Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz SLK Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Mercedes-Benz SLK Lease Questions

For current pricing information, go to Mercedes-Benz SLK Prices Paid

Ask your Mercedes SLK lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• slk280slk280 Member Posts: 2
    I am in southern California and want to lease this vehicle for a term of 36-42 months [whatever will get me the best payment] at 12,000 miles per year. My questions are: (1) what should I expect to actually pay [cap cost]; (2) what kind of residual percentage is appropriate for this car [I hear it has the highest residual for its market segment]; and (3) what kind of money factor can I expect for a deal completed by march 31st?

While this may be off-topic I was hoping for some additional input. My trade is a 2003 Acura TL Type-S in pristine condition with only 27,500 miles, brand new Michelin speed-rated tires with a little under $20,000 owed. My research shows that I shouldn't have any trouble getting out of the vehicle with out rolling anything into the lease and may be able to actually get $500 towards the SLK. Any thoughts to the contrary?

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello slk280. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this particular model right now. I can tell you though that the roadster segment is not exactly hot right now. Most consumers are able to get pretty good deals on them. For more specific info on this model, try stopping by the following discussion: "Mercedes-Benz SLK: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

As far as its lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK280 through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00240 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • lopzlopz Member Posts: 22
    How does one arrive at lease monthly payments from the money factor and the residual value? Thank you.
  • trini47trini47 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2005 Mercedes SLK 55 AMG from Bill Ussery Motors in Coral Gables and took my car into the dealer when i noticed the two rear tires had unusual inside ware. My car has 7000 miles on it and i did not think a one year old car with such low miles would be needing tires so soon. Well to my suprise the dealer Said this is a "LOW PROFILE'' Car and they said this is what I should expect, and would not replace the tires. I am taking further action but was wondering if any one out there has had this same problem!!!!!
  • jprocjproc Member Posts: 135
    If I get 15k miles out of my tires I consider myself lucky.
    I've got a 99 230 which I've had over 4 years and about 35k miles and I am on my 3rd set
    Hi lopz. Edmunds.com has a great article that describes exactly how to calculate lease payments on vehicles. Click on the following link to check it out: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hey trini47. You may have better luck getting a response to your post in one of the following discussions: "Mercedes-Benz SLK" or "Mercedes-Benz SL and SLK (all models)".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • firstmbfirstmb Member Posts: 2
    First watch your trade in value. By trading in, you can loose easly $2,000 - $5,0000. A dealer can only give you trade in value. They can make it look good on paper, but they do this all day long. Even I learn a new trick each time I look at buying a new car. If they show you more above value than trade in on paper that means you didn't do very well on the buying price. I usually save at least $5,000 on a new car but they always size up the buyer on their knowledge. NEVER EVER talk payment to a dealer. when they ask what you want your payment to be, then your not talking about the total cost. The only good thing about a lease is the users tax depending on your state. Instead of paying all your sales Tax after you purchase a car, you only pay a users tax with ever monthly payment. If you total the car after 30 days then you have only lost one month of users tax not the total cost of the car.

Just keep in mind when a dealer says that they are not making any money on this deal that they are willing to give you, they would not be in business if they were not making any money. Remember, Leases are call "Fleases</".

Sell you call out right. The dealer wants you car so bad that they can avoid delivery cost and lot fee for Taxes. Hope some of this helps.
  • marias17marias17 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to get the best deals for leasing an SLK350 2006/2007 ... preferably 27 months .... can anyone help?
  • sjl2sjl2 Member Posts: 10
    Can you please post October lease rates for 2006 MB SLK 280/350 for 24/27 and 36/39 months? Thanks.
  • topspintopspin Member Posts: 7
    Lease Rates & Residuals &#150; Effective 10/6/06

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms for Mercedes

2006 SLK Class 2dr Convertible SLK280 / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 61% of MSRP &#150; .00405 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 55% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 48% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 42% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate

2006 SLK Class 2dr Convertible SLK350 / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 62% of MSRP &#150; .00405 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 56% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 50% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 42% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate

2006 SLK Class 2dr Convertible SLK55 / Compare Instant Lease Quotes

24 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 61% of MSRP &#150; .00405 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 54% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 47% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi &#150; Residual Value 40% of MSRP &#150; .00370 Base Money Factor Rate
  • imshane54imshane54 Member Posts: 5
    Dear Car Man..... Ha ha....

