much nicer IMHO. Tremendous deals on Sonatas though with such a nice Azera in the showroom distracting everyone. ;)
  • averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    Sounded like she wanted leather but at a much cheaper price than Azera's. She should consider the Sonata LX. Might be perfect for her.
  • shivelytshivelyt Member Posts: 46
    Planet Hyundai in Las Vegas, NV is advertising an SE for
    $19,988. Of course, they don't say how much they add
    for the air in the tires. Long way from Florida also.
  • amateurguyamateurguy Member Posts: 2
    I've enjoyed reading thru all the listings here and I know someone is out there who can help me.

I live in SW Pennsylvania and am interested in the Azera SE (mainly because I HATE leather and it appears the limited only comes in leather).

Can anyone tell me their experience buying the SE with the premium option and what price should I be happy with?

Thanks in advance everyone! :confuse:
  • jchiujchiu Member Posts: 10
    Beware of Atlantic Hyundai in Long Island NY. We agreed on a price over the phone and was assured the the only thing extra would be tax and $45.00 doc fees. When I arrived at the dealership, Steve the salesman told me that I have to pay NYS tax even the vehicle will be registred in NJ which is 2.85% more. The reason was that I work in Manhattan and they have to abide by the law.
    Further more, the deal is valid only if I would finance 90% and would not show me the loan documentation nor explain anything in detail.
  • postoakpostoak Member Posts: 537
    We bought my wife an Azera Limited with the Ultimate Package and wheel locks yesterday. I threw out an offer of [base invoice + advertising fee] minus $1200 because I saw someone on here say they got that deal. They countered with [base invoice + advertising fee] minus $650, which I accepted. The advertising fee was a very high $700, but I guess they've caught on to the fact that we buyers consider it a legitimate charge and so have bumped it up (cynic in me). Anyway, I consider this a lot of car for $27,222 + TTL. (The dealer didn't try any funny business with doc fees, etc., either.)
  • ricksv70ricksv70 Member Posts: 12
    Today I visited a Seattle Hyundai dealer to take the Azera out for a test drive. Granted that car is nicely put together and a joy to drive BUT the dealer experience left a lot to be desired and would put me off from purchasing their brand. They tired to talk me into considering a lease (as they say it is a better value than purchasing). They gave me this quotes: Full loaded Azera for 27 months @ $719. 36 months would be @ $649. The real shocker were the residuals: $12K and $10 respectively. I was shocked at those costs. Again, the Azera is nice but it is no Lexus. Any advice on Azera leasing; are these actual leasing costs?
  • azera_263hpazera_263hp Member Posts: 1
    there is no way a lease of an Azera is $719 or $649 per month... those quotes are to buy the car...the Hyundai USA website even says lease for $259 a month... http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/specialoffers/special_offers.aspx?vehicle=Az- era