You helped me a month ago to buy an Infiniti G35. Thank you very much! I now need your help again. I need to buy a Mercedes SLK350 with a premium package II, Run Flats and an ipod int. kit. The MSRP including options looks like 53,900. I have not negotiated the price yet. Can you give me an idea of what a good deal looks like on a 39 month lease with drive offs? I owe you! Thanks again. Your services are very much appreciated! :)
  • oliver9oliver9 Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan

Sorry I can't find sl550 lease question forum. So I posted here. Edmunds posted an attractive financing incentive at 4.9%/4 years for the sl550. I was wondering if you can post the Feb lease rates for sl550.
    Thanks for doing this service. This help tremendously.
  • toddturnertoddturner Member Posts: 11
    I saw this on Edmunds site, but not at mbusa.com. Does anyone have lease rate / residual info on this?

Leasing
    There may be other leases available. Contact a local dealer for more information.
    Start: 03/01/2007 End: 04/02/2007
    $499 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    27 Month Term
    $2750 Down Payment
    NA Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on the 2007 SLK280 equipped with optional Premium 1 package. Dealer may contribute $1,507.88 towards the $499 monthly special lease.
    Comments $4,044 is due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement. Tax, tags and insurance are extra.
  • newcar45newcar45 Member Posts: 15
    If you go to the dealership, the salesman will present this to you. From what was listed, the money factor was .001 and the residual was 66%.

Pretty good right?

Unfortunately, the MSRP of the model listed is pretty rare (non-metallic paint, not an automatic, etc.), and 10k/year will probably be lacking for many people.

I'm curious, should the money factor change if you don't make a down payment or if you increase the annual mileage from 10k to 12k?

And, what should a good monthly price be for a 27 month lease with 12k/year for an SLK280, automatic, metallic paint, Premium 1 and a CD changer (MSRP $49,505?)?
  • outieoutie Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone have the latest MF and residuals for the 07 models? SLK55 in particular. Thanks.
  • lbh2315lbh2315 Member Posts: 6
    Here is the proposed deal, Carman - any advice?

2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK280
    Metallic Obsidian Black
    7G Auto trans
    Premium Pack I
    CD changer
    AIRSCARF, heated seats

MSRP = $49,915
    Purchase Price = $46,000
    Decap = $1,000
    Money factor = .00150
    36 months
    57% residual
    Monthly of $596/mo (incl. tax)

Thoughts? I am also looking at the Audi TT and the Porsche Boxster. This deal seems to beat them hands down.
  • pellynhpellynh Member Posts: 12
    I just saw that MBUSA.com is showing a new "Summer Love" sales campaign. Unfortunately, no actual numbers are provided so although the SLK is listed as a car in the sales event...I have no clue how good it truly is...

Does anyone know the Residual and MF for this month??? (36mo/48mo and 15k)

Thanks in advance! :)
  • pellynhpellynh Member Posts: 12
    I just spoke with my local dealership and he confirmed that new rates will be coming on July 15th as the current rates are "horrible". On top of this, there's $3k mfg to dealer cash right now on the SLK 280....Hopefully, I can walk away with a great deal in a week or so...
  • rzeeerzeee Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone give me the scoop on how much I will pay for a 24 mo or a 36 mo lease - HEAR their is a $3000 dealer cash incentive and great rates? Can someone post some nubers for 10 to 15K/year at 24 mo or 36 mo? TOTALs?
  • rzeeerzeee Member Posts: 2
    Hi- would you mind giving me the scoop on how much I should be paying if I lease in the next 10 days? Looking for some numbers. THANKS
    Rick
  • johnboypsjohnboyps Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if Mercedes has decent leases for used SL's? I am considering leasing a used SL instead of a new one. I don't put many miles on a car and thought leasing a used one might be cheaper on the payments. Does anyone have any input on leasing used? I have always leased new cars.

Thanks
  • fx4a4fx4a4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    Can you please provide me with the residuals and money factors for a 350 SLK with amg sport package. looking at 33 month term with 10k per year. What type of dicount off of msrp can i expect?
    Thanks.
  • rking1118rking1118 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 SL500 with the lease coming due in mid May. Residual is just over $49,000. I love the car and have had virtually NO problems with it. The car has 39,000 miles on it and will be about 7,000 under the amount allowed by the lease (12,000 a year) at lease end. These vehicles are going for around $40,000 at the auction and only a car that has been completely reconditioned is worth close to what my lease end buyout would be. I know this car and have done the maintenance on it, however with 40,000 miles, I will need to replace tires again, do the brake pads and a B service if I keep the car. I have been told that I may be able to negotiate a better buyout from MercedesBenz financial. What should I offer? I would not mind keeping the car, but not at the automatic buyout. I am considering offering $40,000. Is that even realistic? Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.
    RKing
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Rking, I would pitch the 40k buyout to MB Financial. They are usually willing to negotiate, specially since models similar to yours are no where near your buyout price. Residuals are generally projections and estimates of what your car might be worth at lease end so I would never pay that price. I know my sister was able to renegotiate her Volvo S40 (I know, not the same car but same idea) at lease end and was able to shave $3000 dollars off the buyout price. You got nothing to lose.
  • erichayeserichayes Member Posts: 1
    Can someone post the 2009 slk lease rates?
    I have a 2009 slk 350 on order. it should be coming in within the next month.
    I feel a little exposed that i do not know the current residual and money factor offered.
    The dealer said they could not tell me until it comes in.
  • sparkangelosparkangelo Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking for a short term lease on the slk 2012. What are some quotes that's out there?
    10k mi 24 or 27mo lease.
    Hello sparkangelo. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 SLK350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00154 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Use these numbers and negotiate as low a selling price as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • georged4georged4 Member Posts: 34
    Hi Carman,

Are current Mercedes SLK new car leases for the longer terms available?

The Mercedes dealer in Fort Meyers has offered 8.5% off MSRP for a 2012 SLK. Is that a decent deal? I am considering the lease vs 72 month financing VS a finance with Balloon payment. The salesman discourages balloon but my thinking is that he does better with a lease.

Our plan is to buy the car new and keep it for many years. I know a purchase is the best financially, but I'd like to keep the payment low. I have Tier 1 credit and stable income so am not worried about refinancing in 3-6 years unless of course rates go crazy high. IF that happens I Can always sell since I will probably put $10K down so should have equity.

I can get less than 4% on a 72 month financing from Cap One.
    Hi georged4. One can lease a Mercedes-Benz vehicle for up to 60 months through its captive finance company, but its lease support is only available for up to 48-months.

Car_man
    Host
    Don't understand lease support.

Dealer has amounts that are higher than lease of finance at the MB web site. Any idea why?
    Lease support means that the manufacturer is providing a special, low money factor on a vehicle to make the payment more attractive than it ordinarily be. It usually doesn't make sense to lease for longer than the lease support is available for because if you do the money factor (which is used to calculate the interest portion of your lease payment) will increase, sometimes significantly.

On a comparably equipped vehicle the payments that are available at dealers shouldn't be any higher than Mercedes' official advertised payments. Of course, sales tax is added in at the dealer, but is not included in the advertised payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. I think it was the same deal at the web site:
    Money Factor = .0018 = APR 4.32%
    MSRP = $65635
    Sell Price - $59071.5 With Maintenance & Key Care
    Lease Payment = $649.27
    33 Months

Cap Reduction $3460.74

Total Out of pocket $5350

Mars Red with Bengal Red Interior (Claimed 1 of 2 in USA)
    Premium Pkg 1
    Magic Sky Roof (expensive but awesome)
    Sport Package
    Lighting Package
    Service 30,000 Miles
    Burl Walnut Trim Package
    18" Twin 5 Spoke Wheels
    Multimedia Package
    Rear Spoiler

I don't think I missed anything but MB.COM MSRP = $67,194
  • cadreamncadreamn Member Posts: 56
    Anyone know the current residual, money factors, etc. on the new SLK250 4 cylinder? Looking for very low mileage option as it would be a summer car, e.g. 7500 mi/year? Also has anyone seen one with a manual tranny yet?
    Hi cadreamn. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SLK250 with 7,500 miles per year are .00225 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Last month (end of feb) I got a little better lease deal for 33 Months w/ 12,000 / year on a 350 besides 10% off sticker. The residual was much higher than leasecompare.com estimated

PS: The 350 is way powerful enough. Almost wish I waited for the 250 and saved @ $14000 but there was no color combo yet built that we wanted (Mars Red with Bengal Red leather interior). It turns a lot of heads and gets a lot of compliments.
    Well, first of all I LOVE THIS CAR. Many compliments especially woth the Lars Red with Bengal Red Leather.

The residual was so high I doubt it will be worth buying out in 3 years ..... so

If I go to lease another will the salesman-dealer (or another dealer) have access to the price and lease payment etc? It was through Mercedes Financial. I'm thinking at least the same dealer would have access since he wrote the financing. If so does this help or hurt me in any way?
  • richcolumbiarichcolumbia Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car_Man,

Im in southern california and looking to lease a 2012 slk 250. I want 10k miles/3 yrs lease.

(1) Can you please tell me the residual and money factor?

(2) For the lease support, does the money factor go below the base money factor set by benz financial? Can that money factor be reduced further with multiple security deposit and auto pay?

TIA
    Car man has great advice but check leasecompare.com -- for me it was well worth paying for their software. In the end I got a better deal on residual and money factor than they said by what was on the mb web site and negotiating at the end of the month got a better deal than that.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/special_offers/current

OF course now I have a high residual to deal with in 33 months if I want to keep the car, so that encourages me to get another.

Good luck and enjoy the car ... the 350 is awesome.
  • richcolumbiarichcolumbia Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the link.

For the special on the website, what was the residuals and money factor for the 33 month lease?
    I doubt they publish the residual and money factor. Carman may know. Leasecompare will have estimates but you never can be sure until you negotiate with the finance manager after you make a deal. I signed one deal, went home and checked it closer. Then called the finance guy and told him what I could get and he pushed both the residual up and money factor down (see my prior post) as long as I promised to close the deal by the end of the month

For all car buys my suggestion is that people apply for a car loan at capitalone.com so you can have a check in your pocket but they don't do leases and the max loan is $40K -- might be up to 72 monthas
    Hi richcolumbia. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the 2012 SLK 350. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease program. I believe that its current buy rate standard lease money factor is around .00225 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current 36-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for this car is 57%.

You can reduce this money factor by going with auto-pay and by making multiple security deposits. Specifically, you can make up to ten additional security deposits, with each additional one lowering your car's money factor by .00007. I believe that the money factor reduction for auto-pay is something like .00010.

Car_man
    Host
  • samsakssamsaks Member Posts: 4
    So I went to a couple of dealerships and was told the residual is 68% for a 33 month lease @ 10000 miles for a SLK 250. Based on the advertised deal on the MB website --> http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/special_offers/current I figured that the money factor is .00180. Can anyone tell me that this is the MF for the SLK 250. I'm really close to locking down on a car and would appreciate any help you guys can provide. Basically looking for the money factor and residuals on the SLK 250.

Thanks
    If this helps a money factor of .00180 * 2400 should be about the same as APR 4.32, So you can figure cap cost-residual at that rate for 33 months and should come close.

Or since up for leasecompare for great lease tools. For $19 (I think) they saved me $78 a month off the first i offer. Don'r forget to add in all the goodies it has like prem pack, magic sky roof, havi, upgrades stereo. My 367 stickered at $5600 and the lease is %650
  • f4ngf4ng Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Do you know the July lease rate for 2012 SLK250 w/ 15K miles allowance? I'm looking for 36 or 48 month lease.

Thanks!
    Certainly f4ng. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SLK250 with 15,000 miles per year is 54%.

The 48-month, 15k residual value is 48%.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz financial right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its standard lease money factors vary by credit tier and I believe possibly by region as well, but you're probably looking at a Tier 1 buy rate of around .00200.

Car_man
    Host
  • ashafeyashafey Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man

Can you please share the SLK250 lease money factor and residual for 10,000 miles/year, 24 months and 36 months.

Are there any dealer incentives or loyalty bonus in November?

Thanks.
    I certainly can ashafey. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 SLK250 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 73% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 64%.

This month Mercedes-Benz is providing $2,000 "Winter Event" dealer cash certificates on select 2013 SLK models.

Car_man
    Host
  • wineandtravelwineandtravel Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

Do you know the January MF & Residual rate for 2013 SLK250 w/ 10K miles allowance? I'm looking for 30, 36 or 48 month lease. Also, are there any other dealer incentives this month?

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for wineandtravel. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual vale for a 30-month lease of a 2013 SLK250 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 72% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00160 and 64%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00160 and 55%.

As far as cash incentives go, Mercedes-Benz has some $2,000 winter event certificates out there right now.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.